New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast

Thread: Runelords IC

1. - Top - End - #31
    Bugbear in the Playground

Kobold

Default Re: Runelords IC

Being stabbed was a new experience. It came with an interesting flavor of pain, a sensation of warm icicles pressing against, into, her body.
    The world went blurry, drained of color as some part of her brain switched her pupils to dilate and her eyes compensated by shooting out the need for sunlight entirely. She was hurting and suddenly, more than anything, angry.
    Well, only one reasonable response to that. With a wince, Liresha dodged away from the goblin and its pain-causing meatcleaver while fishing a colored handkerchiefs out of a back pocket. Hopefully, it was the correct one, everything looked a little grey to her and her pupils wouldn't flick back to daylight mode.

"Behold! A Distraction!"

As carefully ingrained spell triggers went, it helped to rely on the obvious and flamboyant. With a flourish, she threw the grey, grey and grey handkerchief at grinning goblin in front of her. She really hoped it was the right one.

It hung in suspended in the air for a moment. In the background, the towering creature clearly sensed what was about to happen and executed a tactical withdrawal, just as a fast moving blur more avalanche than dwarf crashed into the cleric.

And then everything exploded. Grey, white and black sparkles filled the air and Liresha threw herself at the nearest goblin, screaming, hands outstretched and shimmering.

Action
    Spoiler
    Show

Liresha uses a swift action to grant her right claw a +1 to hit with her Arcane Pool, for 1 Arcane point.
    ( Counting it as a light natural weapon associated with that hand )

Uses a free-action to 5ft step to F 3

Engages in spell-combat as a full round action by casting Color Spray in 15ft cone dead ahead, engulfing the goblin warchanter and the two goblins in c4 and d4.

She does this defensively, while attacking the goblin in E4.

She takes full spell combat penalties (-3), and adds them to her concentration check for color spray.

E4 Goblin, claw attack +3(stat)+1(bless)+1(AP)+2(flank)-2(Spell)-3(Int) = (d20+2)[15]
    Damage: (1d4+2)[6]

Concentration check, DC 17: (d20+9)[23]
    Dc for color spray is Will 15

Status
    Spoiler
    Show

HP: 5 / 10
    AC: 17

To dream in black and white
    Last edited by Fibinachi; 2013-08-14 at 07:32 PM.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Dwarf in the Playground

Erik winces every time one of his allies is struck by a goblin blade. He can only hope that the cuts aren't too deep, and his magic will be able to close these wounds.

With a cry, the cleric charges the nearest goblin, intending to brain the little pest with his mace.

Actions
    Spoiler
    Show
    Charging the goblin at E4, if he's still standing:
    Attack Roll: (1d20+5)[7]
    Damage Roll: (1d8+2)[10]
    If this gobbo is down, I'll just charge whatever enemy is still standing. Or walk up and coup de grace somebody, if they're all dead/color spray'd.

Status
    Spoiler
    Show
    HP: 13/13
    AC: 14

3. - Top - End - #33
    Titan in the Playground

Its a short and very bloody fight. The large black orb explodes in a whirlwing of slashing fragments and metal that disembowels the cleric and 2 of the goblins... Even as that's happening Khazak and liressa slash out with accurate claw and axe play making sure no goblins remain alive to bother them again. Even as she fights light glows and reflects from the tiefling but the warchanter's eyes already closed from the bomb don't notice the spray of colour.

Tarok slowly recovers while Baelthar turns and flees and Erik runs up to join the others.

The warchanter howls with fear as all his companions are killed and throws himself down on the ground howling a high pitched keening wail of fear

Spoiler
    Show

Warchanter is heavily wounded and surrenders.... Do you take goblins prisoner?

Map
    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

May watched timidly from the back, seeing as the others seemed to pick up from her slack. She bit her bottom lip looking over at Baelthor just as his fear seemed to settle. The girl walked forward still a bit timid. She could see the goblin cowering down. A look of concern came on her face. Despite its violent tendencies, her own nature seemed to step in. "W... wait... I... I think its trying to surrender." She spoke softly, her voice attempting to be a bit stronger though still holding that soft and gentle tone she had. The girl walked forward moving closer towards the front.

The Eidolon, having shaken away the effects of the spell, stepped forward glancing over at May. A look of disapproval seemed to fill its gaze. Despite it, the creature looked towards the timid girl with a dominant presence behind it. As much as it was tempted to charge at the creature and finish it off, in the end he was May's Eidolon. "We should finish this foul creature now. Such a thing has likely taken many lives for no beneficial purpose. Let it live and its sure to do the same." The creature looked at its Master quite intently, its words however well chosen, not wanting to reflect upon being insubordinate either.

May looked a bit nervously down, shaking her head. As much as she felt some bit of intimidation from her own Eidolon, it wasn't enough to sway her mind. "E...even still, its not right to do such a thing to a creature begging for its life... its... only right we keep it alive and let the law take control of things. It might also help us to find out the reason behind the attack." While briefly stuttering, her voice cleared out as she directed her attention towards her summon, though her words echoing out meant to reach everyone's ears as well.

