New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 122728293031323334353637
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 1100
  1. - Top - End - #1081
    Troll in the Playground

Default Brother Daglar and company

OOC- Got busy with work, sorry. Its good for an actor though.

Late Evening:

The priest of Odin will arrive under the cover of night, and will be honored to meet with the halfling and the two original 'Artifact Hunters'.

This is your typical priest of Odin, he wears an eye-patch over his left eye, and is fully clad in heavy plate armor. Nothing quiet about him. His most impressive item is the fancy silver and gilded long spear, that he proudly uses as a walking stick. A fully bushy blonde beard, and flowing golden hair come from his helmet. He is not alone. "Welcome, Sister Olania, Tevrier, and Tulkin. I am honored to meet your acquaintance. I am Daglar. Appartently, you are to be my guides across the plains of western Zhe. Apparently, magical travel is dangerous in these parts. I have heard of the tales of this ranger of Zhe. I am honored to meet the master of this land. My friends are Albono and Herm."

He arrives with a skinny man in rags, with a messy brown beard {Albono}. The other is a mighty fighter in armor, blonde like Daglar, and looks like an even bigger version of Daglar {Herm}, his beard is even bigger, he wears no eye-patch.

"I am an expert on the certain lores, and I am at the fore-front of church studies in these areas of ancient artifacts. We seek a sceptre, of great power. We need to find it before evil forces do. And we must protect it."
    Last edited by BlueWizard; 2008-02-02 at 11:17 PM.

2. - Top - End - #1082
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Artifact Hunters

Tevrier

The wiry ranger smiles slightly when Tulkin arrives. So he leaves a willing mate to pursue our mission. Probably a poor choice.

Tevrier nods to the newest arrivals. "Well met, Daglar, Albono, and Herm. Your aid is extremely welcome." The ranger looks over his five comrades as they stand out against the darkness. "If you're ready, we'll depart."

3. - Top - End - #1083
    Barbarian in the Playground

Olania

"Yes, let's get on with our mission debrief."
    I'm not dead. I am also not a walrus.

4. - Top - End - #1084
    Orc in the Playground

Tulkin

Tulkin arrives shortly before the priest and his companions. He is straightening his equipment as he enters the room.

Once the introductions are made, "Glad to have you aboard. Let's get starting getting our world back."
    NOTE

"Veni, Vidi, Velcro!"
    I came, I saw, I stuck around!
    Quote Originally Posted by Apologizes to Lochar
    I live in the real life Ravenloft!
    Gamiel, Reynoldo Estebar, Boar, Gliff Addel

5. - Top - End - #1085
    Troll in the Playground

Default Followed by a Gnoll

Travel through the Western plains of Zhe is so common to Tevrier, that he is surprised to notice so many changes to the land. Many areas of trees have been cut for military purposes, especially along the main trails... that Tevrier mostly avoids.

His path is safe, and well-watered, but things have changed here. Less animals and even horsemen were seen. The path to sea would not be a long one, but the party would be in danger at all times. The empress' forces could not be trusted, but neither could the king's. This land was not safe for anyone who openly befriended the elves and good temples.

Daglar, the priest of Odin, wears a large dark ragged cloak at all times in his travels. Even wearing a hood to hide his face, apparently, because in some circles he is recognizable. He recommends the same disguise for Olania.

Daglar will send big oafy Herm, to the front {behind Tevrier} to be your brawn. Big Herm is happy to follow orders. The druid, Albono, will follow in the rear of the group.

One person you weren't expecting to come is a certain gnoll that Tevrier noticed from the first two miles out. His old buddy Gu-Gaah was trailing him, but not sneakily at all. The gnoll followed as if he wanted to come along. He won't run if approached, and is willing to talk with anyone.

6. - Top - End - #1086

Olania

Olania agrees to cloak herself, her green cloak that she wore when she joined the group. She is quiet and contemplative during their travels.

7. - Top - End - #1087
    Orc in the Playground

Tulkin

Tulkin rides along atop Pup. He drew a bow from his quiver, though none saw one within it. He carries it in one hand and uses the other to guide Pup. After a few hours of travel he rides up to Tevrier, "Would you like Pup and I to ride ahead? I am no match for you in skill, but I am no slob myself."
    NOTE

"Veni, Vidi, Velcro!"

8. - Top - End - #1088
    Troll in the Playground

Default Gu-Gaah

The halfling's instincts are good about the land, but still Tevrier knew best when to avoid certain imperial patrol-roads through the land. He knew it as a map in his head.

Assuming Tevrier has no problem with it, Gu-Gaah, the trailing gnoll will join the group. He was sent by his tribe as a gnollish representative along this important mission for the alliance. The gnoll chief, will say that he feels his people have been left out of this operation. Gu-Gaah is a scrappy skinny gnoll, though he is quick and agile. Tevrier knows him to be good with a bow, and can hide well. This was what was so strange, Gu-gaah made it obvious. He wanted to be found.

Gu-gaah will look to Tevrier as leader of the group.

9. - Top - End - #1089
    Dwarf in the Playground

Tevrier

The ruthless desolation of the land around leaves Tevrier feeling ill, and he will not hunt for food until they reach a less damaged part of Zhe. He looks to Gu-Gaah with a slight grin, glad for a distraction from the destruction all around. Waving the dexterous gnoll over, Tevrier introduces him to Olania. "Priestess, have you met this warrior?" He gestures to their gnoll companion. "This is Gu-Gaah, a brave childhood friend. Gu-Gaah, this is Olania, respected priestess of Aphrodite." The ranger's left forefinger twitches almost imperceptibly as he considers the meaning of her god. "She helped us out of dire straits in the Void temple."

Tevrier frowns at the landscape ahead as he considers the halfling's suggestion. "Very well," he nods, "if you can scout without risk of detection. I know this land, but the inhabitants and the patrols may've moved." Tevrier will make sure Tulkin knows what roads to avoid and how to meet up with the party again.

10. - Top - End - #1090
    Troll in the Playground

Default Kyung

Travel through western Zhe is depressing as the group nears the coastal area. One swath of destruction through a village looks as if something large battered and smashed the place up. Weeping and wailing can be heard all throughout it, and a graveyard with dozens of fresh grave sites can be seen.

No animals can be seen, except a few stray dogs. All the stables are busted and empty, and except for muffled moans from inside homes. You will see no-one in this ghost town. It is clear most of these inhabitants are gone.

Tevrier knows this to be an old Zhean village of Kyung. A farming village, mostly grain framers, but they had a few cattle herds here in the past, no cows can be seen now.

11. - Top - End - #1091

Olania

"We must help them."

Olania moves to the first house with noise from inside to peer in a window or try a door.

Spoiler
    Show

Totally missed the part where we were in a town. Seem to have fewer posts without the evil ones. Are we getting more people, or sticking with three?

12. - Top - End - #1092
    Troll in the Playground

Default Dead Village

{OOC- Not in a town, just passing a village.}

Olania will notice the moaning and crying silence when the group enters the inhabited area. Most of the voices are crying children.

13. - Top - End - #1093
    Dwarf in the Playground

Tevrier

Tevrier's face grows tight as he examines the wreckage, looking for clues regarding the town's attacker. Though the ranger has no love for farming villages, wanton destruction offends his sensibilities. His eyes and fingers trace over the battered wood, seeking the marks of claws or fists or weapons.

He nods to Olania, and moves to support her. If any baleful creatures remain, the priestess may need support. If not, Tevrier can aid her with the wounded.

Spoiler
    Show
    Survival +13 to identify the invaders, Heal +13.

14. - Top - End - #1094
    Troll in the Playground

Default Hill Giants

In the first home Tevrier comes to they will find 2 children hiding behind a bed in one of the rooms. They are of mixed human descent, and are quite filthy. A boy and a girl.

Tevrier and Tulkin will now begin to notice the large footprints in the ground.

'Giants!'

Tevrier will know about the Hill Giants up toward the Central Zhe Mountains. They keep to themselves, and until recently had been hunting large game animals for food. There appears to be no giants anywhere, and once these two children see your group they will be greatly relieved, and actually break-out into more uncontrollable crying.

15. - Top - End - #1095
    Orc in the Playground

Tulkin

As Tevrier and Olania tend to the wounded, Tulkin guides Pup around the villiage checking for more clues as well as patrolling a defensive perimeter. He keeps a arrow knocked as his eyes scan the horizon.
    NOTE

"Veni, Vidi, Velcro!"

16. - Top - End - #1096
    Troll in the Playground

The area is safe.

{OOC- I am not sure that this thread is going to make it. If you are still interested in pursuing your PC. Post on the IC, what your PCs plans from here will be. I will then work to get the PC to another game on the site. I will wait a bit, and I know it is partially my fault, but I will retire the PCs peacefully, and successful in some way. Thanks for playing.}

Kyroswolf: This idea includes you rejoining your old play-mates.

Severedevil: And I'd link Tevrier with Ramose directly.

17. - Top - End - #1097
    Troll in the Playground

Copied from OOC:

Currently the Kingslayers are on a spaceship, fighting illithids. Olania could be a mind-controlled slave that is rescued. Perhaps she is kidnapped after her reunion with the priestess, and as she is returning to the North. Kingslayers are based in the Northern Kingdom, so this will also put Olania much closer to her home base.

OOC- Still waiting for response from Severedevil. For now Tevrier will retire to the plains with Ramona to help defend these lands from evil... unless he wants to meet with some Mariners on a most dangerous mission...

I think Kyroswolf is ready to raise his first PC from the dead. The evil gnoll was fun.

18. - Top - End - #1098
    Troll in the Playground

Olania will retire to her main temple until a future time dictates otherwise.

19. - Top - End - #1099

Okay. I love the character, but I haven't pressed it because life got hectic for a while and I wasn't posting often enough for my other games. Olania is ready when you have a game that she'll fit. I can even adjust her level if it fits the game better.

20. - Top - End - #1100
    Troll in the Playground

Olania will be transferred to Kingslayers/Orcslayers thread.

For the meantime, she is in the Northern Kingdom with her priestly elders.

She will soon be transferred to the community of Sunhaven as representative of Aphrodite and emissary of the good gods of Olympus.

This will be where Olania meets the PCs. Some time will pass while with the priestly elders.