New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 33 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Re: The Ultimate Conflict II

Rushing forward and delivering the meanest most vicious uppercut on this side of the cosmos, Lord Wero knocks the Korshim knock-off clear into the stratosphere before it can attempt even the most basic of self-defense. Watching the mechanical dragon fly off, your final observation is that this knock-off was actually pretty well-made. Almost a perfect replica.

As the mechanical dragon flies off, however, Lord Wero is left alone with his thoughts... all on his own in the middle of the blood-bathed streets... the streets that were somehow wide enough to accommodate his prodigious size... in a city that must have been built entirely in the past five minutes... by human commoners who had somehow known this planet would soon exist... and who somehow had the resources to build something that had never been seen outside of...

Something was clearly wrong. The carnage still surrounding you was spilled over small sights that seemed far too familiar. A wishing well, currently coated on one side with blood, rested in the middle of the nearest square. Not even twenty feet away, a familiar bakery had its roof torn off and its contents obliterated.

Something else was wrong, though, even if it seemed a bit difficult to place. Could it have been the lingering humans and elves? There had been a few hundred, certainly, but there suddenly seemed to be a whole lot more. Lowly peasants... watching... whispering... crying... fleeing. Could it have been the proud town wall that you had somehow ignored in your rage, with each ballista mounted upon it forged with a likeness of your own face?

Maybe it was the fact that you were missing a spell. A single wayward spell had somehow been cast without your conscious level or consent. You were down a single 9th level spell, and you had no clue how you had used it.
    I'm try not to be too vain but this was too perfect not to sig.
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Fury View Post
    okay RoC, that is enough! the gitp boards can only take so much awsome, you might actually hurt somebody with this one!
    At long last, I have an extended signature

2. - Top - End - #362
    Titan in the Playground

The aasimar cannot imagine why there would be an imitation of Celestica, but doing nothing will do nothing to solve this mystery. "Let me give you a hand." Rahja takes other-Celestica's hand and pulls her out of the box, if the opening is wide enough. If not, she takes her hand regardless to let her know someone is there. And also to see if she recognizes her by voice and touch. At the same time, she tries to see if this second Celestica is, somehow, the true Celestica as well (via her soulbond), however that might be possible.

3. - Top - End - #363
    Titan in the Playground

Celestica will help otherCelestica out of the box as well, wondering if this is yet another trick of the fey, or something else.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

4. - Top - End - #364
    Firbolg in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Nasiri gives a low, amused chuckle to the gnome as she hears his unsurprising surprise. "I know; first time I saw that place I couldn't believe it either. But yes, people do live there. I mean it could be worse; I could've been sent to serve some archfield or demon lord. Dear Keltahkonkmet I'd be boiled to nothingness had that been the case." To see that other people seem to share her opinions on Kulomen is pleasant, if nothing else. It means that she doesn't come off as the only sane person in this world. The fact that the dwarves have become cannibals to Kulomen's neighbors is an interesting viewpoint to her mind; eating in a wasteland usually does require to eat what you are given. "Eventually you do learn to live with the place without becoming like its inhabitants. The Azers can bring down a metropolis as fast as they can build one, but are pretty passive. The frost giants are brutal, shaman-like raiders but have been able of cooperating before." Nasiri leaves out the mention that the giants had to be beaten down before they would even be on decent terms with Sargti. "The goliaths are the closest thing you get to civilized in Kulomen. And the dwarves, cannibalistic, nationalistic brutes that they are can be tolerable provided you aren't anything undead or demonic. As for the undead and everything else that lives there, that's what a big stick and foul words are for... But yes, Kulomen is a terrible place to live in." She keeps smiling, relaxed in this wonderful town rather than the chaotic mess of Kulomen. "Hopefully I haven't inspired anyone here to venture there, yes?"

Back in Sargti, Usabhar was prepared to do whatever he can to get his kingdom back on his feet, staying within the traditions that have kept his kind so mighty. Olog had done enough with this epidemic, though had he got more time Sargti would be in an even graver predicament. The kingdom is a world of despair for any other lowly mortal who may venture in here. One as weathered as Usabhar however is well-adjusted for such conditions. He had wanted thee dwarves to be capable on their own feet, without the dire need of their paragon. Things however are not going to be like that. Usabhar knows his command is required, so he devotes all his effort to repairing the damages for the sake of his kind.

