Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default [Exalted DT's] The Guardians of The Five Directions

Exalted Devil Tigers Session
    The Guardians of The Five Directions

Prologue

~*~

You headed down South, as directed by your memories and vague visions sent to you in your dreams.

There were five of you:
    - Euphemos called Shen, the grand actor
    - Sacrier, the Infernal warrior
    - Anyara, the friendship princess
    - Tempesta, the technological Chosen with giant wings
    - Laurel, the helpful shadow

Sun was shinning down on you, but it were nothing (at least for those of you, who internalized Transcendent Desert Creature). It was hot, it was sandy, it was long voyage. You travelled South, still south and south for two weeks already, looking for something - not even you were sure what it was or where to find it. You had only some really old memories, night dreams and your own intuition in the grand scheme of finding...

Finding what?

Your thoughts were interrupted by a sight of caravan nearby.

~*~

The caravan was not as regular as it would seem from the outside. When you came closer, you understood that instantly.

It was a caravan of slaves, moving west-south. Everyone had hands cuffed and a long, heavy chain about their necks. But, the most stunning thing was the owner of the caravan.

- Who are you? - asked Lady of Thorns and Kisses, when leaving her sheltered pavilion. She was a dark-and-green Fae, with big, red lips and thorns rooting out of her body – What do you want from my sweethearts?
    Last edited by Kaworu; 2015-01-18 at 10:33 AM.
    LGBTinP 🏳️*🌈, Furry 🐾, European 🇪🇺 & Schizophreniac ♿, possibly a Weirdo 😜
    Fursona by Sirodbcollie from Twitter

Polter.pl RPG editor

My long signature

2. - Top - End - #2
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: [Exalted DT's] The Guardians of The Five Directions

It was frustrating sometimes, these prophetic dreams. Someone who didn't have any clear means of communication was reaching out, or was it just delusion? It was not odd to find something important that they were sent to investigate, but what was weird was that their leader came with them to find out personally what was out here.

But regardless, here are two women crossing the sands, following their dreams. Except for their outfits, one in blue silk, the other in red, they would be identical, from their immaculately braided silver hair to their shining catlike eyes to the high cheekbones and small smiles of their faces. They carry very little with them, being Desert Creatures, they have had no trouble finding food and shelter along the way.

Spoiler: See The Immaterial
    Show
    Behind these two, in the immaterial shadows of the spirit realm, is Laurel proper, a collection of shining sand in a stolen shape. Those who look would see a kindly old man with long grey hair and a longer beard, skin weathered by the sand and sun, leaning lightly on a walking stick, with a clear resemblance to the living humans. The two women are under his protection, a barely perceptible field radiating from him to guard them from any physical danger. A flicker of green light shines from his eyes as he analyzes the essence of the caravan leader.

Behind him lurks a...thing. Not remotely human. Its six legs don't quite touch the ground. The many tendrils that should make up the rest of its lower body drift lazily, as tree branches blown by the wind. Its feathered wings are folded closed over its upper body, as are its five-fold mandibles. It has no eyes on its smooth head, but looks about curiously, having no trouble locating anyone else. The ghostly man is under its protection.

Fae. Assumption of wood form. Likely possessed an open Cup. Slave-leader. Mild disapproval. Non-hostile, likely knows useful things. His family will go talk to the creature.

"We are Danae-"
    "-and Kalmia."
    The two obvious visitors bow to the caravan leader.
    "We would like to know why we are here."
    "We would also like your prisoners to go free."

Spoiler: Essence Sight details
    Show

There's probably a lot of essence sight going around. I know Laurel has it always up.

The two women are Essence 1 Heroic Mortals who are Creatures of Darkness but Inside Fate, and are under the effects of a Celestial Martial Art, that is (Difficulty 5) Sifu's Useful Fingers from Throne Shadow Style.

Laurel has Loom-Snarling Deception active and appears (Difficulty 3) to be an Essence 3 ghost.

The monster is Essence 5, and seems to be a demon, of a Yozi you are not familiar with, but it has a Lunar flavor to its essence profile.
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2015-01-18 at 11:05 AM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

Anyara walks quickly towards the caravan, comfortable in this environment. Even before her Exaltation the desert was always home. Her cream-coloured robes, almost but not entirely concealing the breastplate beneath, contrast with her dark skin. When she sees the cargo the caravan brings, her eyes narrow in anger and she hefts her dire lance menacingly. She glances at the immaterial man and his strange companion, but is more interested in the fae that seems to control the caravan. "I will set these people free. If any of you try to stop me I may have to harm you."

4. - Top - End - #4
    Barbarian in the Playground

So rare, Tempesta thought to herself as she came to a stop near the others, eyes scanning the various members present as she does. One Fae, several likely soul damaged slaves, and several of her own compatriots. Were she a more frivolous person she might have opened up communications for a friend chat. Instead she hangs back, letting her black mechanical wings fold against her back as she crosses her arms. Tempesta is curvaceous woman, with light mocha skin, azure blue eyes, and waist length black hair. Her outfit snugly hugs to her contours as the heat of the Southern sun beats down on her. Her sleeveless one piece outfit was darker than usual, even with the alteration to her external frame the heat drew water from her. A skirt adorns her sharp waist, it is longer in the back and shorter in the front, with the sides open, a pair of black heeled boots snuggle against her legs as they run up to her thighs.

"You will find no desire to stop you from me," Tempesta asked looking to the Fae with a quizzical look. "As to you... I...I'm not sure." The dreams had been getting a little more insistent these past few days and the only reason she had followed them was simple because she was certain the forces of the Underworld might be involved. It might have done her more to have paid attention to the information that lay within. Tempesta sighs a moment with a thoughtful look.

A yawn reminds Tempesta that she still doesn't travel completely alone, she glances to the silver haired demoness that hovered immaterial behind her, apparently finding this less interesting than she did. "More arrive, Mistress, you apparently weren't the only one being called."

Tempesta nods. Indeed if her dreams spoke true then two more should be all that would added. The Fae was either the one that called them, or... an unfortunate coincidence.
    Last edited by Myllinnia; 2015-01-18 at 06:13 PM.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

Sacrier had been walking for days. It was not her nature to cease from her goals, even her incredibly vague ones. Even as she dreamed, she continued to walk on, her third eye scanning for anything of note. So far, nothing of true note had been found in these wastes, past what occasional morsel she had scavenged for food. Sadly, this proved little challenge. This mortal desert is of little challenge when one has spent enough time wandering through Cecelyn's wastes. This, on the other hand, was an interesting event. A bunch of creatures to potent even a passing glance viewed them as supernatural. Though the rakasha's appearance is somewhat of a giveaway, even if her aura wasn't.

Hm..Sacrier had dealt with those before. Oddly, their a bit more similar to her than she'd like to admit, with their devotion to their story roles. This one didn't seem like it would a challenge to fight, so sacrier is much less aggressive then the other ascendents there. She replies to the Plant-person in old realm while ignoring the other Infernal foolishness"Nothing from you in particular, though your presence, as well as there's, may yet be a good sign. I'm looking for something. Still looking for it, though I can't tell if you would know of it."

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    The third eye is a result of Addition-Through-Subtraction-Transmorgification for Lidless Demon Eye blight, commiting 12 more motes (leaving me with 42 peripheral)
    Last edited by Necroticplague; 2015-01-18 at 08:15 PM.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

Shen

The dreams did not bother Shen, who was the chrysalis-soul of Euphemos. He was used to phantasms, and ephemera was his stock-in-trade. Take his current form, for example. It wasn't too much different from his original self, but the subtle alterations made him into a different person. Wrapped in tattered white desert garb, his eyes hard and his appearance sun-baked, he was the very image of a wasteland wanderer. He was a character from a thousand tales - the drifter who rolled in on the hot desert wind, death and judgement gripped in hands that had done too much. He looked at the Fae dispassionately, then at her cavalcade of servants.

"What I'd like is for you to let your captives go." He said in a soft, dry voice that seemed to chill the desert air. It was a voice of promise. "After that, I suppose we can see."

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

Lady of Thorns and Kisses answered to the questions of Danae and Karmia.

„Why should I know, why you are here?” asked she „I do not know why you travelled so far South. It's your journey, not mine, don't you think?”

„ As to my „prisoners” „ Lady continued „ I love them, I really do!”

As to prove her words, she came closer to blond-haired girl standing nearby and kissed her gently, yet passionately. The eyes of slave girl became haze as the kiss continued. When Lady ended with her, she has fallen to the ground, seemingly unconscious.

„ I love them, I love them all!” shouted Fae. It seems like she was completely crazy – like every Raksha.

After the kiss, Lady of Thorns and Kisses looked for a little while at the exact spot when Laurel was standing. Even if she was aware of Infernal's presence, she did not let him know about that.

Anyara's statement was meet with... unpleasant response. The slaves all around started to shout „We love her, let her be, we like to be with her”. They seemed... genuine?

" Nothing from you in particular, though your presence, as well as there's, may yet be a good sign. I'm looking for something. Still looking for it, though I can't tell if you would know of it."

„ My dear” said Lady with a gentle smile „ I am not aware of your purpose here. As I said to the two girls, you are here because you have chosen to travel far South. It's none of my business and I will not answer your questions”.

As to the words of Shen, she repeated herself „ I love them, I really do”.

„Wait...” she added, looking more suspiciously at the equipment of characters „ You are Exalted, aren't you? Great, I have a little problem. Perhaps, only perhaps if you will help me, I will grant your wish of setting my sweathearts free”.

„ For you see, I am Creation-bound. I can no longer change my nature as true Fae would. For that, I need your help. I am in urgent need of changing myself. Being a Lady of Thorns and Kisses was fun, but I became bored of that form. Could you change me? In a... Lady of Roses and Kisses?” Lady asked, looking at you with hope in her eyes.

Polter.pl RPG editor

My long signature

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

Eh. Hoping she had any ideas about what's going on was kinda a long shot anyway. Sacrier doesn't appear to be the least bit bothered by it. To the Fae's request, however, Sacrier seemed to perk up quite a bit. "NO. I was, once. However, being an Exalt has its limits. I can not abide by such, so I turned myself into something better. While I cannot hope as drastic a transformation for you, for you surely could not survive it, I could definitely modify you form towards what you want. Any specific changes you want? To start off, removing some of the thorns (keep a few, for even the most lovely rose has thorns), softening the skin so it feels and looks more like the petals, maybe making so the scent follows you...."

9. - Top - End - #9

Danae and Kalmia dart to catch the blond slave girl as she falls out of the raksha's embrace.
    There are the kisses. Where will come the thorns?
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

10. - Top - End - #10

As one who continually sought to improve her form, to become the weapon that Oblivion itself would fear, she understood this fae's desire. But it was an odd one. A Creation Bound Fae, severed from the ever changing flow of the Wyld? What travesty did that to this fae? But Scarier seemed inclind to the helping and Tempesta was not one who could bring the needed change. She had only focused on her form and power, always sharpening, always refining, always strengthening. To be a Rose was not easily for her to conceive, roses were pretty they were admired and held, but never free always chained to the one who admired it, for Tempesta that was something unlike her.

Tempesta lets her wings fold against her back and she turns her gaze to the others. Especially considering how some took to the slave's earlier state which was now troubled and in question. Did these mortals honestly love this fae? The powers of the fae were strong against those that were lesser. She tilts her head and nods, "If there is a way, perhaps some of us will be willing to do you such a favor."

11. - Top - End - #11
    Bugbear in the Playground

"I'm not going to bargain. I'll set these people free now, and then I'll help you." Anyara turns to address the slaves. "People. You wear these chains in your mind as well as on your body. You have consigned yourselves to a life of suffering, devoted to a creature that treats you as nothing more than food. Come with me and I can show you a better life. I can lead you to greatness, and lead you with true care and compassion, not the twisted mockery you have received here. Join me."

Spoiler
    Show
    Charisma + Performance social attack to compel behaviour (follow me, not the Lady). Using 9 motes on First Anyara Excellency (helping others, inspiring others, telling others what's best for them) and spending a willpower point for +1 success.

Charisma (4) + Performance (5) + Excellency (9) = 18d10, (18d10)[7][8][1][4][2][8][8][5][6][4][10][5][6][9][2][4][9][7](105) + 1 success = 10 successes, with Appearance 4.
    Possible stunt: (3d10)[6][6][6](18)
    Last edited by Lanaya; 2015-01-24 at 02:49 PM.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

Shen

Shen smiled, his head cocked to one side. His voice was low and sweet as poisoned honey. The Raksha knew temptation in ways that no mortal or thing of Creation born could ever comprehend... but Shen was on the road to becoming the very incarnation of narrative, and to the Fair Folk themselves, nothing was more tempting nor more compelling. "I could change your nature. But to change you for true, I would need to put hands to the grace of your heart. How committed are you to your story? Will you surrender all that you are to become that which you most desire?"

Spoiler
    Show
    This is probably a social attack, but I'll wait to see how Anarya's resolves before I roll anything, to avoid muddying the waters.
    Last edited by WhiteKnight777; 2015-01-29 at 02:23 PM.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground

A look of disgust crosses Sacrier's face as these people continue to talk. A thief who would steal from and threaten someone guilty of no crime. A coward who would hide behind behind others. A liar who would exaggerate the difficulty of a simple task to take advantage someone in a vulnerable position. While Sacrier may not know what the grace he speaks of is, the mention of heart makes his truer intentions relatively transparent: he intends to kill her for merely existing. With her own sense of righteousness driving her, the armored one takes heavy steps towards the fae in relative quiet, aside from her heavy footfalls. She then proceeds to put her hand on the wooden one's shoulders and speaks 4 simple words:
    "He lies. Its easy."
    With this, she brings her hands up and rests them on the Fae's shoulders for a moment. Then, with a quick motion, she tears of the Fey's skin, revealing a new form to lie underneath, one more appropriate to being a Rose than a Thorn.Skin softens, takes on a more appropriately rudy tone even if it more resembles human skin, and begins to smell of perfume

Appropriate to her own anger at the lowlifes who have the gall to threaten creatures so much weaker, Sacrier becomes alight with her anima, a sickly cloud of green light spreading out from her.

Spoiler: Charm
    Show
    Using Addition-Through-Subtraction Transmorgrification, modified by Meet the New Monster. Granting her the Skin Color (Turn wood-like substance to more appropriately human, rosy tones), Hair Color (Turn hair into material similar to long braids of petals), Attribute Reallocation [Stamina to Appearence](as the new form is more delicate, yet also more appealing than the previous one), and Impossible Joints (As her new form is considerably more flexible). This uses up 15 motes, bringing me down to 17 motes peripheral. Roses and Kisses pays 5 Hl as a cost of the charm.

Glowing in her infernal glory, she turns to the liar of dreams. "No need to mess with graces, just tear at the weaknesses. From the strength I can see you have, I thought you'd understand that."

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

The speech of Anyara... did not worked. It seemed like the bonds of Fae love were really powerful. Plus, Lady of Thorns and Kisses was really beautiful and charismatic – much more than any human had right to be. Slaves looked at Exalted suspiciously, do not understanding what the girl is about.

But, it turned out, the speech was not necessary.

- Oh, thank you, thank you, thank you! - the Lady was overjoyed at changes that Sacrier did to her. Her thorns were smaller, her skin soft and good-smelly, even her voice became softer. Additionally to changes the Exalt did, at the top of her head blossomed a single rose.

Now the Lady of Roses and Kisses did a single magical gesture and all chains bounding slaves fell of to the ground. Lady kissed some of her sweethearts (this time this was normal kisses, not soul consuming ones) and together with them moved East. Everyone seemed so happy.

In the meantime, you continued your journey South.

~*~

One week had passed. Your hearts started to beat fester. It was this!

You looked at three piramid before you. Suddenly, you could remember – the biggest piramid in the middle was a ancient Manse. You had KNOW that inside it is the thing you are looking for so desperately!

One problem remained – how to get inside? The front gates were all stones, big, heavy and unmoving.
    Last edited by Kaworu; 2015-02-01 at 09:19 AM.

Polter.pl RPG editor

My long signature

15. - Top - End - #15

They had expected the fae to be at the center of this. But the dreams kept coming. So they kept going south.

They stop and marvel at the pyramids when they come over the rise of the dune and see them. Finally, the goal.

The mortals stop at the gates. "We're going to take a look inside-" "-see if there's a way to open these up."
    The ghost and demon that shadow them, caring nothing for solid stone barriers, continue on through the stone.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

16. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground

furious Re: [Exalted DT's] The Guardians of The Five Directions

"No need, I can crack it open from the outside." Sacrier seems to seethe with rage on her face as she focuses, and the wind around her is similarly enraged, kicking up the sand around her into a frenzy. As she approaches the walls of the place, the wind beats against the walls, trying to grind it into ever more mere sand. She continues walking onwards, not breaking her heavy stride to head through the 12-foot hole she just made.

Spoiler: Action!
    Show
    Blowing a Willpower and 6 motes (leaving me with 8 and 48, respectively) to activate Pellegrina's Fury. All inanimate objects and creatures with essence 5 or lower take 1 ahl per tick, while creatures with essence 6 take 1lhl, and those of essence 7 or higher are immune (and anyone with essence can spend a mote per tick to protect themselves from the damage for that tick).

17. - Top - End - #17

Tempesta followed the direction, set aside by whatever that pulled them all, serenely. Always the calm before a storm, and the tempest to wail against her threats. She gave no discussion to her companions, no indication of her thoughts, especially on how the Fae was tended to. She hovered over the sandy ground following easily, her wings humming with her power, the hot Southern heat and light a minor inconvenience to her. Then they came to the Pyramids and she tilts her head. Not quite her manse many days away from here, but she could made the tremors of its essence flows. They come to the central one, the one that pulled the hardest and then tilted her head at it. Adding a little essence to her sight she attempts to find the not so obvious areas where a door might lie. That is until Scarier attempts to smash through the wall.

Tempesta sighs and leans back, letting them have their way.

Spoiler
    Show
    Not sure that Essence Dissecting stare can find the entrance anyway~ But just in case: Looking for things hiding things such as doors, vents, so on and so forth. Int +Occult and costing all of 3m. (10d10)[2][9][8][3][10][6][1][7][9][9](64)

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

Pelegrina's furry could not harm the dense, hard wall. The manse was really old and powerful and it protection systems were too much for Infernal's charms.

In the meantime, helpful shadow looked at the manse from the inside. The first thing he could look at was a complicated magitech mechanism. However, Laurel was an expert intellectualist and understanding the mechanism was nothing for him. It was basically an Essence observing machine, that looked out for Solar's exaltations and opened the gate only for them.

With new knowledge, Lauler returned to you and told you about it. After using the Loom-Snarling Deception and it's update, you were able to get into Manse.

- Good morning Solar masters - announced cold, female voice - I am Shira, the crafted intelligence bounded to this Manse. How can i help you?

~*~

Inside the pyramid, in the central hall, were standing five golden boards. Looking at the symbols engraved into them, you discovered something called The Rite of Holy Ascension. According to describtion, it was used in First Age to help Celestian Exalted in their spiritual development. It could let Lunar Exalted learn faster Sidereal Martial Arts, help with gaining access to new circle of sorcery or uplifting one's Essence.

You were wondering... could it also help you in your quest for Titanhood?

To perform the rite successfully, you should have a little exotic ingredients (nothing money can't buy), a little more exotic elements (something you could easily create or obtain with your level of power) and...

"Handwirtten and signed document from Lyntek, the God of Exaltation, allowing you the privilege of Holy Ascension"

Damn, the last part can be a little bit problematic...

Polter.pl RPG editor

My long signature

19. - Top - End - #19

Kalmia leans against one of the golden plates, skeptical.
    "I could believe they have some route to power from the first age, but what would a god's permission do for people already this powerful?"

Meanwhile, "Hello, Shira. What does this manse contain other than the boards recording the Rite? Where may the hearthroom be found?"
    Not certain that the manse will respond to someone who is not a Solar, but they entered in the company if at least 1 fake Solar. Maybe it will work.

"I suppose it couldn't hurt to just ask him."

Honored Lytek, God of Exaltation and Infused Power, I request your permission for myself and my companions to undergo your Rite of Holy Ascension. We are not the Solars you originally worked with; we are new things, each one-of-a-kind. This world is in a sorry way, from all I've seen. Help us help make it better.

Spoiler: No way this roll works
    Show

(6d10)[9][1][8][7][5][5](35)
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground

Sacrier's grave visage seems to brighten up as she reads the details of this Rite. No wonder the visions lead her towards this place. This is almost exactly the kind of thing she would have ground small nations to dust to find. As she looks over the list, her smile is barely abates at the relative simplicity of it. Some stuff she could nab from a apocather,a couple that might mean a five-day trek to Hell, then breaking a few demonic legs (or leg-analogues, some of those guys have weird shapes) to get, and one final, ominous one:Permission from a god. This might have been more ominous had Sacrier not had beaten such beings to unconsciousness with her bare hands to see if she could before. The problem, of course, was finding said god.

"And on the more than likely chance he's as deaf to you as most gods, anyone here know the magic that might let us look for him? If we know his domain, than all else failing, we could probably ask him on Calibration."

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

The crafted intelligence answered to the question:

- There is a Yu-Shan gate on the second floor and small heartstone room on the third floor.

Polter.pl RPG editor

My long signature

22. - Top - End - #22

"Thank you Shira. Do you have a visual manifestation?"

The ghost and demon are on their way up, to the staircase already.

"Any objection to all of us jointly attuning to this place? I would also like to recalibrate the detector to allow us specifically to pass, and not Solars in general. We might also need to fortify the gate if we're going to spend any time here, depending on the particulars of its operations."

A quick shake of the head.
    "This is all too convenient. Shira, did you call us here? If so, why?"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

Shen

Shen tilted his head to one side. "Not just any god, however. Lytek, the Right Hand of Power himself. Lytek's sanction could mean any number of things. Access to charms unknown to any but him. Perhaps a good word to the Unconquered Sun, assuming any of us should want such a treasonous thing." He said, smiling bemusedly. He had remained silent for some time, his eyes calculating and thoughtful, but now he seemed ready to speak at length.

"Before we go about doing anything, however, I would like to know what exactly this "rite" does. "Ascension" is one of those terms that can be twisted so many ways, and I am an expert in making language bend like a ball of mating serpents, so I would know." He said, with a self-deprecating gesture of one hand.

24. - Top - End - #24

Tempesta tilts her head, she has been thoughtful as they traveled through the manse. She nods her acceptance with jointly attuning and realigning the sensor systems. But most of all she regards Shen with a thoughtful look. "A perfectly reasoned thought," she says with a half turn of her lips. "What does this power grant us? Is it viable to achieving our goals? Will my evolution be thwarted or helped? I, too, would like an answer to Shen's question."

"Requesting Lytek's aid, and likely by prayer would be simply not heard, Yu Shan after all is a quagmire of corrupted paperwork, our prayers will be lost to the void of that place. Still, there is a gate here, It goes to Yu Shan we could take a trip and ask about." She chuckles and leans back, "As if they will appreciate us even stepping foot there. Still Calibration is a consideration. I'm certain none of us have hostile intent there, no?"
    Last edited by Myllinnia; 2015-02-09 at 04:05 AM.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Titan in the Playground

"Well, the description makes it seem relatively good, and it seems like we can ask Lytec while we get his signatures. This, of course, raises the question of getting to him. Even with the portal to Heaven conveniently upstairs, that still means we're gonna have to look through all of yu-shan to find him. While probably having to deal with any annoying gods who would rather we not be there."

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

- I'm sorry, I was created as voice-only software - said Shira in the answer to the question of girl - I also do not know your purpose here. I am sorry, I lack information in that matter. The gate is ready to use if you wish so. How can I assist you?

As to the Rite itself, there was nothing about Infernal Exalts (which was kinda obvious, since Infernals did not existed in the First Age). By closer investigation, the Rite seemed really harmless. It was just a way to boost one's essence and magical capabilities. Exact results could wary depending on Exalt type and intention in which the Rite was performed. The information was not specific and it was hard to tell something more than general usage of such a spell. It was a Solar Circle spell.
    Last edited by Kaworu; 2015-02-09 at 02:36 PM.

Polter.pl RPG editor

My long signature

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

Shen

Shen looked sidelong at his fellow Infernals. "I have no hostile intent towards Yu Shan. Given what I've seen and heard so far, I'd guess all of us are more-or-less convinced that the Reclamation is a bad idea. If not for what it would do to Creation, then for what would likely happen to us after we've served our purpose to our erstwhile masters." He paused, drawing in a deep breath. He felt power on the desert air, redolent of spice and heat and secrets buried under sand. He nodded at Kalmia, smiling in a way that bespoke of mutual understanding. "I agree with your sentiment, however, that this seems all too convenient. Why have we, specifically been called, and why now? At the same time, it's a hook baited with a prize I, at least, cannot resist. I have a great need for power, and more importantly, for freedom. And if the rest of you are as committed to resisting the Yozi as I am, then you probably have a similar need. We have all seen the might of Hell, and we know how unready Creation is for what to come. We must break our chains and find a way to stymie the will of hell if we are to survive. I agree to forming an alliance - our own imperfect circle, to save an imperfect world. Melodramatic, perhaps, but Shen did lean that way.

28. - Top - End - #28

Tempesta nods in understanding and agreement with Shen's words. Melodramatic or not, she could do nothing but agree. She didn't like the Reclamation, she wasn't too fond of the plans to make it happen. She wasn't thrilled with the state Creation would be should it come to pass. Most of all she believed the Reclamation plan inefficient and controlled by creators too strongly twisted by the past to make an effective Reclamation. Perhaps, however, her narrow sight to her own plans had left her to not consider better options than Malfeas and its way of existence after all Malfeas was still better than the cold harsh hungry bite of Oblivion and the static-like nature of the Underworld. A Creation tended too, functioning, working as it should with its people living their lives, was a much better option, a Creation such as that let her spread her wings, her evolution would be better served in such a world.

"I am in agreement, an alliance of sorts, to prevent that which will be inimical to our needs and desires. Shore up Creation, a Creation that does not care for us, against the forces of hell which fears us." She looks to each of them with her cool calm look to her eyes. "We know power is being offered, and how to acquire it. I believe we should acquire it, but we must be careful in acquiring the hardest part. I am willing to make an excursion into Yu Shan to do so, but more than likely it will be a testing of the gate and its end point. That way we may plan a deep excursion later."

29. - Top - End - #29

This is concerning. They feel the weight of the pyramid all of a sudden, closed in on all sides. Fellow travelers just became potential enemies. The solution is obvious. Lie shamelessly. Lie like a rug. Be their friends and staunchest allies. Join the circle and subvert it from within.

But that's the coward's way.
    "I decline."
    "Neither Creation nor Yu-Shan nor Malfeas are our enemies. If you will be setting yourself against one, I will have no part in it."

"Please prepare the gate for use and open it as soon as we arrive, Shira." Danae continues talking to the AI, completely unperturbed. "If you have any information on the history of yourself or this manse, please present it."

"I am willing to help with the expedition to Yu-Shan to acquire this permission. Anyone can see the use of power."

In the spirit-phase of matter, the ghost is jogging around, exploring the manse as quick as he can. Just in case they need to make a quick exit.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

- The history of the manse and me is nothing interesting - answered Shira - I was created at the beginning of the First Age with the manse itself. We were used by a circle of Solars. It was nothing special, we served just as a way to get into Yu-Shan. I was not used since the decline of Solars. As to the gates, they are ready to use. Yuki, the guardian god of gates, will probably want to talk with you for a while before he will let you pass. Nothing to be afraid of.

Polter.pl RPG editor

My long signature