New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Ettin in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Default Re: [RWBY] Sanctum IC Two: Cool For School.

Upon seeing Barlowe, Kaden drops into a combat stance, her eyes drifting off to her stricken weapons. "What are you doing here?" She demanded, cautiously.

"This is my forge, wherever else would I be?"

"But that means you..."

"Yes."

"But you and I..."

"Indeed. I remember, I was there."

"So I got my ass kicked by a blacksmith?

"I prefer the term forgemaster, if it's all the same to you." Barlowe corrected, mildly.

Kaden stifled a scream of frustration and anguish. "Oh, this is just not fair!"
    Spoiler: My inventory:
    Show

1 Sentient Sword
    1 Jammy Dodger (I was promised tea)
    1 Godwin Point.

Quote Originally Posted by Kairos Theodosian
    It appears someone will have to saddle my goat, for we now must ride out in glorious battle.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkflight View Post
    Kitty walked into her dorm, spotting the others there as well. Seeing Cael, she took a deep breath and hopped up onto her bed. One might notice she seemed a little nervous.

"Hi girls," she said, dragging Heaven's Maw up with her. "Good as new. Better, even."
    Alexandra looks at Kitty and smiles as she says, "Hey Kitty! Glad Heavens Maw is good as new. Is something wrong? You look kinda nervous about something."

3. - Top - End - #123
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AnimeKid View Post
    Alexandra looks at Kitty and smiles as she says, "Hey Kitty! Glad Heavens Maw is good as new. Is something wrong? You look kinda nervous about something."
    "Oh, it's nothing," Kitty fibbed. "I guess I'm just nervous about the trials tomorrow. At least with the first one I had some idea what to expect."

((Remember, Kitty doesn't know about what Aurum said to Alex, or the conversation between Alex and Cael.))
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Spoiler: Characters
    Show

4. - Top - End - #124
    Titan in the Playground

She looked at the finished decorations. If anyone else was around, they'd probably wonder how she was able to get so much stuff in, like those poster of a Space Marine killing a Grim with a chainsword with the caption "Kill the Grim! For The Emperor!" or a TTGL poster, or a red blanket for her bed or an orange pillow, in addition to her red teddy space marine. The answer was that Kedra was strong and knew how to store things efficiently. Stupid mother and her carrying chores.

But now since she was finished…
    "I'm bored….and its getting late."
    Suddenly her stomach rumbled. oh right. dinner.
    She gone downstairs to the Dining Hall to find…..Rip and some new girl collapsed on the floor.
    "Oh hey, you guys ok? and hey Rip, I was looking for you earlier…"
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

5. - Top - End - #125
    Bugbear in the Playground

Caelynn looks at the time
    hey guys, it's supper time. I'm gonna go get food.

-----------
    Caelynn comes speeding in and trips over rip and Falcon, hitting her head on the floor.
    Im okay!
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

6. - Top - End - #126
    Titan in the Playground

Kedra facepa-

wait.

She still had power armor on. One had to be careful about facepalming in power armor, do it too hard and you might crack your skull.

She facepalms, softly.

With a sigh, she starts trying to help them all up...

7. - Top - End - #127
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post

-----------
    Caelynn comes speeding in and trips over rip and Falcon, hitting her head on the floor.
    Im okay!
    "Oh! Good idea!" Kitty follows, and attempts to pull Cael aside for a moment.
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

8. - Top - End - #128

Cael is pulled aside.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Alexandra shrugs and heads to the dinner hall, taking another protien bar. She passes Kitty and Cael as they move aside and sits down at one of the tables and chows down on a big plate of food.

((Any one who wants to interact with her feel free.))

10. - Top - End - #130
    Titan in the Playground

She sees Kitty pull Cael aside after she fell.

Ok then.

"Yo Rip, Kaden and I have agreed to form a team. Do you and Robin feel like joining ours as well? Assuming your not taken already…"

11. - Top - End - #131
    Ogre in the Playground

Cael is pulled aside.
    "....Hey, Cael," Kitty began nervously. "Um ... look. I ... I know you're ... going out with Aurum now, and ... well ... look. I'll be upfront with you, I don't like him. He's been mean to me, and to everyone else, and he ... kinda triggers some bad memories. But ... I ... if he really doesn't mean any harm, and he l-lo--- ... well, I won't interfere. I've ... I've come to think of you as a friend, and I wouldn't want to ... hurt you by doing anything ..."
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

12. - Top - End - #132

"....Hey, Cael," Kitty began nervously. "Um ... look. I ... I know you're ... going out with Aurum now, and ... well ... look. I'll be upfront with you, I don't like him. He's been mean to me, and to everyone else, and he ... kinda triggers some bad memories. But ... I ... if he really doesn't mean any harm, and he l-lo--- ... well, I won't interfere. I've ... I've come to think of you as a friend, and I wouldn't want to ... hurt you by doing anything ..."
    Caelynn grins mischievously.
    Oh, don't worry, I talked to Alex earlier. Lets just say im going to have a little talk with him soon.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

13. - Top - End - #133
    Ogre in the Playground

Caelynn grins mischievously.
    Oh, don't worry, I talked to Alex earlier. Lets just say im going to have a little talk with him soon.
    "....Huh?" Now Kitty was just confused. "What did she say?"
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

14. - Top - End - #134

"....Huh?" Now Kitty was just confused. "What did she say?"
    Why don't you go ask her?
    Cael says, gesturing towards Alex
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

15. - Top - End - #135
    Ogre in the Playground

Why don't you go ask her?
    Cael says, gesturing towards Alex
    "Um, okay." Kitty walked over to Alex.

"What did you say to her to make her change her mind about Aurum?" she asked.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

16. - Top - End - #136
    Ogre in the Playground

Aurum moves into his room clad in his armor. He begins to take the suit off, having Kalium assist in removing the heavy armor. He sits down on his bed and pulls a laptop over, checking his inbox, looking over blueprints, or reading various company reports. He's also feeling a little bit... Lonely, along with that gnawing guilt that had been burrowing away at his gut since the trials. He doesn't allow himself to think. He couldn't! Insecurities were weakness, and he did his best to hide his many insecurities and flaws under a steel exterior, topped with a tongue that dripped battery acid. He puts down the laptop an hour later, and realizes he's shaking, and feeling terrible. Dead... He knew the feeling well. Aurum sufferred from depression. He moves and grabs several pills and swallows with water. He then sits, rubbing his temples. He needed comfort.

He walks from the room and strides through the halls.

17. - Top - End - #137

(Going to sleep now)
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

18. - Top - End - #138
    Dwarf in the Playground

Dining Hall

Rokoran sits at the teacher's table, carefully stacking up a ridiculously thick sandwich.

((If you want to talk to him, chaos, go ahead.))
    Doctor Harald avatar by MethosH

Nexus

CHB
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #139
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

"Um, okay." Kitty walked over to Alex.

"What did you say to her to make her change her mind about Aurum?" she asked.
    Looking up at Kitty from where she was eating. She then starts explains everything that happened afrrr leaving the training ground. When done she is slightly out of breath, from how fast she was speaking.

20. - Top - End - #140
    Titan in the Playground

Kedra is of course listening to Alex as well, while munching on a chicken leg she got.

He response was thus:
    "Knew it.

….Not that I don't feel sorry for you or anything. I just find your story perfectly keeping within my expectations of him. At least Cael doesn't seem in the clutches of BBR Syndrome anymore..."

21. - Top - End - #141
    Ogre in the Playground

"....He said what?! Kitty said, shocked. Well perhaps she shouldn't have been shocked, but still. She gripped Heaven's Maw tightly, but then let go and grabbed her fork. She raised it up, and stabbed ... her bowl of liver and onions on noodles with garlic and a sweet sauce. Better than stabbing someone. She twirled her fork and took a big bite.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

22. - Top - End - #142
    Ettin in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Calemyr View Post
    "So I got my ass kicked by a blacksmith?

"I prefer the term forgemaster, if it's all the same to you." Barlowe corrected, mildly.

Kaden stifled a scream of frustration and anguish. "Oh, this is just not fair!"
    Barlowe's shoulders sag slightly. "What a hurtful thing to say. Put your hands down, Miss Zei. I am not here to fight you. The good doctor would be positively livid, and I simply cannot have that. My offer still stands, however, I'll supply the Dust you need if you show me why you need it."

"Fine, here. This piece here is called a Stormwall and..."

"Yes, yes. So my hunch about you was correct, Miss Zei. I would recognize one of Hurricane Rayne's designs anywhere."

"You knew my old teacher?" Kaden asked with surprise.

"You could say that. We attended Sanctum together in our youth. ...'knew'... Then she is dead." He said this with the certainty of a statement, but the hook of a question glinted within his tone.

"Yeah. A few years ago."

"Would you tell me how?"

"I suppose. We were visiting this smallish settlement called Silversheen. Something strange was happening there. Grimm were invading the town. That's not what they do, usually. Sure, they like to congregate around towns, but they usually prey on stragglers on the fringe, not the masses in the heart of a town."

"That is strange. Go on."

"Well, we split up to take care of things. I fought the Grimm in town, while she sought out the source of the disturbance. It wasn't an easy fight, there were a lot of them. Then suddenly they stopped coming, but my teacher didn't return. I went searching for her and found her body in the middle of what must have been a very fierce battle. I never figured out what happened beyond that."

"I see." Barlowe said after a while. "And that was about when you started your campaign to join an Academy. If Rayne had already taken you on as an apprentice, what did you need from us so desperately?"

"A Huntsman's license. It was easy when I was with my teacher, you see. If anyone asked, all she needed to say was 'She's with me' and everything was right again. After she died, however, I wasn't seen as an apprentice to a proper Huntress. I was seen as, how did that officer put it again... oh, yes: 'A slip of a girl with a suicidal obsession with fighting Grimm.' Did you know you can be arrested for fighting Grimm without a Huntsman's license?"

"I did."

"Well, it came as a hell of a surprise to me. I didn't want to stop being a Huntress, though. So I had to escape civilized land and try to make a living in the wilderness, where they don't arrest you for not having some stupid license. Given what grades I got when I actually attended school before, I didn't think any Academy would give me a chance. I kept trying, though, because that license would be my ticket back into civilization."

