New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Orc in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

Default Re: Lords of the 13th Age: Kingmaker (IC Thread)

The Welcoming Ceremony was a nostalgic affair. Aldren felt a mix of sadness and joy sitting there, watching a new generation of students start on their journey through Skywatch. It was too bad they would not get to do so in the Academy proper. He wondered what magic had caused the school to shut itself off from the world.

He was characteristically quiet as the Misfits made their way to visit the Captain. The sad state of the man's office dampened his spirits somewhat. So were the good rewarded in life.

It was a little difficult cramming into the little office, but they managed. Aldren listened to the Captain's explanation of the disappearances with increasing distaste. "It is not an uncommon phenomena in the more lawless cities. I am sad to see such happen in New Stetven, but very glad that someone is trying to stop it. You have my sword at your service, Captain."

He paused a moment, before asking a question. "What of this Secret Shadows group, Captain? I do not mean to tell you your business, but in my experience such groups often have the tacit sponsorship of powerful individuals. Do you have any idea about their origin and workings?"

2. - Top - End - #32
    Bugbear in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

"Falgram Sneeg, ay? Never heard of him." Duvan muttered to himself.

Before Garess could answer Aldren's question, Duvan spoke up.
    "I know a bit of the Shadows, meself, mostly just bar-room rumors, Pretty typical thieves guild stuff."
    Last edited by Shyftir; 2013-09-23 at 01:06 AM.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGuy

Dario attended the Welcoming Ceremony in his finest robes, he also made sure to wear his school ring which he got upon graduation. The influence and political pull of the Skywatch was evident since the speaker was no other than Baron Kevan Manning.
    Dario was rather perplexed by Captain Garess’s office, but before he could fully size up the situation he was lead inside by Roberto.

When Dario learned the alleged bloodsport arena the Crypt was in the sewers he couldn’t help but cringe. The sewers seemed like an appropriate place for such distasteful activities by such lowlife scum. On the other hand it meant that he would have to go into the sewers. Dario made a mental note to wear something discard able, because he’s not going to be keeping this set of clothing after a romp through the sewers.

Another thing, while Dario would like to hear all of the evidence that lead to the, to be honest, rather farfetched conclusion, he didn’t want to offend Captain Garess. He would really hate to go trudging through a sewer following some rehearing. Dario reluctantly decided to not question the conclusion, but would ask for more info about the Crypt. He didn’t like going into a combat zone with so little info. Dario also considered asking more about the mercenaries, but decided not to, since that could also be seen as offensive.

”It seems that your investigation skills are top notch Captain Garess to have determined the location of the Crypt. I would like to know what you could tell us about the security there. Approximately how many guards are on duty during one of these battles? What are they armed with? How large is the Crypt, do we know if it has multiple levels? How do the spectators come and leave, do we know of anyone to attends these battles? When you say “take down” does this mean we’re permitted to use lethal force, I should I stick to my sap?”

4. - Top - End - #34

Kesten shuffles through a few papers before sliding out a large, recent looking map of New Stetven's underground.

"I'm sure this is missing plenty of the older, unused tunnels, but Falgrim swears it marks the only way in. Or at least the only way in he could find. The Crypt is bigger than I thought it would be, from his description. It has a sanded arena floor and a two rows of stadium seating. I presume many of the attendees are less savory members of society but..like you said," he nods toward Aldren, "they could be working with someone else, probably nothing but rich merchants but..well, you know how some of the nobility can get. Perhaps a minor knight or one of the banner houses is reaping some of the profit. I've heard that the Shadows named themselves that because the Prince of Shadows runs them. Of course, every two-bit criminal guild claims the same. I doubt the man even exists..that said, many that claim such things tend to be better organized and have more connections than smaller, disorganized thugs."

