New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [nWoD] Campus Vigilantes 3: The Root of All Evil

"You're on edge, Adam," Allison observed, arching an eyebrow. "Justified or not, it's not healthy. Maybe I can give you some stress relief therapy soon; I happen to have a Stress Management course this semester." She smiled. "First class is this afternoon, actually. I'm free until then."

Jacob

Michelle seemed to welcome the excuse to tear herself away from her current conversation. "Can you wait a moment, Ellen?" she asked the other girl, who nodded with a sly smile that plainly said: I'm not going away.

"Yeah, what's it about?" Michelle asked Jacob with a hint of weariness.
    Last edited by -Sentinel-; 2013-08-21 at 07:24 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Running:
    Voyages of the Ghostlight (Risus)

Playing:
    The Bloody Crown (WFRP) as Elsabeth Holt, rogue pyromancer and court wizard

Quote Originally Posted by TheSummoner View Post
    Oh wow. I will never again underestimate [our characters'] ability to turn friendly conversation into a possible life or death situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by LeSwordfish View Post
    Ludo has a crowbar, if that helps.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ogre in the Playground

Adam shakes his head as he leads her towards the Student Union for coffee, "Old reflex, sorry. You hear about the student government thing?"
    -Odentin

Quote Originally Posted by Skype
    Odentin: Wait. Weren't we going to stop off in the capital and murder the emperor?
    Bladecutter: We might as well, it's on the way.
    GM: "We might was well" has never been used in that way!
    Bladecutter: Well, we really don't like him...

3. - Top - End - #63
    Titan in the Playground

"The scholarship, you mean? Yeah, I did," said Allison, nodding, as they headed to the table on the other side of the room where a large coffeemaker was churning out free coffee. "Sounds like we'll have an interesting election for once. Michelle's position might finally be threatened," she noted with open glee.

Spoiler
    Show
    From this point on, I'm assuming Adam is separated from the others, but they're still all in the same room.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Running:

Playing:

Oh wow. I will never again underestimate [our characters'] ability to turn friendly conversation into a possible life or death situation.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Barbarian in the Playground

AssassinGuy

"I'm assuming your still planning to run for President, Douglas Slater scholarship or not. But you already know that there will be actual competition for the spot this year." said Jacob as he held out his arm in a direction away from the Council Booth and Ellen as they continued walking.

"I believe that you are still by far the best candidate, but others will run simply because they want money and not because they have the university's best interest at heart. It would not be in the university's interests for one these... inexperienced candidates to win." said Jacob as he made sure that Ellen or others were listening in on their conversation.

"I wish to ensure your place as president. I believe that you deserve the position, and you have the talent for it. I want to help campaign for you, help fundraise any costs to your re-election. I simply wish to see that the correct leadership for the university stays in place. I only hope that we could each other more in the future." said Jacob as he turned to look at Michelle.

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm guessing Mani + persuasion and/or politics?

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ogre in the Playground

Adam laughs, "Oh yeah, I was thinking the same. Was actually pondering ways to sabotage her, make sure she doesn't win."

He grabs some coffee and places a lot of sugar in it, but no cream, "Can't imagine the way she acted at the memorial unveiling will reflect well upon her, not to mention her constant use of the pity play...anyways...how's your schedule looking this semester?"
    -Odentin

Odentin: Wait. Weren't we going to stop off in the capital and murder the emperor?

6. - Top - End - #66
    Dwarf in the Playground

Conrad felt a bit awkward walking for several other men through the school. He rarely joined clubs and really only kept friends if they owed him money, so as the five of them wandered through Tyler Hall, the Gambler found himself a cup of coffee and looked around, keeping aware of his surroundings. Everything seemed to be centered around this politics scene and the accompanying scholarship associated with it. Conrad felt sort of split about the issue. There were benefits to being in places of power, after all, his dad had taught him that lesson well if nothing else. However, politics was a game of money, even in smaller-level races. The constituents would forget a lot of terrible things given enough airtime and faces on posters and cheery supporters. The benefits of being President didn't seem to be worth the costs, at least not by enough to interest a gambler, and the chance of loss still reared its ugly head. Also the idea of actually serving people turned his stomach to bile. How could be free if he had to pay attention to other student's concerns?

