New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222338 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Outside XXXVII

Clouded Void- Chariot

"No, He lets the weather run wild most of the time. But He can control it at any time, and at any place. We rarely want to go anywhere that is too far from our town, as the weather can change at any time and it's not always something even we can handle. That cloud of chlorine, for example; we'll have to go tame part of that storm to build a wind-wall to ward it off, and hope there's nothing living in it. Otherwise we'll all get poisoned and everypony will die." The pegasi are unusual, as most creatures that need to land aren't as well adapted for a realm of air and nothing else as they are, with their ability to walk on clouds and control weather.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

2. - Top - End - #362
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    Thryza leans over and kisses her cheek.
    I'll be fine, don't worry---I can do anything as long as you're with me.
    "It'll be alright," Hildur says. "We should find a train station or something, we can head up to the mountains more quickly that way."

3. - Top - End - #363
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rotting Baron View Post
    "It'll be alright," Hildur says. "We should find a train station or something, we can head up to the mountains more quickly that way."
    [Swedenland]
    Thryza looks around for one, though being in an unfamiliar country (on an unfamiliar planet, technically) does rather affect that. Yeah... sure, what do those look like again?
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

4. - Top - End - #364
    Firbolg in the Playground

[Clouded Void - Chariot]

"Just as on land, though it would usually be more stable there. What would live in a place like that?"

He assumes the Pegasi are rather important, since they've been the main type of living thing seen here.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

5. - Top - End - #365

VTOL Battle - I am Iron Man

Sheesh Miriah, you could have started with, "She's probably in a hover tank."

Justin follows Miriah to wherever they'll be jumping out from. "See, this is why I hate power armor. Chain guns, flame throwers grenade launchers. All huge or explosive weapons. Nothing subtle." Justin has long been convinced that any fight that necessitates power armor doesn't need him there.
    Last edited by OrchestraHc; 2013-09-29 at 04:30 PM.

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

6. - Top - End - #366
    Orc in the Playground

Clouded Void- Chariot

"Chlorine elementals, flying undead, squidwhales, Koffing, and weirder stuff, too. If somebody tries attacking Pazuzu, He might relocate the cloud over the enemy army, though there's plenty of clouds of chlorine and other toxic gases around." The hill and town are quite close, now. The cloud-settlement is unusual in that it seems to have two tops- the watchtowers and buildings are built both on top and beneath the cloud, treating both surfaces as solid ground. Probably more of the weird Abyssal gravity.

7. - Top - End - #367
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Felandria View Post
    Felandria looks at the child/kitty/robot? and quickly wonders how she's going to transport them, since she's already disabled the trucks.

If only the man who sent her on the mission had given her a phone number or some way to contact him to get a vehicle or any kind of transport.

She runs over to the other truck and examines the contents.
    A mix ^^. The child itself proof to be not heavy so she should be able to carry one and escape. Don't her spells run out soon?

The fact is the men didn't though there will be anything woth enougth to send a transporter. Also a number or device would have told the enemies who send her .

The other truck offers some standard stuff. Food, Water, magzins some ammunition mainly things for the perople in a base.

The man in the last truck seem to work together now. The door of the truck starts bowing and soon they will break it.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

8. - Top - End - #368
    Pixie in the Playground

[VTOL Battle! - He Fights And Smites With Repulser Rays!]

But then Miriah wouldn't have been able to watch Justin freak out!

An annoyed Miriah harshly berates Justin in retaliation against his complaints as she rips the door that Alyca and Justin entered from off of its hinges!

"You're such a whiny wuss! I don't know what my sis sees in you! We're under fire, Alyca is gods knows where, and our comms are being jammed and you're whinging about a suit of armor that will save you from being a pancake topped with blood splattered across the ground!"

With that outraged remark the irascible secret agent attempts to suddenly shove Justin out of the VTOL and into the cold, empty air.

The suit should save him from fall damage by auto-positioning him for impact and by boosting with thrusters to slow his descent when he's closer to the ground, but the jungle landing should be no less nail-bitingly terrifying.
    Last edited by The Alexandrian; 2013-09-29 at 05:29 PM.

9. - Top - End - #369

VTOL Ditching - I Went Skydiving, I Went Rocky Mountain Climbing

"She's alive in a hover tank," Justin says angrily, and matter of factly in retaliation. See is that so hard?

"We're going to find her first thing. At least I am. As for the suit, excuse me for not being gung-ho! YOU try being forced into the exact opposite of your combat specialty when your supposed to be on a da-" *MIRI-SHOVED* "AAAAAAAATE!"

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

10. - Top - End - #370
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    A mix ^^. The child itself proof to be not heavy so she should be able to carry one and escape. Don't her spells run out soon?

The fact is the men didn't though there will be anything woth enougth to send a transporter. Also a number or device would have told the enemies who send her .

The other truck offers some standard stuff. Food, Water, magzins some ammunition mainly things for the perople in a base.

The man in the last truck seem to work together now. The door of the truck starts bowing and soon they will break it.
    Hearing the door start to give, Felandria grabs the robokittychild and makes a run for it, heading back the way she came as fast as possible.

Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Purple Eagle, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

11. - Top - End - #371
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Oakfiel - Warzone] ((Hope that was the city name.^^))

She will be able to do that. Right after she left the place the noise of breaking steal appears. It seems like the people managed to break through the door. They will need a while befor tehy can do anything so Felandria should be far away when they realize what is missing.

As mentioned, the child is light even thought it has robot parts. The child will hang around like a wet bag and even after the run it still seem to be asleep.
    If she doesn't stop until she reached the meeting point, she will arrive a bit early. The car with the people who get her there will soon arrive
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

12. - Top - End - #372
    Ogre in the Playground

TARDIS Adventures

"You own the whole store ma'am?! So you don't have to ever buy anything ma'am?" Butler asks.

He giggles at Decker. "It's day ma'am! Besides I'd rather you not turn into the moon ma'am." picking up a magical rod. Or trying to, and failing. He looks at it, confused before pulling again. And again. Then with two hands.

Alas, despite Butler's best efforts, an Immovable Rod will not move.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

13. - Top - End - #373
    Dwarf in the Playground

[ToTLI]

With a caper, the green figure dodges the fireball.

"So it seems! Never fear, for where force may fail, Guile will always win the day."

He lets out a high-pitched, chattering laugh, and scampers over to the door and will examine it closely.
    Doctor Harald avatar by MethosH

Nexus

CHB
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #374
    Orc in the Playground

Tomb of the Lost Innocent

When he is close to the door, it asks a question. "Why Are You Here?"

15. - Top - End - #375
    Ogre in the Playground

"Because someone dropped a map on my table and I thought it would be fun. So, exploration, I guess." Krayger answers simply.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

16. - Top - End - #376
    Dwarf in the Playground

[ToTLI]

He jumps back, a comical expression of surprise on his face, then leans in with a grin.

"To explore!"

Nexus

CHB
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #377
    Orc in the Playground

"Then Continue. You Are Expected." The door will open, silently swinging inwards after speaking its ominous words.

Behind the door is a large chamber with no visible exits. The floor and walls are made of smooth, yet unpolished, white marble, with green veins running through it. The ceiling is enchanted, and shows the night sky with no visible light pollution- though there are three moons scattered across the sky. Somehow, the myriad stars remain visible and individually identifiable, whilst also illuminating the chamber as though it were the middle of the day.

In the centre of the other three walls sits a lone sarcophagus made from slabs of polished black obsidian. Three levers are also present, in the centre of the room. One is marked with an ankh, one hand print and the last with three concentric circles.

18. - Top - End - #378
    Dwarf in the Playground

[ToTLI]

Guile capers inside and examines the levers. He then scampers around looking at everything else, and then goes over to Krayger.

"What think you, my bovine friend?"

Nexus

CHB
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #379

Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    [Swedenland]
    Thryza looks around for one, though being in an unfamiliar country (on an unfamiliar planet, technically) does rather affect that. Yeah... sure, what do those look like again?
    "To be honest, it's been so long since I was on a train, I kinda forgot," Hildur says. "But we do have an extensive train system, I'm sure we'll get to one if we follow these tracks."

20. - Top - End - #380
    Ogre in the Playground

"To be honest, it's been so long since I was on a train, I kinda forgot," Hildur says. "But we do have an extensive train system, I'm sure we'll get to one if we follow these tracks."
    [Sweden]
    Snugged up next to her fiancee, Thryza follows the train tracks. Pretty nice train system, seems like...
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

21. - Top - End - #381

Sweden

"It got me where I was going more often than any car," Hildur says as she walks with Thyrza. It'll be quite some time, at least a few hours, before they do find a station.

22. - Top - End - #382
    Ogre in the Playground

Sweden

"It got me where I was going more often than any car," Hildur says as she walks with Thyrza. It'll be quite some time, at least a few hours, before they do find a station.
    Thryza is happy to walk with her for that time; upon seeing a station, she gets a little excited and a little tense.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

23. - Top - End - #383
    Ogre in the Playground

TotLI

Krayger slowly advanced towards the center, taking it all in.
    "The circles might have something to do with the moons, and I think the cross is associated with life somewhere. Not sure about the hand.
    Oh and if you're going to be with me you should know the One Rule. Which is: no cow jokes. That's it.

24. - Top - End - #384
    Orc in the Playground

One of them might note something of interest about the moons. Especially Guile, since he's looking at everything. Specifically, the three moons each have one of the three symbols on it, obscured by the craters and mares that adorn the moon's surface. The easiest to spot is the three circles, as that's the only one that isn't at a different angle to the one on the lever.

25. - Top - End - #385
    Dwarf in the Playground

[ToTLI]

"Hmm... I sense a Bezerk Button. Could be useful. Anyway, I believe you're right. And, given the sarcophagus is generally associated with people being preserved for the afterlife, let's go with life!"

He pulls the ankh lever.
    Last edited by GrandDM; 2013-09-30 at 12:46 PM.

Nexus

CHB
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #386
    Ogre in the Playground

TotLI

Krayger might notice the moons once he's finished waiting for something to happen after the lever is pulled.

27. - Top - End - #387
    Orc in the Playground

The sarcophagi open and three mummified undead corpses shamble out before the sarcophagi close again. They are equipped with morningstars and large round shields. Two head towards Krayger, whilst the third is going for Guile.

28. - Top - End - #388
    Dwarf in the Playground

[ToTLI]

"Huh. Well, that's the other thing sarcophagusesusesueses... I went too far then, didn't I? Anyway, that's the other thing they're associated with."

He shoots across the room and does a triple frontflip up onto Krayger's shoulders. He weighs barely anything.

"Hey, mummies, look over there!"

He lobs a fireball with a slight delay. It will hover in the corner for just long enough for the mummies to look over at it, then explode just enough to get them without touching the minotaur or the little black-green spirit perching on his shoulders.

If all goes to plan, which I doubt it will.

Nexus

CHB
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #389
    Ogre in the Playground

TotLI

Meanwhile, Krayger has drawn his axe and while he backs up when magic starts getting tossed around he's ready to swing afterwards.

30. - Top - End - #390
    Orc in the Playground

The mummies ignore the fireball and continue advancing. When it explodes, all three glow red and seem unaffected by the flames. One swings its spiked club at Krayger's head, another at Guile and the third is hanging back and observing, its shield raised.
    Last edited by Earl of Purple; 2013-09-30 at 01:41 PM.