"So you didn't come to learn?"

"Well, no. I spent four years learning under Hurricane Rayne, after all. I then spent three years living on my own hiking through nowhere in particular, killing Grimm and sometimes making some money to put towards Academy application fees in the process. I thought I already knew what I needed to know to be a Huntress."

"And now?"

"I feel like a baby bird getting her first glimpse of the world from above the trees. From my nest I thought I knew what the world was like, but now I see there's so much more than that. I thought I was already a great Huntress, but now I see how much further I can yet go. I want that. I want that so bad."

"I see. Well, then allow me to collect some Dust for you, then. Blue, you said? Some green and purple might be useful as well. Those glyphs look quite simplistic. Let us see what we can achieve."

And with that the labor began anew. They worked well into the early morning, until Kaden fell asleep over her newly remade weapons. Barlowe pulled out a cot for her. Students pulling all-nighters in the forge was hardly a new occurrence. Then he returned to his office, left a message for the good doctor regarding Kaden's situation, slid into his couch, and went to sleep himself. As he drifted off, only one thought clanged in his mind like funeral bell.

Tomorrow is going to be an interesting day. I'm just afraid it's going to be worse than the Trial it is making up for.
    Last edited by Calemyr; 2013-09-29 at 08:18 AM.
    Spoiler: My inventory:
    Show

1 Sentient Sword
    1 Jammy Dodger (I was promised tea)
    1 Godwin Point.

Quote Originally Posted by Kairos Theodosian
    It appears someone will have to saddle my goat, for we now must ride out in glorious battle.

23. - Top - End - #143

Caelynn sits down next to Alex with a bowl of white rice and Kung Pao chicken.
    I plan on eventually letting Thunder have a little talk with him.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

24. - Top - End - #144
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

[NEAR THE DINING HALL]
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    She looked at the finished decorations. If anyone else was around, they'd probably wonder how she was able to get so much stuff in, like those poster of a Space Marine killing a Grim with a chainsword with the caption "Kill the Grim! For The Emperor!" or a TTGL poster, or a red blanket for her bed or an orange pillow, in addition to her red teddy space marine. The answer was that Kedra was strong and knew how to store things efficiently. Stupid mother and her carrying chores.

But now since she was finished…
    "I'm bored….and its getting late."
    Suddenly her stomach rumbled. oh right. dinner.
    She gone downstairs to the Dining Hall to find…..Rip and some new girl collapsed on the floor.
    "Oh hey, you guys ok? and hey Rip, I was looking for you earlier…"
    Rip's shame is redoubled as Kedra approaches and expresses her own concern for their well-being. He turns to face her and begins to reply, "Just a minor accident...I'll be fine, but I'm more worri-"

-----------
    Im okay!
    His sentence is cut off as Cael barrels down the corridor and tumbles over him while his back is turned. His face reddens and his ears burn at the chaos sown by his carelessness; it is plain to see that he blames himself for this mess. "Good gravy...! I'm sorry, Cael, are you OK?" His worry is only partly assuaged as Kitty helps her friend stand and retreat from the growing pile of hapless initiates.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    She sees Kitty pull Cael aside after she fell.

Ok then.

"Yo Rip, Kaden and I have agreed to form a team. Do you and Robin feel like joining ours as well? Assuming your not taken already…"
    Once the black-haired girl (the one with whom he initially collided) is back on her feet and her wellness ensured, Rip will turn his attention back to Kedra and address her question about forming teams. "Uh...Well, I'm not sure how teams are going to be formed, and I haven't seen Robin since this morning, but...if we have any say in the matter, and if you've got need for a marksman, I wouldn't have any objections to joining up with you two. Maybe we could discuss this over dinner, though...You know, so we're not blocking the hallway any more than we have already..."
    Last edited by ImpSyndrome; 2013-09-29 at 10:59 AM.

25. - Top - End - #145

I'm fine Rip, thanks!
    Caelynn says. After Rip is helped up, she tries to lift up Falcon, and point her to Rorokan.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

26. - Top - End - #146
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Caelynn sits down next to Alex with a bowl of white rice and Kung Pao chicken.
    I plan on eventually letting Thunder have a little talk with him.
    Alexandra comes up from inhalling her Pacific Rim salad to put a comforting hand on Cael's shoulders. "You and me both Cael. However we need to have at lest one of the teachers know about him just in case. Aurum and his company do have a lot of power."

27. - Top - End - #147

Hmm... Rorokan or Barlowe, maybe?
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

28. - Top - End - #148
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

"Those were my thoughts exactly. Dealing with Aurum is going to be difficult. But I swear on my life and honor that I won't let anything happen to you guys. I WILL protect you guys."

29. - Top - End - #149

...Time to get the blush-o-meter out.
    Thanks Alex. You're the best friend I've ever had.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

30. - Top - End - #150
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hmm... Rorokan or Barlowe, maybe?
    ((I'm happy with Rokoran [please will someone get it right ] to be the teacher involved in that.))
    Doctor Harald avatar by MethosH

Nexus

CHB
    Spoiler
    Show