He pulls another sheaf of paper out, glancing it over. "We're not sure how many of them there are, but its not likely to be more than thirty spread out over the arena and the outer checkpoints. It seems they have two main entrances leading to the seating areas. We're not sure if there is a separate entrance to the arena itself. If there is, its not accessible by any of the updated tunnels on the maps we have. They're just a thieves' guild so resistance isn't expected to be too severe. I'd prefer to bring in a few alive so we can find leads to the top...but that's not likely to end well for any of us if anyone important is involved. So my main goal is simply shutting it down for now. If something similar pops up again, I'll be ready to step in and deal the same punishment again."

"Falgrim will lead us here." Kesten indicates a red path with a circle on the map. "Where we will split up and come at both entrances at once. After that we try to focus on any Secret Shadows we find in the arena. Ignore the fools that are there just to watch. As much as I'd like to arrest all of them, it'll be hard to deal with them and armed guards at the same time. The Shadows all wear identical cloaks--black fabric with a white trim and a keyhole on the back. Detain or eliminate all of them. I'll show this city a hard hand and teach the rabble what happens when you victimize anyone, even the poor."

He frowns, tapping the table. "And of course I'll pay you. I don't have much but I could afford..say, fifty gold for each of you who volunteers? Do you have any other questions? As you can see, we don't have that much information..but its enough to stop the atrocity."

5. - Top - End - #35

SolithKnightGuy

"Seems simple enough, most of the riff-raff will flee if we can hit the place hard enough to seem like a bigger force." Duvan offered. He had his doubts about this plan, mostly because of the reliance on Sneeg.

6. - Top - End - #36

SwashbucklerGuy

Theron spends the entire graduation ceremony extremely bored. He eventually caught the eyes of an attractive young lady, probably the older sister of someone graduating. He spent the time trading googly-eyes with her. Towards the end of the ceremony, he realized he had also caught he attention of a man he recognized from the Surtova family. As soon as the ceremony ended, he jetted his way outside as quick as possible to wait for the others, seeking cover in the busy streets. He kept a wary eye out as they headed to the meeting.

Once inside Garess' office, he relaxed noticeably. "I like this plan. Let's do it!" he said, nodding solidly.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Orc in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

Political expediency was something that always galled, but such was the way of the world. Aldren nodded thoughtfully as the Captain laid out the plan. It was risky, no doubt. 50 gold seemed a fair price, for all that he would rather waive the coins. And Duvan hopefully had the right of it. Common thieves would scatter at a raid and not offer much resistance.

He smiled at the mention of the Prince of Shadows. Such was the rumour in every city, town and broken hut in Avistan. By the sound of it, the Prince was behind everything.

"Well, I am no tactician. I trust your judgment on this, Captain Garess. I shall be prepared."

8. - Top - End - #38
    Barbarian in the Playground

Devil

Vasily, much more alert when he wasn't trying to go drink-for-drink with an older, larger tavern owner, nodded. "Thieves or not, 30 men on their home ground- and that underground, in the sewers- could put up a serious fight. I don't know anything about tunnel fighting, but I know hunting bandits in their home range."

He glanced at Duvan. "If they're anything like bandits, they'll run unless they've got a strong leader they're either more afraid of than us or that they genuinely respect. Somebody who could be the core of a defense."

The young man looked back at Garess. "Do you know anything about their leader, if they have one? Is there anyone you know of who might be able to rally the thieves in the face of our raid?"

9. - Top - End - #39

MindFlayer

"Hmm, I would suspect such criminals to flee at the sight of guardsman of the city watch."

10. - Top - End - #40
    Orc in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

Aldren regarded young Vassily with new interest. The boy had an agile mind when not inebriated it seemed. He looked to Garess to see if the Captain had an answer for this question.

11. - Top - End - #41

SolithKnightGuy

"The lad has a point. If these rogues have strong leadership, we'll need to take them out first. Nothing so demoralizin' as having yer commander get picked off early." Duvan nodded thoughtfully before continuing. "Perhaps if we can get a man inside prepared to strike at the head just as we launch our attack?" The mercenary's eyes scanned the group; none of them seemed like prime candidates for infiltration to him.

