New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 51 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast

Thread: Runelords IC

1. - Top - End - #91
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Runelords IC

Tarok grumbles as Shayliss makes her way out of the tavern with the oblivious Raigard. Maybe he shouldn't have expected it to go any other way; human women aren't especially well-known for their love of orcs. What was that one expression? "Once you go green, you'll never be clean?"

The ranger takes a drink of the tepid water in his mug, and wonders if it's too early for ale. He dimly notices May receive a letter, presumably from the noble that was fawning over her and her eidolon the day of the attack. When she mentions boar hunting, however, Tarok perks up and responds, "Boar hunting could be fun. Count me in."

Spoiler: Characters
    Show
    Tarok and Kamo, level 6 half-orc ranger, bunyip-slayer, and all around badass.

I like half-orcs

Retired:

Aldrin Cress, level 10 human sorcerer. Hero of Korvosa.
    Tireas Slate, level 4 tiefling ninja. Eternally scheming.

DMing: Dragon's Demand

2. - Top - End - #92
    Bugbear in the Playground

Kobold

Looks like th'lad's got hisself an admirer, eh lass?

"Ayup. Be dire scurriers that call for explosives. Didn't even greet n' smile at us bombless lot. Vexxing. Must have a real rat problem - Should someone dash away and check the building ends up rat free and still standing, despite Rag's handiwork"

Liresha blinked, half puzzled. Actually when you said it out loud, it did not make a whole lot of sense for rat disposal to require explosives, let alone magic. And if the rats really were the size of goblins, why would she only want one person to go down into the basement with her... oh.
    She blinked again, then shook her head while trying to stifle a grin. People.

"Or not. Mightn't want to interrupt this handywork.

They were victorious and virile local heroes, and their social graces wanted and desired. Next, some noble would invite some chosen paramour to dinner and then out to some typical upper class activity, like hunting guilelessly through the woods. And there'd be fanfares, and then they'd all get a cake. Liresha lost herself in an inner world of delicious pastries and fell silent. And then May spoke.

boar hunting together with him as th... thanks for helping him out the day before.
    It was always those small stray thoughts you think to yourself to ruminate on the curious nature of the world that turned out to be true, in a gratifyingly succinct manner.

"Oh? Havn't preyed on boar before - your letter, your call, May. Puzzle the dear Aldern might wanna try to buy your companion again, only in the woods in this time. Oi, been meaning to ask ya lot - anyone in town an expert on goblin tribes n' such? Got a hunch, wanted to ask someone."

3. - Top - End - #93
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Khazak simply nodded and grinned wider at the tiefling lass. He wasn't going to be the one to interrupt a roll in the hay ... or romp in the basement, as the case may be. Of course, he didn't really have any reason to be suspicious (cuz he was a guy) and wasn't really all that jealous (cuz he was a dwarf), and really didn't want to leave his breakfast (cuz he was a guy dwarf). So there you have it.

As May read her note (see, there was a good name - one sound, easy to remember), he raised an eyebrow. "Bore huntin'? Ye hunt yer bore's? Or d'ye mean ye hunt 'til yer bored?"
    Life is ... life. As always bot/cut as necessary.
    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."

Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!y

4. - Top - End - #94
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Drothmal View Post
    Of course! replies the clueless alchemist Just let me prepare a little... Now where did I put that reagent...

Ready! declares Rag, clearly pleased with himself, before venturing down the cellar
    The stairs creak loudly underneath Rag's boots as he creeps down the stairs. In the cellar things are dark, a faint light drifting down from the open door. Piles of boxes and racks of supplies occupy most of the space, a large pile of blankets and lone wine bottles spread on the floor at the base of the stairs.

Even as Rag begins to quiz this strange set up and lack of any rats - in fact the place seems clear of any rodents or insects of any size - the door swings shut and Shalyiss giggles quietly, a soft flutter and her dress floats down past Rag as she stands clad only in knickers at the top of the stairs. "Well great hero of Sandpoint - can you rescues this fair maiden?"
    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

5. - Top - End - #95
    Dwarf in the Playground

Erik wakes up a few hours after dawn, which is unusually late for him. He decided to blame his tardiness on the exciting and tiring events of the previous day, although a slight headache inidicates that the cleric might have overindulged in Cayden's gifts as well. Still, a slight indisposition isn't nearly enough to darken the cheerful man's mood, and he is in high spirits as he walks down the stairs, into Ameiko's inn's common room.

He arrives just as Raigard is leaving with Shayliss. Erik settles down on a chair and chuckles. "Well, looks like somebody is enjoying the benefits of fame. Let us hope he doesn't bore the poor lass to death with his screeds!" the portly man breaks out into a hearty laugh. Suddenly, an angelic fragrance reaches his nostrils. The priest takes a deep sniff and walks over to the table on which the pie is set. The pastries not only look and smell delicious, but a sudden a rambling in his stomach reminds Erik that he drank a lot the previous night, but ate little.

With a plate of pie in one hand and a tankard of ale (to deal with the hangover, obviously) in the other, the cleric sets back into his chair and digs into the food before him. He snorts as Khazak voices his question.
    No, good dwarf, we don't hunt bores *munch*, although I knew some that deserved nothing more than being chased through a forest. The quarry is a boar *gulp* - a great, hairy, tusked pig."
    Erik briefly considers whether the dwarf rager used sarcasm, but in his opinion, the mountain folk care little for such triffles - most dwarves Erik met thought irony was a type of fruit.

After a surprisingly short time, the whole pie is gone and Erik leans back in hsi chair with a content sigh. "I've never hunted a boar, myself. Sounds like it could be rather fun. And there's usually a pig roast afterwards. You can't go wrong with a pig roast.
    Last edited by Storm Vermin; 2013-08-29 at 06:20 PM.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Troll in the Playground

After hearing the sound of the door closing, Raigard (who had just been kneeling to see under a particular set of boxes) jumps to his feet abruptly and whirls his head at the entrance...

And he is met with a completely unexpected sight.

The alchemist's jaw drops at the sight of Shalyiss.

Oh... Rag manages to utter as he finally realizes what anyone with even a hint of common sense would have figured ages ago. that's something I have not seen in a long time, I mean at least not since... Aria

Time seems to come to a stop.

-------------

Rag remembers the first time he and his love had been... intimate: They were barely more than kids, but their desire for each other had been building up for years (since the tomboy Aria had starting developing quite alluring curves), and neither the precocious Ismort girl nor the still quiet Maenelad boy had the willpower to resist their instincts.

In fact, it had been Aria who had initiated the negotiations, bringing the would-be alchemist to her room under the guise of needing help with her studies.

Rag should have seen it coming... she even said it was for anatomy...

Once they were alone, the young girl pressed her young, luscious lips against Rag's, then pulling away and refusing to do it ever again unless the introverted teenager broke out of his shell and told her explicitly what were his intentions.

Let's just say that Raigard's filter shattered in a million pieces, never to be put together again.

------------------------

The memory of his dead fiancee hits Raigard like a bucket of ice water (with a few chunks of ice for good measure)

Oh... ehmm... well.. you see... I am flattered... and looking at you I must say I'm also quite tempted... But I'm... kind of taken, you know? I have a fiancee... well, sort of... she's kind of far away right now stumbles the alchemist, trying to explain the situation as he takes a few steps away from the maiden woman.

But I love her very much, and I will not betray her declares Raigard, his scrambled dialogue replaced for a clear statement that conveys the depth of his conviction.

So... unless this is a medical emergency that would require you to be examined, and it would not seem to be the case, as far as I can tell everything seems to be in place and in quite good proportions I should get going...

sorry...
    Last edited by Drothmal; 2013-08-28 at 07:37 PM.

My PbP characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Caelon Ismort, lvl 6 paladin, Kingmaker (Part II)

Gael, lvl 3 sorcerer, Serpent Skull

Ril, lvl 3 ninja, Jade Regent

Raigard, lvl 4 alchemist, Rise of the Runelords

Astias, lvl 3 human bard, Wrath of the Righteous

Retired Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Rennard Balmont, lvl 9 magus Curse of the Crimson Throne (Parts I-IV)
    LIX (lvl 7 minotaur psychic warrior), Fall of the Dragon King
    Revelc, lvl 4 ranger, Origin of Species

gg, N_R

7. - Top - End - #97
    Ogre in the Playground

May looked to the others seeing as they seemed to be quite absorbed into the idea of the hunt... at least the ones who still lingered. In some form she kind of wished to shrug it off, particularly due to the fact he pretty much was asking her out to dinner, something she would likely have to take part in as she felt for the boar hunt to happen. "W..w...well, if you all want to... I... I don't have a problem with it. Its n... not really my thing but It couldn't hurt to try it so long as the boar is utilized fully and with minimal pain possible..."

Finishing up, she did turn to look towards Liresha, using it to her advantage to avoid hopefully any further questioning of the note. Granted it was Liresha who seemed a bit more leaning on alternate motives for communicating with May in particular. She figured it might redirect her attention directing to her question about the goblins. "Well... the sheriff would likely know at least a little something... but anyone in particular..." She ponders a bit trying to think of more.

Actions:
    Spoiler
    Show

Knowledge (Local): (1d20+6)[22]
    If someone else knows about goblins in particular that can help.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Khazak nodded in sudden realization. "Ah ... Yer talkin' bout tuskers! Aye, me people have hunted dem before ... Good eats, 'specially round da cheeks ..."

9. - Top - End - #99

Kobold

"Dice falls, says hunting then. Scum down to that "

Liresha emptied her mug, and then winced. Cheering did not quite feel the same without the acidic sting of two week old grog scrounged together from bits of this and that. This stuff was practically palpable, which ruined the effect.

"It's just why'd they break out the dog skulls for a normal raid?

A quick look around ensured there were no attentive Sandpoint citizens near to spook with idle rumor mongering, so Liresha leaned in over the table and continued.

"I've been thinking and flipping cards. Figure there's more goblins out there, planning something. You don't break out the divine favor without a plan - No offensive, Erik - so I think we might need to ask about tribes n' things "

10. - Top - End - #100
    Ogre in the Playground

May looked towards Liresha, hearing her comment about the goblins again. "I suppose... truthfully the goblins have always been a problem around the city... though not in the extent of the latest attack." She spoke. It was quiet strange to think about it. It seemed... off. Still, the sheriff was sure to be investigating it himself. Were they really in such a position to be doing such themselves?

May looked at Khazak a little puzzled by his remark, not likely hearing his comment or rather processing it in the way he suggested. She smiled a little. "Y... yes, that type of boar. It might be interesting."

11. - Top - End - #101
    Troll in the Playground

"You're forgetting something," Tarok adds at Liresha's theory of the goblin activity. "Goblins are stupid. This was probably just a badly timed attack on the town. If anyone is planning anything, it's probably one of those "longshanks" the little bugger mentioned. Hell, he should still be in the jail cell if you think I should, uh, interrogate him a little bit more." Tarok smiles, showing off his sharp teeth.

Show

I like half-orcs

Retired:

12. - Top - End - #102

Kobold

Listening to the two replies assuaged that nibbling feeling of prickly, permanent gloom that had otherwise been making its home in her head.

"'preciate the offer Tarok, far step just to ease my sense of imminent doom. Let's... not. Nice teeth, though. Guess I just want to have it not be random stabbing, so If'm I'm wrong, thanks"

Suppose goblins really were rather stupid, and easy to rile up. Maybe it had all just been a bet about which goblin could get closest to Sandpoint gone wrong or some religious fervor backfiring.

"If we're hunting, then my gutstabber won't do. I'll try to rustle up a spear or a bow or some-such, meet you lot back here in time for the hunt. Maybe toss in some sightseeing, enjoy the benefits of being a heroic figure, eh?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Shouldn't be impossible to acquire one of those. I'm out of town for the next 48-62 hours on emergency business, so decide how that goes as you like - Liresha joins the hunting party (of course!) and is otherwise nearby and at a hand and easily reachable. I'll try to find a spot of internet somewhere to check up, too, but it'll be a mite spotty.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Titan in the Playground

In the Store

Shalyiss's attractive face turns into something more akin to drawings of harpies. "Examainations!" the pitch rising to shrieking crescendo... "What is wrong with you. Here I am, a beautiful maiden and you say no. Where is the fiancé eh? What has she got th...."

OI! You! The voice coulpes with the door being thrown open and the hulking Ven Vinder - her father - standing there, bald head gleaming red with rage. "get off my baby or I'll get you I will"

Spoiler
    Show

Have fun with irate store owner Rag

The Rusty Dragon

As may reads the letter and is questioned by Tarok and Liressa she thinks of who might be best to speak with in town. Obviously Sheriff Hemlock knows a lot about the area and may have got some more information from the captured goblins, in addition to the two that the "heroes" caught another 3 were also caught. Aside from the sheriff Shalelu would know such things but the elf ranger only passes through occasionally, spending most of her time hunting goblins to the North, and was in town a few weeks ago. That only leaves Daviren Hosk of the Goblin Squash Stables - everyone knows he hates goblins bitterly. Even to the tune of having one he killed pickled in a jar on his desk and the walls of the stable office liberally covered with goblin ears. Perhaps he would know?

As the breakfast dishes are cleared away the party (minus the unfortunate) Rag is free to do as they wish...

14. - Top - End - #104
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DrK View Post
    In the Store

Shalyiss's attractive face turns into something more akin to drawings of harpies. "Examainations!" the pitch rising to shrieking crescendo... "What is wrong with you. Here I am, a beautiful maiden and you say no. Where is the fiancé eh? What has she got th...."

OI! You! The voice coulpes with the door being thrown open and the hulking Ven Vinder - her father - standing there, bald head gleaming red with rage. "get off my baby or I'll get you I will"

Spoiler
    Show

Have fun with irate store owner Rag
    Oh, hello! says the alchemist brightly at the new arrival, waving innocently Nice to meet you! I'm Raigard, but you can call me Rag. And although I would like to comply with your request, I'm afraid I cannot get off her although I think I've read that is a slang term for exactly what we were not doing since I was not "on" her to begin with.

But that is just semantics
    the alchemist corrects himself, clearly not understanding the dire situation he was in

You see, there seems to have been a misunderstanding: I failed to read the subtext of the situation which I tend to do a lot which led to an exponential increase of your daughter's infatuation with the figure of a hero which is actually rather common, if the literature is to be believed, which in turn led to this particular situation. But, like I was explaining to her, unfortunately I had to decline her offer since I am already in a committed relationship.

And if you think about it, you can see I'm not making this up: continues the alchemist, trying to preempt the most likely objection

Considering how beautiful your daughter is and you are adds Rag looking at the girl, feeling worse for her predicament than his own (although this could be due to him being so oblivious of his own situation) why would I be the only one still fully dressed, if I intended to do what you think we were doing?

How to solve this, how to solve this? Rag asks himself aloud

I know! exclaims the alchemist, bringing both hands together in a small clap Although there has been no harm done, I would like to offer you some sort of compensation for the trouble caused by this misunderstanding continues Rag while he rummages through his pockets, eventually retrieving a small vial with a viscous lime green liquid

I'm not sure if you have pest problems after all, that was brought me here, but if you ever do, this should keep most small vermin away... finishes Raigard, offering the vial to the angry man

Spoiler
    Show
    Offering one of my Vermin Repellents to smooth over the problem
    In case that a roll is needed (and I certainly hope not )
    diplomacy - (1d20-1)[16]

My PbP characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Retired Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

gg, N_R

15. - Top - End - #105
    Ogre in the Playground

May pondered for a bit before turning her head up. "Well... as far as it goes, Shalelu is out and not very likely to be back in town soon..." She spoke, more so rambling to herself more then anything. Suddenly her eyes fixated up recalling someone, cringing a little bit in the response to the thought.

"W....well... there is Daviren Hosk. Hes... well... not very fond of goblins so he might be able to tell us more maybe..."
    She spoke looking up a bit uneasy thinking of the man. She wasn't very fond of his well known 'tastes' as far as goblins and using them as trophies.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Khazak leaned back and belched. "Damn good pies,", he muttered before wiping his chin with a wipe of his off hand. "Now what are ye sayin', lass? Are we huntin' or yappin'? Makes no never mind at me, but Ah warn ye, Ah'm better at killin' then talkin'."

He glanced expectantly at the remaining members of the group.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Troll in the Playground

"Boar hunt's not 'till later, right? Couldn't hurt to ask around, but I don't really see the point. If the goblins make the mistake of attacking again, we'll just stop them like last time. Easy."

Tarok pushes his empty plate to the side and stands up from the table. "The new cathedral they built was for Desna, yeah? Might stop by to see what the excitement is all about. I'll be ready when you're off to hunt with what's-his-face."
    Last edited by Blisstake; 2013-08-31 at 01:13 AM.

Show

I like half-orcs

Retired:

18. - Top - End - #108
    Titan in the Playground

The Cellar

Master Vinder steps down the stairs, huge ham sized fists cracking ominously before he stares back at his daughter and listens to the stream of babble being spouted by Rag.

"Shayliss, get to yer room!" he roars at his wayward daughter "But papa, it wa...." "GET TO YER ROOM!" his booming voice cutting off whatever she was going to say.

as Shayliss bolts upstairs clutching her hands to her exposed bosom Vinder looks at Rag, takes the bottle and looks at it suspiciously. "Right Boy. I don't right know whats been going on. You don't seem the predatory sort. SO I tell you what - you get out my store and don't come back and if see you near my daughter again .... you and me will be having a talk down a mighty dark alley."

Threat delivered he motions to the door allowing Rag to leave.
    Spoiler
    Show

Good time to roll well on diplomacy. If Rag wants anything from the General store he'll have to get someone else.
    Other party members are tainted by association with Rag and have to pay 20% more - diplomacy wasn't quite good enough

Back at the Rusty Dragon

As Tarok moves to leave and the others are discussing whether or not to head up to the goblin squash stables you can all see Rag returning.... What expression will be on his face?

19. - Top - End - #109
    Troll in the Playground

Rag was about to point out that "mighty" would probably not the best adjective to describe a dark alley, but fortunately Ven Vinder cuts him off before the alchemist start digging his own tomb.

Raigard then rushes back to the inn, just in time to see his new companions leaving the premises!

Good news! waves the alchemist at the others as he approaches, still half jogging (and the many flasks in his backpack making a veritable orchestra)

There were no rats! Although there might have been a small misunderstanding, which may or may not have caused the general store owner to be rather unfriendly if we ever need his wares. But fortunately things were clarified!

Where are we heading to next?
    finishes Rag with a smile, too excited about new adventures and findings to really dwell in how narrowly he avoided a rather disastrous situation.

My PbP characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Retired Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

gg, N_R

20. - Top - End - #110
    Ogre in the Playground

May had picked her head up as the leaving Tarok was suddenly interrupted by a rather interesting site. She watched rag who seemed a bit... off... she could say? Her eyes fixated on him seeming a little uncertain of her words. Baelthor on the other hands let out a unsatisfied tsk, understanding just what it likely meant.

She shifted a bit before standing, looking over at Rag. "We were heading out to check for some leads on goblins while the day is fresh." She spoke, suddenly noticing her voice having picked up sounding a bit in control of the others. She shook her head blushing lightly. "Ah.. w... w... well if... everyone else was certain they wanted to..." She spoke softly looking down

Her eyes gazed upon note and gasping a bit. She reddened a bit further taking in consideration the fact everyone seemed content on the boar hunt. I mean... its... its just dinner... and I'm sure he wanted to meet with me and such for that... I guess it couldn't hurt to go out for dinner just so I don't let them down in case it might warrant him to turn us down for the hunt... if... if he is wanting to mostly for me. She shook her head a bit.

"T... tell him we accept his offer and I will see him later." She spoke blushing a bit at such an odd thing to be doing. As much as she wanted to just avoid it she would at the very least grace him with her presence and try and straighten things out with both his weird obsession with her as well as the boar hunting which she hoped to focus upon mostly at the time devoid of too much awkwardness.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Troll in the Playground

"That noble fop we rescued invited us to go boar hunting. To me that sounds a lot more fun than asking people about the goblins we killed."

Show

I like half-orcs

Retired:

22. - Top - End - #112

Kobold

There were no rats! Although there might have been a small misunderstanding, which may or may not have caused the general store owner to be rather unfriendly if we ever need his wares. But fortunately things were clarified!
    There was a small what, with who? Probably wasn't significant, because then Rag would have said it out loud and made sure everyone understood. The man did look a little flushed, but that could have been the jog or something else entirely involving basements and rats. Sure had not taken long, though - good for him, he probably had a wealth and breadth of anatomical knowledge to put to good use that made everything neater.

"Neats figuring a clarification. The lot think there's no more goblins lurking in the hold, err, woodwork, so I'll rest my nibbling feelings of ill omens, yeah? Which sorts out that we're... Going on a boar hunt, Rag. Good chance to suss out Varisian forest boar territorial habits and aggression responses when faced with Heroic Figures. Or, y'know, how they taste when spitroasted"

Not that May seemed exactly keen to wander into the woods with the noble in tow. She was doing that red thing people did when they felt awkward, and looking a little put upon. A quick look about showed that Sandpoint's other heroes were all in various stages of preparing to leave behind the succulent breakfast. Liresha frowned, wondering if she should say something to reassure their local guide; "No, don't worry, we're not going to sell of Baelthor for a spare bit of cash, yeah?" or "No no, this entire thing can't be an excuse to get some more time alone with you, he probably just is genuinely grateful".
    Liresha tried to find a reassuring smile amongst her repetoire of expressions. It wasn't exactly the one she used the most.

"Y'know, May, mightn't be fun. If you want out n' he tries to buy your eideolon again, we can just leave, yeah? Until then, I bet it'll be a rollicking time. Didn't foresee anyone getting stabbed or nothing this morning."

23. - Top - End - #113
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HanaRei View Post
    May had picked her head up as the leaving Tarok was suddenly interrupted by a rather interesting site. She watched rag who seemed a bit... off... she could say? Her eyes fixated on him seeming a little uncertain of her words. Baelthor on the other hands let out a unsatisfied tsk, understanding just what it likely meant.

She shifted a bit before standing, looking over at Rag. "We were heading out to check for some leads on goblins while the day is fresh."
    That is a great idea! agrees Raigard, his interest in the local goblin tribes re-sparkled. Should we talk to the Sheriff about it?

Before the alchemist has an opportunity to break into a long explanation on the etymology of the lawkeeper's title (which would be "representative of royal authority in a shire"), the other heroes bring up another line of action

Quote Originally Posted by Blisstake View Post
    "That noble fop we rescued invited us to go boar hunting. To me that sounds a lot more fun than asking people about the goblins we killed."
    Quote Originally Posted by Fibinachi View Post
    "Neats figuring a clarification. The lot think there's no more goblins lurking in the hold, err, woodwork, so I'll rest my nibbling feelings of ill omens, yeah? Which sorts out that we're... Going on a boar hunt, Rag. Good chance to suss out Varisian forest boar territorial habits and aggression responses when faced with Heroic Figures. Or, y'know, how they taste when spitroasted"
    That is a fantastic thesis! Rag says gleefully, barely containing himself from clapping

Although I am not particulary aware of Sus scrofa being able to recognize humanoid statuses, it could be interesting to see if the fight or flight response is altered by the perception that the town has on us... maybe it is some type of pheromonal response?

As for the spitroasting, I could add some magnesium salts to the fire to create a flash burn that could sear the meat, improving the flavor, although last time I tried that we ended up having to clean pieces of exploded pork from the ceiling for a week... I think I have the correct dose annotated somewhere!

The alchemist once again stops and, with obvious effort, refocuses

What time would the boar hunt be? Maybe we can talk to the Sheriff first and then go hunting?

My PbP characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Retired Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

gg, N_R

24. - Top - End - #114
    Titan in the Playground

The whining wander towards the top end of the town slowly takes them up the cliff path to the upper levels of the town and the well named Goblin Squash Stables. The sign - a nicely drawn depiction of a horse crushing a pair of goblins to death a cheery one in light of current events creaks slowly on a pair of wires in the soft wind.

As you walk into the courtyard the smell of horse muck and soft whinnying of the beasts surrounds you on 3 sides as the wagons and horses hold some 22 of the beasts - some belonging to others, others for sale or rent. The main office is a thing of horror to some, wonder to Khazak. Several dozen goblin ears pinned to the rough wooden walls, their goblins names carved into small plinths underneath each one - a deadly insult to any goblin!

On the desk in a large glass jar that is some 4ft tall in slightly gloopy liquid are the pickled remains of a large goblin - an arrow shaped hole in its head. Master Hosk, a heavy set fat bearded man looks at you as you enter and his face breaks into a grin. He shows you a pair of fresh goblin ears... "Fresh from the wee bugger's raid. You don't happen to have any do you?"

25. - Top - End - #115
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Khazak listened to the others talking, smirking somewhat as the alchemist tried to explain the 'misunderstanding.' When the conversation paused for a moment, he stood and stretched. "Well, Biter there kin go see th'temple. Ah'll go wit ye ta see th'Sheriff and ask about gobbos. Then we kin all go a-huntin' fer tuskers.

And we'll make suren this noble knows ye ain't sellin' nobody!"

(DANG YOU AND YOUR NINJA WAYS, DrK!)

---------------------------------------------------------------------
    As they entered the goblin hut, Khazak wandered around, nodding somewhat appreciatively at the work done - while it wasn't his style, you certainly had to respect the artistry and attention to detail.

At the man's question, Khazak shook his head. "Sorry, lad, Ah left th'ears where they lay ... if'n Ah'd known ye were buyin' ..."
    Last edited by Starbin; 2013-09-03 at 03:52 PM.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Troll in the Playground

When Raigard is both fascinated and repulsed by the sight of the pinned ears. The perverse interest came from the unique opportunity of a comparative anatomical study, the revulsion from the unnecessary display of cruelty that clashed against the alchemist's nature as a healer.

Nice to meet you ventures Rag, less cheerfully than usual (so slightly above average) I am Raigard and these are my companions Khazak, Liresha, Erik and May although you probably know her, now that I think about it....

If you don't mind me asking
    continues the alchemist, clearly assuming that Hosk did not

I was wondering what was the purpose behind the display of goblin ears. I mean, I could even understand the collection of ears on the first place to ensure that the corresponding goblin is deceased or in enough financial distress to accept self-mutilation. , but surely you don't need to keep them? Also, just curious, but what type of embalming fluid do you use to preserve them?

Before the man takes offense (or any type of response) Rag finally gets to the point

We are here to find out more about the motivations behind the last goblin attack and to ask if there was any immediate threat do Sandpoint
    Last edited by Drothmal; 2013-09-03 at 05:20 PM.

My PbP characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Retired Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

gg, N_R

27. - Top - End - #117
    Ogre in the Playground

Listening to the response, she let out a soft laugh. It made her feel a little better that they seemed to mistake her nervousness for something else, though of course it wouldn't exactly be enough to make her feel a little odd for the nobles flirting given they did really catch onto what the letter might of entailed. None the less, going as a group hunting shouldn't be that bad. As much as she didn't agree with the concept, she knew Baelthor would be quite adament in trying new things and at least giving a chance to understand others.

May had gotten to the rather notorious goblin hater with the group. No matter the fact she knew his 'habits' it never was enough to prepare her for the sights. A rather uneasy cringe was noticeable on her as she walked inside. Hearing the others take the lead, she took advantage of it to mosey her head down to try and avoiding staring at the rather gross things the man seemed to treasure. She wasn't at all interesting at looking at his 'hobby'.

Baelthor, on the other hand, stood quiet rigidly. The sights didn't at the least bit caught him to flinch. The beasts arms crossed as it stood idle, glancing around the room as if bored. It found quite some entertainment in the odd trophies, even if brief.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin Squash Stables

Hosk looks slightly confusedly at Rag nodding and patting him on the hand with a "Whatever you say there lad." A smile at Khazak's words though, "Fancy a drink my dwarven friend? That goes for all of you. Any who kill goblins are welcome at my stable." He pulls out a selection of slightly dirty shot glasses, each with the likeness of a dead goblin engraved on the glass.

"Lovely work eh? Done at our own glass works by Ameiko's father." Slopping what smells like quite potent moonshine in he offers it round. "Tae dead goblins. And if you have fresh ears I'll pay good money for them. Or if you can bring me a goblin chief you can pick any beast from my stables!"

"Oh Miss May, the white bay out there. Lord Foxglove paid me good money for it. Said you and he was going out for a ride later?"

The Cathedral of Desna

Inside the new Cathedral, its very nice for Tarok. The cool stone and stained glass windows looking down on the half orc. Before Tarok can relax or really explore the balding Father Zantus approaches him, the ceremonial robes discarded in place of more workman like breeches and a stout woollen waistcoat. "Ah, Master Tarok. I am glad to see you. I was about to send a man to find you and colleagues. The sheriff is looking for you. Shalelu has returned, she brings news of goblins. We may need your strong sword arms again. Could you come down to the garrison building? Do you know where your fellow heroes are?"

29. - Top - End - #119
    Troll in the Playground

[QUOTE=DrK;15958303]"Or if you can bring me a goblin chief you can pick any beast from my stables!"
    [/COLOR]

Oh, so they have a chief? asks Rag, always curious about social structures Do you know anything about him? And do you know anything about a particular clan or individual named Longshanks?

My PbP characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Retired Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

gg, N_R

30. - Top - End - #120
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Drothmal View Post

Oh, so they have a chief? asks Rag, always curious about social structures Do you know anything about him? And do you know anything about a particular clan or individual named Longshanks?
    Hosk considers the question. "Aye. Each of the clans has a chief or some champions. Like my friend over there. As fer longshanks, well that's what they normally call us folks. Longshanks or pinkskins - they ain't a fan of humans."