New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 35 of 45 FirstFirst ... 102526272829303132333435363738394041424344 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 1331
  1. - Top - End - #1021
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [NEXUS] WATCHTOWER 17: Through Cloud, Shadow, Earth, and Flesh.

[Obstacle Course]

The shooter begins to reload his crossbow. Needless to say, he won't be able to shoot this round.

One of the men with the polearms steps forward, trying to run him through. The oner one quickens his pace, trying to re-establish the flanking position. Meanwhile, the disarmed crossbowman also hurries, trying to get behind Sica with his short sword.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

2. - Top - End - #1022
    Ogre in the Playground

Obstacle course

Sica dodges out of the way, slashing the man from his right shoulder to his left waist. Whether or not this works, Sica tries to grab the polearm and impale thenother polearm wielder with it. If all this works, Sica will maneuver himself to be able to see all his opponents (however many are alive).
    Avatar made by Bradakhan| Other avatars.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TFT on quicktopic
    Oh no, Duck999 is a mason.

How can I possibly suspect you of being a wolf now? :(

:P
    Quote Originally Posted by Legato Endless View Post
    Duck: Mason. A really shifty mason, but a confirmed role nonetheless.

Slii: Slii is town. He looks better than Duck even with that mason claim.

3. - Top - End - #1023
    Titan in the Playground

[Obstacle Course]

The man is slashed, the sword striking under his armour. The hologram doesn't make a sound, though. He falls to his knee and Sica will be able to acquire his weapon. The obstacle course seems to account for that, although he won't be able to feel its weight, for obvious reasons. The other polearm wielder and the disarmed crossbowman back away a little.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

4. - Top - End - #1024
    Ogre in the Playground

Obstacle Course

Sica throws the polearm, the point aimed at the polearm wielders chest (the still standing one), and it flies straight. He takes a firm grip on his swords, leaping at the crossbow wielder, as he comes in range, he twirls his swords, trying to cut multiple gashes in the holograms chest.
    Show

5. - Top - End - #1025
    Titan in the Playground

[Obstacle Course]

Throwing the guisarme works, surprisingly enough, and the other soldier is impaled. The ex-crossbowman tries to defend himself against the ninja's rapid attack, but it's in vain and he quickly perishes. The still-standing marksman turns away and flees, the hologram dissipating.

"I think it's safe to say any real soldier would have high-tailed it at this point, barring fanaticism or mind control," Wenomir observes. "Not bad. Fighting several opponents at the same time is harder than people who aren't warriors give it credit for. I think you've proven you have the skill we expect from our members. Welcome to Watchtower."

6. - Top - End - #1026
    Ogre in the Playground

Obstacle course

Sica nods. Thank you. Is there anything else we are supposed to do before we are a complete member? Meet a leader? Or am I just a member now? Also, do we get rooms here?
    Show

7. - Top - End - #1027
    Titan in the Playground

[Obstacle Course]

"You're now a Watchman Initiate. You'll become a full Watchman once you participate in a mission," Wenomir says. "As far as talking to a leader, you're talking to one now, so you've got that covered. Feel free to pick an unoccupied room in one of the barracks."

8. - Top - End - #1028
    Ogre in the Playground

Obstacle Course

Sica looks happy. Mmmhmm. So, how exactly do I get sent to go on a mission? Do I go to get one, or are they assigned?
    Show

9. - Top - End - #1029
    Titan in the Playground

[Obstacle Course]

"You can volunteer if something comes up. Or sometimes you might get assigned by one of the leaders," Wenomir says. "Nothing stops you from looking for trouble and fixing it on your own, either."

10. - Top - End - #1030
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Obstacle Course]

"You can volunteer if something comes up. Or sometimes you might get assigned by one of the leaders," Wenomir says. "Nothing stops you from looking for trouble and fixing it on your own, either."
    Sica nods, waving and heading inside.
    Show

11. - Top - End - #1031
    Bugbear in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Fan View Post
    Hayden nods, and pays attention for the duration of the story, letting the healer work her magic during what had to be for him to get walking again, and once he was done it happened to also align with him being ready to stand more than him being fully healed.

After all, he wasn't sure if DC got away safe, and as his comrade in arms he couldn't go on with himself if he didn't at least go look. A hero never leaves a comrade behind if he can help it, and though his comrade may have finished the battle, our hero would make sure that he would find his way home!

"An inspirational story, but.. I think it's time for me to go out and write a new one. As a hero I cannot leave an injured friend to fend for himself, thus, as repayment for him insuring that I received treatment myself I must ensure his safety!"