As Allison snuck attack poor Adam a sly grin passed across Conrad's face and the feel of success enveloped him. Intuition paid off, at least occasionally... And it was more than worth it to see the look on Adam's face. Of course they talked and they engaged in personal affection and all the manners of a collegiate romance without dry-humping each other in the conference hall, which would be rather out of character. As they began to leave, Conrad decided to proceed, imagining that other people might as well. After all, the crowds were something fierce and the occasional shift kept traffic flowing. Sneaking up from behind in an echo of irony, Conrad sidled his way aside Allison, opposite of Adam as he exclaimed, "Adam, my good man. I'm surprised you've gone so long without introducing your better half! After all, we are all friends here, right?" Turning to Allison, he offers a generous bow, "Forgive him, for he knows not what he does. You may call me Talon, an ally in his Club. I am pleased to make your acquaintance." Rising up to his full height of six feet four inches, he grins broadly, perfect white teeth gleaming despite the poor fluorescent light of the hall. He brings his voice to a low whisper, "There are many things of interest in this game of politics and with enough fair luck, I imagine real change and perhaps profit might just come... My Card, Mademoiselle." Flipping a small business card out of his pocket, he hands it Allison. Anyone with enough knowledge of Basic Tarot could tell that it is a slightly shrunken version of the card, "The Fool". It amused him to offer something that seemed ridiculous. After all, one never suspected a fool of anything until it was already too late.
    Last edited by Enoich; 2013-08-21 at 09:27 PM.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ogre in the Playground

Adam glares at Conrad as he intrudes upon he and Allison. He pulls a tight smile and speaks dryly, "Ally, this is Conrad. He's new. Conrad, this is my girlfriend, Allison. Now, we're trying to enjoy a cup of coffee. If you please..."
    -Odentin

8. - Top - End - #68
    Titan in the Playground

Adam and Conrad

"Oh yeah, I was thinking the same. Was actually pondering ways to sabotage her, make sure she doesn't win."

"Count me in," grinned Allison, pouring some cream in her coffee.

"...anyways...how's your schedule looking this semester?"

"Full-time coursework, like you, but not much outside of that," Allison admitted. "I spent the last year planning and preparing for... you know... last Halloween. Reading psych books, practicing archery and stuff. Now that it's behind us, I need something to fill all that new spare time. Maybe I could try the socializing thing I hear so much about."

Just as she finished speaking, Conrad made his theatrical appearance, which Allison witnessed with a mixture of confusion, embarrassment and dawning amusement.

"...Thanks, I guess," she said with a smirk, glancing down at the card. She turned to Adam: "Your friends are even weirder than your enemies."

Jacob

"I'm assuming you're still planning to run for President, Douglas Slater scholarship or not. But you already know that there will be actual competition for the spot this year."

Michelle grunted in assent; this was clearly a sore point with her. As she, Jacob and Michael walked away, Ellen followed them with a notebook and what looked like a tape recorder, trying to look casual. It was hard to tell how much of their conversation she could hear through all the noise in the room.

"That girl," Michelle hissed irritably. "She's the editor of the school newspaper and she won't leave me alone with her questions and interviews. I swear one day I'll get a restraining order against her."

Michelle listened patiently to Jacob's proposition. She was dubious at first, but after a moment she seemed pleased with the offer. "I could use some allies," she admitted. "A few of my best supporters deserted me this very morning. I bet I'm about to learn they'll be running against me."

She was still wary enough to ask: "What's the sudden interest? I never saw you at public council meetings or fundraisers."
    Last edited by -Sentinel-; 2013-08-21 at 09:56 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Running:

Playing:

9. - Top - End - #69

AssassinGuy

"Ah the Fourth Estate, so blunt... no tact whatsoever." murmured Jacob sympathetically in a hushed voice.

"I find myself planning on entering the family business after I finish my time at Maxwell. Any politician or businessperson knows that politics and economics cannot be separated. The two are one and the same. I am simply looking for some practical experience in the matter, and at the same time helping someone who would be vastly more competent than anyone else stay in office. Excuse me for just a second." explained Jacob as he pulled out his phone and called Michael whispering into the phone, to ensure that it would be difficult for Michelle to hear, let alone Ellen.

"If it isn't too much trouble, could you spill some coffee on the notes and tape recorder of the girl following us? Thank you very much."

