New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 50 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232439 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Default Re: SW Saga Edition Thread 2: The Sith Lords

Battle for Endor, anyone?

Sorry, I had to.

2. - Top - End - #392
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mando Knight View Post
    Ewoks are vicious little savages, and the Empire took too long to realize that a swarm of homicidal teddy bears knocking troopers down, sneak-attacking them from the brush, etc. can be really deadly since they can attack the armors' joints with their sharpened sticks.
    There's also the fact that camouflage seems to have gone out of fashion in the Empire.
    Marut-2 Avatar by Serpentine
    New Marut Avatar by Linkele

3. - Top - End - #393
    Halfling in the Playground

i'm reading the master privateer prestige class, and seemed very interesting, do you think is worth a try?
    Sorry for the bad english

4. - Top - End - #394
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

Death Star Stormtroopers were losing on purpose.

Endor Stormtroopers were completely unprepared for jungle warfare, or indeed anything other than ambushing and overwhelming a small force of Rebel commandos.

This is the intent, of course; it doesn't make either major action sequence seem any less silly when you're watching it on-screen.

They did well on the Tantive IV and respectably on Hoth and Cloud City based on the circumstances, though.
    Spoiler
    Show

Stealthy Snake avatar by Dawn
    Lack of images by Imageshack

5. - Top - End - #395
    Barbarian in the Playground

I read an article a while back calling the Ewoks the Viet Cong of Star Wars.

That bit where the Storm Troopers are chasing the Ewoks into the forest? That's not a retreat, that's a tactical withdrawl. They're luring the Imperial forces into their home turf.
    LGBTAitP

"You can't just go around opting out of critical analysis by preemptively declaring yourself pointless."

- Mordecai, Lackadaisy Cats

6. - Top - End - #396
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Clearly the cause is the +6 to stealth and free stealth reroll from being an ewok they might as well be invisible in the forest.

7. - Top - End - #397
    Orc in the Playground

I like to imagine it's just because stormtroopers have me as a patron Storyteller in the movies.

In one session I'm getting nothing but critical fails and 4's on the attack roll, in the other I score three critical hits in the opening volley and another five in the next three rounds.

... I just had a TPK last week...

8. - Top - End - #398
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Sidmen View Post
    I like to imagine it's just because stormtroopers have me as a patron Storyteller in the movies.

In one session I'm getting nothing but critical fails and 4's on the attack roll, in the other I score three critical hits in the opening volley and another five in the next three rounds.

... I just had a TPK last week...
    That is actually worse/almost worse than me and my dice (three crits one 19 and one 18 in n six d20s check, but my follow up wasn't special) also Destiny Points are quite usefull for dodging TPKs

9. - Top - End - #399
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Waar View Post
    That is actually worse/almost worse than me and my dice (three crits one 19 and one 18 in n six d20s check, but my follow up wasn't special) also Destiny Points are quite usefull for dodging TPKs
    They would be useful, yes. If they had them... Most of the time they immediately pull them out to go "AHA!" when a major-looking villain comes out of the shadows.

10. - Top - End - #400
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

They would be useful, yes. If they had them... Most of the time they immediately pull them out to go "AHA!" when a major-looking villain comes out of the shadows.
    but surely you must realise that the most efficient way to survive is to DP-crit all the major villains I have had a player use a DP to crit an annoying hard to hit opponent, but not a major villain, yet.

11. - Top - End - #401
    Orc in the Playground

but surely you must realise that the most efficient way to survive is to DP-crit all the major villains I have had a player use a DP to crit an annoying hard to hit opponent, but not a major villain, yet.
    And the most efficient way to die is, apparently to be multi-critted by a bunch of level-4 non-heroic schlubs who were just trying to steal your vanity plates off your speeder.

12. - Top - End - #402
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

A ranged attack (just like with all the other talents/feats that lets you make a ranged attack), except that (I assume) you need to use the range and base damage dice (3d8+1/2 your heroic level for a blaster rifle for instance) of the shot you redirect (bab+dex for ranged attack, much like dark healing)

I would let you use feats and talents that boost ranged attacks (if they are valid to use for any ranged attack/ you fullfill the prerequisites to use it with redirect)
    Well, now my player is super pissed at me. They think the PC should just roll a UTF check for the Deflect, and that UTF roll should also be the Redirect Shot attack roll. I think that's not what was intended.

13. - Top - End - #403
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

It's clearly not what's written, at least. "Make a ranged attack" never means "make a UTF check."

14. - Top - End - #404
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

The Jedi Knight Shien talent makes it clear that it is an attack roll.

15. - Top - End - #405
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

Just to check with everyone, all the Lightsaber Form are supposed to work together with each other without you having to pick one to be "in", right? My common sense is arguing with the rulebook in my head.
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #406
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Just to check with everyone, all the Lightsaber Form are supposed to work together with each other without you having to pick one to be "in", right? My common sense is arguing with the rulebook in my head.
    Yup, there's no 'being in a form'. I think the justification is that if you're a practitioner of multiple forms to the point of having multiple 'form' talents, in a combat, you should be able to merge the schools together and get the best of both. They're more like philosophies than stances, in effect, and if you've studied two, you should be able to use them together to best effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander leah View Post
    i'm reading the master privateer prestige class, and seemed very interesting, do you think is worth a try?
    Definitely! It's one of my favourites. The Blaster and Blade talent line is fun!
    "Hex grids are the way forward! And slighty to the side..." - Studoku

17. - Top - End - #407
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by IdleMuse View Post
    Yup, there's no 'being in a form'. I think the justification is that if you're a practitioner of multiple forms to the point of having multiple 'form' talents, in a combat, you should be able to merge the schools together and get the best of both. They're more like philosophies than stances, in effect, and if you've studied two, you should be able to use them together to best effect.
    Furthermore, the talents are not the forms themselves... but rather, the talents represent the extra skill and capability granted from mastering the form, the understanding of how the form works.

The only form talents that explicitly can't be used together are Jar'Kai and Makashi... one requires use of two lightsabers, the other only one.

[Lightsaber Form] powers from Jedi Academy are different: they're specific Force-aided strikes and parries from the forms, and can't be combined (as they each have a specific action).
    Last edited by Mando Knight; 2013-11-06 at 10:35 PM.

18. - Top - End - #408
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by IdleMuse View Post

Definitely! It's one of my favourites. The Blaster and Blade talent line is fun!
    In fact, some explicitly go together. You must have Juyo to learn Vaapad.

19. - Top - End - #409
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

And the most efficient way to die is, apparently to be multi-critted by a bunch of level-4 non-heroic schlubs who were just trying to steal your vanity plates off your speeder.
    Wait a minute...I thought only those with heroic classes/prc's could use the destiny system. Did I miss something?

20. - Top - End - #410
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Vertharrad View Post
    Wait a minute...I thought only those with heroic classes/prc's could use the destiny system. Did I miss something?
    You are quite correct, but in this case I assume Sidmen refers to the unnatural concentration of natural 20s that he mentioned earlier , as opposed to intentionally DP-criting the PCs.

21. - Top - End - #411
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

You are quite correct, but in this case I assume Sidmen refers to the unnatural concentration of natural 20s that he mentioned earlier , as opposed to intentionally DP-criting the PCs.
    I intentionally had a big bad DP-crit a PC with a big melee hit just last game session. The PC responded with a natural 20 melee hit of their own and killed him. :)

22. - Top - End - #412

i was looking exactly at the blaster and blade talents, they seems fun, but seems to me that the most usefull one is the first one right?

EDIT: the ambusher talent tree bonuses apply to any weapon right? so if i'm using a blaster and a blade i could capitalize the bonuses with both right?
    Last edited by Alexander leah; 2013-11-07 at 11:05 AM.

23. - Top - End - #413
    Ogre in the Playground

EDIT: the ambusher talent tree bonuses apply to any weapon right? so if i'm using a blaster and a blade i could capitalize the bonuses with both right?
    Thats right! Be sure to also check out the Attack Combo feats from Legacy. They aren't the best, but they are pretty good for the Blaster and Blade Talent tree
    Cool avatar by Gurgleflep

Posting Severely Limited. PM me in case of prolonged absence

my page

24. - Top - End - #414

right now i'm torn between the classic dual blaster style and the blade and gun style, i think dual blaster will surely be a lot stronger, but the blande&gun seems stilish, imy major concern is to be pretty much too light to wander in melee range

25. - Top - End - #415
    Ogre in the Playground

Hmm. That is always a problem. I'd suggest the Swerve Scout talent then (which allows you to avoid AoO) to improve melee survivability. Honestly you want to be more of a skirmisher than a tank anyways.
    There were a few like that honestly. Another good class to look at is the Outlaw from S&V; it has some good survival (and escape) abilities if I remember correctly (AFB atm)
    Cool avatar by Gurgleflep

Posting Severely Limited. PM me in case of prolonged absence

my page

26. - Top - End - #416
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

right now i'm torn between the classic dual blaster style and the blade and gun style, i think dual blaster will surely be a lot stronger, but the blande&gun seems stilish, imy major concern is to be pretty much too light to wander in melee range
    What exactly do you mean, too light to wander in melee range? You don't want to provoke AOOs? Your HP and defenses are too low?

27. - Top - End - #417
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

Quote Originally Posted by Alejandro View Post
    In fact, some explicitly go together. You must have Juyo to learn Vaapad.
    Well, that's because Vaapad is a re-invention of Juyo, or something. Either way, they're both "Form VII".

But looking at the Talents as mastery of a particular form rather than specifically applying it in combat makes it make sense. (I guess the Form Powers are the latter, with the talent kickers being the extra power you get from having mastered the form.)
    Last edited by Nerd-o-rama; 2013-11-07 at 05:20 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #418
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

I am currently playing a lightsaber-using Jedi that fights with Battle Strike, Draw Closer, and Saber Swarm, and it is quite effective :)

29. - Top - End - #419

lets try to put down some baselines for the master privateer, i can see something among the lines scoundrel 3/soldier5/privateer 1 and then fill the other 4 levels

scoundrel 3 for the privateer class requirement (maybe dastardly strike and a senak attack and using something to make the enemyes flat footed?)
    solider 5 for the 3 ambusher talent (+2 txc,+1dice, can deisgnate new prime targets after the first is dead)
    privateer for blade and gun 1

i have 4 level free that i can fill with anything, maybe some scout level to take skirmisher talents?

30. - Top - End - #420
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

lets try to put down some baselines for the master privateer, i can see something among the lines scoundrel 3/soldier5/privateer 1 and then fill the other 4 levels

scoundrel 3 for the privateer class requirement (maybe dastardly strike and a senak attack and using something to make the enemyes flat footed?)
    solider 5 for the 3 ambusher talent (+2 txc,+1dice, can deisgnate new prime targets after the first is dead)
    privateer for blade and gun 1

i have 4 level free that i can fill with anything, maybe some scout level to take skirmisher talents?
    First, we need to know which master privateer. The class is printed in two different books, and has different prereqs depending on which book.