New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 53 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232439 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Shadows of the Past IC 3

Lúthon slides five feet, then reaches out to Reintse and Alex and attempts to transport them to the east.

Spoiler
    Show
    Bishop to G8, Casting DD, going 700 feet east.
    Concentration: (1d20+15)[34] vs DC 19
    "By the way, do you know the best thing about magic? ... Everything." - Sarda, 8 Bit Theater

Thanks to Madcrafter for the avatar!

2. - Top - End - #392
    Titan in the Playground

@Luthon: You slide quickly through the forest floor and avoid Kazym's minions as they each try to get a hold of you.

Placing your hand on Reintse and Alex's shoulder, you recall what Meic said.

700ft east of here

It will have to do.

You focus your energies as the three of you disappear in a flash of light.

At the very last moment, as your body discorporates, you turn to see that many belongings have been left behind.

Perhaps they can be secured later.

@Luthon, Reintse & Alex: You appear a top a branch, ten feet above the ground.

The trees here are, as always, tall and foreboding. The growls from other mummies can be heard, but at a distance.

You all notice a thick strand of webbing between the the branch and the forest floor, as well as a myriad of tiny silk strands brushing against your face.

@Violet: With three flashes, everyone is gone. Even Irraly.

The mummies begin to heal their wounds, those that were actually hurt and begin picking up the forgotten loot from the camp.

3. - Top - End - #393
    Troll in the Playground

Aradia looks around, registering the sudden location change. "Nice save there Archaidous. What about the others? Luthon was going to grab some of them, but I saw Violet turn invisible. We can't just leave her there, certainly"
    She takes a quick look around to make sure nothing is hostile nearby, and judging how far off the mummies are, as well as checking over her things to see what she left at camp.

Spoiler
    Show

Spot (1d20)[12] and Listen (1d20)[15] to check for enemies.

Then switching to Vigor aura if anyone is below 1/2 health. Once everyone's at 1/2 health or above, back to Senses aura.

4. - Top - End - #394
    Firbolg in the Playground

Archadious breathes deeply for a moment, sighing after their narrow escape. At Aradias thanks, he turns towards her.

"Well, that was a horrible evening. I'm pretty sure Luthon got the others out, but I bet they are just as lost as we are. I think our first priority should be to try to find the others. If we put up some sort of signal, maybe we might be able to attract their attention here.
    And no, I'm not injured, thanks."

He says, looking at the webs around him and trying to collect his bearings.

"Should we risk calling?"
    "Now you'll see some real magic!"

Raikou Stormborn Thunder Incarnate and his elemental familiar Cyrus

5. - Top - End - #395
    Colossus in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Violet, flying high above the mummies, makes a decision: the others losing their equipment would be an issue. Therefore, she should try and retrieve it.

Using her brilliant magic, she tries to cast a spell, creating the sound of a phantom wave heading towards the mummies, from the east, interrupting their looting to the best of her ability.

Ghost Sound cast.
    Spoiler: Current Character List:
    Show

John Smith, Playing in the Dollhouse
    Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    Grok Magmaforge, Iron Crisis
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss
    Ileana, Godlings

6. - Top - End - #396
    Bugbear in the Playground

As Irraly feels her body being pulled into the spell she tries to reach out to Violet. She could not leave her alone. VIOLET!!! She screamed as the magic took its hold and brought her to some unknown area. Looking to Archadious the drow turns her angry glare on him. And what about violet, she will be there all alone if the others leave. And how do you even expect to find anyone? She was our guide, I was never allowed this deep into the woods. Irraly says looking at all the webbing. Spiders, and big ones. She says now worried about Lolth finally getting her revenge on her for betraying her and leaving the underdark. And working with her surface cousins no less.

7. - Top - End - #397
    Titan in the Playground

As Luthon grabs ahold of Alex he turns as if to say no, their belongings, but just like that they were gone. Lost nowhere near anything they knew, and their guide gone. So Kara leaves, we don't get any sleep, all of my personal belongings are gone. My only reminder of her being in my armor. Why didn't anyone listen. Alex says the demon clearly winning on this battle.

8. - Top - End - #398

Archadious winces at Irralys criticism, realizing only too well how much he deserves it.

"I'm sorry, but I couldn't see her. We were under attack, unprepared, and outmatched. We had to get out of there and I panicked. But if anyone can survive on her ow. It would be Violet. I didn't see her so she was probably invisible.
    We are less than 1000 feet apart, we should be able to find each other...
    Our priority now needs to be to find the others. Should we try using ghost sounds?"

9. - Top - End - #399

As Archadious winces and appoligives for his actions Irraly nods. She is not happy one bit, it was like being in the underdark once more, but instead of with those who knew its dangers she was with younglings that had just gotten out of the academy instead and wanted to prove themselves. In my custom leaving someone behind is looked at as you want them eliminated, thankfully you are not my kind and are a surface elf or things would be different and my blade would be in your heart as we speak. Irraly sighs before looking at Aradia and Archadious. I would say simply walk west. We came east to get in these spider webs, so now we need to go east. Do not touch a single web, we have no idea where the spiders are and I rather not find out if they are poisonous or not. And by how many webs there are, and how thick, I especially do not want to be food.

10. - Top - End - #400
    Titan in the Playground

"But my-" Reintse says as Luthon reaches down, "armor." He finishes in a completely different location. If only they told him, he could have just reached out, grabbed it, instead of standing up... He always used his shield as a hard pillow, it was better than the small sticks and rocks sticking in and he was already used to it, but...

"It... My dad got it for me... I was supposed to take care of it..." Reintse says, clearly upset. He sniffs, and wipes his eyes. Sleepy, hurt, dried, sad. "Where are the others?"
    A wise monk trains both mind and body, but a smart monk is actually a swordsage.

11. - Top - End - #401
    Ogre in the Playground

"The others are somewhere else... Apparently they teleported slightly northwards or southwards of us, I would guess... I do apologize for removing you both from your gear..." Lúthon sulks for a moment, realizing his haversack is gone as well. The elf then snaps his fingers. "But I do think I have the beginnings of a plan for getting some of it back... We'll find your armor. Both of you. And your bag of holding, and my haversack. Those were nice suits of armor, and our bags had valuable items in them. I possess a spell that allows me to locate any one object, thanks to my devotion to the Dweller on the Horizon. I can cast it to find something. Alternately, I could use a similar spell to find one of our teammates and we can work from there. Thanks to another spell, we would be invisible, and I believe Alex can fly and carry us both?"
    "By the way, do you know the best thing about magic? ... Everything." - Sarda, 8 Bit Theater

12. - Top - End - #402
    Troll in the Playground

Am I allowed to hate the forest now, Irraly? Aradia thinks to herself. Stupid mummies. And giants. And now I'm about to add spiders to that list. Why couldn't we have gone adventuring in a nice cozy cave? Something with walls? A ceiling, perhaps? All this openness is... terrifying.
    Aradia looks around with visible worry, seeing no clear path through the mess of trees and webs. In draconic, since now everyone around can understand it, she whispers. "Right... I'm fine with any plan that involves finding the others and getting away from here. Lead on Irraly, you seem to have a plan."
    The shaman shivers a bit, but whether from the location or the cold is hard to tell.

13. - Top - End - #403
    Titan in the Playground

"But... It's not fair..." Reintse says as he looks around. "You heard me, Balion! I know you listen! You agree to a challenge and then you count on your vile friends to weaken us before we get to you?! Are you that scared to face us at our full strength?"
    A wise monk trains both mind and body, but a smart monk is actually a swordsage.

14. - Top - End - #404

Following Aradias lead, Archadious also decides to speak in Draconic. He voices his disagreement to Irralys plan of returning in the direction of the mummies.

"I don't think heading back that way is a good idea. I really don't want to deal with those mummies so soon again. Luthon Alex and Reintse are someplace else, and violet is probably tailing the mummies My guess is that Luthon probably already has a plan to get the stuff back.
    Thus I think we ought to find Meic thereby making it easier for them to find us if they can get our stuff back."

15. - Top - End - #405
    Ettin in the Playground

Meic looks around and takes a quick inventory of his belongings, then, noticing the spiderwebs, sits very still. Well, at least it's not mummies... now, where is the rest of the group?

Spoiler
    Show
    Seriously, though, what stuff of mine did I leave behind?

Spot: (1d20+2)[19]
    Listen: (1d20+2)[12]
    A few odds and ends.

16. - Top - End - #406
    Titan in the Playground

Looking to the boy Alex nods his head in understanding. Everything I ever was given or cared for was left behind too. We will get it back now wont we Luthon. Alex says glaring at him clearly cold without his nice warm winter blanket and Karas body heat.

I can indeed fly, that would be what the wings are for. As for carrying you, without my armor or clothing for that matter it seems really odd and inappropriate especially with one so young. No offense mind you. Alex says turning towards Reintse. If there is a way to make this a bit less awkward it would be great, especially saying I asked someone to pick up our stuff and I could have carried you all and our stuff into the air with ease and we would not be talking about trying to find our way back from where we were.

17. - Top - End - #407

So you think a wizard without his spellbook is a good idea Mr. Archadious? Or do you speak undercommon in which I could allow you to see mine to be halfway useful until we get your stuff back? Irraly says to the male before looking to Aradia who seems to be shivering. Come here Aradia, my cloak should be able to provide you with some warmth. The winters are cold here, but that does not mean Autumn does not have her own bite. Irraly says wrapping Adadia in her cloak if she came before looking to Archadious, I will be your eyes until the sun comes out, when that happens I need to rest. With Luck we will be out of here, so just try heading west and keep the sun out of our faces. She says letting him lead the way.

18. - Top - End - #408
    Troll in the Playground

"It's fine, this just happens. I've been in the Crystalmist mountains and the desert sands: everything's equally cold when this chill comes around." Regardless, Aradia pulls the cloak tight around her. She shivers just as much but seems happier for the coat, her worried expression softening a bit. "Thank you."
    Last edited by Business Scrub; 2013-08-15 at 12:08 AM.

19. - Top - End - #409
    Ogre in the Playground

Lúthon removes his cloak and passes it to Alex. "If you wish, you may conceal yourself with this, though I would like it back at the first sign of trouble. Whenever you are ready, I shall begin casting. Allow me to make us invisible before taking off, then, once we are airborne, I shall find the object of your choice. Hopefully our inventories are located near each other. I recommend selecting one of our extradimentional bags."

Spoiler
    Show
    When Alex and Reintse are ready, casting Invisibility Sphere. Once we're airborne, casting Locate Object on whatever item Alex specifies.

20. - Top - End - #410
    Titan in the Playground

Alex nods happily accepting the cloak to cover himself up with, after all these were not females which he would not mind about. Well lets go, by the way can't see anyone when you go invisible so don't let go. Alex says.

Spoiler
    Show
    Pierce illusions has been ruled not to work on invisibility from our last game so I am assuming same rule applies.

21. - Top - End - #411

As Aradia explains that it is not something that can really be helped Irraly nods her head. I have never been to this Crystal mist mountain. Is it far? And this desert you speak of, I take it that is where the orge comes from. She says as a quick shiver runs down her spine as Aradia joins her inside her cloak. Wrapping an arm around Aradias waste she whispers back into her ear. Your welcome, now how to torture you? she says with a sheepish grin smacking at Aradias rear end, hoping it was not her armor on again.

22. - Top - End - #412
    Ogre in the Playground

"With this spell, we should all be able to see each other, but no one should see us. Now...where is Alex's Bag of Holding?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Assuming Lúthon is familiar with said item to find it with Locate Object, if not I'll target Lúthon's Handy Haversack.

23. - Top - End - #413
    Titan in the Playground

@Meic: You sit still as the silver light from the moon outlines some of the delicate cobwebs as you try and look or listen for anything around these dark, forebodung woods.

Although the growls can be heard far, far away, you sense something is around.

Then, a song, from the treetops, enchanting and haunting at the same time.

You dart your eyes around.

Shapes. In darkness. Against the moonlight.

Quick, silent. Legs.

The trees seem to grow taller and taller as the few rays from the moon no longer seep through the canopy.

As the voice continues from above the trees, hidden, your body shivers.

It is clear you are not alone here...and you can only hope you will not have to fight. At all.

@Alex, Luthon, and Reintse: You hear some sort of chant, about 200ft away, deeper into the cobwebbed portion of the forest.

@Reintse: You call ourt to Balion, calling him a coward.

The wind blows a few words as the music keeps playing off in the distance.

Prove your might, Traitor Kin....

@Irraly, Aradia & Meic: You are discussing how to find your missing companions.

That's when that song beckons from deeper in these webbed woods.

The song seems to come from a shorter distance. About 60 ft away, but no path is detailed.

You would have to find a way around, or through it.

@Violet: From the tree top, you watch the mummies begin to carry everything they can.

One puts on Luthon's Haversack.

Another dumps Alex's armor in the bag.

Another carries Reintse's armor with him.

You then call forth the sound of a surging wave. One to wash the entire forest.

The mummies growl and begin running away from the sound, items in hand.
    Last edited by AlanBruce; 2013-08-15 at 02:30 AM.

24. - Top - End - #414
    Titan in the Playground

As Alex hears the music he turns to the others. It seems someone is in trouble. Think it could be this Enoka, and if so we may have found our companions. LEt us see where this song brings us. Alex says grabbing onto each and taking off into the sky.

Spoiler
    Show
    Full round action flying.

25. - Top - End - #415
    Ogre in the Playground

"This spell has a limited duration and range. If you want to retrieve our items then I suggest we do so now."

Spoiler
    Show
    Lúthon will cast Fly if Alex goes after the noise.
    Last edited by sparky9042; 2013-08-15 at 02:43 AM.

26. - Top - End - #416

At Irralys offer to share her spell book Archadious smiles and sadly shakes his head.

"Thank you very much for the offer Irraly, but sadly I cannot understand Undercommon. It is not one of the many languages I am familiar with. Besides, I still have several useful spells left."

As they speak, he hears the haunting echoes coming from deeper in the cobwebs. He listens carefully before turning to the other two.

"I think we ought to head for the source of the noise. I know it may seem like a dumb idea, but I think whatever is making that noise is close to one of our companions. And the group that isn't near it will most likely also head towards it.
    Should we need to escape, I possess a remaining fly spell, I believe you are strong enough to carry both of us while flying, thus if we need to escape I will cast the spell on you and ask you to carry the two of us to safety."

He looks to the others for agreement or disagreement. Should they agree, he begins to cautiously walk forward towards the noise. Taking care not to step on any webs.

27. - Top - End - #417
    Titan in the Playground

Alex nods in understanding, I can't leave whoever it is to the fate of that music so go on without me. I will find a way to catch up. Alex says flying off Alone towards the music.

28. - Top - End - #418
    Ogre in the Playground

"You will have to take Reintse, as I cannot lift him and remain airborne. Also, may I have my cloak back? I will cast some illusory clothes upon you..."

29. - Top - End - #419
    Titan in the Playground

No time for magic Alex says throwing the cloak to him and taking the boy, the alternative would be live him in the woods alone and he could not have that either.

30. - Top - End - #420
    Ogre in the Playground

Lúthon fastens his cloak, focuses on the direction of the bag of holding, and flies towards it.