12. - Top - End - #42

Quote Originally Posted by Karl Prosek View Post
    The young man looked back at Garess. "Do you know anything about their leader, if they have one? Is there anyone you know of who might be able to rally the thieves in the face of our raid?"
    Kesten nods, rubbing his chin. "From what we've gathered, the arena has a few thugs who try to hold it together. There's also a reserved area of seating for, who we assume, are the prime patrons or leaders of the place. Unfortunately, the only thing we know about them is that one of them is a well-armored, extremely tall man."

For Duvan Only
    Spoiler
    Show

You know that the Pathfinder society occasionally has maps of certain areas. Since you scored a 5 on one of your Icon relationships, you could make use of your relationship to them to see (successfully) if they have any older maps than what Kesten is using. If you do decide to do so...see the second spoiler

For Duvan 2
    Spoiler
    Show

The Pathfinder Society does indeed have a map that includes many of the tunnels not on Kesten's. It's an old and fairly decrepit map but you can match it up with where the Crypt is supposed to be and it looks like there is a third tunnel that comes up into the bottom area of the place. The Crypt was an old dueling arena that had a separate entrance for participants. If you bring this up, it could provide a third entrance into the Crypt and prevent any Shadows from escaping that way.

If no one else has any other questions, Kesten dismisses you and asks to see you all the next night.

Date: 6 Rova 4711

The next night, you meet Kesten at his office. He leads you to a rusted sewer gate in the Lower Ward where four men are waiting around. Roberto is practically bouncing in excitement at getting to do something. He's dressed in a fancy chain shirt and has a sword strapped to his hip. Kesten waves to the four, obviously expecting them.

"Those are the mercenaries I could get ahold of for this. I know its not much but..well, you'll be providing most of the muscle."

The leader of the mercenaries seems to be a middle-aged man with an unruly, ragged black beard speckled with white hair. "Kesten! We was wonderin' if you would e'en show up. Jax was betting you'd scuttle out at the last minute but..well, looks like you brought more back up than we was expecting."

The youngest of the four, a black-haired man with a slight frame and a broken nose smiles shamefully. Kesten introduces him as Jax Drury while the remaining two are Chad Hopkins--a blonde with a snarky smile and Winston Granville--an older, balding man.

"Alright..Falgrim knows the way through the main tunnels. When we reach the split, we'll divide up into two groups and come at each entrance simultaneously. Hopefully that will keep most of 'em from escaping. Let's wipe out this vermin nest!"

13. - Top - End - #43

Devil

Vasily shows up in a suit of well worn but lovingly maintained leather armor, the deep brown blending into the city shadows as well as any black. He has a pair of long knives strapped to his thighs long enough to be called short swords- no long, loose scabbard for him- and a quiver and bowcase on his back. In spite of his youth, the young man looks steady, as if he's already experienced the anxiety and adrenalin that comes in the minutes before a mission.

He nods at Garess and each mercenary as they're introduced. "Are we carrying torches or are the entrance tunnels already lit?" Either answer had their problems, and he looked ready to deal with both.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGuy

Dario arrives wearing knee high boots, peasant looking clothes under his armor, his leather armor and a light gray raincoat and wide brimmed hat. He carries his Aldori dueling sword, in its sheath of course, a sap and a quiver and short bow case. His fancy hat and fan are in this backpack in water tight bags. He considered leaving them at the inn with most of his other fancy clothes, but he wanted to keep them on hand In case he had to leave town in a hurry.

Dario was a little nervous; while he had served as a watchman in Restov for about 3 years he hadn’t taken on a mission like this before. The current estimate had the enemy outnumbering us about 3 to 1 and we were fighting them on their own ground. Hopefully many, most or all would run when confronted with combat, but who could say for sure.

Dario considered if he should proceed carrying his sword or his sap. He decided on his sword, it would look more menacing, hopefully scaring the thieves into submission.

Dario noted that Vasily seemed in his element, asking strategically important info about the sewers.
    Tellah: "You spoony bard!"

15. - Top - End - #45

SwashbucklerGuy

Theron leans against the wall with an easy confidence, in his trademark green leather jacket, keeping a look out for anyone that didn't belong there. "Evening, gentlemen." After introductions, "A pleasure. I'm Theron." After hearing the plan, "Sounds good, we'll follow your lead, Falgrim. Kesten, how do you want to handle the split up?" Noticing Dario fidgeting nervously, he lightly backhands the youth's chest, smiling roguishly, "Hey, you gonna be all right down there?"

16. - Top - End - #46

Quote Originally Posted by Razorstorm View Post
    Theron leans against the wall with an easy confidence, in his trademark green leather jacket, keeping a look out for anyone that didn't belong there. "Evening, gentlemen." After introductions, "A pleasure. I'm Theron." After hearing the plan, "Sounds good, we'll follow your lead, Falgrim. Kesten, how do you want to handle the split up?" Noticing Dario fidgeting nervously, he lightly backhands the youth's chest, smiling roguishly, "Hey, you gonna be all right down there?"
    Falgrim speaks up after a nod from Kesten.
    "We'll stick together until we hit the tunnel divide under Baker Street. After that, well..Kesten, me and the boys and erm..I guess one o' you all will come with us." He looks around at you then smirks and points to Roberto. "Cavalli, right? Been to your bar once, nice place if a bit pricey for me. You can come along with us. There should be only one checkpoint between here and there. We hit 'em hard and they won't have time to raise an alarm. That is, as long as they don't know we're coming."

Convenient how there are equal PC's to NPCs..it wasn't that way last time I ran this! Much easier this way!

Side note: If Duvan does {spoiler} then things will..change a little at the divide. [Insert evil DM laugh here] God, I love when you roll 5's.

17. - Top - End - #47

The rusted gate creaks open and your rag-tag group of mercenaries, soldiers and Misfits stride into New Stetven's underground sewers. The brick walls are damp, but only somewhat grimy. You try not to think about what the squishing sounds beneath your feet are. The tunnel is wide enough for you to walk two abreast. Kesten and Falgrim are at the front of the assemblage, each bearing a torch in one hand and a sword in the other. The tunnels are intercepted several time with other access ways, wooden doors or iron grates. Occasionally you even take one of these passages.

DC 20 Wisdom check, can use any dungeoneering, secret access, or black market type backgrounds.
    Spoiler
    Show

While Falgrim's path seems random at first, you realize he is following a pattern. Certain bricks have been pulled out and re-arranged to indicate the correct path toward the Crypt.

About thirty minutes into your sewage-filled adventure, Falgrim stops. "Okay, quiet now. The checkpoint is up ahead. Keep your weapons sheathed until we get close. We'll pretend to be here for the fights."

Chad, who is standing next to Theron, nudges him. "Hope you all are as good with those weapons as Kesten says ye are."

The next tunnel is wider than the others and has a pair of crude wooden barricades forming a chokepoint. A lantern shines down the corridor, illuminating it with flickering light. "Oy! Who's coming walking down the sewers? This area is uh..under repair!"

The voice laughs and a group of six dirty, armed guards step out from behind the barricades. They wield an array of poorly maintained weapons and bear the black and white lined cloaks of the Shadows.

"Ye daft? Repair my ass. We're here to watch some blood get shed and bet on the fights tonight!" Falgrim's voice changes, speaking a little cruder than he had before and pitching lower, as if he's trying to sound menacing. He doesn't stop moving, continuing to walk toward the barricade alongside Kesten.

"That all, yeah?" The one speaking, a tattooed man with a greasy mustache lifts his mace and eyes Falgrim as he continues to approach. "Hold on, a bit. Aren't you forgettin' something mate?"

DC 25 Wisdom check using same backgrounds as above. OR if you made the last check, the DC is only 15
    Spoiler
    Show

The brick work is different in this area of the sewers than it was in the others. This is easier to spot if you already noticed the layout earlier. It looks as if the entire chamber had the walls taken down and rebuilt recently. The mortar wasn't replaced in several rectangular sections looking almost like...doors.

18. - Top - End - #48

Devil

Vasily, knowing nothing about underground vaults or dungeons, divines no special insight from the misplaced bricks. He moves efficiently and quietly, though, doing his best to translating to hunting in a forest to stalking through a sewer. It isn't quite the same, but his previous experience doesn't hurt.

He remains quiet as Falgrim speaks, mentally preparing himself to act in case it turns to violence.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGuy

Dario’s contemplation of the mission was interrupted by Theron’s good natured slap to the chest.

Dario was a little embarrassed that he had forgotten to introduce himself, since Captain Garess hadn’t taken the initiative to introduce us to them.
    ”Oh, I’m sure I’ll be as all right as anyone who is walking thru the sewers filled with dozens of thieves, ha.”Dario hoped a little joke would ease his tension. ”Nice to meet you, I am Dario Manolo.” Waving sheepishly to the assembled mercenaries.

20. - Top - End - #50

MindFlayer

"Good to meet ya lads" Hal is all smiles for the assembled mercenaries. Conversing at length with the men, he promises them drinks on him at the Glass Angel when the work is over. A little incentive to keep him alive couldn't hurt. He eyes the young one, Jax, with concern, and does what he can during their hike through the sewer to keep the boy's confidence up.

Feeling guilty for leaving the tavern understaffed for the third time in as many nights, Hal walks quickly. His short legs push through the sewer quickly, keeping abreast of Cavalli. When the approach the checkpoint, Hal eyes the walls nervously, recognizing the recent stonework. He nudges Cavalli, cocking his head in the direction of the masonry, and keeps one hand on a hammer on his belt, while the other slips up his cloak to where his shield is strapped to his back.

21. - Top - End - #51

SolithKnightGuy

Duvan showed up in his normal gear, but covered his armor and weapons with a dark cloak that was easily discarded. His normal shield was too hard to hide in this environment, so he was keeping his dirk within easy reach in case he needed a second blade.

Gone was his normal carefree expression, he was here to work. He merely nodded at the other mercs and quietly sized up the group. He spoke with Roberto before the group entered the sewers but vocalized too softly to be easily heard.

22. - Top - End - #52

SwashbucklerGuy

Theron gives his best "I'm a deadly bad-ass, you don't want to mess with me" glare over Falgrim's shoulder at Mr. Greasy-Mustache-Tattoo dude.

23. - Top - End - #53

"You know..I don't think I am. We don't have passwords for this ****."
    As Falgrim gets within a few feet of the thug, Mr. Greasy-Mustache-Tattoo dude pulls out his mace and swings it toward the swordsman.

"No, but we 'eard a group of armed bastards was gonna make they's ways in 'ere tonight. Get em boys!" With a shout, the masonry Hal had noticed falls to the side, revealing several niches filled with armed warriors. Where before you had outnumbered the few guards, you now found yourself surrounded. A few more men step from behind the barricades leading a pack of large, scarred dogs. The one with the leash lets go and draws his own weapon.

Kesten, Falgrim, Jax, Chad and Winston turn to engage the men who have sprung from the walls leaving the men in front to the rest of you. There seem to be three men with large, heavy metal maces, four men with wooden clubs and the pack of hounds.
    If no one had noticed the masonry, I would have given the enemies an initiative boost for surprise. They needed it too! Check out those initiatives..

Round 1
    Initiative Order
    Spoiler
    Show

Vasily 24
    Theron 23
    Dario 23
    Duvan 13
    Aldren 10
    M1 8
    Hal 6
    M2 6
    M3 5
    Last edited by DawnRaven; 2013-09-24 at 06:50 PM.

24. - Top - End - #54

"Have at the thieves! Show 'em what a real sword does!" Falgrim swings at a cloaked figure leaping from the falling masonry, slashing him across the chest. Jax steps up beside him to deflect the thrust of a lithe woman with a rapier while Winston gets smacked in the shoulder by another woman with a cudgel from the other side. Kesten and Roberto turn to fight back to back, easily parrying pathetic attacks and dashing in to stab at unprotected abdomens. A bolt from a hidden cranny shoots clear through Chad's calf spraying blood into the waters around your feet. With blood spilt on both sides, the battle is started.

25. - Top - End - #55

SwashbucklerGuy

Round 1, Initiative 23

Theron
    HP - 24 / 24, AC - 15, PD - 16, MD - 11

Theron grins wickedly at the thugs drawing their weapons. "Don't say we didn't warn you!" He surges forward in blur of spinning motion, like a finely trained dancer, turn tightly as he draws his dueling sword and dagger. He then springs into the air in a high aerial cartwheel over Mr. Greasy-Mustache-Tattoo Dude, stabbing downward at the peak of his flip. He lands behind the thug, his blades at the ready. "Come on, you ugly son-of-a-b!tch, let's dance!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Swashbuckling Manuever to get to the other side, and engage Mr. Greasy-Mustache-Tattoo Dude, and a Melee Basic Attack + Sneak Attack (Sneak Attack enabled because it's first round and I beat his Initiative).
    Attack: (1d20+5)[8](13) vs AC
    Hit: (1d8+4)[12] + (1d6)[6] = 18
    Miss: 1
    Last edited by Razorstorm; 2013-09-24 at 11:51 PM.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Orc in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

Round 1, Initiative 10

Aldren
    HP - 24 / 24, AC - 15, PD - 14, MD - 13

Aldren had shown up in his best armor and his most drab clothes. There was no point in looking good when one was about to go traipsing about sewers. He nodded sharply to the mercs, introducing himself briefly. Grunt work like this was not his forte really and he felt slightly nervous. He had no doubt in his skill with the sword and staff he carried or in his combat magic, but this kind of concerted action was something he had seldom participated in.

The trip through the sewers was distracting. Aldren was quite familiar with dank, dark, tight spaces and with the possibility of danger lurking in every dark corner. Even so, just the knowledge that he was pushing through sewage was...unpleasant.

The half-elf straightened as they came upon the checkpoint and were confronted by a group of thugs. His eyes narrowed. He tightened his grip on his staff and held it in a defensive position. Something did not feel right...

Aldren sighed as the walls around them fell apart, revealing an ambush. "Here we go," he muttered as battle was joined. He noticed he was near the back of the group. His spells would come in more handy than his staff at the moment.

As the fight escalated, Aldren set his staff aside and lifted his arm, summoning the power deep inside. He aimed at one of the three wielding heavy maces. In a deep, booming voice, he roared,"Lightning Bolt!" A corona of power shone around him as the tongue of lightning shot towards the target.

(OOC: Spell rolls in OOC thread.)
    Last edited by Shieldheart; 2013-09-25 at 05:43 AM.

27. - Top - End - #57

SolithKnightGuy

Round 1, Initiative 13

Duvan
    HP - 30 / 24, AC - 18, PD - 13, MD - 12

As battle ensues, Duvan drops his cloak revealing his sword and dirk. "MACHALLON!" With a cry, he dives into combat striking hard and fast at one of the better armed assailants.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+5)[9] vs AC (on a mace weilder)
    on hit: (1d8+4)[9] damage
    on miss: 1 damage.
    Last edited by Shyftir; 2013-09-25 at 12:19 AM.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGuy

Round 1 Initiative 23

Dario
    HP: 27/27, AC: 15, PD: 13, MD: 13

Dario felt a cold chill run down his spine, they had been outwitted and were now surrounded! He knew he would have to push himself to the limits if he and his allies where to survive.

In a quick fluid motion Dario drew his Aldori long sword. Simultaneously he extended his consciousness to the air spirits, few swift gestures with his offhand he traced a glowing blue rune meaning “wing” in the air Speed of the Zephyr. A rush of wind washes over Dario and his allies, enhancing the speed of their attacks.

