New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 19 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282944 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #541
    Lammergeier
    Guest in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] The Black Dragon's Den XI

Quote Originally Posted by aric_kale View Post
    Trucido may be aiming to skewer Garn, but he should find that the Jedi is already rolling away. Now, if jumping is the way Trucido wants to play, he'd better hope Immitis can keep up with them. Kubo attempts to leap over Trucido, hopefully landing between the charging Apprentice and Darth Calamity. Why? Who the hell knows...
    He's still oozing confidence, holding his master's old blade with ease. You never could defeat Sentinel while in Ai-Kal's hands. It took your temptress knocking him unconscious to allow you to murder your old...our old master...
    Now you're an emotional wreck, waiting to collapse. I was always the one encouraging you to greatness, to sit beside me one day in the Jedi Council. Instead, you threw it all away. All that made you Trucido Amare. Give up.

Assuming Garn made it to his lucky spot between his rival and the charging Sith-to-be, he'll throw his saber in a wide arc behind Immitis, attempting to bring it back to himself...through the apprentice's body.

)(By no means does this attack have to be 100% successful. It could either graze you, or even miss completely. Don't feel too pressured Lan.)(
    Immitis notices the attack that Kubo chose and is going to alter his charge so that he can deflect the lightsaber throw entirely, but giving up his charge attempt. Immitis is a rookie in the sith world, but not out of tricks. He realizes that the only way to defeat Kubo is through tactical finesse not brute force, his forte.

2. - Top - End - #542
    Ogre in the Playground

Trucido may be aiming to skewer Garn, but he should find that the Jedi is already rolling away. Now, if jumping is the way Trucido wants to play, he'd better hope Immitis can keep up with them. Kubo attempts to leap over Trucido, hopefully landing between the charging Apprentice and Darth Calamity. Why? Who the hell knows...
    He's still oozing confidence, holding his master's old blade with ease. You never could defeat Sentinel while in Ai-Kal's hands. It took your temptress knocking him unconscious to allow you to murder your old...our old master...
    Now you're an emotional wreck, waiting to collapse. I was always the one encouraging you to greatness, to sit beside me one day in the Jedi Council. Instead, you threw it all away. All that made you Trucido Amare. Give up.

Assuming Garn made it to his lucky spot between his rival and the charging Sith-to-be, he'll throw his saber in a wide arc behind Immitis, attempting to bring it back to himself...through the apprentice's body.

)(By no means does this attack have to be 100% successful. It could either graze you, or even miss completely. Don't feel too pressured Lan.)(
    Damn. Garn totally just swirled around a ton of very painful memories in Trucido's mind. Not... The best way to attack a Sith Lord. Darth Calamity's face contorts into a mask of rage, his fangs slightly puncturing his skin. A bit of pain mixed with his intense anger. A perfect and deadly combination for a Sith that relied on hatred to fuel him. Trucido Amar is DEAD....Temptress? TEMPTRESS?!?! I LOVED HER, AND YOU KILLED HER! RAAAAHHH!!!

The area around Trucido is now thick with Dark Energy and Darth Calamity gestures his head at the large dumpster that was in the alley nearby. The dumpster rises easily, before moving at incredibly rapid speeds towards Garn Kubo, the five hundred pound object flowing with garbage as it propelled towards Kubo, the velocity and weight from the object enough to send Garn flying through the air with several broken bones. I. Am. DARTH CALAMITY! I AM POWER!!! Now the air around Trucido is clearly affected, for anyone 20 feet from Trucido should feel the effects of Fear and Despair, his power affecting others emotions.

3. - Top - End - #543
    Halfling in the Playground

Aye, Trucido received a power boost, but he's also more likely to make a mistake. At the same time, Garn is saberless with a dumpster flying towards him, so blocking is not an option...
    Jump time! Garn leaps on top of the glorified trashcan and rolls, reaching for his saber with the Force. Unless Immitis can slice a flying handle, Kubo should be able to recover his blade. If successful, The Jedi Master dashes from the soaring dumpster towards Trucido...right into his Force Wave. Garn gets tossed backwards, clutching his left wrist upon impact. Apparently he landed on it awkwardly. Damn.
    TIME FOR MONOLOGING!
    Yes, I killed the witch that tore you apart inside! My only regret being the fact that I didn't find out what was happening to you before you and the cold-blooded murderer annihilated fifteen CHILDREN. Children, Trucido.
    Now you have this boy in your care. What is your plan? Ruin him worse than you yourself have been ruined?

Alright, Garn is ready to continue. Teeth grinding from the pain in his wrist, he charges Trucido in a zigzag formation, leaping from wall to wall until he's just above and in front of his adversary. At this point, Garn leaps from the air in an attempt to cleave Truce in two with a one-handed blow.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Zane and Aric by Recaiden. Aric Kat by Hatter.

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler: FFRP Newbie Links
    Show

4. - Top - End - #544
    Lammergeier
    Guest in the Playground

Aye, Trucido received a power boost, but he's also more likely to make a mistake. At the same time, Garn is saberless with a dumpster flying towards him, so blocking is not an option...
    Jump time! Garn leaps on top of the glorified trashcan and rolls, reaching for his saber with the Force. Unless Immitis can slice a flying handle, Kubo should be able to recover his blade. If successful, The Jedi Master dashes from the soaring dumpster towards Trucido...right into his Force Wave. Garn gets tossed backwards, clutching his left wrist upon impact. Apparently he landed on it awkwardly. Damn.
    TIME FOR MONOLOGING!
    Yes, I killed the witch that tore you apart inside! My only regret being the fact that I didn't find out what was happening to you before you and the cold-blooded murderer annihilated fifteen CHILDREN. Children, Trucido.
    Now you have this boy in your care. What is your plan? Ruin him worse than you yourself have been ruined?

Alright, Garn is ready to continue. Teeth grinding from the pain in his wrist, he charges Trucido in a zigzag formation, leaping from wall to wall until he's just above and in front of his adversary. At this point, Garn leaps from the air in an attempt to cleave Truce in two with a one-handed blow.
    With Calamity's fear and pain aura affecting Immitis, he has not choice, but to dodge the attacks and the garbage holder coming at him. Stop Chucking things at me! With an attempt to destroy Kubo's blade he damages the ground from his saberstaff, but fails to damage the lightsaber handle.

5. - Top - End - #545
    Ogre in the Playground

TIME FOR MONOLOGING!

Darth Calamity is obviously feeling particularly stabby at this moment. The Sith Lord raises his own powerful blades, in crossed defensive position. She was my life! You don't understand, you've never loved! SHE WAS EVERYTHING TO ME! With that, Calamity grits his teeth and slices upwards powerfully, attempting to deflect Sentinel with his sabers, and possibly get a shot at Garn's right hand. If that works, then Trucido moves back quickly and drops Scorpio to the ground, sheathing it. Then comes the Force Lightning. Garn may find an incredibly high voltage of dark lightning flying at him, attempting to fry Garn. He keeps his hand stable, and yells at Garn as his lightning flies. I will help this boy do what he needs to do! RID THE WORLD OF DANGEROUS HYPOCRITES LIKE YOU!

6. - Top - End - #546
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    "I told you why. I'd be lying if I said I don't think I can profit from it too. I can help with funding and marketing, and all you have to do is do what you do best." Kirk replies honestly. At least he looks honest to her. "Of course, I'm not just giving this to you out of hand, either. I'm glad to invest, but I need this to go somewhere too."

"Huh. Well, um, color me interested. I sort of have a policy of not making major decisions when not sober and when not having heard all of the details, though. Talk about it over dinner sometime?"

Yeah, there is a catch, but it's an entirely reasonable catch. That's, like, pretty much unheard of.

7. - Top - End - #547
    Ogre in the Playground

"Of course. I'd love to discuss it over dinner. My treat of course. Is there anywhere you prefer?" Kirk says with a satisfied smile. "Restaurante Enchante in Mallside is quite nice." And also very expensive and fancy. Apparently neither are a problem for Kirk.

8. - Top - End - #548
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Catherine raises an eyebrow as he mentions the name of the place. She's never eaten there before, since she usually has little reason to go out and is often quite short on money anyway, but she's heard of it by reputation.

At any rate, she can be fairly sure he's not cheap now.

"I wouldn't mind trying somewhere new. Seven o'clock tomorrow?"

9. - Top - End - #549
    Bugbear in the Playground

Xenna stumbles in, and sits down at the bar.
    The most alcoholic beverage you have, please.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

10. - Top - End - #550
    Barbarian in the Playground

Shark is still at the bar, downing a shot of whiskey and wondering how in the world he got to this dive that was clearly not in Costa Rica.
    Last edited by Devixer; 2013-11-13 at 03:33 PM.

11. - Top - End - #551
    Ogre in the Playground

"That sounds perfect. I'll meet you there." The drow stands and pulls a card from his pocket. "I case we need to get in touch." He holds it out to her. On it is his full name as well as a phone number and email address. "It's been a pleasure to meet you, Catherine. I look forward to speaking with you again soon." And unless she wants something else, he'll be off.

12. - Top - End - #552
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

"Pleased to meet you as well, Kirk. See you tomorrow."

She doesn't stop him from leaving or anything like that, but she takes the business card. She doesn't have a phone or computer for the purposes of actually using these things, but she takes it.

Once Kirk's gone, she continues to nurse her drink, but suddenly Catherine doesn't seem so angry anymore. A slight smirk slips along her face as she continues to sip at the liquor in front of her, thinking all the while.

(scene no longer closed.)

13. - Top - End - #553

Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    "Pleased to meet you as well, Kirk. See you tomorrow."

She doesn't stop him from leaving or anything like that, but she takes the business card. She doesn't have a phone or computer for the purposes of actually using these things, but she takes it.

Once Kirk's gone, she continues to nurse her drink, but suddenly Catherine doesn't seem so angry anymore. A slight smirk slips along her face as she continues to sip at the liquor in front of her, thinking all the while.

(scene no longer closed.)
    Xenna is currently downing a black shadow next to her.
    She looks really, really depressed
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

14. - Top - End - #554
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Catherine's in her own little world right now, if Xenna's looking for someone else to make the first move.

It's just like real visits to the bar, where strangers don't usually interact all that much!

15. - Top - End - #555
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    Xenna is currently downing a black shadow next to her.
    She looks really, really depressed
    Unrealistically, a lone person enters the bar. Even less realistically, they appear to be an anthropomorphic sort of fanciful bird, covered in feathers, ranging from crimson head on their head, through deep purple-blue wings, to a peacock-like tail with fires burning in the center of it, wearing a split coat and too many sashes.

She makes her way up to the bar next to Xenna and orders something at random off the menu. "You look quite sad. Am correct? I've never seen your sort of being before." She barely moves her beak when speaking; must be cheating at sound somehow.
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2013-11-13 at 06:41 PM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

16. - Top - End - #556

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    Unrealistically, a lone person enters the bar. They appear to be a humanoid sort of fanciful bird, covered in feathers, ranging from crimson head on their head, through deep purple-blue wings, to a peacock-like tail with fires burning in the center of it.

She makes her way up to the bar next to Xenna and orders something at random off the menu. "You look quite sad. Am correct? I've never seen your sort of being before." She barely moves her beak when speaking; must be cheating at sound somehow.
    Xenna nods.
    I'm a drow, or Dark elf.
    Xenna sounds forlorn.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

17. - Top - End - #557

The woman nods back. "I am a wolf. There are other brightnesses of elf then?"
    The tone is conversational and sympathetic.
    "What happened?"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

18. - Top - End - #558

The woman nods back. "I am a wolf. There are other brightnesses of elf then?"
    The tone is conversational and sympathetic.
    "What happened?"
    I lost my chance at safety.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

19. - Top - End - #559

The bird's eyes widen. "Only one chance?"
    She takes a large gulp of her drink then.
    "Want hear why? You maybe will have other chances to be safe. I did."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

20. - Top - End - #560

The bird's eyes widen. "Only one chance?"
    She takes a large gulp of her drink then.
    "Want hear why? You maybe will have other chances to be safe. I did."
    I hope so. i need all the chances I can get. The goddess of darkness wants me dead.
    Last edited by Arkhosia; 2013-11-13 at 07:18 PM.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

21. - Top - End - #561

She nods sagely, saying nothing for a moment.
    "What is a goddess? Can you have someone get it to not want you dead?"
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2013-11-13 at 07:21 PM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

22. - Top - End - #562

She nods sagely, saying nothing for a moment.
    "What is a goddess? Can you have someone get it to not want you dead?"
    A goddess is a female immortal being that has unlimited control over a sphere of influence.
    No. This one's a complete psychopath. Her name's Lolth.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

23. - Top - End - #563
    Barbarian in the Playground

Xenna may hear Shark chuckling over his whiskey at the mention of a goddess.

24. - Top - End - #564

'Psychopath' probably means something bad. The bird adds it to her roster of insults.

"And the males are 'godders', right?" She's pretty sure that's how Nexian noun derivation works.
    "Sounds bad. What was your chance to be safe going to be?"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

25. - Top - End - #565
    Halfling in the Playground

Garn's attack is blocked, and I'm not exactly sure how Trucido would manage a counterattack, so Kubo is relatively safe for now. Peace used to be your only love! Justice, meditating and BOOKS uses to be everything to you! When did murder and power become your reason for life?

Garn looks for an escape route. While confident he could take a fledgling Sith and Trucido at the same time, two hands would be necessary for that task.
    The only hypocrite is YOU! Soon to be your disciple as well...
    You went from one of the greatest men I knew, into a fiend. A monster.

In a hasty action, Garn deactivates his lightsaber, hooks it to his belt, and attempts to Force Push Trucido, followed by several Force Jumps up the walls. Hardcore Parkour.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Zane and Aric by Recaiden. Aric Kat by Hatter.

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler: FFRP Newbie Links
    Show

26. - Top - End - #566

'Psychopath' probably means something bad. The bird adds it to her roster of insults.

"And the males are 'godders', right?" She's pretty sure that's how Nexian noun derivation works.
    "Sounds bad. What was your chance to be safe going to be?"
    No, just gods.
    Gods and Goddesses can't interfere with the affairs of mortals. However, they have followers. Lolth has some religious assassins. My chance was aid in defense against Her assassins.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

27. - Top - End - #567

"Huh. Assassins kill people, right? So you need people to help fight them and watch or hide when you're asleep."
    The bird smiles, as much as it can.
    "We can do that. And I bet you could find lots of other enemies of hers if she's so bad, right?"
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2013-11-13 at 10:11 PM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

28. - Top - End - #568
    Ogre in the Playground

[In which a person sits in the BDD]

He looks a little out of place among the skeezy crooks and assorted scum that make up the Den's usual clientele*. He's tall and slender, with beautiful, almost effeminate features, and straight dark hair that falls to chin length. He's dressed in a finely made three-piece suit. There are no drinks in front of him.

Akira glances at the lightsaber duel with bored distaste, then looks down at his expensive watch, grumpily. Dammit, why would his contact want to meet him in this dump of all places. Next time he got the chance, they would have to have a long conversation about acceptable meeting spaces, preferably in a dark room with no windows.

*Kirk not included.
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2013-11-13 at 10:57 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

29. - Top - End - #569
    Lammergeier
    Guest in the Playground

Garn's attack is blocked, and I'm not exactly sure how Trucido would manage a counterattack, so Kubo is relatively safe for now. Peace used to be your only love! Justice, meditating and BOOKS uses to be everything to you! When did murder and power become your reason for life?

Garn looks for an escape route. While confident he could take a fledgling Sith and Trucido at the same time, two hands would be necessary for that task.
    The only hypocrite is YOU! Soon to be your disciple as well...
    You went from one of the greatest men I knew, into a fiend. A monster.

In a hasty action, Garn deactivates his lightsaber, hooks it to his belt, and attempts to Force Push Trucido, followed by several Force Jumps up the walls. Hardcore Parkour.
    Immitis uses force pull to pull Kubo at Immitis' feet and attempt to impale him with his saberstaff. Should this succeed it will inflict serious wounds on Kubo.

30. - Top - End - #570
    Ogre in the Playground

Trucido and Kubo lock lightsabers, purple and red against yellow, multicolored sparks flying across them both. He speaks, his face inches away from Garn's, his metal teeth grinding and clacking as he speaks. There. Is. No. PEACE. There is only power! He is moving to prepare a devastating attack when suddenly he feels the force push him straight through the windows into The Black Dragon's Den.

So now there's a bloody Trucido on the floor.