New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Around the Planes in 80 Days

From what Caer can tell, the arcane sigils are glyphs of warding. They are set to produce sonic damage, they will trigger when approached from the other side of the grate, they can be temporarily disarmed through the use of a proper wardstone, if they are set off or disarmed through any other way, it will trigger an alarm spell.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Bugbear in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Raith slowly moves to K29 preparing a death attack on crewmember in J28. If once around the corner, the only person in sight is that crewmember, he uses the death attack.

Attack roll (1d20+6)[26] vs flatfooted (crit on 18-20)
    Dmg rapier (1d6+1)[7]
    Sneak attack dmg (4d6)[11]

Fort save DC against death attack (party members dont look :P)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by The Big Orc; 2014-01-20 at 10:13 PM.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

"Looks like we can't safely get past this glyph without a wardstone. I'd guess that some of the guards probably have one on them."

Spoiler
    Show
    If I have Arcane Sight active how reasonible is it that I could spend an action to determine if a given guard has a wardstone on them or not? Additionally would I be able to tell if a given wardstone works with this glyph?

4. - Top - End - #244
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Landing on the deck of the Voidbreaker out of breath, Caer dismisses his invisibility spell and looked around for Tern. Where was he? Looking around intently he eventually finds Tern. "Tern! Ermina and Raith are still aboard the enemy ship but hopefully they will return soon. The mission was not nearly as successful as we hoped, however I did manage to gain a good amount information. I'd like to share it with everyone aboard - I know we're pressed on time, I'll be brief."

Spoiler
    Show
    On the assumption that Tern agrees I'll tell everyone. Otherwise Caer will just say the information twice - once to Tern and once to the PCs

"I know everyone is pressed for time so I'll be brief. I've discovered two things - one, that the low ranking members of the Order appear to believe that our ship is a slaver ship. Secondly it appears as though their beliefs make reasoning with them difficult. Their leader, Mentis, strongly discourages free thinking, which might make him a good target. If we could somehow prove that this ship isn't a slaver ship, we might be able to convince them to withdraw their assault, but I'm skeptical. They would probably find another reason to continue their attack. Those are the main issues that I can think of -" well, except the indication there might be a traitor among his allies "- though I can clarify any quick questions"

Spoiler
    Show
    DMs - do I have the correct spelling of Mentis?
    Last edited by Daphoa; 2014-01-26 at 01:02 AM.

5. - Top - End - #245
    Barbarian in the Playground

Turning from his work in helping to prep the weapon mounts Xanian asks, "So in what way was this mission unsuccessful? One would presume it has something to do with Raith and Ermina not returning with you to the ship?"

6. - Top - End - #246
    Ogre in the Playground

None of the crew members seem particularly disturbed by hearing of Raith's absence, although there a few whispered words of concern about the Pixie.

Tern shares Caer's information with the entire crew. He gets very annoyed at Caer"What of their numbers? Soldiery? Tactics? Weapons? Weak points on their ship? Do you have any useful information that we can use? I couldn't give a damn about why they are attacking us. Zealots always find their own excuse for their actions. The Voidbringer deals in weapon supplies. Some may accuse it of being a bloody trade, but its not on the same level of slavery.

Mibaax can tell that Caer is leaving out some very important details about what happened on the ship.

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    You have about five minutes of in game time until the Hand of Judgement is in range of firing their weapons

its time for you all to have a group sherlock holmes Mind Palace scene, or think back to the beginning of the live session that resolved the City of Doors plot arc

Raith

OOC: Mind link is still active

After about five minutes of waiting, trapped in the hold, the door to the chamber creaks open. The light from the hallway is dim, but Raith can make out the tall, strong figure of Mordecai standing in the doorway. He stands, still and alone, then slowly walks into the room, turning on a searing bright white light, streaming straight into Raith’s face and nearly blinds him at first. After a few moments his eyes adjust so he can see a little. “I am about to lead some good people into battle, and many of them will not return to their homes. I have no time nor patience for word games. Tell me what you know of the slaver Tern and his crew, and I will like you upon you favorably when deciding your fate.”

Raith hears a voice in his head, the slow sarcastic voice of the devil the party freed from its imprisonment on the ship I would honor our deal now, but I would be afraid of accidentally injuring you when the engine is destroyed. Once the three of you can safely leave the ship, I will happily fulfill my side of the bargain. I am if nothing else, a being of my word
    Last edited by Rofltrollcopter; 2014-01-26 at 01:59 PM.

7. - Top - End - #247

BarbarianGuy

"No. Here is the deal. You let me join you in the assault against the Voidbreaker and promise to free me upon arrival at the first port you arrive at, and no freeing me into the laws custody, and I will tell you everything I know. For free, I will tell you that if Tern and his crew are slavers, I have seen no evidence of if."

To the devil,
    "And this is why Pixies do not get to make the bargains. I am working on it."

To Miibaax: "Once Ermina Caer and myself are off of this damned ship the engines will be destroyed."

8. - Top - End - #248
    Ogre in the Playground

Raith

The devil laughs “she made the pact and freed me, therefore the pact is done on her terms. Of course, you could try to make your own pact with me now if you wished. What exactly is your life worth to you mortal?”

Mordecai is quite irritated “Servant of the Nine Hells, you are not in a position to dictate terms to me. Do you honestly expect me to do something so foolish as to free you during the battle and let you put a knife in my back? Your denial of Tern and his crimes prove your base nature. As for your second condition, that is more acceptable. I will release you as you stated, provided your information is accurate and useful”

Sense Motive: Mordecai seems sincere
    Last edited by Rofltrollcopter; 2014-01-26 at 02:08 PM.

9. - Top - End - #249

BarbarianGuy

"I'm not saying that Tern is not a slaver, I am saying that the only evidence I have been granted is that you say he is. I will not be held here. If you will not provide me with a way to aid you in the fight, you will release me to watch it. I don't care if I have a guard, I will be permitted to be above deck without shackles."

If Mordecai agrees to those terms (or pretty much any other terms that get Raith above deck unshackled for the fight), Raith will tell him everything he knows about the crew of the Voidbreaker and the others in his party. He will also inform Mordecai about the new weapons (catapults and acid bombs, etc) and their capabilities. Lastly, Raith will go over the research he found in Rodiv's room without saying that it was someone else's research, just saying that he had observed these traits in Tern. "I would not be surprised if he were some kind of construct." Lastly, he will give as good a description of the ships layout as he can, and if he can secure the promise that before the ship is destroyed (if it is to be destroyed), that he will be allowed to return to it to retrieve the belongings that he had left aboard, he will also draw the layout of the ship (also assuming that he is let go to draw the layout of the ship). Raith will also mention the trap in Terns room, and what little he understands of the ships method of propulsion.

"If at all possible, I would prefer if Reylin, one of the winged beings, survived the onslaught that will ensue. He is a good man and saved my life in a city where anyone else would have laughed and walked past."

To the Devil "What did you have in mind? If my negotiations go poorly I may take you up on the offer."

10. - Top - End - #250
    Ogre in the Playground

Mordecai's face shows all the emotion of stone as he reponds "We are the chosen instruments of Divine Judgement. We do not barter. Pray to the Gods for mercy assassin, for I shall grant you none." He turns and prepares to walk out of the room.

Raith considers that if he revealed the amount of information that he would be willing to reveal, it would be likely be enough to make the coming battle completely onesided, regardless of whether or not the devil destroyed the ship's engines. If the Order knew that all they had to do was kill Ventus and Tern, things would go quite poorly.

The Devil roars inside Raith's head "HAHAHAHAHAHA THIS IS SO DAMN FUNNY oh i'm sorry, but the irony of this whole situation, with the two ships and all, its just too much for me take. You Mortals are all so stupid. Nah but seriously, indulge me a little bit. I was there when your kind first crawled out of the mud that the gods spawned you in. There are mortal rulers across the planes that would fight each other for the mere privilege of being able to see their souls to us. What could you have to offer that would possibly interest me?"

Ermina

Ermina hears a familiar mocking voice inside of her head. The Legions of Hell would like to personally thank you for your assistance pixie. Seeing as you will not live out this day, is there any next of kin or other loved ones that we may pass it onto instead?
    Last edited by Rofltrollcopter; 2014-01-27 at 08:25 PM.

11. - Top - End - #251

BarbarianGuy

To the devil "I don't know, but you were the one who asked what my life was worth. Perhaps influence with the guild is what you seek, perhaps someone dead. Maybe something more. I'm asking what you want."

Just as Mordecai is about to walk out the door Raith shouts, "Only two people can control the Voidbreakers engines. You heard my terms, and that is all the information you will need to take the ship. Not that I wont give you more."
    Last edited by The Big Orc; 2014-01-27 at 08:52 PM.

12. - Top - End - #252
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ermina turns visible once she's near the Voidbreaker. Out of breath from her manoeuvring, she'll address Tern. "We must get Raith off the ship. Not only was he willing to barter information for his own freedom, the ship will not be stopped until he's left it."

To the devil - "Though your thanks is misguided, my actions were not. That was not justice, but torture." Ermina has conflicted feelings about dealing with the Devil, but this was not a matter of trust, merely politics. He was bound by their agreement, and there was little she could do about it now anyway.

13. - Top - End - #253

In an aggravated and somewhat sarcastic tone, Xanian again inquires, "Brilliant, the rat was caught, not that any of us did not see that coming. Please inform us, my little diminutive friend, how exactly will extracting Raith halt a vessel of THAT magnitude? Everyone here seems to enjoy playing their politics, with their quiet whispers and mysteries hidden behind grand facades. Well let me make it crystal clear, hoarding your precious secrets might mean the difference between your very survival, or the Voidbreaker getting blown into a fiery inferno." His eyes narrowing and his voice dropping to a much quieter malevolent intonation, the dark knight addresses the party members specifically as he finishes, "When all is said and done, if we should fail in this venture because one of YOU failed in your duties, do not expect me to drag your sorry decrepit corpses back through the gates of Sigil." With that said, Xanian armors up and begins to mount Kagé in preparation for the battle. He cannot help but feel the ominous winds churning through the void.

14. - Top - End - #254
    Ogre in the Playground

Raith

Mordecai stops and turns around "Very Well, start talking now"

Voidbreaker

Stopped, why and how? Tern seems to believe that Caer and Ermina are hiding something, and is clearly losing his patience "Start talking now!"

Ermina hears Tern's voice whispering into his head "If you value the lives of the people onboard this ship, you will return what was stolen from me."
    Last edited by Rofltrollcopter; 2014-01-28 at 10:07 PM.

15. - Top - End - #255

BarbarianGuy

"Tern and Rodiv. The engines are a telekinetic drive that only some are able to use. They have a Pixie who will be invisible and seems to have several types of special arrows, sleep, mind wipe, etc. A diviner, several warriors, two flyers and a gryphon," Raith will calmly, but quickly rattle off a quick list of the basic combat capabilities of everyone on the ship, "And Tern. Tern doesn't seem human to me. He is very rigid in his movements, like he was built to only move in a specific way. We have seen him stare into nothingness for hours on end, not doing anything. If you want rumors about his combat prowess, I could go on and on about the drivel I have heard for hours. But it seems like the battle will soon begin so," Raith lists the combat capabilities of Tern that he himself has seen. "Now, how about letting me watch that fight?"

Spoiler
    Show
    bluff for the lie at the start (don't think there are other lies)
    Bluff (1d20+11)[26]

Edit: oh and he will provide a brief description of Tern and Rodiv
    Last edited by The Big Orc; 2014-01-29 at 12:11 AM.

16. - Top - End - #256
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

"Tactical information? Well, fine. They have an elevator to bring seige weapons from the workshop downstairs to the deck. I've been in the quarters and it looks like the only weapons they have are those visible on the deck. What I'm guessing is the engine room is in the rear of the ship behind the seige workshop. There are roughly 10 - 15 lower level casters, Mordecai, their leader, is has higher level divine magic and there appears to be a very powerful arcane caster somewhere aboard the ship though I heard no mention nor sight or it. I do worry about this arcane caster. It is quite powerful indeed."

17. - Top - End - #257
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ermina straightens up a bit from where she hovers. "While on board the ship, I discovered a torture chamber, the likes of which I've never seen before. There was a captured victim willing to make a deal for his release. I'm not proud so say he's a devil, but it is relevant that he is bound by his word. To ensure he didn't pull a fast one on us, I told him he must stop the ship once the three of us got off of the ship safely."

To Tern she'll cast message and say "Borrowed, Not stolen. Stealing is illegal, I merely removed it from your presence as a segway to a conversation we need to have. I'll return it to you if you swear that once this battle is over, we can sit down and chat." If he swears, she'll hand over the stone.

18. - Top - End - #258

Xanian Pegason sits quietly in the saddle as he briefly mulls over the fairy making a deal with a devil... Then he facepalms himself. >.>
    Spoiler
    Show
    I already knew about this "deal", but some things don't need to be said OOC XD

19. - Top - End - #259
    Halfling in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

The voices dance within Kaigen's head as the discussion continues. They are here. He tries to ignore them and focus on making plans with others. They are coming. At first it is easy to do but as the minutes had passed it became more difficult. They bring fire and blessed death. He covers his ears and puts his head down to try to stop the sounds. They come But the voices continue unabated They will burn the ship of tears They increase in their pounding tone inside his head. HELP US He has to do something; Something to get the voices to stop. SAVE US But how can he help them? Where are they? There was only one place he could think of... FREE US Then suddenly the voices screamed out and his mind felt like it was stabbed with a knife. WE. WANT. OUT.

AAAAGH... Clutching his head, Kaigen collapses to one knee. Breathing heavily, he slowly speaks.We have to let them go...

Not looking up at the incredulous looks he is given by the others around him he begins to explain in an uncharacteristically angry tone. Below the deck there is a third level sealed off from the rest of the ship. I believe that there are prisoners there. Not bodies but souls. He stares directly at Tern. You said that all we have are weapon supplies. Is it possible that these souls you have hidden are the real weapons? If I'm completely off the mark then I'd appreciate you telling us why you have a compartment of your ship secretly sectioned off and encased in lead.
    Last edited by Kamiidude; 2014-01-29 at 10:30 PM.

20. - Top - End - #260
    Ogre in the Playground

Voidbreaker

For a moment, the rest of the crew stands stunned as Kaigen levels his accusation. Ventus shares an uneasy look with Kaigen. Tern’s face is impassive, “I have no idea what you are talking about. There is no secret compartment on this ship. I am hiding nothing. Your suspicions are nothing but speculation, and it seems that no one else shares your doubts about my sincerity. Regardless, this is hardly the time to stir up mutiny. You will need my assistance now. If you wish to challenge me, boy, then you will face these zealots without me. You have no other choices left” Tern then lifts up his head, and walks over to the side of the ship facing the oncoming vessel. His posture is strong and straight, reflecting ultimate confidence. It is time for all of you to make your decision”

MEANWHILE

As for your request, if your information is useful I will permit you above deck without shackles, but with a guard of course. Raith then begins to explain all he knows about Voidbreaker and the crew. Mordecai listens in silence, nodding occasionally.

Your information, if accurate, will be quite useful in the assault. Therefore, I will honor your request to watch the battle. After the dust settles today, anyone left alive will be taken captive. If your winged friend is among them, then he will survive a little longer in all likelihood. The battle will begin shortly, and you will be escorted above deck. With that Mordecai leaves the room.

A few moments afterwards a few sohei, a shugenja and Aemaria enter the room. One of the sohei spits in Raith’s face, and gives him a strong punch to the gut. “Murderous swine!” Amaria steps forward, pushing the sohei aside. “Maintain composure, soldier.” Then turning to Raith, “You shackles will be removed once you reach the deck. One wrong move and no one onboard will hesitate to end your miserable life.” She then releases the overhead chain, and detaches the ankle shackles from the ground. Now, Raith’s arms and legs a simply latched to one another, no longer attached to the ceiling and ground. With Aemaria leading the way, a sohei with a hand on Raith’s shoulders and arms, with the other shugenja taking up the rear, the group moves above deck.

Once on deck, Raith is escorted to the helm, where a cage attached near to the front of the deck is waiting for him. He is unceremoniously shoved inside, and the door is locked by Amaria. She then tosses in a key to Raith. “This will release you from your shackles as requested. In the future, perhaps you should make your deals with more specific wording. Considering your callous regard for life, It is quite fitting that you now serve us in defence of our wounded. ” She smirks a little, and leaves Raith guarded by two sohei and a Shugenja. Raith recognises the Shugenja as the one he failed to kill on the ship, and he glares at Raith. She calls out to them “If he causes trouble, turn him into his own pyre”

After Raith ends up in the cage, the devils speaks in his head again. “So how’d that go for you? Still ready to negotiate? Tell you what, surprise me, I’m curious to see what you can think of to offer, and no, I am not interested in your services. From where I am standing, your life is not a sound long term investment. Take your time, I can wait for things to ‘heat up’, and I am sure your friends are just chomping at the bit for a chance to rescue you”

Mordecai moves to have a hushed conversation with Aemaria and the man with spiked armor from earlier whom is identified as Ashvor. Raith can make out what they are saying
    “So it is settled” Ashvor calmly says “One squad will remain behind to defend the engines. Mordecai shall handle Tern, and afterwards his unit will disable their engines. Aemaria’s unit of shugenja will handle all high priority targets, of particular note is the old psion, the diviner, the illusionist and the pixie. I will marshal the majority of our forces to control the pace of the battle on the deck. They possess more powerful weaponry then ours, so it is essential that we close the gap between our vessels as swiftly as possible. We must prepare contingency plans in case our minds become taken over by the enemy, or they deploy sufficient invisible forces. If there is one thing you can count on Sigilians to do, its always to attack you from an unexpected angle”
    Last edited by Rofltrollcopter; 2014-01-30 at 06:57 PM.

21. - Top - End - #261

BarbarianGuy

To the devil, "The guild. Malkanaeus seeks to command them and ally with the Baatezu in the Blood War. I serve Malkanaeus. Ferocious Barbazu, mortals may not seem like the strongest of allies but I am sure that all allies are welcome in the war for the Cosmos. And you are right. In my current position I cannot aid you in your fight. But free, I am a killer. And I can kill those who would oppose you. I may not be able to take on the most powerful of Tanar'ri, but mortals that serve them would be of no issue. What is a King when a blade carves out his heart? What is the greatest warrior when his lungs fill with poison? Nothing. But the ever vigilant killer is a shadow. Those who would seek to harm his allies will never consider killing him because they do not know who he is. They cannot find him and they do not know of him until they have joined the Pit Fiends in Baator. Right now I am worthless, but as the Five Omens discovered, when I am free, I am powerful. I offer you my future influence in the guild, my blades and everything else that I am to you if you would free me and honor your deal with the Pixie. If you happen to destroy this ship without harming myself or yourself that wouldn't be unappreciated. What do you have to lose?"

Smiling as widely as he can with malice in his eyes, he will say "Oops" to the Shugenja.

To the party: I tell them where I am and everything that that Ashvor has said. Nothing about talking to the devil.

22. - Top - End - #262

"Ultimately, I believe my companions and I will defer all judgement calls to you Tern, as we are but the hired help and you are the captain. However, as you are the captain I know you have a responsibility to your crew, and by extension, my fellow party members. Thus, if any of us should fall today because of some untold secret that you have locked away from us, the blood will be on your hands. I will not lie, I do not particularly like any of you, but if we are to emerge from the fires victorious, we need to work as one unit. If your strength should fail in the coming chaos, weep and gnash your teeth for you will have failed your fellow comrades. We are on an open field of battle now, not some secluded back alleyway in Sigil. There is no room for politics here, only kill and be killed. So for the time being, set aside your petty squabbles and prepare to be bathed in the blood of our enemies!" Xanian unsheathes his weapon as he finishes, while Kagé spreads out his wings in a fearsome cry, preparing for takeoff.

Spoiler
    Show
    Xanian's version of an inspirational speech is telling you not to be a screw-up :P
    OOC music b/c I like TSFH http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1_XIKAYCzI
    Also are we keeping some kind of mindlink or mental communication during the battle?

23. - Top - End - #263
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Tern holding captives? Caer didn't really believe it. "Listen. I'm not a fan of our chances for surrender, but I like the odds over fighting. I don't believe for a second Tern would hold prisoners on this ship. Let them board, prove to them there's no one on board, and they'll hopefully leave us on our way. Honestly I think it's our best bet."

24. - Top - End - #264
    Ogre in the Playground

With a resounding crunch, the dragon head attached to the Hand of Judgement latches onto the deck of the Voidbreaker. After a moment of stunned silence, the gates on the bunker attached to the deck of the enemy ship swings open. Mordecai stands resplendent in gleaming plate mail, ranks of sohei formed up behind him. Their fanaticism has been focused and purified by their recent losses and the sight of their comrades dying. There is no pity, remorse or doubt left in their eyes, nothing but an all consuming flame.

Mordecai gazes at the defenders of the Voidbringer, and his voice has the certainity and finality of a guillotine blade as he speaks. You have aided and abetted in the murder of members of the Order, colluded in the escape of a Fiend from the Nine Hells, and conspired to sell mortal lives to a fate worse then death. You belong to the Order of the Consuming Flame for us to persecute as we see fit. You have no rights, no voice, and no recourse. All that remains to be decided is how you will perish. he narrows his eyes and draws a sword from his side, a great katana that bursts into flame.

My armor is contempt, my shield is disgust, and my sword is hatred.IN THE NAME OF THE ORDER, LET NONE STAND
    Last edited by Rofltrollcopter; 2014-02-02 at 01:00 AM.

25. - Top - End - #265

BarbarianGuy

Assuming that the mind link is still open... "I'd recommend surrendering and explaining that you didn't know how evil Tern is. And giving them something. Worked for me. I hope. Or get me out so I can kill them. I dont really like these goody two shoes. At least you guys will break rules." This he says to party members, not Voidbreaker crew.

26. - Top - End - #266

Like a blade, Xanian's voice cuts through the air, "What is contempt, coming from overzealous, filthy hypocrites? Disgust? When one fails to see the plank in their own eye? And hatred? Just another overused excuse to justify a meaningless holy war that does not even exist. You say you are armed with such emotions, but they wilt against bright steel and strength of arms. I grow weary of you over-religious sacks of flesh thinking your higher-than-thou mindset immediately gives you claim over whatever god-forsaken soil lies under the nine hells! Your order holds no sway over the grand conjurations of this realm. You are just a spark fanned into a brief wavering flame that I will stamp out with the heel of my boot. If you so find yourself worthy, bring your offerings of blood and battle to my feet, you will find I relinquish no ground. Otherwise... Please kindly remove your bodies OFF THIS SHIP. With that, Kagé and Xanian ascend into the air in a battle ready stance.

Through the mindlink, Xanian relays to the rest of the party, "While you idiots are bumbling around the hull of the ship. We have more pressing matters at hand. These Order fools are beyond reasoning, and any attempts to diplomatically resolve our situation will most likely be met with your swift deaths. And to hell with surrendering Raith. A lot of good that did you, like a caged canary. We need to find alternatives NOW, as it is unlikely that we can hold off these zealots for an indefinite amount of time."

Spoiler
    Show
    Get busy living or get busy dying people! I feel like we just ran out of time... Also, while I do agree a full on battle is ill advised, so is the notion of surrender. Remember my original paladin character? The guy who will smite evil regardless of the consequences? Yeah, imagine every single guy on that ship is an over reactive paladin looking to smash the first evil thing they see... I'll post my battle position shortly...
    Last edited by NightAngel16; 2014-02-02 at 01:45 AM.

27. - Top - End - #267
    Orc in the Playground

Still inside Raith's room attempting to find the little girl in the crystal Miibaax listens to his party members as they give suggestions at which point he decides that he would indeed rather speak with this Mordecai fellow than engage in him in combat.
    Telepathically communicating with Mordecai he attempts to settle things down and explain that it is generally easier to get answers from some one when their head is still attached to their sholders. So, clearing his throat he communicates telepathically with Mordecai, "Welcome aboard. Let me begin by introducing myself. My name is Miibaax Soar. My partner Reylin and I are merchants based in Sigil of the most delectable red herb. The reason we have found ourselves on captain Tern's ship is to investigate and clarify some undesirable rumors that have reached our ears concerning the captain. You seem to know more about the situation that either of us, although we are currently making headway on some rather interesting discoveries, so I would greatly prefer it if you would put answers into my head, instead of a piece of iron. And I would of course be willing to answer some of your questions, assuming you have some, though you do seem rather confident in your actions.
    Secondly not all of those on this ship belong to Tern or his crew, and even some of his crew have been pleasant traveling companions, which I would be happy to have remain alive. I and ,I suspect, many others, were unaware of the slaves aboard this ship until a few moments ago. So, I suggest an alternate to removing this ship from existence capture the ship and its occupants and gain answers about Tern, the accusations I have heard against him, and the rumors. Then you may make a more just decision on how to proceed regarding Tern, the crew, some adventurers, and a pair of investigator turned merchants, for this ship does not act as a single unit, but rather as a party mix, with some bitter and some sweet goodies.
    So will you be a just man and determine the truth and give every one a fair hearing, or will you cut down the innocent and guilty alike?

Spoiler
    Show
    Diplomacy roll: (1d20+26)[35]

28. - Top - End - #268
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ermina will send a silent prayer to Ehlonna for guidance, swear to the soul gems that she'll return and help free them, then fly above deck. She'll first assess and see if the elemental locators are anywhere to be seen. If so, she'll head back below deck away from the riff raff.
    Else, she'll let loose a memory arrow at the closest foot soldier that doesn't look like the casters she's encountered thus far.

29. - Top - End - #269
    Ogre in the Playground

Mordecai responds to Mibaax's mental prompting "So you are the Psion... If what you say is true, then you will instruct you and your friends to stand down and cease assisting Tern. Then when the dust has settled, I will determine the extent of your involvement. Whom among this lot is your business partner?"

30. - Top - End - #270
    Ogre in the Playground

OOC Music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdp_g-RYjQI

Aemaria steps forward beside Mordecai in response to Xanian's face, her face perfectly calm. ".....Hypocrites? You call us Hypocrites?" She stares straight into Xanian's eyes. "What twisted worldview can possibly make you into the injured party? No one has forced you into this situation. You sent assassins aboard our ship. You freed a literal incarnation of pure evil. You had the gall to attempt to negotiate while you were raining death upon us. Now you claim to be wronged when we simply repay you in kind?

Those people your weapons just slaughtered gave up their lives for the sake of strangers they've never met. When they left Arcadia, they knew that there were was a chance they would never see their loved ones again. Do you know why they did it? They cared about other people. They knew that some causes were worth fighting for. They are the most selfless men and woman I have had the honor to fight alongside.

A look of tranquil fury erupts across her face.

I will not stand by and listen to you despoil their names any longer. So I think I'll start... by burning out your tongue"
    Last edited by Rofltrollcopter; 2014-02-05 at 11:34 PM.