New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 37 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: [CHB] IC 1: The New Arrivals

Dining Hall

"What's happening?"

Anika's voice is at a whisper as she nudges Neiz, slipping the strawberry into the fire as she does so. Was it typical for this kind of thing to happen between campers that weren't "quite as nice as they should be"?
    ~~This post brought to you in part by HALEYINTRAINING~~

Spoiler
    Show
    Haley's Gone Catmuffin!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hey! Being like Haley is harder than it looks!
    Spoiler
    Show
    I totally have trophies!
    Spoiler
    Show
    I don't know where they went, but they were Damsel itp gold and Autumn itp bronze.
    Credits: Kwarkpudding (x2) and rtg0922. You both rock!

2. - Top - End - #182
    Halfling in the Playground

Hermes Table

Colin looks up from where he's making paper airplanes and laughs. It's true, I spar with the Children of Ares often, especially Rick. Why do you think they call me Anemos Polemo? The airplanes lift off from the table and glide around his head.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Zane and Aric by Recaiden. Aric Kat by Hatter.

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler: FFRP Newbie Links
    Show

3. - Top - End - #183
    Bugbear in the Playground

((Wow, time moves a lot slower than I thought it would!))

Apollo Table

Roxanne sits there, idly chatting and eating with those sitting around her - chatting more than eating, actually.

Meanwhile,
    Just recently arriving at the Dining Area,

Melissa just barely gets her food - just soon enough! Any later, and there might've not been enough for her.

She stands, craning her neck to look throughout the Hermes Table for an empty spot. Unsatisfied by the empty chairs she found, Melissa decides to just sit against a wall and eat there. It's better, right?
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Ogre in the Playground

[Dining Hall]
    Neiz notices Melissa heading toward the wall; already done with her dinner, she stands from her seat at the Hermes Table and waves to beckon the other girl, smiling.
    She glances to Anika. You know Rick already, and Miss Fel is the senior counselor---they're dealing with an unkind Ares camper being unpleasant to Carrie---she's a bit of a misfit in the Ares cabin, but Rick doesn't let anyone bully her.

Carrie smiles up at her big brother.
    I'm okay, don't worry---I'm used to it and I've got my brothers looking out for me.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

5. - Top - End - #185
    Bugbear in the Playground

Dining Hall

Melissa notices Neiz beckoning her over. Dang it. Should she just pretend that she didn't notice anything? No, she already spent too long looking over there, and if she went to that comfy spot on the wall, that would be pretty rude, and...

...and so Melissa sings sighs and walks towards Neiz's offered seat. "Thank you," she says, staring at her food as if it were the most appetizing thing in all the world, before beginning to eat.

Eating is a pretty normal thing to do in a mess hall.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Dwarf in the Playground

((Just looked at my last post and realised I got ninja'd by the very person I thought was not online and needed an opening back into the scene. Brilliant.))

Rick gives Carrie a quick one-armed hug.

"The fact that you're used to it is bad in itself, really. But at least you don't have Kanji's temper."

He grins at his brother, then glances around to make sure nobody else is watching before leaning in and whispering to Carrie:

"Here, I've got something for you."

He takes a box out of his pocket, and opens it to reveal a small crystal vial on a golden chain, like a necklace. The vial has some strange fluid inside it, but it doesn't look disgusting - it's rather pleasant to watch it flowing about.

"Gorgon's blood, from the right side. Incredibly potent healing powers. I got hold of this a while back, but I don't have much use for it - I heal well anyway. So I got it mounted in this necklace for you."
    Last edited by GrandDM; 2013-08-25 at 02:26 AM.
    Doctor Harald avatar by MethosH

Nexus

CHB
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #187
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Dinner Hall

Kanji nods in agreement with Rick's statement before wincing when his temper is brought up. He looks down at the table a little embarrassed. He didn't use to be that fiery, but it came naturally these days. Was he destined to become a mean brute like his brothers? Would he turn on Carrie one day, just to deny his hobbies? Kanji shook his head at the thoughts as he said in a subdued voice. "Yeah, I'll uh try to work on that. Seriously though Carrie, you can always count on me and Rick. We'll watch our for ya. That's what family is supposed to do right?"

8. - Top - End - #188
    Ogre in the Playground

[Dining Hall]
    Carrie blinks in surprise, blushing, before tentatively reaching for the necklace.
    Oh... you guys... you're the best brothers ever. Her face lights up in just about the cutest damn smile.

Neiz smiles as she steps aside to let the other girl sit and eat.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

9. - Top - End - #189
    Orc in the Playground

Hermes Table

Anika is unsure whether or not to follow Neiz or stay seated at the table. After a moment of deliberation, she decides to stay put; she doubts Neiz wants to babysit the new girl all the time, and she likely has things to do. Rick and Lan would meet up with her after dinner. Probably. Maybe.

"Are you one of Neiz's friends?" she says to Melissa, her voice tentative, yet polite.

Wall by entrance -> Apollo Table

Simon is still scribbling away in his moleskine, but with a satisfied twack he slams the book shut, ink already dry as if by magic. He is fairly happy with his handiwork, and now he looks around the dining hall once more. He'd been a bit oblivious for a while and missed all the drama at the Ares table, so everything seems pretty quiet as he looks around. The crowd is thinning out quite a bit as everyone finishes their meal, but Simon doesn't feel like going anywhere just yet. Instead, he slips into a recently vacant seat at the Apollo table, one near Roxanne, and waits to get involved in the conversation.

Spoiler
    Show
    Haley's Gone Catmuffin!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    I totally have trophies!
    Spoiler
    Show
    I don't know where they went, but they were Damsel itp gold and Autumn itp bronze.

10. - Top - End - #190
    Dwarf in the Playground

"I didn't mean it like that. But anyway, what you said. We're always here for you, Carrie. And thanks."

He gives Carrie another hug, before standing up.

"I'm going back down to the arena."

Nexus

CHB
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #191

Hermes Table

Colin perks up at the mentioning of the arena. He starts "windwalking", as Rick calls it, and follows, hoping to meet some new challengers.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Show

12. - Top - End - #192
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Arena]

When Rick enters the arena, he turns sideways and walks out of view. As Colin enters, he will suddenly find Rick dropping on him from above (assuming he comes through the door). If he fails to counter, he will be on his front on the ground with Rick's knee in his back and Rick's dagger at his throat.

"You're dead. You of all people should know to look up."

If, on the other hand, Colin enters via the air over the top, Rick will quickly sheathe his dagger and pull his training swords, moving to the centre of the ring and adopting a guard position.

Nexus

CHB
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #193
    Orc in the Playground

The Big House

Felandria walks up to find Dionysius sitting on the porch, holding a glass of water and staring up at the sky.

Beautiful day, isn't it?

What is it, Felandria?

A message from your father, extending my punishment?

Felandria takes a seat next to Dionysius.

Just figured I'd sit and have a chat.

Maybe have a little drink.

Felandria pulls out the drinking horn, it fills with wine.

I won't tell.

She hands the horn to Mr. D, who lets out a sigh of relief and takes a sip.

Believe me, Mr. D, I want your punishment to be over as much as you do, no offense.

There's nothing I'd love more than to stay here and guide the others, ever since I got here, I've truly felt at home.

Look, Felandria, you've been here, what, six years now?

If you're intending to stay and wait for my job, I'm afraid you'll be waiting a long time, you know how your father is.

But perhaps he may let you go if he knows I'm wanting to do the job.

I've wondered for years what my destiny is, I mean, I know what I want most is to take a place at my father's side, live forever, but I know the fates may have something else in store for me.

And until I know what my purpose is, this is my home, and I will do whatever is required of me to make sure that Camp Half Blood is safe and that the other demigods are taken care of.

Well, all that's very nice, Felandria, but the fact is I'm likely stuck here for a long time, but you're young, and unless something changes, mortal, don't sit around here waiting.

Make something of yourself, dear, don't waste your gifts.

Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Purple Eagle, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

14. - Top - End - #194

Arena

It's Colin, of course he's going over the top! Spear in hand, he slashes a wind wave towards Rick. Just to keep him on his toes. Hello my friend. Shall we let some others join us, a two versus two match? Colin continues to hover in the air, let's say, four feet above Rick's head.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Show

15. - Top - End - #195
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Forbidden Wine]

Quote Originally Posted by Felandria View Post
    The Big House

Felandria walks up to find Dionysius sitting on the porch, holding a glass of water and staring up at the sky.

Beautiful day, isn't it?

What is it, Felandria?

A message from your father, extending my punishment?

Felandria takes a seat next to Dionysius.

Just figured I'd sit and have a chat.

Maybe have a little drink.

Felandria pulls out the drinking horn, it fills with wine.

I won't tell.

She hands the horn to Mr. D, who lets out a sigh of relief and takes a sip.

Believe me, Mr. D, I want your punishment to be over as much as you do, no offense.