Baelthor tsked to himself before turning his head. The demon like Eidolon crossed its arms in distaste. While it disliked her motives, in the end he was bound to her will. Besides, the fact she stuck up for herself and voiced herself was good enough for him to hear. It wasn't perfect, but she did show a strong resolve she normally seemed hesitant to show.

May glanced over at the others, the girl seeming a bit more timid as she bit her bottom lip, gripping her hand gently behind her back looking a little more shy once again. "Can... someone speak goblin.. s... so maybe we can find out... more about this attack? I feel its a lot better then just killing s.. such a thing begging for its life in cold blood..."

Actions
    Spoiler
    Show

Discussing...

Stats
    Spoiler
    Show

May 10/10
    Buffs: Bless (+1 ATT +1 Save Fear) - 4/r
    Debuffs:
    Baelthor 11/11
    Buffs: Bless (+1 ATT +1 Save Fear) 4/r
    Debuffs:
    Last edited by HanaRei; 2013-08-16 at 02:04 AM.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Khazak grinned, as he let the blood rush settle, breathing heavily as he did so. Gripping his axe, he tromped over to the screaming warchanter, raising his axe high to deal with the annoying little blighter when the girl with the demon stepped forward and urged them to let it live.

Blinking, he glanced around at the others, then back to the goblin. "Ah dinnae care ... but ye know 'e wouldn't treat ye th'same, doncha lass?" Stepping forward, he growled at the goblin and used it's back to wipe the blood off his axe. "Yer lucky ... she wants ye ta live. Best be makin' th'most o' this and start yappin'. Why're ye here?"

The dwarf might not speak the goblin's tongue, but he was betting the little bugger knew enough of common-speak to work through it.

Spoiler
    Show
    You wanna turn the goblin over to the guards? No worries. Now, if it were a giant, we might be having a different conversation
    Life is ... life. As always bot/cut as necessary.
    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."

Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!y

6. - Top - End - #36
    Troll in the Playground

As the dust from his second bomb settles down, Raigard finds himself holding yet another explosive and reading himself to continue the battle.

Only to find that victory was already theirs.

Oh... eh... I was not expecting that. I mean, I would calculate the chances of that outcome to be less than twenty percent.

Only then the alchemist realizes that there was a survivor among the attackers, and that he (or she, it was not always easy to tell with goblins) was asking for mercy.

Rag watches the others' reactions and considers the situation. Although he understood that it was almost certain that the goblin would be sentenced to death in a trial, the alchemist's vocation as a healer would not allow him to just execute another being while not acting in self-defense or protecting innocents.

I say we knock him unconcious and leave him locked somewhere in the Rusty Dragon adds the scientist in support of the girl as he points to the inn I'm sure that there will be others, and we need to save as many townspeople as possible

I can speak their language, Raigard says to the others when the issue of communication comes up although there are some dialect variations I have not yet mastered. I'm also missing colloquialisms, but I'm not good at those in most languages, or so I have been repeatedly told.

Anyways the alchemist clears his throat I'll ask him where they come from, why are they here, and how many of them are here.

Goblin
    Spoiler
    Show
    If you want to be spared, tell us why are you attacking this town and how many other of your kin you brought along.

Spoiler
    Show
    Ideally, there are no rolls for this, but most likely there are
    intimidate - (1d20-1)[6]
    sensemotive - (1d20)[20]

After hearing the goblin's reply, Rag will translate to the others.

My PbP characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Caelon Ismort, lvl 6 paladin, Kingmaker (Part II)

Gael, lvl 3 sorcerer, Serpent Skull

Ril, lvl 3 ninja, Jade Regent

Raigard, lvl 4 alchemist, Rise of the Runelords

Astias, lvl 3 human bard, Wrath of the Righteous

Retired Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Rennard Balmont, lvl 9 magus Curse of the Crimson Throne (Parts I-IV)
    LIX (lvl 7 minotaur psychic warrior), Fall of the Dragon King
    Revelc, lvl 4 ranger, Origin of Species

gg, N_R

7. - Top - End - #37
    Titan in the Playground

Even as the goblin is bound to the wheels of the wagon the little creature alternately gnashes it teeth in a rage threatening "spiky death" and "eaty eaty" in a high pitched squeaky voice and wailing and headbutting the wheels of the wagon in despair. As Rag questions it, it squeaks longshanks sent us

The sounds of fighting, shouting and awful tinny goblin singing seem to be dissipating slightly as you can see goblins beginning to flee - a notable one on a roof of the tannery trying to jump to his freedom only to land in a steeping pool of hot urine never to rise again! Other ones seem confused running in circles before hurling torches and sprinting for the Town walls with guards in hot pursuit.

The square now almost empty is hit by a surge of guards with a motley collection of crossbows, spears and swords led by a tall spare man with a glum expression that May instantly recognises as Sheriff Hemlock. He looks at the collection of small green bodies littering the square and gives a curt nod of approval. Father Zantus with him also grins and approaches as well.

"Oh my. Goblins in Sandpoint. And on the day of the consecrations of our new Cathedral. My, my May you and your new friends have done well. Are any of you injured?" Even as he speaks he can see the small cuts and wounds on Rag and Lissera and raises his star of Desna and cool blue energy washes over you soothing the pain away. Eyeing Erik he gives a short bow. "A fellow clergyman - and of Cayden so well suited for this merry occasion"

Spoiler
    Show
    Channel Energy (2d6)[8] healing for the party

Even as Zantus begins to ramble Sherrif Hemlock cuts him off. The large and impressive looking Shoanti man also appears comfortable with the sword in his hand and the green blood decorating the blade indicate its recent use. "I don't know who you strangers are but you've helped here certainly." and a quiet "Nice to see you safe May, Baelthor been busy?". Looking back to the others he points to Water street that takes you past the fishmarket and the shady Hagfish Inn towards the beach

Spoiler
    Show
    On the map of Sandpoint you've been fighting in the Market Square (area 35) beside the rusty dragon (area 37). Water street runs west towards the beach past the fishmarket (34) and the Hagfish (33).

"Would you mind following May here and making sure none of the little vermin get away down past the beach?". Even as he orders the party of strangers that way he issues more orders to his other men and they begin to spread out - Hemlock himself taking Father Zantus with him as the Father waves goodbye with a "I'll find you later..."

The streets are quite quiet - only a brief high pitched goblin scream from the fishmarket as a goblin tries to hide in a large barrel still filled with the local "big tooth" eels disturbing you as you can see the citizens pulling doors hut and barring the windows. The eerie quiet is broken suddenly as you round the corner to a small fight. A scream from a nobleman as he topples backwards pressing himself against the walls of the Glassworks, the yelp you just heard the sound of his hunting dog being killed by an angry and slightly crazy looking goblin holding a horse chopper and riding a mangy looking goblin dog. Even as the little beast licks the dead dog's blood from his blade another 5 of the creatures slink out of the shadows with evil grins as they forma semi-circle around the trapped noble licking their lips....

You have the drop on the Goblin "knight" and his 5 little friends as they have poor Aldern trapped!

Spoiler
    Show
    PC's go first!
    Map

Last edited by DrK; 2013-08-16 at 03:04 PM.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground

May watches as things seemed to settle a bit as the arrival of the Sheriff as well as Father Zantus. She herd the Father speak out responding back. "Its good to see you, Father Zantus." She responded in form of respect towards him. Her eyes lingered over watching as he provided healing for those who are hurt.

Turning her attention towards the Sherrif, May bowed her head in respect. "Y...yes." She responded a bit, glancing over at Baelthor who seemed quite frusterated about the combat, particularly at his rather foolish looking running away. May shook off the though hearing ther Sherrif. He is entrusting me... to do it? She blushed softly a bit taken back being given such responsibility. She nodded suddenly in haste. "Y... yes sir. I'll do so... r.... right away!" She spoke out despite him not directly asking her to more so as implying it.

She waved goodbye to Father Zantus as the girl waved the others on. "Follow me, this way!" She spoke, leading the group forward. It didn't take long of navigating eerie silence before the group came upon the goblins surrounding Aldern, the sight of the dead dog making her cringe sickly. She moved up standing beside the one edge of the nearby building She raised her hand quickly, the Summoner softy speaking as she used greese towards what looked to be a the rider, just as Baelthor stood ready to charge as soon as he got an opening at one of the little goblins right before the Greece May threw down.

Actions
    Spoiler
    Show

May moved up towards the left most grey/black building. Casted Greece on the bottom right corner of the GK icon (believe thats the rider).

Baelthor holding his action to charge once Erik moves out of the way at the lower right goblin. If Erik doesn't move or a clear charge path isn't made, he will instead move up closer towards May standing in front as much as possible to protect her while getting a better route.

Attack (If Charge): (1d20+6)[25]
    Damage: (1d6+3)[8]

Stats
    Spoiler
    Show

May 10/10
    Buffs: Bless (+1 ATT +1 Save Fear) - 4/r
    Debuffs:
    Baelthor 11/11
    Buffs: Bless (+1 ATT +1 Save Fear) 4/r
    Debuffs:

9. - Top - End - #39
    Troll in the Playground

Longshanks... the alchemist repeats the name given by the goblin, not sure what that name means

As his wounds close, Rag sighs with relief. Before he gets a chance to thank the cleric, the Sheriff interrupts and reminds everyone of the dire situation at hand.

Following the local girl, Raigard takes in the sights of the town, barely containing his natural tendencies of starting taking notes and asking questions.

And it would seem the self restrain paid off, for when the group finds the goblin knight and his cohorts, the alchemist is ready.

Still hastened by the mutagen, Rag dashes through the battlefield as he searches for the optimal location to use another explosive.

Well, I want do distract the ones that are further down, but there is a serious probability of missing and hitting the civilian... murmurs the alchemist to himself as he moves Probably the best option is to attack their leader and break their morale. At least it worked with the last group.

Actions:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Move to K12
    Standard: Throw bomb at GK (out of 20ft bomb range, inside 30ft PBS range)
    attack - (1d20+4)[16] (0 BAB + 4 DEX + 2 Feats -2 range) vs touch AC (add +1 if bless, lower AC if enemy is prone due to spell)
    damage - (1d6+6)[8]
    7 splash damage to mount (Ref DC 15 for 1/2)

Spoiler
    Show
    Hp=9/9
    AC= 17 (3 armor + 4 Dex)
    Bombs: 3/6
    Mutagen duration: 5/10 min
    Last edited by Drothmal; 2013-08-16 at 05:42 PM.

My PbP characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Retired Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

gg, N_R

10. - Top - End - #40

Kobold

It figures, in some sense, that the one time you luck out and get to visit a town undergoing a festival, the same festival is crashed by goblins and you're caught up in a maelstrom of blood, explosions and roaring dwarves. Fate has a sense of humor like that. It can't just be a quiet day where you do a few simple magic tricks and wave a scarf around, then try not to get pelted with rocks by people crying nebulous disparagement of your ancestry, no, no, you have to punch out goblin teeth and face off with war-priests wielding relic dog skulls.
    That was going to be a wonderful fresh new nightmare.

The squad of guardsmen seemed a little on the edge, and the sheriff was probably not too keen on unruly souls. Liresha tucked her hat down and keep quiet, which meant she found herself deputized by the sheriff of Sandpoint without really getting a good look at him. Or at the very least, had been asked nicely to watch May, which evened out to the same thing - stick with the kid.

""Follow me, this way!"

It was almost endearing, the way May seemed seconds away from cracking, then caught and steeled herself. But she clearly had a backbone when pressed and steel enough in her soul to order a... thing... of some sort around, so following her around like a footpad was the order of the day. Savvy. Shaking her head and fighting down the urge to sneeze (Oh, the joys of priestly, positive magic. It itched), Liresha hustled along as the group moved to secure the rest of Sandpoint. Momentary eerie quiet seemed to have fallen, which left more space for paranoia. Still, today was not all bad. Gut wrenching terror and explosions of pain aside, and disregarding the very likely outcome of a painful demise at the hand of malicious critters, being heroic meant no one were muttering abusive slurs. Too busy fighting for their lives or dying. Besides, playing the hero was fun, for a certain value of the word. Heart-pounding, certainly.

And up ahead, another batch of goblins waited, harrying a noble who looked way, way out of his depth, the lot of them spurred on by a fifth goblin.

Liresha shuddered. A fifth goblin who was riding a mangy, angry looking creature and had just finished jousting a brave dog, small needle teeth slick with the gore of the kill, maddened eyes alight with frenzy. Oh. Oh today was just a wealth of intricate, delightful nightmares.

She averted her eyes and focused on something less terrible, like the two goblins in the far back, shrieking at the poor nobleman. They were probably going to carve him up if they didn't go down in the initial rush. That was a task she could handle, safely out of range of any dog-mounted monstrosities. Best leave that one to the heavily armed, armored types.

Time to put that fish oil to good use.

Action
    Spoiler
    Show

Move action: Liresha moves to J 11
    Standard action: As a copycat move, Liresha casts grease on the goblins in E 9 and D 8, orienting it at the top of square E 9.

DC, reflex 15.

Status
    Spoiler
    Show

HP: 10
    AC: 17

Surprised by the sight of canine riding gore-slick goblin types

Last edited by Fibinachi; 2013-08-16 at 06:48 PM.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Dwarf in the Playground

Erik is a bit overwhelmed by the whole situation. He put on a brave face, to be sure, but he never had to fight for a long time before. Whenever he traved alone or a in a small group, and a threat didn't back off after a hit or two, it was time to turn tail and run. This however, is a bloody affair, a fight to death (he has little hope that the goblins would show any mercy to someone their captured). That's why he welcomes the surprisingly fast resolution of the skirmish with relief. The cleric has nothing against taking a goblin captive - killing an unarmed prisoner simply doesn't sit well with him.

Erik welcomes Father Zantus with a smile, but before they have any real chance to talk, Sherrif Hemlock interrupts with his stern, curt orders. Erik sets of with a sigh. He could use a short break right now, or at least some ale to calm his nerves.

Any hopes of resting, however, are crushed by the sight of the goblins harassing an unarmed man. Without skipping a beat, the cleric seeks out a target and decides to charge the rightmost goblin. With a loud cry and a raised mace, Erik tries to crash his considerable mass into the greenskinned wretch.

Actions
    Spoiler
    Show
    Charging the goblin at K8.
    Attack Roll: (1d20+4)[16] +1 if Bless still applies (unlikely after 5 minutes, though).
    Damage: (1d8+2)[3]

Status
    Spoiler
    Show
    HP: 13/13
    AC: 14

12. - Top - End - #42
    Troll in the Playground

"And I thought they were suicidal..." Tarok mutters as the remaining goblin surrenders.

As more goblins assemble, and surround the lone nobleman, the ranger charges with his axe overhead.

Spoiler
    Show
    Charge if any goblins in range are still up (GK or the two right ones), if not, I'll double move toward them.

Attack: (1d20+8)[19]
    Damage: (1d8+6)[7]

Spoiler: Characters
    Show
    Tarok and Kamo, level 6 half-orc ranger, bunyip-slayer, and all around badass.

I like half-orcs

Retired:

Aldrin Cress, level 10 human sorcerer. Hero of Korvosa.
    Tireas Slate, level 4 tiefling ninja. Eternally scheming.

DMing: Dragon's Demand

13. - Top - End - #43
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Under the interrogation of the wordy one, the surviving goblin started hissing and squeaking about someone (or something) called 'longshanks' directing the attack. "Longshanks? Who the 'ell be that?" Blinking at the others, Khazak turned to see if anyone had heard this name before when more sounds and shrieks reached his ears. Apparently more of the town was under attack than the dwarf had realized, and he gripped his axe as his head began to swivel, searching for the next target.

Before he could rush off, more humans appeared - these seemed to be in positions of authority and knew the girl and her summoned devil. Issuing orders, to search further, they quickly ran off to deal with more of the goblin threat. Sighing, Khazak glanced down at his feet for a moment, realizing it would be a little longer before he could take a load off. Of course, the wave of energy helped, healing his small wound, but it didn't completely take away the ache in his arches. "Bah, lead on girlie ... best be killin' these gits quickly so's Ah kin finally git off me feet!"

Which is how the group found itself taking on another band of goblins by surprise. Before the dwarf's stout legs could get im into range of his axe, most of the others leapt into action, throwing spells and bombs into the fray. He noted them absently as he rushed forward, the axe ready to deliver another blow of sharp justice to the unwanted invaders.

"RAW'R!!!!!"

Not his bes speech, but it would have to do for now ...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Charge the nearest available critter w/o moving through the grease. I think that means either the gobbo at K8 or I9, but if there's a chance to smack GK w/o slippin' on me bum, then yeah!

Attack: (1d20+6)[14], damage: (1d12+4)[15]

14. - Top - End - #44
    Titan in the Playground

Once again the overwhelming might of Sandpoint's newest heroes is crushing and brutal. Erik and Khazak surge up over one of the goblin, axe and mace mashing it into a thin green paste. The massive demonic entity strides forward trailing flames and almost tears another goblin in half.

The goblin riding the mangy goblin dog is tumbled from his mount by a well placed grease spell. The grease spell only making things easier as another explosive lands beside the greenskin and detonates with a massive blast. The dog slides around dodging most of the blast but the goblin is not so lucky. He is even less lucky as the half-orc Tarok leaps forward and crushes his skull with the axe.

Even as the other goblins look up in surprise both are tumbled to the ground by the ground growing slime under their feet, a simple wave of Liressa's hand summoning the grease.

The two goblins climb slowly to their feet in an attempt to leave the grease spell, moving away from the horrible killers that had suddenly assailed them! On stands before toppling back down still covered in slime. The other one managing to stagger slowly away, slipping and sliding on his little green feet.

The goblin dog, hungry and brutal ignores the slime and just lashes out from the ground gnawing at Tarok's feet.
    Spoiler
    Show

Attack Tarok (1d20+2)[9] Damage (1d6+3)[9]

Map

15. - Top - End - #45
    Troll in the Playground

Seeing that the others had the battle well at hand (and realizing that his bombs would most likely harm his allies more than help them at this point), Raigard runs after the escaping goblin.

Although the good-natured alchemist is not particularly happy about hunting down a fleeing combatant, Rag does not want to take chances on the goblin might hurting more innocents in his flight.

With grim resolution, the alchemist lobs another bomb

Actions
    Spoiler
    Show
    Move (starting from K12) to D11
    Throw bomb at goblin in B6 (according to my calculations, this should be within 30ft, but trigonometry at 3AM might not be my strongest suit)
    attack - (1d20+4)[6] (0 BAB + 4 DEX + 2 Feats -2 range) vs touch AC
    [roll=damage]1d6+[/roll]

IF GOBLIN IS FURTHER THAN 30 ft (but within 40 ft), -1 to hit and -1 to damage

Status
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hp=9/9
    AC= 19 (3 armor + 4 Dex +2 Natural)
    Bombs: 2/6
    Mutagen: +4 Dex, -2 Wis, +2 Nat. armor
    Mutagen duration: 5/10 min
    Last edited by Drothmal; 2013-08-18 at 02:23 PM.

My PbP characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Retired Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

gg, N_R

16. - Top - End - #46
    Troll in the Playground

Tarok grins with satisfaction as he finally manages to make a hit, but stays alert as the strange looking dog attempts to bite him. The ranger sidesteps the attacks, then brings down his axe and his own fangs to try and fell the beast.

Spoiler
    Show
    Full Attack!
    Tarok doesn't have TWF yet, so I'll make one attack with the axe, and one with his bite.

(1d20+6)[9]
    Damage: (1d8+6)[7]

Bite: (1d20+1)[18]
    Damage: (1d4+2)[4]

Yes, I realize biting a dog is probably a bad idea!

HP: 12/12 AC: 16
    F: +3, R: +4, W: +3
    Last edited by Blisstake; 2013-08-18 at 12:59 PM.

Show

I like half-orcs

Retired:

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ogre in the Playground

May watches as the goblins all seem to fall so quickly, the spell just toppling them over as they aren't able to do a thing about it. The group all but dispatches the creatures, feeling a bit bad despite their sinister behavior. Taking lives wasn't something she was big on, but she knew it was unavoidable at times.

Baelthor glanced up having sliced through the one goblin creature near him, looking fiercely at the dog. Charging forward to support the new 'ally' the Eidolon sliced his claw towards the creature, aiming to dispatch of it quickly.

Actions:
    Spoiler
    Show

Baelthor charges in standing beside Tarok (above) and attacks the goblin dog.
    Attack (Charge): (1d20+6)[11]
    Damage: (1d6+3)[9]

Stats
    Spoiler
    Show

May 10/10
    Buffs:
    Debuffs:

Baelthor 11/11
    Buffs:
    Debuffs:

18. - Top - End - #48

Kobold

"RAW'R!!!!!"

Suitable summation of events of the day. The nobleman was safe for now, and the other six surprise-heroes had taken care of the goblins, save a few scattered survivors. One poor soul was still struggling to its feet as its partner hightailed it down the alley. Clearly the smartest goblin in this entire raid, that, easily understanding that against a roaring dwarf, a fire-trailing creature and a half-orc in a hood it was obviously, utterly and entirely out-matched.

Ach, well, orders was orders from the big boss. Besides, May'd look bad if creatures started getting away after being told that she should stop the lot of them. Liresha strode forwards, sap in hand, passing by the shimmering pool of slippery material containing goblin corpses. It was an easy decision not to look at what the half-orc did to the dog, but the whimpering sounds were certainly evocative.
    Conclusion: May was a conjurer. Corollary: Baelthor - the figure - was some kind of bound entity. That was either a lot of power or an agreement of some kind. It was certainly more power than Liresha could dredge up at a moments notice, two simple tricks had already left her almost lightheaded. And the mead-advocate seemed to have a direct link to higher powers, acting as a conduit of some kind.

Spiffy.

One goblin, coated in slime and looking more desperate by the second, was still trying to get away but his tiny pedaling feet couldn't find any purchase.

"Surrender. Live."

Hopefully the humanoid understood enough Common to live another day. His companion though would not be so lucky, sprinting too far out of range to hear any offer of negotiation. Alas, having a conjured extra-natural entity of nebulous powers and vaguely flickering flames at her beck and call simply run the fleeing combatant down was not an option, her powers were pilfered bits of power and the arcane ability of punching.

Well, she could always cheat. She slid her left hand into a belt pouch, tracing the back of the scurrying goblin with her free hand. She carried trinkets for a reason, bits of extra this and that to use, and touching a small flask of acid made imitating caustic fury so much easier.
    Take aim, pretend you're throwing something, guide and adjust...

Action
    Spoiler
    Show

Move action: Liresha moves 30 ft to E 10
    Free action: Speech, to the goblin in E 9
    (d20+4)[11], intimidate check if neccesary
    Swift action: Liresha cheats, and uses an acid flask, as an alchemist power component for her Acid Splash, focus. The acid does +1 damage.
    If this attack hits:

Standard Action: Acid Splash, ranged touch attack, (d20+3)[16]
    This provokes an attack of opportunity if the goblin in E9 wants to go for it!
    Which would obviously disrupt the spell being cast, unless Liresha passes a concentration check.

And also violate the treaty of surrendering peacefully.

Acid; (1d3+1)[4]

Status
    Spoiler
    Show

HP 10
    AC 17

Immersed in a sea of violence and massacred humanoids

19. - Top - End - #49
    Titan in the Playground

The fleeing goblin toppled as the orb of acid seers into its back and drops dead. The other still lying in the grease bursts into tears gibbering the longshanks told us to do it.

The goblin dog is likewise dispatched, picked up and shaken till its neck breaks by Tarok, possibly to the horror of the rest of the party!

As the goblin cowers the noble straightens and recovers his hat.thank thank you. By all the gods youve saved me from a pretty pickle.. I am Aldern Foxglove. I am so pleased to meet you.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ogre in the Playground

May cringed a bit hearing the sound as the goblin dog was dispatched. Shudders ran through her body as a notable look of disgust filled her. It was far from something she had hoped to ever hear from any creature. None the less she did her best to keep her composure, watching as it seemed the fighting was over.

The girl glanced up looking towards the noble. She heard his voice letting out a soft sigh of relief. "It was no trouble... really!" The girl spoke softly bowing her head in respect. "Nice to meet you. I am May Alastein." She spoke softly. She turned her head, a bit uneasy realizing she didn't really know who the others were as she bit her bottom lip feeling a bit embarrassed, blushing. Granted they didn't have much chance for introductions, it did leave her a little awkward for not having even attempted such.

Baelthor sighed a bit, not really that caring of the man as he backed away. The eidolon left itself behind the others, seeming to be fumbling to get rid of the blood on its flaws, not very pleased about the mess and not very effected by it. While May was a bit squeamish, Baelthor wasn't at all effected by it. The 'conversation' however, wasn't exactly something that he found interest in, keeping himself away from it.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Troll in the Playground

Feh!

Tarok spits out a chunk of dog-flesh, only to see that the beast is still pathetically squirming on the ground. He lifts his boot and crushes the dog's neck to put it down for good.

The battlefield becomes quiet, and Tarok eases his grip on his weapon as the sounds of fighting and screaming subside. Without any immediate danger present, the ranger looks over and examines the group that assembled to defeat the goblins.

The air-headed human appears to have bombs. The orcs back at Urglin would love to keep him as a prisoner. At least until they snap his neck to shut him up

The tiefling is some sort of witch. No surprise there. I get the feeling she knows something I don't. Why is she in Sandpoint?

The priest is brave, but trusts too much in his armor. But what god does he worship? He'll probably let us all know soon enough.

The dwarf seems to enjoy all the killing going on. Makes sense since he appears to be so good at it.

The girl somehow controls that... thing. Must be another witch herself.

Ignoring the man they saved, Tarok lifts his hood back up, then walks to the remaining goblin in the grease who's shouting incoherently. The half-orc once again lifts up his boot, and presses it firmly to the goblin's neck.

"You saw what I did to the dog. Who sent you?"

Show

I like half-orcs

Retired:

22. - Top - End - #52
    Troll in the Playground

Raigard watches as his bomb completely misses the mark and blows up one of the salted fish barrels.

Oh, oh... I did it again says the alchemist, looking from side to side like a child that knows that will be yelled at once a responsible adult finds out about his latest escapade I hope that no one saw that... Maybe I could say it was the goblins?

Fortunately, the battle being over and Aldern's introduction gives Rag an opportunity to not dwell too much in the consequences of his explosion-prone personality.

Nice to meet you! says the alchemist walking to the rescued man and offering a hand (and shaking profusely if Aldern decides to take it) while bombarding the man with a rapid-fire introduction. I am Raigard Maenelad. I'm a travelling alchemist. You can call me Rag. Are you hurt? Are there any other goblins around? Did you...

But Rag's long winded introduction is cut short when he sees the half orc stepping on the surrendered goblin

Wait! screams the alchemist to the warrior as he rushes back to his side. He surrendered! Well, I guess he kind of did, even if he didn't say it explicitly.

Looking at the menacing Tarok and considering how he dispatched the dog, Raigard realizes that mercy and rules of engagement might not be the best approach.

He might not understand what you are saying! At least let me translate! what was the word for dog again?

Goblin
    Spoiler
    Show
    He says to tell us who sent you or he will do to you what he did to the dog. Was it this longshanks being? Who is he?

By the way, asks Rag to Tarok while he waits for the goblin to reply. how would you characterize the flavor?

It would seem that the alchemist lacks the self-preservation instincts that would help him realize that this line of inquiry was neither a good idea to begin with nor the correct timing to ask such question.

My PbP characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Retired Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

gg, N_R

23. - Top - End - #53
    Titan in the Playground

May knows of Aldern Foxglove. A slightly foppish noble from the city of Magnimir to the South. Visiting Sandpoint for a spot of hunting and "enjoying some rural life". Nice enough, wealthy he is popular with shop keepers for his habits of buying their wares as "trinkets for the country" to show the rest of the nobility when he returns home in a week.

Looking around at the heroes he is particular impressed with Baelthor and walks around the massive eidolon before plucking up the courage to prod the beast's massive muscular arm. Turning to May he begins... "Miss Alastein. He is marvellous. How much for him. I assure you I can pay any price that you name. With him at my side I would be the talk of the city. I can just see him now dressed in finest velvet in my livery accompanying me to the events in the city. Honestly my dear name your price and I will gladly pay it."

As Raigard speaks Aldern glances over him, nodding with a "Thank you good sir. You seem a trifle educated for a wanderer?"

Over by the goblin the small beast howls in terror. The longshanks sentss usss. He makes uss do it. He makes all of usss do it. We did the gates.. The longbones did the bones.. I don't know it anymore! From the sickly white-green colour of the small beast you reckon its probably being truthful.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Drothmal View Post
    By the way, asks Rag to Tarok while he waits for the goblin to reply. how would you characterize the flavor?"
    Tarok is somewhat perplexed by the question (he wasn't biting to eat, after all), but still finds a suitable response. "It tastes delicious. There's plenty left if you want some."

When the goblin gives his feeble answer, Tarok eases the pressure he puts on his foot, but doesn't quite let go. "Where is the longshanks?"
    Last edited by Blisstake; 2013-08-20 at 01:04 PM.

Show

I like half-orcs

Retired:

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ogre in the Playground

May looked towards the noble. She looked a bit uneasily as he seemed to focus his efforts on Baelthor, much to her own dismay. She shook her head a little bit nervously, more worried if anything about her Eidolon's reaction then anything else.

Baelthor's reaction wasn't that far from what May had expected. The Eidolon glared back at the man as it stood up tall looking fiercely down at the man. The creature snarled a bit looking down at him. "Such I'd be sure I'd take it and shove it right down your..."

