New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Halfling in the Playground

Beholder

Default Breath of the stars IC

The 5 of you have been contacted by a representive of a weapons manufacturer saying that he has a job for you telling you that you will be working with four other people. All of you are now in the waiting room while the owner is having an important meeting.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground

ClericGuy

Default Re: Breath of the stars IC

Max sits in his chair quietly... for about 5 minutes before he gets up and announces "I'm Booooooored! Isn't there something we can do while the potential boss man ignores us?" He looks around at the other 4 people in the room trying to catch their attention and have them join in a game or something.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Just trying to kick things off, besides my character is not the waiting patiently type

3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground

Kilgore ignores the the bored big man but checks out everyone else in the room. While doing so he reviews the situation and all that he knows so far.
    Show
    Some basic background? Where are we? How were we contacted? Most importantly will we be fed lunch and drinks?

4. - Top - End - #4
    Banned

Kobold

Pox watched the group that had slowly trickled in after him. He was in the neighborhood when the call came in, so getting here first was less a matter of skill and more a matter of convenient timing. Not that he would let them in on that fact. Trade secrets, etc.

When the jittery hothead finally ran out of patience, Pox sighed. His vaporizer whirred as he took a drag of vaporized gilax vine nectar. It smelled like leather and something sweet. Pox made sure to pick something that smelled nice and wouldn't make the less hardy species cough up a lung.

"Sit down and be patient." Pox said quietly. "This is a waiting room. Not a game room. Not a...." he looked the kid over. "...an arena. Or wherever you were dragged from. Patience is a good thing to cultivate. Sit down and be calm."
    Pox took another drag and puffed rings from his nostrils.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Pixie in the Playground

HalflingPirate

Bon'Chien looks up from his data pad just long enough to give Pox a once over and roll his eyes. "Leave it to the Kath-Chitoi to set an affable precedent. If you're going to be barking orders ad nauseum, this is going to be a long job."

6. - Top - End - #6

Beholder

Quote Originally Posted by Delwugor View Post
    Some basic background? Where are we? How were we contacted? Most importantly will we be fed lunch and drinks?
    OOC: You're on Ersai a moon that's been converted mostly into a cyberpunk city circling around a uninhabitable gas planet named Kru. You're waiting in the waiting room of the Koru Corporation building, a keletor run weapons manufacturing company. How everyone was contacted was up to them. Right now I'm running the waiting room thing to see how the different character's interact with each other and to get a general feel for their personalities.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Banned

Kobold

"I don't want to hear it, fungus." Pox sneered.
    "Clearly you either don't know how to be professional or worse, don't care. He clearly doesn't know how and probably has never had to. It is in our best interest to educate him on the procedure. So that we have the option to accept this job if we like it."

Pox took another drag. "And do take care to enjoy the quiet I've likely secured for you. Instead of b*tching about who provided it."

8. - Top - End - #8
    Pixie in the Playground

HalflingPirate

A smile spreads across Bon'Chien's grey face as he types furiously into his data pad. "Oh, what fantastic barbarism! I was worried you wouldn't take the bait, but I obviously ought not have. This trek will have been worth the inconvenience if for no other reason than collecting first hand data on primitive cultures."

9. - Top - End - #9

Kilgore coughs slightly at Pox's fumes and then say to him "Interesting tastes you have for your vaporizor. If you enjoy such strong flavors you may want to try the rare Jerfaxian blend, but it's very difficult to obtain and only grows on the Keltorian homeworld. Maybe you could ask our new patron about obtaining some."

10. - Top - End - #10
    Banned

Kobold

The Pox chuckled. "Excellent recovery, Fungus. You certainly don't look like an ungrateful Grag-lick." he tipped his vaporizer towards him in a salute that dripped with sarcasm.

At the question, Pox seemed to smile, his antenna straightening somewhat. "I have enjoyed the Jerfaxian blend once or twice. It is indeed hard to find. Luckily I know a guy or two who owe me for not breaking certain parts of their skeletal structures. I keep a small amount in reserve for special occasions. I don't normally vape this, but this is the mildest thing I had on hand. I can put it away if it bothers you. Though you seem to enjoy the pleasures of a fine vape yourself." He reached into his satchel and pulled out a spare vaporizer. "I've never used it. So if you want a drag or two, be my guest. Human diseases don't affect the Kath, anyways. And the same goes for the other way round." He set the vaporizer down halfway between them. "Be my guest. Or don't. Whatever suits you."

11. - Top - End - #11

"Thanks but all the same, I'll pass. Vaping makes my voice sound like a baritone opera singer with a corn on their ear."

12. - Top - End - #12
    Dwarf in the Playground

ClericGuy

Max was watching the confrontation between Pox and Bon, hopeful that a fight would break out, he wanted to see what that battle suit could do. But then everyone calmed down and their was nothing to do again, Max sighed audibly in disappointment "Oh well" he says to himself mostly and sits back down. Never being one to sit still and do nothing he resolves himself to practice the Zetsu form of Asem, he wasn't very good at it yet so now was as good a time as any to practice.
    Last edited by Kilmrak; 2014-10-08 at 07:56 PM.

13. - Top - End - #13

Beholder

After a while a fat human in a suit stomps out of the elevator screaming obscenities in Keletor as he kicks open the front doors and leaves the building, soon after everyone is then called into the owner's office where they are met with a smiling keletor, a large creature resembling an anthropomorphic rhinoceros, at a desk surrounded by gun turrets. "Welcome!!! Welcome!!! Why don't you have a seat?"

14. - Top - End - #14
    Banned

Kobold

Pox didn't hesitate to enter. His walker was open, so he was exposed. But no matter.

His walker trudged its way into the office and then settled again. Pox's four front arms folded across his body. One of his larger graspers took his vape from his mouth and stored it.

"Hello. My name is Pox. It is a pleasure to meet you." Pox gave the Kelotar a standard Kelotarian greeting gesture. It was somewhat clumsy coming from Pox's very different body structure.

"Now, I don't wish to rush things, but I'm sure all of us would like to know what exactly you brought us here to negotiate? And perhaps also wondering why there's so much hardware aimed at us."

15. - Top - End - #15
    Dwarf in the Playground

ClericGuy

Max looks at the Keletor and the guns that are aimed at us and walks right into the room a beat after Pox saying "Now this should be a fun job, my name is Max, what do you need me to do?" and then takes a seat.

16. - Top - End - #16

Beholder

((ooc:Okay so I'm going to wait for everyone to introduce their character to the boss man before moving on))

17. - Top - End - #17

Kilgore mildly looks at the guns, the fat man and then sits down comfortably. "Appropriate decor for a weapons dealer. How can we be of service?"

18. - Top - End - #18
    Pixie in the Playground

HalflingPirate

Bon'Chien approaches the desk, tearing his attention away from his data pad and giving the weaponry an appraising look. "Greetings. I am Bon'Chien, the Zaitan scientific attachè for this sector. Now, please answer as truthfully as you are able: is the display of potential force primarily intended to intimidate us, or to impress us? Or is it some combination of both. And is this sort of setup common for a Keletor in your line of work?" Bon'Chien waits expectantly for an answer.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

-1 hour earlier, at the space port-

"Sir you have been selected for a random pat down, please step aside." An alien who looked like a hairless Garfield with Antenna ordered Sartorius. The human Assassin grumbled.

"Random my ass." He muttered. Nonetheless he acquiesced the port authorities demand. He walked to them. "Is there a problem zir? I don't think the Xeno-rays beeped did they?"

"Just put your arms up." zhe rudely responded. The cat-like being started patting intensely, despite the short sleeves he was wearing, it was clear Sartorius couldn't be carrying anything. Sartorius resisted the urge to show pain at the creature's claws.

"Could you possibly speed this up, I'm going to be late for a meeting-"

"Are you carrying any contraband?" The increasingly aggravating no-fur ball interrupted.

"Contraband? No, of course not-"

"Depotimine Plus, Cocoa powder, Anti-matter pistols, Light-daggers, undead animals, sentient or otherwise-" Sartorius growled.

"No none of those things." The alien stopped petting Sartorius, so he let out a breath of relief. "Good that's done." Then he heard the snap of rubber. He turned to see the port authority put on a pair of rubber gloves.

"Please bend over." Sartorius glared at the alien.

"If you even think of touching me with that, I will prove I don't need weapons to rip your spine through your urethra." The authority stared at him for a moment. Then the cat quickly pressed a button, and alarms started going off across the port.

"Son of a waxed chimponazi!" Sartorius groaned.

-Now-

After the others entered into the boss room, Sartorius quickly followed in after them.

"I am so sorry about being late, there was a bit of a problem with immigration." He wiped his hands with a red handkerchief.

Spoiler: Sorry guys
    Show
    Really sorry, I was abroad working last week. I'll be better I promise.
    Last edited by CoreBrute23; 2014-10-13 at 05:46 AM.

20. - Top - End - #20

Beholder

OOC: You are forgiven only for that hilarious story and the word chimponazi ;)

"The turrets are here because of my... competition.... believe it or not business on Ersai is a lot more cut throught than most other places. Assassins come in here all the time and the turrets always seem to pick them up. These babies can even break through most ansem shields if you willing to buy. At any rate I called you all here because one of my competitors seems to have gotten themselves allied with a local crime lord named Helmoth, I'm sure you've heard of him, and I'm willing to pay double whatever GPF is offering to bring him here alive."

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by 8balls View Post
    OOC: You are forgiven only for that hilarious story and the word chimponazi ;)
    Show
    Thank you, I try. I just wish I had thought of them sooner so someone could have picked them as a player race.

"The turrets are here because of my... competition.... believe it or not business on Ersai is a lot more cut throught than most other places. Assassins come in here all the time and the turrets always seem to pick them up."
    As he said that, Sartorius could have sworn the turrets twisted just slightly to focus mainly at him. Come on, I was invited in! Assassins get no respect. He sighed internally. Maybe I should start a union?

"At any rate I called you all here because one of my competitors seems to have gotten themselves allied with a local crime lord named Helmoth, I'm sure you've heard of him, and I'm willing to pay double whatever GPF is offering to bring him here alive."
    Sartorius raised an eyebrow.

"That's quite a tall order." He noted, not out of nervousness, or sarcasm, but was just stating a fact, like how weathermen wouldn't know a sunny day from a meteor shower. "May I ask why you wish to see him face to face? Not to infringe on your privacy of course, only for practical reasons." He holds up his hands deferentially.

"I mean, if you wanted to speak to him face to face, I should know, so I know not to cut out his tongue." His last comment might have been either the most deadpan joke ever performed, or a signal for people to take a step away. And no one ever accuses Assassins of having great senses of humor.

22. - Top - End - #22

Beholder

"He or someone he knows has been able to create ansem powered cybernetics, a secret he hasn't even shared with Nova tech the corporation he's working with. I want to know how."

23. - Top - End - #23
    Banned

Kobold

Pox listened quietly while the conversation carried on around him.

"This isn't your average bounty we're talking about." He shifted in his "seat."

"Double the GPF's offer is a good number, but I'd like a few other things. Luckily nothing too big of a problem for you, I'm sure." Pox tilted his head. "We all know where this guy claims to be hiding. But that doesn't mean sh*t. Anyone with half a brain will claim to be somewhere and not ever be there. You're clearly confident enough that this can be done by you and a very small group much more effectively than the GPF's own massive and specialized resources can. I just want to have a look at the data you have before I make my final decision."

24. - Top - End - #24

So do you want him, the information or one of these new asem cybernetics?
    I agree with our polite Pox, GPF rewards are minimal for Hemloth directly. The bounty for someone of his background should be higher, much higher.
    We will also need some field support such as a safe house to hold him, quick transportation standing by to deliver him, all the information you have on Hemloth, contact information with your competitor and a covering expense account say ... (high credit amount).

25. - Top - End - #25
    Pixie in the Playground

HalflingPirate

Bon'Chien listens thoughtfully to the questions being posed before speaking up, addressing nobody in particular. "I still have a great deal of work ahead of me in this sector, both covert and otherwise. Running afoul of the likes of Helmoth could greatly hinder my future endeavors to the detriment of my people's goals. I feel comfortable making the assumption that my associates here probably don't have the luxury of what little protection my diplomatic status would afford me in such a situation. This elevates the job beyond the status of a simple smash-and-grab, and will necessitate sufficient planning to protect my identity from the target's abettors."

26. - Top - End - #26
    Banned

Kobold

Pox snuffed. "High speed transport?" Pox snapped his jaws shut in amusement. "I have high speed transport in spades. I'm a bounty hunter. I transport dangerous individuals at high speed for a living."

After a few more moments, Pox adjusted himself in his seat again. "All of this extra support they're talking about, I'm not so interested in. I'm confident in what I got. I already have enemies. A few more won't bother me any." Pox tapped one of the fingers of his grasping limbs on the desk. "I just want data. I know you have it, I want to see it. And now that I've had time to think about it, I'd like to see how you arrived at choosing this group in particular. Something about the layout of this crew tells me we weren't selected at random."

Pox begins pointing at everyone in the room, one by one. "That guy knows how to be quiet and, hell, he looks like he kills people for a living." He pointed at Kilgore. "He's a Face. We've been here two minutes and he's negotiating a higher price." His point shifted again. "Muscle." And once more. "The guy who knows how to science and has a special immunity."

Pox grinned and indicated himself. "The guy who has been catching criminals for as long as he remembers, and would know how to take this much living artillery and use it to blow a hole 6 lightyears wide into the waste-orifice of anybody you point them at."

He looked back at the assembled crew. "I assume, anyways. Or maybe it was a d*mn lucky lottery draw. Either way, I'm in. And I want all of the data you have on this guy, his tech, his crew, his location, his favorite color, his childhood nickname, what color his last 3 solid emissions were, everything you know forwarded to my ship before I disembark. The longer that takes, the longer I'll wait."
    Pox tilted his head. "If you can do that, you've got a deal, as far as I'm concerned."

27. - Top - End - #27

Without looking at Pox, Kilgore says "Thank you, Pox."

Still looking at the fat man, "We are highly skilled professionals in our different areas of expertise, and as such understand that what you request is not a simple snatch and run endeavour that any two-bit bounty hunter could do.
    Helmoth is a high profile target and will have high security and other defensive layers that we will have to penetrate. I have the experience of handling high profile people and the security/organization details around such people, and know that a significant amount of up resources, investigation, contacts and preparedness will be required before successfully executing the capture of him.
    The upfront expenses required for such a job will be high and will need to be covered, otherwise the whole venture can not be guaranteed to succeed."

28. - Top - End - #28

Show

Is this game happening? 8ball you have not posted for a week (10/13) and so the people who have posted are not getting anything back from their posts.

29. - Top - End - #29

Beholder

Quote Originally Posted by Delwugor View Post
    Show

Is this game happening? 8ball you have not posted for a week (10/13) and so the people who have posted are not getting anything back from their posts.
    ((crap sorry everyone, I'm real busy with this drawing course I'm taking and I lost track of time.))

To Pox: "Of course" the keletor grabs several data pads and hands them out to everyone "These data pads contain all the information we know about Helmoth, his favorite places to lurk and what we think his schedule is, we have very excellent spies, We sent for you because you're the best we could find that money can buy."

30. - Top - End - #30
    Banned

Kobold

Pox took the data pad and leaned back, flipping through the data with his smaller manipulators. He made a deep, gutteral clicking sound that resonated in his chest. A Kath sound denoting interest or concentration.

After a few moments of this he looked around at the silence in the room. "Anyone else have questions or should we just roll out?"