New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Inside 54

Docks

Resting in the water at pier 4 is a three masted ship. The name on the side is The Cloud, and there appears to be a kobold mopping the deck. At least someone is there.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Barbarian in the Playground

Docks

And Tovia is Toby Druid genderbent specifically to match Reina's curves. She's wearing the tight blue top and super short shorts of Lara Croft's outfit. She's also maundering in a sexy voice. So like I was saying, the macuahuitl is an interesting choice for murder weapon. The obvious answer is that we're looking for an Aztec warrior, right? I mean, that would make finding this guy super easy. Buuut, you know as well as I do that the Nexus likes making things hard. So, let's look at the noncultural characteristics of the macuahuitl. First of all, it's made out of wood and obsidian. No metal at all. It's far too long to be easily concealed, so we can rule out someone who has to deal with metal detectors. So we could be looking at some sort of nature themed person, who disdains modern weaponry. But this sword is actually popular among many hipsters now that the katana is done to death. It's said to be strong enough to decapitate a horse. And there is some truth to this: I myself have surgical scalpels made with obsidian blades. They're incredibly sharp. We're talking only 3 nanometers thick. Any psycho killer with a penchant for interesting weapons that are sharper than razors would want a macuahuitl. Unfortunately, we can't really do anything with this conjecture...
    “Me quoque per multos similis fortuna labores
    iactatam hac demum voluit consistere terra.
    Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.”

– Publius Vergilius Maro, The Aeneid

3. - Top - End - #243
    Ogre in the Playground

Docks

"... We could just post an ad saying we found someone's macuahuitl and want to return to them. Very few killers would ignore that." And if the murderer does, then that tells them something about their personality I'm sure Tovia can elaborate on.

Reina does spend a great deal of time looking at Tovia, so she almost misses the kobold. When she does notice him, she waves to him and shouts to him. "Excuse me! Excuse me! We're looking for a Pete."
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

4. - Top - End - #244

Docks

The kobold walks over to the side of the ship and looks down at the pair.

"Didn't know that Pete had some lady friends. Ay, there be a Pete here. What ye wanting him for?"
    Last edited by ThePhantom; 2013-09-07 at 10:20 AM.

5. - Top - End - #245
    Ogre in the Playground

[Remnant Station]

...Yep, she figured it'd be bad. "Alright, first I need your names and your son's name. Then I need you to tell me everything you can remember before your son disappeared. If he was behaving oddly, where he was, what he was doing. Anything might help. I'll need a picture of him too."

[Bast's Animal Shelter]

Arel doesn't say anything more. Her eyes stay closed and soon she's drifted off into a peaceful sleep.

6. - Top - End - #246

Remnant Station

"We're James and Martha Saunders," James says before fishing into his pocket for his wallet, "and our son's name is Timothy."

"We last saw him when we left for work yesterday morning," Martha explains. "He wasn't acting any different than usual, but we think we know why he left. When we got home, there was a huge hole in a wall in our house. We thought after he made the hole, he got scared and ran off, but we thought he'd be back."

"That was before we found out he packed clothes and food," the husband adds, handing over a picture of a curly haired twelve year old boy who seems to be doing his best to smile. "Even then we figured he'd be back before dinner. It's not the first time he's broken something on accident..."

A look passes from the husband to his wife, asking her permission to go on. She gives a determined nod of her head. Absolutely nothing should be kept from the police if they want to find their son.

"He's also got psychic powers. Psychomorphosis, the doctor's say. Can make shapes with his mind you can touch but can't see. He also doesn't have a strong grip on it sometimes."

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

7. - Top - End - #247

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    Docks

"... We could just post an ad saying we found someone's macuahuitl and want to return to them. Very few killers would ignore that." And if the murderer does, then that tells them something about their personality I'm sure Tovia can elaborate on.

Reina does spend a great deal of time looking at Tovia, so she almost misses the kobold. When she does notice him, she waves to him and shouts to him. "Excuse me! Excuse me! We're looking for a Pete."
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePhantom View Post
    Docks

The kobold walks over to the side of the ship and looks down at the pair.

"Didn't know that Pete had some lady friends. Ay, there be a Pete here. What ye wanting him for?"

Tony is better at this anyway.
    The Druidess mutters to herself before looking at the kobold. We're investigating a murder Pete witnessed. We just have a few questions for him.

8. - Top - End - #248
    Ogre in the Playground

Docks

"What h... she said!" Reina adds.

Tony's not here so no help for them there.

Bast's Animal Shelter

Rein falls asleep!
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2013-09-07 at 02:33 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

9. - Top - End - #249

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    Grey Zone- Raygun Theater

"Huh. Wouldn't have put you for a loan shark. Should, uh, should I be worried?" He laughs into the back of his hand, but when the laughter passes, he's left looking worried and pale. The energy he had a moment ago ebbs. "Er, the sentiment though, uhm... I appreciate it." It would be a lie to say that all this business doesn't worry him, that nearly having died hasn't shaken him. It's.. nice, having somebody watching his back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [National Park - Underground]

One Ariados smacks into the other and they both scurry off, but only to be replaced by another five of them. Alyx may be in big trouble if she doesn't do something quick.

[Bast's Animal Shelter]

"Alright. I'll be waiting for you." Arel says with a small smile. She looks forward to finally being able to share a bed with him again, and she's not going to fall asleep before she gets a chance to be aware of it.
    Sheol HQ

Or branch office as the case may be. Reinholdt heads in here. There were a lot of promises on the wall that Rein's skeptical of. But they mentioned the magic word: Money.

Cybil laughs at the loanshark suggestion. She had been taught basic economics as a knight though. "Let's just relax and watch the movie shall we? I want to see the superheroes." She will pay for both the tickets and the popcorn.

Sheol HQ

The location of the branch office is an unimpressive affair, being on the second floor of a old office complex. Looks like someone went for the cheap suit, can't be expensive to hire a part of this run-down building.

The inside have been redecorated however, with dark red walls, strange thorny pot plants that appear to double as pest control judging by how one of them just ate a fly flying by. A group of imps are currently busy installing what appears to be an air condition. Behind a office by the large windows a hooded gestalt towers over the smaller devils. The two horns and red glowing eyes are the only things visible in the darkness of the hood.

As Rein enters he looks his way. "Welcome to SHEOL Inc. How may I help you?"

Time to retreat. Alyx simply turns to the exit and will simply teleport away from the angry bug pokemons. With a little luck Beatrix, or at least one of her other pokemons were on their way...

10. - Top - End - #250

Docks

A murder huh? Well, that's important enough. The kobold lowers the gangplank.

"Alright then, ye can come aboard. Pete's down below."

11. - Top - End - #251
    Ogre in the Playground

Sheol HQ

"Hi, uh, yes. I heard you have... employment opportunities?" Reinholdt says, wringing his hat and glancing around on occasion. "I'd like to learn more."

Docks

"Thanks." Reina comes aboard and heads below, looking for Pete!
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

12. - Top - End - #252

Docks

Tovia bites her lip as she boards the ship, trying to drag what she knows of maritime protocol out from the deep recesses of her memory. Last time I did this, it was with two sideboys...

13. - Top - End - #253

Docks

In the lower part of the ship, a man wearing a green vest over a black shirt sits on a bench, polishing a rifle. He looks up when Rein and Tovia enter, a smirk on his face.

"Well now, so what reasons do ye have for visiting me?"

(And I'm afraid I have to go now. I have do some work, be back late.)

14. - Top - End - #254
    Ogre in the Playground

Docks

"We heard you were the person who found Kate's body in the [park] at [time]. Is this correct?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

15. - Top - End - #255

"Yeah, uh, let's." He smiles again, brightening back up a little. "But it's the villains who are really interesting, y'know, they always get the best lines, uh, the best musical numbers too, sometimes."

Then presumably they go find their seats and revell in the cheesy, confusing, braindead but thoroughly enjoyable nonsense that is Spiderbat IV: Wrath of the Darkly Shadowed Darkness. And the villain does indeed get all the best lines.
    Last edited by ThirdEmperor; 2013-09-07 at 05:08 PM.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

16. - Top - End - #256
    Ogre in the Playground

[Remnant Station]

Erani takes the picture and examines it. She nods and looks back at up at the distraught couple. "We'll do whatever we can to find him. We'll send some people to look around your neighbourhood. If we can't find him there we'll put up notices and send them around the city. And then we can go from there. Leave us your contact information and I'll call you personally once we've found anything."

Darn teleporting psychics. Alyx should just some back here and be... buggified to death like he should! But he escapes for now and the bugs don't know where to pursue him. He'll have plenty of time to wait for backup.
    Last edited by Gullara; 2013-09-07 at 04:57 PM.

17. - Top - End - #257

Sheol HQ

"Of course. Take a seat." The hooded figure gestures towards a seat and an small imp who is holding a steaming hot cup of coffee suddenly takes the cue and pushes the chair so Reinholdt can easily sit down in it with one hand. It then goes back to drinking it's coffee, still leaning against the chair. "You may call me Raffael, I am in charge of this sector of SHEOL Inc. We are just getting established as you may see but as I'm sure you noticed on our wall-poster, we are already recruiting. So tell me about yourself mister...?" Raffael sits down behind the desk, looking Reinholdt in the eyes.

Cybil is as far from a jagged movie critic as you can be, while it isn't the first time she have been exposed to the medium, it's the first time she have seen it on such a large screen. She's completely blind to all cliches and many other failures the movie has. The knight looks completely amazed through the entire movie.

So who is the villain in this movie exactly?

"It really was amazing." Cybil summarizes the movie once they're walking out. "I didn't understand everything but... it looked fantastic."

Darn teleporting psychics. Alyx should just some back here and be... buggified to death like he should! But he escapes for now and the bugs don't know where to pursue him. He'll have plenty of time to wait for backup.

Alyx returns! But now in the company of a certain Darumaka but no sign of their trainer. Oh wait, there she is. In the far, far back of the cave letting her two pokemon move quite a far bit ahead of her.

Now let's see where the spider pokemons are.

18. - Top - End - #258

[Remnant Station]

"Of course," James answers. He fills out any forms and leaves his basic information. "Do you think..." he stops, afraid of the answer. "Can you find him?"

My Characters

19. - Top - End - #259
    Ogre in the Playground

[Remnant Station]

There's only a brief delay before Erani nods. "We'll find him." She says with a reassuring smile.

All is quiet in the cavern as the group moves through the darkness. The first ariados they see is a paralyzed one lying on the ground. must be the work of Shroomy's spores. They find a few more of these, some able to move, but none of them threatening. Just when it seems that their foe isn't going to show itself, several sprays of webbing come from directly above to entangle the pokemon. If they are grabbed, the ariados above start rapidly reeling them upward.

20. - Top - End - #260

The Octojoker and his eight fearsome handpuppets, who else?

The Cat Burglar pauses on the sidewalk, taking in the cool night air. "I thought it was pretty good, yeah. The, uh, the chase scene, y'know, with the Batspider-bike, that was something." He checks his phone for the time, nearly eleven now, before looking over to Cybil. "I guess, er, we'd better go see your boss now, right?"

21. - Top - End - #261

"We better, I still the enjoyed the movie though. I just have a hard time seeing you as a supervillain, you feel more like a superhero. If you don't mind me saying that." Cybil says as she slowly starts to move in the direction of where they are supposed to meet Lavthos.

It's supposed to be at a restaurant called "Wendi's" who Cybil always go to.

22. - Top - End - #262

Grey Zone -> Wendi's

"Mm." He doesn't say much after that, letting the conversation lapse into silence as he walks, hands in his pockets, instinctively glancing to every turn and alley they cross. It's not an angry sort of silence or anything, just, not something he cares to discuss.

23. - Top - End - #263
    Ogre in the Playground

Wendi's

The outside of the restaurant appears like any other diner's, with neon and chrome and large bay windows near every booth, revealing a counter with barstools within as well as the four-person booths.

Inside, a thin red-brown skinned woman is waiting for them, a grin on her face. She'd be pretty if it weren't for that the grin was a tad too wide. Her dark brown hair is tied back, and her waitress uniform is pale blue with a white apron. "Cybil! Hello again. Your usual spot is open. Things going well?" She asks, walking ahead of the pair to lay menus on the table. "And who's the gentleman wit' cha? I'm Flo."

24. - Top - End - #264

Wendi's

"Could have been better, could have been worse. At least the sky is clear." Not that it was all that easy to see at this hour.

She then gestures at the Cat Burglar. "I'll let him introduce himself."

25. - Top - End - #265

[Remnant Station]

There's only a brief delay before Erani nods. "We'll find him." She says with a reassuring smile.
    Remnant Station

The husband nods and the two leave, most likely spending the rest of the day driving around their neighborhood and the rest of the night waiting by the phone.

My Characters

26. - Top - End - #266

Wendi's

"Uhm..," The Cat hesitates, wondering now if he should give a fake name. But Cybil does know this lady, and she seems nice enough, "I'm the, er, the Cat Burglar, the supervillain." He smiles, a completely un-sinister and non-villainous smile, although it could be called 'odd' under the right light. "So, uh, well, you know the menu better than me, obviously, what would you say's good?"
    Last edited by ThirdEmperor; 2013-09-07 at 10:44 PM.

27. - Top - End - #267
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Sheol HQ

"Of course. Take a seat." The hooded figure gestures towards a seat and an small imp who is holding a steaming hot cup of coffee suddenly takes the cue and pushes the chair so Reinholdt can easily sit down in it with one hand. It then goes back to drinking it's coffee, still leaning against the chair. "You may call me Raffael, I am in charge of this sector of SHEOL Inc. We are just getting established as you may see but as I'm sure you noticed on our wall-poster, we are already recruiting. So tell me about yourself mister...?" Raffael sits down behind the desk, looking Reinholdt in the eyes.
    Sheol HQ

"Wellll..." Reinholdt drawls as he takes a seat. "Back home, I was a professional anarchist who more or less stole to stay afloat, though we mostly donated our proceeds to the oppressed citizens. I was brought here by the magic of Thanksmas Santa and now I run an animal shelter and temple to Bast. We've sort of run into a large amount of medical bills and need some supplemental income, so I came here."

"The Wall was sort of scarce on, uh, what the job is exactly though. I don't suppose you could elaborate on it for me?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

28. - Top - End - #268

Quote Originally Posted by Morcleon View Post
    [Atriol]

The girl chuckles sheepishly, glancing away. "Ehehe... that wouldn't be much of a problem, since, y'know, I don't have a job..."

[DMC 2.0]

"And when do you think that will be?" Yuki raises an eyebrow. "All the sides will prepare, yes? And so it will become ever more deadly..."
    [Atriol]

The man shrugs.

"That doesn't matter. I'm sure if you follow his path you may find a way to fullfill your faith."

((Is she just an NPC or a char you want to bring to the Nexus?))

[DMC 2.0]

"I can't say when. And I don't think they prepare for that." Mia heads to her PC.

"As far as I know, they don't think we can do any harm to them, well non that can't be healed. I like to lave them there right now so we won't need to fear. I still have to work out things. The Zombie apocalyps that happened when I build this was strong and I need to get people to help me."

Quote Originally Posted by Rotting Baron View Post
    Grey Zone Street

"I only did what I could, Remnant took care of most of the victims." Ashley says. "I'm not that powerful."
    Grey Zone Street

"Oh, but you must be. Only those with power help people in such a way. And I assume you didn't take anything for it?"
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

29. - Top - End - #269

Grey Zone Street

"No, I didn't need any sort of payment, they needed treatment more than I needed a reward," Ashley realizes that she's slouching, and straightens herself.

30. - Top - End - #270

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhantom View Post
    Docks

In the lower part of the ship, a man wearing a green vest over a black shirt sits on a bench, polishing a rifle. He looks up when Rein and Tovia enter, a smirk on his face.

"Well now, so what reasons do ye have for visiting me?"

(And I'm afraid I have to go now. I have do some work, be back late.)
    Docks

"We heard you were the person who found Kate's body in the [park] at [time]. Is this correct?"
    Tovia lets Reina do the talking for now.