10. - Top - End - #70
    Titan in the Playground

Jacob

Michael gave a dubious grunt, then grabbed himself as cup of coffee and disappeared from sight behind Jacob. Jacob innocently looked away from the scene, but could hear Ellen's surprised (and pained) yell pretty clearly, followed by her strident: "You did that on purpose!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Michael's untrained Dex + Larceny test to spill coffee in a way that looks accidental: (d10)[5] - Edit: As stated above, Ellen's not buying it. Michael isn't too good at being subtle.

Also, Ellen suffers 1 Lethal damage from the hot coffee. Hope you're happy.

Michelle, either not noticing the commotion or choosing to ignore it, answered Jacob: "My boyfriend Kale's already offering to fund my campaign, but I could take you in as a secondary treasurer, as long as you promise not to do anything unethical that might give me a bad name. What with the scholarship, candidates are going to play dirty. I want to stay above that; it's the only way voters will know I'm not in it for the money."

As far as Jacob could tell, she sounded sincere.
    Last edited by -Sentinel-; 2013-08-21 at 10:36 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Running:

Playing:

11. - Top - End - #71

AssassinGuy

"Of course. Should you require anything on matters of social importance please do not hesitate to contact me; actually should you require assistance at all, please contact me." said Jacob as he gave her his phone number.

"Now if you will excuse me, it's time to curry some favor with the Fourth Estate." whispered Jacob as he smiled again.

With that Jacob turned towards the commotion behind them as he made his way over to Ellen. A sympathetic look now on his face.

"Oh, what happened? Are you alright Ellen? We should get you back to your place, a fresh change of clothes seems necessary." said Jacob as he slipped off his blazer and warped it around Ellen's shoulders.

Spoiler
    Show
    Happy, happy days!

Manipulation (4) + persuasion (4) to convince Ellen to go back to her place and change.

(8d10)[1][3][4][1][1][8][8][8](34)

10 Again (8d10)[5][9][6][7][9][10][8][7](61)
    Last edited by savior indra; 2013-08-21 at 11:22 PM.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Bugbear in the Playground

Sensing that Conrad is just going to keep bothering Adam and Allison, Leon opts to step in. Not like we need another Maxwell around here. He maneuvers over to the table where the three of them have congregated, getting close enough to overhear Allison's comment on them being weirder than their enemies. "I kind of like that, actually. Makes for a good slogan. Maybe we should get business cards." Leon chuckles, and claps a hand on Conrad's shoulder. "Allison, it's good to see you. I do apologize for any disruption Conrad here caused." He starts attempting maneuver Conrad away from the table. "C'mon, we've bothered them enough for now. Let's let them have some peace. Adam, Allison, we'll catch up with you later." As he half-leads, half-drags Conrad away from Adam and Allison, Leon mutters, "Do I have to look into getting you a leash? Or a muzzle?"
    Quote Originally Posted by CN the Logos View Post
    They're just there, and horribly fatal when one stumbles across them, like self-aware landmines.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ogre in the Playground

Adam opens his mouth to speak, but allows it to close into a smug smile as he sees Leon approaching. He gives the scientist a nod and a wink as he drags Conrad away before turning back to Ally, "Yeah, having a social life is healthy. Ooorr so I hear." He finishes with a weak chuckle.
    -Odentin

14. - Top - End - #74
    Dwarf in the Playground

Conrad felt a small twinge of annoyance at the brusqueness that Adam seemed to show. While mostly an acquaintance, the fencer tended to have a way with people and had hoped that more acquaintances could be built up from the base. It seemed not to be the case. Even Leon had to step in, as if he was some sort of common brute wishing to steal a woman away. He did not budge easily, but in the end he moved, giving a congenial nod to the lovebirds, "Well then, enjoy your time, folks! If you need me, I'll be... over... here."

Stalking slightly behind Leon, his voice lowered, remaining hushed and slightly curt, "I don't see why you had to stop me. It didn't seem like anyone else was going to approach this politics thing and the whole deal seems fishy. Standing around looking at your feet sure isn't going to anything..." The sound of a woman's shouts interrupted his diatribe and Conrad turned his head, easily seeing over the crowd and noticing the mess of coffee and accusations and a savior with a blazer. It all seemed fishy... He had a nose for these sorts of things and it bothered him when he couldn't figure something out properly. After a moment of silence, Conrad sighed, furrowing his brow, "Look, when I got into this thing, I imagined there was danger everywhere. After all, the world is filled with this terror and it's good at hiding. There must be all sorts of evil. I might be imagining that there's fishy things happening as we speak, but we do need to work together, damn it."

15. - Top - End - #75

Leon looked in the same direction as Conrad, noting the somewhat burly student who had spilled hot coffee on... Wait, he had seen that girl before. Who was she? Jaime had worked with her, Jaime was on the school newspaper... It was the editor, what was her name? It was on the tip of his tongue.

As his mind set to scouring itself for the editor's name, Leon responded to Conrad's statements. "I dragged you away because those two were hoping to get some time alone, or as alone as you can get in here, before one of them had to go to class. I know the feeling, believe it or not. As for the what's going on right now," Ellen! That was her name! "No, none of this is fishy. I mean yes, this Douglas Slater group handing out that much money to students getting involved in student politics is a bit weird, but not our business kind of weird. At least not yet. It becomes our business when, and if, any students start looking for, shall we say, unfair advantages to help them win."
    They're just there, and horribly fatal when one stumbles across them, like self-aware landmines.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Titan in the Playground

Jacob

"Oh, what happened? Are you alright Ellen? We should get you back to your place, a fresh change of clothes seems necessary."

"Hmpf," snorted Ellen, glaring after the retreating Michael and clutching her reddened right hand still holding the now-ruined tape recorder. "Fµcking douche, didn't even apologize. Sh!t, that hurts. I'll need to put some ice on it."

She let Jacob lead her away, but refused the blazer. "Thanks. We can go to the newspaper's office in the social sciences building. I always keep some spare clothes there for when I have to work whole nights." She gave Jacob a curious look. "Were you talking to Michelle about the election?" she asked, already switching back to investigative reporter mode.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by ToySoldierCPlus View Post
    Not like we need another Maxwell around here.
    Can we call him Max to avoid confusion with the university, unless a situation calls for using his full name? (Sorry, this is just me being anal-retentive. )
    Spoiler
    Show
    Running:

Playing:

17. - Top - End - #77

AssassinGuy

"I was actually asking about whether she had taken the Economics, Society, and Law course I'm taking this semester. I heard it was tough and I knew that she was a law student so I was hoping she could offer me some pointers." lied Jacob as he casually strolled towards the social science building with Ellen.

"So were you trying to get an interview with her? She seemed a bit tense, although I guess when you have been president comfortably for two years and who knows how many people are suddenly painting a target on your back, anyone would be tense."

Spoiler
    Show
    Mani (4) + Subterfuge (3) + willpower (3) = 10d10

(10d10)[3][7][4][3][7][7][3][8][10][2](54)

10 Again (10d10)[10][7][1][7][2][4][1][1][10][6](49)

18. - Top - End - #78
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flustered into inactivity, Conrad took off his top hat, looked up at the ceiling and let out a frustrated grunt. Inactivity did not become him. All his life, he had been proactive, eternally pushing for his goals, whether they be fencing or fleecing or f...floozying. "I'm sorry... I shouldn't be so impatient. I realize this is a serious thing, which is why I am concerned. Do you want to live your life always feeling like you are going to get jumped? I'm willing to bet that..." The gambler points a long skinny finger across the crowd to the major players in the incident: The girl reporter who currently had coffee over her, the serious-looking girl in the green suit, and the kid going from the latter to the former, "One of those three are involved in... said unfair advantages..."

Conrad had to remind himself to act normally... It seemed difficult to phase out of his high energy and uniquity and actually take things as slowly as everyone around him. He found it cripplingly boring. "Okay, I won't say anything more. Even if they are involved, I can't just go snooping around. I'm no detective... Leon, is it? Tell me a bit about yourself. What's your Major? What do you like to do? I can't be treating my allies like strangers anymore."

19. - Top - End - #79
    Ogre in the Playground

Adam smiles at Allison, simply at a loss for what to say, but enjoying her company. Suddenly, his head snaps back to look at Leon and Conrad, and a "duh" look crosses his face. He pulls his phone out of his pocket and shoots a text to Leon, Danny Novak. Archery team table. You know him? Set the Fool on him. Get some answers about where he bought the toys, or convince him to tell me.

Turning back up to Allison, he gives a meek smile, "Sorry. Flash of inspiration. Had to seize it."
    -Odentin

20. - Top - End - #80

Leon smiles, pleased to see that Conrad is trying to relax a bit. "I'm a Bio major, and my free time used to be taken up mostly with video games, reading, time with my girlfriend, that sort of thing. Since joining this motley crew, however, that's changed a bit. What about you? What brought you to Maxwe--" Leon is interrupted by the buzzing of his phone in his pocket. "Uh, sorry, hang on." He fishes the phone from his pocket and opens the message from Adam. Reading it, he shows it to Conrad. "Remember when you asked about leads, and I mentioned the kid who made the snowmen? He's over there, and now's your chance to do some investigating, if you're up for it." Leon indicates the Archery table.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Dwarf in the Playground

Well, not much he already knew, with the exception of Leon having a girlfriend. That made Conrad pause a moment in surprise before shrugging it off as a fluke. Still it seemed like they were warming up slightly, if certain technology didn't get in the way. Conrad was about to tell his story of despair and heated lust, but instead was given a job... Question-gathering. While hardly his forte, he was not at all terrible at getting people to listen to him. It was prying the secrets from their greedy hands that was the issue. With a flashy smile and a nod, he replied, "That blonde kid over there? I'll handle it." With that, he began to stride his way towards the Archery Club table.

Conrad felt time move slowly as he walked and thought. He was hardly the brightest bulb, but he knew that to flatter and to persuade, you needed to get into the target's head. Understand what angle to play at. It was just like cards, except more was at stake than money. Conrad found a nice secluded corner where he could properly change. Taking off his hat and collapsing it, he slides it into a large pocket in his coat and pulls out a pair of glasses. They had no prescription, but people had different perceptions about glasses. Weakness seemed to be associated with them. He slouched, while hardly making him small, put him near average height amongst the guys and less intimidating. Finally, he takes off his suit jacket and places it in a satchel he carried on his shoulder, appearing in a button up shirt and slacks. Everything was in appearances, after all. He walked towards the archery table with a slight limp, allowing the cane to actually serve its purpose as he made his way towards the ruddy youth, waving a hand "Danny! Danny!"

When he actually got to the table, he began to catch his breath, speaking with winded words, "Sorry Danny, I know I shouldn't bug you, but I wanted to let you know that I'm a huge fan. Oh, I forgot. I'm Leonard Mcoy, journalist... I wanted to see if I could get an interview. I'm convinced that you are going to be the new star in Archery. I'd love to get your words on the state of the sport." Then all of the sudden, Conrad twinges in pain, letting out a pained sound, "Aaow.... Migraine. Sorry, all this noise is terrible for my headaches. Is there any way we can go someplace quieter. It's awful noisy. Maybe there?" Conrad points to the backstage, where he imagines few people would actually be. Also it was close enough to actually justify walking there.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Jonah finally reappears next to Leon, a cup of coffee in one hand, his books in the other, and a doughnut crammed in his mouth. He raises a curious eyebrow, quirking his head a bit as Conrad slinks off. "Wha' 'id Ah mish?" he asks, his words muffled by delicious breakfast-y goodness.
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Matthew appears next to Jonah , Laptop under one arm and a half eaten sandwitch on the other.

" What, happened? Let's search for a table, I wanna see what i can find out about this Slater group online"

24. - Top - End - #84
    Titan in the Playground

Adam

"Uh-huh," said Allison, frowning. "Nothing that concerns me, I suppose? You look preoccupied."

Matthew

The first part of Matthew's Internet research was easy: it consisted simply of googling Slater Capital. According to its well-designed but minimalistic website, the Chicago-based company was a small stock-trading operation, founded fifteen years ago by the eponymous Douglas Slater and employing only a dozen people, most of them financial professionals. They offered a few services to the public such as investment management, financial advice, and loans for emerging companies, but most of their income seemed to come from buying stocks and selling them at a profit. According to Douglas Slater's bio page, the man himself had a bachelor's degree in Economics and a master's degree in Business Administration, both from Maxwell University; he liked golfing, Thai cuisine and jazz music. His picture showed a whip-thin, smiling fortysomething with receding dark hair and a three-piece suit. The website also included the company's address and contact information.

Some news sites reported on Slater Capital's philanthropic endeavors - mostly, generous cash prizes for various events such as science fairs, athletic competitions and art shows, all in the Chicago area. According to financial news, Slater Capital was a highly successful and quickly growing company that had never experienced significant losses. The only dirt to be found about them was a legal action by the Internal Revenue Service over their use of tax havens; the whole thing had been settled out of court two years ago.

Spoiler
    Show
    If there are other specific things you'd like to look for, just tell me. Your excellent skill check bought you a right to a significant amount of info.
    Last edited by -Sentinel-; 2013-08-22 at 08:04 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Running:

Playing:

25. - Top - End - #85
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    I'll look further into Douglas Slater's life information from back when he was still a student in Maxwell university. (Was he a nerd? a Jock? What extra curricular activities did he partake in. Was he a member of some fraternity?)

26. - Top - End - #86
    Ogre in the Playground

Adam gives Allison a reassuring smile, "Annoyed. With Conrad. I'm sorry. Got him occupied now, though. Won't be bothering us again. And it depends on how 'concerned' you want to be..." He trails off, obvious concern in his voice. Instead, he leans over and wraps his arm around her.
    -Odentin

27. - Top - End - #87

As Leon leads Matt and Joanh over to an unoccupied table where he can survey the room, he fills them both in on what's happened so far. "Not much, yet. Adam ID'd the kid who sicced the snowlems on him; I sicced Conrad on him." Leon glances over at the archery table, where Conrad seems to be floundering a bit. "He looks like he might need some help, though."

28. - Top - End - #88
    Titan in the Playground

Adam

"Oh, I think your friend Conrad seems pretty cool," Allison murmured with a serene smile, hugging Adam back. "Of course, as long as he can't nail a fly into the wall with an arrow, I'm not leaving you for him."

Matthew

Matt's research into Douglas Slater's university life yielded very little. There was a relatively recent picture of him at a class reunion for the 10-year anniversary of the 1996 promotion of the Economics program; an archived text from the school newspaper mentioning him as having come second place in his program's yearly Virtual Stock Exchange Contest in 1995; and the transcription of an inspirational speech he gave four years ago to Maxwell University's new cohort of MBA students, in which he mentioned studying at Maxwell but gave no meaningful details about his time there. The lack of information was hardly surprising: Slater had gone to university in the mid-to-late Nineties, back when most of what was put on paper never found its way online.

Jacob

Spoiler
    Show
    Ellen's Wits 3 + Empathy 1: (4d10)[1][6][3][9](19)
    10-again: (2d10)[9][8](17)

Ellen grinned. "I know, right? This'll make an interesting election for once. Me and my crew, we'll cover every moment of it. I'm planning to invite the candidates to a bunch of public debates and speeches this week and the next. And they'd better come, or I'll destroy them. I know juicy secrets about anyone who's anyone on campus."

They emerged outside in the cold and headed briskly towards the social sciences building.

Spoiler
    Show
    To respect the timing and distance and stay in sync with everyone else, we might have to prolong this conversation a bit to make it last until we reach the newspaper's office, unless you're willing to stay on standby.
    Last edited by -Sentinel-; 2013-08-22 at 11:12 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Running:

Playing:

29. - Top - End - #89

AssassinGuy

"I bet. Comes with the job I'm guessing?" said Jacob with a grin toward the girl.

"So, humor me. What do you know about me?" asked Jacob as they slowly made their way towards the Social Sciences building.

"Public debates and speeches huh? I doubt anyone planning to run can actually beat a third year Law student when it comes to debates and speeches but it wouldn't hurt to help her prepare... This is all moving quite fast. Maybe even faster then normal..."

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm fine with Jacob and Ellen conversing until they get to the Social Sciences building, give me more time to roleplay Jacob and slip better into character.

Also can I make a Politics + Int roll to see if this election seems to have sped up more than what is usual at Maxwell?

30. - Top - End - #90
    Titan in the Playground

"So, humor me. What do you know about me?"

Ellen laughed and shook her head. "Y'know, they say there's two rules to have success in life... and the first rule is: don't reveal everything you know." She winked.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Running:

Playing: