New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 21 of 50 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526272829303146 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #601
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] NO XV: All In One Package

[Beast Pens]

"I didn't want to spring it on you by surprise," Dipsnig just says, before stepping forward himself to wrap his arm around her, and kiss her.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

2. - Top - End - #602
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    "Try being less presumptuous, then," Dipsnig says dryly. "He doesn't look more likely to cause trouble than half of the guns and swords for hire I meet all the time."
    Dipsings Office

Fade looks at Dipsing. His look as emotionless as his voice.

"I just know his weapons are useles against my kind, that's all. HE doesn't look like it, but he was already close to do so."
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

3. - Top - End - #603
    Barbarian in the Playground

Inside Office:

Romeo Fire enters the Inside No Office. He mentioned going to get one of their waaay back, and by that I mean canon-wise a couple of hours. With a staff in one hand and a large canvas duster under the apprentice wizard strolls in. His eyes pass over the room, getting the lay of the front room.

Skyside Office:

A woman with cherry red hair and a glittering green dress enters the Skyside office of NO mercenaries. She walks with purpose, straight to whatever there is that would qualify as a front desk. She has the smile of someone playing a cruel prank. "Excuse me? I have a request I'd like to hire your mercenaries for."

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

4. - Top - End - #604
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    Dipsings Office

Fade looks at Dipsing. His look as emotionless as his voice.

"I just know his weapons are useles against my kind, that's all. HE doesn't look like it, but he was already close to do so."
    Dipsnig shakes his head.

"Your concerns are noted," he just says. He thinks Fade is being unreasonable, but doesn't feel like arguing.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

5. - Top - End - #605

Dipsings Office

Unreasonable may be thr wrong term. he may be presumptuous, but experience proved him right.

"Don't hesitate to call me if it happens." he says and if nothing else is up he leaves the office.

6. - Top - End - #606

Dipsnig loads another cartridge into the crossbow - this time with arrow-piercing bolts. He then takes careful aim and fires one of them at the spine of the rat-pede around its middle. He hopes that the bolt will punch through the metal graft and break the spine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    "Filthy degenerate!" Krait shouts at the beast, as its abdomen fruitlessly attempts to chew through his voulge. The faint supernatural flames that had been dancing around the polearm suddenly explode outwards, doubling in size in an effort to torch the disgusting vermin for daring to nibble on his most prized possession.

Krait himself doesn't stop there, however. He produces a short sword, holding it defensively as he scurries on top of some cages, to have a better position from which to monitor the beast and find an opportune moment to reclaim his primary weapon.
    Tunnels

Unfortunately, the thing is faster now that it's well aware of the imminent danger, and Dipsnig's shot goes wide of the spine he was aiming for, simply passing with a wet *shlurck* through the thing's guts as it whips itself up out of the way.

Krait's magical armament seems to be doing quite a bit through, as the mid-section of the beast very easily catches fire, greasy fur and fattened bellies bubbling and hissing as the individual rats don't even to bother shrieking before they begin to shrivel and die from lack of oxygen. This doesn't disable the beast, though it does let go of Krait's voulge and seem to slow down significantly from the damage that the burns bring to their vulnerable spinal nerves.

However, as Krait stands atop a tower of cages and Dipsnig perhaps takes aim again, the two might consider their situation from a new light as the remaining not-dead rat brains calculate the correct response rapidly.

And all of the still healthy bodies whip up the middle of the rat-chain into a flailing, burning loop of smouldering corpse and spin it around the room like a doubled over whip of fire, hurling molten fat, skin, and hair at everything around it in an arc, in an effort to save what it can of itself by hurling the fire as far away from itself as possible.

And thereby covering the room, and possibly its occupants, with dozens of tiny flames that may well soon begin to spread.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

7. - Top - End - #607
    Titan in the Playground

[Tunnels]

Dipsnig dives behind one of the tables to avoid the rain of fire. From there, he loads another cartridge into his crossbow. Once he's finished with that, he fires three bolts - one for the beginning, middle and ending of the rat-pede. Should they hit, they will explode into balls of goo, which will rapidly thicken and harden in contact with air. The aim is to immobilize the thing and stop its flailing.
    Last edited by Morty; 2013-12-14 at 10:33 AM.

8. - Top - End - #608
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by OrchestraHc View Post
    Inside Office:

Romeo Fire enters the Inside No Office. He mentioned going to get one of their waaay back, and by that I mean canon-wise a couple of hours. With a staff in one hand and a large canvas duster under the apprentice wizard strolls in. His eyes pass over the room, getting the lay of the front room.
    Inside Office

Krayger the minotaur is manning the desk today. Being the newest member means being saddled with grunt work sometimes. At least they didn't give him a dress code, so he's shirtless as usual for him out of combat. He waves a hand to the fellow as he comes in.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

9. - Top - End - #609

Quote Originally Posted by OrchestraHc View Post
    Skyside Office:

A woman with cherry red hair and a glittering green dress enters the Skyside office of NO mercenaries. She walks with purpose, straight to whatever there is that would qualify as a front desk. She has the smile of someone playing a cruel prank. "Excuse me? I have a request I'd like to hire your mercenaries for."
    Skyside Office:

"You've come to the right place. How can you help you?" A certain drow dressed in a simple white t-shirt and jeans ask as the woman enters.

10. - Top - End - #610

Tunnels

Krait ducks down behind a cage, cowering away from the flames. A lack of any ranged weapon keeps him from involving himself in the fight for now, as he tightens his grip on that short sword and waits for the flames on his polearm to die out. A gloved hand swats at a few flames that dance along the surface of his cape. The thing was designed to withstand temperatures far worse than this, but it wouldn't do to allow it to suffer another ugly scorch mark on its exterior if that can be avoided.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

11. - Top - End - #611

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    Inside Office

Krayger the minotaur is manning the desk today. Being the newest member means being saddled with grunt work sometimes. At least they didn't give him a dress code, so he's shirtless as usual for him out of combat. He waves a hand to the fellow as he comes in.
    Inside office:

"Ah hello," the young wizard says with a shallow bow. "I'm interested in a license and looking for work."

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Skyside Office:

"You've come to the right place. How can you help you?" A certain drow dressed in a simple white t-shirt and jeans ask as the woman enters.
    Skyside Office:

How unprofessionally dressed. Here she is glittering and such and here's this drow dressed for Casual Friday. "A pair of plant creatures have been causing trouble for significant investments I have in the warehouse district. According to my scientists they have some sort of nest. I want you to find them, shoo them off or kill them, and burn down their nest without any damage to the surrounding structure. Can you handle the task?"

My Characters

12. - Top - End - #612

Skyside Office:

NO should really get some kind of dress code.

"Sounds pretty standard. So what kind of contract do you want miss? A members only contract or a licensed contract?" Dena asks.

13. - Top - End - #613
    Ogre in the Playground

Inside Office

"Well, that's no problem. Here."
    Krayger reaches into a drawer and pulls out a few forms, which are pretty standard personal info for now.

14. - Top - End - #614
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    I'm planning on renting a jeep.
    Xenna thinks for a bit
    Say, you wouldn't happen to have access to tracking devices? We could drop one in the Slave pens, and then we'll know exactly where the slave pens are.
    [Kirk's Office]

"Maybe, but let's get to that in a minute. You're planning to get there in a vehicle without any guidance? I thought you didn't know where this place was located?" Kirk is confused. Either she made a mistake somewhere, or she's giving him contradictory information.

15. - Top - End - #615

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Kirk's Office]

"Maybe, but let's get to that in a minute. You're planning to get there in a vehicle without any guidance? I thought you didn't know where this place was located?" Kirk is confused. Either she made a mistake somewhere, or she's giving him contradictory information.
    From what I understood, they'll be leading us there. And yes, we're not following them if they try to confiscate any weapons.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

16. - Top - End - #616
    Ogre in the Playground

[Beast Pens]

"I didn't want to spring it on you by surprise," Dipsnig just says, before stepping forward himself to wrap his arm around her, and kiss her.
    [Beast Pens]

Rilla will wrap her arms around his shoulders as they kiss, though Dipsnig may be a bit put off by the fact that she tastes slightly of soot. Of course, he must have been expecting that.

"I'm fine with surprises, you know."
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

17. - Top - End - #617

Skyside Office:

NO should really get some kind of dress code.

"Sounds pretty standard. So what kind of contract do you want miss? A members only contract or a licensed contract?" Dena asks.
    Skyside Office:

"Licenses." The young and hopeful with something to prove. That works just fine. "And for payment," she says as she brings up metal briefcase. "Will four hundred gold coins suffice."

Inside Office

"Well, that's no problem. Here."
    Krayger reaches into a drawer and pulls out a few forms, which are pretty standard personal info for now.
    Inside Office:

Romeo gladly fills out the paperwork. Always happy to apply being able to read. "Are there any jobs available? I hoping to get one done as soon as possible."

My Characters

18. - Top - End - #618
    Titan in the Playground

[Beast Pens]

Dipsnig doesn't really mind the taste of soot. He smiles a little mischievously in response to Rilla.

"In that case, I won't tell you where we'll be going yet. We can go as soon as you want."

19. - Top - End - #619
    Ogre in the Playground

Inside Office

Krayger quickly flips through the papers and punches the info into his computer. He motions toward a little camera set up at the back of the room.
    "There's not much, but look at the boards and you might find something. Here, let's get a picture for your license."

20. - Top - End - #620

Skyside Office:

"That's up to those taking the contract miss, not me." Dena replies with a small smile. "But you should write up the details on the contract so they'll know." She hands over a form to the woman.

21. - Top - End - #621
    Ogre in the Playground

[Beast Pens]

Dipsnig doesn't really mind the taste of soot. He smiles a little mischievously in response to Rilla.

"In that case, I won't tell you where we'll be going yet. We can go as soon as you want."
    [Beast Pens]

Rilla grins, "Then we can go as soon as I wash up. Be back soon," she says, and turns to head out the door. Seems she's eager to get started.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

22. - Top - End - #622

Inside Office

A man in a business suit walks in. He looks extremely angry.
    He looks like the type to provide a job.
    Last edited by Arkhosia; 2013-12-15 at 12:56 AM.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

23. - Top - End - #623

Inside Office

Out of a shadow steps Fade. His normal emotionless appereace looks at the man befor his emotionless voice speaks up.

"How can I help you?"

24. - Top - End - #624
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    From what I understood, they'll be leading us there. And yes, we're not following them if they try to confiscate any weapons.
    [Kirk's Office]

Kirk considers for a moment. "I think I'd rather not expose myself to the slavers. A better idea might be if I give you the tracking device and I use it to follow you in." The drow suggests. "The element of surprise may come in handy if there's any issues with the slavers."
    Last edited by Gullara; 2013-12-15 at 09:27 AM.

25. - Top - End - #625

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Kirk's Office]

Kirk considers for a moment. "I think I'd rather not expose myself to the slavers. A better idea might be if I give you the tracking device and I use it to follow you in." The drow suggests. "The element of surprise may come in handy if there's any issues with the slavers."

Yes, let's do that.
    Any ideas on who we could also recruit?
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

26. - Top - End - #626
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Halae View Post
    [Beast Pens]

Rilla grins, "Then we can go as soon as I wash up. Be back soon," she says, and turns to head out the door. Seems she's eager to get started.
    "Meet me at the tunnel entrance, then," Dipsig says mysteriously as he leaves as well.

27. - Top - End - #627

Inside Office

Out of a shadow steps Fade. His normal emotionless appereace looks at the man befor his emotionless voice speaks up.

"How can I help you?"
    Someone stole my latest Dust shipment that arrived in Skyside! I wish for you to recover the shipment bring the thief to justice in any way that the mercenary wishes, though I'd prefer injury. Money is no object.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

28. - Top - End - #628

Inside Office

"I would like you to fill out the form. Then I will send it to a luitnant to do some final decission."

Form can be found in the OP

29. - Top - End - #629

Inside Office

"I would like you to fill out the form. Then I will send it to a luitnant to do some final decission."

Form can be found in the OP
    Alright sir.
    Job Description: Find the thief who stole a Dust shipment in Skyside and bring him/her to justice.
    Contract Type: NO Member Contract.
    Hired by: Eiryus schnee (Arkhosia).
    Target: The thief (Arkhosia).
    Payment: 10,000 Lien
    Notes:
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

30. - Top - End - #630

Inside Office

Krayger quickly flips through the papers and punches the info into his computer. He motions toward a little camera set up at the back of the room.
    "There's not much, but look at the boards and you might find something. Here, let's get a picture for your license."
    Inside:

"Alright," Romeo suggest, starting to tie back his long hair. No sense looking unpresentable. "Have you had much success with the NO license?" he asks casually as he follows.

Skyside Office:

"That's up to those taking the contract miss, not me." Dena replies with a small smile. "But you should write up the details on the contract so they'll know." She hands over a form to the woman.
    Skyside:

"That's fine," the woman says, filling out the contract form.

Spoiler: Motom's Contract
    Show
    Job Description: Kill or scare off plant monsters skulking around the Warehouse District of Skyside and burn their "nest." Avoid major damage to the surrounding area.
    Contract Type: NO Licensed Contract.
    Hired by: Motom (OrchestraHc).
    Target: "Plant Monsters" (OrchestraHc).
    Payment: (A reasonably large, but not outstanding amount of) Gold. 400 on the table for now.
    Notes: None.

My Characters