May rushed up quickly as to wave it off quickly while stopping Baelthor. "Ah... w..well what he meant to say was he isn't for sale... more so he is a part of me really in a way, being my Eidolon." She laughed a bit nervously, waving her hands a bit in panic having just barely stopped Baelthor from saying much more 'harsh' things. While she wasn't fond on the concept he wanted to 'buy' Baelthor, it wasn't enough to justify using such words. There were far better words to use for that circumstance.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Blisstake View Post
    When the goblin gives his feeble answer, Tarok eases the pressure he puts on his foot, but doesn't quite let go. "Where is the longshanks?"
    The goblins howls loudly some more under the pressure of the heavy boot. "I don't knowsss. He was in the woodsss with us. He told uss to go!

27. - Top - End - #57
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DrK View Post
    As Raigard speaks Aldern glances over him, nodding with a "Thank you good sir. You seem a trifle educated for a wanderer?"
    Just doing some research... is Rag's only response before he relocates to where Tarok and the captured goblin are.

Quote Originally Posted by Blisstake View Post
    Tarok is somewhat perplexed by the question (he wasn't biting to eat, after all), but still find a suitable response. "It tastes delicious. There's plenty left if you want some."
    Fascinating... murmurs the alchemist about the dog food (as in the dog as food)

Thanks for the offer! But I already got protein from the fish. Maybe another time! After all, it would seem that this region has quite a few goblins, which means it will have at least some dogs of this breed replies Rag, oblivious to any humor Tarok might have put on his statement

Rag translates to the best of his ability, also adding a question of his own

What do you mean by "longbones"? And what bones where they getting?

My PbP characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Retired Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

gg, N_R

28. - Top - End - #58
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

As Khazak pulled his axe out of the dead goblin, he looked up for another target and found the situation was well in hand (again), and that his talents were no longer needed (again). Sighing, he wiped the blade off on the dead goblin and stomped over to one of the barrels of salted fish, peering down and selecting one of the less charred ones. Munching quietly, he watched the others, glancing around for additional signs of more gobbos.

They be ambushers, the little gits ... never know when they be peerin' from the shaodws ...

He heard the others introducing themselves (and discussing the disgusting prospect of goblin flesh), but he kept to himself, chewing on the fish he had found.

Spoiler
    Show
    Taking 10 on perception checks around ... 16. Once we get ready to go, Khaz will probably search the bodies for any not-so-phat loot

29. - Top - End - #59
    Troll in the Playground

"...Fine," Tarok mutters as the goblin repeats that it has no information to give. He takes his foot off the cretin, figuring that some of the others would prefer it be imprisoned than killed.

Show

I like half-orcs

Retired:

30. - Top - End - #60

Kobold

One final explosion and a destroyed barrel of fish, and then, they were all out of goblins and death. Liresha adjusted her clothes as she took a step back, hiding away her sap again.
    The half-orc from before strode over to the goblin begging at her feet, followed deftly by the alchemist and his ongoing cloud of words. The little touch of curiosity about the taste of goblin dog made the entire scene passably surreal, countering the bloodshed. The magus let herself relax, felt her heart slow down and wondered how to phrase the fact that Tarok still had blood around his mouth. Beat resting on the fact she had just murdered a fleeing goblin.

"The longshanks sentss usss. He makes uss do it. He makes all of usss do it. We did the gates.. The longbones did the bones.. I don't know it anymore!"

Did make him intimidating, the boots and the blood. Maybe she should just gloss over the entire thing and not bring it up. Besides, he was busy interrogating the goblin.

"Where is the longshanks?"

"Longshanks" wouldn't be here, because "Longshanks" was the force organizing the raid, and the raid had a different purpose than just destruction. The half-orc applied more pressure with his boot, trying to squeeze out an answer out of the struggling goblin. Poor creature. Being crushed beneath the heavy boot of blood-splattered tower of muscle.

"I don't knowsss. He was in the woodsss with us. He told uss to go!

A chill gradually settled into Liresha's pounding head and she snaked one hand towards her hip flask, needing to steady her nerves. Think. There's a jolly crowd on a jolly day, and someone want something from the town, but don't want anyone to notice them getting it. So what would you do? Browbeat a bunch of goblins into causing a ruckus, and then nip in and grab whatever stuff while no one being the wiser.

"What do you mean by "longbones"? And what bones where they getting?"

"Probably goods, money - bones of the new church, the donation kibbles?"

That meant they'd been fighting someone's stooges, playing into the entire idea of a good distraction - which made a poor reason to kill someone. Maybe it was a good time to step away from the eager half-orc and earnest scholar, ask May about the town.

".... more so he is a part of me really in a way, being my Eidolon"

Ah, she was busy negotiation the non-sale of her bound entity. Taking another sip from her hip flask, Liresha decided she could wait for an opening in the conversation. Impressive that the harried noble could jump from scared to soliciting for more vassals in the blink of an eye, chattering away. At brief lull in their dialogue, Liresha pounched.

"Eh, Missus Alastein? The goblin mentioned "bones" n' "longbones". Ken you know the sheriff and the Father. I think the greens were looking for something, secret-like. So they should, uh, know..."

Dear Desna, up close the man was distracting. Wonder how much his clothes cost. Probably more than her everything.

"... If you have the... time. You know what the greens mean with "bones?""

Spoiler
    Show
    Words words words.