New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252641 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] NO XV: All In One Package

[Kirk's Room]

"Oh c'mooon Kirk," Tina says, trying to hold his arm and keep the drow there for a moment. She pouts at him. "I still wanna have some fun. Lets make a deal." Although it's really Dena putting anything up, so the rest is up to her.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

2. - Top - End - #452
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Kirk's Room]

The other drow shakes her head. "Give it up Tina, even if I would let up he would chicken out when it come to his part of the deal. I know him pretty well by now." She remarks as she gives Kirk a knowing glance.

3. - Top - End - #453
    Ogre in the Playground

[Kirk's Room]

"Such cruelty. Trying to coerce me into a situation where you were confident I wouldn't hold up my end of the bargain. It's almost like you wanted to back me into that corner." Kirk's voice doesn't have the same mirth or amusement it's had earlier. He pulls out of Tina's grasp and stands to retrieve some fresh clothing.

4. - Top - End - #454
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [NO Office - Inside]

"According to what I've been told by our employer, you two will suffice," Dipsnig says. "I can contact him as soon as you're ready."
    "Give me ten minutes of prep after getting back to base and I'll be good to go," Cassidy says.

5. - Top - End - #455
    Ogre in the Playground

NO Office- Inside

Krayger nods.
    "About the same."
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

6. - Top - End - #456
    Halfling in the Playground

[Kirk's Room]

Tina keeps pouting. Her hands fall in her lap wanly. "We were only joking around, Kirk." Tina just wanted to have some fun, honest! She didn't think it would make Kirk so uncomfortable. She glances at Dena. "I mean. We were, right?" It's pretty obvious Tina would've agreed to the deal seriously in a heartbeat.
    Last edited by Murkus; 2013-11-25 at 01:18 AM.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

7. - Top - End - #457
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Riverside Office - Obriane

Obriane looks up. Oh dear. "Ah..." Did it just say it name was Maran? "...hi, yeah, I wanted to hear about that license. What sort of benefits are there for a freelancer?"
    "Calmly: At this point in time, there are three primary benefits coming along with NO Licensees: first, Discounts at Trog's Tavern, Black Dragon's Den, Erin's Emporium, and Azik's Enchantments. Matter-of-factly: You also get access to NO Licensed contracts, of course, and if your work is good you have a chance of becoming a NO Member. With emphasis: In addition, NO offers protection from dishonest employers. If someone shorts your pay, or is of the evil persuasion and decides to try and kill you because you're a 'loose end,' NO will support you. Hopefully: I've heard that they're considering other benefits in the near future, as well."

"Dismissively: the only thing that NO asks in return is a modest cut of your profits. Reassuringly: It should more than make up for itself, given the discounts available, and the availability of additional jobs."

8. - Top - End - #458

[Tunnels]

"Still no sign of Slii," Dipsnig says. "And it looks like this mess has been sitting like this for a while. It is different from the last time I was here, though. This lab wasn't here before. He must have moved it here, and dug new tunnels for the rats. I really don't like it, but we must press on and try to figure out what happened."
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Tunnels

"If new member is tasked with forming tunnel networks and breeding vermin once this one's corpse has been uncovered, a request is made that weekly check-ups be made. Ensure the new meat doesn't perish under similar circumstances." Mostly Krait's worried about himself here. His kind are known for their tunnels, and the last thing he wants to do is get caught in a cave-in and forgotten like this 'Slii' fellow apparently was.
    Tunnels

The cages rustle at the sounds of their voices as something stirs at the very bottom of the clutter, clattering across the floor with a multitude of claws attached to soft, padded feet. One cage is bumped by a furry shape from the shadows, brushing past it jerkily as the stack wobbles unstably, finally toppling with a cacophony that simultaneously sends the beast lumbering back to its hiding place and reveals its splendor for both of the prying investigators to see.

The thing moves like a lumbering insect, fitting as Slii must have based it on a millipede. Slipping between the stacks of crates and cages expertly, the train of muscular, dog-sized rodents weaves back and forth, following its rheumy-eyed leader blindly. Each it attached to the one before it by the tail of the other, flayed apart and flared out at the end and grafted over its eyes, with the spine obviously inserted through one of the sockets and somehow entwined with the beast's brain. Each works as a part of the whole, a network of brains all acting in unison to search out food despite the limitations of only having one set of eyes and oh so many mouths and stomachs.

Krait catches sight of what may be the tail end of the beast, so to speak, along the far wall. It appears to have them fully encircled, though a few stacks of cages sit between the majority of its bulk and them, obscuring how long it truly is and possibly protecting them from a full out assault.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

9. - Top - End - #459
    Titan in the Playground

[Tunnels]

"Holy mole-rat sh**t!" Dipsnig yells, frantically raising his crossbow to his cheek. He doesn't fire yet, though. On the off-chance the thing isn't out to eat them yet, he'd rather not provoke it. "I thought this place couldn't get any worse. This is what I get for daring the universe!"

[NO Office - Inside]

"Good. I'll contact our employer and tell him to be ready as well," Dipsnig says with a nod. Presumably, Cassidy and Krayger leave and he does contact the scientist who hired them.
    Last edited by Morty; 2013-11-25 at 01:11 PM.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

10. - Top - End - #460
    Dwarf in the Playground

NO Office - Inside

The pair will be directed to a small lab in inside as their start point.

11. - Top - End - #461
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    "Calmly: At this point in time, there are three primary benefits coming along with NO Licensees: first, Discounts at Trog's Tavern, Black Dragon's Den, Erin's Emporium, and Azik's Enchantments. Matter-of-factly: You also get access to NO Licensed contracts, of course, and if your work is good you have a chance of becoming a NO Member. With emphasis: In addition, NO offers protection from dishonest employers. If someone shorts your pay, or is of the evil persuasion and decides to try and kill you because you're a 'loose end,' NO will support you. Hopefully: I've heard that they're considering other benefits in the near future, as well."

"Dismissively: the only thing that NO asks in return is a modest cut of your profits. Reassuringly: It should more than make up for itself, given the discounts available, and the availability of additional jobs."
    Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Kirk's Room]

"Such cruelty. Trying to coerce me into a situation where you were confident I wouldn't hold up my end of the bargain. It's almost like you wanted to back me into that corner." Kirk's voice doesn't have the same mirth or amusement it's had earlier. He pulls out of Tina's grasp and stands to retrieve some fresh clothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    [Kirk's Room]

Tina keeps pouting. Her hands fall in her lap wanly. "We were only joking around, Kirk." Tina just wanted to have some fun, honest! She didn't think it would make Kirk so uncomfortable. She glances at Dena. "I mean. We were, right?" It's pretty obvious Tina would've agreed to the deal seriously in a heartbeat.
    [Kirk's Room]

"I was." Dena admits, getting up from her bed as well and stands there as the other drow starts taking on his clothes. "Come on Kirk, it was just a joke. I got you something that might get you in a better mood though." She retrieves a piece of paper from her back pocket and offers it to him. "Your ship, I think I know where it is."

[Riverside Office]

This creature spoke very strangely, but that would be expected considering how strange it looked. "So what's the difference between it and an actual membership?"

12. - Top - End - #462

Tunnels

"Insisting...no, demanding to be paid if we survive. Never should have come to your gods-forsaken Nexus, regretting the decision more than anything." Krait responds, his usually calm demeanor tinged with a slight amount of apprehension. Krait doesn't do panicking, but he's certainly no stranger to fear. He's only human mortal, after all.

"You and the lady can strike at its backside, will be striking the front end. Use cages as cover and high ground. Don't die."

Our kobold springs into action, attempting to get the beast's attention by running to one side of it and stabbing the beast in one of its eyes. A major weakness, he suspects, being so massive and clumsy, and limited to just those two.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

13. - Top - End - #463
    Ogre in the Playground

Gates:

Well, this was awkward. But unfortunately necessary. A messenger boy has been sent from Marciano Louv're to deliver a package. The boy holds said package along with a small metal device the size of a keyboard. He speaks out. Package from A Mr. Marciano Louv're, addressed to Dipsnig of NO!

14. - Top - End - #464
    Titan in the Playground

[Gates]

The package is retrieved and opened by a golem.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

15. - Top - End - #465
    Ogre in the Playground

[Gates]

The package is retrieved and opened by a golem.
    Well, said Golem will find inside the package is a box of 36 very nice looking chocolates, the stolen money paid back in full along with an addition of 1,500 to help smooth relations, and a cheap but nice "Sorry" card.

The messenger boy speaks to the golem. There's also this thing. It's a hologram device, it's meant to be given and opened by Dipsnig.

16. - Top - End - #466
    Titan in the Playground

[Main Base - Gates]

If Dipsnig was there, he would probably look surprised. He probably does look surprised, wherever he controls the golem from. After that, the door closes and the golem carries the device to Dipsnig. He'll activate it, but only after verifying that it's indeed just a hologram.

17. - Top - End - #467
    Ogre in the Playground

[Main Base - Gates]

If Dipsnig was there, he would probably look surprised. He probably does look surprised, wherever he controls the golem from. After that, the door closes and the golem carries the device to Dipsnig. He'll activate it, but only after verifying that it's indeed just a hologram.
    It is indeed simply a hologram device. The device will activate, revealing Marciano Louv're sitting at a black leather chair, awkwardly tapping his fingers. Hey there, Mr. Dip. As you've no doubt seen, I've repaid you the money I stole. I am very sorry for what I did, and I'm attempting to turn over a new leaf. Whatever. No, the chocolates aren't poisoned.

18. - Top - End - #468
    Titan in the Playground

[Main Base - Dipsnig's Office]

On his side of the hologram, Dipsnig raises an eyebrow and perks up an ear. He doesn't really believe that Marciano is trying to redeem himself, or whatever, but it's what he classifies as someone else's problem.

"A new leaf, you say. None of my business, really. You paid us back with interest, so I won't have to declare an open hunting season on your ass. Our business is hereby concluded."
    Last edited by Morty; 2013-11-25 at 06:39 PM.

19. - Top - End - #469
    Dwarf in the Playground

Riverside Office

"Explanitorially: Being a full NO member opens you up to Membership-exclusive contracts, and the full facilities at the NO base. It also contains a certain amount of prestige. In order to be a full NO member, you need to start as a license-holder, however."

20. - Top - End - #470
    Ogre in the Playground

On his side of the hologram, Dipsnig raises an eyebrow and perks up an ear. He doesn't really believe that Marciano is trying to redeem himself, or whatever, but it's what he classifies as someone else's problem.

"A new leaf, you say. None of my business, really. You paid us back with interest, so I won't have to declare an open hunting season on your ass. Our business is hereby concluded."
    Marcy frowns and cracks his knuckles. This was an incredibly awkward scenario. Well.... Yes. See, I'm fully attempting to go good or whatever the hell. and that means I need the "Thumbs up" of a major Good-Aligned Acro. So, Mr. Dip... It appears I need to somehow do a favor for you or something.

21. - Top - End - #471
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    [Kirk's Room]

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Kirk's Room]

"I was." Dena admits, getting up from her bed as well and stands there as the other drow starts taking on his clothes. "Come on Kirk, it was just a joke. I got you something that might get you in a better mood though." She retrieves a piece of paper from her back pocket and offers it to him. "Your ship, I think I know where it is."
    [Kirk's Room]

Kirk turns to looks back at Dena as he's just pulled his pants up. His eyebrows shoot up. Here he was all ready to be annoyed with her, but now he's just intrigued. "My ship? You mean the one that damn pirate stole from me?" Can't ever trust a pirate. "How'd you find that?"

22. - Top - End - #472
    Titan in the Playground

"If you want a favour from me, you can start by using my full name," Dipsnig says, frowning. Shortening his name irritates him. "Regardless, though, I very much doubt we count as 'good-aligned'. We're neutral. It's right there in our name. And morality doesn't play much of a role in our MO."

23. - Top - End - #473
    Ogre in the Playground

"If you want a favour from me, you can start by using my full name," Dipsnig says, frowning. Shortening his name irritates him. "Regardless, though, I very much doubt we count as 'good-aligned'. We're neutral. It's right there in our name. And morality doesn't play much of a role in our MO."
    Marciano adjusts his chair and speaks. Ahh... Well. Mr. Dipsnig, you do. The Wall-Person specifically said that NO counts as a gold star for me. However, I need that thumb up or whatever. Basically, I guess if we're friends now it counts. Um. Well. You won't shoot me if I walk up tot he place anymore. I hope. That'd be inconvenient...

24. - Top - End - #474
    Titan in the Playground

Dipsnig looks at the hologram of Marciano above stapled fingers.

"I can publicly announce that you've paid off your debt to us and thrown in something extra for all the trouble you'd caused us, thus ending the feud between us. If you want more than that, you'll have to make me a deal."
    Last edited by Morty; 2013-11-27 at 08:20 AM.

25. - Top - End - #475
    Orc in the Playground

[Main Base Entrance]

BANG BANG BANG on the front door.

Seems someone wants in. It's probably pretty cold out there, especially in this time of year.

The odd thing is, nothing seemed to be approaching before this point.
    Spoiler
    Show

by Happyturtle and Ashen Lilies

FFR Links:

26. - Top - End - #476
    Ogre in the Playground

Dipsnig looks at the hologram of Marciano above stapled fingers.

"I can publicly announce that you've paid off your debt to us and thrown in something extra for all the trouble you'd caused us, thus ending the feud between us. If you want more than that, you'll have to make me a deal."
    Marcy looks at Dipsnig with a very bad attempted pokerface. Ironic for someone who owns a casino. Yes, yes. That's all a given. That would be very nice and kind. I need to somehow get my abominable PR up, and I have no idea how to do it. A deal? What kind of deal, Mr. Dipsnig.

27. - Top - End - #477
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcomet View Post
    [Main Base Entrance]

BANG BANG BANG on the front door.

Seems someone wants in. It's probably pretty cold out there, especially in this time of year.

The odd thing is, nothing seemed to be approaching before this point.
    The door slides open for the visitor.

Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
    Marcy looks at Dipsnig with a very bad attempted pokerface. Ironic for someone who owns a casino. Yes, yes. That's all a given. That would be very nice and kind. I need to somehow get my abominable PR up, and I have no idea how to do it. A deal? What kind of deal, Mr. Dipsnig.
    "That depends on what you want, exactly," Dipsnig says. His poker face is much better than Marcy's. "Like I said, informing everyone of your debt being paid is free. If you want me to put our reputation on stake to help you improve yours, it will cost you. Say, are the bouncers and bodyguards in that casino of yours NO-licensed?"

28. - Top - End - #478
    Ogre in the Playground

The door slides open for the visitor.

"That depends on what you want, exactly," Dipsnig says. His poker face is much better than Marcy's. "Like I said, informing everyone of your debt being paid is free. If you want me to put our reputation on stake to help you improve yours, it will cost you. Say, are the bouncers and bodyguards in that casino of yours NO-licensed?"
    He frowns. He wasn't exactly sure how Dipsnig knew that Marciano was also Ritz Mckane, the man who owned said casino. But he wasn't about to deny it either. So, he snaps his fingers, and off screen someone hands him a piece of paper. A roster of employees. Erm. No. Not... Not one. Why ask?

29. - Top - End - #479

[Tunnels]

"Holy mole-rat sh**t!" Dipsnig yells, frantically raising his crossbow to his cheek. He doesn't fire yet, though. On the off-chance the thing isn't out to eat them yet, he'd rather not provoke it. "I thought this place couldn't get any worse. This is what I get for daring the universe!"

[NO Office - Inside]

"Good. I'll contact our employer and tell him to be ready as well," Dipsnig says with a nod. Presumably, Cassidy and Krayger leave and he does contact the scientist who hired them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Tunnels

"Insisting...no, demanding to be paid if we survive. Never should have come to your gods-forsaken Nexus, regretting the decision more than anything." Krait responds, his usually calm demeanor tinged with a slight amount of apprehension. Krait doesn't do panicking, but he's certainly no stranger to fear. He's only human mortal, after all.

"You and the lady can strike at its backside, will be striking the front end. Use cages as cover and high ground. Don't die."

Our kobold springs into action, attempting to get the beast's attention by running to one side of it and stabbing the beast in one of its eyes. A major weakness, he suspects, being so massive and clumsy, and limited to just those two.
    Tunnels

The eye bursts with surprising force as soon as the implement brushes against it, rupturing out of its socket as pressure from behind it tears it asunder and causes the lead rat to flinch backwards in pain and discomfort before more damage can be done. Krait may see the flaw in his plan of blinding the beast, as another eye soon moves up into the cavity to replace the ruined one, perhaps telling him just why there was so much pressure on it in the first place.

Nonetheless, the attack does provoke a reaction beyond mere cowering and retreat, as a shadow looms above a stack of cages and quickly lashes out like a morbid, meaty jump-rope in an attempt to coil around Krait's arms and force them to his sides with a section of the ratipede's horrid length. Despite how massive and clumsy it seemed on the ground, when whipping a mass of itself into the air it did so with surprising agility.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

30. - Top - End - #480
    Titan in the Playground

[Tunnels]

Dipsnig swiftly loads a cartridge of bolts into his crossbow, muttering under his breath. He then jumps onto the nearest cage, in order to gain the high ground, aims at the end of the rat-pede twice. Each bolt, upon striking flesh, will shatter into three razor-sharp needles, each of them digging deeper into the target.

"If you want to earn some good will from our side, you can start by changing it," Dipsnig says. "Hire only NO-licensed muscle. Feel free to make your current employees purchase our license, if they're willing. So long as everyone in your employ has one."
    Last edited by Morty; 2013-11-27 at 05:30 PM.