New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 22 1234567891011 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default [nWoD] Campus Vigilantes 3: The Root of All Evil

OOC thread

Monday, January 6th
    Maxwell University, Chicago

The first day of the winter term was a sunny one, but the wind was bitingly cold. The vast lawns of the Maxwell campus were covered in a deeper carpet of snow than most years, courtesy of the “snowstorm of the decade” shortly before Christmas. Though no courses were scheduled in the morning, early-rising students hurried back and forth from one building to another to pick up their schedules and textbooks, stake a claim on a locker and apply for student loans before the waiting lines grew too long.

The members of Maxwell University’s so-called “RPG Club” were coming back from their Christmas holiday and gathering in their new haunt, a windowless, well-concealed basement in an old house only two blocks from campus. One of them, new recruit Conrad, had just been allowed into this place for the first time, which confirmed his acceptance into the group as far as everyone was concerned.

To Jonah Nealson, the chilly temperature outside felt actually quite pleasant after returning from the picturesque but desolate mountains of northern Norway. Most of all, he was glad about the sun; there had been precious little of it near the Arctic Circle at this time of the year. Still, cross-country-skiing after a werewolf for over a hundred miles with barely any rest had been, if not pleasant, unquestionably memorable, to the point of making the midnight battle on the frozen lake seem almost anticlimactic in comparison. He even sported a new scar fairly high on his left thigh, but few people were likely to ever see it.

Adam Correll had had a nice Christmas holiday as well. Not only did he now have a steady girlfriend for the first time in his life, he had also recently won a state-wide archery tournament and qualified for a national competition run by the federal Olympic committee. He just needed to keep his skills sharp and his bows well-maintained until March. And to think his hopes to reach the next level had almost been thwarted by some half-assed snowman attack just before Christmas.

Hopefully this term would be quieter than most on the supernatural front, but none of the vigilantes was very hopeful. Adam’s last email about dangerous magical objects being on sale was rather disquieting news.

Michael Kaczmarek flawlessly parked the black Lexus in the parking lot near the arts and humanities department and removed his sunglasses. Even while in everyday clothing in an attempt to blend in, the young man sat as if he had a broom stuck up his arse. The square-jawed, clean-shaven face and barely-existent fuzz of brown hair added to the military bearing, though Jacob was not even sure if Michael had been in the army and if so, which branch. The Polish-American was rather tight-lipped about anything personal. All that Jacob gathered was that Michael was the son of a Cassick Industries employee and that his university tuition was being paid for in exchange for his services as an unofficial bodyguard and driver.

“You are aware, of course,” Michael told Jacob in a slow, stern voice, “that I’m to report to your parents any unruly or scandalous behavior on your part.”
    Last edited by -Sentinel-; 2013-08-15 at 11:16 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Running:
    Voyages of the Ghostlight (Risus)

Playing:
    The Bloody Crown (WFRP) as Elsabeth Holt, rogue pyromancer and court wizard

Quote Originally Posted by TheSummoner View Post
    Oh wow. I will never again underestimate [our characters'] ability to turn friendly conversation into a possible life or death situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by LeSwordfish View Post
    Ludo has a crowbar, if that helps.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [nWoD] Campus Vigilantes 3: The Root of All Evil

Leon lounged in his usual position alongside the far wall. Despite there being only a single couch, currently occupied by some of the others, and a couple of chairs, also occupied, for sitting, he had somehow managed to arrange a collection of crates, boxes, part of a foam floor mat, a half-inflated pool mattress, and what appeared to be an old toaster that had been left by the previous tenants in the house's basement proper, into an unorthodox, though surprisingly comfortable-looking lounge chair. "So, we all know how Adam's vacation was. I'll take apart one of those hearts a little later, by the way, once I can get into one of the bio labs. Anyone else do anything exciting?"
    Quote Originally Posted by CN the Logos View Post
    They're just there, and horribly fatal when one stumbles across them, like self-aware landmines.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Adam, not being a morning person by ANY stretch of the imagination, wanders through the security door. His eyes are half-closed and his hair (not to mention his flannel pajamas) is disorderly at best. He carries with him a mug of black coffee, which he raises slightly to the group, "Morn'. There's a pot made, Leon."

As he shuffles to an open seat, Adam nods blearily to the present members, "Hey Jonah. Hey new guy. What was your name again? Hawk? Falcon? Some kind of bird of prey..."

Finally plopping himself down in a chair, he takes a long drink from his mug, "Anyone seen Matt? I've got a challenge for him..."
    Last edited by Odentin; 2013-08-15 at 10:56 PM.
    -Odentin

Quote Originally Posted by Skype
    Odentin: Wait. Weren't we going to stop off in the capital and murder the emperor?
    Bladecutter: We might as well, it's on the way.
    GM: "We might was well" has never been used in that way!
    Bladecutter: Well, we really don't like him...

4. - Top - End - #4
    Barbarian in the Playground

AssassinGuy

"I know Michael, you probably won't have to worry. I'm trying to turn a new leaf. I'm still going to live my life, I'm just not going to be an idiot about it." said Jacob in a relaxed tone as he stretched in the shotgun seat of the Lexus. He had wanted to take his Subaru Celeno but Michael had insisted on driving today.

While he liked having a bodyguard around it was somewhat stifling especially since Michael was essentially being paid by his parents and not himself. He sighed before checking his schedule.

"Economics and Law at 12:30... Econometrics at 2:45... and Wine Tasting at 4:30. I'll be done by 6, and back at the condo by 7."

"Anyways I don't have class for another three, four hours. You?" asked Jacob as he turned towards his bodyguard.
    Last edited by savior indra; 2013-08-15 at 11:22 PM.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Dwarf in the Playground

Conrad has done the digging, had asked the serious questions, and finally found himself amidst the last and great defense against the paranormal...

Yeesh... How depressing. Last and Great Defense my foot...

He had only been admitted to Maxwell Academy's local coalition of Hunters for a brief time and while he could not deny the brief experience had been eye-opening, but not in the expected way. For some reason, he was expecting a fortified bunker with heavy weaponry strapped to every wall, elaborate trap systems and perhaps a butler with a British accent to acquiesce to everything the hunters said. Instead, this seemed like a place one would actually play Dungeons and Dragons or some other stupid game. At least the disguise as an RPG club made some sense. To be frank, he had seen a lot seedier places, but this dig seemed... so average.

Conrad made himself comfortable in the best way he knew how, by reclining dangerously on an all-too-rigid-looking chair, letting the solid wood backing tap faintly against the wall of the basement in an oddly precise syncopation. Meanwhile, his right hand flipped a coin about between the finger joints, a practice of dexterity he had long-passed into an unconscious act. A bored expression passed his face as he glanced up at the amusingly-dressed Adam, addressing him by the names he constantly gets confused with. Alas, the price of nicknames are that of endless confusion. "Talon is what you're looking for. The business end of a bird of prey." A long cheshire grin passes his face as his hand suddenly flips the coin upward and his entire gangly body rolled upward in a fluid motion, catching the quarter in his grasp. The entire uncanny feel is amplified by a dusty looking attire of an off-black suit with long streaming tailcoats, seeming to hang with age as a slightly askew top hat nearly taps the ceiling.

As he walks, a weathered-looking oak cane seems to click along with him, sliding into what one could pass as a kitchen, grabbing an assortment of mugs and exposing along the way, "Since the mage, I've tried to avoid some of the big dens and kept local, fleecing some of the college students. I realize now that I could have lost much more than a couple hundred bucks and a minute of my time in that encounter. A dangerous life you all lead, hope I won't interfere all that much." The grin on his face belies his concerns, as one might notice that he has invested in preparations against the undead with a thick collar around his neck to repel the amorous bites of the vampires. After all, everyone knows they go for the neck. While calm, Conrad feels the slightest hint that the shabby safehouse might not reflect the actual hunters.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

Adam takes another long drink from his mug. He releases a long, satisfied breath and blinks a few times to clear his sight, "Talon, that's right. Good to have you."

The archer looks over at his roommate next, "You take a look at those hearts yet? And speaking of, we should talk to Danny Novak today, get him to spill where he bought those things from. I don't like having someone selling crap like that."
    -Odentin

Odentin: Wait. Weren't we going to stop off in the capital and murder the emperor?

7. - Top - End - #7

"Not yet, no. I don't have the proper tools here for comprehensive analysis, and I haven't been able to book any lab time that doesn't have oversight. I'd rather not explain how I came to have in my possession a preserved human heart, or why I'm dissecting and doing science to it."
    They're just there, and horribly fatal when one stumbles across them, like self-aware landmines.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

Adam nods and finishes off his mug, "Gotcha. So how were your guys' holidays? Do anything fun?"
    -Odentin

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Jonah is doing his usual thing. That is to say, he's sitting at the nearest table, leaning back in his chair with his legs propped up on the table, and his face buried in a book. The scrawny scholar doesn't look up from his book - a collection of short stories by H. P. Lovecraft - as he's asked about his vacation, though he still offers a response.

"Oh, y'know, went to Norway with some of my associates," he says casually, giving a small shrug. "Hunted some of the local 'wildlife.' Skiing across frozen wastelands in our pursuit of the prey, running on very little sleep with the constant threat of gruesome death lurking in the near-constant night, almost getting my leg torn off by a an angry werewolf when it went into a primal rage... Fun times!" he says with a bit of playful cheerfulness, lowering his book to crack a crooked grin. "What about the rest of you?"
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Dwarf in the Playground

What a sorry array of defenders we make Conrad mused to himself as he glanced idly at the cup of coffee in Adam's hand and mentally debated whether it was apropos to walk into their house to get coffee. Of course he'd need honey, which he sincerely doubted these kids had, especially if he was going to be hanging around this place... Maybe get a dartboard, a few moodlights... And chicks. Ten minutes gave him the heebie-jeebies of an old man's club. He almost worried that they might start running stag films on an old film projector. These thoughts swam through the gambler's mind as he slowly smiled, pulling a pen out the pocket of his suit and spinning it akin to how a drummer spins his drumsticks. Very little that existed in his head was ever spoken of, and for good reason. He had his own style and most people didn't agree. Their loss, right?

Holiday... Ah yeah, crap... School was almost upon them and the next barrage of classes that separated his spirit from the bliss of free time and opportunity. Looking back on it, he couldn't remember all that much about the Christmas holidays. His father hadn't invited him to any holidays since he went to college, and all for the best. Admitting that he failed philosophy for refusing to write a paper on predetermination and holding a grudge against the dog of a professor was a speech he hardly wanted to give. Still, best to say something, right, "Oh, the winter snows, nothing like around this time. Found myself fortunate to catch a mugger along these very streets trying to threaten a sweet cougar out of her pearls. Well I couldn't just let that happen to a woman, so I left my initials on his arse as he ran off and... Well let's just say the New Year went off with one helluva bang! Don't get me wrong, it was all in a valiant duty. Too bad it wasn't a vampire though. Would have had something really fun to show you all."

A few moments passed and Conrad realized something odd... A sly smile creeped across as he stalked over to Adam, walking around him in a slightly creepy way. "Oh me, oh my, I didn't realize in the slightest, but I think our little buddy has found himself a little amour himself. Congrats, buddy!" He wouldn't have doubted, as Adam had musculature where Conrad had spindly bones, but socially, he seemed rather stunted. A little angel in his heart felt the need to take this boy out on the town, expose him to something real, something great! Something that might get them killed, yes...

But what was life without a bit of danger?
    Last edited by Enoich; 2013-08-16 at 11:10 PM.

11. - Top - End - #11

"New guy, you're talking to a guy who dissected two of the bloodsuckers. The day you show me something "fun" about a vampire I haven't already seen is the day I build a flying sloth." Leon turns to focus on Jonah now. "Who are these associates, why are you hunting werewolves in Norway, and did you think to bring a tissue sample back for me?"

