New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Closed are the Gates of Heaven 1a (AdEva, IC)

Grace grit her teeth as the angel evaded her again, moving out of reasonable reaching as it threatened Ty. As she started making her way back towards it, running as swiftly as she could, everything began to sink in. She'd heard Matthew, but it hadn't quite registered as important until the current moment- she hadn't quite recognized what he was saying at all, really. Now though...

They'll let me have it for that.

Her frustration boiled in her as she reached out with her field to assault the angel's, doing her best to tear it to shreds so that Ty or Gilles at least might get a decent shot at it.

Spoiler
    Show
    Half Action: Move to F7. Map.
    Half Action: Neutralize with 7 ATP.
    Last edited by AmberVael; 2014-03-04 at 04:51 PM.

2. - Top - End - #422
    Barbarian in the Playground

Gilles gazed, dumbfounded, as a blinding lance of light erupted from Unit 00 and streaked towards the angel.

Well, he threw something allright.

As the afterimage cleared from his eyes, the first thing Gilles realized was that the angel had disappeared. He was about to congratulate Ty when red warning lights flashed accross the cockpit.

Where- Gilles swung around. Standing less then twenty feet away from Unit 00 was the Angel, slowly approaching.

It can TELEPORT?!?

Oh, balls.

Unit 02 turned on its heel, racing around the side of the storage shed and flanking the Angel's back. Holstering its rifle and drawing its hammer in one deft movement, the Evangelion launched a series of dizzying feints combined with a well-placed shoulder, attempting to drive the angel away from Ty.

The Angel seemed to turn for a moment, and stare at Unit 02, as if it were some sort of oddly shaped bug. Then, it turned away again, brushing it aside like that selfsame bug.

Spoiler
    Show

half action Move 7 squares
    Free action maintain Neutralize 5 dam
    Free action Ready to holster rifle
    Free action ready to draw Hammer
    (Technically I might have to drop-draw-drop-draw-putaway-draw, but there all free actions anyway, and this makes for smoother writing.)
    half action maneuver angel, opposed test. Gilles rolls 5 degrees of success, the best possible result. The angel also got 5 degrees of success, and has a higher characteristic bonus, so its still there.

Ty might be in a bit of trouble, actually. Gilles isn't adjacent, so he can't use Guardian or Sacrifice. Oops.

Map

3. - Top - End - #423
    Dwarf in the Playground

Mathew leaned against his chair, fingertips gently tapping against his thigh, as though counting the beats to a music that only he could fathom, his expression remained emotionless as he observed the angel teleport suddenly behind Ty's eva and observed as Giles moved in, the other units working to remove the Angels defenses.

"I want Areal units to deliver a tactical smoke strike around the angel now." he would utter suddenly before taking a moment to glance to the pilots life signs, his eyes narrowing slightly, his fingers continuing their two tap beat, only slightly increasing in tempo.

Spoiler
    Show
    Using commander ability command and conquer and expending one offensive unit to make a one Dam Smoke cloud right on the angel. Full round action
    Last edited by Durami; 2014-03-06 at 11:48 PM.
    Drascin:
    Spoiler
    Show
    UCS: Hey, we're gonna brew up some weapons with Auto and put your bros through fetich death until the roulette stops at the "less goddamn jerks" peg. We need some essence for the patterns. Help?

Gaia: I really don't want to hurt my brethren, but

Dragons:We got ya covered!

after first death:

Gaia: Holy

Auto: f'in

UCS: hell

Luna: Did they just?

Saturn: *nods*

Gaia: Okay this was not in the plan! Make them stop!

Auto:er, that might be a tad problematic.

4. - Top - End - #424
    Bugbear in the Playground

The Angel denied Unit-02's attempts to reposition it with disdain. It paused, considering that it now had an opponent on two fronts, even if one of those was missing an arm. Once more, the Angel began to spin its scepter and build a roaring electrical charge along its edge. On the bridge, Dr. Cazada studied the motion carefully, for it did not seem that the Angel was aiming at either Evangelion. His eyes widened with shock when he realized the Angel's plan. "Pull back the elevators! All shock absorbers to full!" The commands were executed moments before the Angel slammed its scepter upon the ground. Surges of lightning and the force of its expanding A.T. Field blew Units-00 and 02 back, though the former was able to keep its footing. Though Unit-03 was also caught in the radius, it managed to stand its ground. The Angel stood amidst the slowly settling dust cloud, surveying its handiwork with cold pride.

Spoiler
    Show
    Angel activates the Repulsion A.T. Power, forcing Ty, Gilles, and Grace to each make Strength and Synch Ratio Tests. On at least one failure, the Evas will be knocked back 1d10+10 dam and suffer falling damage as appropriate. If a pilot fails both Tests, he or she will be subject to an extra 2d10 I damage. Players may roll knockback and damage themselves. Ty and Gilles each failed one Test, Grace succeeded on both.

Updated map. Note, the sheds have been completely destroyed. The elevators holding the umbilicals would have, too, but I decided that I won't be that cruel.
    Last edited by PalusAbel; 2014-03-07 at 06:36 PM.

5. - Top - End - #425
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

The wall of force rippling out of the Angel slammed into Unit-00, sending it flying backwards. The one-armed Evangelion caught the brunt of the impact on its chest, but Ty managed to keep it upright as it flew through the air and finally landed on its feet beside its umbilical port.

I need to learn how to do that.
    One step at a time.

He opened a comm. "Gilles, you okay? I'm starting to think getting close to this thing is maybe a bad idea."

In that case, what was it that I just did?
    This.

Ty gathered Unit-00's AT-Field and once again fired it out like a bolt of pure light, aimed right at the Angel's center of mass.

Spoiler
    Show
    Rolled max damage to the body against the Repulsion.

Full Action: Focal Thrust, Augmented with 2. Attack succeeds. Attack deals 15 damage, Pen 2 to the Body.
    Last edited by Zazax; 2014-03-07 at 11:13 PM.

6. - Top - End - #426

The attack punched through the cloud of statically charged dust and collided squarely with the Angel's torso. It staggered, then raised its head to glare at the culprit. The Angel raised its hand menacingly, promising retribution.

Spoiler
    Show
    Ty's attack strikes and deals damage. New round; Layla's turn to move.

7. - Top - End - #427

Okay, great, as if trying to fight him hand to hand wasn't bad enough already.

Layla shook her head and refocused her AT Field into another kinetic blast. Unfortunately, while she could get her field to go straight at the Angel's center mass, getting it to strike with enough force to actually hurt the Angel proved as hard as the first time she tried.

"Damn it... this is so useless."

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Full Action: Focal Thrust (6 ATP). Attack was successful. Deals 5 damage with Breach 8 and Pen 0 to the Angel's body.

8. - Top - End - #428
    Titan in the Playground

Grace braced against the blast as it swept over her, then surged forward, closing in on the angel once more and interposing herself between it and Ty. Well aware of what it might do if she tried to simply attack it again, she directed Helel to slam into it shoulder first, attempting to knock it to the ground.

Spoiler
    Show
    Half Action: Move to A9. Updated map.
    Half Action: Knockdown. 64 on the roll (failure by 4)

9. - Top - End - #429
    Dwarf in the Playground

Mathew watched as Grace slammed into the Angel, his eyes widening for a moment before he his voice ripped through the air, his tone carrying through the entirety of the command center. "Grace, swing your evas hips slightly to the right to adjust for his movement!" he would utter suddenly before suddenly turning to facing the others. " we can't waste this opportunity, bring in the tanks and aim all turrets, fire at the angels staff!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Activating Operation Golfing tip (it's all in the hips) Dakka dakka boom boom: Spending a Fate point to grant Grace an extra success and this triggers Tactical legend, letting me roll Scholastic Tactics to try and give her more success for every 3 of mine on the roll. as well as using my level 3 assaults and level 3 turrets as called shots for the staff.
    Drascin:
    Spoiler
    Show
    UCS: Hey, we're gonna brew up some weapons with Auto and put your bros through fetich death until the roulette stops at the "less goddamn jerks" peg. We need some essence for the patterns. Help?

after first death:

10. - Top - End - #430

"Erg." Unit 02 gingerly rolled over onto its belly, shaking the rubble of the storage sheds off of itself. Gilles took a few breaths to steady himself. The impact of Unit 02 against the ground had knocked a bit of the wind out of him, and he glanced at the cockpit's displays to reorient himself.

"Kirby blown back as well. We're all split up." Gilles looked up. Bright lines of light flashed across his field of vision as Units 00 and 01 fired on the angel, while the Operations Director's voice could be heard in his earpiece, shouting orders at Grace to move in and the fire support to follow up behind her.

Gilles drew Unit 02's Pallet Rifle. "Unit 02 reporting in. I've taken some damage, but am still functional. Providing fire support to Unit 03." Gilles said, and fired off two quick shots at the Angel. Unit 02 reloaded, keeping the angel in its sights.

Spoiler
    Show

-Free action sheathe Pn Hammer
    -Free action ready pallet rifle
    -Free action maintain neutralize on Angel, 5 ATP
    -Half Action Obscuring Barrage. Failure, made into a success with uncanny luck. Quote: If you succeed, your opponent may make an Easy (+20) Perception Test as a Reaction or else it may not take any Full Actions until the beginning of your next turn.
    -Half action reload

Stats
    Spoiler
    Show

Deflection: 0
    ATS: 0
    ATP:0
    Rifle Ammo: 6/6
    Right hand: Shield
    Left hand: Pallet Rifle
    Right Wing: Smoke Grenade
    Left Wing: Empty
    Weapon Rack: Pn Hammer

Last edited by garter_snake; 2014-03-08 at 11:02 PM.

11. - Top - End - #431
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Ty watched the Angel back away from Grace under the force of the group's coordinated barrage. Ignoring the minor structural integrity warnings that had been flashing across his screens since he was knocked back, he eyed the Angel's staff.

If I can take that out, then Grace and Layla should be able to fight it in melee without having to worry about losing their weapons. I just don't know if I can hit it from here...
    In that case, aim for center of mass. If you're not sure if you can hit it, don't bother trying and go for the sure hit. You'll get another chance later.
    But, the others...

Ty glanced over to Layla, off by herself to the side, then back towards Grace. Neither was fighting at peak efficiency because of this Angel's defenses. It was obvious even to someone with as little strategic ability as Ty that getting them back in the fight should be a priority.

Judging from the sudden barrage from the city's defenses against said staff, it appeared that the new Operations Director had the same idea.

Just in case, Ty opened a channel. "Everyone, sorry if this is obvious, but I think we should take out its staff. Not only is it what it used to break Grace and Layla's weapons, but it also built up some sort of charge just before that repulsion attack. I'd guess it's just as much a focus of some sort as it is a weapon. Destroying it would not only get Layla and Grace back in the fight, but may also impair its other abilities somewhat." He sighed. "Unfortunately, I don't have a shot on it at the moment. I'll try again in a second."

His piece said, Ty focused his AT-Field and fired another bolt, aimed at the Angel's chest.

Spoiler
    Show
    Full Action: Focal Thrust, augmented by 2. Attack succeeds, dealing 14 damage with 2 Pen to the body. Tried a called shot, but could only hit the body anyways.
    Last edited by Zazax; 2014-03-10 at 09:20 PM.

12. - Top - End - #432

Angel gets pegged in the body twice, shoved on its butt, and pelted with obfuscating gunfire. Its scepter gets shot at, too. The Angel leaps to its feet, takes a swing at Unit-03, but gets blocked. It then retreats with its tail between its legs, only to be fired upon by turrets, fighter-bombers, and Unit-00's A.T. Field.

Spoiler
    Show
    Angel takes a Stand action, then makes a Standard Attack on Unit-03. The Angel succeeded on its to-hit roll, but is Parried. The Angel falls back a short ways. Updated map.
    Last edited by PalusAbel; 2014-03-10 at 10:14 PM.

13. - Top - End - #433

It was actually running, no thanks to her. Layla managed yet again to solidly connect with her AT Field, and yet again, it had so little force that she might as well have not bothered. How did Ty make this look so easy?

This is pathetic... well, any more bright ideas, me? Because hitting it with a telekinetic BB gun is getting old really fast.

MAYBE YOU SHOULD STOP BEING A WHINY BITCH AND GET OVER THERE AND TEAR IT A NEW-

Shut. Up. Goddamnit. Yep, I am losing it. And the worst part is that I'm beginning to agree with you too...

Show

Full Action: Focal Thrust (6 ATP). Attack was successful. Deals 5 damage with Breach 8 and Pen 0 to the Angel's body.

14. - Top - End - #434
    Titan in the Playground

Can't keep close, too hard to hit it with the knife. Gotta try something else. It was becoming increasingly obvious that she needed more options to contribute to this fight, but Grace was reluctant to draw out the pistol that Helel was equipped with. She simply didn't feel comfortable with a gun yet, despite the training that NERV had been giving her. But at the same time, she couldn't just keep trying things that didn't work.

Do it. The heavy pistol swung up in a smooth arc, only a moment's pause in its movement as it was aimed the angel. The report of its fire cracked across the battlefield.

A little off. Aim higher. But it just might still hit anyway.

Spoiler
    Show
    Free Action: Maintain Neutralize (she's been doing this, but I should just keep mentioning it for clarity)
    Half Action: Ready Pistol
    Half Action: Standard Attack. Using Precision: Cleaving. 27 on the roll. Four degrees of success.
    Damage: 6+3 (gun stats) +2 (Cleaving).

So, 11 damage, penetration 6.

15. - Top - End - #435

The Angel lowered its scepter, having soaked all the attacks without so much as a scratch. It did not even deign to attempt dodging Layla's second attack, which brushed past its torso like a gentle breeze. Had the Angel a face with a recognizable mouth, it would no doubt be twisted into a smug grin. A bullet slamming into the Angel's right leg would tear the grin right off, however, as the Angel momentarily dropped to one knee. It screamed what was almost certainly a curse at Grace as it staggered back to its feet and waved its scepter angrily.

Spoiler
    Show
    The shot collides solidly with the Angel's right leg. For clarity, the Angel was not actually knocked Prone by this attack - I just think a bullet to the knee, while not as inconvenient to adventuring as an arrow, would realistically cause a stumble in all but the most sturdy humanoids.

Magi Report: The Angel possesses the Repulsion A.T. Power, and an analogue to the Sacrifice talent that allows it to redirect attacks to its scepter. This ability allowed it to greatly reduce the damage it would otherwise have taken from some of the previous attacks, namely Unit-00's second Focal Thrust and the conventional forces barrage. Most importantly, Unit-03's last attack has brought the Angel's right leg below one-third of its maximum Wound total. Every other location is above that threshold.

Last edited by PalusAbel; 2014-03-15 at 01:38 PM.

16. - Top - End - #436

It's pulling back. Gilles thought. All right, just need to keep up the pressure....

Unit 02 fired off another quick two shots of suppressive fire at the angel and stood up.

Spoiler
    Show

-Free action maintain neutralize on Angel, 5 ATP
    -Half Action Obscuring Barrage. Success. Quote: If you succeed, your opponent may make an Easy (+20) Perception Test as a Reaction or else it may not take any Full Actions until the beginning of your next turn.
    -Half action Stand Up

Stats
    Spoiler
    Show

Deflection: 0
    ATS: 0
    ATP:0
    Rifle Ammo: 4/6
    Right hand: Shield
    Left hand: Pallet Rifle
    Right Wing: Smoke Grenade
    Left Wing: Empty
    Weapon Rack: Pn Hammer

17. - Top - End - #437

Once again, the Angel found its vision clouded with gun smoke, but a forceful wave of its scepter tore through the obstruction. The Angel scanned the battlefield carefully, attempting to identify the most dangerous opponent. Its gaze settled on Unit-00. In the blink of an eye, the Angel rocketed straight past Unit-03. Grace reacted in time to fire a single round at the Angel's torso, but this did not cause its conviction to waver. It appeared before Unit-00 with its scepter drawn back like a pool cue. The scepter erupted out of Unit-00's back with a crackling roar. The Evangelion's body grew red-hot and burst into flames. As the scepter was removed, the weakened torso collapsed under its own weight.

Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by PalusAbel; 2014-03-16 at 07:53 PM.

18. - Top - End - #438
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Unit-00 buckled as the Angel's attack burnt a hole clean through its torso and out the other side. As the Evangelion itself caught fire and slowly began burning away, the LCL in the plug flash-boiled. Ty was screaming even as Unit-00 pitched backwards from the impact.

He could feel all of it. The hole burnt through his chest and the paradoxical feeling of both erupting into flames and being boiled alive, all of it. It was in his throat, in his lungs. His vision turned red as even his eyes were scalded. It was excruciating.

As he convulsed and thrashed, the tiny part of his mind that was still rational asked: why is it always me?

Then his Evangelion hit the ground, although he barely noticed the jolt, and its systems finally failed, plunging the interior of the plug into darkness. This did nothing to improve his situation.

Spoiler
    Show
    Flubbed my dodge roll, and then my fate reroll was even worse. Took 9 critical damage to the body, Ty's out of the fight. Ty himself takes 12 damage, and gains 6 Insanity. Stupid dice roller. Sorry guys.

19. - Top - End - #439

Sheridan disdainfully looked over the battlefield from her vantage point on Nerv HQ. She shook her head with a sigh, slowly bringing a strange, arcane pistol to bear on the distant Unit-00. It was a construct of many-colored crystal whose geometry strained the eye, but it was clear that it was some kind of weapon. She pulled back on what might have been a slide, causing the whole weapon to whir and scream like a berserk cuckoo trapped inside of its clock. When she finally discharged the weapon, it released an even louder shriek, coupled with a flash of light that could be seen for miles. If one could slow time to a crawl and dim the explosion to near absolute darkness, it would become clear that a forked crystal, itself like a piece of frozen lightning, split off from the weapon and flew toward Unit-00's pilot. The crystal sank beneath the superheated surface of the Evangelion with the slightest of ripples, and buried itself cleanly into Ty's skull.

All this came to pass in a moment's notice, concealed by the sheer brilliance of the weapon's light, but Sheridan knew she had hit her mark. She shifted her goggles onto her forehead and turned on her microphone. "This is your Commander speaking. All units, be advised: the pilot of Unit-00 has been awakened. Do not get in his way." She clicked the microphone back off, sighing once more before turning to Lonell for support. The Vice Commander merely shrugged his shoulders, wordlessly taking the weapon from her and returning it to an ornate box. His attention was on Unit-00.

20. - Top - End - #440
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Abruptly, there was a flash of light and a moment of even more pain, then Ty lost all feeling. He drifted in pitch darkness for some time. How long, he did not know. It could have been the span of a heartbeat, or it could have been hours.

In his complete isolation, cut off from his senses, there was a familiar sensation, but it was quickly forgotten when, even in the absolute darkness of the plug, Ty saw his sister step put from behind him as if it were as bright as day. She strode before him, unhindered by the LCL, and did a little pirouette before she stopped, facing him with an impish grin.

He tried to talk, to ask 'what are you doing here?', but his scalded mouth and throat betrayed him, and it came out as an incomprehensible wheeze. She seemed to understand anyways, and cocked her head to one side.

"I'm here to help you, of course. Now come on, pull yourself together. There's an Angel out there, and it's going to do to your friends what it just did to you. That means you need to kill it."

He wheezed again. I can't. Unit-00's inoperable.

His sister blinked. "You don't need Unit-00. Don't you feel it? That indescribable sensation you've grown so accustomed to the last few days? What does that mean?"

His eyes snapped open when he realized. An AT-Field. He could still feel an AT-Field. It was strong, too; stronger than it had been before. Almost as strong as the Angel's.

But Unit-00 was offline. It couldn't be generating the field. Experimentally, he flexed it, and there was suddenly light in the plug. He looked around for the source, and when he didn't find it, his sister pointed at his hands. So he looked at them.

His hands were glowing as if a fire were burning within him; his skin translucent and the bones visible underneath. Every beat of his heart sent a pulse of light through his veins. He barely had time to process what he was seeing before his sister leaned into view. "There's no time for this. Let's go."

Yes. Let's.

Ty walked to the plug's hatch. With the illumination he could see it was semi-molten. Taking into account that the boiling LCL no longer hurt, Ty reached out to it and was only slightly surprised that it only felt comfortably warm. Pushing against the weakened door with the new, stronger AT-Field for support, it gave way and swung open, revealing the gaping hole through Unit-00's chest. He climbed out and scampered across his fallen Evangelion, the AT-Field patterned for speed.

The Angel still towered above him, but its attention had turned to his friends. That meant it thought he was dead. That meant he could surprise it.

As he gathered his AT-Field, much like he had earlier, he grinned. Perfect.

Spoiler
    Show
    Half-Action: Move
    GM-allowed non-action: getting out of the plug as part of move action.
    Half-Action: AT Focus 4

Can't move far enough to get out of current square. Even with Accelerated Field it's still only 8 meters, so no updated map.
    Last edited by Zazax; 2014-03-17 at 12:31 AM.

21. - Top - End - #441

Suddenly, the Angel darted away from Grace until it disappeared from view behind the HQ building. Layla was momentarily puzzled.

Where the hell does it think it's... oh no. Ty.

She sent Grendel forward towards the parking lot to get a better view, only to find the Angel standing over the prone Unit-00, covered in flames and with its chest thoroughly smashed in. Including where the entry plug should be. She frantically turned on her comm for the first time since the current battle had started.

"Ty? Ty?! TY?!!! No. Bastard... you goddamn BASTARD!!!"

The self-control on her rage she'd been forcing on herself ever since coming to her senses from the blood frenzy cracked and threatened to vanish entirely, and she sent Grendel foreward in a reckless charge, barreling into the Angel and trying to pin its arms with the shaft of her spear.

Damn it. Damn it. Damn... it. I should have been protecting him. I should have... DAMN IT!

Show
    Full Action: Charging Grapple. Grapple initiation succeeded.
    Map
    Last edited by CrimsonKnight; 2014-03-17 at 02:51 AM.

22. - Top - End - #442
    Titan in the Playground

In complete silence, Grace aimed at the angel and fired, saying and feeling nothing, denying the world outside herself and her enemy.

Spoiler
    Show
    Half Action: Maintain neutralize to gain 6 breach against the angel.
    Half Action: Cleaving shot with the pistol.
    Fate point spent on an attack reroll.

The attack deals 14 damage and has 8 penetration.
    Last edited by AmberVael; 2014-04-03 at 12:22 PM.

23. - Top - End - #443
    Dwarf in the Playground

Mathew makes flashy hand movements, asks magi for Data, Checks on what is going on with Ty, and then Tries to find out where the noise came from, and if it's related.

Spoiler
    Show
    (sorry bad week)
    Drascin:
    Spoiler
    Show

after first death:

24. - Top - End - #444

Gilles watched as the angel ducked under his bullets and sprinted past Unit 03, only momentarily slowed by its firepower.

It's heading towards Kirby. Gilles realized, running after it to try and keep it in his sights.

"Kirby, it's coming right at you. Do you copy?" The Angel was there, right in front of Unit 00. It raised its staff into the air. "KIRBY?!? EVADE!" Gilles yelled into his mic. But it was for naught. The angel thrust its scepter forward like a spear, and the world seemed to slow as Gilles watched the staff pierce through Unit 00's body.

The Angel stood up and shook Unit 00's body off its staff calmly, and it fell to the ground, the scepter-wound steaming. Things moved very quickly, then. Unit 02's comms erupted with panicked chatter as the support staff tried to ascertain the condition of the pilot, punctuated by the enraged cries of Layla. Unit 01 streaked in towards the angel, hands grasping furiously, but the Angel languidly parried each of her attempts. Unit 03 opened fire as well, but the Angel knocked aside the shot.

Unit 02 moved in behind 03 and raised its rifle, preparing to take a shot, when a streak of light exploaded on his viewscreen, blinding him.

The hell was that? Gilles raised a hand to the light and averted his eyes to the side, when he noticed something odd. glanced at the HUD to check the distance, and noticed something odd. On top of the fire alerts and safety warnings flashing on and around Unit 00's status avatar, there was now one steady line in bold red letters:

BLOOD TYPE ORANGE DETECTED

Before Gilles could speculate what that meant, sounds of all the people panicking on the background of the coms cut off as the commander's override activated.

"This is your Commander speaking. All units, be advised: the pilot of Unit-00 has been awakened. Do not get in his way."
    'Awakened?' What does that mean? Gilles wondered. Then, the image of Layla's monstrous new form let to the front of his mind and Gilles felt his blood run cold as the implications of what the Commander said sank in. What happened to Second was happening to Kirby as well? If the Commander knew what was going on... this is not good. But there are more pressing concerns right now.

Unit 02 took aim at the angel and fired two quick shots of suppressive fire.

Spoiler
    Show

half action move
    free action half-aim
    half action Obscuring Barrage, hit
    Free action maintain neutralize illigal action.

map

Last edited by garter_snake; 2014-04-02 at 06:29 PM.