Spoiler
    Show
    (Song of Heroes): You and nearby allies gain +1 attack bonus until the start of your next turn. A Quick action.

The enemy already knew of their coming so stealth wasn’t critical. He focused again on the forces of air, bringing beads of sweat from the exertion. His offhand this time traces the rune for “lion” Roar of the Lion. A misty form of a lion materializes in front of a bandit wielding a heavy metal mace. The lion opens its maw and lets out an intense roar, a visible shockwave slams into the bandit’s chest with the force of a mace.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+5)[16] vs MD
    (1d4+3)[7] thunder damage

29. - Top - End - #59

Round 1
    The ambushers react slugishly, while first to draw their weapons it is the invaders who strike first. Theron's acrobatics land him behind a surprised and unsuspecting foe (+2 to hit for Swashbuckling maneuver). The thug rolls to the side, avoiding all but a small gash to his side. Aldren's magicks crackle through the sewer, leaving behind the tang of ozone in the air as the bolt catches Theron's foe full in the chest as he stands from his dodge adding roasted flesh to the already pleasant sewer stench. Duvan's strikes are blocked by the haft of an iron mace again distracting one of the thugs enough for a spellcaster, Dario this time, to strike him with a spell.

Spoiler
    Show

Theron - Engaged with tattoo heavy mace guy
    Duvan - engaged with a rather thin young man with a battered fisherman's hat

Before Hal can react, the pack of hounds is upon you all. Two leap at Theron as he turns to face his target.
    Spoiler
    Show

(1d20+6)[10] 4 damage
    (1d20+6)[25] 4 damage

While the other three charge at Dario, barking their lungs out. One leaps for his arm while the other two run toward his legs.
    Spoiler
    Show

Dario is engaged with 3 hounds.
    (1d20+7)[18] 4 damage
    (1d20+7)[23] 4 damage
    (1d20+7)[20] 4 damage

Monsters 2 and 3 will go after Hal or tonight sometime if Angstrom hasn't posted.
    Last edited by DawnRaven; 2013-09-25 at 10:37 AM.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGuy

Round 2 Initiative 23 Escalation die 1

Dario
    HP: 15/27, AC: 15(19), PD: 13, MD: 13
    Dario had thought that the cur the thugs had brought would be little more than distraction, he had seriously miscalculated. Now he had a painful wound in his sword arm and both legs. Two mongrels circled him snarling, his blood coating their teeth. The third had fallen to Vasily's arrow seconds before.

Dario had to concentrate, it was imperative that he maintain the Speed of the Zephyr air spirit blessing upon them. Despite his best efforts he feels the energy of the air spirits slipping through his mental grasp, their attention not easily kept. In a last ditch effort he focused on Theron, who was facing the tatooed man and 2 dogs. Air spirits rushed to quicken his next critical action, then they where gone.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20)[4] DC 11 to sustain, if it fails Theron gains +2 to his next attack roll.

Dario knew that he had to put down one of these mutts if he was to live to see the end of this battle. In a swift, fluid motion Dario lunges at one of the beasts, thrusting the long swords point towards its chest. His lead foot pushed through the sewage, splashing and causing a wake of filth in its path.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+5)[8], VS AC, please add 1 if the spell above is sustained
    (1d8+3)[5] damage

OOC note
    Spoiler
    Show
    Speed of the Zephyr has ended, Theron gains +2 to his next attack roll, then the spell will end

Dario felt Hal gather spirits to strike at the tatooed man. These spirits were not the elemental spirits that Dario communed with. They seemed quite formidable, though coursing through the man and staggering him.

Dario was even more supprised when instead of leaving immediately they gathered around him. He sensed that they where causing his image to be blurred, shifting and wavering to confound the attacks of his enemies. Then as quickly as they had come, they vanished.
    Last edited by ChaiGuy; 2013-09-27 at 11:35 AM.