New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 18 of 50 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272843 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] NO XV: All In One Package

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    [Kirk's Room]

"Shame, I do prefer big boats," Tina says, stifling a giggle. "Rings of fire eh? Well the fact that it can fly is cool enough."

Then Kirk says he has to go! Tina pouts at him again. "Aw, Kirk, but it's always pleasure before business!" She calls after him as he goes, "This does not count as a get-together!"
    [Kirk's Room]

Dena tilts her heads and smiles widely. "Too bad all Kirk's boats are small then eh?"

Then the other drow decides to leave. She shakes her head as he closes the door. "That man perplexes me, it's not like he actually needs the money he makes here, it's just something he does for fun. Yes, he works for NO for fun."

2. - Top - End - #512
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    [Inside Office]

A knock knock knock knock
    Raps upon a wooden door
    How mysterious!
    One does not actually need to knock in order to enter the Inside office. Upon entering, the mysterious person will be greeted by a wide hall with desks and clerks.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

3. - Top - End - #513
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

[Inside Office]

Oh! No knocking with that in mind, then.

At any rate, the person at the door is Sarah!

Since I don't think she's ever encountered one of your characters before, she's a human (or not quite, depending on perspective) female with very slightly tanned skin, dark hair, and brown eyes. A few scars adorn her face, not all of which are particularly flattering, and the rest of her body is crisscrossed with long-healed cuts and slashes.

She has a strong physique and is quite healthy (though not at "Bodybuilder" or "Big Dumb Fighter" levels), and keeps herself tidy without being obsessively neat.

She's currently wearing a cuirass of tanned and cured horsehide lined with wolves' fur, with attached woolen sleeves and leggings.

"Hello? Is this where those adventuring licenses are distributed?"
    Last edited by BladeofObliviom; 2013-12-02 at 05:06 PM.

4. - Top - End - #514
    Titan in the Playground

[Inside Office]

The clerk who addresses her turns out to be a bulky lizard-person with curly horns, dressed in a very smart suit.

"Yes, ma'am, this is the place where you can obtain a Neutralist Organization license."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

5. - Top - End - #515
    Ogre in the Playground

Gates-Applying For A Job

Trucido Amare stands at the gates to NO, wearing his dark grey and dark red armor. The Sith needs a way to produce money to pool to help afford the repairs needed to bring the Temple back to functioning again. They'd need new computers, new lab equipment, everything. Seeing as Trucido really has no desire to get horribly beaten into the ground again, he decided to pay a visit here.

6. - Top - End - #516
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

[Inside Office]

"Ah, splendid! Would you please point me to the necessary paperwork then, messere?"

She doesn't come from a universe where lizard-people exist, or the word "Madam", for that matter, but she's been around long enough to shrug off most of the day-to-day instances of Nexus weirdness.

After all, she's a magical witch from a setting that's named after its own acronym and where demons live in people's dreams, so weirdness isn't all that weird.

7. - Top - End - #517
    Titan in the Playground

[Inside Office]

Thedas. The Dragon Age Setting.

How did I never notice this? D=

Ahem. The draconian produces some paperwork from the desk.

"Certainly, ma'am. Just fill these with your personal and contact information and you can receive your very own license with all the benefits it entails."

8. - Top - End - #518
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

[Inside Office]

Heh. It actually hit me on my second or third playthrough of the first game, in "The Wonders of Thedas" store in Denerim. I had to pause the game, sit down somewhere other than my desk chair, and laugh until my ribs hurt before I was able to continue playing.

"Of course."

Sarah happens to have a pen handy, so she dutifully fills out the information in question. Since you didn't actually specify what, I'm assuming it's the normal bureaucratic resume-type stuff like name, date of birth, skills, et cetera.

Most of it is true information, though her surname is fabricated for...reasons, and she left out any evidence of her previous membership in MURDER. She also left out any mention of Blood Magic, since she'd rather that not be public information.

9. - Top - End - #519
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Kirk's Room]

Dena tilts her heads and smiles widely. "Too bad all Kirk's boats are small then eh?"

Then the other drow decides to leave. She shakes her head as he closes the door. "That man perplexes me, it's not like he actually needs the money he makes here, it's just something he does for fun. Yes, he works for NO for fun."
    "Oh, Dena, you're awful," Tina says, though her expression says otherwise. The neon girl grins a bit, then looks perplexed and mildly amused when Dena explains Kirk's employment. "That's right! He did say something about being loaded. Did he ever tell you how we met? I robbed the guy. Then when he tracked me down, he let me keep it, said it wasn't a big deal. I guess he wasn't kidding." She looks around a little at the sparse room. Sure doesn't look like Kirk's rich either. "Why the hell would anyone work here for fun?"

((Oh, SC, I posted in Riverside yesterday. You're up))
    Last edited by Murkus; 2013-12-03 at 10:41 AM.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

10. - Top - End - #520

Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
    Gates-Applying For A Job

Trucido Amare stands at the gates to NO, wearing his dark grey and dark red armor. The Sith needs a way to produce money to pool to help afford the repairs needed to bring the Temple back to functioning again. They'd need new computers, new lab equipment, everything. Seeing as Trucido really has no desire to get horribly beaten into the ground again, he decided to pay a visit here.
    Gates-Applying For A Job

Well, since Fade is hat the front door and doesn't know the man he speaks up to him .

"Can I help you?"
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

11. - Top - End - #521
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    [Inside Office]

Heh. It actually hit me on my second or third playthrough of the first game, in "The Wonders of Thedas" store in Denerim. I had to pause the game, sit down somewhere other than my desk chair, and laugh until my ribs hurt before I was able to continue playing.

"Of course."

Sarah happens to have a pen handy, so she dutifully fills out the information in question. Since you didn't actually specify what, I'm assuming it's the normal bureaucratic resume-type stuff like name, date of birth, skills, et cetera.

Most of it is true information, though her surname is fabricated for...reasons, and she left out any evidence of her previous membership in MURDER. She also left out any mention of Blood Magic, since she'd rather that not be public information.
    Yes, the information is fairly standard paperwork stuff. However, the contact information requirements are fairly stringent, as NO needs a reliable way of contacting each of their licensed mercenaries.

After filing the information, the clerk produces a blank license card and enters Sarah's name as well as NO's official seal.

"Here you go, ma'am. You are now a licensed mercenary."

12. - Top - End - #522
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

[Inside Office]

Luckily, contact information isn't too hard, since Sarah has a cell phone. She hasn't the slightest clue how it works beyond the basics of how to operate it, of course. To be fair, though, that's true of a shocking number of people even in the real world.

Anyway, the mage accepts the card with a smile.

"Thank you, and I'll be sure to keep in contact if I have need for your organization's services."

And with that, unless the service worker has more to say, Sarah takes a light bow out of habit and makes her exit.

13. - Top - End - #523

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    "Oh, Dena, you're awful," Tina says, though her expression says otherwise. The neon girl grins a bit, then looks perplexed and mildly amused when Dena explains Kirk's employment. "That's right! He did say something about being loaded. Did he ever tell you how we met? I robbed the guy. Then when he tracked me down, he let me keep it, said it wasn't a big deal. I guess he wasn't kidding." She looks around a little at the sparse room. Sure doesn't look like Kirk's rich either. "Why the hell would anyone work here for fun?"

((Oh, SC, I posted in Riverside yesterday. You're up))
    ((I know, I just was too tired yesterday to really post much at all.))

[Kirk's Room]

"Not any more than Kirk." Dena replies with a smirk.

Tina's backstory causes the drow's eyebrow to arc however. "He didn't mention the robbing part." That had some interesting implications. That smile soon returns though. "Kirky looked enough of a fool to rob eh? That would explain how you ended up with him in the first place..."

14. - Top - End - #524
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    Gates-Applying For A Job

Well, since Fade is hat the front door and doesn't know the man he speaks up to him .

"Can I help you?"
    Darth Calamity nods a tad, pulling back the dark grey hood on his face to reveal his well-groomed white hair, steel vampiric teeth, and usual sour expression. As soon as he's spoken to, he smiles. Best to appear charming and pleasant. Well, yes. At least I hope you can! I'm looking for a job, actually.

15. - Top - End - #525

Gates-Applying For A Job

It's hard to see if Fade is effected by the charming appereance or not. It's allways hard to get any emotions out of him.

"Do you want to become a licensed member or afull NO member? If you don't know what that means read this."

Fade hand over a paper where you can see the difference. See First post for that.

16. - Top - End - #526
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    Gates-Applying For A Job

It's hard to see if Fade is effected by the charming appereance or not. It's allways hard to get any emotions out of him.

"Do you want to become a licensed member or afull NO member? If you don't know what that means read this."

Fade hand over a paper where you can see the difference. See First post for that.
    Trucido looks at the sheet for a bit before slightly nodding his head. Hmmm.... Yes. A full NO member. The license will get me nowhere, seeing as what I require are jobs, not little cards.

Thank you for your assistance.

17. - Top - End - #527

Gates-Applying For A Job

"In that case you need to talk to one of the Lieutenants or the boss. I'm sure one of them might be around somewhere."

Best if it's not Kirk due to his player not able to post right now.

18. - Top - End - #528

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    ((I know, I just was too tired yesterday to really post much at all.))

[Kirk's Room]

"Not any more than Kirk." Dena replies with a smirk.

Tina's backstory causes the drow's eyebrow to arc however. "He didn't mention the robbing part." That had some interesting implications. That smile soon returns though. "Kirky looked enough of a fool to rob eh? That would explain how you ended up with him in the first place..."
    ((Oh I'm not worried about it. I just bug people. Please do bug me if I forget somewhere.))

Tina giggles. She should've known. "Of course he didn't mention it. What part did he mention?" She wags a finger at Dena and grins cheekily. "I'll have you know I seduced him. No matter what he says. Probly the only time I'll ever get the drop on that man. He did find me and almost murder me right afterward though. Can't say it was a clean getaway."
    Last edited by Murkus; 2013-12-04 at 04:23 AM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

19. - Top - End - #529

[Kirk's Room]

Murder her eh? "I don't know if I'd consider seducing Kirky a feat, from what I have seen he'd shag anything with a pair of tits. But murder you? How much did you steal exactly? Or was it his pride you took with you?" The drow touches her lips with her index finder, mouthing an 'ops'. "Right, there was none."

20. - Top - End - #530

[Kirk's Room]

"Hey, give him some credit! He never banged Jezebel. Or at least, so he said. And she had some nice ones," Tina gives Dena a little wink and grins. "I like to think he doesn't lie to his friends. Um, as for what I stole... he had this fat wallet, a few knives, some magic stuff. I think he was just peeved I stole from him, mostly. The money meant squat."

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

21. - Top - End - #531

[Kirk's Room]

"That's since he's afraid of her you know. It's like asking a little boy to hug the monster hiding underneath his bed." Now that comparison is just plain unfair Dena. "If his monster had a huge pair of tits." She adds when Tina mentions Jezebel's "nice ones". Yes, that makes it so much better.

"But if you stole his knives I can see why, never touch a man's toys Tina. They get all overprotective about it." She shakes her head. "But perhaps there is a tiny bit of pride hiding in there after all." I'm not sure you would be his "girlfriend" if you didn't believe that Dena.

22. - Top - End - #532

[Kirk's Room]

Tina laughs. Dena is a very blunt sort of person, and she likes it. "Maybe just a tiny bit. Ah well. Y'know, you and I oughta go bar-hopping or something. I think we could have some fun," Tina suggests, smiling quietly. She's fully dressed by now, and stops only to put on her shoes.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

23. - Top - End - #533

[Kirk's Room]

"Bar-hopping eh? Now that would be fun. I haven't had proper company bar company for months. Of course, you have to promise to not seduce and rob me first." She replies with a smirk.

24. - Top - End - #534

[Kirk's Room]

"Alright. I promise I won't rob you. Druggie's honor," Tina says, holding her hand over her heart like a boy scout and trying to look solemn. She agrees to nothing about seduction though. "Oh, it'll be smooth. I've got a limo we could get around in. Real cozy. Great for extra company, too." She grins.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

25. - Top - End - #535

[Kirk's Room]

"A limo? And here you are robbing poor' old Kirky for cash. Or perhaps you've stolen that too?" The drow waggles her eyebrows.

26. - Top - End - #536

[Kirk's Room]

"Honey that was years ago! I've moved up in the world. You'll see," Tina winks at the drow. She thinks they're gonna be fast friends.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

27. - Top - End - #537

[Kirk's Room]

"So I will." Dena remarks with a small smile as she gets up from the bed and places the papers she had for Kirk on the other drows desk. "But let's not dwell around here. Kirk might come back." The drow smirks a bit again.

28. - Top - End - #538

[Kirk's Room]

"Right, wouldn't want that," Tina says, smirking right back at Dena before heading toward the door. "Where were you thinkin' first?"

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

29. - Top - End - #539

[Kirk's Room]

"Personally I enjoy being at the Den, trog's is a bit too wild for my taste and it's owned by a drow too so it feels a bit more like home." The home you ran away from Dena?

"What do you think?" She asks Tina in turn.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2013-12-05 at 05:13 PM.

30. - Top - End - #540

[Kirk's Room --> Out]

"Hey, I love em' both. Trogs was always my favorite, but the Den was always better for... y'know, substances. Lets go there," Tina agrees. Once they're outside, the two women will reach a hovering vehicle shaped like a wheel-less limo, melting the snow beneath it in a cloud of steam. Orange glowing lines cris-cross the ornately decorative frame, much like the circuit-boards etched onto Tina's irises. At the wheel sits a robotic driver, who turns his faceless head toward the two of them.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters