New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Artifact Hunters

Valimar Kil'ana

Valimar pauses for an instant, his eyes narrowed at the failure of his magic to do any meaningful damage. Without taking his eyes off the scene in front of him, he begins to cast another spell - this one however, is aimed at his friend Raven...

Spoiler
    Show
    Casting Haste on Raven
    Damn I like my Ceikatar!

Spoiler
    Show

- I still worship you TSO

Spoiler
    Show

*wanders out whistling All Along the Watchtower cover*

Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!!

2. - Top - End - #62
    Sheriff in the Playground Administrator

Raven

Raven smiles as his sword bites dragonflesh, and he can feel the arcane energy pass down his arms, blade, and into the dragon. As he falls to the ground he feels bolstered by his heat resisting spell, and then, by another spell that makes him faster. Nice.

Prepared to make another mighty leap, Raven sees the dragon is close enough to strike. He brings his large blade around with surprising speed.

Spoiler
    Show

Full Attack (Hasted) w/Power Attack and Combat Brute

Attack - (1d20+13)[27]
    Damage - (2d6+35)[46]

Hasted Attack - (1d20+13)[16]
    Damage - (2d6+35)[42]

Attack - (1d20+8)[9]
    Damage - (2d6+35)[38]

AC: 18 (24 - Power Attack 7 penalty shifted to AC +1 dodge bonus from haste)

3. - Top - End - #63
    Troll in the Playground

Default Falling for Sonny: Rd 4

{OOC- Please post your bonus, and I am allowing you to make online rolls now}

Round 4:
    Arha's spectral attack misses! {2+8} She can still hold her vampiric touch spell for next round...

Sonny holds the mirror up with stronger intent, and more fey lights sparkle from the mirror toward the pink dragon-rider.The woman finally looks and stares at Sonny. She stops resisting and removes her draconic helmet, letting her red hair flow free. Her tanned face flushes red, as her green eyes shake with strange kindness. She looks with great confusion at Sonny. She no longer even sees the mirror, "Who are you?!?" She yells to the enlarged Sonny, she is quite surprised and not threatening him.

Redgar focuses his magic as he takes Sharon away from the scene of the combat. He puts a lot of healing into her bringing her up to full strength. They are about 15 feet away from the combat. The dragon is now looking at Raven in anger. {+31}

Some notice is taken of the drow, who casts the spell on Raven. "This one was there! I recognize that drow stench." {Haste on Raven.}

Anduran's next two shots can't seem to find the mark. {1+10 not fumble, 12+5}

Only one of Illanee's arrows hurt the dragon, causing it only a prick of pain.

Sharon is back up at full! {Retro action...} She is 15 feet from the dragon on the ground by Redgar.

Ramona's bow shot deflects off the dragon! {12+10, 7+5}

Only Raven's first attack cuts the scales of the dragon and it's howl can be heard a mile away. Its rage now focused fully on Raven.

Once again Tevrier's mighty scythe trip almost trips the huge dragon, but it seemed fully braced for the attack. {critical counter roll }

The dragon tears into Raven with its claws {-25 total!}, as this drops the duskblade it decides to snap its head with its long neck at Sonny and the weird magical mirror. The dragon only now realizes the effect the mirror has on the rider, for the only action that the dragon-lady does is save Sonny from certain death. She pulls the dragon's neck and Sonny can feel it would've bit his head off! {OOC- I rolled without her action... it would have!}
    The tail was reaching for Tevrier, but is distracted by the rider's interference, and almost slashes a gash in him.

"What are you doing?" The rider screams.

The dragon rears back and looks utterly confused and even more angry.

"Don't touch that one!"
    She points at Sonny.

"He was there!" The pink dragon sighes and rolls her eyes. "You foolish human girl! I'm getting you out of here! That big one has charmed you!"

"Silence!"

End Round 4--------------------------------------------------->
    Attacks can be made, but the pink dragon will try to get her rider away from here next round.

Initiatives:
    Arha 18+7 {d: -1}
    Sonny 18+7 11/38
    Redgar-NPC hurt bad
    Valimar 14+4
    Anduran 15+3 hp 4/49
    Illanee- NPC
    Sharon 12+3 full health
    Ramona 8+2
    Raven 5+4 hp -8 /42- down

Tevrier 1+2
    Pink Dragon/ Dragonrider Lady
    Last edited by BlueWizard; 2007-07-11 at 06:21 PM.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Barbarian in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Anduran

Anduran changes out his weapons going from ranged to mellee.

"you know it is customary when exacting revenge to identify yourself and the one being avenged. just because some one was somewhere where the death occured doesnt mean they actually caused the death, but if you dont stop ill be forced to continue to attack with my more pwerful attacks."
    This is my BRUTE'S MINICITY

5. - Top - End - #65
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Ramona

The big woman grunts as she draws back the sturdy bow. Seeing the squabble between dragon and rider, she switches targets, and tries to pierce the dragon's thick hide.

Last edited by Toliudar; 2007-07-11 at 11:36 PM.
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

6. - Top - End - #66
    Dwarf in the Playground

Tevrier

Tevrier hisses apprehensively as the dragon keeps its footing and mauls the large-but-vulnerable duskblade once again, nearly bowling him over as well. But he catches the conflict between his foes, and a feral grin creeps across his features. Taking one oversized stride forward, Tevrier stands eye-to-eye with the pink behomoth and fixes on it a wild glare. "Don't fly," he whispers menacingly in the dragon tongue, "Or she dies!"

Lashing out powerfully but precisely with his scythe, he hooks the wicked blade behind the dragon's steady knees and tries once more to bring it down. Once more Tevrier strikes, this time with an uncontrolled brutality that could topple a wild elephant - if it can make contact at all.

"Jump to him, lass!" he calls to the rider, trying to play on the discord Sonny's trick has sewn between the two pink partners. "I'll help you down!"

Spoiler
    Show
    First attack: Touch attack 1d20+13=29, Strength Check 1d20+15=28 to drop the dragon, if successful he follows with an attack versus prone 1d20+13=19, for 2d6+11=19 damage.

If his first attack fails to pull down the dragon, he will try again with his second attack. Touch attack 1d20+8=11, Strength check 1d20+15=35. A success allows him a free followup attack against the prone dragon: attack 1d20+8=21, damage 2d6+11=22. If the dragon was already downed by his first trip attempt, he instead performs the same trip attack against the rider, but does not take the followup attack against prone - he merely jerks her from her saddle, hoping his words will keep her from interpreting it as an attack.

Tevrier is poised to take an attack of opportunity against the dragon if it flees, since his reach is 10' with the size enhancement and he's standing next to it. If it tries to flee, he will try to make sure the dragon cannot take the rider with her. Touch attack 1d20+13=30, Strength check 1d20+15=17 to pull the rider from her mount. If the beast was tripped earlier and tries to stand, he takes the same attack of opportunity to try to trip the dragon up again. (It will almost certainly fail in this circumstance, of course.)

7. - Top - End - #67
    Troll in the Playground

Default Redgar's Death

Retro: Sharon's DM action. She will cast magic missile at the rider. Her spell will fizzle in the SR of the dragon.

Round 5:

With the pink dragon-rider distracted, she is still not defenseless. She just dodges the touch of Arha's spectral hand! {3+8}

Sonny, holding the mirror strong steps back a bit more so the dragon can't easily break it. Remember: It is a fragile artifact. The girl's glowing red eyes fade, and show the pink color they really are. The girl looks at Sonny, "Which one killed my father... Lord Devos!" She seems fierce as she holds her helmet in her hands. The dragon snarls and can't believe she is talking.

Redgar moves to Raven and heals him up again. "My friend stay back let me get you to full strength!" Redgar tries to hold Raven down wanting him to withdraw with him. Another powerful healing spell seems to have a lesser affect on Raven. {+21} He will say, "Take the potion from my pouch!" {It is a CCW}

Valimar aims his wand of missiles at the rider again, but again fails to get through her spell resistance.

Anduran sets himself for some melee action.

Illanee, the drow, takes two bad shots with her bow, one almost hitting Tevrier.

Sharon scores a hit this time with her missiles and pelts the rider with 4! {d:15} "Ooof!" She is pained, "You I will enjoy killing! Wicked criminal!"

Ramona's second shot hurts the dragon! {d:9} But, it still looks like a minor prick.

Raven will have to gather himself, and likely pick-up his weapon again. He should take the potion. {+22} He will look much better.

The pink dragon snarl and ignores Tevrier. The rider however, looks to Tevrier briefly, completely confused, "Who are you?" She quickly looks back to Sonny, clearly out of it. Tevrier then swings his mighty Scythe, and once again fails to topple the huge beast. It stands its ground strong. The second equally as unsuccessful.

The dragon jumps to leave, whacking the priest in the head with his tail on its exit. Redgar is decapitated! His head flies off and blood spatters over Raven and the body falls on him. The dragon is 120 feet up and heading out. Tevrier's AoO failed, Sonny held a mirror, and Raven was kind of interfered with by Redgar.

End Round 5---------------------------->
    {The dragon is retreating about 120 feet above you. Combat is still going on, and the priest Redgar has been decapitated.}

Initiatives:
    Arha 18+7 {d: -1}
    Sonny 18+7 11/38
    Redgar-NPC Slain by Pink dragon
    Valimar 14+4
    Anduran 15+3 hp 4/49
    Illanee- NPC
    Sharon 12+3 full health
    Ramona 8+2
    Raven 5+4 hp 35/42- back up
    Tevrier 1+2
    Pink Dragon/ Dragonrider Lady Fleeing 120 feet up

8. - Top - End - #68
    Troll in the Playground

Arha's spectral hand has a range of 160 ft so the dragon and rider are still within her range, she will keep on trying.
    Avi by Elder Tsofu
    Inner Circle

Quote Originally Posted by Vaynor View Post
    Well you cheat, obviously. You're a druid, you can just cast Control Weather and call it a day.
    Chainmaille, Chainmail or is it Chain Mail?

9. - Top - End - #69
    Dwarf in the Playground

Valimar Kil'ana

Valimar watches in helpless anger as the brave dwarf meets his end. Knowing his spells have proved useless so far against the Dragon, he holds his peace and does cast anything at rider or Dragon.

Spoiler
    Show
    If it lands again, Valimar will cast grease under its front legs to try and help. If not, the next time its getting fairly close, he'll attack with his hand crossbow at +5.
    Damn I like my Ceikatar!

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!!

10. - Top - End - #70

PirateCaptain

anduran

"concentrate on the dragon the lady was under a charm before it was some how broken. maybe the dragon also is under a charm but im not ruling out the dragon is the one doing the charming."

anduran continues to watch for the return of the dragon

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ogre in the Playground

Sharon sits up dazedly after being healed, not reacting before the dragon starts to fly away. "A pink dragon?" she murmurs, watching the beast fly away.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

12. - Top - End - #72

Raven

Returned yet again from darkness to light to see the face of Redgar, one of his brethren, Raven is horrified to see the man explode in a shower of gore before his very eyes.

The typically battle-calm Raven displays a rage even Illanee has never seen before. As his mouth twists into a fearsome grimace, his whole face seems to darken.

"I killed that weakling Devos! Beheaded him like the criminal he was!" he hollers, "And took the Hammer of Thor right from his unworthy hand!"

Thor, how he wished he had the Hammer now so that he could take the fight to them. Instead he blinks out of sight, and yells at the woman, "You're going to have to come down here and find me!"

With that he runs off at a ninety degree angle, gripping his sword and looking over his shoulder at the pink pair.

You hear me you pink witch, you're going to have to come down here.

Spoiler
    Show
    Activate Ring of Invisibility
    Move 60'
    Raven did kill Devos, so it's not a bluff or anything.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Troll in the Playground

Default Pink Dragon Escapes in the Fog!

OOC- Redgar and all the priests of Asgard were human in the cities of Zhe, except Lukan and the dwarven priests from the North.

OOC2- Almost all arrows fired this combat are lost in the fog.

Round 6:
    Arha's spectral hand finally grasps the woman on the dragon, unfortunately the mighty spell resistance of the dragon is too much for the vampiric touch and it fizzles!

Sonny begins to feel odd, as if the Mirror now controlled him. He holds the mirror strong and looks at the attractive retreating dragon-rider lady with red hair.

Valimar holds, getting his crossbow ready.

Anduran sees the dragon pulling farther and farther away into the air.

Illanee has no trouble at least winging the dragon with one arrow, the fog is making it difficult for you to see the dragon as it gets higher into the sky.

Sharon watches from her safe, sheltered position as the dragon jets off into the sky.

Ramona can try two more shots, but will fail, and nearly snaps her bow string as she tries to fire two mighty shots at the pink dragon as it flies away.

Raven gets the girl's undivided attention, her pink eyes flare red as she speaks to Raven. She even considers unfastening the dragon-saddle's buckle from her waist. "I am Providence....I will... I will kill you!" She is at first ferocious, looking carefully at Raven, then turns to Sonny again, "I am Providence...." her eyes stop glowing, she blushes again, with a supreme look of utter confusion and contempt.

The dragon snarls, "Yes, now lets start acting like it!"

By the time Tevrier pulls out his bow, the dragon will now be 200 feet up, as it jets out into the fog, and out of sight, not even the shadowy shape of it can be seen. The thunder of the waterfall is still heard.

End Combat------------------------------------------------->

Arha and Sharon will notice a difference in Sonny's appearance after the fight. He is visibly more attractive as if his whole demeanor took on the air of a big meaty rock star... who stood about 13 feet tall right now! {Chr +6 while he holds the mirror now. Moving him from the scary negatives!}
    Freya will be laughing at Sonny silently in the Mirror, and rolling with her fairies and butterflies in the forest glade.

{It is unlikely, that you can stop the escape of the dragon. It is still a retreat, which equals XP... and possibly a return encounter. I will take retro's if you can convince me. }

14. - Top - End - #74
    Troll in the Playground

Arha frowns at the retreating dragon and rider. She goes over to Sharon, "You feeling all right?"
    Avi by Elder Tsofu
    Inner Circle

Well you cheat, obviously. You're a druid, you can just cast Control Weather and call it a day.

15. - Top - End - #75

Raven

Raven is still overcome with anger, unwilling to simply allow the retreat of the pink terrors. The normally stoic Raven is nearly shaking with anger. As the dragon retreats, he points an accusing finger at them. "You will die for this! You will beg for your life like your father did!"

At that moment, an orb of red-hot rock fires out of his finger, crackling with red lines of arcane energy.

Spoiler
    Show

Cast Kelgore's Firebolt
    Deals 5d6 Ref. Save for 1/2
    Deals 1d6 even if it fails to overcome SR due to the impact of the rock.
    Caster Level Check to beat SR (1d20+7)[19]

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ogre in the Playground

Sharon looks at Arha, and climbs to her feet. "I think so yes. Just-- I don't recall ever hearing of such a thing as a pink dragon."
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

17. - Top - End - #77

PirateCaptain

Anduran

Anduran switches back to ranged fight mode as the dragon flees and surveys the condition of the party.

"rest well mighty preist may the vlakeries claim you this day. anyone notice the changes in her eyes when sonny pulled out the mirror and know what condition causes such a glow?"

18. - Top - End - #78
    Bugbear in the Playground

Sonny

Thanks for the visit, miss Providence, next time please leave your gay mount at home! It's breath stinks badly. I'll be waiting for you! - Sonny shouts after the pink duo.

He realizes he's still holding the mirror up, and he tries to lower it, if he can fight the power of the artifact.
    Troubles in Athkatla, an FR game about schemings around an ancient curse
    The messengers, a game about finding allies in times of need

Sorry about the lack of posting lately. I usually try to post once a day, but if it's server downtime, I'm in trouble.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Dwarf in the Playground

Valimar Kil'ana

Valimar stands as still as a statue as he watches the retreating dragon and its rider. right hand is gripping the handle of his cross bow so tightly you can see his veins pulsing under his skin. Finally he lets out a sigh and goes over to the fallen dwarfs head, and takes it back to his body. Falling to one knee, he surveys the ruin of their Dwarven companions body.

"I swear to you my friend, though it may take some time, one day they will pay for this."
    Damn I like my Ceikatar!

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #80
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Ramona

The big woman lumbers towards the rest of the group, including the now-very-big Tevrier. She raises an eyebrow, and can't help but smile, even in the midst of the devastation.

In the moment of loss by her new companions, she stays respectfully silent, nodding only to those who meet her gaze. She continues to scan the fog, uncertain of the dragon's true intent.

Spoiler
    Show
    Standing watch while the others deal with injuries etc.
    Last edited by Toliudar; 2007-07-13 at 10:23 AM.
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

21. - Top - End - #81
    Troll in the Playground

"No, and I never want to see another one. Pink is not a normal color for a dragon."
    Avi by Elder Tsofu
    Inner Circle

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ogre in the Playground

Sharon frowns, racking her brain to see if she can recall ever hearing of such a beast before.

(OOC. Knowledge: Arcana +7)

23. - Top - End - #83
    Troll in the Playground

Default The escaping Pink Dragon

OOC- See last post. Redgar and most of Agardian priests are human.

The Pink Dragon gets away!

Raven can hear the thud of the rock against the dragonscales, {d:2} but he can tell the full magical effect was ignored, as the beast speeds away, taking the rider with her.

Sharon ponders her arcane knowledge for a bit, there are rumors that normal dragons can be cross-bred to make other colors. This would likely be a combination of a red and white, though there have also been black with blue stripes and even an odd spotted one. The magical breeding of these dragons is a complex twist of magical Nature.

As to the glowing red eyes of the pink dragon-rider, Providence, devil's have been known to cause that, so demons as well, usually people possessed or in the power of great evil.

With other shouts going up, the dragon still disappears into the mist, also under the cover of the thunder of the nearby waterfall.

Ramona can't see much in the fog.

24. - Top - End - #84

Raven

Raven stares into the sky, at the spot where he last saw the dragon and rider, for several moments. Then he plants his blade in the ground angrily.

He stepped forward and pulled me back from the blackness. He gave his life to save me.

Returning to Redgar's remains, some of which are on or under him, Raven addresses the man reverentially.

"Is vengence the way of Thor? If so, I would swear it for you brother. But I have not progressed far enough in my studies to know. I had hoped to learn more from you along the way."

Raven collects up Redgar's possessions and places Redgar's holy symbol about his own neck. He would return what he could to Redgar's family or to their temple. That done, he produces a small spade from his pack and looks about for a suitable spot on the mountain to build a cairn. His face is wet.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Ogre in the Playground

Sharon, as she has so many times before, takes some of the flesh of the fallen comrade and wraps it up carefully, labeling the cloth with his name.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Troll in the Playground

Arha keeps watch while the others work. She recalls her spectral hand and ends the spell.
    Avi by Elder Tsofu
    Inner Circle

27. - Top - End - #87

Sonny

The enlagrement spell and the adrenaline rush gone, he begins to feel the damage the dragon's breath caused to him. His flesh burned badly, and didn't received any healings so far.

He reaches into his pockets, pulling out a wand of cure light wounds, And heals himself, and any other who might require.

Luckily this fine silk robe didn't burn. - he thinks, looking at his own burnt wounds and his companions who suffered from the dragon's breath.

She'll come back.

Sorry about the lack of posting lately. I usually try to post once a day, but if it's server downtime, I'm in trouble.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Ramona

Snorting at Arha's comment about pink dragons, Ramona shrugs and releases the tension on her bow.

Well, we seen white dragons breathe frost, an red dragons breathe fire. I figger a pink dragon what breathes steam seems about natural enough.

Nasty, though. Maybe we oughta get a move on soon, fore it gets that lady - Providence - straightened out. What'd you do ta her, anyway, Sonny?

29. - Top - End - #89

Sonny

I did nothing, really. Perhaps she reckognized me from somewhere. His father worked with my boss sometimes, and I was there when Raven boy decapitated the man. But I'm fairly sure that this mirror did that confusion to her. - he gestures towards the mirror in his hand. - It does funny things every now and then.

Steam dragon, you say? What could we use to defeat steam? These wounds ache badly, I'd rather not feel it again.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Dwarf in the Playground

Tevrier

Tevrier wrings his scythe in irritation and disgust at his failure to halt Providence's escape. You're not strong enough, little false-gnoll. Did you really think a potion would change that? Gathering up his fallen bolas and tucking away his weapons, the uninjured and oversized ranger continues to berate himself. Now there's needless killing again, because you're too weak and ineffectual to stop it. Scowling, Tevrier stalks back to the rest of the group. He blinks at the sight of Ramona, now teeny-looking from his unnatural height, and returns the smile out of reflex. Perhaps that failure wasn't too ruinous...

Tevrier shakes his head at the foolish optimism, eyeing the priest's mauled carcass as he shrinks down to his natural six feet. You've lost an ally already, for nothing. That is ruinous. Now don't waste the ones that remain.

Noting his allies' wounds and the new absence of a cleric for the strike force, Tevrier looks to Anduran and Sonny. "I can heal those steam wounds," he offers flatly, indicating the burns, "and any others you may've aquired. It'll ache rather badly and take several days, but it's more than your body can do on its own." The shorter ranger seems oblivious to the restorative powers of Sonny's wand.

Tevrier nods his agreement to Ramona. "The Blazmak temple waits for no one. And with proper support that rather... queer dragon could be back at full strength before the day is out. We can't be here." He frowns, detecting an oddity in the events. "How did she find us in this fog?"
    Last edited by Severedevil; 2007-07-17 at 06:06 PM. Reason: Correct "them" to "us".