New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] NO XV:

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    "Hmm." Dipsnig taps his fang. "Still not bad, given what I've heard about that guy's fire. I think you might have what it takes to be an NO member. A probationary one at first, of course."
    Aric nods, smiling. Thank you, sir. Is there any paperwork I need to sign? A gauntlet I have to run?
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Zane and Aric by Recaiden. Aric Kat by Hatter.

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler: FFRP Newbie Links
    Show

2. - Top - End - #152
    Barbarian in the Playground

Tunnels Under NO

Okay, so apparently it's my turn in this? Alright then, my bad. Krait stops everything he's doing, and grips one of the jawbones dangling from his polearm. It starts to glow ominously with magical energy, a faint blue filling the air around our favorite kobold.

"Commander and her goblin are advised to step back. No questions, takes too long to explain magicks involved. All will be clear in moment."

He takes a step to one side, leaving a curious sort of translucent afterimage where he was previously standing. Both him and the afterimage begin stabbing away at the abomination with their pointy polearms, attempting to clear away space for a third, fourth, and maybe even a fifth magical Krait afterimage to join in the rat-monster mutilating fun.
    Last edited by Lord Magtok; 2013-10-05 at 01:28 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

3. - Top - End - #153
    Ogre in the Playground

Common Building- Recreation Area

"Nope, nope, and nope. Only files I've ever seen was the front desk. " he says, ignoring the awkward wink.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

4. - Top - End - #154
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Common Building - Recreation Area]

"That's okay, I won't hold it against you. Tell you what! Maybe the front desk knows, be a doll and go ask 'em for me, eh?"

"Flash is fast, Flash is cool. Francois c'est pas, flashe non due."

Seventh Doctor avatar by the too-nice-for-his-own-good Professor Gnoll!

5. - Top - End - #155
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by aric_kale View Post
    Aric nods, smiling. Thank you, sir. Is there any paperwork I need to sign? A gauntlet I have to run?
    "Not really. I'll add you to the list of members," Dipsnig says, pulling up his holographic database from his armband. "If you finish a job, drum us up a new one or do something else that helps us, you'll stop being a probationary member. You'll get access to the armoury and the treasury."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

6. - Top - End - #156

"Not really. I'll add you to the list of members," Dipsnig says, pulling up his holographic database from his armband. "If you finish a job, drum us up a new one or do something else that helps us, you'll stop being a probationary member. You'll get access to the armoury and the treasury."
    Sounds fair. Are there any jobs currently on the list? Or shall I be on my way?
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Show

7. - Top - End - #157
    Titan in the Playground

[Main Room]

"We're a bit dry on jobs right now," Dipsnig says. "You can always keep yourself busy looking after our licensed mercenaries and facilities."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Ogre in the Playground

Common Building- Recreation Area

"Sorry, kid, but I'm not risking my job for you, especially when the only consequences for you are getting tossed out of the building. Seriously, just hop out the window and you don't have any problems."
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

9. - Top - End - #159

[Main Room]

"We're a bit dry on jobs right now," Dipsnig says. "You can always keep yourself busy looking after our licensed mercenaries and facilities."
    Looking after? I'm not sure I understand.

I'm actually having difficulty interpreting exactly what you mean. There are multiple ways to read it, and a few make more sense than others.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Show

10. - Top - End - #160
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Street by Inside NO Office

Presumably Peacekeeper Gyps has found the jammer under the manhole cover by the time Harald arrives. He'll look for a way to turn it off, but if that doesn't work, he'll try to break it by smashing a rock against it. If that doesn't stop the jammer, then he'll give up for now.

Whether he gets the jammer shut down or not, he stands up and approaches Harald. "I take it these are your robots. I appreciate your desire to drum up new business at your competitor's expense, but I'm going to have to ask you to take your demonstrations to the end of the street. It's too disruptive otherwise." He points to an intersection about 50 metres down the road. Still close enough for people approaching NO to see the robots, but not immediately in their pathway.
    It has no obvious switch or hatch, and the rock barely scratches it.

"Units, you heard him. I want one of you at every entrance onto this road."

The robots march off. Harald walks over to the jammer and examines it closely. He pulls up a holoscreen with a CGI of a golden head on it, and says to it:

"Scan please."

A line of golden light runs from the head's eyes across the casing, then the Peacekeeper's hand.

"The only prints on it are the Peacekeeper's, I'm afraid, and they're fresh. No clues."
    Doctor Harald avatar by MethosH

Nexus

CHB
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #161
    Titan in the Playground

Looking after? I'm not sure I understand.

I'm actually having difficulty interpreting exactly what you mean. There are multiple ways to read it, and a few make more sense than others.
    "Make sure the mercenaries are behaving themselves and there's no trouble in our offices, pretty much," Dipsnig says. "Oh, and then there's our new security contract with Trog's and the Black Dragon's Den.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Ogre in the Playground

[Street by Inside NO Office]

"Right then. If you don't need anything else, Peacekeeper, I'm going to head back inside." And if there's no protest to that, Kirk tips his hat to Gyps and does just that.

13. - Top - End - #163

Valia looks at Lovejoy quizzically.
    Are you sure you're even allowed back here?
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

14. - Top - End - #164
    Troll in the Playground

Streets by Inside NO Office

"No, Sir. You can demonstrate there," he points to where he did before. "And there," Gyps points to another intersection in the other direction, which is a similar distance away. "It is not permitted to put public buildings under siege, however figuratively."

He looks at the problematic jammer, then over to the spasming Magbot, and decides to solve the immediate problem by carrying the jammer down the sidewalk until the Magbot is no longer within range. That's not a permanent solution, since now the people down the street are now having problems with their telephones. But probably most of those people aren't robots, and he figure out a permanent solution once he's got the Magbot operational.

Unless anyone prevents him doing any of this, he walks back from where he left the jammer and approaches the Magbot. "Mr Magbot? Are you back to normal?"
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

15. - Top - End - #165

"For the time being, officer. Are the limes alright?" The Magbot asks, hoping there hasn't been too much in the way of damages to its truck and shipment.
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson

16. - Top - End - #166

Streets Outside NO
    Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Street by Inside NO Office]

"Right then. If you don't need anything else, Peacekeeper, I'm going to head back inside." And if there's no protest to that, Kirk tips his hat to Gyps and does just that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post

"For the time being, officer. Are the limes alright?" The Magbot asks, hoping there hasn't been too much in the way of damages to its truck and shipment.
    A young drow running down the street with a look of joy on her face in leather armor and a crimson cloak comes flying around a corner, tripping over a lime if the shipment got spilled or something else of not and falling to the ground, possibly landing near Kirk.
    Ow...
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Streets Outside NO]

All the limes were picked up by Harald's robots and put back into the truck.

"If I may, I'd like to take a look at that jammer, Peacekeeper."

Nexus

CHB
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #168
    Troll in the Playground

Streets Near NO

"Mr Harald, I'm afraid the jammer is evidence in a motor vehicular accident investigation, so I must object,"
    Gyps says. "Mr Magbot, the limes have been recovered, but I'm not sure how much damage your truck has taken. I suspect the limes will need to be washed before going to market." Then he addresses the drow. "Ma'am, please slow to a walk. I don't want you to hurt yourself." She won't find Kirk, as he's already inside. But she might notice that Gyps has horrible breath that smells of rotted meat.
    Last edited by happyturtle; 2013-10-06 at 11:47 AM.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

19. - Top - End - #169
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Streets Outside NO]

"I ask only because I think I recognise it. It looks like a Mark I jammer, a model I scrapped decades ago because it was far too blunt and inefficient. I thought I'd recycled them all. If that is a Mark I, it means that there's a considerable breach in my security, and given some of the stuff I've got lying around..."

Nexus

CHB
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #170

Streets Near NO

"Mr Harald, I'm afraid the jammer is evidence in a motor vehicular accident investigation, so I must object,"
    Gyps says. "Mr Magbot, the limes have been recovered, but I'm not sure how much damage your truck has taken. I suspect the limes will need to be washed before going to market." Then he addresses the drow. "Ma'am, please slow to a walk. I don't want you to hurt yourself." She won't find Kirk, as he's already inside. But she might notice that Gyps has horrible breath that smells of rotted meat.
    Sorry sir! Won't happen again! Do you happen to know where GLoG is?
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

21. - Top - End - #171

Streets Near NO

"He's a worse liar than my employer was after six shots of whiskey and the undivided attention of three female bipeds of legal breeding age, officer." The Magbot comments, tending to its truck and shipment as it observes the proceedings.
    Last edited by Lord Magtok; 2013-10-06 at 12:22 PM.
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

22. - Top - End - #172
    Troll in the Playground

Streets Near NO

"Ma'am, go south three blocks, and east two, and you'll find a Riftline station that will take you to GLoG."
    Peacekeeper Gyps says. "Sir, if it's your design, please tell me how to disable it." The Magbot's snarky comment gets no reply, since Peacekeeper Gyps isn't the snarky type.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

23. - Top - End - #173

Streets Near NO

"Ma'am, go south three blocks, and east two, and you'll find a Riftline station that will take you to GLoG."
    Peacekeeper Gyps says. "Sir, if it's your design, please tell me how to disable it." The Magbot's snarky comment gets no reply, since Peacekeeper Gyps isn't the snarky type.
    Thank you sir!
    Xenna runs off
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

24. - Top - End - #174

[Main Room]

Fade heads out again, even thought he still got seriouse wounds.

"I go for the Den." he says before leaving and heading into that direction if not stoped.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

25. - Top - End - #175

"Make sure the mercenaries are behaving themselves and there's no trouble in our offices, pretty much," Dipsnig says. "Oh, and then there's our new security contract with Trog's and the Black Dragon's Den.
    Ah, he smiles, I understand. If you'd like, I can station myself at either the Tavern or the Inn. Or I can I stay here and keep an eye out on the more rambunctious license holders. Whatever you prefer, sir.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Show

26. - Top - End - #176
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Streets Outside NO]

"May I?"

Unless stopped, he'll take the jammer (after pulling on some rubber gloves to make sure no fingerprints get on it) and examine it closely.

"Let's see..."

He reaches into his left pocket, frowns, and, putting the jammer under his arm, grabs hold of the pocket and pulls it all the way up to his shoulder.

"There it is."

He pulls out a strange tool, which he presses a button on. The end glows gold and he slices the jammer open easily. A mess of circuitry spills out which he rapidly sorts through.

"This is the tracker... disabled, I notice, expertly done too... and here we have the power supply. Old model, a bit radioactive, so I'll get that out of here as fast as I can."

He pulls out a fist-sized orb that glows gently and tosses it behind him, where an arm extends from the bowels of his ship and catches it. The jammer is now disabled. He pockets the tracker.

"Anything else? I'd like to get back to my lab and see what I can get out of the tracker. It might still have some data on it."

Nexus

CHB
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #177
    Troll in the Playground

Outside NO

Quote Originally Posted by GrandDM View Post
    [Streets Outside NO]

"May I?"

Unless stopped...
    Actually, Peacekeeper Gyps will try to stop him before he gets beyond this point. "Please, Sir, don't tamper with the evidence. If you can tell me how to disable it, I'll do that myself. Otherwise, I'll need to call in help."
    Last edited by happyturtle; 2013-10-06 at 02:28 PM.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

28. - Top - End - #178
    Dwarf in the Playground

Outside NO
    Actually, Peacekeeper Gyps will try to stop him before he gets beyond this point. "Please, Sir, don't tamper with the evidence. If you can tell me how to disable it, I'll do that myself. Otherwise, I'll need to call in help."
    "Well, unless you have a cutter keyed to the atomic structure of this alloy - which you don't - it will take you a long time to get in. When you do, you'll activate the security measures unless you have the right signal broadcasting - which you don't - and even then the data will be useless unless you can break my encryption - which you can't - you don't have a chance. In short, I'm the only way you're getting into it."

Nexus

CHB
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #179
    Troll in the Playground

Outside NO

"If that's true, then you're the only one who could have planted it here. Is this a confession?" Gyps asks mildly.

((Please keep in mind that even if they decide Harald is guilty, he'll only get a warning and a fine at most. ))
    Last edited by happyturtle; 2013-10-06 at 03:54 PM.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

30. - Top - End - #180
    Titan in the Playground

Ah, he smiles, I understand. If you'd like, I can station myself at either the Tavern or the Inn. Or I can I stay here and keep an eye out on the more rambunctious license holders. Whatever you prefer, sir.
    "I'll leave it to your initiative. License holders don't have access to this base, though," Dipsnig clarifies.