New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 53 of 53 FirstFirst ... 3284344454647484950515253
Results 1,561 to 1,587 of 1587
  1. - Top - End - #1561
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Shadows of the Past IC 3

@Luthon:

No time for fancy magical tricks. One one matters- and that's the wand. Aradia must be saved, no matter what.

You cannot see Alex and Irraly, but the splatters of grease nearby indicate they may not be having the best of times on that puddle.

The giant watches you run past him and swing his great club, bashing the skull of a phantom Luthon as you reach Aradia.

Wafting the scent of raspberries around her with an almost empty wand, you watch the magic take its effect.

The Shaman, badly burned and with an arrow sticking to her neck, blinks lazily as she looks up at you.

"No fair! Pwned is pwned! I can't show my love live doodz, now can I?"

Belladonna is in a fit of rage as her tiny aura crackles with purple energy.

@Archaidous: The female orc in the back closes one eye to get a better aim at you and shoots yet another arrow at you.

However, not willing to be another victim to the archer, who has claimed already a few lives, you displace Space and Time once more and move out of the arrow's trajectory by moving the world of Oerth by ten feet exactly.

Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative:

Belladonna

Luthon

Uggrah, orc with bow

Archaidous

Aradia

Kabur giant with great club

Irraly

Alex
    Last edited by AlanBruce; 2013-09-13 at 06:25 PM.

2. - Top - End - #1562
    Troll in the Playground

Aradia takes a deep breath as her soul is slammed rudely back into her body. Not dead yet...

She looks around, wild-eyed, at the lumbering giant looming over her and instinct kicks in. Trusting the mages to have some sort of plan, she lays on her back and breaths a swirling cloud of ice and snow at the giant.

Spoiler
    Show

Vigor Aura back up ladies and gents. (FH 2)

Breath attack: (5d6)[22]

Cooldown (1d4)[2]

3. - Top - End - #1563
    Titan in the Playground

@Archaidous: You walk up to the patch of grease where you suspect Alex and Irraly may be. The blood slashes, the footprints on the charred soil.

It has to be them...but how to tell one from the other?

Through a simple metaphorical coin toss, you place your hand nervously towards the giant and feel a metallic back.

It has to be Alex.

You quickly concentrate on shifting Time and Space as the sound of cards shuffling echoes around the blasted clearing and the many dead.

@Irraly: You find the giant vanish before your eyes and you appear elsewhere. Still in battle, but no longer facing the beast.

You cannot see Alex but you can see the few that stad and the many that lie strewn about.

Now, who to target.

@Aradia:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I really hope you used that BW after Archadious moved Irraly and Alex, otherwise, they get to save as well.

The cold air and ice shards create minute cuts on the giant's tough skin.

"Boss! These guys won't go down!" The giant seems like whiny toddler as he shrugs the ice off his chest and greasy hair.

"Walk it off, Kabur! Look at them! Well not the ones invisible, but the others. It's just one more boom away..."
    Last edited by AlanBruce; 2013-09-13 at 08:29 PM.

4. - Top - End - #1564
    Firbolg in the Playground

Archadious appraises the situation around him from his aerial view. He decides to use one of his most powerful spells, the one he commonly uses to shuffle his allies around the battlefield.
    As he considers possible positions, he realizes he is going to have to make physical contact with to two paladins in order to move them. He flies down, just out of reach of the giants massive club, and gropes around for Irraly and Alex. He feels some long flowing hair and grabs on, knowing this to be Irraly.

Then, he begins to cast his spell, and faintly, he can hear the shuffling of cards as his allies suddenly disappear, and reappear a distance away. Or in the case of Irraly, not reappear.

Spoiler
    Show
    Moving:

Irraly: 30 feet from the giant, so she can charge him on the next round, so... B1
    Aradia: next to the orc with the bow
    Luthon: 30 feet back towards his original spot
    Myself: in the air, and 30 feet away from the giant and preferribly away from anyone else, so... M9

As everyone reappears, Archadious calls out to the giant.

"Have fun attempting to hit us "doodz" now! You'll never figure out where I teleported him too."
    He says, hoping to convince the dumb brute that he had moved Alex along with everyone else.
    Last edited by Niwrad; 2013-09-13 at 08:44 PM.
    "Now you'll see some real magic!"

Raikou Stormborn Thunder Incarnate and his elemental familiar Cyrus

5. - Top - End - #1565
    Titan in the Playground

@Archaidous: Once again shifting time and space itself to great benefit, you move everyone, except Alex to a more advantageous position.

You then cal out to the brutish giant, airborne and well protected.

"Nice trick! But how many more can you pull off, huh?"

Belladonna's hands begins to crackle with electricity.

@Aradia:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Please specify who the BW goes to now

@Luthon: The giant looks at you and roars as he charges towards you, club held high.

Spoiler
    Show

Alex can make an AoO, with prone penalties, as appropriate

The giant leaps into the air and lands right next to you, leaving a crater with a disfigured phantasm that quickly dissipates.

A close call indeed.

6. - Top - End - #1566
    Troll in the Playground

Nervously, Aradia opens her eyes, expecting to get smashed in the face by a giant's club. Curiously, however, the orc stands above her, his bow at the ready. Well isn't this a turn of events...
    Mace in hand, she scrambles to her feet, prepared to kill the orc that killed her.

7. - Top - End - #1567
    Titan in the Playground

@Aradia: Uggrah the archer had prided herself amongst Belladonna's crew to never be hit, and always hot from afar.

Now, as the white haired demon stands up right next to her, the orc archer's eyes widen with fear.

What to do?

8. - Top - End - #1568
    Titan in the Playground

@Aradia: You bow a gout of frozen air and ice shards at the orc archer and this one solidifies in a thin casing of ice.

Seconds later, the casing breaks as the orc, paler than usual shudders as she holds on to her bow.

"Stand back! I mean it!"

9. - Top - End - #1569
    Troll in the Playground

Aradia stares him down. She had busted out of death's doors once today and had no intention of going back. "Drop the bow orc! Drop the bow or die."

10. - Top - End - #1570
    Titan in the Playground

As Alex sees his enemy trying to target his more fragil friends he grits his teeth feeling a pain inside his head as a voice screams to be let out. Where do you think your going? Alex says trying to slash threw the giants muscles.

Spoiler
    Show
    AoO -4 to attack for prone (1d20+23)[34] Damage (3d6+20)[28] +(2d6)[9] Holy + find the gap applied to attack

11. - Top - End - #1571
    Bugbear in the Playground

Irraly cursed as she saw the line of blood on the giants leg and how it had not slowed the beast down. It was a mighty foe for sure, a good thing such creatures were not known to be in the underdark or her people would be truly frighting.

With the thoughts of her friends lives, and her dead companion for over 74 years. Yes this monster would pay as she charged in, attacking with all her heart and soul into this one strike. She had to bring it down, for the others. If not the fey woods would be lost, her home. Violet's home.

Spoiler
    Show
    Charge attack using shock trooper.

(1d20+19)[24] Damage (1d10+23)[27] + (1d6)[2] Sonic Damage

12. - Top - End - #1572
    Titan in the Playground

@Alex: The giant turns around confused, surprised that someone was able to cut his ankle. He was sure nobody was left in that greasy puddle.

As the barbarian behemoth strikes down one of Luthon's copies, Irraly dances her way, like dervish of the Underdark and neatly slices the beast in the face.

Yet this does not bring the monster down.

Round 5

Belladonna flies like a purple comet way above the group and laces herself in a position to see Kabur and Luthon's duplicates.

"K-baby. Don't hate me, ok? I need to show my love that I have the might. And thus, make all things right.!

The giant looks up at Belladonna.

"Boss...what?"

The mad Petal spins around as ice shards form around her and she starts laughing.

@Luthon & Irraly: a cylinder of utter frost manifests around you two and the giant as heavy chunks of ice fall on on top of you.

Spoiler
    Show

Ice Storm 12 bludgeoning damage + 15 cold damage, no save

@Irraly: The cold can be felt, but the spell seems to not have affected you.

13. - Top - End - #1573
    Titan in the Playground

@Aradia: Uggrah the archer, who had taken down so many of your allies, including your own life, who had prided to be Belladonna's finest, shudders as you walk up to her, mist cold breath wisping from the sides of your mouth and nostrils.

"Sorry, Bella! I...I have...somewhere to be?"

The orc drops the bow and runs as far away from you as possible.

Spoiler
    Show
    Withdraw

Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative:

Belladonna

Luthon

Archaidous

Aradia

Kabur giant with great club

Irraly

Alex

"Uggrah! Uggrah come back. Dammit! My crew is almost gone. Kabur, can you still stand?"

The giant sneezes and holds his great club firmly.

"Yeah boss...but I'm hungry.!

"Yeah, yeah... you can have the one girl with white hair over there,"

14. - Top - End - #1574
    Troll in the Playground

Aradia bangs her weapon against her shield, hoping to draw the giants attention away from Irraly and Alex. "Oh yeah? You want me? Come and get me!"

Spoiler
    Show

No actual actions, since it's not my turn, but I'm hoping to draw the giant to come get me, provoking AoO's from Irraly and Alex, which would (hopefully) kill it.

15. - Top - End - #1575
    Titan in the Playground

@Aradia: Kabur turns around as a big icicle of snot hangs from his nose.

"Oh yeah...she'll make some god stew, alright!"

Belladonna looks at her from the other side of the very blasted glade.

"I guess. Have fun with her. Be aware there's probably two fools in hiding. I'm going to get myself a wizard now...heheheheheh. BOOM!"

16. - Top - End - #1576
    Titan in the Playground

@The Party: The nearly dead Kabur sets his eyes on the shaman and moves towards her with the speed of a bull...

Or would've, had its head not been separated by an invisible blade as its body topples forward.

Irraly, it would seem was standing there the whole time.

"Nooooo. This isn't possible! My Boom Boom Band! Grrr!"

Belladonna is flying into a frenzy. With so many of you left and only her...what will she do?

17. - Top - End - #1577
    Firbolg in the Playground

"Uou want me?"
    Archadious calls out to the malicious fairy with a grin smile on his face.

"Then why don't you come down here!"

With that, he flies down to where he thinks Alex and Irraly are, and he begins to cast a simple teleportation spell, one to translocate himself and the naught Petal.

Spoiler
    Show
    casting baleful transposition on Belladonna and myself.

Will DC 19 or switch places with me next to Irraly and Alex.

Worth a shot
    Last edited by Niwrad; 2013-09-13 at 11:38 PM.
    "Now you'll see some real magic!"

Raikou Stormborn Thunder Incarnate and his elemental familiar Cyrus

18. - Top - End - #1578
    Titan in the Playground

@Archaidous: You weave a simple conjuration spell to place Belladonna within range of Alex's blade.

The mad Petal flutters her wings as she pulls on her hair, screaming madly.

"NONONONONONONOOOOOO! I pawn people here, not you!"

The spell seems to have no effect on the destructive fey other than giving her a nasty fit.

19. - Top - End - #1579
    Titan in the Playground

As the last beast goes down, its head cleanly cut off of its body by Irraly's blade Alex looks up towards Belladonna. Your forces have been defeated Belladonna. My might has won this day. Submit defeat Belladonna and I promise you no harm will come to you. Refuse however and you will look like all the others who have opposed us. Alex says with a bit of force in his voice as he separates himself from the rest of the group and makes sure there is a good distance between him and his nearest ally. Or will you not agree to our conditions? I won Belladonna. And thus I want my prize, you. Alex says forcefully, hoping it would work.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+11)[14] Diplomacy, a bit rough diplomacy, but bad cop is much worse right Aradia lol.

20. - Top - End - #1580
    Titan in the Playground

@Alex: Belladonna flies in a zig zag and erratic pattern in the air, trailing purple glitter.

"That voice...you're the one from the grove. Coward! You filthy coward! You haven't even shown your face and demand I submit! Ha! You know what, I have a better idea: How about I...what is the word? Ah yes, trounce all of you, yes?"

21. - Top - End - #1581
    Titan in the Playground

Because if you do not submit I get to eat you. another voice says coming from a different position, though all who know Alex knows it is still him, or at least kind of. You know Violet was annoying, but someone who does not honor their word because I was smarter then them and proved I was stronger without even using my full strength should know that Balion will not accept such a failure. He will kill you now that your band is gone. You are weak. YOU WILL SUBMIT.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20)[16] Intimidate

22. - Top - End - #1582
    Troll in the Playground

Aradia hurries over to Luthon's body as they the giant falls, her path now clear.
    "Up and at em' buddy! We've got a bug to deal with!"
    With a white flash from her hand and necklace, she carefully closes up the worst of Luthon's wounds, an icy rejuvenating chill running up his spine.

Spoiler
    Show
    Healing Luthon and myself for 24 damage

23. - Top - End - #1583

As Alex tried to take care of the petal Irraly quickly ran to retrieve the bodies of Meic and Violet, softly crying for the last as an arrow stuck out of her. Dam fool for thinking she was immortal. No one truly was in the end, it was all just an illusion. She told herself crying over the bodies.

24. - Top - End - #1584
    Titan in the Playground

@Alex: Belladonna had been uncontested so far. Her wrath unhindered. Her crew flawless.

And now, even though one one of her own had fled and the others lay cut and battered and beaten, she knew she still had the extra edge to finish everyone off.

Yet why was she hesitating?

Belladonna flies higher and crosses her arms.

"Pah! I was bored anyway. See you around losers! Ta!"

A white aura surrounds her and Belladonna, the tiniest most dangerous petal in the Fey Woods disappears.

You all gather yourself and the fallen, amongst them, your own comrades.

This was unnecessary bloodshed. And now the wand has used yet another charge, with four more days of travel...

Gathering the bodies together from the enemies, this is what you round up.

Spoiler
    Show
    2 large hide armors

4 chain shirts

3 small leather armors

Large Great club

Large Great axe

Great axe

Spiked Chain

Composite Longbow

Great Sword

Small short swords x3

25. - Top - End - #1585
    Titan in the Playground

As Belladonna flys off Alex quickly takes out his wand and after Aradias healing magic is done uses a few charges from his wand to heal them the rest of the way. Well told you it would be hell, but....Welcome to the Jungle. Alex says as the spell keeping him hidden wears off.

Spoiler
    Show
    Tell me how many charges you need, it heals 15 damage a charge. Apply after Aradia brings up to half +2.

26. - Top - End - #1586
    Troll in the Playground

Aradia shakes her fist at the petal as belladonna flies away. Of course, to no use.

The exhaustion of the fight hitting her, the shaman let's her weapon drop, walking over to the others, letting a comfortable magic wash over them and sooth the worst of their wounds. It's only then that she turns around to see Violet, impaled. Meic dead as well. Her expression turns to sadness, then quickly anger, as she shouts to the forest. "Damnit Belladonna! I'll find you! You'll die for this you peppy b**ch!"
    She turns away, suddenly unable to look at any more bodies. Especially those of her friends. She had only known Meic for a few weeks, Violet for even less, but with all they've been through it felt like years.
    Not wanting to stand around the carnage, she runs off into the woods, as if to chase after Belladonna, cursing her in draconic as she goes. She doesn't get particularly far, just a bit out of sight, before she gives up the chase and slows to a walk, then stops. In the middle of the woods, she stands angry, ready to lash out at the first thing that comes across.

27. - Top - End - #1587

As the bodies are piled up and picked clean Irraly stays close to her friends watching over their now dead bodies. No longer would she listen t the petals song, or her play her harp, and these thoughts brought sadness to her eyes, as she took out her own harp, and began to play. Something the others had never seen before as she sang to those that had died that day. Even the warmth and smell of Alex's wand like strawberries, was not enough to sooth her tearing soul.

Spoiler
    Show
    2 charges from the wand please

How can you see into my eyes like open doors?
    Leading you down into my core where I’ve become so numb
    Without a soul my spirit's sleeping somewhere cold
    Until you find it there and lead it back home

(Wake me up)
    Wake me up inside
    (I can’t wake up)
    Wake me up inside
    (Save me)
    Call my name and save me from the dark
    (Wake me up)
    Bid my blood to run
    (I can’t wake up)
    Before I come undone
    (Save me)
    Save me from the nothing I’ve become

Now that I know what I’m without
    You can't just leave me
    Breathe into me and make me real
    Bring me to life

(Wake me up)
    Wake me up inside
    (I can’t wake up)
    Wake me up inside
    (Save me)
    Call my name and save me from the dark
    (Wake me up)
    Bid my blood to run
    (I can’t wake up)
    Before I come undone
    (Save me)
    Save me from the nothing I’ve become

Bring me to life
    (I've been living a lie, there's nothing inside)
    Bring me to life

Frozen inside without your touch
    Without your love, darling
    Only you are the life among the dead

All this time I can't believe I couldn't see
    Kept in the dark but you were there in front of me
    I’ve been sleeping a thousand years it seems
    Got to open my eyes to everything
    Without a thought, without a voice, without a soul
    Don't let me die here
    There must be something more
    Bring me to life