Quote Originally Posted by Shyftir View Post
Just got 13 True Ways! Really like the new fluff.

Just out of curiosity, I'm planning an episodic almost "Saturday Morning Cartoons" sort of campaign where the PCs all work for a "retrieval service/adventurers guild." My question is: Which city do you think I should set up the HQ of this organization?
So In my campaign I used the "Bitterwood Mercenary Association" based out of Glitterhaegen, and coined that entire portion of the Empire from Glit through to Anvil as the "Trade Region" and said it was the center of commerce for the Empire. The association functioned basically as a kind a screening and job referral service. You could get other mercs, but Association mercs had a certain standard of training and professionalism, and thus commanded better jobs and wages.

Glitterhaegen always struck me as the most cosmopolitan. My campaign also very much dealt initially with the orc lord's invasion out of the NW. I think a Freeport game centered around the southern forests and the sea wall could be pretty cool too. If you ever need a quick advenure, then something new came from Omen, the necroplis, or the sea wall. Very 1990s Power Rangers like, lol.