It is good then to have allies in this region. If Sargti is to get back standing tall then the azer and the giants can both help to do so. Usabhar first plans out how to fortify defenses when it is effectively at half strength. If defenses inside Sargti could spread the disease then the defenses outside can be improved instead. The Azer can help to build walls outside of the kingdom while reinforcing the iron walls of the mountain itself. Due to how unorganized the azer are, Usabhar knows he will have to coordinate them during this task.

The giants on the other hand should not work on defenses with the azers. Their immigrant circumstance means that, so long as they aren't struggling on food, they'd likely have a greater deal of knowledge in various aspects. The frost giants would probably suggest simply killing the diseased, an option Usabhar would never agree to. Instead their shamans may suggest an alternative after that, something that wouldn't require killing those considered "weak." The fire giants may have something in mind as well. Worst comes to worst, the shamans could try curing the dwarves themselves should they be willing to risk contracting the disease themselves. The more healed sooner, the more the dwarves can work on their own again. If it is also possible, Usabhar looks to check whether the disease can be removed from one by transferring it to another being. If possible perhaps the disease can be transferred to undead or any otherwise disease-immune beings. It may at least open up another option for curing. Finally, Usabhar prepares items for the eventual trade with the goliaths; should these people of the earth have items that may help cure, ease, or assist with the diseased, then the trade will be more important than ever.

Morale on the other hand would be quite limited to find. As the sole ruling authority, it has been Usabhar who speaks what he can to keep everyone's spirits lifted. He stays as hard-willed as he can be, inspiring his kind through words. Honest as he does be, the paragon never makes promises but always assures he and his kind will continue to defy the threats and rise past them; yet he is also ever reminding his kind of the limits of mortality, the necessity of working for future generations, and the inevitability of death despite the absolute, greatest importance to never stop defying the inevitable. Perhaps this inspiration of cynicism and inevitability is both grim and senseless, but Usabhar has never believed it to be the case. Life is brutal, easily unfair, and senselessly grim in Kulomen, but improving the land by those of its kind will not only make life better for later years, but show how incredible and determined these people are.

So as a list for what is to be done: The azer will be to help fortify Sargti's mountainous walls and build outer walls for further protections; the giants and goliaths are to be met to see if they have anything to help heal or ease the diseased, sooner the better; and morale is to be kept up by Usabhar, though finding anything else that can help the dwarves from being overburdened with sorrow, like through drinking or luxury, might also help. With all this planned, Usabhar first goes to examine who is capable of sending an invitation to assist towards the azer and giants; Usabhar himself can go if he must, and likely may need to for the azer, but does not want to risk leaving his kingdom for too long.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Wow this took way too long. Hopefully my next post isn't gonna be one massive wall of words.

5. - Top - End - #365
    Colossus in the Playground

Planet of Awesome:

Strange. The clockwork dragon, originally looking like a poor patchwork reconstruction suddenly started to match the designs of Korshim. Odd. Could it be he had not noticed it before...? Even the Boiler Man's attackers were made of black adamantium, resembling the horrors of ancient Hypt more than anything made by the Prince. Certainly not golden brass. From the corners of his perception however, the town begins to take shape, an eerily familiar shape. The High Lord increasingly becomes horrified at the sight.

When lost in his rage, did he slaughter his own people with his own hands?!

His breath caught in his throat, the disturbed dragon begins to act purely on instinct, his own fear driving him to take to the air and flee from the scene of the crime.
    Dark Souls Remake in a Nutshell
    Don't mess with a Primarch

Sometimes I make avatars too. Shoot me a PM if interested.

6. - Top - End - #366
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Wero: For the moment, we shall leave the high lord to run and brood like the big lug that he is. Good brooding and angst takes time, after all.

Faerie: "Woah," speaks the other Celestica as you attempt to lift her out, "I'm kind of stuck here. I just wanted to say hello, maybe invite you over here. You helped make this world, after all, so it only seems fair." Looking down, it is clear that another Celestica is holding up an identical box, seemingly standing in the middle of a crystal-clear pool.

