New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Altaran Irregulars HQ/IAV Sanctuary

[Diplomatic Meeting]

"I see, then at a latter time. Good day."

And so the envoy is sent out, where he rejoins his fellows, who heads off to get that radio booster needed to reach their king. This is important.

2. - Top - End - #272
    Orc in the Playground

[Spire Entrance]

"Your intelligence has been passed along. Unfortunately, we're not at liberty to do anything in Riverside, as it's not a Union member. If there's anything you can do to stop them, it'll be welcome, and we're preparing in case our hand is forced," the guard explains. Riverside would not exactly welcome a Union intervention, and they'll be watching anyway. If all else fails, they probably will do something.
    Spoiler
    Show

by Happyturtle and Ashen Lilies

FFR Links:

3. - Top - End - #273
    Pixie in the Playground

[Spire Entrance]

Verise tilts her head, then chuckles softly

So... allright. You hold the Town, after all is said and done, and that's it. Granted, it's a lot bigger than it was when we ran the show, briefly though that may have been... but you swept in during the Great Schism and you stomped around... and now it's up to us again after all.

Ya know, at one point I really did think we'd be fighting you. Scared the crap outta me 'cause we were outnumbered and under-equipped. I was glad that WinterHearth never managed to contact us... hoped the Zerg would eat you, but that never happened, either.

You sit tight on the ruins of the old Town Council chambers... we'll take care of things just like we used to. Or die trying - either way's good, frankly.

She turns to head back to the shuttle

Alert the 'fury and the 'den: all hands, full alert. Final Strike - it's time to go home. Recall the Temple garrison, too... and I do mean everyone.

The aide swallows, but types the orders on his tablet.

4. - Top - End - #274
    Orc in the Playground

[Spire Entrance]

"The hell are you talking about?" The guards around seem rather put off by this rambling. Now, that wasn't entirely true. The Union does hold other places away from the city, but none as major as Inside itself, and Riverside is not among them. Riverside simply happens to be independent of them.

Meanwhile intelligence continues to filter through.

A certain operation was probably about to get a lot more complicated.
    Spoiler
    Show

FFR Links:

5. - Top - End - #275
    Pixie in the Playground

[Spire Entrance]

Before your day, sonny: look up the history of this place sometime!

The shuttle door closes and the vehicle begins to pull away.

6. - Top - End - #276

[Spire Entrance]

Not a long while after they left, the group from the Stormy Isles returns, only this time most of them are dressed a bit differently. More of clothing and gear useful for stealth and battle than organizing documents and socializing. The envoy is still wearing his finer coat through.

"Gentlemen, may we speak with the sub-commander? We were told to make know some information to her, regarding the current crisis."

7. - Top - End - #277
    Ogre in the Playground

[Spire Entrance]

A trio of elves approached the entrance. The lead elf had his blonde hair cropped short and wore simple clothing of cotton and leather in shades of white and brown. A satchel was slung over his shoulder. His companions wore mithral chainmail, clearly meant to act as guards, and carried swords at their hips.

The lead elf sought out a guard or someone else who seemed to hold some authority and announced "We are a diplomatic envoy seeking to speak with your commanders."
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.

8. - Top - End - #278
    Orc in the Playground

[Spire Entrance]

Oh boy. Help.

The guard who's been doing the talking starts to respond...when the sound of a transporter beam can be heard from behind both groups. The guards salute as it ends, and upon turning around, it'll become very evident why.

"You have one. Talk. I'm the most anyone is going to get right now, and I doubt we have time to waste on the formalities," announces the newly-present Vice Commander, now fully armored, with a holstered disruptor. It's clear she expects trouble.
    Spoiler
    Show

FFR Links:

9. - Top - End - #279

[Spire Entrance]

The envoy and his group look at the elven party before turning to face the Vice-comander.

"Ah yes. Our King has given us our orders, we are to support the efforts to keep Riverside intact and Vyne's head on his shoulders. Therefore, we are to assist you. My team might be able to give more time for others."

(There, fixed.)
    Last edited by ThePhantom; 2015-06-11 at 01:37 AM.

10. - Top - End - #280
    Ogre in the Playground

[Spire Entrance]

((They're not drow! At least, they don't look it))

The lead elf bows respectfully and reaches into his satchel to produce a cream colored envelope sealed with blue wax. He offers it to the vice-commander. She will notice the sigil embossed into the wax is the spider and web design of House Xar'Cha.

"We wish to extend our hospitality and offer your commander, and any he wishes to accompany him, safety and asylum with us." The elf explains.

The envelope contains a letter from Sornnolu Xar'Cha, the administrative leader of Delmah Phor and provides details. Vryn would be provided accommodations fitting his station and security befitting a matron. Sornnolu urges him to accept, because although their two organizations have little in common and little dealings with one another, there was a mutual interest in not losing the city of Riverside and not giving in to the demands of the terrorist's that the syndicate is. To do so would only invite further chaos, and House Xar'Cha cannot abandon her allies in the Union when they have pledged their forces to it.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

11. - Top - End - #281
    Orc in the Playground

[Spire Entrance]

"We would prefer not to intervene directly if possible, since Riverside isn't exactly our territory and we would rather not start another war. However, the help is appreciated, and if you need a way to get to Riverside to help quickly, I can get you there. Not inside the plant itself, they're no doubt using EI's lockdown system, but to the city," N'alae explains to the Isles party as she takes the letter to read it.

"This is...perhaps you might want to discuss this after I send these gentlemen on their way?"
    Spoiler
    Show

FFR Links:

12. - Top - End - #282

[Spire Entrance]

"Just get us to where its power cables are and we can get to work."

The envoy nods, the sooner, the better, in this case.

13. - Top - End - #283
    Ogre in the Playground

[Spire Entrance]

The lead elf nods and bows and he backs away to wait with his two guards.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

14. - Top - End - #284
    Orc in the Playground

[Spire Entrance]

"What you'll need to work towards is clearing the Syndicate forces from the power plant itself. Do that, and the threat to the city will be dealt with. Bypass or eliminate the troops outside it, just make sure they are denied control of the facility and do not allow it to overload." N'alae holds out her hand, and then in much the same way as she first appeared, a small commlink materializes in it. She offers it to the Isles' envoy. "Here. To keep in contact."

Assuming he takes it, she will then beam him and his group to Westside, outside EI's local headquarters. Not the plant itself, of course, that would not be the best idea.

Then she will turn to the elves.

"What kind of security can you offer, relative to our own?"
    Spoiler
    Show

FFR Links:

15. - Top - End - #285

[Spire Entrance]

"Keeping it from overloading is our plan. Thank you."

The envoy takes the commlink, and away his group goes.

16. - Top - End - #286
    Ogre in the Playground

[Spire Entrance]

The lead elf fishes out a crystal amulet from under his shirt and gives it a twist. A slight high pitched buzzing comes at the edge of hearing as he approaches again to speak.

"It's true we cannot match your forces for sheer military might, but we more than make up for it in subtlety and subterfuge. If hiding is what is needed, then we are certainly experts. We also have some of the strongest mages in the world in our employ, both arcane and divine. However, I believe the most valuable part of our offer is that it is entirely unexpected. As far as anyone knows, our House has absolutely no reason to play host to his lordship, nor would he come to us for assistance. Most likely he would board an airship or sequester himself in a secret bunker, yes? I am sure our mutual enemies would expect such a thing. And yes, they are our enemies as well. Though we do not have a long history here in the Nexus, we have a bright future, and we intend for it to remain that way. The Matron has been making careful enroads into expanding our interests to Riverside, and anyone who has the power to flatten an entire city should be taken as a serious threat. If they succeed in Riverside, it naturally follows that their next target will be the heart of the Nexus itself, and then where would any of us be?"
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

17. - Top - End - #287
    Orc in the Playground

[Spire Entrance]

"While the offer is appreciated, and I see your reasoning, I'm not certain it's needed. There have been no attempts to carry out the Syndicate's demands, and to do something so unprecedented would be...what is the expression in this language? Jumping the gun?" N'alae explains. "Moreover, barring instantaneous transportation of some variety, which tends to be blocked in any location with any concern for security, the transit presents an opportunity for anyone who would. Well, barring bypass codes."

I wonder if Delmah Phor has some kind of bypass for that sort of thing.

"If you could alleviate that concern, perhaps, I could relay this to him, and see what he thinks."
    Last edited by Darkcomet; 2015-06-15 at 09:36 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

FFR Links:

18. - Top - End - #288
    Ogre in the Playground

[Spire Entrance]

The lead elf glanced back at one of his guards, a female, who nodded, before he continued.

"We can teleport into Delmah Phor and further into the Palace itself. It would be a two step process, I should tell you, but we would only be in transition for mere moments, and even then we would be in a secure position within the walls of Delmah Phor. As I am sure you are aware, travel into and out of the district is monitored, and we do take special note of foreigners." It was an odd point of view for the drow, relatively new settlers in the Nexus, would consider anyone else foreign.

"Furthermore, he would be given a secure place beneath the palace, set in solid bedrock and heavily warded with spells to prevent entry from any means. There is also a failsafe escape route that leads all the way back to Menzoberranzan, which would be well out of the reach of your enemies. I hope I have explained enough to put your minds at ease."
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

19. - Top - End - #289
    Orc in the Playground

[Spire Entrance]

"Hm. I'll be back shortly." The Vice Commander vanishes, in much the same way as she first appeared.

One of the guards mutters something about drow thinking they can't do their jobs. The other one shoots him a look that, even with the helmet, says 'dude, shut up before they hear you and poison us or something.'

Said guard does stop the muttering, in favor of actually talking. "She'll be talking to the High Commander now. Might be a delay, they're obviously very busy right now."
    Spoiler
    Show

FFR Links:

20. - Top - End - #290
    Ogre in the Playground

Unless they were standing within a few feet, the guards may not have heard very much of the conversation, also these drow are disguised as regular surface elves. And they would never think of poisoning an ally!

The trio waits patiently for the Vice Commander to return.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel