New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: 3.5 Anime Game (IC)

Takashi shakes his head sadly at the fis-man. "Bad luck friend. But don't worry, you won't have long to ponder how you will suffer for your misfortune, I'll make it quick." Twirling his swords, Takashi slashes at the creature's belly, then at it's throat.

Spoiler
    Show

Iron Flurry Onslaught
    (1d20+9)[20] Attack 1
    (1d20+8)[20] Attack 2
    (1d6+3)[7] Damage 1
    (1d6+3)[8] Damage 2
    "Can you do science to it?"
    "I can do science to anything."

2. - Top - End - #32
    Troll in the Playground

Takashi's blades strike true, leaving deep gashes in the fish-man's scaly body. It lets out a pained gurgle which might have been an oath in its strange tongue, or might just have been a dying groan, and falls to the ground, bleeding from the twin sword wounds.

(The Fishblade is down and dying.)

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

26 attempts to throw the other fish-man off of it.

Spoiler
    Show
    Grapple check?: (1d20-1)[4]
    For future reference, Sam, should I operate my Constructs or will you?

"Regardless of the outcome of this contest of strength between us, I am confident in your eventual demise."
    "By the way, do you know the best thing about magic? ... Everything." - Sarda, 8 Bit Theater

Thanks to Madcrafter for the avatar!

4. - Top - End - #34
    Dwarf in the Playground

As Takashi gouges the everloving bejeezus out of the armored fishman, Makuta recovers from his missed swing and bares his teeth in what could generously be called a smile. Without another word, he flourishes his massive sword in a dizzying kata before falling into a ready stance and slashing at the remaining foe.

(Move action/standard action: recover maneuvers and attack.)

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack roll: (1d20+9)[16]
    Fullblade damage: (2d8+6)[10]
    Punishing Stance damage: (1d6)[3]
    +1 acid damage
    If you're in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Rallicus
    I picture some NPC kid running up to the wearer, going "Sir... why are you wearing a chopped off hand?", at which point the wearer launches the kid's hat 15 feet away and snarls, "DO YOU UNDERSTAND NOW? THIS IS TRUE POWER!"

5. - Top - End - #35
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by sparky9042 View Post
    26 attempts to throw the other fish-man off of it.

Spoiler
    Show
    Grapple check?: (1d20+7)[8]
    For future reference, Sam, should I operate my Constructs or will you?

"Regardless of the outcome of this contest of strength between us, I am confident in your eventual demise."
    (You can operate your own constructs in the future, also Grapple is d20+BAB+Str. I may have rolled it wrong earlier. Either way, its Str mod is +7 so you're still being grappled, though the point is somewhat moot for this combat, as Makuta's attack knocks it down to negatives.)

Astral Construct Slam:
    Attack: (1d20+7)[8]
    Damage: (1d8+7)[15]

The Astral Construct swings again at the grappling fish-man, but once more is unable to connect. However, Makuta's sword strikes true, and with a gasp, the creature releases 26 and goes still.

(The Fish Monk is down and bleeding out.)

Victory: Everyone gains 350exp.
    Last edited by WhamBamSam; 2013-08-26 at 07:21 PM.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Troll in the Playground

Takashi steps out of the room to check the hall. "Everyone still alive?"

7. - Top - End - #37
    Troll in the Playground

The corridor outside is dimly lit by grey light from an open door at its far end, likely the point from which the fish-men had entered. Along the hallway are a number of doors, perhaps leading to other labs like the one that you had found 26 in.

(So yeah, decide on what you want to do next. Loot bodies, search the lab more thoroughly, head outside, or whatever else might strike your fancy.)

8. - Top - End - #38
    Titan in the Playground

Kami stepped over to the down martial artist and knelt. From there he began to apply pressure to attempt to stop the bleeding.

"Are you alright 26?" He asked calmly to the warfordged as he began to work on the problem.

Spoiler
    Show
    Heal check, 1d20 +int mod cause it's untrained. I know, probably a waste but my character doesn't know what's on his sheet and since it didn't just drop and die gotta make the effort.

(1d20+3)[17]
    "I Burn!"

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ogre in the Playground

"I was not severely damaged. I am capable of repairing myself."

26 looks around the room. "The presence of our intruders raises several questions... How did they get in? Will we be subject to further attacks? What might they have found in their exploration?"

26 and its psicrystal begins to look through the bodies of the two fishmen.

Spoiler
    Show
    26's search: (1d20+5)[17]
    Psicrystal's search: (1d20+3)[4]
    "By the way, do you know the best thing about magic? ... Everything." - Sarda, 8 Bit Theater

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground

Lal made her way over to the dying monk, attempted to help Kami stabilize him.

(Using an Aid Another action.)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Spoiler: Characters
    Show

11. - Top - End - #41
    Titan in the Playground

It didn't take too long to get the bleeding to stop, and that done Kami began moving to the next matter.

"Alright, now the other one Lal. 26, if you have any skill at medican on organic bodies it would be appreciated. Takashi, Makuta, if you wouldn't mind checking there bodies for anything of use and revealing them of weapons?"

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+3)[14] Heal check to try to stop the other one form bleeding out.
    "I Burn!"

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ogre in the Playground

Lal followed Kami to the other body and attempted to help stabilize him as well. For good measure, she gave the greatsword a kick, sending it scattering away.

Spoiler
    Show
    Aid Another, naturally.
    Last edited by Hawkflight; 2013-08-28 at 11:30 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Spoiler: Characters
    Show

13. - Top - End - #43
    Troll in the Playground

"Any reason why you're bothering to save them?"

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+2)[20] Search, search, search the fish monster

14. - Top - End - #44
    Dwarf in the Playground

"It does seem rather counterproductive." Makuta stowed his fullblade and approached the fish-men. "It is odd that they were here, though, and instantly attacked. Why were they so confident? Or desperate?"

Spoiler
    Show
    SEARCHING TIME!
    (1d20+2)[5]

I picture some NPC kid running up to the wearer, going "Sir... why are you wearing a chopped off hand?", at which point the wearer launches the kid's hat 15 feet away and snarls, "DO YOU UNDERSTAND NOW? THIS IS TRUE POWER!"

15. - Top - End - #45
    Titan in the Playground

"Unnecessary killing goes against my training. If they'd died before they'd hit the ground I'd have just left it at that, but as it stands I feel I should at least try to get them alive." He answered as he kept working on the other one.
    "I Burn!"

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground

"I do not possess knowledge on how to repair the structures of organic beings."

17. - Top - End - #47
    Troll in the Playground

Lal's Heal Check (Needs to be 10 for Aid Another to work):

[roll0]

Searchers:

The fish-men don't seem to have been planning on a long expedition. Neither carries any rations, and apart from the mail and sword that one had used, they have precious little by way of equipment. The sword wielder does however have a pack made of some strange material, in which the tattered and moldy remains of centuries old books and notebooks have been stored, along with a small pouch containing a sizable number of ancient coins.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Troll in the Playground

Bah, here's the Heal roll.

(1d20-1)[5]

Despite Lal's efforts, she is not of much help with Kami's ministration to the warrior. The creature continues bleeding.
    Last edited by WhamBamSam; 2013-08-28 at 08:45 PM.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Titan in the Playground

Kami keeps working on it, remembering his training, keeping his patients in check.

(1d20+3)[17]

"Anyone else wants to help apply pressure now would be a good time."

He offers to the remainder of the group.
    "I Burn!"

20. - Top - End - #50
    Troll in the Playground

This time Kami is successful. The fish-man's wound is stanched, and it begins breathing more easily.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Troll in the Playground

"Hmm. Looks like they were searching for something here, some bit of knowledge." He sets aside the book remains. "Looks like they also found a bit of coin."

22. - Top - End - #52
    Troll in the Playground

Takashi flips through the books the fishmen had. "Some of these are spellbooks, the rest are notes on magical experiments. I might be able to figure out more after I can go through all this in detail." He stuffs it all into his pack.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Just what we need," Makuta sighed as he continued rummaging around the room, looking for anything of importance. "Fish-people with magic. Enough of it going around as it is. So, move on?"

24. - Top - End - #54
    Titan in the Playground

Kami took a water bottle out and rinsed his and Lal's hands of the blood form the first aid, satisfied that he'd done the first major part of making sure he'd prevented needlessly excessive death.

"Books may be of interst to our employer then. Yes, we probably should move on a bit, though I want to find a room we can lock these two in for the time being. I recall there was a church not far from here. When we go to actually depart we can transfer them there but for now I just want to get them out of the way."

He though for a moment before turning to Lal.

"Remind me when we do go to depart to have you look at those books."
    "I Burn!"

25. - Top - End - #55
    Troll in the Playground

"We should just leave them, they're not dying so after some rest they can just go home. Unless we want to fix one up enough to talk so we can try to get information out of him. If we do, do the one with the armor, disarmed he's less of a threat."

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ogre in the Playground

"I would protest the seizure of the books, since there is a good chance they belonged to my creator, but...given the state of things, this lab does not look to have been used for a while... Who is your employer?"

Dead fishy guys! Wait...do I know what they are?

Spoiler
    Show
    Psicrystal's Know (dungeoneering) check: (1d20)[5]
    Last edited by sparky9042; 2013-09-03 at 12:35 AM.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Titan in the Playground

"I'll feel better about leaving them if we can lock them somewhere so nothing comes behind us and finishes them. And besides, that way we've got a better chance of questioning them."

Kami responded as he moves to one the Fish mens heads and takes it's shoulders carefully. "Someone wanna grab the other end?"
    "I Burn!"

28. - Top - End - #58
    Troll in the Playground

Takashi puts his swords away and helps Kami.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Troll in the Playground

Examining the corridor, you find several rooms much like the one you were just in. Those at the far end of the corridor have already been ransacked, likely by the fish-men you just defeated. One of them does have part of a magical shape of some kind on the floor, but it's difficult to make out, and there appears to have been some sort of accident in the room before they even got there. The cieling is caved in and there appears to have been a fire. The remaining three have seemingly not been touched for centuries. In one, you see a dusty glass cylindrical tank filled with some strange green liquid, and containing some strange hideous monstrosity. It is generally humanoid in form and appearance, but lines of stitches adorn its body and it seems to be composed of parts from a number of different sources (Knowledge(Arcana) to identify). Across the hall from this chamber is a room containing a strange magical apparatus, which, though covered in dust, appears to be relatively undamaged. Finally, across the hall, you find a lab containing a number of notebooks and documents similar to those the fish men had been carrying but seemingly pertaining to a distinct subject (ie Knowledge(Arcana) doesn't work, Knowledge(Psionics) will, though as with the arcane texts it'll take a while studying them for 26 to get much out of them beyond the fact that they were notes kept by his creator). At the end of the hallway opposite the exit into the ruined city at large is a door which appears to lead back in the general direction from which you came before meeting up with 26. Of all these rooms, only the one with the tank and the one with the strange device appear to have working locks. The other doors have had their locks corroded by the ages or were broken down by the fish-men.

Crappy MS Paint Map of the Lab
    Spoiler
    Show

Red indicates a doorway, the purple thing is the magical apparatus, and the green circle is the tank.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ogre in the Playground

"Unfortunately, there are limits to my knowledge of my creator's lab. Would any of you perchance be familiar with the arcane enough to know what that creature is?"

Spoiler
    Show
    What knowledge check, if any, would let us know what happened in the room with the magical apparatus?