Sargti: Sending out messenger after messenger, Usabhar gets all of the news that he requires that evening. The Azers will gladly send out five dozen of their finest workers in the following morning. While concerned that they will draw attention to themselves and that they aren't the finest warriors, it is likely that at least most of them will make it. Likewise, the giants are willing to send both guards and a couple of shamans, though getting the shamans up to the quarantined levels may be difficult with their size. Finally, the goliaths have agreed to send a few of their healers, along with all of their relevant curative goods that they had stored for the upcoming trading (though it is implied that they expect repayment for the latter). A good night of ale and music to drown out the moans of pain from above, combined with the news of all to occur, seems to have stabilized morale.

At last, Usabhar is left in the empty halls, some of which he had carved into place with his own two hands. Aside from the night guard that patrol the outer perimeter, not a single dwarf can be seen or heard. This is the Sargti that will be left long after the final dwarf has left or perished. A fortress of austere necessity, perhaps with the remnants of weaponry and armor. Enough to say that dwarves once roamed these halls, perhaps, but far from enough the say anything about them. The walls and ceiling were plain and unadorned, as uniform and unchanging as the traditions of old. Aside from the occasional draconic symbology or flourish of silver, it would seem that the dwarves had lived for generations without leaving even the smallest of marks. Of course, the dwarves would be there forever, a constant living reminder of the old ways that would always...

Something was dragging along the floor. The sound was soft, audible only in the complete absence of other noise. One hallway down, something was being dragged towards the sleeping chambers on your current floor.

Nerenheim: "Not me," the gnome remarks, giving a hearty laugh, "but we've got our crazy folk, same as any other town, so I might as well spread the word that we've new neighbors to trade with. Back on track, however, what precisely was it that brought you to this town if you didn't even know it exists?"

Emanacal: "We found symbols. New ones, carved into the ground. They're nothing that the royal librarian knows off of the top of her head, no offense you your Niece, so we're seeking out anyone who might know anything. Not giving just anyone the full story, of course, but this could be the first big clue."
    Last edited by Realms of Chaos; 2014-04-24 at 11:22 AM.
    okay RoC, that is enough! the gitp boards can only take so much awsome, you might actually hurt somebody with this one!

7. - Top - End - #367
    Titan in the Playground

If there isnt enough room for you to come through to our side, how can we go through to yours? And are you me, with all of my memories, or did you just sort of come into being when we made this new world? Is there a Rahja over there?
    The implications of this are unsettling to Celestica, and just a little bothersome. Having to defeat enemies twice if they had been duplicated would be a pain.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

8. - Top - End - #368
    Titan in the Playground

Rahja smiles at the other Celestica, as she seems like a likeable lass. After Celestica asked her questions, she also adds her own. "Do you know if that world on your side is a different one compared to the one we are on right now?"

9. - Top - End - #369

She's smart. Give her a few hours and she could probably find the rune. Anyways, is there a diagram or sketch I could look at? Do I need to meet the scouts, and if so, where are they?

10. - Top - End - #370
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Emanacal: "The scouts are being thoroughly debriefed as we speak in the local garrison. As for a diagram, you should find one within the scroll."

Faerie: "As for where I am... it's complicated. You're technically on the new world and have been since we arrived... before the planet was made... but you're also in Faerie, on what's basically a speck of dust floating through the cosmos. At the same time, the new world is actually pretty close to you, up on the dias with all of those deities right where you first made it. At the same time, however, this planet exists in the material plane, full-size. Faerie makes about as much sense as that philosophy contest business but I'm on the material plane, on what I think is the most official planet."

"Regarding who I am, I think it's like a mirror of opposition... except less homicidal. Passing through the box is... I don't know if it's possible. Sounds like something the fey would do, right? All that I know is that I can't leave this pool."

11. - Top - End - #371

Zurkar unfurls the scroll and examines the rune.

Spoiler: Knowledge Cocktail
    Show

Arcana
    (1d20+42)[50]
    Religion
    (1d20+42)[44]
    Planes
    (1d20+42)[58]

12. - Top - End - #372
    Titan in the Playground

Rahja's expression makes a turn towards dismay, glancing at the fey for a moment. This other Celestica might be a copy of the original, which brings up several questions more, but hearing that she is confined to that one pool... She cannot help but imagine her soulmate being trapped in a little cell with invisible walls, the freedom that is part of her with every breath she takes stolen from her. "The fey might think differently, but to me, this just seems pointless and cruel." For all the beauty the fey can create and possess, the aasimar is liking the Faerie less and less. Let the Fey do what they do, but Rahja does not belong in this world, she just feels entirely alien here, even with her soulmate present.

13. - Top - End - #373

SwashbucklerGuy

Usabhar, finally having a moment of quiet in his kingdom, thinks of how far this kingdom has come since its early days. The details and items spaced around the area describes this progress enough. Everything the kingdom has fostered and believed in helped forward its goals to, one day, revitalize Kulomen. Progress is slow, but it is there. The only wonder is how long it would take, and if Usabhar himself would be there to witness it. There is much to ponder about the land after it is resurrected, with many tough decisions that will need to be made from now to then and beyond. Yet progress, like everything else, is done one step at a time. First the epidemic must be quelled, then everything else can be worked upon once more.

So it is a concern then when Usabhar hears something being dragged down the hall. Time is truly being unkind to those immortals which cease to age yet have to act out every moment of their waking life. This fits Usabhar well however, who has always stayed diligent and devoted even if it is to a fault. So he chooses to walk down the hall, following the sounds with a mindful haste. Whatever is heading to the sleeping chambers, Usabhar expects the worst of what may happen.

Nasiri in Nerenheim gives a soft, "Hmm," as she recalls what her mission here is supposed to be. Between viewing the sights and talking to the gnome, she had pretty much wanted to forget what it originally was. Her work however, is supposed to be work and not lazing around. "Ah yes, I almost forgot. My lord was to meet Ora'kik, the hill giant. The giant apparently desired to see my lord, but he is not able to come. I am here in his place." She looks toward the bluff once more. "You can imagine its an odd predicament, having to meet someone who is supposed to be dead in his tomb. You, uh, don't know anyone here that can speak to souls, do you?" Nasiri comes to realize just how crazy this job of hers is. She is going to need to reevaluate her position these past couple years when she gets back to Sargti.

14. - Top - End - #374
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Faerie:"Hey! I'll have you know that I am not pointless. I think I might be the heart of this whole new planet. Wouldn't leave even if I could, you know?" At this, the corners of Faux-Celestica's lips raise in a sly little smile, "but if you're going to talk about cruel, the only cruel part is that they didn't give me a copy of- Wero?" Suddenly, Faux-Celestica's gaze seemed glued to something beyond your immediate view, "What on earth is he doing here?"

Emanacal: It is an old and wispy symbol, but it is one that Zurkar vaguely recognizes. It's a holy symbol, supposedly for the cult some ancient god of creation. The symbol came up once or twice in brief research during the "Oh-god-the-sidereals-are-dying" thing but there isn't too much to say about it.

Nerenheim: The gnome thinks for a moment or two. "We have a cleric of pelor that works with the city undertaker. If anyone has the proper spell, it's her. I suppose you'll want a proper introduction?"

Sargti: Approaching the source of the noise, Usabhar sees that one of the more infected dwarves is being dragged down the hallway towards the nearest sleeping chamber. The creature doing the dragging, however, is of far more importance. It's body is a mess of green fungus and eyes, from which emerge rubbery yellow barbed tentacles and a single horned "head". From the head's mouth drops a constant flow of black ichor and its eye sockets are occupied by fungal filaments. Even from a distance, you recognize it as a Rukarazyll, the precise being that had infected Olog.

So far, it doesn't seem to have noticed you.

15. - Top - End - #375

Meanwhile on the other side of the box...

Lord Wero continues flying wistfully, hoping to take his mind off his guilt. Fortunately he doesn't seem to have noticed Celestica v2.0 yet.

Indigo Citadel

Actually yes, i've seen this symbol before. Zurkar replies. It's very old. Ancient in fact, probably pre-dates even the 4th Era. It's a symbol for some old deity of creation. I can't say anything more on that, i'm afraid, but it should help my niece narrow down her search. You got that? Ancient, possibly deceased, Deity of Creation.

When the guard leaves, Zurkar leaves the overseeing of the remaining clean-up to Korshim. Zurkar is, at this stage, not as helpful as he could be so he might as well pursue his own interests at this time. This involves returning to his workshop to study the magical material, dubbed Zurkarnite for lack of a better term. His hope is to learn its properties and make use of its applications.
    Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2014-04-25 at 11:37 PM.