He says, slamming his fists together before roaring out into the room, as his afterburners opened up at the back of his legs. Hayden addopted a running position and as quickly as he came the man took off at a full sprint out of the infirmary, and away from watch to go search for his comrade without a single thought as to basic things like.. asking any of the watch people where he might be if he wasn't here, or talking to the drone that was obviously controlled by him given it knew was he was. For though our hero was brave and tenacious, he was also about as smart as a box of bricks.
    Quote Originally Posted by aric_kale View Post
    Hospital Tower

Marcus gives a slight smile. This man's enthusiasm was admirable. Marcus Hostilius Regulus. I was born in a place called Scotland. A land of beauty, roaring waters beating against cliffs, tall trees, and long pastures...One day, when I was 16, I was captured by Romans, the most powerful people in the world. Rome...what a glorious place.
    Naturally, I didn't think so at first, for I was made a gladiator...a slave trained to fight for the amusement of others. Luckily, I was entertaining enough for a prominent Roman family to adopt me and raise me as their own. That is where I earned my name; before, I was known simply as Ail.
    He pauses for a moment. It had been a long time since he had told his story and his writer needs to make sure everything works, since it's going to be canon. Anyways, they gave me the opportunity to join the Roman army, and I swiftly climbed the ranks until I was among the defenders of Rome. I was a Praetorian Cohort. Then, one day, we were sent out to fight the Carthaginian army. I'll have you know, they were a powerful foe. We won, but at a terrible cost, and somehow, me and a few of my companions made it to the Nexus, where all but myself were killed.
    Then I discovered WATCHTOWER, and have tried to defend my new home. All I desire is an honorable death, worthy of songs.

Hospital Tower

Mia just sights after she is done with Hayden and he run out for more heroic adventures.

"He might be the right attitude, but he acts very stupid. I'm just happy that the future he tells isn't nessessary the one that comes." Mia says, obviously speaking with her Robot, which might appear strange for Marcus.

Then she heads over to Marcus, taking note that his injures heal well and fast. Well, at least faster then normal.

"Do you any treatment?" She asks the man.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

12. - Top - End - #1032
    Halfling in the Playground

[Training Grounds]

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post

Wenomir does stumble backwards slightly, but he does manage to raise his sword in a defensive position. Then, however, he raises his left arm. palm open.

"I think I've seen enough for now."
    John may very well have cheated a little, pressing on the blade with his other hand to drive it up, but it worked all the same. Besides, had it been a real sword and double-edged, the armor on his hands is far too thick.

The corporate soldier's just about to dive on his opening when Wenomir calls a halt. He looks... disappointed. "Talk about anticlimactic. Well? Just how good am I?"
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

13. - Top - End - #1033
    Titan in the Playground

[Training Grounds]

"I'd keep it up if I could, but I'm not well enough for a prolonged duel yet, it seems," Wenomir says. He does seem to be breathing a bit heavily. "I overexerted myself, as I so often do. But you're good. Better than most swordsmen in the Nexus. You definitely have what it takes to belong here."
    Last edited by Morty; 2014-02-24 at 07:43 AM.

14. - Top - End - #1034

[Training Grounds]

John swells with a bit of pride. Coming from someone who was so clearly an old pro, that meant a lot. "We'll pick it up again when you're good n' well. You remember that," He gives a half-smile and moves to replace the practice blade. If Wenomir tosses his over, John'll catch it and put it away too. A hand is held out just to facilitate this.

"So what's next?"

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

15. - Top - End - #1035
    Titan in the Playground

[Training Grounds]

Wenomir tosses the training sword over to John.

"You're now a Watchman Initiate. You'll become a full Watchman once you participate in a mission. For now, at least. We're planning a possible merger with HALO, and the rank structure will have to be re-arranged if it happens."

16. - Top - End - #1036
    Barbarian in the Playground

Training Tower

Boris is currently dissasembling and reassembling an SVU sniper rifle. People might be able to hear that he's having trouble breathing.

17. - Top - End - #1037

[Training Grounds]

"Halo, huh? Well, put me on the first thing you find. And if you need any help from Elexxion, well, don't be afraid to ask," John says amicably, looking back toward the tower. "So how're the barracks in this place?"

[Training Tower]

A very familiar voice emanates from behind the sniper. One colored with a bit of concern. "Boris?" She's unsure what to say. How to start. And the sniper doesn't sound so good.
    Last edited by Murkus; 2014-02-24 at 06:06 PM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

18. - Top - End - #1038

Training Tower

Boris takes a deep breath, seeming to deal with some kind of pain, looking back at the source of the voice. "Cornelia." Then he goes right back to his rifle. Well, that's not a great start.

