New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Default Re: So you want to play a god (3.5, Base Class, PEACH)

Any ideas for Darkness and Shadow domains?

2. - Top - End - #32
    Titan in the Playground

Added some Domains and Wrath feats since last time I stated it. Feel free to request more Transcendancies, and any suggestions for the warlock invocation transcendancy is welcome (or comments on Hell Lord ACF in general).

Quote Originally Posted by gorfnab View Post
    Any ideas for Darkness and Shadow domains?
    Added.
    Peanut Half-Dragon Necromancer by Kurien.

Current Projects:

Group: The Harrowing Halloween Harvest of Horror Part 2

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

Old: My homebrew (updated 9/9)

3. - Top - End - #33
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Nice class.

One question. Do the Daily spell-like abilities on the table are for each domain separately or as a total? Meaning 20th level character has 2 9th level spell per day, or 10(5 domainsx2).

Also in a campaign with sorcerers, warblades, and spellshapers (DonQuixote Spellshaping rules), would he outshine the others or be in the same level?

Has anyone tried the class?

4. - Top - End - #34
    Titan in the Playground

To answer your question: 10. Most domains do not have good spells of half their levels so most of them will not be that useful.

This moves in to the next question. They should be no more powerful than a sorcerer assuming similar levels of optimization. They probably have a higher optimization floor (if a sorcerer just selects blasting spells and you pick domains for say HP healing you have a better chassis similar to cleric compared to wizard) but a lower optimization ceiling (you can't go mailman, you can't go Wings of Cover/Flurry, you are much more limited in your spell selection as you get sets of 9 spells which tend to be thematically linked and are often mechanically redundant). Unless built to obsolete a warblade you should not be obsoleting the warblade (though one might should not allow the Martial God feat in a game with a warblade), and I am unfamiliar with Spellshapers at all so can't say anything on that front.

As for has it been played, if anyone has I'd love to hear about it. I have 3 people intending to play them (in a high level gestalt) but through a combination of midterms, one of them being sick enough they couldn't go to class for a week, followed by finals starting this next week the start of the game has been delayed.

Current Projects:

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Titan in the Playground

So decided to make a theurge class for this and another homebrew class I've made, and maybe some more on request, so without further ado:

MYTHBORN

An incarnation is a demigod, a being on their way to godhood. A Tall Tale is a hero whose feats become legend, rivaling those of the gods themselves. A Mythborn is both at once, a tall tale on their way to godhood, a demigod whose feats can surpass the gods.

ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
    Exaggerated Skills: Three or more Exaggerated Skills
    Special: Lesser Godly Mind

Class Skills
    The Mythborn's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Bluff (Cha), Climb (Str), Concentration (Con), Craft (Int), Diplomacy (Cha), Gather Information (Cha), Heal (Wis), Intimidate (Cha), Jump (Str), Knowledge (Arcana) (Int), Knowledge (Religion) (Int), Knowledge (the Planes) (Int), Listen (Wis), Perform (Cha), Profession (Wis), Ride (Dex), Search (Int), Sense Motive (Wis), Speak Language (n/a), Spot (Wis), Swim (Str), and Use Magic Device (Cha) as well as any granted by your Incarnation domains.
    Skills Points at Each Level: 2 + int

Hit Dice: d8

Level Base Attack Bonus Fort Save Ref Save Will Save Special
    1st
    +0
    +2
    +2
    +2
    Continued Exaggerated Skills, Incarnation Powers
    2nd
    +1
    +3
    +3
    +3
    Perfection Irreducible
    3rd
    +2
    +3
    +3
    +3
    Godly Body (+2 Con), Godly Skill Focus
    4th
    +3
    +4
    +4
    +4
    Protected Essence, Fast Movement +10-ft
    5th
    +3
    +4
    +4
    +4
    Divine Flesh, Skill Mastery
    6th
    +4
    +5
    +5
    +5
    Divine Stunt
    7th
    +5
    +5
    +5
    +5
    Godly Skill Focus, Godly Body (+2 Str or Dex)
    8th
    +6
    +6
    +6
    +6
    Bestow Blessing, Fast Movement +20-ft
    9th
    +6
    +6
    +6
    +6
    Skill Mastery
    10th
    +7
    +7
    +7
    +7
    Domain Transcendancy, Storied Skill

Weapon Proficiencies: A Mythborn gains no new armor or weapon proficiencies.

Continued Exaggerated Skills: A Mythborn continues to gain new Exaggerated Spells as if they were advancing in Tall Tale, and add their Mythborn level to their Tall Tale level to determine how many skill ranks they gain with a new Exaggerated Skill, when they gain access to higher tiers of Exaggerated Skills, and their Tall Tale levels for the purposes of Exaggerated Skills.

Incarnation Abilities: A Mythborn adds their Mythborn level to their Incarnation level to determine the following: Deific Wrath, spell-like abilities, access to Domains, and access to Domain Transcendancies. So an Incarnation 8/Tall Tale3/Mythborn 9 would have 5 domains, access to 9th level SLAs 1/day each, and 2 domain transcendancies (an Incarnation 7/Tall Tale 3/Mythborn 10 would have a 3rd Domain Transcendancy due to the Mythborn 10th level ability).

Perfection Irreducible (Ex): The form of a myth is hard to reduce, and is not as easily crippled as most mortal bodies. Beginning at 2nd level a Mythborn is immune to ability damage and ability drain, except when it comes as a cost of activating an ability that they willingly activate.

In addition a Mythborn does not age, gaining neither benefits nor penalties and never dies of old age unless they choose to allow it.

Godly Body (Ex): A Mythborn has the body of a burgeoning god, growing in strength and vitality as their deific power swells. At 3rd level they gain a permanent +2 bonus to Constitution, and again at 7th level they gain a permanent +2 bonus to either Strength or Dexterity.

Godly Skill Focus (Ex): A Mythborn is a hero surpassing heroes, their skill in their specialized areas are beyond human limits. At 3rd level a mythborn selects one skill, they add their Charisma modifier as a miscellaneous bonus to that skill. At 7th level a mythborn may select an additional skill to receive this benefit. This counts as Skill Focus in that skill for the purposes of fulfilling prerequisites.

Protected Essence (Ex): The life force of a god is hard to extinguish, almost impossible. Beginning at 4th level a Mythborn is immune to energy drain, negative levels, and death effects.

Fast Movement (Ex): An Mythborn moves with the speed of a god. Beginning at 4th level their base land speed increases by 10-ft and it increases by another 10-ft at 8th level.

Divine Flesh (Su): A mythborn is a being of legend, hard for mundane foes to harm and warded by their divine nature. Beginning at 5th level a mythborn gains a deflection bonus equal to their Charisma modifier to a maximum of their class level and Damage Reduction bypassed by magic equal to their class level.

Skill Mastery (Ex): A Mythborn is a master of their skills. At 5th level a Priest of Tales selects 1 skill they have as an Exaggerated Skill, they may take 10 on that skill even if distracted and/or threatened. At 9th level a Mythborn selects another skill they have as an Exaggerated Skill to gain these benefits.

Divine Stunt (Su): A Mythborn can reach mythic heights, going beyond the beyond. Beginning at 6th level, 3 times per day a Mythborn can add their character level to one skill check they make with an Exaggerated Skill.

Bestow Blessing (Deific): A Mythborn is capable of bestowing their divine blessing upon a creature. As a full round action they may bless one creature that worships them or that they have line of sight and line of effect to. This blessing allows a Mythborn to transfer one of their Exaggerated Skills to another creature, granting them ranks in that skill to bring their ranks up to their character level +3, as well as granting them all Exaggerated Skill abilities you have in that Skill. While a creature is blessed this way you lose all access to the Exaggerated Skill abilities associated with that Skill (it is still an Exaggerated Skill you have). This blessing lasts until the Mythborn spends a standard action to end the effect (or dies) and has no maximum range. You may use Bestow Blessing up to your Charisma modifier times per day, but may only have one use active at a time.

Domain Transcendancy (Deific): A Mythborn is a being of myth and legend, and at their pinnacle they stand as one with their portfolio. At 10th level a Mythborn gains a Domain Transcendancy for 1 domain they have access to as an Incarnation.

Storied Skill (Ex/sometimes other): Despite their personal power a Mythborn’s skills and feats are the things of mythic proportions not just their divine power. At 10th level a Mythborn gains a Storied Exaggerated Skill in a skill they have the Greater Exaggerated Skill in.
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2014-05-08 at 05:30 PM.

Current Projects:

6. - Top - End - #36
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

(Hope I'm not breaking the two week thread necro limit). I really enjoy this class, good work. Question though, since this is technically a homebrew class would you consider a transcendence for a homebrew domain? It's not mine but it fits perfectly with a level 30 bbeg I created (supposed to be of mimic to the archdukes of hell, as they don't exist in my setting). It's a fear domain: http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Fear_(3.5e_Cleric_Domain)

7. - Top - End - #37
    Titan in the Playground

Added. Not sure if it's the sweet spot but it gets around the greatest weakness of fear effects (they're mind-affecting and therefore blocked by Int -, many types, and Mind Blank), and a little something else.

Current Projects:

8. - Top - End - #38
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Thumbs up Re: So you want to play a god (3.5, Base Class, PEACH)

Sweet indeed. Thumbs up.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Titan in the Playground

Added

Self-Gestalt rules for Incarnation because you wanted to be a god so much I put some godliness in your god to create super god!

...ok I really just made a spontaneous cleric variant that used a Spirit Shaman like spells retrieved system and Charisma based casting to get non-MAD Incarnation Cleric with more of a god feel in that you cast spontaneously while hopefully maintaining Tier 1 with Domains, Turn Undead, and changeable spells known... why didn't I give it, it's own thread as a simple Favored Soul fix

Edit:
    And finally "finished" Invocation using Hell Lord variant adding Hellish Regalia such as Fear Aura that can leave inconsequential creatures (5 or less HD at 18th level) panicked for 24 hours, teleport yourself around at-will, or open gates to Hell, or just get worshiped by evil on sight.
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2015-04-12 at 09:36 PM.

Current Projects:

10. - Top - End - #40
    Titan in the Playground

Added:

Several new domain transcendencies, new (mostly Wrath) feats, clarification on how Item Creation feats granted by domain transcendencies function (or more augmentation), rules for Planar Domains (only 4 out of 8 with domain transcendencies), a growing hatred of the fact that I named them domain transcendencies instead of ascendancies.

Current Projects: