New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Banned

MonkGuy

Default Re: Planescape Pathfinder

Teateredelmann A large elephant-like humanoid covered in thick brown hair and bright white simple clothing waves at you. "Sure, one good feature each for the new commers for protection services per day. Sound good?"

2. - Top - End - #302
    Banned

MonkGuy

Some raki on the street sing Let's think of something to do while we're waiting
    While we're waiting for something new to do.
    Let's try to think up a song while we're waiting
    That's liberating and will be true to you.

Let's think of something to do while we're waiting
    While we're waiting 'til something's through.
    You know it's really all right;
    In fact, it's downright quite bright
    To think of something to do
    That's specific for you.
    Let's think of something to do while we're waiting.

3. - Top - End - #303
    Troll in the Playground

"Features?" asks Killian, "What sort of wage is that?"

4. - Top - End - #304
    Barbarian in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Garrick looks to Killian and answered, "The of of currency here are interesting facts or stories, the better the feature and how rare it is, the more it is worth." He then said to Teateredelmann, "By the way, since this is such a large place are there any spare rooms close to Sorebry's we can stay in? So all of us can be close if she is attacked during the night."

5. - Top - End - #305
    Banned

MonkGuy

Teateredelmann "Yea, we got rooms for gypies. Your welcome to use them. Each room can hold like four little people...but just one of my size." He takes you down a hall to show you some empty rooms.

6. - Top - End - #306
    Orc in the Playground

Heh. Sounds guido...

The rooms weren't anything special, but the Doc had slept in worse places. They'd do. He just hoped that he could get his features in the form of an IOU. He loved a good show as much as the next guy, but it sure wasn't a hard currency by any standard. There had to be some money-changer on this plane that could swap a couple of theatre tickets for some solid gold ducats. Perhaps he'd be able to make a profit on this job after all.

I call top bunk and third watch! I'll do my part, I'll be hellbound if I didn't grab some zees 'forehand!

7. - Top - End - #307
    Banned

MonkGuy

The everlight outside dims slightly for around ten hours of 'night', then afterwards brightens back up to full daylight. The think gray clouds remain overhead.

While not everyone sleeps, it seems everyone treats the ten hours of dim light as quiet time. The ones that stay awake mostly sit and read quietly.

8. - Top - End - #308
    Banned

MonkGuy

The gypsy rooms are about fifteen feet around, and grown out of the massive tree trunks the theater is made out of. Each room has two wood frame beds and two wooden cots. Each room has three large wooden chests. Each room has several branches with random, left behind clothing. Each room has a softly glowing leaf hanging from the ceiling.

Otherwise the rooms are quite bare. The rooms are just down the hallway from the actors rooms, about a hundred feet or so from
    Sorebrystlitthjernekvinne's room.

9. - Top - End - #309
    Bugbear in the Playground

Lizardfolk

BLy walked to a window a little tired from all the running around they had done. He looked out over the tree tops seeing a few lights here or there but for the most part it seemed quite. Bly liked when it was quite.
    He looked over at the others most had gone to sleep but despite the fatigue he still felt restless.
    (You better get to bed or you won't be worth anything tomorrow.)
    Bly sighed. his Spirit was back.
    (I really hope you're not going to take up my night with another study session. Are you?)
    (No I can't force you to learn only teach you when you're ready.Other wise...)
    (Yes I KNOW!) Bly thought.
    He went back to gazing out the window.
    He continued watching the Night "sky" it seemed to foreign to him even now. No familiar constellation were in the sky.The sight in the end just made Bly homesick.
    (Your just hurting yourself you know you need to focus on the here and now.)
    (What for?) Bly thought (I'm surrounded by a group of strangers I hardly know, and its not like I'm a force to be reckoned with and my knowledge of the planes is limited. Face it I'm sort of a useless body right now.)
    Bly looked out over the window sill feeling uneasy about his situation.
    (It's not as bad a you make it out to be strangers they are yes but they are a good lot and you aren't useless your a fountain of information you just need to realize it and further more QUIT FEELING SORRY FOR YOUR SELF! )
    "Ack you don't have to yell!" Bly said aloud.
    (Look you ain't winning any battles by moping so quit it.Besides if you don't start shaping up you are going to find your self in the dead books you twit.)
    Bly thought about that dying here in the planes were the souls of the dead roamed, were gods battled and, were destiny was decided.
    It would not be a good way to go.
    (Besides you've still got to live! What about Nvidia? Or did you forget about her, she is your freind and youv'e never let a freind down before!)
    (You're right about that besides) Bly gave a big yawn (I need to rest I can't find her if I'm struggling to keep me eyes open.)
    Bly turned from the window and headed to bed.
    (By they way I have a name)
    (Really and here I thought you were just SPIRIT.)
    (It's Sage, Lewis Sage.)
    BLy smiled "goodnight Lewis" he mumbled before crawling into a bed.
    ---
    Out side the windows in the tree's canopy blood dripped from the snack it held in its claws. Stays usually satisfied its cravings but it only wanted its mission to be over. The Etobin was among friends and the plane had sapped most of its strength. Its kind were unwelcome in the land of good battle but he waited his prey would soon fall and then he could start his harvest.
    "SOON."

10. - Top - End - #310

AssassinGuy

Garrick inspected the room and thought, "A nice little place, better than most of the inns I've been to." He dropped his backpack next to a chest then said to the group, "I'll take first watch. I'm thinking we should guard Sorebry in pairs, what do you all think about that?"

11. - Top - End - #311
    Banned

MonkGuy

Sorebrystlitthjernekvinne does not sleep, and neither do at least half the actors, stagehands and workers. But they all do quiet time during the 'night'. Teateredelmann does sleep and snores very, very, very loudly.

12. - Top - End - #312
    Orc in the Playground

Macaw tried to get some shut-eye, but just couldn't do it. His ears were buzzing, probably a latent side affect from the abrupt planeshift, or perhaps something in the air. Either way, he couldn't find the will to rest his eyes.

Yeah, Garrick, that sounds gee. I ain't feeling too sleeply, so I might take back what I said and just tag along for the first one.

The Tengu noted Blyth worming his way into bed, and chuckled at the sight. It was just bit absurd, after all.

So, how do you want to do it? How many ways could the S.O.B. get in? I'd probably fare best on some sort of perch, so I have a clear field of fire.

13. - Top - End - #313

AssassinGuy

After hearing Macaw, Garrick thought for a moment about what he saw in Sorebry's room then said, "I'm not sure, I didn't look around in her room the last time I was in there, I think there was a window so could probably hide outside the window on one of the branches and keep an eye on the window from the outside, I will remain inside and guard the door to her room."

14. - Top - End - #314
    Banned

MonkGuy

Later that night, three rat-like humanoids dressed all in black leather come down the hallway towards Sorebrystlitthjernekvinne's room with bloody daggers drawn.

When they see Garrick they stop and hiss loudly.

15. - Top - End - #315

AssassinGuy

Seeing the knife-wielding rat-people Garrick instinctively got into a stance while drawing his greatsword, he took a second to think and instead of attacking straight away he decided to take a deep breath and let out a loud, primal scream to intimidate the assassins and alert the others.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move action to draw sword.
    Standard action for Intimidate, if I can't intimidate them all I'll just intimidate the one closest to me. (1d20+8)[16]
    Last edited by JHShadon; 2014-01-17 at 12:38 AM.

16. - Top - End - #316
    Banned

MonkGuy

Garrick sussesfully intimidates the one rat folk closes to him. Garrick scream echo's through the tree.

The rat folk rush forward at Garrick after a hiss from the one in front of "Silence that fool!"

Round 1

Initiative
    Spoiler
    Show

(1d20+7)[18]

17. - Top - End - #317
    Orc in the Playground

Well, I'll burn in Baator.

The woman did need protection.

Doc Macaw had situated himself outside the window, nested in the branches of the tree. He wasn't the most inconspicuous in this position, but it was where he needed to be. He wasn't sure who had screamed, but he'd bet a Sigil silver that it was Garrick, and it sounded like he was entertaining so company.

It would be imprudent not to drop in and check out the party.

There was the issue of getting in, of course. He wasn't in the best position to intervene, as he'd have to get into the room, and then into the hallway, but he had an idea. The window would be a problem, as he had made sure to lock it as an extra precaution.

Not the best idea, but he'd make do.

Good thing he had kept his gun loaded.

Quickly drawing it out, he turned it towards the window, making sure it wasn't pointed at the madam, and cocked the hammer.

Wakey, Wakey, Eggs and Bakey!

Spoiler
    Show

Rolling Initiative: [roll]1d20+4[/roll]

I wasn't sure exactly what position I was in, but I tried to make things reasonable and interesting. If there's anything I need to change, let me know. Otherwise, he drew his pistol (Move Action) the shot will then go off (Standard Action).

Attack Roll: [roll]1d20+5[/roll]
    Damage Roll: [roll]1d8[/roll]

18. - Top - End - #318
    Bugbear in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Bly awoke a bit groggy as Doc ran out the door.
    (Looks like we've got trouble.)
    Getting out of bed he grabbed the wand of Hypnotism from the stand next to it and moved towards the door.
    --
    Spoiler
    Show

Initiative (1d20-1)[16]
    Move Action: I move out of the room if I can.
    Standard Action: If I my not out of the room I use my standard to move out. I I'm out I use the wand of hypnosis on the closest assassin. Commanding it, if it works, to sit down.
    Spoiler
    Show

Hypnotism
    Creatures I Affect:(2d4)[2]
    Range close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)
    Area several living creatures, no two of which may be more than 30 ft. apart
    Duration 2d4 rounds (D)
    Saving Throw Will negates; Spell Resistance yes
    in combat, each target gains a +2 bonus on its saving throw.

19. - Top - End - #319
    Banned

MonkGuy

Doc Macaw fires a shot through the window and hits a ratfolk for a bit of damage. It screeches in pain!

Bly moves up from down the hallway and points his wand.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+1)[21]

The ratfolk ignores the wands effect.
    Last edited by jedipotter; 2014-01-24 at 11:31 AM.

20. - Top - End - #320
    Banned

MonkGuy

Each Ratfolk reaches into their vest and draws a small bottle of black liquid and drinks it.

This takes their action.

Garrickcan act....

21. - Top - End - #321
    Banned

MonkGuy

The rat folk ready their weapons and look around with their dark eyes, looking for an opening or an easy target.