25. - Top - End - #445

Angel resists Layla's grapple, blocks Grace's attack with its staff, which has become visibly damaged, and dispels Gilles' gun smoke. It Feints against Layla and attempts to attack her Evangelion, succeeding on its portion of the Opposed Weapon Skill Test with three degrees of success. Its attack roll is a critical success, imposing a -10 penalty to Dodge or Parry even if the Feint fails.

26. - Top - End - #446
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

As he gathered his strength, Ty watched the Angel fight his friends, his eyes never leaving it. Layla charged, then Grace and Gilles fired. However, as Grace fired, Ty felt a strange tug, almost a resonance in her direction as she maintained her Neutralization. Focused as he was, he noticed immediately that his AT-Field seemed ever so slightly bolstered, in the same way him charging up did.

Interesting. What was that?
    I have no idea...

"That was you borrowing a bit of power from Helel's AT-Field." His sister casually strode up beside him. "Don't worry, you're not actually taking strength from her AT-Field or the powers she's using. You're just picking up the tiny bit of excess that slips between the cracks."

His attention snapped back to the fight when the Angel struck towards Layla, ending with a thunderous blow to Grendel's head. The memory of being impaled through the torso by that scepter flashed through his head.

Layla!
    This Angel really wants to die!

His sister turned to him, an impish grin on her face. "Then kill it."

He wrapped his AT-Field around himself and began focusing on it; willing it to do as he wished. The more he focused, the more the glow beneath his skin intensified until he was shining beneath his plugsuit; his face and hands like balls of light, uncovered as they were. As he did so, he began to run, his sister happily running along beside him. Once this happened, the Angel would know he was here, and he wasn't keen on being squished like a bug.

Nearly done, he slid to a stop and turned. His skin began to tingle and his hair stood on end as small discharges of electricity arced across the metal surface of Unit-00, although none seemed to touch his sister. A moment later, he began to rise off the ground until he floated a few meters in the air, electricity arcing from him to the ground.

As he willed his AT-Field into action, six enormous balls of fire appeared before him, each burning so white-hot they left afterimages dancing across his eyes. Glaring out from behind the melted, forgotten remains of his sunglasses, Ty rasped with a voice that echoed off of nothing: "Get away from her and DIE!"

A moment later, the balls of fire hurled out towards the Angel.

Show
    Non-Action: +1 ATP from Ambient Recombination.
    Free Action: Spend 12 ATP for extra Overbleed.
    Half Action: Focus Power: Fire Bolt. Dice roller kind of messed up because of board issues, but Focus roll was a 3d10 resulting in a 4, 6, and 7 before being overridden. With modifiers that's 37, which is 26 over the Power's Threshold, so that means 5 Overbleed. Attack deals 16 damage, Pen 5 to its head, 10 Pen 5 to the Core, 14 Pen 5 to the Right Leg, and 6, 8, and another 8, all also Pen 5, to the Body.
    Half Action: Move

Map
    Last edited by Zazax; 2014-04-01 at 10:01 AM.

27. - Top - End - #447

So occupied was the Angel with lording its martial superiority over Unit-01 that it paid no mind to the young boy clambering about behind it. The sudden surge of power flowing through him caught its attention, but it was too late for it to react. Even as six raging bolts of fire flew from his fingertips, he rose into the air wrapped in a shroud of crackling static. Pale lightning lashed out sporadically, punctuating the Angel's shrieks with crisp snaps. It frantically tried to pat down the flames that now covered the better portion of its body, revealing that even a being of its stature was susceptible to Ty's new-found might.

Spoiler
    Show
    The Angel is in trouble now. All struck locations are have caught fire.

28. - Top - End - #448

Layla swore as the Angel momentarily locked its staff with her spear, only for comprehension to sink in as it abruptly battered the spear low and proceeded to swing high, right at Grendel's face. She could do nothing but grit her teeth at the coming blow. Stars exploded behind her eyes as the EVA's skull was rocked hard by the blow, but it had failed to do worse than ensure she would have a monster headache to deal with after the fight. She shook her head (with Grendel mimicking the action) to clear her foggy thoughts.

"You call that... a blow? I've taken cinder blocks and baseball bats to the head before you mother... gwah?!"

Her anger at the Angel was momentarily sidestepped by sheer confusion as Ty's voice came over the comm. Followed by spotting him hovering in the air above Unit-00, channeling a massively powerful AT Field, and hitting the Angel with six balls of pyrokinetic force that left it engulfed in flames.

How the hell is he... oh god no. A P-scale AT Field, impossible abilities for a person to have... he's like me. He's no longer... Sheridan, what the f**k DID YOU DO?!!

She had to remind herself, again, that she would deal with the commander and find out what the hell was going on afterwards, but first she still had to deal with this Angel. And protect Ty, since he was no longer in Unit-00 and was he INSANE trying to take it on outside his EVA?! Layla lunged forward, taking advantage of the Angel's distraction from being set on fire to knock that damned scepter of it aside. With a ferocious cry, she brought the Progressive Spear overhead before stabbing downward, impaling the Angel's right knee. With a firm kick to the shattered kneecap (or whatever passed for one on this Angel anyway), she pulled her spear free, blood flowing freely from the gaping hole in its knee. She laughed.

"Guess you'll never be running a marathon now. Bet that hurts more than that tap to the head. Well... good."

Show
    Half Action: Feint. Feint was successful with 6 DoS.
    Free Action: Aim
    Half Action: Attack (Progressive Spear). Attack was successful. Attack deals 17 Rending damage with Penetration 6 and Breach 9 to the Angel's Right Leg. The leg suffers 4 Critical Rending damage and the Angel now has a permanent -10 Penalty to its Agility.

Stats:
    Head: 2/10 Wounds
    AP: +3 to all locations from Layered Field.
    Last edited by CrimsonKnight; 2014-04-02 at 01:47 AM.

29. - Top - End - #449

As balls of white hot fire roared out from behind the angel and engulfed it, Unit 02 covered its face with its arm. What was that? Gilles wondered, as the afterimages of the flames left his eyes. Another secret weapon, like that missile?

"Magnify." Gilles ordered his HUD. The screen zoomed in on a tiny spec hovering behind the angel. As the pixilation cleared, Gilles could make out a human figure, hovering in midair with his arm outstretched.

No prizes for guessing who that is. Gilles thought. He sighed. Behind the fear, questioning, and rationalizing going on in his mind was the growing realization that he was going to need a drink after all this was done. A strong one.

Gilles opened his coms to Grace. "Unit 03, this is Unit 02. I'm going to move up and suppress the Angel's AT Field. Please follow up and engage it in CQC."

Unit 02 darted up the field, closing on the angel. Gilles spread his AT Field over the Angel as he did so, suppressing its own.

Spoiler
    Show

Grace Waited, so turn order is:

Matthew?
    Layla
    Gilles
    Grace
    Angel
    Ty

half action move
    Half action Neutralize, 5 ATP

map

Last edited by garter_snake; 2014-04-02 at 08:09 PM.

30. - Top - End - #450
    Titan in the Playground

It wasn't enough.

The thought trickled into her stilled mind, breaking the silence she desperately attempted to maintain since the Angel had brushed past her effortlessly on its way to Ty. Lowering her emptied pistol, Grace stared at the absolute ruin of Unit 00 and the Angel standing over it, trying to sort out what she should do. Was it possible that Ty was still alive in there? Should she be salvaging his Eva and searching for him, or attempting to attack the Angel? Sheridan had said something about Ty awakening- she didn't know what it meant, but the implication was that he was alive somehow. Grace didn't have any idea of how that could be though. Either way though, she had to move forward- she hadn't done enough to prevent this, but if she stopped now it would only get worse. She had to keep going.

When fire blossomed around the Angel from the direction of Unit-00 her reaction was much the same as Gilles's- she zoomed in on the area as she ran towards the angel and ruined Eva and stared at the tiny figure there. Is that... Ty? Is that what Sheridan meant by awakened? Was that what happened to Layla?

She felt like she should be surprised, but really she just felt tired and lost. She didn't know what was happening, and she'd lost control over everything going on around her a long time ago. Angry, confused, hands shaking with suppressed fear, she drove her knife towards the angel only to have it turned aside once more by a crackling flare of lightning, the arcing electricity driving her back.

Spoiler
    Show
    Free Action: Maintain Neutralize
    Half Action: Move
    Half Action: Standard Melee Attack (Precision: Cleaving) 32.
    (Damage and Penetration to come)

New map.