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

Adam watches the spindly man with amusement, the way he wanders, the way his fingers keep moving at all times. A chuckle escapes his throat as he begins to picture Conrad as Jack Skellington. The fancy dress, the lanky movement, the stupid cheshire grin, all lend themselves to making Conrad look like a walking skeleton to Adam.

The look of amusement fades as skeleton-man begins hovering and swaying like a cobra, replaced by a look of confusion and concern. He glances at Leon for answers for a moment, before returning his gaze to Conrad, "What....how did you know that? Stop that, it's creepy."
    -Odentin

13. - Top - End - #13

Leon returns Adam's glance with a shrug and a shake of his head, as if to say, "Hell if I know, I didn't say anything to him."

14. - Top - End - #14
    Dwarf in the Playground

The gambler had his bluffs to play, but also wisdom in his folly. Conrad remembered hearing it in his youth, but more likely than not just made it up. Random inspirational quotes fell off him like flesh from a zombie. Still, it amused him greatly that Adam took such surprise to his admission. He lived to test the waters of people's expectations and even if his assumptions weren't always right, they were always entertaining. As if to break the poor boy out of his surprise, Conrad gave Adam a nice strong slap on the back followed by a great booming laugh that could only come from being too large for most men, a realm occupied by lumberjacks and professional sport jerks. "Don't act so surprised, Adam. I have my ways of knowing and frankly, you smell of it. Look at it this way, women have a way of changing you, for better or for worse, but everything changes once you get involved with the ladies. Having been through this myself, I have a sort of second sense. I also do party tricks." With an elegant sort of flourish of the hand, he passes off the remark, "But that's of little concern. Hearts and Skin and the flesh of the beast is more interesting than whether you've found Mrs. Right"

Letting his walking stick thump into the carpeted ground with a muffled noise, his face seemed to turn from jovial to serious in a heartbeat, "While I love making light of the world, there is darkness amidst it. The more information we can gather and the better we can handle the beasties of our sweet Chicago will rather determine the distance between our head and the rest of our body. I assure you, I want to keep that as close as I can. You obviously didn't bring us here to exchange witticisms. Do we have any leads?"
    Last edited by Enoich; 2013-08-17 at 12:00 AM.

15. - Top - End - #15

Leon leans back in his makeshift lounge chair and closes his eyes. "Leads? No, not as such. The closest thing we have to a "lead" is that kid who bought two magic hearts from who-knows-where-or-whom. But for now, just relax. We pretty much are here to "exchange witticisms," as you say. At least until something goes wrong." He cracks one eye and focuses it on Conrad. "And no, that's not an invitation to go stirring up something to go wrong."

16. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground

"Anyways I don't have class for another three, four hours. You?" asked Jacob as he turned towards his bodyguard.

"Nothing today," Michael answered. "I've got only two courses a week, just to be officially considered a student." He arched an eyebrow at Jacob. "Wine tasting? Seriously? Your parents pay for that?"

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    He had wanted to take his Subaru Celeno
    Never heard of that model, yet I'm something of a car geek. Nothing on Wikipedia. Did you make it up?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Running:

Playing:

Oh wow. I will never again underestimate [our characters'] ability to turn friendly conversation into a possible life or death situation.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Barbarian in the Playground

AssassinGuy

"I mean it's a package deal. As long as I graduate with decent enough grades they don't really care provided I'm not majoring in something like Wine Tasting. Besides there will be some people I should probably get to known in that class." said Michael with a shrug as he scanned the students that were around.

"Want to go grab some breakfast? I know this nice cafe that my parents took me to when I was a kid."

Spoiler
    Show
    It's a concept car. If you google it, it was someones take on a Subaru with BMW features. Jacob would have seen it and paid for a custom model after either convincing his parents (that he'd stop acting crazy if they got it for him) or saving enough money.
    Last edited by savior indra; 2013-08-17 at 09:45 AM.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

Adam's confused stare never ceases as the lanky dude wanders away. The only person he had told about he and Allison dating was Leon, who apparently hadn't said anything. The 'smell' comment was confusing, as well. Adam couldn't possibly smell of sex, both because he and Ally hadn't reached that point yet, and because he had showered before going to bed (hence the wild hair). Had he not had his coffee yet, he may well have laid the man out on the basement floor...

"Relax, mate. We met up here because it's easier and less suspicious than all gathering immediately in the Club room. Plus it means I didn't have to get up early..."
    -Odentin

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

The doors to the RPG club are suddenly pushed wide open. Matthew enters the room wearing a really puffed up Winter Jacket, Thick gloves and a Wool scarf around his mouth and winter earmuffs on his head. Frustrated he starts ripping pieces of clothing off his body as soon as he closes the door behind him.

" Motherf**** . It doesn't get this cold in New Orleans "

He looks around checking out the new and old faces alike.
    Last edited by Misaat; 2013-08-18 at 10:14 AM.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

Adam's head snaps towards the door of the basement safehouse as it gets thrown open, though he relaxes and allows a smile to spread when he sees his friend enter, "Welcome back, buddy. How was your holiday? I've got a challenge for you, once you're settled."

With that, the archer stands and walks over to the large entertainment center that stands against the back wall and pulls the doors open to reveal the armory. A varied selection of shotguns and revolvers hangs off of hooks, along with a couple swords, 2 maces, and one nasty looking axe. Dead center hangs a compound hunting bow Adam spent way too much on, and hanging underneath it are four quivers, filled with stake arrows, and hunting arrows with heads made of iron, silver, and aluminum. The shelves hold various shotgun shells and revolver ammunition, with silver and iron organized next to the lead, and at least one drawer is filled with fire hardened stakes.

Adam picks up two blister packs of dragons breath shotgun shells, .410 bore and 12 gauge, and meanders over to Matthew, "How difficult would it be to turn one of these into a handheld flamethrower?"

Spoiler
    Show
    I have a design in mind, if you don't feel like coming up with one.
    -Odentin

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Matthew approaches his working desk and starts pulling out sheets of paper and putting to start working on a diagram.

" You know same old same old, Playing video games. Watching some cool videos on haunted houses Yeti sightings a guy who thinks his albino neighbor might be a Vampire. Most of them Hoaxes though. Nothing particularly important "

He takes one of the Shotguns shells from Adam and puts it on the table to get a better look at it.

" I did come across an interesting book called "The Anarchist Cookbook" . Nasty thing. Thought me how to make my own Napalm ^^ . Let's see ... Yes. How would you like to fire it? A lever that you can turn on an off? A Trigger that makes the flames come out as a burst? Or a continous spray? Considering the size it might most likely have to be a one time thing and then you would have to change the fuel or spray container "
    Last edited by Misaat; 2013-08-18 at 11:12 AM.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

"Uh, well. It would just need to fire the shell off. Be nice to be able to reload it, though."

Spoiler
    Show
    Explanation in OOC thread.
    -Odentin

23. - Top - End - #23
    Dwarf in the Playground

All the dramatics for naught, Conrad mused to himself. These kids were seeming all-too-calm for people who hunt those which go bump in the night. When he was introduced to the Vigil, he expected ex-military gun nuts with paranoia out the wazoo, saavy kids bleached white by computer screens who had tabs on the local undead hotspots, and a couple buxom young assistants to provide medical assistance and... other such support. Instead Adam and Leon seemed moderately... normal. How did normal people end up in the vigil?

Almost losing himself in this contemplation, the slender man almost hopped when a door opened behind him and the shuffles and excuses of another guy... sigh... made his appearance. Turning about, Conrad could not help but raise an eyebrow. From head to toe, this man seemed wrapped in the winter wear that a tourist would wear on their first trip up north, the kind that made one look like the Michelin Man. He tried to hold back a snicker and kept on watching, letting them talk. Apparently the boy was the techie of the group... Well Conrad could only hope that the boy had tabs on all the local undead hotspots, but he didn't seem like he had tabs on a good place to get a jacket, frankly. However Adam's recent reveal changed Conrad's mind a fair bit.

They actually had weapons? Holy Heck!

Frankly it wasn't that impressive. He didn't pull open a wall to reveal an endless array of guns and goodies, but there were a fair assortment of firearms and melee weapons and... oddly enough a bow. "Now that's what I'm talking about, Adam my boy! I knew you were holding out on me. I oughta have cross words for leaving this a secret!" Conrad boomed as he slunk his way towards the entertainment center, taking a particular interest in the swords. Fetching one from the hook, he gave it the appraising eye of someone who's been around blades all-too-long. The saber was frankly a gorgeous piece of craftsmanship where most swords these days were replica models crafted out of shoddy steel that could barely hold an edge. A bit older than the modern sabre used in fencing, he could tell this piece was probably on mounted cavalry and frankly, most likely a surplus from an army base. He found it curious that a ceremonial weapon still seemed to have a good edge and proper heft for actually riding into battle and fighting on horseback. It was a lot heavier than the fencing saber he had occasionally used, but he could still swing and get into the rhythm of the weapon. Glancing over to the others, he realized he had spent a good thirty seconds ogling a blade and gave a sheepish grin, "I admire your collection, sirrah, although I imagine we can improve it, given enough good hunts."
    Last edited by Enoich; 2013-08-18 at 02:59 PM.

24. - Top - End - #24

Leon opens one eye enough to see Matt come in, and offers a wave. He lifts his head a bit when Adam pulls one of the dragonsbreath rounds out of the weapons cache and asks Matt to make a concealable firing unit for it. "Careful with those ideas you're giving him; he wanted to build some blunderbusses out of PVC at the beginning of last term. Matt, make sure you use something sturdier than that for these, all right?"

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

Adam rolls his eyes at the younger boy playing with the sword and focuses on Leon and Matt, "Yes, please do make it sturdy. It....isn't for me."

Satisfied that Matthew knows what he's doing, Adam grabs a magazine he had left in the cabinet with the shells and sits back down. He opens up the catalog on recent advances in firearms technology and opens it up to the section on shotgun shells.
    Last edited by Odentin; 2013-08-18 at 07:16 PM.
    -Odentin

26. - Top - End - #26
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by ToySoldierCPlus View Post
    "New guy, you're talking to a guy who dissected two of the bloodsuckers. The day you show me something "fun" about a vampire I haven't already seen is the day I build a flying sloth." Leon turns to focus on Jonah now. "Who are these associates, why are you hunting werewolves in Norway, and did you think to bring a tissue sample back for me?"
    Jonah is momentarily distracted by all the other chatter and Matthew showing up. His gives a meek smile and a little wave to his fellow Hunter, before turning back to Leon. "Oh... I haven't told you?" he asks, looking a little confused. "I guess I can tell you all more about it, now that I'm a full member and have a bit more clout."

Jonah coughs, before smiling sheepishly. "Have you ever heard of Ashwood Abbey? It's a... club. A..." he gaze drifts off to the side a bit, "A Hunting club." He looks back up at Leon and smiles meekly. "They're very secretive, of course. Been around for over a hundred years. I was invited in a few months ago, courtesy one of my professors. That's how I wound up here in the RPG club, actually; they suggested I get some practice and actual field experience with this group before playing with the 'big boys,' essentially."

The scrawny scholar looks around at the other members, meekly smiling at them as well, before looking back up at Leon from his seat. "As for the werewolf hunt, well, I was invited along to see if I could actually handle a real Hunt. The Abbey isn't really like most other Hunter groups, from what I understand. The Abbey Hunts for sport. For fun. We were essentially going on a safari of sorts," he says, unable to resist cracking a crooked little smirk.

His smirk then fades. "Er, as for the lack of a skin sample... well..."

Jonah blinks a few times, but doesn't say anything. In fact, Leon will quickly notice that Jonah doesn't seem to be there anymore. He's now just staring off into space, his eyes glazed over as though lost in thought...

---

Blood.

So much blood.

The tranq rounds hadn't worked. Not as well as Doctor McCarty had hoped, at least. The beast was slowed, yes, but not slowed enough.

Jonah had tried to leap out of the way in time, to avoid the sweeping claws of the Lycanthrope. For the most part, he'd succeeded. Enough to avoid having his femoral artery or anything else important sliced open, at least.

He now found himself sprawled in the snow, one hand struggled to stem the flow of blood from his savaged leg as the other scrambled to find his fallen revolver. Another Abbey member yelled as the Beast fell upon him, the two figured slamming into the snow and thrashing about in a flurry of claws and a silver blade.

But the beast had too much fight left in it for Mister Carlov to handle. For any of them to handle, at this point. As the light of the full moon glinted off Jonah's revolver in the snow, the scholar barked out a question as he dove for the fallen firearm. "Plan C?" he yelled, teeth grit in pain and frustration.

"Plan C!" several of the other Abbey members yelled in response, quickly moving to get into position.

Jonah gripped the pistol and rolled over, rising to a sitting position as he trained his weapon on the beast. "Come on, mutt!" Jonah barked, firing off a shot, not at the beast, but into the air to get its attention. "Come and finish the job!"

The wolf looked up from the wounded man, blood smeared across its furred face, hatred and hunger burning in its amber eyes. With a feral roar, it flung the ravaged Hunter aside, and turned towards Jonah. It took one step towards him, and the scholar grinned. "Good doggie."

As several hunting rifles thundered into the night, Jonah mentally lamented their lost opportunity at the chance to be the second Abbey group to actually make a werewolf-fur coat.

Oh well. There was always next time...
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

27. - Top - End - #27

As Jonah's gaze goes vacant, Leon waits for him to continue with his story. When he doesn't, Leon rolls off of his makeshift couch and walks over to his friend, a look of concern on his face. He waves his hand in front of Jonah's face a couple of times. "Jonah? You all right? Earth to Jonah, are you still with us?"

28. - Top - End - #28
    Titan in the Playground

Jacob

"Want to go grab some breakfast? I know this nice cafe that my parents took me to when I was a kid."

Michael sighed. He had never been too receptive to Jacob's attempts at socializing with him, and mostly went through the motions only to maintain the pretense that he was just a friend of his.

"Yeah, sure, let's go."

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'll keep the rest of the characters on hold before moving the plot forward, as you guys are roleplaying excellently and I don't want to interrupt. As for Jacob, I'd like to introduce him to the plot at the same time as everyone else, so for now it'll just be casual conversations with his bodyguard.
    Last edited by -Sentinel-; 2013-08-18 at 09:34 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Running:

Playing:

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

Adam looks up from his brochure as Leon attempts to waken Jonah from his fugue. He shakes his head and places it on his lap, "Hunting for fun. That's not a concept that can go wrong at all. Is he gonna be alright?"
    -Odentin

30. - Top - End - #30
    Dwarf in the Playground

Conrad had still been testing the blade of this sabre as Jonah was talking, bending it slightly to check its pliability and was half-tempted to actually try to strike something. While it lacked the raw power of a stallion charging with it, the riding sabre was hardly a weak weapon, certainly more sturdy than the standard rapier. The words about Ashwood Abbey intrigued him though and he raised a brow, "So a bunch of 'gentlemen' gather together to kill for their own brand of release? And I thought the Stag Lodges were strange." Of course by the time that he was asking this, Jonah had already been zonked out.

"W...what's wrong with him? Do you fellas have a tendency to just stare into space like that?." Frankly, Conrad was a little concerned, since it felt a little too eerily like Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, the sort of effect that rigors like war gave you. Was this Jonah fellow a veteran? Or were wizards only the tip of the iceberg in this career?