19. - Top - End - #1039
    Titan in the Playground

[Training Grounds]

"They're comfortable enough. We just got another new recruit, so we can put you both on the first thing that comes up," Wenomir says. "And we'll see how the HALO merge thing goes."

20. - Top - End - #1040

[Training Tower]

"Boris, I came t'talk," Cornelia declares, taking a few steps up behind Boris and trying to place a firm hand on his shoulder. She considers asking if it's a bad time, but damn it, she doesn't want to wait any longer. The gunsmith frowns. "Won'tcha even look at me?"

Boris's cursory glance will have revealed a very different Cornelia. She's wearing somewhat more modern, 21st century clothes, a low-cut blue blouse and jeans. Her face is touched lightly by actual make-up, something he'll have rarely seen on her before, and her hair's been bound back in one long elaborate braid.

[Training Grounds]

"Anything else I ought to know then?" John asks, glancing at Wenomir and standing at ease.
    Last edited by Murkus; 2014-02-24 at 07:43 PM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

21. - Top - End - #1041

Training Tower

Boris grabs a small brush to clean the rifle's rotating bolt, despite the fact that it's already been scrubbed clean. He doesn't react to Cornelia's hand on his shoulder. "What is there to say?" His voice is pained, but that's more due to having a fractured rib than anything else. "You're going to work for a man who deserves to die."
    Last edited by Devixer; 2014-02-24 at 11:07 PM.

22. - Top - End - #1042
    Titan in the Playground

[Training Grounds]

"Not at this moment," Wenomir says. "Take the time to familiarize yourself with the base and other members."

23. - Top - End - #1043

[Training Grounds]

"Right. I'll give myself a tour then," John says, not bothering to ask if there's anywhere he shouldn't be. The cyborg nods to Wenomir and walks off into the primary tower, deciding he'll start there.

[Training Tower]

"Really? That's what yer hung up on?" Cornelia asks, anger rising in her voice. "Thas' what's gon'ta come between us?" There's a hint of sadness there, too, but she's trying not to show it.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

24. - Top - End - #1044

Training Tower

"What else would you want to talk about?" Boris asks. His voice sounds the same as it has been the past few weeks - cold, devoid of anything that he once felt. He starts to put together his rifle now.

25. - Top - End - #1045

[Training Tower]

"Ye know exactly what I want t'talk about, Boris," Cornelia says, stepping up beside him and frowning down at him. She makes no attempt to hide the concern on her face. Or the annoyance.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

26. - Top - End - #1046

Training Tower

"No, I don't," Boris says, placing the receiver in its proper place. He takes another deep breath, wincing in pain. Cornelia can probably see that he hasn't bothered to look at her.
    Last edited by Devixer; 2014-02-26 at 04:58 PM.

27. - Top - End - #1047
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    [Training Grounds]

"Right. I'll give myself a tour then," John says, not bothering to ask if there's anywhere he shouldn't be. The cyborg nods to Wenomir and walks off into the primary tower, deciding he'll start there.
    On his way there, he will likely run into Sica, another new member. Sica wears full black, only revealing his dark purple eyes. Hello, I'm Sica, I'm new here. May I ask your name?
    Show

28. - Top - End - #1048

Quote Originally Posted by Rotting Baron View Post
    Training Tower

"No, I don't," Boris says, placing the receiver in its proper place. He takes another deep breath, wincing in pain. Cornelia can probably see that he hasn't bothered to look at her.
    "Boris... Boris are ya all right?" It sounded like she was about to start really laying into him before the sniper wheezed pain again. She somehow manages to sound angry as she asks, "Are ye hurt?

[Training Grounds]

John is approached by what he thinks looks an awful lot like a ninja. Well, that's certainly the most polite ninja he's ever seen. John can appreciate straightforwardness. "John," He says, offering a hand molded inside white synth-flesh armor. His mouth twitches up in a smile. "It's a pleasure, Sica."
    Last edited by Murkus; 2014-02-28 at 08:33 PM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

29. - Top - End - #1049

Training Tower

"It's just a cracked rib. I'll be fine," Boris says. At this point, he isn't even looking at the gun he's assembling. Just... staring, at nothing in particular.

30. - Top - End - #1050

[Training Tower]

"Wha--d--are ya daft?" Cornelia blinks, as though dazed by his response. "Ye need a doctor! C'mon. Infirm'ry's dis way." Boldly, she reaches down to grab his hand and pull on it.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters