New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [IC] Adventures in the Heartlands (4E)

Azktor, Half-Orc Paladin

Azktor march toward the others with determination, when he is near he says with a firm voice "They call me Azktor the Blackblade and I was glad that we (Tak and him) did not need to kill you all to get to this scum here!" he points to Modgrim, Azktor them looks to Skadi "You! If you have issues with Modgrim you can come with us to Eubin - the one that hired us for this job - and when our job is done you can have Modgrim and interrogate him all night, I do not think Eubin will care about that and he might even give you all some reward for helping us in this fight..."

Azktor then secures that Modgrin is nicely tied and place a gag on his mouth, he get him and says to Tak "Tak! Give me a hand here. We need to go back now."
    Last edited by Azktor; 2014-02-25 at 11:00 AM.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Ogre in the Playground

It is quite an early evening's sight.

An impromptu parade of half orcs, and one human, marching a bound figure of an growling, spitting orc through the city streets to the Far Anchor Inn. Most adults simply watch in confusion, some try to pass it off as nothing surprising but sneak second glances. Two different watchmen make moves to stop the group on their way but pull back and allow them to pass at the sight of the paladin's grim visage. A few young boys march along behind the line, joining in as victorious heroes returning home from a rewarding quest, at least until they are shooed away.

The Inn looks very much the way you left it, in disarray. Most of the people milling around outside have either left or pushed their way inside. Willie, the moustachioed barkeep, is setting things right and wiping them down. Eubin still sits on the stage, his head in his hands, running his fingers through his very thin hair.
    No longer active in forums.
    Thank you to all who have brought me joy in game and out.
    Praise be to Dakaran for the elf monk avatar! (at rest)

PCs
    Melhved Brombriar, Goliath Warden - Keep of the Shadowfell (retired)
    Aeren Tatallaner, Eladrin Bard - Scales of War (retired)
    DMings

3. - Top - End - #243
    Titan in the Playground

Wind eats her apple as she walks, seemingly oblivious of what is happening around her, just drifting along. She does seem to have various fruit along the way, a plum, a peach, then a pineapple which she examines closely before planting the whole untouched thing in the arms of a passerby. No one actually sees her retrieving the fruit, though. At the inn, Wind just looks around for a moment.

"Hey Willie." she greets, starting to help a bit with the cleanup without any further explanation.

4. - Top - End - #244
    Ogre in the Playground

Azktor, Half-Orc Paladin

Azktor walks toward Eubin carrying Modgrim with the others helping, when he is nearby he says "Eubin, we finish our job! Here is the scum who stole the dagger!" Azktor makes a pause and then end saying "Some of our companions desappeared in the sewers....but those guys here helped us caught Modgrim."
    Last edited by Azktor; 2014-02-25 at 11:00 AM.

5. - Top - End - #245
    Titan in the Playground

Tak, Half-Orc Slayer
    Tak helps Azktor pick up Modgrim and haul him back into the Inn. Tak can't seem to figure out this Wind person as they are walking and finds himself curious about her mannerisms. Once they reach the Inn, Tak sees Eubin sitting down and drags Modgrim over to him. From a pretty much standing postition, Tak drops Modgrim to the ground, putting the end of his Gouge at the base of his skull. "We chase him and catch him. These people helped, others lost in the sewers. Tak bring you back this." From his bag, Tak pulls out the dagger that was stolen and hands it back to Eubin, pressing ever-so-slightly down on Modgrim neck with his weapon. Then in giant, <"You move, orc, you die. Then Tak will eat your heart,"> and after spitting on Modgrim he continues, <"Tak said he get you. Don't you ever think he won't.">
    My Extended Signature, Check it out!

DMing:

Amazing Irish Avatar by Savannah

My own 5e Bard Subclass
    Made by the awesome Wartex1!

LGBTA+ Ally

6. - Top - End - #246
    Ogre in the Playground

Far Anchor Inn

Eubin starts at the first call of the paladin. His hands slap down on the stage and grip the edge tightly and his mind tries to get around what he is seeing. When the orc is dropped at his feet, he breaks his stunned silence by hopping backwards and squeaking. "Mercy!! Gent...uh...gentlemen! You're back! You... you got him! He's here! He's...the dagger! Have you the silver blade?!" Receiving it from Tak, he cradles it gently with wide eyes. "You did it! Gentlemen, gentlemen!" he says warming up and standing tall looking over the crowd. "Well done, men, er.. and women? Where are Harken, Astaroth, and Sarvin?" Hearing they had not returned yet, he looks concerned for a moment. "I'm sorry to hear that, but as you read in the contract, we cannot be held responsible for death, dismemberment, disintegration, or disappearance." He steps back to the small chest on the stage and picks out two small pouches and hands them to Azktor and Tak. "I thank you, gentlemen, for your dedicated services. Your contracts are fulfilled!" He speaks with great ceremony and officiousness. He stands smiling in front of you, shining with great pride.
    Last edited by WaffleLord; 2014-02-20 at 01:44 AM.

PCs
    DMings

7. - Top - End - #247
    Titan in the Playground

Somewhere in the background, Wind is merrily tidying away. At some point, she suddenly has another piece of fruit in her hand, offering it to Willie. "Orange?"

8. - Top - End - #248
    Orc in the Playground

Skadi grudgingly follows Tak and Azktor back to the Inn. Along the way, she makes eye contact with the beaten and gagged Modgrim, "I don't know what these scathebeasts have planned for you, but you're going to answer my questions before the sun's down. You will tell me how to find Boldog." She yanks the barbed crossbow bolt out of his leg with a cruel swipe, then holds the bloody iron shaft in front of him. "No matter how fast you run, Kaival's kiddies run faster."

At the Far Anchor Inn, Skadi stays quiet while Tak and Azktor complete their business with Eubin. When Eubin hands over the two pouches, she raises an eyebrow and steps forward. "*ahem*, if there's some kind of reward on this slink's head, I think the rest of us might be entitled to a share, yes?"

9. - Top - End - #249
    Ogre in the Playground

Eubin looks surprised to not be receiving accolades for his generosity. "Um...well this wasn't so much a reward as payment for doing what they promised to do. In fact," Eubin says, adopting a pedantic tone, "I would be well within my rights to deduct for damages caused by their negligent services. This villain should never have gotten his hands on the dagger in the first place. It is only because of my graciousness, and my wish to honor the spirit of my predecessor, they receive as much as they have. As for you," he says, turning to Skadi, "you were not contracted for services, no promises were made, and no papers signed. Whatever 'help' you rendered, you did of your own free will! You have my thanks, but beyond that, I owe you nothing!" He stands defiantly, proud to have stood his ground, confident of his righteousness.

He turns imperiously and walks towards a shadowy corner of the inn next to the stage. He holds the dagger out towards a dark figure rising from a chair, a woman with light, dusty gray skin covered in tattoos. She pulls back her fur trimmed leather hood to reveal hair that is long and black except for two stripes of white running its entire length. Tak and Azktor remember her from reading ceremony. He presents the dagger to her with a short bow, and she nods politely in return, her attention focused more on the blade. She tucks it beneath her cloak and returns to her seat with a smile, her eyes fixed on Eubin's retreating back.
    Last edited by WaffleLord; 2014-02-22 at 01:40 AM.

PCs
    DMings

10. - Top - End - #250
    Titan in the Playground

Tak, Half-Orc Slayer
    Tak is not one you would consider smart, however he definitely recognizes a threat when he hears one. He pockets his money, his eyes narrow and he looks at Eubin, raising his gouge up, "No Tak, no dagger. Tak no take threats good, wise not to do again. Tak hunt down nasty orc and get back dagger....Tak did good. Would Eubin rather have Tak throw dagger into bay? Me no think so." With that Tak lowers his gouge back down onto the head of Modgrim, at the base of the neck, read to shove it through his head if need be. "What we do with nasty orc now? Some here need answers, we go into basement as ask them?"

Tak wasn't a bad person, but he knew how to get answers out of people if it came to that. Tak looked to Skadi, "Tak help get answers for you." Tak takes out a few gold and tosses them to the barkeep, "For mess....and also for a round for all here. Good Stuff."
    Last edited by Irish Musician; 2014-02-21 at 11:46 AM.

DMing:

My own 5e Bard Subclass

LGBTA+ Ally

11. - Top - End - #251
    Ogre in the Playground

Azktor, Half-Orc Paladin

Azktor grab the hold of his fullblade saying to Eubin "You better never say that again, was we being negligent while we were saving your life? or when we killed a dozen of orcs to retrieve your precious dagger?" He then look to Tak and says "I'm helping as well, me and Zau'nix might be usefull down there..."

Azktor then makes a small cut in his hand and drop the blood on the floor, a black smoke appear in front of him, and after the smoke vanishes, Zau'Nix appear there in the same spot, healthy again. Azktor gives a small pet into Zau'Nix head and whisper "Good job.", he then grabs one of the beer that Tak paid and drink it all at once. He is now ready to start interrogating!

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Since we are on a "little break" Azktor will spend one Healing surge to get Zau'nix back to his side with full HP.
    Last edited by Azktor; 2014-02-25 at 10:59 AM.

12. - Top - End - #252
    Ogre in the Playground

Skadi
    Getting down close to Modgrim on the floor, the half-orc smiles a toothy grin.
    "It seems you've done some wrong here, too, boy-o. Not many people on your side. In fact, the room is fairly packed with those you've messed with. Why not make nice and answer some questions? It's not even you I want. I'm looking for Boldog. You remember Boldog, yes?" She gives him a slap on the face as he closes his eyes and turns his head away. His head snaps back, fury in his eyes, his muscles straining at his bonds. She places the tip of Kaival's loaded bolt against his chest. "No, no! Focus here! He has killed those he had no right to touch! He shall be hunted and run into the ground! Tell me where to find him or be buried with him!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Intimidate - (1d20+2)[14]

PCs
    DMings

13. - Top - End - #253
    Ogre in the Playground

Modgrim

The orc snarls at the huntress but remains silent. Fury flashes in his eyes but he shows respect for the ropes binding him and the bolt at his chest.

PCs
    DMings

14. - Top - End - #254
    Titan in the Playground

"Doesn't that guy clean up loose ends?" Wind drily chimes in, implying Modgrim might not be long for this world because of Boldog.

Bluff (1d20+5)[7]

"Nah, guess not." With a shrug, she is back to cleaning up.
    Last edited by Ridai; 2014-02-25 at 02:29 AM.

15. - Top - End - #255
    Barbarian in the Playground

Kobold

Ogun, Half-Orc Warlord

"Perhaps he fears something more than death. Perhaps there is a threat to someone important to him. Maybe there is some thing that holds power over him beyond death. I know a few things about both. If you do not fear death, then perhaps I shall arrange for you a long life, but one that promises you no joy."

Ogun leans in close and whispers to Modgrim.

"How about a lifetime without eyes to see or hands to steal? You could scrape by as a beggar. In a town life this you might survive for quite some time."

Spoiler: Intimidate
    Show
    (1d20+8)[19]

16. - Top - End - #256
    Titan in the Playground

Tak, Half-Orc Slayer
    Tak is just staring Modgrim in the eye. He hears the words Ogun speaks to him and smiles at Modgrim. "You hear, scum? We leave you honorless. You no can fight.....or run.....or gain any honor back. You be a low thing for rest of you life. You really want that? Tell us what you know and that won't happen."

Spoiler
    Show
    Intimidate (1d20+7)[4](11)
    Last edited by Irish Musician; 2014-02-25 at 10:57 AM.

DMing:

My own 5e Bard Subclass

LGBTA+ Ally

17. - Top - End - #257
    Ogre in the Playground

Azktor, Half-Orc Paladin

Azktor just stay there in silence with a cold look in his face - hand on the hold of his Black Fullblade - looking to Modgrim with murderous intention. At the same time Zau'Nix is growling and showing his fangs.

Spoiler: Azktor's Action
    Show
    Intimidate roll (aid another): (1d20+7)[18] so I will grant +2 bonus to the best roll, that was Ogun!
    Last edited by Azktor; 2014-02-25 at 11:09 AM.

18. - Top - End - #258
    Ogre in the Playground

Modgrim
    Something in the warlord's words strikes home with the orc leader. So much so he doesn't even seem to notice Tak's threat. The appearance of the spirit dog unnerves him further.

"I do not fear you!" he lies. "None of our tribe need waste its time with you! If you wish to bother Boldog to beg your deaths, so be it. You will find him up the River Reaching at the foot of Skull Gorge. Before he cuts out your tongues, be sure to tell him that you are gifts from Modgrim."

He ceases struggling and sits calmly, stoically awaiting his fate, silently dismissing you.

PCs
    DMings

19. - Top - End - #259
    Titan in the Playground

"Great! When do we leave?" Wind says in the background, done cleaning up and ready to go.

20. - Top - End - #260
    Ogre in the Playground

Azktor, Half-Orc Paladin

Azktor come close to Modgrim and says "You better not be lying or else I will come here to kill you myself and feed you to Zau'Nix." there is no lies in Azktor words.

Spoiler: Azktor's Actions
    Show
    Insight roll: (1d20+7)[16] -> to see if he is lying about where Boldog is.

I will not roll a new Intimidate, because that over there was just for roleplay reasons. And also Azktor will keep to that promise!
    Last edited by Azktor; 2014-02-28 at 02:37 PM.

21. - Top - End - #261

Kobold

"What should we do with him," Ogun wondered. "If he has committed a crime for which he can be punished, best have to local authorities deal with him. Otherwise we should remove him from the city and pass judgement ourselves."

22. - Top - End - #262
    Titan in the Playground

"We'll drop him off at the guards' place on the way." Wind waves the innkeep goodbye and heads out, then makes a turn to head towards the city gate.

23. - Top - End - #263
    Titan in the Playground

Tak, Half-Orc Slayer
    "Tak normally give over to guards, but in this case Tak no mind taking care of Modgrim himself. But Tak will do what others think best."

DMing:

My own 5e Bard Subclass

LGBTA+ Ally

24. - Top - End - #264
    Orc in the Playground

Skadi spits on the floor in front of Modgrim, grins, and steps away to think for a moment while the others debate the Orc's fate. She strokes the butt of her crossbow, deep in thought, before nodding her head as she comes to a decision.

Turning back to the rest of the group, Skadi says, "I've heard rumours of Orc business happening down in Skull Gorge, but I wasn't about to risk the trip myself until I knew for sure if Boldog was there." The Hunter lowers her voice and leans in, continuing in a conspiratorial whisper, "There's a price on Boldog's head in a dozen tribes across the Northern lands. Hells, there's a clan of Dwarves under the Galenas who are offering a mug full of gems just for his thumbs! I've got my own reasons for hunting the filthy barlgura, but there's no way I'll get anywhere near him on my own."

She pauses for a moment, letting it sink in to the others what she is about to ask. "With your help, I'm sure we could reach the Gorge, take care of any threats to the people here, and put an end to Boldog. The evil he has brought forth, the pain he has caused everywhere he travels, believe me when I say the gods would smile on you for sending him to the Raven's embrace. And if that doesn't sway you, like I said, we spend a month auctioning off pieces of his body to all those he has wronged, and we'll be able to spend the rest of our lives lazy, fat, and rich!"

25. - Top - End - #265
    Ogre in the Playground

Azktor, Half-Orc Paladin

Azktor thought that was a interesting opportunity and said "Tons of gold and a chance to kill some orcs, sounds good for me. I've got some bussiness to handle, but we can meet tomorrow morning at the city gates." Azktor will wait for the others to answer and then he will left for the stores and them probably sleep for today.
    Last edited by Azktor; 2014-03-05 at 09:30 PM.

26. - Top - End - #266
    Titan in the Playground

Wind pokes her head in through the door, looking at the others in confusion, silently asking why they are still there.
    Last edited by Ridai; 2014-03-06 at 04:19 AM.

27. - Top - End - #267
    Titan in the Playground

Tak, Half-Orc Slayer
    Tak sees Wind's silent questioning and almost jumps in getting Modgrim up. "You run, filth, you die," Tak warns the orc. "You go buy things, and we meet in one hour to go. Meet by city gate." Tak nods at Azktor and once up, Tak marches Modgrim straight to the magistrate's office, making sure that Eubin accompanies him. Tak talks to a guard inside, "This Modgrim. He steal dagger from Eubin. We turn him in now. Any price on his head?" Then he looks over at Eubin, "You tel them how he stole."

DMing:

My own 5e Bard Subclass

LGBTA+ Ally

28. - Top - End - #268

Kobold

Ogun contemplates the offer for a moment.

"I hail from the Kingdom of Many-Arrows. Their tribe is not of our people so we owe them no loyalty. But their paths may cross ours from time to time and thus they must learn their place. So I will go with you to seek out this Boldog."

29. - Top - End - #269
    Orc in the Playground

"Well now, looks like we got us a proper hunt!" Skadi claps her hands together loudly in excitement. "If we're going to head upriver, we're going to need a boat." Skadi adds with a wry grin, "Gee, I wonder if there's a ship nearby that isn't being used any more, and might even let us get close to the Gorge without raising alarm..."

30. - Top - End - #270
    Ogre in the Playground

Tak
    Spoiler
    Show
    The guard stares wide eyed at the approaching group, but, once hearing the half-orc's grunts followed by Eubin's long winded description of events, he summons a guard patrol who takes Modgrim into custody.

The odd dwarf mops his brow. "Such a day, such a day. I'm very glad it's over. I don't know how Donal did it for a living. Not worth it, not cost effective. Well, thank you for your service. Good day, good day." He hustles off down the street, taking out his bound sheaf of papers, and jotting more notes in the margins.

PCs
    DMings