There's nothing I'd love more than to stay here and guide the others, ever since I got here, I've truly felt at home.

Look, Felandria, you've been here, what, six years now?

If you're intending to stay and wait for my job, I'm afraid you'll be waiting a long time, you know how your father is.

But perhaps he may let you go if he knows I'm wanting to do the job.

I've wondered for years what my destiny is, I mean, I know what I want most is to take a place at my father's side, live forever, but I know the fates may have something else in store for me.

And until I know what my purpose is, this is my home, and I will do whatever is required of me to make sure that Camp Half Blood is safe and that the other demigods are taken care of.

Well, all that's very nice, Felandria, but the fact is I'm likely stuck here for a long time, but you're young, and unless something changes, mortal, don't sit around here waiting.

Make something of yourself, dear, don't waste your gifts.
    The sky suddenly clouds over, and a deafening crash of thunder fills the air. A bolt of lightning hits the ground in front of the two, and a twelve-foot man in a toga with long hair and a beard is standing there. In his hand is a massive, hissing spear of electricity, a bolt of lightning caught in a single moment. His face is contorted in a snarl of anger.

"How dare you?! My own daughter, breaking the prohibition I specifically set down? I would have thought better of you."

He snaps his fingers and the remaining wine in the horn turns to water. ((Assuming it isn't ridiculously god-resistant))

"From now on, that horn will no longer produce wine. Be grateful I don't punish you further."

[Arena]

Rick nods.

"Very well. Who do you have in mind?"
    Last edited by GrandDM; 2013-08-26 at 02:55 AM.

Nexus

CHB
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #196
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by GrandDM View Post
    [Forbidden Wine]

The sky suddenly clouds over, and a deafening crash of thunder fills the air. A bolt of lightning hits the ground in front of the two, and a twelve-foot man in a toga with long hair and a beard is standing there. In his hand is a massive, hissing spear of electricity, a bolt of lightning caught in a single moment. His face is contorted in a snarl of anger.

"How dare you?! My own daughter, breaking the prohibition I specifically set down? I would have thought better of you."

He snaps his fingers and the remaining wine in the horn turns to water. ((Assuming it isn't ridiculously god-resistant))

"From now on, that horn will no longer produce wine. Be grateful I don't punish you further."

He vanishes with a clap of thunder.
    ((Except for the part where he leaves before I can speak, that's precisely the reaction I was looking for))

How else was I supposed to get your attention?

I needed to speak with you.
    Last edited by Felandria; 2013-08-25 at 02:15 PM.

17. - Top - End - #197
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Dinner Hall-->Arena

Yu finished up his plate as he watched Felandria walk off to talk to Mr.D. He shrugged to himself as he didn't particularly like Mr.D's company but had no problem with the god himself. Unless he was in one of his moods that is. Generally he was neutral about the man. Since he was finished eating Yu picked up a large vine of grapes and walked up to the fire to sacrifice them to Zeus. Giving a small bow to the flames he left the dinner hall to make way to the arena. If a quest did show up soon like Felandria had hoped he would make sure that he was ready. As he showed up to the arena he noticed Rick and Colin in standby fighting positions facing each other. He tilted his head in confusion before walking forward to address them.

"Um, is the arena occupied? I could just go over in the corner. Or if that doesn't work for you maybe I could join your training session." He looks slightly nervous as he addresses the two of them. He knew Felandria said that trying to make friends with Rick would be easy. It was just that he seemed to have so many friends that Yu was intimidated to try.

Ares Table

Kanji watched Rick leave before he says to Carrie, "Be right back okay? I'm gonna go make my offering. We can do something together after you finish 'kay? Ive done enough training today and some social activity with someone who's not a jerkwad sounds really good right now." Kanji stood up from the table as he grabbed the juiciest piece of steak that he could find before walking up to the fire and burning it in Ares name. He watched the flames for a second before turning and heading back to his seat with Carrie.
    Last edited by AnimeKid; 2013-08-25 at 08:27 PM.

18. - Top - End - #198

Arena

Colin nods to the side, acknowledging Yu, for one. And I was considering your sister-Carrie, was it?-if you don't think she'd mind. He continues to hover, it appears to be a basic power for him, a byproduct of 11 years with his father, and it drains little to no energy to do so.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Show

19. - Top - End - #199
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AnimeKid View Post
    Ares Table

Kanji watched Rick leave before he says to Carrie, "Be right back okay? I'm gonna go make my offering. We can do something together after you finish 'kay? Ive done enough training today and some social activity with someone who's not a jerkwad sounds really good right now." Kanji stood up from the table as he grabbed the juiciest piece of steak that he could find before walking up to the fire and burning it in Ares name. He watched the flames for a second before turning and heading back to his seat with Carrie.
    Carrie already made her offering and is full, so she stands and stretches a little.
    Wanna, um... we could head down to the lake and scope out some nymphs.
    She's joking... well, mostly. Rick and Kanji are the only ones in her family she's come out to, though it's sometimes kind of obvious.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

20. - Top - End - #200
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Forbidden Wine]
    ((Except for the part where he leaves before I can speak, that's precisely the reaction I was looking for))

How else was I supposed to get your attention?

I needed to speak with you.
    ((Sorry; I'll get rid of that once I've posted this.))

Zeus narrows his eyes. His grip tightens on the Master Bolt.

"Be very careful what you say next. I am already in a bad mood from dealing with this damned Tartarus situat- nevermind; I shouldn't tell you that. Explain yourself."

[The Arena]

"Sure. Alright Yu, pick a side. Colin, you'll be faster than me - take a windwalk over to Carrie and ask her."
    Last edited by GrandDM; 2013-08-26 at 02:58 AM.

Nexus

CHB
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #201
    Orc in the Playground

[Forbidden Wine]

((Sorry; I'll get rid of that once I've posted this.))
    Zeus narrows his eyes. His grip tightens on the Master Bolt.

"Be very careful what you say next. I am already in a bad mood from dealing with this damned Tartarus situat- nevermind; I shouldn't tell you that. Explain yourself."
    Felandria steels herself and regains her composure.

That's exactly it, Father.

The Tartarus situation.

I had a dream last night about Tartarus, he had left the camp in ruins, everyone was either dead or wounded, and you know how I feel about this place, I would defend it with my life.

That's why I had to do it, Father, I so rarely see you and I needed to get your attention.

Let me help, let me prove myself, I can protect the place I love and find out what I'm capable of.

I beg of you, Father.

22. - Top - End - #202
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Monstrous Problems]

Zeus sighs, and shakes his head.

"Very well. Call a meeting of councilors. I will fetch those Olympians who know more of this. Look away."

He begins to glow as he reverts to his true form for the journey to Olympus.

As he leaves, Rick comes sprinting towards them.

"Did I just hear what I thought I heard? Because if I did, this is a lot worse than you think. We need to go grab the councilors and Chiron."

((As far as I know, we're the only people who actually have characters that are councilors, so we can skip the finding-everybody part and go straight to the meeting))
    Last edited by GrandDM; 2013-08-26 at 03:31 AM.

Nexus

CHB
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #203
    Orc in the Playground

[Monstrous Problems]

Zeus sighs, and shakes his head.

"Very well. Call a meeting of councilors. I will fetch those Olympians who know more of this. Look away."

He begins to glow as he reverts to his true form for the journey to Olympus.

As he leaves, Rick comes sprinting towards them.

"Did I just hear what I thought I heard? Because if I did, this is a lot worse than you think. We need to go grab the councilors and Chiron."

((As far as I know, we're the only people who actually have characters that are councilors, so we can skip the finding-everybody part and go straight to the meeting))
    Fel averts her eyes as Zeus departs, she turns to Mr. D.

I tried.

She turns to Rick.

I'll fetch the other counselors, if you can inform Chiron.

Felandria runs off, shifting to giant size for speed.
    Last edited by Felandria; 2013-08-26 at 05:45 AM.

24. - Top - End - #204
    Dwarf in the Playground

Fel averts her eyes as Zeus departs, she turns to Mr. D.

I tried.

She turns to Rick.

I'll fetch the other counselors, if you can inform Chiron.

Felandria runs off, shifting to giant size for speed.
    [The Meeting]
    ((Minor timeskip here, unless you have any objections?))

The meeting is being held in the Big House. Everyone is sitting around a table. Ares is present, sitting next to Rick, as well as Artemis, standing at Zeus's shoulder. Zeus has positioned himself next to Felandria. Mr. D. and Chiron are in their usual seats.

"I have called this meeting because it is no longer possible to withhold from Camp Half-Blood what is coming. You have all probably noticed an increase in monster activity recently... but that's only the start. Tartarus, the spirit of the pit, is rising. I have brought Ares and Artemis with me, as they are best qualified to tell you about the threats."

Artemis steps forward.

"As Tartarus rises, he will bring with him a great flood of monsters. When he is fully risen, it is possible that almost half of all the monsters in existence could be on Earth at any -"

Rick stand up.

"No. Not half. I had a dream recently... it was Tartarus, standing at the head of a mighty army. As I watched, my view shifted, following the column back down through Hades, down through the pit... and I watched as the last monster exited through the door the Tartarus made. Forgive my interruption, but you were gravely underestimating the threat."

Now Ares enters the conversation: "Kid's right. Tartarus is easily strong enough to pull them all out, even the big monsters. I doubt we could stop them if they got that far. We need a quest - send a group down through Hades to go into the pit and give Tartarus a good kicking before he's strong enough to fight back. And I know just the guy to do it."

His hand falls on Rick's shoulder, but Zeus narrows his eyes.

"Surely my daughter should lead the quest? She is stronger than him, he's admitted it himself -"

"Actually, Lord Zeus, I haven't. I said she beat me in a fight because she knocked me into a pillar with a lightning bolt - and since then, I've developed a couple of tactics to deal with that. But anyway - I think the choice to lead us is fairly clear. We're going to fight something from the depths of hell? We should be led by a child of Hades."

Nexus

CHB
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #205
    Orc in the Playground

The Meeting

Felandria stands up, human sized as a sign of deference to her father.

You aren't the only one who had a dream, Rick.

Tartarus standing right in the middle of camp, everything in ruins, our bodies strewn all over.

He threatens our home, and I will not stand for it, I love this place, I love all of the demigods, and if anyone's going to protect it, it's going to be me.

However.

I have no issue with the two of us working together to defeat this threat, this is not a time for ego, this is a time for action. As a matter of fact, I suspect even the two of us together may not be enough.

We need one more.

26. - Top - End - #206
    Dwarf in the Playground

The door swings open, and a pale, gaunt boy walks in. He's wearing a black leather trenchcoat, black skinny jeans and a black t-shirt with a skull on it. At his side is a sword in a black scabbard with silver ornamentation.

"That would be me. I am Geoff. Son of Hades. I can get you through my father's realm to the entrance of the pit, and help to protect you while we are down there."

Chiron nervously stands.

"Then all that remains... is the Oracle's prophecy. As the leader of the quest... Geoff should go."

Each of the three gods nod, and Geoff walks up the stairs. Several minutes later, he returns and recites the prophecy.

Five shall go and brave the pit
    With death around and lanterns lit

The spirit rises to attack
    But Zeus's get shall hold him back

The son of Ares stands ahead
    Forever living, always dead

A choice that's made leads to a grave
    If the camp you are to save.
    Last edited by GrandDM; 2013-08-26 at 01:29 PM.

Nexus

CHB
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #207
    Ogre in the Playground

The meeting

Oh look, something to actually do.
    Lan coughs loudly near Fel.
    "Well, if you don't mind the intrusion, Sirs and Ladies, I've been out keeping the kids alive for years, and I'll be a dandelion before I let you go out there without a little extra voice of reason."
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

28. - Top - End - #208
    Orc in the Playground

The Meeting

Simon's pen copies down the words Geoff recited, and as the others discuss who should go on the mission, he scratches notes around the prophecy in his moleskine.

"with death around" -> likely the underworld
    Zeus's get --> Felandria?
    Son of Ares --> Rick?
    "leads to a grave" --> poetic, yet doesn't necessarily imply death

Spoiler
    Show
    Haley's Gone Catmuffin!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    I totally have trophies!
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #209
    Dwarf in the Playground

Rick nods.

"I agree. We'll need your nose. On the basis of that prophecy, it's obvious that Felandria has to be part of the main group. It also seems that that group will number five instead of the usual three. I am hesitant about going myself, given the line about the son of Ares, but I really think I have to if you're to have the best chance of success. I'd also like to bring Carrie. That gives us Fel, me, Carrie and Geoff, plus Lan, so we need one more demigod."

Ares raises a finger. Although now human-sized, his voice is still much stronger than an ordinary person.

"All very well, but you need secondary groups. You aren't going to make it through the pit with all the monsters focused on you. You should have at least two more threes of demigods to draw some of the heat off you."
    Last edited by GrandDM; 2013-08-26 at 09:42 AM.

Nexus

CHB
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #210
    Orc in the Playground

The Meeting

"Felandria doesn't HAVE to be part of the main group... technically, Yu could be 'Zeus's get' instead of Felandria."

Simon doesn't necessarily mean anything by this; he's just working out the parameters of the prophecy.

Spoiler
    Show
    Haley's Gone Catmuffin!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    I totally have trophies!
    Spoiler
    Show