New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Empire! The Pink Tide Festival, 446

Once roughly every 100 years, a rare event occurs in the Jeweled Cities. The twin moons of Telluris appear in the sky very close to one another and shine very brightly. This triggers a bloom of a special kind of plankton, which fill the warm shallows. At night, the plankton glow with a gentle pink light, tumbling and rolling with the waves. It is a harmless, beautiful sight. Local customs say it is an excellent time for romance to bloom as well- for both the young and for relationships in need of renewal.

AQUA has invited all the leaders of Telluris and their families to come for a vacation to the Islands for that week. It will be a chance to relax, to reconnect with friends, and to enjoy themselves. There are numerous private lodges and bungalows scattered around the islands, so the vacation can be as public or private as they desire. Catamarans and dugouts will be at their disposal to convey them to any location they desire.

The AQUA leadership promises daily tours and events for the entire family to enjoy. They include kid-friendly sea turtle encounters, magic shows, and animal sightseeing tours. For the young adults there will be music and dancing in multiple throughout the day and into the evening. The more adventurous can try Jielf on several courses, multiple free-running paths through the hills and mangroves, and guided reef diving. Deep see fishing for shark and marlin and tours of the volcanic outlfows of the Old Man Island are available as well.
    Last edited by lt_murgen; 2014-09-10 at 12:59 PM.
    Keeper of the 49 Rules.

Pet Peeve: Yay ≠ Yeah

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Empire! The Pink Tide Festival, 446

Odd, do you not think, that these moons of ours move so strangely? Even with the assistance of our marvelous looking glasses, I cannot make heads nor tails of their cycles, spoke a red-haired man with pale, borderline deathly skin, but with bright, inquisitive green eyes.
    You and the skies, Jason. You practically begged me to let you join me here, just for the moons., smirked a twenty-something woman with black hair and an olive skin tone.
    Aw, you wouldn't have wanted to come without me, Cass. You know, I heard from one of the crewman-
    Enough, Jason. sternly spoke a matronly woman with steely gray hair- Councilwoman Bernadette Gaspard, the replacement for Giroux.Cassandra is enough trouble without you and your stories fanning the flames. And as for you, Cassandra, rounding on her. Stay out of trouble. You have all of the temper of your namesake, and the same amount of common sense. I have my own meetings to attend to.
    Hey, I'm an adult now, and a Princess besides! You can't control me! , she shot back heatedly.
    By the law, yes, but not by me and certainly not by the Dauphin or by the Lady.
    Cass turns around and storms off, too angry to refute those two- probably true- statements. Jason sighs and hurries after her, while Gaspard sniffs and walks away, accompanied by a single guard. The other follows discretely behind Jason, clad in a civilian military uniform, but with a sword at his waist.
    Last edited by Lord_Burch; 2014-09-11 at 05:31 PM.
    Amazing Jaune Arc avatar made by the talented artist Comissar. Thanks a lot!

Playing as the Kingdom of Gleiss in Empire! 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    A ravenous, numberless horde of immortal, undying goats cursed with unceasing hunger would actually be a very disturbing apocalypse.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

Jabari Ignafar looked around at the beautiful island flora and fauna from atop a large rock he had just climbed. His eyes also wandered over and appreciated the beautiful native women who wore just about the right amount of clothes in his humble opinion. If one was going to wearing clothes anyway. He himself was dressed in a very Islander fashion, the trends having taken hold in Emerald City where he spent most of his time and his parentage affording him the funds to stay in touch with the latest fashions. His golden-bronze skin, shimmering with a metallic sheen and his slightly pointed ears marked the fae heritage of his father and the dark eyes and sharp facial features accentuated his Woodwind heritage.

"I bet every other couple on the islands is probably on their way to the Pink Tide shore to get a good spot before dusk but not us, no we gotta go play Jielf with all your stupid friends," a voice came from behind Jabari and he turned around.

"First off, we ain't no couple, just cause our parents want us to be don't make it so, and second no one said you had to come Myra," she'd been complaining all day but hadn't left despite his best efforts to get her to realize that mistake.

"Oh drop the pirate speech Jaba, just because we're on the islands and you're in that silly getup doesn't make you Pirate King Grumby."

The girl, a pretty Alorese native and the granddaughter of former Speaker Aluic Shaeldtae was looking quite crossly at her companion. She was dressed in a more Alorese fashion, though even in her more southerly-styled clothes Islander heritage bled in. She was preparing to launch into another complaint and point against the Woodwind boy when a voice interrupted her.

"Jaba! You made it!" another young man was racing up to Jabari from the other side of the rock from Myra.

He was dressed in the simple style of the Hrathanese and his darker skin and light hair spoke to a Tuorkey origin.

"Manni!" Jabari shouted back, hoping down from the rock.

As the two young men greeted one another with arm grasps and playful rough housing Myra came out from behind the rock and cleared her throat.

"Oh, uh, Manni, this here's Myra Shaeldtae, her grandpappy was the big Speaker years back and her pa stuck her with me to watch over. Myra, this here's Manni Kethmik, his ma's-"

"The Guildmaster for the Old Guild in Hrathan," Myra finished, her face twisting up in a mixed look of concern and discomfort.

Manni looked a little ashamed and tried a smile to lighten things but before he could speak Jabari was already clapping a hand on his back.

"Hey don't mind her, let's go Jielf!"

With one last look of apology Manni followed his friend off to the Jielf courts leaving Myra behind.

"Typical boys," Myra said with a huff, choosing not to follow them to the courts and instead make her way to one of the parties on the beach hoping she might find someone with a little more finesse among the other visitors to the island.

***********Elsewhere***********

A small, inconspicuous to an untrained or unknowing eye party of older men and women moved through the crowd of people on the Islands. Two women and one man, all three in their fifties stayed close together while a few other, younger members of their party fanned out through the crowd, seeming to enjoy the revelry of the occasion. They were dressed in Triumviral style and their features would not be amiss in a Senate meeting but the only truly distinguishable characteristic among them was the man's odd choice in companion, an Ayavan cave cat draped over his neck.

The woman who seemed to be in charge, Tuorkey if they were indeed all Triumviral, approached a porter and whispered something.

Spoiler: Murgen
    Show

"Might we speak with the head of FATS and associates? I come as representative of the Triumviral Guilds."

Spoiler: Party
    Show

Jabari Ignafar (m) - 21 year old Senator's grandson from Woodwind. Half Nyroth faefolk, half Woodwind

Myra Shaeldtae (f) - 17 year old daughter of Triumvrial Reserve Minister Malyn Shaeldtae and granddaughter of former Speaker Aluic Shaeldtae. Alorese.

Manni Kethmik (m) - 18 year old son of Guildmaster Bil Kethmik of Hrathan-Tuor

Guildmaster Thu Jaranda (f) - 44 year old Guildmaster out of Woodwind.

Guildmaster Jengo Murumbi (m) - 53 year old Guildmaster out of Genivana

Guildmaster Bil Kethmik (f) - 55 year old Guildmaster out of Hrathan-Tuor

Spoiler
    Show

Amazing Avatar by Qwernt! Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Kornaki View Post
    The whole world is held aloft by a dragon.

That dragon? Held aloft by a bigger dragon.

It's dragons all the way up
    Beat the bejesus out of a Paladin

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Only a few years previously, the Carmine delegation might have been regarded as an invasion force. Three ships had made the journey, ensigns and bright flags fluttering in the wind, but for the first time in two generations, this was an official diplomatic visit. Although two of the ships were over fifty years old, they looked good, newly renovated, and their hulls caulked with kelp-olive oil, while the names of the three vessels gleamed as if newly-painted: Queen Amber, Jonas Rex, Summers' End.

While the royal family were proud of their islander heritage, most of them had never set foot on the islands. Others were returning home after a long absence. On the flagship were the twin children of Amber Grant, Tempest and Jonas, now very advanced in years, together with Tempest's sons and grandson. The king stepped off the Jonas Rex when it docked, along with his Eyrecradian wife and his twin sons, clad for once in silk to take account of the warmer climate, rather than heavy wools and furs. The two boys stared about them in wonder at the colourful landscape, and the king raised an eyebrow as if to say "so this is what all the fuss was about."

From the Summers' End stepped the captain, Jogay, a tall and striking man with some of the angular features of a Jarrlander, but a strong chest, webbed fingers, and casual good looks common to Tangarotha, a large two-handed sword strapped across his back. He was met on the dock by an islander woman of apparently similar age, to whom he gave a knowing wink, then fished a ruby the size of a boy's fist out of a pocket and tossed it to her by way of greeting.

Spoiler: Attendees
    Show

King Alfmark, 50
    Melhib Benxia, his wife
    Alfwyn and Alfmyr, their twin sons, 16 (unmarried)
    Queen Tempest and her twin Jonas, 80.
    Atheldynn, Tempest's elder son, 53
    Adrianna, his wife, 54
    Elwyr, her younger son, 45 (unmarried)
    Athelwyr, Atheldynn's son, 21
    Seirwynn, Atheldynn's cousin, 35 (unmarried, under close supervision)
    Lyra Shaeldtae, his wife, 18
    Jodoc, Aotrou a Kriestiez (goblin)
    Aikaterina, Ireiarchon Teinanaxe, 21
    Captain Jogay Morris (41) and his crew
    GITP Blood Bowl Manager Cup
    Red Sabres - Season I Cup Champions, two-time Cup Semifinalists
    Anlec Razors - Two-time Cup Semifinalists
    Bad Badenhof Bats - Season VII Cup Champions
    League Wiki

Spoiler: Previous Avatars
    Show
    (by Strawberries)
    (by Rain Dragon)

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by QuintonBeck View Post
    The woman who seemed to be in charge, Tuorkey if they were indeed all Triumviral, approached a porter and whispered something.

Spoiler: Murgen
    Show

"Might we speak with the head of FATS and associates? I come as representative of the Triumviral Guilds."
    The porter looked carefully at the group. They could see the calculation in the young man's eyes. "Yes, you will be wanting passage into the City of Pearl, then?" He said brightly and loudly. "Dock 16 has a coaster by the name of 'Setting Duck'. Captain Vug is making twice daily trips in to Pearl. For free, of course." With a lower voice he added, "The captain can handle any special requests you need."

Quote Originally Posted by Aedilred View Post
    The king stepped off the Jonas Rex when it docked, along with his Eyrecradian wife and his twin sons, clad for once in silk to take account of the warmer climate, rather than heavy wools and furs. The two boys stared about them in wonder at the colourful landscape, and the king raised an eyebrow as if to say "so this is what all the fuss was about."
    "Greetings, Jarrow!" A loud vocie boomed from across the dock. A tall older man of mixed Islander descent smiled and waved. With him was a woman, clearly of Raanekan descent and striking for her late middle age. Hanging back was a man bearing features of both parents, but with a pale complexion and sullen demeanor.
    The man spotted the Dowager Queen and her brother working their way down the ramp. "Cousins!" He yelled and rushed over to them.

OOC: This is Tarn Grant-Tremblor Adite, Dame Dusari Adite, and their son. Also known as the Raanekan branch of the family.

The Grant Compound was one of the largest structures built when the capital of Pearl was reconstructed. It was done partly as a peace offering, partly as a needed defense structure. It sat on a point that stuck out into the main deep sea channel into Pearl and welcomed visiting ships with graceful melding of a half-dozen architectural styles. It looked flowing an elegant, but the outer façade was supported by strong inner walls and excellent lines of sight for the heavy artillery concealed about the grounds.
    Spoiler: The Grant Compound
    Show

Cousins of the Grant family were welcome to stay there. Cousins, in the islander term, meaning those connected by blood or by the trials of life. A good portion of the family were already gathered there.

Martin Grant-Tremblor, his wife Yvinia, and their two adopted sons Maximillian and Gilligan, were present. Their eldest daughter, Ginger, stopped by daily. Often, she had her husband, the Skipper-General Andust Fitzrion, in tow. She was determined that he have fun for a change. Her parents doted on her, even more so when she told them she was pregnant with their first grandchild!

Hawkeye Grumby, his wife Doris Robson, and their three children occupied another suite. Hawkeye was an old, old friend from a line of old friends, stretching back to the original Skipper and his pal the Professor. John Francis Xavier, Margaret Jane, and Henry Braymore

Tumberink Grumby and his wife Huang Pei-Mei had their flagship “Sister Wind” moored nearby. Tumberink was a Senior councilmember, so he was busy meeting with other dignitaries. But Pei-Mei was as determined as Ginger that her husband relax and have fun. Their three children were Phillip, Dominique, and Emmanuel.
    Last edited by lt_murgen; 2014-09-11 at 12:14 PM.
    Keeper of the 49 Rules.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Bugbear in the Playground

Question Re: Empire! The Pink Tide Festival, 446

Councillor
    Striding purposefully up to the docks, Gaspard surveys them with an air of authority. Happening to see a young dockworker loitering nearby, she walks up to him, "I require passage to Pearl City, on urgent business to speak with the leaders of AQUA and Celero, if possible, on urgent business from the Silver Moon* Find me a ship to get there- there'll be a half-moon** in it for you. Tell the captain I can pay, if necessary.

Spoiler: Notes
    Show
    *Official short name of the state formerly known as the Bordeux Concordant.
    **The "moon" is a denomination of Silver Moon* coin- cast in silver, with an eagle on the front, and smooth on the back.
    Spoiler: Notes Note
    Show
    *It feels really weird to say this, now. I may yet revert back to saying "Bordeusi".

Cassandra
    Finding Cass standing at the edge of the beach, staring out into the sea, Jason slips an arm around her shoulder.
    C'mon, Cass. You always wanted to visit the islands, didn't you? Always wanted the freedom they offered. Well, you're here! Why sit here and stare?
    I... I don't know, really. I've always been confined by the court- one misstep and I'd ruin everything. Hell, Grandmother drilled that into my head often enough.
    And no one's watching you know. C'mon, I've heard they've got great parties here...
    As he leads her off, he glances up and sees the Alorese. His face briefly tightens into one of distaste, before assuming one of careful detachment.
    Last edited by Lord_Burch; 2014-09-11 at 05:43 PM.
    Amazing Jaune Arc avatar made by the talented artist Comissar. Thanks a lot!

Playing as the Kingdom of Gleiss in Empire! 3.

A ravenous, numberless horde of immortal, undying goats cursed with unceasing hunger would actually be a very disturbing apocalypse.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by lt_murgen View Post
    The porter looked carefully at the group. They could see the calculation in the young man's eyes. "Yes, you will be wanting passage into the City of Pearl, then?" He said brightly and loudly. "Dock 16 has a coaster by the name of 'Setting Duck'. Captain Vug is making twice daily trips in to Pearl. For free, of course." With a lower voice he added, "The captain can handle any special requests you need."
    "Many tanks and much obliged yung mon," the man with the Cave Cat answered.

The trio made their way towards the docks to find the 'Setting Duck' and the woman who had not yet spoken finally voiced herself.

"They're sure to know about it, they're the plum explorers found the place, Vug's probably the damn ringleader, wasting time like this when we should be burning shipments and sending messages is why this deal was a bad idea from the start."

"Hold your tongue, FATS has worked right with us for right at 15 years, you don't burn something like that over mystery shipments."

"I ain't seen Pei Mei at da Emerald since dey stahted shippin in, but I'm sure big momma FATS knows and she a smart mom, she knows we need ta talk."

The short conversation seemed to quiet the discontent and the three made their way to the docks, finding the designated ship and boarding it, asking one of the crew for an audience with the captain. Shale likely would recognize them from dealings over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Burch View Post
    Cassandra
    Finding Cass standing at the edge of the beach, staring out into the sea, Jason slips an arm around her shoulder.
    C'mon, Cass. You always wanted to visit the islands, didn't you? Always wanted the freedom they offered. Well, you're here! Why sit here and stare?
    I... I don't know, really. I've always been confined by the court- one misstep and I'd ruin everything. Hell, Grandmother drilled that into my head often enough.
    And no one's watching you know. C'mon, I've heard they've got great parties here...
    As he leads her off, he glances up and sees the Alorese. His face briefly tightens into one of distaste, before assuming one of careful detachment.
    Myra noticed a young couple on the beach, dressed in finery, foreign nobles probably. They were making their way by her and she raised a hand in greeting,

"My Lord, My Lady, begging your pardon, but might either of you know where the festivities are centered? My date ran off to play Jielf and I was told this beach was set to be a party but it seems rather barren," she smiled, hoping not to offend, having missed the look of distaste earlier.

Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

"Greetings, Jarrow!" A loud vocie boomed from across the dock. A tall older man of mixed Islander descent smiled and waved. With him was a woman, clearly of Raanekan descent and striking for her late middle age. Hanging back was a man bearing features of both parents, but with a pale complexion and sullen demeanor.
    The man spotted the Dowager Queen and her brother working their way down the ramp. "Cousins!" He yelled and rushed over to them.

OOC: This is Tarn Grant-Tremblor Adite, Dame Dusari Adite, and their son. Also known as the Raanekan branch of the family.
    "Tarn! It's been too long!" Atheldynn walked over to give him a hug, followed rather more slowly by the rest of the family. Tempest was leaning on her younger son: while Jonas had needed a cane for over sixty years, it was unclear whether his sister actually needed the support, or if it was just overprotection by her son - or a desire to lull observers into a false sense of security.

"They've done the place up a bit, at least," she muttered. "It was still a floating junkyard last time I was here."

Atheldynn continued talking to his cousin, ignoring her for the moment. "This is the problem with the Games no longer being in Raaneka: we don't have the excuse to come and visit even every now and again any more. How is Amber? Anguryn writes occasionally and seems to be enjoying herself." He eventually yielded to Tempest's prodding and stood aside so she could greet her cousin properly.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Amber is Tarn and Dusari's daughter, who was - although we didn't get the chance to do anything with it - in the very early stages of a relationship with her cousin Anguryn (one of mine) at around the time Zap left - so I guess 25 years IC (time goes quickly!)
    Last edited by Aedilred; 2014-09-11 at 11:21 PM.
    League Wiki

Show
    (by Strawberries)
    (by Rain Dragon)

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Burch View Post
    "I require passage to Pearl City, on urgent business to speak with the leaders of AQUA and Celero, if possible, on urgent business from the Silver Moon* Find me a ship to get there- there'll be a half-moon** in it for you. Tell the captain I can pay, if necessary.
    A young man wearing a hat festooned with blue feathers* eargerly replies, "OF course sir! No problems, sir! There are catamarans and coasters leaving on a regular basis to move our honored guests between islands. No payment is required. Catamarans are smaller, so they can only take 6 to 8 passengers. But they are faster, since they can travel through the shoals. Coasters take roughly two hours longer, as they are confined to the deep channels.

May I inquire how many will be travelling with you?"

The short conversation seemed to quiet the discontent and the three made their way to the docks, finding the designated ship and boarding it, asking one of the crew for an audience with the captain. Shale likely would recognize them from dealings over the years.
    Sure enough, Shale joined them in a quiet cabin as soon as the rowing tug cast off its line and the sails were unfurled. He carried some kind of sea bird with him, setting it carefully on a stand near the door.

He nodded to each, "Welcome. We'll be in Pearl in about three hours. The wind is keeping us to the deep channel, so we have to take the long way." He sat down and poured himself a drink from a pitcher on the table, indicating for them to help themselves. "It must be serious for you to come all this way. I'll send a note ahead" he said, pointing to the bird, "but I need to tell them how pissed off you are, and why."

"Atheldynn continued talking to his cousin, ignoring her for the moment. "This is the problem with the Games no longer being in Raaneka: we don't have the excuse to come and visit even every now and again any more. How is Amber? Anguryn writes occasionally and seems to be enjoying herself." He eventually yielded to Tempest's prodding and stood aside so she could greet her cousin properly.

Show
    Amber is Tarn and Dusari's daughter, who was - although we didn't get the chance to do anything with it - in the very early stages of a relationship with her cousin Anguryn (one of mine) at around the time Zap left - so I guess 25 years IC (time goes quickly!)
    Spoiler: ooc
    Show
    You don't know when she was born, do you? I did invent a son as well, so I am trying to reconcile relative ages. I also assume the girls are in a stable, adult relationship?

"The pair of them seem quite happy and inseperable. It's like having another daughter!" He smiles. His wife Yvinia gives a slight smile as well, but there is a certain wistfulness in it. "They wanted to be here, but Amber is a major financier of berunda ranchers, and its whelping season. She just couldn't leave."

Meanwhile, the sullen young man stepped up to give Tempest a perfunctory kiss. [B"Auntie. You really should tour the new city. They incorporated so many new techniques. see that windmill across the channel? It pumps..." [/B] Off he went, describing the clockworks and pumps, channels and flow directions, and so on, long after Tempest's eyes glazed over. She knew Tarn's son by reputation. He spent most of his time in research and study of a wide variety of subjects, but seldom was seen in the Raanekan court.
    Keeper of the 49 Rules.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ettin in the Playground

If the observations of the people on shore were correct, it appeared that the King of Ashenia had succumbed to international pressures and gotten a ship, and it appeared that he had spared no expense for its construction. The sails were of gleaming white and deep scarlet with the main sail bearing the coat of arms of Ashenia, the hull decorated with gilding and painted designs and the figurehead a finely carved rendition of a rearing horse in solid teak. Of course, the sailors were all Cree with a few Celerese here and there. Ashenites were land people, they weren't foolish enough to try and manage a ship.
    As such, the ship moored safely with the finely dressed Ashenites and their guards standing respectfully out of the way. Zhela Toranath, a tall middle aged woman dressed in a robe of brown and white silk as well as three younger women in fine dresses and a fifth woman wearing a grey dress and hooded cloak of the same material to obscure her features descended from the ship as gracefully as they could manage. The half dozen guards that followed them managed to do a much better job of it and they weren't even trying.
    Flanked by their guards, they started to make their way to the Grant Compound in the hopes of finding the Skipper-General there so that they could properly pay their respects. As they did, Zhela took the opportunity to reiterate on a previous "discussion" she had had with the princesses.
    "Remember girls, this trip might be for fun and as a chance for the three of you to get away from court, maybe meet a nice young man. But you'd better be careful how you meet said nice young man. Get up to anything you shouldn't, and I swear by the spirits I'll marry you to the lucky fellow so you can have the pleasant experience of introducing your grandfather to his new grandson-in-law."
    "We've gone over this a dozen times already Aunt Zhela. We're grown women, we don't need a chaperone."
    "If you say so Adrianna. But remember, you have two nations watching to see who you marry. Don't stuff this up."
    "Not to worry Aunty. I have no intention of falling for some handsome island boy. Though, that one over there is particularly handsome..."
    At this, the three girls laughed and Zhela rolled her eyes in mock resignation.
    "I swear, when I left Ashenia all those years ago, you three were perfect little darlings. And I'm sure I used to be fun. Where does the time go?"

Spoiler: Characters present:
    Show
    -Zhela Toranath
    -The unidentified individual
    -Princess Ambryn (19)
    -Princess Salline (18)
    -Princess Adrianna (18)
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

At this, the three girls laughed and Zhela rolled her eyes in mock resignation.
    "I swear, when I left Ashenia all those years ago, you three were perfect little darlings. And I'm sure I used to be fun. Where does the time go?"
    The group was ushered to a portico overlooking the harbor. A group of men were hitting Jielf balls out into the bay, while a group of women lounged nearby. A few were donning their vests as the Ashenian delegation stepped out into the sun.

Andus himself greeted them. He was a handsome man, distractingly so. After making a passable attempt at a formal Ashenian greeting, he broke into a smile. “Greetings! I am honored you chose to attend our inconsequential festival.” He gave each of the girls a devastating smile. “My porters tell me you came here directly. Thank you. But please do not stand on formality. Our hope is for you to find some bliss for a time. We have ample accommodations for your party. What is your desire? Food, music, dacing? Perhaps only a chance to lie in the sun undisturbed for a time?”

But before the girls could answer, a racket distracted the group. A half dozen toy balls, oranges, and a couple of belaying pins come clattering down a nearby ramp from above, followed by a man in his early twenties. Several younger children clung to his arms, legs, and his bare chest and back.

“Gilligan! We have guests.” A half-Quill half-Islander man scolded.

“Dear, he was entertaining his cousins.” A beautiful Guilderene woman said from her lounger.

“I’m sorry, dad, but I was juggling for them when they decided to play “climb the mast” with me as the ship.” The young man replied. He shook off a few of the younger ones, pointing to the lost juggling balls. He shot them a severe look when they complained, and they scurried about collecting the objects as he quickly donned a proper vest. Too slow, however, for the girls not to get a good look at him. He was tall and lean, with bronze skin and piercing green eyes. His dark hair was done in tight braids, and streaked with red and purple. Along the right side of his face was a tattoo similar to his fathers, and across his broad, muscular chest were patterns of green and white lines and dots.

“Well, round them up and take them back to the gardens! I’ve got money on the longest drive here!” A slightly older man replied. It was clear the two were brothers, almost identical images of each other.

Spoiler: present at the moment
    Show

Andus Fitzrion, Skipper General of AQUA, and his wife Ginger. Ginger one of three children adopted by Martin Grant-Tremblor.
    Martin Grant-Tremblor, governor of the Salterri colony of Neimedland. Half Islander, half Quill; and his wife, Princess Yvinia of Guilder.
    Martin’s other sons, Maximillian and Gilligan. All three children are from Tzaltec lands.

Oh, and here is Andus in his informal outfit, so you understand when I say he is distractingly handsome
    Keeper of the 49 Rules.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Barbarian in the Playground

The Caercian delegation was relatively small, with one war picking up and another still being settled fully along with the multitude of appointments being made over provincial councils and Protectorships many of the prominent members were stuck still at the homefront and only those with little obligation had had the freedom to take a Sterk ship to the Jeweled Cities of AQUA, a potential neighbor in the nearing future, to begin to develop relationships.

The ship was rather barebones in accompaniment, the Sterk sailors being most prominent followed by the Pavonian mercenary recruits who had been assigned guard duty and the small bunch of Caercia young adults who were coming to act as ambassadors, unaccompanied by any Caercian Councilors owing to the business on the homefront and the relatively light weight of the Festival they were attending.

The ship docked and the guests discharged themselves to join the festivities, splitting into two groups, the first composed of the relatives of the Caercian branch out of Sterkelv and the second of those of Wyrmarian origin.

Spoiler: Attendees
    Show

Octavio Caercia, Heir-Protector of Sterkelv, 24 (unmarried)
    Brutus Caercia, Heir-Protector of Wyrmar, 16 (unmarried)
    Rosa Caercia, First daughter of the Protector of Sterkelv, 13 (unmarried)
    Claudia Caercia, first daughter of the Protector of Wyrmar, 20 (unmarried, formerly betrothed to Marevain Earthguard)
    Astrid Gundarsan, niece of the Protector of Sterkelv, 23 (unmarried)

Spoiler: lt_Murgen
    Show

I don't think I'm likely to spend an action on attendance this round but I'll probably attend something next round, I say that because I was wondering if you might want to set up either some trades or marriages with the Bloomenwald Isles being right next to Bjurnja meaning we're soon to be neighbors and all and I like what you've come up with that I've read. (Plus it seems in style to have some Islander floating around in your royal tree so I don't want to get left out of the trend )

I also had some ideas about the Bloomenwald that I wouldn't mind talking to you about too.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Troll in the Playground

Sure enough, Shale joined them in a quiet cabin as soon as the rowing tug cast off its line and the sails were unfurled. He carried some kind of sea bird with him, setting it carefully on a stand near the door.

He nodded to each, "Welcome. We'll be in Pearl in about three hours. The wind is keeping us to the deep channel, so we have to take the long way." He sat down and poured himself a drink from a pitcher on the table, indicating for them to help themselves. "It must be serious for you to come all this way. I'll send a note ahead" he said, pointing to the bird, "but I need to tell them how pissed off you are, and why."
    "This," Guildmaster Kethmik said, drawing a small vial from a pouch at her hip, "Is the point of our concern."

The vial was filled with a thick purple liquid that clung to the sides as the Guildmaster gave it a shake and sloshed its contents.

"We've heard it called Grape Lotus Syrup and it seems to be growing popular as a vice, but no Guildman is selling it and from what we've gathered its origin is that of the latest discovery of AQUA. We wanted to speak with our friends and allies about where exactly its coming from, and what exactly it is."

"We ain't got no problems wit people takin dey medicine how dey sees fit to take it, but we be writin da prescriptions ey mon?" Jengo added.

"And yes, we wished to ensure future shipments of the Syrup come through Guild avenues as is customary," Bil nodded her head in agreement with Jengo's statement.

Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #14

Loris arrived on the Islands alone, or, as alone as royalty could arrive. No other notable members of the Varinel family or the other nobles or aristocracy had joined her on her trip, not even her sister Kyria who was still preparing intensely for the Battle of Wits over Sanctuary. Loris should have been doing the same, some would say, to which Loris would reply that she was doing just that. The Battle tested a potential heir on every aspect of rulership and faith was a keystone and while she may have known the Faith of the Mother better than her sister she did not herself feel that simply being more adept than her sister would secure her victory in the Battle, itself designed to ensure a high minimum level in all categories was assured.

After a long trip overland and a much shorter sailing on a Celerese ship that had been docked in Woodwind's Emerald City during which she had spoken to the diverse Radurjic and Children crew on matters of faith she eventually arrived on the islands and made landfall to much relief. Being landlocked certainly limited one's "sea-legs" as they were called.

Walking among the Islands she had enjoyed the salty, sunny, tropical freedom, a far cry from the extreme climates of the surfaces of Faedas and the dim glow of the under-realms. But she did not dally long. After a while of quiet enjoyment and reflection she approached a porter.

"Might you know where I can find the Eldest Child Linden Flint?"

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

Why?

Apiskaupus Thuidans gently ran a claw through the water. Myriad small scales on his torso dimly reflected the starlight.

If any were to tell me my entire world would be instantly unrecognizable upon meeting a Haljan female, I would think them rather... crazy, for lack of a better word.

Though in truth his worries were much larger than just one Haljan. Aipiskaupus did not think of the unrest in Halja, the change of leadership or even the western lands where he had spent much of his time recently. Much could be said for working through one's problems one at a time, yet no matter how many solutions he would find for the first issue he wished to tackle, it would not leave his mind. Aipiskaupus almost hadn't noticed the waves slowly tugging his shirt and waistcoat further out to sea. With one pincer he tossed them inland, though it was far too late to keep them from getting wet to begin with.

"Are you not intending on assisting with these formalities?" Ainiveous smiled wryly at the Haljan as he placed the signed Peace Pact documents into a satchel.
    "How I did not notice you there, I shall never know. No, though it is one of my final acts as Kaiser, let it instead be one of the first things my Uncle officially handles. His inexperience should amuse you, I would expect."
    Ainiveous did not seem amused, though it was nigh impossible to tell with the Orthyknin.
    "A question, High Prince, if I may."
    "Of course. Though, such formalities are unnecessary as I am simply in charge of my people whereas you are Head of the Council for the Province of Halja. Well, after you officially step down. Kaiser."
    Aipiskaupus clickes his pincers a few times before raising an antennae slightly at Ainiveous.
    "How do you deal with change?"
    For the first time that Aipiskaupus could remember, a brief hint of emotion showed on Ainiveous' face.
    "For the Orthyknin, no matter how much changes around us we never truly have to deal with great change, for we ourselves never will change much."

With that, he left the Haljan alone on the beach.

((OOC - Aiskaupus' airship is nearby and safely tied down. Its small crew are, um... somewhere.))

EDIT - Initial post was from a mobile device. Fixed numerous issues.

((OOC note - Aipiskaupus is wearing a leather belt with belt pouch.))
    Last edited by Rain Dragon; 2014-09-13 at 05:36 AM.
    I go by they/them/their or he/him/his pronouns

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

"And yes, we wished to ensure future shipments of the Syrup come through Guild avenues as is customary," Bil nodded her head in agreement with Jengo's statement.
    Shale took the vial, opened it gingerly and stuck in the tip of his pinkie. He tasted the single drop he extracted, then quicky spit it out and took a huge drink, to rinse out his mouth.

"Grape Lotus. No doubt." He replied grimly. He quickly wrote out a note and attached it to the bird, sending it on its way.

"We have nothing to do with it. This stuff makes sominorum look like coffee." He said grimly. He went on to recount the tale of the "Child of Fortune" and how it lost crew to that narcotic. "It took 6 months for the crew they recovered to break the addiction. We have been pushing to interdict the entire chain. The Skipper finally ordered a small fleet built for that, but it won't be ready for another few years."
    He seemed angry. "I've called a meeting. We need to talk."

Quote Originally Posted by Reggiejam View Post
    "Might you know where I can find the Eldest Child Linden Flint?"
    A middle aged woman wearing a bright blue feathered hat (and little else, to Lois' eye) directed her to specific location on the Isle of Birds, another short voyage across the archipelao. The sea was much less disturbed as the catamaran crossed the sparkling blue shallows. It was even beautiful with the many shoals of coral and tropical fish.

The Isle of Birds was, as she recalled, controlled by the religious aspects of AQUA culture. It was a heavily forested island full of songbirds and seabirds. The Isle of Amber was a small port on the rocky shores, and it was a quick uphill walk to the home she sought.

It was a small sanctuary and lodge for the Children of Kina. It's interior court featured a large statue of the Goddess. People of many nationalities were present. All defined by the simple weighted scarf wound about one wrist. There, she found Linden Flint.

Linden was bedridden. His face was pale and he had sunken features. Still, he was awake and alert. He greeted her by name and title, and then spoke warmly, "My cousin in faith. How good it is to see you. I have long desired to meet such a devout Child."
    Keeper of the 49 Rules.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Troll in the Playground

Shale took the vial, opened it gingerly and stuck in the tip of his pinkie. He tasted the single drop he extracted, then quicky spit it out and took a huge drink, to rinse out his mouth.

"Grape Lotus. No doubt." He replied grimly. He quickly wrote out a note and attached it to the bird, sending it on its way.

"We have nothing to do with it. This stuff makes sominorum look like coffee." He said grimly. He went on to recount the tale of the "Child of Fortune" and how it lost crew to that narcotic. "It took 6 months for the crew they recovered to break the addiction. We have been pushing to interdict the entire chain. The Skipper finally ordered a small fleet built for that, but it won't be ready for another few years."
    He seemed angry. "I've called a meeting. We need to talk."
    "I told you this stuff was dangerous," Thu said quietly.

"Damn mon, dat sounds to be mighty powerful juice," Jengo said, eying the vial with wary interest.

"This certainly seems dangerous. I have connections with the Council and Jengo has his fleet, we would be happy to assist you with any sort of interdiction."

Spoiler: OOC Murgen Only
    Show

How are things going with the New Federation thing?

Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #18
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Now.

At the declaration of this word the Nix'darum rose from the sea, stoic and in formation, waiting for further orders.

It is time to speak with our neighbors; we have much to discuss.

The march of footsteps in unison could be heard from far of the coast, but no one knew why.

Spoiler
    Show
    The'ye going to look around a bit, maybe make some friends, maybe not.

keeping it short, I want to leave somethings open.
    Last edited by Sorrcerousflux; 2014-09-14 at 11:06 AM.
    Sry, for any delays; its not my intarnet... its probobly thr fact I spend several minuts spell checing miself.

also, trilobites are awesome, no questions asked.

Sorcerer in the playground, horror to bandits and wizards alike.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by ReaderAt2046 View Post
    A short distance further down the beach from where the Nixdarum had arisen, a trio of figures spot them. A massive booming voice calls out "Halt! Who goes there?"
    A booming reply echoed up towards the trio,

"We are the Nix'darum! We wish to converse with your leaders!"

A fanfare begins to play, a national anthem perhaps? Its song seems completely vocal, strange.
    Sry, for any delays; its not my intarnet... its probobly thr fact I spend several minuts spell checing miself.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

"This certainly seems dangerous. I have connections with the Council and Jengo has his fleet, we would be happy to assist you with any sort of interdiction."

Spoiler: OOC Murgen Only
    Show

How are things going with the New Federation thing?
    Shug remained non-committal until they reached Pearl. He pulled his ship alongside the "Sister Wind" and all the concerned parties were in Huang Pei-Mei's cabin. Most of the senior pirates of FATS were present, but it was she who spoke.

"First, please understand that we value our working relationship with your guilds. In the last decade and a half, we all have profited greatly." She bowed slightly to Jengo. "If I have been inattentive to any issues between our groups, I apologize. I will strive to do better." She turned more business-like. She held up the via "The grape-lotus is a powerful narcotic. If one was to consume this entire vial in one sitting, their mind would never recover. We want to keep it contained. But your presence confirms what we feared. Someone else is attempting to spread it."

"We will step up our efforts to keep ships from the shores of the Bloomewald. But we need help tracking the source."

Show
    We are crashing and burning on the Federation. Can't find a third. Trying to work with Morph on a couple of other ideas, though."

"Stay right there!" calls back the largest of the figures. "Gripsqueak, go and inform the Duke that there are... somethings here to see him."

The smallest of the three figures dashes off down the beach.
    Word spread quickly that some strange creatures were coming out of the water. Luckily, John LaFitte, a senior couniclmember, happened to be nearby, and sprinted over to see what was all the fuss.

When he saw the creatures, he called to a porter, "Have the Deep Horn sounded. I want Gonzo and Snuggles over here as quickly as they can swim."

He approached the creatures, arm out to one side, "Greetings, sentient beings! I am called John. I am one of the leaders of this land."
    Keeper of the 49 Rules.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Troll in the Playground

Shug remained non-committal until they reached Pearl. He pulled his ship alongside the "Sister Wind" and all the concerned parties were in Huang Pei-Mei's cabin. Most of the senior pirates of FATS were present, but it was she who spoke.

"First, please understand that we value our working relationship with your guilds. In the last decade and a half, we all have profited greatly." She bowed slightly to Jengo. "If I have been inattentive to any issues between our groups, I apologize. I will strive to do better." She turned more business-like. She held up the via "The grape-lotus is a powerful narcotic. If one was to consume this entire vial in one sitting, their mind would never recover. We want to keep it contained. But your presence confirms what we feared. Someone else is attempting to spread it."

"We will step up our efforts to keep ships from the shores of the Bloomewald. But we need help tracking the source."

Show
    We are crashing and burning on the Federation. Can't find a third. Trying to work with Morph on a couple of other ideas, though."
    "Well met again Admiral," Bil inclined her head.

"Me an my boys ain't much for trackin but I know da Old Guild got its ways."

"Indeed that's true," Thu said quietly, "The Network can find most anything, but we have no agents on or near Bloomenwald and they couldn't find the origin of this when they first looked, it's why we came to you."

"Do you have any idea who might be trying to run it under us both like this? Any leads to follow up on? The Guilds are of course happy to help our friends, but as Master Thu said, we've been unable to track it on our own."

Show

Well, that sucks. As offered before, the "minor state" offer still stands. I've given it some more thought and I was thinking if you did want to join it wouldn't have to be so much a "joining" as a formation of a sort of additional Confederation within/over the Triumvirate. I Democratic Coalition of Free States type deal where the Triumvirate remains the Triumvirate and Celero and AQUA remain Celero and AQUA but mechanically we'd get the bonuses of a united Federation. Essentially it would establish what the 1st Int'l Council was sort of looking to accomplish on a smaller scale and the fluff for it as a federation wouldn't be the same as the Triumvirate is as a federation.

After all, when the Triumvirate started out it was more of a Confederation moved to Federation by zab, Imp, and I deciding we wanted it to and using Zhuang to accomplish that but signing additional allies into a NATO type Federation that was based out of the Triumvirate's structure but was itself an evolution/mutation would be kinda cool. Obviously we'd be keeping hands to ourselves on all counts except where discussed and agreed to.

That's assuming your talks with Morph don't conclude in a positive way. My thing is simply knowledge that the Triumvirate is finished expanding through conquest and wanting to spread the massive successes of the Federation to friends and allies now instead of conquering enemies since that's really the only way we'll get the chance to "expand" anymore and I've always enjoyed working with you even when not officially part of anything. Obviously more and new is cool, but partly as a GM keeping the rules simple won't hurt my feelings either

Think about it at least and either way is fine, but I'm flexible with working different things/ideas.

Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #22
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

"We are the Nix'darum! I am their leader, Dorum; it is a present occurrence that we might meet here."

Dorum raises his hand and the fanfare stops,

"We have come to learn about the world around us. What is it that you lead, John?"

23. - Top - End - #23
    Titan in the Playground

Show
    You don't know when she was born, do you? I did invent a son as well, so I am trying to reconcile relative ages. I also assume the girls are in a stable, adult relationship?

"The pair of them seem quite happy and inseperable. It's like having another daughter!" He smiles. His wife Yvinia gives a slight smile as well, but there is a certain wistfulness in it. "They wanted to be here, but Amber is a major financier of berunda ranchers, and its whelping season. She just couldn't leave."

Meanwhile, the sullen young man stepped up to give Tempest a perfunctory kiss. [B"Auntie. You really should tour the new city. They incorporated so many new techniques. see that windmill across the channel? It pumps..." [/B] Off he went, describing the clockworks and pumps, channels and flow directions, and so on, long after Tempest's eyes glazed over. She knew Tarn's son by reputation. He spent most of his time in research and study of a wide variety of subjects, but seldom was seen in the Raanekan court.
    Show
    That's what I've been assuming, yeah. It seems to be what Zap was aiming for so I've tried to honour his "last request". She would be 44 by this point (b.402). Does Tarn's son have a name?

"I'll make sure we get a full tour," Elwyr said, sensing his mother had reached her limits of patience. "There might even be some ideas we can take back to Jarrland." The king gave a nod of agreement.

"We have a few plans in mind for building works. Our construction projects were delayed by the wars and other considerations, but we're hoping to get a lot done in the coming years. The port AQUA built for my uncle has been excellent, but we think it's time to expand it even further." He smiled slightly. "Guilderenes like to speak as if they're the greatest naval power in the east. We're hoping to... challenge that perception."
    League Wiki

Show
    (by Strawberries)
    (by Rain Dragon)

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

[COLOR="#FF0000"]"Do you have any idea who might be trying to run it under us both like this? Any leads to follow up on? The Guilds are of course happy to help our friends, but as Master Thu said, we've been unable to track it on our own."
    She looked pensive. "We have two working theories. First, it isn't someone from AQUA. The Skipper and his pet rat LaFitte offered the Bloomenwald as a prison to half a dozen leaders. Any one of them could be sending folks to investigate it. But if they are, those smugglers are good- we can't catch them."

Shale Vug added, "And why it would be turning up in the Triumvirate, we don't know."

Pei-Mei nodded, "Only small doses are showing up, and in widely varied communities. It is almost as if someone is testing to see what groups are affected by it. Which is our second thought. Someone is trying to turn it into a weapon."

"But that would take some serious money, and connections in both AQUA and in the areas it is turning up."

Again she nodded, "If you aren't bringing it in, and we aren't, then it has to be someone with enough pull to fool your people and the officials."

Show

Not entirely certain where I want to go with this yet. I like the idea of doing to some group what Britian did with opium imports to China, but I don't know if I can pull it of. I might use it for internal politics, maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrcerousflux View Post
    "We are the Nix'darum! I am their leader, Dorum; it is a present occurrence that we might meet here."

Dorum raises his hand and the fanfare stops,

"We have come to learn about the world around us. What is it that you lead, John?"
    ""The people of these islands. There are four of us who make decisions. I am one of them."

"Guilderenes like to speak as if they're the greatest naval power in the east. We're hoping to... challenge that perception."
    Show

I decided he should be called Devdan, one of the founders of Raaneka. He was born 100 years to the day from the original Devdan's birth

Tarn snorted, "The Guilderne think they are the best at everything." He caught his wife's look, and decided to be political, "but they have a lot to be proud of. Still, the Naval Academy here on the islands produces the best ships and pilots in the world. Have for decades. I'm sure you could recruit some shipwrights and navigators easily."

The sullen young man, Devdan, caught the conversation, "But they're falling behind! Airships are the way of the future. I reading a dissertation on the aerodyamic properties of various tanned animal hides and..." he started rambling something about elepahnt versus whales...

"Yes, well, the Guilder Academy of Clever Minds has done wonders for research. You might nee some kind of academy of your own, Elwyr, if you want to take Guilder on head to head."
    Keeper of the 49 Rules.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

"Hello then John. We have only recently awoken from a strange stasis, and we know nothing of this world."

The other Nix nodded to confirm,

"We are deeply estranged from our place in the world, it has been decided that coming here was the best method of contact."

Dorum went to shake John's hand when another group appeared and spoke,

"You speak as if you hold authority over me, how presumptuous."

A loud clicking noise rose from the Nix behind him; were they perhaps laughing?

"I am Dorum, I guide these people. The people I lead are the Nix'Darum, who were silenced in ages past by vicious evils. We held then, and control now our stretch of sea; it is our only dominion left.

There comes a sad moan from the Nix, it is a forlorn sound, almost as if they were in pain,

"Now John, who is this?"

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ettin in the Playground

The Ashenites at the Grant Compound

"Greetings to you as well Lord Andus. A chance to be in the Sun is exactly why I came here. Over a decade underground makes one long for light, even if you were with good company. Inconsequential though you claim your festival to be, the invitation certainly came at the right time.
    "Nevertheless, rest will have to come between other matters. I've got these three to watch."

Even though Zhela had mentioned them, the three girls behind her clearly had their minds on something else.
    "The Princesses Ambryn, Salline and Adrianna. Their parents thought the opportunity for travel would be good for them. As such, I get the unenviable position of chaperone."
    At this, they snapped back to paying attention and pretended to smile meekly.
    "Though I would have liked to have brought more of my nieces and nephews, part of me is glad that I only have to handle these three. There's a reason I never married."
    She dismissed the girls and as a group they went off into the garden to watch the game of Jielf, stopping every so often to admire an exotic flower or tropical bird.
    "Now that that is over with, I should inform you that our luggage will be arriving shortly as well as a gift from my father. He apologises that he is unable to attend due to his advanced years and wishes that I discuss affairs of state in his stead if at all possible."

Meanwhile, over in the garden...

"They certainly weren't lying when they said Islander men were handsome."
    "You've got your eye on one, haven't you? I can hear it in your voice."
    "It's that man, the one they called Gilligan, isn't it? 'Bryn, I think we should talk to Aunty about him tonight. I won't lie, I'd be pretty jealous if he falls for you, but you need to find someone quick, before Tamriel writes another epic about you."
    "That's your problem 'Bryn, you're too nice to him. If it were me, I'd have sent Cousin Athelmere around to 'discourage' him months ago."
    "Are you sure? It's a bit sudden don't you think?"
    "Honey... Your parents never even met each other before their wedding celebrations. At least you'll get to talk to the man before we see if Aunt Zhela can make things official."
    Adrianna picked a flower and placed it in Ambryn's hair before the three of them continued down the path.

Spoiler: OOC for Murgen
    Show
    Just to clarify, it was Ambryn and Gilligan we were arranging a marriage between, correct?
    Also, do you want to trade technology while we're here? If so, I can give you Zeppelin or Oracle tech in exchange for lenses.

Spoiler: Note to self:
    Show
    Trading Blackpowder and Oracles to Rain Dragon for Automata.
    Last edited by Elemental; 2014-09-15 at 09:20 AM.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

"You wished to speak with me?" called out the hastily dressed man. "What are you and to what powers owe you allegiance?" His right hand traced something that looked vaguely like a swastika in the air in front of him, following it up with a more complex design that is to difficult to easily follow.

John looked over at the Pavonians raised his hand in a restraining gesture. He wanted to keep this from becoming a fiasco. One hand did reach for a bamboo tube at his belt, however.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrcerousflux View Post
    [COLOR="#0000CD"]

"Now John, who is this?"
    "These our visitors to my land. We are having a celebration. They are here to celebrate." John realized he was talking in short sentences, as if to a child. Yet these creatures, or at least their leader, seemed positively loquacious. "Your unexpected appearance startled them. And us. We do not know of creatures who think and live in the sea, beyond our allies the Pono al a Ono. But, if you mean no harm, then you are welcome."

"Tell me, what do you require to be comfortable?"

["Now that that is over with, I should inform you that our luggage will be arriving shortly as well as a gift from my father. He apologises that he is unable to attend due to his advanced years and wishes that I discuss affairs of state in his stead if at all possible."
    Andus replied, "Please extend our thanks for the gift back to your father. If there are affairs of state, I am more than pleased to discuss them with you. But certainly do not feel any obligation to work." Andus shot a quick glance over to his wife, "This is a time for rest and enjoyment, or so I am told."

He glanced at the departing girls, "I have just the place for you to stay. Its just off the main canal, so you can travel by boat easily. It has a nice airy tower, where most of the bedrooms will have cool breezes all day. A larger suite on the first floor is also available. It's door opens right next to the only stairs to the tower. That should provide you ample peace of mind at night." He tried to keep a straight face.

Meanwhile, over in the garden...
    Adrianna picked a flower and placed it in Ambryn's hair before the three of them continued down the path.
    Gilligan and his older brother Max were settling the children down at a couple of shaded tables to play Tiles or Marbles.
    "Don't look now, but those Ashenite girls are coming over?" Max whispered

"All of them?" Gilligan replied.

"Yup. Go get 'em tiger. They're too young for me."

Gilligan turned and tried to act casual as the girls walked into the garden. He thought it might look refined and manly if he reclined on one elbow against the table.

But it wasn't a table. It was the edge of a marbles board hanging off the table.

His weight flipped the board, sending marbles everywhere. He stumbled to one side, thumping into a planter and nearly toppling that over.

Spoiler: OOC for Murgen
    Show
    Just to clarify, it was Ambryn and Gilligan we were arranging a marriage between, correct?
    Also, do you want to trade technology while we're here? If so, I can give you Zeppelin or Oracle tech in exchange for lenses.
    Last edited by lt_murgen; 2014-09-15 at 09:23 AM.
    Keeper of the 49 Rules.

28. - Top - End - #28

A middle aged woman wearing a bright blue feathered hat (and little else, to Lois' eye) directed her to specific location on the Isle of Birds, another short voyage across the archipelao. The sea was much less disturbed as the catamaran crossed the sparkling blue shallows. It was even beautiful with the many shoals of coral and tropical fish.

The Isle of Birds was, as she recalled, controlled by the religious aspects of AQUA culture. It was a heavily forested island full of songbirds and seabirds. The Isle of Amber was a small port on the rocky shores, and it was a quick uphill walk to the home she sought.

It was a small sanctuary and lodge for the Children of Kina. It's interior court featured a large statue of the Goddess. People of many nationalities were present. All defined by the simple weighted scarf wound about one wrist. There, she found Linden Flint.

Linden was bedridden. His face was pale and he had sunken features. Still, he was awake and alert. He greeted her by name and title, and then spoke warmly, "My cousin in faith. How good it is to see you. I have long desired to meet such a devout Child."
    "As I've long desired to finally meet with you cousin in faith and elder of Kina," Loris replied, taking an open seat by Flint's bedside.

"I had hoped to speak with you about the Children," she began uncertainly, "Mother brought back much from her sojourn those years back and I've made it my duty to pour over the manuscript of the Call and spread its message far and wide but I cannot help but feel unannointed. Unworthy," she paused.

"I was never recognized by the Children," she held up her hands, her dress sliding away from her arms and revealing her barren wrists, "The reumel was never given to me and I have not made pilgrimage to the Islands or Tar until today. And even more I've preached and turned many in the north but I can't help but feel as though it hasn't been enough, that the power of the Goddess is still untested to the northern peoples, but though I hear her call, I feel it would be out of my place to bring her blessing in the state I feel to be in and in a place so far from the shores of Tar and the Cities."

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reggiejam View Post
    but though I hear her call, I feel it would be out of my place to bring her blessing in the state I feel to be in and in a place so far from the shores of Tar and the Cities."
    The old man sat up in bed and drank something that smelled of pine. His tone was harsh, but with an undertone of sympathy, “You seek validation? You seek to have your works praised and recognized? Here.” He unwound the ruemel about his wrist. It was faded and stained, its red and black checkered pattern barely visible in spots. He flipped it into her lap. “Take it and go, if that is what you is driving you. Foolish child. You hear the Mother’s words, but do not understand them.
    Last edited by lt_murgen; 2014-09-15 at 10:59 AM.
    Keeper of the 49 Rules.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Troll in the Playground

She looked pensive. "We have two working theories. First, it isn't someone from AQUA. The Skipper and his pet rat LaFitte offered the Bloomenwald as a prison to half a dozen leaders. Any one of them could be sending folks to investigate it. But if they are, those smugglers are good- we can't catch them."

Shale Vug added, "And why it would be turning up in the Triumvirate, we don't know."

Pei-Mei nodded, "Only small doses are showing up, and in widely varied communities. It is almost as if someone is testing to see what groups are affected by it. Which is our second thought. Someone is trying to turn it into a weapon."

"But that would take some serious money, and connections in both AQUA and in the areas it is turning up."

Again she nodded, "If you aren't bringing it in, and we aren't, then it has to be someone with enough pull to fool your people and the officials."

Show

Not entirely certain where I want to go with this yet. I like the idea of doing to some group what Britian did with opium imports to China, but I don't know if I can pull it of. I might use it for internal politics, maybe.
    Bil seemed to muse, growing quiet and contemplative.

"Dey ain't makin demselves known to my ships dat's for certain. Whoever dey is dey musta have some ships sail da Golden Sun often nough not to draw tention and know da waters well."

"Salterri don't trade much in drugs, the lizards don't have much of a navy since getting smashed a few years back, and the Cree are tame little puppies since joining Bordeux and even more now that Ashenia has them on the leash."

"Could be the 'tame' Cree are biting back," Bil reentered the conversation, "Or it could be a rogue from the Guilds or AQUA trying to make something on the sly. But if they're looking to turn it into a weapon they must have, or think they have, a buyer who would snatch it up. I doubt the Triad Council would deal in such things, but there's others who doubtless would," she didn't name names, figuring everyone here had their own ideas on which nation might want a chemical weapon.

"We need to crack down on it, if for no other reason than to find out who's running it under our noses without getting caught. I can talk with Vig and Irvest, see if I can get one of them to track down the stuff's origin."

"Ant I'll send my boys to track down any ships lookin like dey tryin to avoid much scrutiny."

"I don't know if there's much else we can do, but we will work together to stop this, being as dangerous as you say."

Show

I'm open to anything, just let me in and I'll drop any relevant hints. I'll also talk to Imp about maybe spending an action investigating it's origin in the Triumvirate.

Spoiler
    Show