New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Pokemon Tournament X-Y: Sponsored by SHEOL Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post

The gnoll dressed up as a geisha (without the make up) looks up. "Okay. Just that pokemon then?" It asks while looking at the Purrlion and handing over the form to sign.
    "And the thousand wailing spirits encased within, ma'am," the Purrloin casually replies.

"Err...I mean, VENUSAUR!"

Dear lord, you're terrible at this, Inspector.
    Last edited by Lord Magtok; 2013-09-24 at 09:55 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

[Sign Ups - Becca]

"Pfft, I know how to train my pokemon. Just because he's a lot bigger than he was before doesn't mean that changed." Becca rolls her eyes. As if she wouldn't use Draeke anyway. He's her ace in the hole!

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

Mouse gives a sigh at Investigator's reply. "He does that from time to time." She admits as she fills out the form. "I don't know why."

Even so, she reaches down to scratch the pokemon's ears.

Spoiler
    Show

Investigator - Purrloin
    Last edited by UncleWolf; 2013-09-24 at 10:09 PM.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Bugbear in the Playground

Sign-up - Thad

"I sign you up man!" The gnoll elegantly writes down something on his papers and then hands Thad a laminated card. "This be your access card to tournament. Good luck man!"

The gnoll stares at the purrlion, why did she get all the weird trainers? "Um, m'am? Think your pokemon is possessed by something." She still hands "Nancy" her trainer card however.

A gnoll flight attended (or at least one dressed as one) greets the young woman at the booth. "Hello there, how may I help you? You want some directions?" She asks with a wide smile on her face.

[Sign Ups - Becca]

"Have to believe your word, I've trained Milo a lot lately anyway so I'm not too bothered by a gyrados." She claims.

Anyone might be able to walk up to the two trainers, they are both bragging pretty loudly.

[Sign Ups==>Beating Booth]

A tall drow is jogging towards the stadium. She's dressed in a blue training overall at the moment and casually eyes the trainers signing up to the tournament as she runs by into the stadium itself.

Once there she goes directly to the beating booth. "Hello, what sort of bets are you taking?" She asks with a confident smile on her face.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2013-09-25 at 04:08 AM.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Orc in the Playground

"Thank you." The pegasus will smile and take the pen in his mouth to sign up.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Trainer: Dark Lightning

Steelwing- Skarmory
    Fate- Honchkrow
    Neoen- Xatu
    Rocky- Aerodactyl
    Topiary- Tropius
    Flygirl- Altaria

Competition: 3vs3 & 1vs1

The tall woman nods and will take a piece of paper and sign it, doing everything with her left hand.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Trainer: Reverend/Madame Gertrude de la Moy

Shuckle
    Yanma

Competition: 1vs1
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

6. - Top - End - #36

"And here is your trainer card... and you are good to go!" The police gnoll exclaims excitedly. "Just remember to stay around. They will call your name when it your turn."

The large biker-gnoll looks at the paper. "That is good. You get card now." He (she?) hands her a laminated card. "You can go into trainer room now. Show card at tournament."

7. - Top - End - #37
    Orc in the Playground

The pegasus trainer nods and will head to the locker rooms.

"Thank you. I hope you enjoy watching." The fish-handed lady will walk towards the locker rooms.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground

[Sign Ups - Becca]

"Pfft, Draeke can even handle electric types. He's super tough. I'm not worried." Becca says with a dismissive shrug.

9. - Top - End - #39

Sign-up

"Thanks, man," Thad says as he makes his way to the trainer room. His dancing Ludicolo jigging it up behind him.

Trainer Room

Upon entering and seeing a crowd of tough looking, and fully evolved pokemon, he stops and stares. Snapping his fingers twice, the Ludicolo moonwalks past him and hands him a pad and paper. and he begins scribbling on the pad not breaking eye contact with the pokemon.

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground

Trainer Room

The gaggle of Pokemon do their best to quiet down to polite levels for the flute playing, although it's a bit hard for a few of them. As the newest fellows come in a few of them wave hello cheerily.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

11. - Top - End - #41

[Sign Ups - Becca]

"We'll see." The other trainer replies with an equally dismissive tone. "Let's just get to the trainers room and get a look at the rest of the competition." Beatrix, having already registered her team of pokemons, will walk to the trainers room to meet the rest of the trainers.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2013-09-25 at 11:03 AM.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ogre in the Playground

[Trainer Room]

Becca follows along and takes a look at those gathered in the trainer room. Hmph, no one here looks all that tough. Well except that random group of pokemon in the corner, but she can totally take them. Yeah.

13. - Top - End - #43

Trainer Room

Thad awkwardly waves back at the pokemon before finding a place to sit and scope the competition.

The Ludicolo is still dancing the samba like a mad duck. "Lu-di. Lu-di." It dances it's way towards Becca and Beatrix. Thad watches with interest. This has a chance of being hilarious and informative. The Carefree Pokemon performs a spin and stretches out a green hand to the girls.
    Last edited by OrchestraHc; 2013-09-25 at 02:50 PM.

My Characters

14. - Top - End - #44
    Orc in the Playground

Trainer Room

There's a red-furred pegasus pony stallion with a white mane and tail and blue eyes trots up. His cutie mark is three pokeballs in a triangle- a premier ball, a pokeball and a dusk ball. He's wearing a red scarf around his neck, a bandoleer with six pokeballs sat in it and a rucksack. Currently, he's sat in a corner, watching the other trainers.

Also, there's a tall human woman whose right arm ends in a fish sat with her legs crossed, smiling at the Ludicolo. She's wearing a silver amulet depicting a two-tailed scorpion.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ogre in the Playground

Trainer Room

By this point the team breaks their huddle and spreads out to make themselves comfortable. Montblanc fades into the shadows, Leon and Riptide settle best they can on the human-intended benches, Wattsworth (who does, by the way, have a monocle on one of his many eyes) settles under the bench, clicking his mandibles, and Simon and Lucca stay where they are against the lockers. The flygon seems to be the only one who's nervous.
    It seems they've decided to keep to themselves until addressed. Best not make things any more awkward for the humans with them there.

16. - Top - End - #46

Trainer Room

Beatrix immediately recognizes the duck-billed pokemon, she had seen that kind of pokemon before, they were hilarious! Sadly she can't recall their names but with some clever wording she could hide that fact!

"Hah, look. I have seen that type before, they're real goofballs." She exclaims as she see the Ludicolo and bravely accepts the hand of the water/grass pokemon. This ought to be fun right?

Peeking into the room is the police gnoll who were at the sign up booths. It seems to want something but isn't speaking up about it.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ogre in the Playground

[Trainer Room]

Becca eyes the Ludicolo. She's not so sure that she's seen this kind of pokemon before. "Hey, I think there was one on a TV show back home." She says, a bit uncertainly. She's not sure about grabbing its hand, but when Beatrix does with so little hesitation, Becca does the same a moment after.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ogre in the Playground

[Sign Ups==>Beating Booth]

A tall drow is jogging towards the stadium. She's dressed in a blue training overall at the moment and casually eyes the trainers signing up to the tournament as she runs by into the stadium itself.

Once there she goes directly to the beating booth. "Hello, what sort of bets are you taking?" She asks with a confident smile on her face.
    The tall male employee behind the desk speaks. Most anything, really. The standard 'ere is you pay x amount of money on pokemon y. If pokemon y wins, we pay you your bet, plus one hundred dollahs. (Whatever money is here.) If pokemon y loses, you pay us the bet. That's how this works. Interested in placing one? We also offer drinks and pleasantries.

19. - Top - End - #49

Trainer Room

Mil plays the flute for a bit of time, lose in the music. Upon finishing the song, he opens his one eye and puts the flute back. Can't play music all of the time waiting here. Well, there's more people here, including that girl who he met in the mall, the one with the odd evee.

20. - Top - End - #50

Trainer's Room

Excellent! When it has both seńoritas by the hand it starts moving their hands up and down to the beat of its... let's call it quacking, "Lu-di. Co-lo," lifting the each each hand every two beats. He's gives them a second before he starts doing a simple dance to the beat. Left foot forward, right foot forward. Left foot back, Right foot back. Lu, Di. Co, Lo. If they don't start dancing he'll bop the toes of their shoes in his feet. What they got lead in there or something?

Thad meanwhile, is glancing over at them taking notes.

My Characters

21. - Top - End - #51

A gnoll flight attended (or at least one dressed as one) greets the young woman at the booth. "Hello there, how may I help you? You want some directions?" She asks with a wide smile on her face.
    ((Was this for me? I think it was.))

Randii shakes her head. Nope. I want in on this stuff. The one-on-one and the three-on-three. She'll pull her trainer card out of her pocket.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ogre in the Playground

The woman sighs again and shakes her head. "I know. He's always been like this since I found him though. Thanks." She says, taking her card and going to where she's supposed to wait, hoping that Needs doesn't ruin things.

23. - Top - End - #53

[Sign Ups - Vis]

A young boy heads for the Sign Up table. The seems to be around 12. He got blond hair and green eys. on his back lays a shield and sword and he wears brown leather clothes covered by a chainshirt. He got four pokeballs. three are placed on the back side of hsi shield and one at the hilt of his sword.

"I would like to sign in here."
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

24. - Top - End - #54

[Beating Booth]

"Wait, aren't you supposed to bet on trainers rather than their pokemons?" Turns out Dena knows something about pokemons, huh. "Since you don't know which pokemons that are going to be used each fight."

[Sign Ups - Vis]

A large gnoll in a biker jacket looks down at boy. "Ok. You sign here with your pok-mons" It points at a pile of paper next to him. "Then you get card and you enter. Simple." The gnoll explains.

Might want to mention if he likes to be in the 1vs1 competition, the 3vs3 competition or both.

[Sign Ups - Randii]

The gnoll gets a thoughtful expression as she hears Randii's request. "Okay, but remember you only use one pokemon at the time in both competitions. No dual or triple fights." She explains with a smile before handing over the sign-up papers.

[Trainer's Room]

"Hah! I wish my pokemons could dance." Beatrix remarks as she attempts to mimic the pokemons movements. Dance was an important part of her culture so she wasn't too shy about it.

Meanwhile the police gnoll sneaks closer to the trainers, holding a bunch of papers. What could it want?
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2013-09-26 at 10:46 AM.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ogre in the Playground

Trainer Room

Leon gets up to address the gnoll coming in. "Grah?"

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ogre in the Playground

[Trainer's Room]

Becca doesn't join the ludicolo right away. She's reluctant to do so at first. She's a tough pokemon trainer! That doesn't involve random dancing! But after it taps her clunky boots a couple times, she relents and and starts to mimic the steps. The aforementioned boots do make it a tad difficult, though. "This is silly." She comments with a giggle.

27. - Top - End - #57

Randii nods her head a little and idly waves her hand. Yeah, yeah, I know. I read the rules. She goes to fill out the papers.

Spoiler
    Show
    Trainer: Randii

Team:
    Leavanny - Morrison
    Gothitelle - Amy
    Unfezant - Tyler
    Samurott - Page
    Chandelure - Seger
    Boldore - Joan

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

28. - Top - End - #58

Trainer Room

It wouldn't be doing this if it was serious. It's a Ludicolo for Christmas sake.

With the ladies moving their feet, he starts moving there arms in circles and leaning back and forth to get the rest of their bodies moving. When he's satisfied with their grooving, he turns starts dancing with them, clapping out a beat.

Thad, takes releases a Roselia from its pokeball. It seems uninterested in it's surroundings, but its trainer pokes its cheek and points to the dancing Ludicolo. "Roselia." It then starts whistling a tune for them to dance to.

The gnoll does have his attention for a bit.

My Characters

29. - Top - End - #59

[Sign Ups - Vis]

A large gnoll in a biker jacket looks down at boy. "Ok. You sign here with your pok-mons" It points at a pile of paper next to him. "Then you get card and you enter. Simple." The gnoll explains.

Might want to mention if he likes to be in the 1vs1 competition, the 3vs3 competition or both.
    [Sign Ups - Vis]

The boy wonders at the appereance of the gnoll.
    "I heared of it, but I never thought a speaking pokemon works here."

His Team
    Spoiler
    Show
    Joltik - Spidy
    Metagross
    Porygon
    Glaceon - Shiva

and since I assume he needs to make a cross he makes one at both tournaments.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

30. - Top - End - #60

[Sign Ups - Vis]

"What?!" The gnoll growls. "Me no pok-mon!" It shakes it's fist at the boy and then slams it inot it's chest. "Me gnoll. You understand?"

[Sign Ups - Randii]

"Okay, just making sure." She then hads over the trainer card. "Here. This be your entry card to tournament. Have a good time!"

[Trainer Room]

The gnoll shies away from the dancing and turn it's attention to the charizard and Thad, looking at them with big eyes. "Um... so I was wondering. When you are introduced by announcer, you want them to say anything special about you and your team?"

Beatrix continues to dance, but is rather curious about the Ludicolo's trainer, and what the gnoll just said. Soe hse moves up to them. "Hey, won't you join in?" She asks Thad, considering how she would be introduced.