16. - Top - End - #376

SwashbucklerGuy

Usabhar, in all his years, had not ever found a demon, much less a Rukarazyll, waltzing in the paragon's own kingdom undetected. Once he found a young frost giant here, another with a lost and confused azer, but not a demon. There was almost a surge of horror within Usabhar as to the implications of this; someone managed to infiltrate this Rukarazull into Usabhar's kingdom and cause this horrid epidemic to cripple the dwavres from within. It certainly is a more strategic way of attacking this iron mountain but one which reawakens Usabhar's incredible hatred towards these demonic creatures.

He wouldn't let this Rukarazyll infect any more of his kind; nor would any other demon get that opportunity. No negotiation is needed for something as soulless as this. Usabhar's movement is quick, decisive, and merciless. His lance drawn out in his left hand, his greataxe in his right. A moment later and his weapons swing to be drowned in what will be the frozen blood of the Rukarazyll.

Show
    Attacking the Rukarazyll without mercy. Charging, with Dire Charge letting perform a full attack for this round. Due to having Energy Aura, the demon will be in difficult terrain. Lastly, due to Exceptional Blow, every attack will inflict a penalty to the target's Dexterity, -1 for every 2d6 added by Tremendous Blow (so -2 for 5d6 and -5 to 10d6), provided the target is not immune to being affected by stat penalties.

Yeah, I did forget this before cause I forgot Olympian had this amongst all the things Usabhar has available.

Also using Mountain Tombstone Strike maneuver, for (2d6)[4] constitution damage.

Spoiler: Attacks
    Show
    Lance: (1d20+61)[75]
    (1d20+56)[64]
    (1d20+51)[56]
    (1d20+46)[53]

Greataxe: (1d20+61)[63]
    (1d20+56)[68]
    (1d20+51)[64]
    (1d20+46)[61]

Spoiler: Damage
    Show

Lance: (1d8+23)[29] + (10d6)[34]
    (1d8+23)[27] + (5d6)[10]
    (1d8+23)[24] + (5d6)[19]
    (1d8+23)[31] + (5d6)[15]

Greataxe: (1d12+23)[34] + (10d6)[35]
    (1d12+23)[27] + (5d6)[17]
    (1d12+23)[30] + (5d6)[16]
    (1d12+23)[30] + (5d6)[23]

Nasiri meanwhile nods happily to the gnome. "A cleric of Pelor? Wonderful! Please, introduce me to her." Nasiri, set to go visit this cleric, is glad that she might actually be able to accomplish what she had come for. Should she not, it would have been likely for her to return, disappointed, only to find her lord inevitably displeased with the missing bodies of the council. She has to return with some good news at least.

17. - Top - End - #377
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Nerenheim: (speeding things up a tad). Leading you the priest, an elderly spinster in a black-and-golden dress, the gnome introduces her to Nasiri and makes the request for communion with the long-dead. To this, she gives a humorless cackle and retorts that an intact corpse is needed for the spell, not a skeleton that had rotted for centuries. Unless you have a friend who could bring back the dead after 300 years, you are probably right out of luck.

Faerie: Pointing the opposite end of the box away from herself, You can see that the space she occupies seems to be one of those "hearts of the world" that Celestica has entered and bonded to in the past, except that there is no crystal in sight and that the outer walls look like crystalline lenses, in one of which the sighing form of Wero is clearly visible.

"Rahja? Do you have a spare planeshift? I'd rather not think about Wero claiming me as another part of his empire" The Faux-Celestica shudders at the thought.

Sargti: Running for the fungal fiend, Usabhar easily tears it into shreds, leaving only a newly awakened patient on the floor, struggling with pain to return to his feet.

18. - Top - End - #378
    Titan in the Playground

"Yes, that does not sound enticing. Sorry about my comment, I wasn't aware you were the heart of this world, but rather imprisoned for no good reason." Rahja shifts to the location shown with Celestica, also reversing the effects that brought them to Faerie, if necessary.

19. - Top - End - #379
    Titan in the Playground

Celestica goes with Rahja as well...even the thought of "herself" becoming a part of the high lord's empire is a scary one. Another thought occurs to her, hoping that Wero does catch sight of them....seeing two of her will be almost guaranteed to cause him a headache.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

20. - Top - End - #380
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Arriving (unscathed) on the unnamed planet, Rahja and Celestica can see the moping Wero, who can hear their arrival. The other Celestia is nowhere to be seen, other than at the bottom of the box. If she is truly at the heart of the world, it would take the powerful spell you gleaned earlier to visit her personally.

21. - Top - End - #381

As Lord Wero is attempting to exorcise himself of his own guilt, a curious sight catches the corner of his eye. What is the elf doing here? This world was created literally minutes ago. Curious, he flies over to investigate.

22. - Top - End - #382
    Titan in the Playground

Celestica turns to face the High Lord, keeping the box open for now. Its unusual to see Lord Wero moping, as moping would require that someone acknowledge some sort of failure or wrongdoing, which is rare from the High Lord.

You seem to be able to arrive quickly at new planets. But you'll have to ask the fey permission for anything on this one, seeing as its their world
    #GoreMutualarejerks

23. - Top - End - #383

The Fey? The High Lord seemed amused. I thought the Archmagister Prime answered to no-one and nothing. It would certainly fit his character to create a planet for the sole purpose of its growth punching me in the gut.

Regardless, I must confess the resources of the Empire have been spread thin due to the Incursions and attack of the Boiler Man. A colonization effort is simply implausible at this time. I may have to resort to the old-fashioned Draconic tradition of taking residence in a hole in the ground and claiming everything in a two-mile radius as "mine."
    Despite his light-hearted, almost joking tone, it's still debatable whether or not Lord Wero wants to develop it or not. What I call the Crystal Canyon might be a good place. You simply must see it, protrusions of just the most exquisite natural crystalline structures everywhere, just off to the side is a forest of truly epic proportions, with trees tall enough to reach the clouds. Fae or Archmagister, whoever designed this world was an artist.

I would ask what you are doing here, but I recall you were going to be participating in the Fae's efforts to re-stabilize the multiverse. If I recall correctly, they call it a "Gala." No doubt the creation of this world was the main event. How was the party by the way, and why are you wearing a dress made of leaves?
    Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2014-04-30 at 12:06 PM.

24. - Top - End - #384

SwashbucklerGuy

As they should be, the Rukarazyll falls in an instant to Usabhar's weapons; any demon who acts against the paragon's kingdom deserves such a fate. Usabhar couldn't stand one bit of this; he needs to do something about this apparent lack of security within his kingdom. If demons can infiltrate his kingdom so silently then the paragon's entire race could be infected in days, if they haven't done so already. It would be worse should these demons ended up infecting most of the other races of Kulomen too. However the demons are managing this plan of theirs, it is working and has to be put to a stop soon.

Of more important matters at this time is the dwarven patient who has, unfortunately, been awaken and found in the dwarven hall where the blood of a demon has painted these walls. These dwarves have been all too restless as of late and to try and wake more up for any reason would be a determent to the kingdom's morale. Instead Usabhar takes on the burden of carrying the infected dwarf back to his quarters, infection be damned. "Calm yourself," Usabhar says quietly to the dwarf; the paragon's tone rough with grit and sturdy as stone. "Get back to your rest. Tomorrow will be a busier day than expected." So Usabhar, carrying the dwarf back, plans and prepares for a full-on inspection of the kingdom's inner defenses when morning comes. He will not be pleased should he find out that there may be another insider that is assisting these demons.

Nasiri, relaxed prior in Nerenheim, almost felt like twisting her own neck when she hears that there wouldn't be a way for her to speak to the deceased hill giant. Coming all this way to ultimately achieve nothing feels to her like its becoming her standard result for everything she's been trying lately. She probably has done things of importance in the last week but despair blocks her from recalling it. Instead her mind is in confusion at her current dilemma. How in the hell do you revive someone whose been dead for over three hundred years? Her question is answered almost immediately as the couatl recalls someone she had met who completely eclipsed her in healing potential. She should be looking for Rahja who would have no problem reviving that who is long deceased. Nasiri's actual issue then is figuring out where Rahja would be. Wasn't there something important today, like a gala of sorts Rahja and Celestica were invited to? As much as Nasiri would like, she can't barge into a divine party run by the fae. She would have to wait until it ended, then hope Rahja would be on Haven. Unless Keltahkonkmet is there and her invitation is late, Nasiri isn't going to be seeing the aasimar today.

So instead Nasiri decides it will be better for her to take advantage of this town's resources while she is visiting. She thanks the cleric and gnome for their time and, unless she is denied to do so, the couatl ventures back to the open marketplace she had seen earlier. She sets her eyes around the place to examine if there is any magical scrolls or books that she may take to reading sometime. If she is going to be more helpful than she is now then she must work very hard at improving herself, one spell at a time. She's always wanted to improve her magical aptitude, so here's an opportunity for self-learning if she can afford any sort of magical things here in Nerenheim.

Show
    I actually forgot if Nasiri is aware of the Gala or not, though I think she is. Lemme know if I'm incorrect on this though.

25. - Top - End - #385
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Ing View Post
    How was the party by the way, and why are you wearing a dress made of leaves?
    Do you like it? I thought it such a good way to honour my heritage. I could take it off if you like.
    The party was quite nice, Rahja and I had a strong hand in building this world, and I took second place in one shooting competition and first in another.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

26. - Top - End - #386

I find it difficult to imagine you, of all the anyone I know, could lose in a shooting competition. Losing to the physical manifestations of deities? You're off your game! Lord Wero teases.

Though I must say, a little forward aren't we? I am certain the leaves are itchy, but the standard protocol is that I take you out for some dinner before you take off your dress, to say nothing of how my dear, beloved Chancellor would feel about such an affair.

But I digress: I am afraid my memory fails me, what is the significance of leaves to your heritage again?

27. - Top - End - #387
    Titan in the Playground

I was born in forest thicker than anything you could ever imagine with trees older than you or I put together.
    And as for the competition, it wasn't so much target shooting, it was rapid shooting. I had to fire 12 arrows in under 6 seconds, and while I could get 10 off, it wasn't enough.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

28. - Top - End - #388
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Rahja:
    Spoiler
    Show
    No sooner does Rahja step out of Faerie than does a sending arrive for her. In fact, she gets at least three, all of which seem to be coming from Haven (though not from any recruit you have personally spoken with to any considerable degree).

"Dawncaller. This is Rosewind of Haven. Deployed to help Sargti after the cracks. Never made it back. Found stabilized crack. Not to Far Realms. Advise"

"Dawncaller. This is Rosewind of Haven. Please Respond. Crack emitting high-grade positive energy. It wasn't destroyed. Repeat, it wasn't destroyed. Contacting nearest Haven Outpost."

"Dawncaller. This is Rosewind of Haven. Cross-planar sending intercepted. Being pursued. Rendezvous with Haven arranged at fortress. Alerting all higher-ups. The ravids are"

Nerenheim:[spoiler]You can find most scrolls, knowstones, and magical books for 90% of their price here (it would seem that everyone wants to be the one seen selling their goods to an otherworldly manifestation of goodness. Go figure.)

29. - Top - End - #389

Quote Originally Posted by MikelaC1 View Post
    I was born in forest thicker than anything you could ever imagine with trees older than you or I put together.
    And as for the competition, it wasn't so much target shooting, it was rapid shooting. I had to fire 12 arrows in under 6 seconds, and while I could get 10 off, it wasn't enough.
    I...might be able to manage 12. Lord Wero says, more as a musing than any bragging. Not lately though. I think today the best I could manage is eight.

Besides, you must be wondering what I was doing here. Following the madness that involved an incident that lead me to believe my great-grandson can speak Truespeak fluently, and yes I know that is impossible, the Archmagister Prime invited me to witness the birth of a new world. I was just far enough away from it to slam into me. Furthermore, I am entirely convinced there is a me-shaped hole on this planet somewhere through no fault of my own.

30. - Top - End - #390
    Titan in the Playground

Rahja has a faraway look on her face, then looks in high alert. "This is what I get for taking a break." She turns to Celestica and Wero. "There's a stable crack on Sargti not leading to the Far Realms that couldn't be destroyed and now emits positive energy. Emergency situation." She invites them to join her or not, then teleports straight to Sargti into the fortress, inquiring about the current situation and the last known location of Rosewind, both from those of Haven there as well as Selayna if she knows anything about her.