New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [RWBY] Sanctum: RWBY in the Playground OOC 2 - Oh My God, You Really Exploded!

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkflight View Post
    Kitty looked up at the ceiling for a moment. "....You wanna look at it?" she finally asked.
    I probably don't need to say it, but I feel the need to point out how much of a gesture this is. When she says that, she's giving full carte blanche. The only other people she would give that is her dad and ... that's pretty much it. The rest of her family doesn't have the technical know-how, and she probably wouldn't even give it to professor Barlowe without supervision.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Spoiler: Characters
    Show

2. - Top - End - #62
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Re: [RWBY] Sanctum: RWBY in the Playground OOC 2 - Oh My God, You Really Exploded!

I probably don't need to say it, but I feel the need to point out how much of a gesture this is. When she says that, she's giving full carte blanche. The only other people she would give that is her dad and ... that's pretty much it. The rest of her family doesn't have the technical know-how, and she probably wouldn't even give it to professor Barlowe without supervision.
    ....Wow. I mean, I knew it was significant. I just didn't know it was that significant.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ogre in the Playground

"You wanna look at it...?"

Out of context.

Oh gods no.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AnimeKid View Post
    ....Wow. I mean, I knew it was significant. I just didn't know it was that significant.
    Oh, wait, and the head of the orphanage she was adopted from. Again, if she had the technical know-how.

So counting Alex and the rest of her teammates, that's ... 6, possibly 8 people she would trust with it if they had the technical know-how. Pared down to 2 or 3 due to lack of said technical know-how, aka, "You'll break it! :("

Maybe there's a teacher from Pharos Academy too, bringing it up +1, but I haven't quite fleshed out that part of her backstory yet. ^^;

Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
    "You wanna look at it...?"

Out of context.

Oh gods no.
    You said it, not me.

EDIT: @AnimeKid: Yeah, sorry for any miscommunication there. Briefcase form is basically just Crescent Rose's compact form with a different look and a locking mechanism. And it looks like a suitcase with warning stripes. Classy.
    Last edited by Hawkflight; 2013-09-25 at 11:46 PM.
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

5. - Top - End - #65
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Wow, I'm starting to think that Alexandra's role on the team is The Heart. Two members of Team Rack have had personal, moving scenes with her already.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ogre in the Playground

Wow, I'm starting to think that Alexandra's role on the team is The Heart. Two members of Team Rack have had personal, moving scenes with her already.
    Then I'm officially claiming Cael as the one that turns to the dark side with Aurum.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ettin in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

RACK has a lot of heart, although I will admit I think of Pyrrha when I think of Alexandra.

My characters, on the other hand, seem to specialize in screwing with everyone's heads - largely via off-hand remarks. Barlowe, it makes sense for. I would almost dare say it's intentional for him. Still it's an odd pattern.
    Spoiler: My inventory:
    Show

1 Sentient Sword
    1 Jammy Dodger (I was promised tea)
    1 Godwin Point.

Quote Originally Posted by Kairos Theodosian
    It appears someone will have to saddle my goat, for we now must ride out in glorious battle.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Calemyr View Post
    RACK has a lot of heart, although I will admit I think of Pyrrha when I think of Alexandra.

My characters, on the other hand, seem to specialize in screwing with everyone's heads - largely via off-hand remarks. Barlowe, it makes sense for. I would almost dare say it's intentional for him. Still it's an odd pattern.
    Really? I will admit I had Pyrrha's character model in mind when I described Alexandra's looks. Other than that though what about Alexandra reminds you of Pyrrha?

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ettin in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Really? I will admit I had Pyrrha's character model in mind when I described Alexandra's looks. Other than that though what about Alexandra reminds you of Pyrrha?
    The character simply reminds me of a very strong, very competent young woman who is an absolute sweetheart that doesn't quite feel right in her own skin.

I mean, seriously, Pyrrha has got looks, strength, skill, and wisdom, and all of them to spare, but she has about the self-esteem of a puppy. Of course, she's one of my two favorite characters - Pyrrha is my favorite as a character, but I just love watching Yang cut loose.
    Show

1 Sentient Sword
    1 Godwin Point.

It appears someone will have to saddle my goat, for we now must ride out in glorious battle.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ogre in the Playground

The character simply reminds me of a very strong, very competent young woman who is an absolute sweetheart that doesn't quite feel right in her own skin.

I mean, seriously, Pyrrha has got looks, strength, skill, and wisdom, and all of them to spare, but she has about the self-esteem of a puppy. Of course, she's one of my two favorite characters - Pyrrha is my favorite as a character, but I just love watching Yang cut loose.
    Hmm... Does Aurum remind you of anyone? In actuality, I based him off Draco Malfoy's and Hannibal Lector's love child.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ogre in the Playground

"I'm going with Alex! What? Everyone else went on a life changing field trip with Alex. Now it's my turn."

Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ogre in the Playground

"I'm going with Alex! What? Everyone else went on a life changing field trip with Alex. Now it's my turn."

Psh. Aurum's not going on any life trip with Alex. Or Kitty. Or anyone really...

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ettin in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Hmm... Does Aurum remind you of anyone? In actuality, I based him off Draco Malfoy's and Hannibal Lector's love child.
    Not a follower of Harry Potter, I'm afraid. If I were to equate him to someone in my experience, I would probably have to go with Luke Rattigan from Doctor Who: The Sontaran Stratagem. Luke is obscenely intelligent, but those brains have left him isolated and embittered enough that the idea of wiping out the human race and start anew on another planet with his students seemed like the ultimate victory.

The Doctor described him like this: "It’s not easy being clever, is it? You look at the world and you connect things. Random things, and think ‘Why can’t anyone else see it?’ The rest of the world is so slow… you’re on your own."

That's what I see of Aurum, a boy closed off from the outside world by his own intelligence, who has instead grown into himself and that has led to infection and rot.
    Show

1 Sentient Sword
    1 Godwin Point.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ogre in the Playground

Not a follower of Harry Potter, I'm afraid. If I were to equate him to someone in my experience, I would probably have to go with Luke Rattigan from Doctor Who: The Sontaran Stratagem. Luke is obscenely intelligent, but those brains have left him isolated and embittered enough that the idea of wiping out the human race and start anew on another planet with his students seemed like the ultimate victory.

The Doctor described him like this: "It’s not easy being clever, is it? You look at the world and you connect things. Random things, and think ‘Why can’t anyone else see it?’ The rest of the world is so slow… you’re on your own."

That's what I see of Aurum, a boy closed off from the outside world by his own intelligence, who has instead grown into himself and that has led to infection and rot.

And I think you just essentially described Aurum as easily as humanly possible. You get all the kudos.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ogre in the Playground

*reads the latest post*

I'll let AnimeKid take first post on this.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ogre in the Playground

*reads the latest post*

I'll let AnimeKid take first post on this.
    Your tears are all the pay I'll ever need...

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ogre in the Playground

Your tears are all the pay I'll ever need...
    I won't cry.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ogre in the Playground

I won't cry.
    Oh you will be. You will be.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh you will be. You will be.
    Nooo, pretty sure I won't.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

20. - Top - End - #80
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

so does Aurum just have being a d*ck down to an artform? Or would be an exact science considering his specialties?

21. - Top - End - #81
    Ogre in the Playground

so does Aurum just have being a d*ck down to an artform? Or would be an exact science considering his specialties?

It's an exact science. A healthy dosage of dabbling in psychology, with a sadistic spirit, and an acidic tongue leads to... lots of hurt people.

I'm a very special boy.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ogre in the Playground

A good villain knows when to appear nice.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

A good villain knows when to appear nice.
    Yeah I'm actually in the middle of editting my post sice Hawlk posted with Kitty. I'll fix that in a sec.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ogre in the Playground

Huh. I'm ... really not sure what to do with my next post.

On the one hand, I could have Alex's post be after Aurum's, but I fear that would ruin the point of Alex's post. On the other, if I go with Alex's post, then I don't get to have Kitty be shocked at Aurum being nice.

What to do....

EDIT: That works.
    Last edited by Hawkflight; 2013-09-26 at 02:31 AM.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

25. - Top - End - #85
    Ogre in the Playground

Edits will happen, then she can react to Aurum being nice, and Aurum's dating comments can sting a little more.

Cause he's a bastard.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Don't worry I fixed it. I don't want to rob you after all.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ogre in the Playground

Edits will happen, then she can react to Aurum being nice, and Aurum's dating comments can sting a little more.

Cause he's a bastard.
    Posted. Kitty's too shell-shocked to be disturbed about the dating thing now, that comes later.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ogre in the Playground

Posted. Kitty's too shell-shocked to be disturbed about the dating thing now, that comes later.
    Aurum has plenty of plans ahead that will make Kitty much more disturbed.

What better way to hurt someone who doesn't like you then by kissing their best friend?

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ogre in the Playground

Deadtiming now, please don't leave me in the dust.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

30. - Top - End - #90
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

And now I wait.