New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 33 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: The Ultimate Conflict II

CELESTICA

Celestica has made her point...and had her fun as well...and she visibly relaxes.

Hanali wanted me to go in her stead, so perhaps there is a good reason that deities should not attend. I think it should just be the two of us. Although I would like to look through Hanali's spare wardrobe, if she has one, to see if there is something more appropriate for us to wear. We are going to a fey ball after all.

Celestica may be a superhuman presence, but at her heart, shes still just a normal woman who enjoys dressing up.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

2. - Top - End - #182
    Titan in the Playground

Rahja chuckles. "Selayna, not Shelyn, love." The thought of Celestica mixing up a nymph and a deity is fairly amusing, but perhaps could be understood as a compliment.
    "But very well. I never had many occasions to dress specifically for. I guess I'll need a little help." Rahja's normal clothes already are quite pleasant to the eye (in addition to herself), so it has been more than enough for most mortal occasions, but this is an entirely different beast. So internally, Rahja crosses her fingers Celestica knows what is appropiate, as Hanali's champion.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Firbolg in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Usabhar is as clueless has he can ever be. Not only does this fire giantess know him but also mentions about events that Usabhar had been involved in. The dwarf had indeed once discussed about the root a few days prior and there were battles against demons that the paragon had fought to help protect Il'Kaenen. What the fire giantess speaks of almost sounds like a mirror event in the root's case. Fire giants in a world of ice sounds like a very odd position presuming this rhemoraz incursion she speaks of is true. If this fire giantess is another jarl, then Usabhar should know who she is... even if this has only been the first time they've actually met. He prays however that the giantess isn't serious when she said "tea." Usabhar can't stand that sort of beverage.

Whichever this fire giantess is or not, Usabhar responds quickly with a mostly-unchanged tone. The only difference from his stoically calm voice is a bigger deal of respect to the fire giantess. "Then you will need to accept that my memory is hazy on that part." He lets that subject lie, finding no reason to waste time with this trivial matter. He does not wish to be gone long from Sargti; perhaps it is overestimating Olog but the paragon will not be surprised if the heretic can convert his fellow kind if Usabhar is gone for even an hour. "Let us speak of the matter at hand," he states as he looks to the frost giant chief with his worn and weathered, rock-textured eyes. "You have prepared a 'gift' of some sort, have you not Jarl?" For a moment, Usabhar considers the idea that this gift will be offered from the fire giantess rather than the frost giant. If this incursion did happen then it is likely that she will be rewarding him for that.

Nasiri raises an eyebrow in curiosity when Korshim mentions about the stone. "Solid magic," she responds dully. In a way her tone was like Usabhar's blunt and stoic voice, just with an added sense of disbelief. "Solid, magic," she repeats with an added emphasis on magic. Her tone proceeds to lose it's dullness as she continues. "I never, ever have heard something as dumb as solid magic." She leaves in a moment of pause before suddenly stating, "Yeah, best call it a rock," in her casual voice which proceeds to dominate her tone of choice for the conversation.

She ponders whether to actually tell Zurkar about where her lord had found this stone. On one hand, Usabhar never specified that Zurkar could buy the rest of the stones from the avolakia; on the other, Usabhar would likely not be happy if he learned that she was letting the empire take away what might actually belong to Kulomen's inhabitants... Nah Usabhar won't mind, she thinks to herself. He's never been all that bothered by her actions before and the empire isn't any worse having it than the avolakia is. It'll probably be better in the long run anyway; Zurkar is a more trusting person than his father and all Nasiri does need to bring back is the stone he has right now. The couatl has gotten all too used to her lord's temperance.

"So if you want more of this, then..." She holds off, slithering to Zurkar with her amused look before sweetly whispering, "They fell from the skies in my lord's land, held by an avolakia and it's creed of reavers. A fantastic adventure across the ice and war-torn wasteland of Kulomen for your research." Her sweetness immediately halts as she blunts out the simple reality. "Or, y'know, propose a trade with them. They're probably into corpses or necrotic stuff that my lord is unlikely to trade away." She figures that if Usabhar can get home from the avolakia's home without being covered in blood, then he can negotiate just fine. It can't be any worse for the couatl and a purple dragon prince, right?

4. - Top - End - #184
    Colossus in the Playground

Indigo Citadel Reconstruction Site

Perhaps... He knows of those...creatures. Corpses would be easy for him to acquire, but...he understands Usabhar's reluctance to meet their demands. He remembers it's not necessarily the corpses they feed on, it's the energies that animate the undead. If there was a way to replicate this, like some sort of necrotic energy generator, they might be interested. However, Zurkar remembers that he has his own responsibilities to finish the work he committed himself to. It would be remiss to go out into some ice-world for his own selfish ambitions. Fortunately, Zurkar remembers he IS in a position to literally be in two places at once.

With a thought, a fourth being enters among them. Nasiri may have gotten a glimpse of it before when her Lord first met the High Lord, but now it moves among them clearly. Its body is a gleaming humanoid form of great shining diamond, forming everything from head to toe, easily as tall as Nasiri is long.
    Since it's too difficult to explain, the short version is that this is my second body. He gestures to the golem, who nods in response. A few years ago I split my consciousness in two and put it in this experimental golem. It's me in pretty much every respect, even if it's not nearly as beautiful. And it can't fly. Or cast spells though. Take it, er, me with you to see the Avolakia.

Hall of Judgment

Lord Wero's responses are careful and calculated, particularly because he is trying to make certain that no miscommunication results from any hallucinations he may or may not experience. So far so good, but a part of him is concerned that someone may notice he is asking people to repeat themselves too often.

In regards to the moon, he struggles with the problem of the so-called Tragedy of the Commons. The idea that if there is a collective good, in the name of individual self-interest others will overuse that collective good until nobody can. The solution is property rights, of course, but how to go about it is another issue. For the moment, the entire moon is under the direct ownership of the High Lord. He resolves to contract out the rights to appraise, survey, and cartograph the land to outside and private organizations whom should compete amongst themselves for the right to said contracts. They will then return with a price for acreage, and the High Lord will sell the land off piecemeal on the open market at market rates. Given that demand is suggested to be rather high, the High Lord considers making an appointment with some financial advisors after the appraisals return to determine an appropriate price. The purchased land is then theirs to do what they please. For the moment, the various groups who want the land are to be told that the land is being appraised, and will be placed on the market for sale shortly. Lord Wero does have a mind to keep certain territories under the stewardship of the Empire to build a military base. Maintaining order on this frontier land is important.

Lord Wero wants the allegations of the Shadow to be more thorougly investigated, and in the case of undead infestation, contained if it cannot be immediately destroyed.

The Clockwork Dragons did take orders from the Moon, and now that it is inoperable the remaining dragons are no doubt shut down. Regardless Lord Wero maintains that his assumptions are just that, and all caution should be maintained. If it is possible, he would like them restrained and transported to a secure location where they can be analyzed and/or interrogated. Lord Wero makes it a point that unless they become an immediate threat, they are not to be harmed. He furthermore asks to be continually appraised of the situation's developments. This is definitely something that will require the expertise of the Prince and his Praetorian, if anything.

As for the final piece of business, Lord Wero's attention is taken. He inquires as to the sort of measures taken to investigate the happenings and possible locations of the town and its residents, as well as the status of any whom might have been out-of-town when it occurred. No doubt their knowledge and familiarity would make scrying significantly easier.
    Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2014-01-14 at 05:58 PM.
    Dark Souls Remake in a Nutshell
    Don't mess with a Primarch

Sometimes I make avatars too. Shoot me a PM if interested.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Evergold: Hanali, hearing Celestica's request, touches her hand against what looks to be a silenced moaning diamond embedded in one wall. With that touch, the ground at the far end of the room gently gives way to a smooth passageway leading downwards, towards a large glowing chamber.

The chamber in question is bathed in a gentle green light by thousands of monstrous fireflies, flitting around the room to form new constellations. The walla and ceiling of this dome-shaped room are covered in a thin layer of crystal and are perfectly reflective, making the chamber appear to continue on for miles. Of more immediate relevance, however, a single garment hangs from each firefly.

Among Hanali's collect, there is tremendous number of gowns, dresses, and other items of elegant clothing along with cultural garments such as veils and even a few more casual garments. Many garments are made of natural materials, including those that couldn't work without the use of magic (such as a gown formed of raw stone). Small jewels are imbedded into the crystal dome, each of which turns out to be a full item of jewelry with further examination. Many of the works are clearly magical.

(You are free to describe your appearance for the ball however you see fit. Further, you may obtain nearly any worn item with a value of 200,000 gp or less as magical items are available in this room).

Il'Kaenan: "As promised," speaks the Jarl, drawing out a golden chain probably built to attach to a pendant. Built for a giant, each link of the chain is the size of Usabhar's thumb and has been engraved in prayers written in giant. Rather than holding a pendant, however, the chain attaches to a rough loop of cracks that hang in midair, cracks not dissimilar from what was faced when this whole mess started.

Hall of Judgment: In regards to the vanished town, scrying sensors previously put into place around town remain, allowing observers to see that the town seems to have vanished, leaving no artifacts (such as trash or buildings), ecofacts (such as bones or gardens), or features (such as basements or corner posts). A scout has been sent to the site and supports these observations

While natives were kept in the mining town to keep up productivity, a few of the higher-ups were gone on Emanacal and they have been contacted. They report no ongoing threats or recent changes before the vanishing and copies of their records support this, though it is noted that none of them would be able to detect magic being worked.
    I'm try not to be too vain but this was too perfect not to sig.
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Fury View Post
    okay RoC, that is enough! the gitp boards can only take so much awsome, you might actually hurt somebody with this one!
    At long last, I have an extended signature

6. - Top - End - #186

Hall of Judgment

Lord Wero was confused as to why, specifically, the lack of spellcasting ability was seen as relevant. Only a tiny minority of Eclipsians had any spellcasting ability so this is really grasping at straws. Unless the town was known specifically for having some magical affluence, whether it's a powerful artifact that the Empire currently lacked the technology or willingness to relocate, an unusually high population of sorcerers...

He inquires as to the historical magical affluence of the town.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Titan in the Playground

CELESTICA

Ive heard tell, in some other world, about some dressmaking twins, half-elven if the legends are true, who might be able to match the skill of a divine dressmaker.

Celestica goes through a few choices, but quickly settles on an interesting creation. Its a dress that fits snugly on her, and appears to be made completely of tree leaves. The undergarment of the dress is made in brown, and it, for all the world, looks like tree bark. Of course, neither of them are really made of, but they still give the appearance of it. Not one to wear a lot of jewellry, it is still possible to see a couple of pieces on her, made of emeralds to blend with the green of her outfit.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

8. - Top - End - #188
    Titan in the Playground

The number of choices is much less dizzying for Rahja, given how small most Fey are compared to the tall, shapely aasimar. "Hmm, perhaps this one..."

Reappearing after a moment, Rahja wears a dress apparently entirely made of rounded petals of a pure white color around her shoulders and chest, the color turning into a vibrant red further away, also forming mesmerizing patterns, the sleeves longer on the outside and the collar (seamlessly extending from the v-neckline) extending upwards a bit on the back, framing Rahja's silvery hair and fair-skinned face in red. Giving her relatively pale skin, it almost looks like the white petals seamlessly emerge from her skin. Her thin girdle is easily hidden beneath the petals (and given how the dress hugs her form, there is no visual difference because of it) and Rahja is wearing her usual two silver rings. No place for her scarf, though.

"W-well, how does it look?" Never having been one to indulge in a huge variety of clothes and dresses and jewelry and whatnot (her pre-adult life definitely not allowing for anything like that), she feels a little nervous about her choice, also unused to the neckline, which she hadn't quite expected to turn out this way, only used to practical clothes that show little in the way of skin.

9. - Top - End - #189
    Titan in the Playground

CELESTICA

Given that Celestica cannot help fussing about her soul mate's appearance (with her years more experience in such matters), Celestica cant avoid making a few small changes to the arrangment of all of Rahja's clothing. Nothing special is changed and one who knows more about such things would speculate that Celestica is just changing things for the sake of making changes.

Now, you're perfect. Not that you werent before, but now for a fey ball as well.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

10. - Top - End - #190

SwashbucklerGuy

As the golden chain is presented, Usabhar eyes the design and size with an analytical marvel of interest. Formed like a pendant, engraved in giant words and built for giants; a good deal of it details to something a giant must have worn before. Yet the cracks where the pendant should be intrigue the paragon more. He'd seen such cracks in the sky but not in place of any object. The existence of such cracks confound him yet again, for they really do lack definition on the material plane. With this thing in possession however, perhaps progress may be achieved now.

Usabhar walks over to more closely examine the golden chain, holding it in his hands should the jarl allow him to do so. As someone who has known the culture of the frost giants for a long time, Usabhar is both literate and highly skilled in their language as he reads the prayers engraved on the chain. Perhaps it may be worth reading should it be important in the future. Once observed, Usabhar wonders whether this chain had turned up around the same time as the fire giants. After his observation is finished, the paragon looks back to the fire giantess as he speaks to her. "I am presuming this chain had belonged to Al'himil before the incursion. Am I correct?"

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    I would like to make some rolls to help identify the golden chain, where it likely came from, the engraved giants' words on it if it identifies any importing being/deity, and the cracks, if they can be identified at all for Usabhar:

Appraise: (1d20+12)[31]
    Knowledge (Geography): (1d20+43)[60]
    Knowledge (History): (1d20+46)[57]
    Knowledge (Religion): (1d20+46)[52]
    Perception: (1d20+47)[66]
    Spellcraft: (1d20+43)[58]

Nasiri might have recalled seeing it before, but getting a closer look at what Zurkar calls his "second body" blanks out the couatl's mind for a moment. Sure she has seen many kinds of magic before but this was pushing her imagination. Having been on Kulomen for many years in service to Usabhar had not helped at all. She first views it with what is a complete, blank stare. Her mouth hangs open as if frozen solid by a blizzard. Eventually she manages to speak in the flabbergasted way one might expect from her expression. "Giantcrap," she begins, using a term she came up with herself during her long years in Kuloment. "You expect me to believe that you can recreate or split or whatever your conscious into another object?"

Her moments of complete doubt begins to change into a look of shocked glee. Considering that she is or was capable of casting wishes, if minor, and her lord can call upon miracles, something like this should be possible. Quickly she spins around in the air twice before quickly but gently coiling herself around the diamond-like body. "That's awesome! Any way you can show me how to do that too? I'm rather sick of not being able to be here and in Kulomen at once."

11. - Top - End - #191

No. Zurkar says immediately without any hesitation or even thought. I literally turned myself into a hive-mind, and to do so I had to split my soul in half. It's not because of luck I was successful, but it isn't something someone just does. If I didn't succeed I wouldnt've just died, I would have destroyed my own soul.

Besides, I haven't even begun to know you. No offense, of course, but I would need to know every aspect there is to know about you, down to the most minute, passing whim. I'll sooner transfer my consciousness into a third body before I risk obliterating you at the most fundamental level so you could be more convenienced.
    When Zurkar is done turning the Couatl into stone with his glare, he relaxes slightly. So...

Do you think you could guide me to the source of these rocks?
    Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2014-01-18 at 06:05 PM.

12. - Top - End - #192

SwashbucklerGuy

Nasiri hears the sharp, serious words of Zurkar and freezes tight in place. She didn't think such a process would require careful manipulation of cutting one's soul in half. Even if she understood the other parts, having to perform such a dangerous technique might not be something she should rush into so fast. The prince's complete seriousness only highlights the importance of not continuing with such a thought... That and Usabhar would likely not be amused, but that's a minor concern by comparison.

Nasiri's thoughts still ponder something, if splitting consciousness is so dangerous, why did Zurkar even do it? "Right," she begins more cautiously, having drowned out her mood in disappointment. "Well if you can't do it for me or anyone else, why in the world did you... Actually, never mind. I don't think I'd like to know." She rubs her tail over the back of her head as she realizes that such a task Zurkar did could only have come from the mind of a insanely adventurous individual. Trying to understand the mind of that sort of person would be result in something of a mess.

"Okay, so I'll just transport, uh, you then," she speaks to the diamond figure as she uncoils from it. "Just fair warning, you may not like Kulomen." With that, she chants her magic once more, creating a sigil to transport herself and Zurkar's diamond figure to Kulomen and to Wyrm's Gullet, a place she so desperately would rather not go without her lord.

13. - Top - End - #193

In a flash of Nasiri's magical light, the pair appear on the endless frozen wastes of Kulomen. My goodness! The crystalline giant speaks with Zurkar's voice and inflection. It's a good thing I did bring this body because the other one might have frozen to death within minutes! The temperature readings I am receiving are crazy-low!

Beyond that...eeh.
    He takes a more relaxed, casual stance. Shrugging. Too early to say whether I hate it or not. As far as I can tell, i'll need to bring a coat if we need the other me to be here. Actually no, Endure Elements does that better. That's probably what you're using anyways.

Looking around, the golem body's eyes are able to see...snow, snow, more snow, and....the Wyrm's Gullet. Oh wow! He says, seemingly impressed. That is the most villainous villain lair I have ever seen! Seriously, should I expect monsters to pop out of the snow and start a "we are the bad guys" dance number? I seriously don't think that'd be out of place.

14. - Top - End - #194
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Hall of Judgment: The aids are quick to point out that the lack of magic is precisely what they wish to indicate. While the remaining survivors don't report any unusual happenings before leaving, normal magic can't be ruled out as the cause as nobody would have been able to detect it.

You know, as opposed to doomsday cult rituals, magical artifacts, metal (non-korshim) dragons, sky cracks, or other such business. With everything the empire has been embroiled in, a gentle observation that "normal" magic might be at play seemed relevant to a couple of lower advisors.

Evergold: Aelera, entering the chamber after a few minutes, gives a high whistle of approval at your selections in fashion. "Certainly a worthy selection for the gayla. Before we depart, however, there is one more thing of note. Each guest is urged to bring a small gift for the night's festivities. It need not be an expensive gift, of course, but it is a display of good will."

Il'Kaenen: "Wha? Nonono," the Jarl laughs once more, her heavy form shaking with each exhalation, "When cracks vanished from the sky, they fractured and fell to the ground. This was the largest that my aides could find... and is sadly the greatest treasure that we were able to salvage." With these last words, an expression of pain and loss passes over the Jarl.

Spoiler
    Show
    When fighting the cracks, Usabhar remembers that the cracks did indeed shatter like glass against physical attacks.

Wyrm's Gullet: The closest that "Zurkar" gets to his villainous musical number is a warped drinking song echoing through the gullet at the golem approaches. The rot reavers out on patrol, sizing up the golem, seem to consider violence for a moment or two, either out of principle or stupidity, before deciding that discretion is the better part of valor, running off to tell others that a giant thing made of crystal has arrived.
    okay RoC, that is enough! the gitp boards can only take so much awsome, you might actually hurt somebody with this one!

15. - Top - End - #195

Wyrm's Gullet

Rot Reavers, disguisting creatures to say the least. Fortunately they are exceedingly rare. If nothing else, from the rather enormous body they were rather puny. A simple rake of that massive crystal sword would be enough to horizontally bisect any number of them. Fortunately it was not information the Rot Reavers were ready to learn the hard way, nor one Zurkar wished to teach at the moment.

Continuing in, and when finally approached by either the Avolakia Nasiri mentioned before or a Necrothane who no doubt was subordinate to said Avolakia, Zurkar spoke. I offer you my greetings. I am Shehadxerwhkar, Gatekeeper of the Portal Chamber, Prince of the Empire of the Eternal Eclipse. I understand you are in possession of a stone of some value. If such is true, I wish to make purchase of it.

Hall of Judgment

Simple magic. After everything that had happened, Lord Wero had a hard time believing it was simple magic. Regardless, he knew he couldn't rule out anything, and as such endeavored to think to any sort of thing that may have caused this. Magic, simple, advanced, or otherwise, artifacts of legend, stories where this might have happened, psionics, truenaming...

Spoiler: Cornucopia of Knowledge checks!
    Show

Arcana
    (1d20+51)[67]
    History
    (1d20+51)[70]
    Local
    (1d20+51)[65]
    Planes
    (1d20+51)[61]
    Nobility/Royalty
    (1d20+51)[57]
    Psionics
    (1d20+20)[27]
    Religion
    (1d20+20)[37]
    Geography
    (1d20+20)[24]
    Dungeoneering
    (1d20+20)[32]
    Nature
    (1d20+20)[24]

Spellcraft
    (1d20+61)[70]
    Martial Lore
    (1d20+41)[60]

16. - Top - End - #196
    Titan in the Playground

"I assume fey prefer nature-related gifts? I could bring a few acorns of Dera's world tree."

17. - Top - End - #197

SwashbucklerGuy

Usabhar takes a moment of silence for the fire giantess Jarl when she speaks of the chain and her home. The implications are obvious to him; there probably isn't a speck of living land left in the world she had retreated from. The paragon can only theorize why the fire giants had to retreat and not hold their ground and fight back. Of course when it came down to it, "why" isn't an important question now. Their land is over, done with, and gone. It was much like the dwarves' own kingdom of Anvion in fact, which had fallen centuries ago to the demons of the Abyss. While the pain of losing one's home has not yet been on Usabhar's shoulders yet, his own kind has had to persevere with that for a long time. The fire giants will simply need to do the same, though this time with help from others and not in solitude.

Taking the chain as his gift, Usabhar gives a stoic look that mostly signifies his way of giving thanks as he sees it fit to not stay longer than he is asked for. Before he does so, he makes a standing, somewhat reassuring remark to the fire giantess Jarl, looking at her as someone who's had centuries of experience with battle and survival. "You and your kind are alive with your wills intact; that is most important for anyone." He gives a nod to the frost giant chieftain before continuing. "If you are allies with those of Il'Kaenen then my kingdom and I shall help how we can. Will there be anything either of you two ask of me before I leave back for Sargti?"

Nasiri, while pleased by Zurkar's sense of humor, was now seriously regretting having brought Zurkar here with only herself. Usabhar would be perfectly fine going into the heart of some twisted lair by himself. Nasiri trying that may as well end in suicide. It doesn't really matter how great Zurkar's diamond body is, she'd rather be backed up by something more than a construct in meeting the rot reavers.

For all her smiling, Nasiri does her best to hide her embarrassing concern as she enters with Zurkar. Her mind was going through all sort of questions that she didn't have answers for. Why'd I think this was a good idea? What was I thinking? Oh Keltahkonkmet I'm gonna be rot reaver food, aren't I? Nevertheless, she makes her way down Wyrm's Gullet with Zurkar, trying to keep a pleasing mood which Zurkar can easily tell is a lying expression. So long as she and Zurkar get out of this alive, she won't be regretting this for the rest of her immortal life.

18. - Top - End - #198
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Okay, about settled in at school. Regular posts begin now.

Evergold: Aelera scratches the back of her head, clearly not quite sure how to answer, "Needn't be of nature. Only something you think is worth bringing. My instructions were... vague."

Hall of Judgment: Yup, normal magic most definitely could have done this. It would have been quite an ordeal but teleportation or disintegration could have been used on a massive scale (likely a small army of casters), followed by a few castings of move earth or soften earth and stone to hide remaining features. Depending on the strength of the casters, any lingering auras could be vanishing soon (if they weren't already gone).

Wyrm's Gullet: The Avolakia in question looks at the assembled company before waving its upper body in what may or may not have been a bow. "Ah, more royalty. I should have expected some company after meeting the Paragon. Let's talk negotiations in my chamber, shall we? Prince, be certain watch your head. Dragon, try not to touch any worms. They're hungry."

With that, the avolakia half walks and half slithers back to the side chamber it had emerged from, waving for you to follow with one appendage.

Il'Kaenen: The Jarl can only frown as she looks at the ground and shakes her head. The Frost giant chieftain, meanwhile, finally speaks up. "There is one thing I would ask you, Paragon. One of our oracles had a vision concerning you, though I'm not sure that I understand. She told me that the shadow of time pursues you, Usabhar. Were it anybody else, I'd guess they were old and nearing their final duty. But... you don't age... do you?"
    Last edited by Realms of Chaos; 2014-01-23 at 09:58 PM.

19. - Top - End - #199

Hall of Judgment

Mundane Magic wielded by either a large number of spellcasters or one exceptionally powerful one who goes under the moniker "The Archmagister" could produce these results. The High Lord inquires if any attempts to scan for magic auras, at all, have been attempted.

Wyrm's Gullet

Zurkar's construct body follows, careful to maneuver the exceptionally large body around the space not built to accommodate its proportions. However he can sense that Nasiri is uneasy, and for good reason. In anticipation of trouble, on another world the Technomancer's true body created a scroll of greater teleportation in anticipation of trouble, ready to provide the duo on Kulomen with reinforcements and an escape route at a moment's notice. It helps that he brought with him two additional constructs that may be able to tip the scales further in the Gatekeeper's favor.

20. - Top - End - #200
    Titan in the Playground

Celestica listens to the atomie for a moment, and then absentmindedly pulls out her mandolin. She begins to strum on it, but her eyes clearly do not see what is in front of her, Rahja can tell that her mind is far away.
    Gradually, the random strummings begin to take on a form, a pattern...and in a low voice, Celestica begins to sing. The song is one that Rahja doesn't know, how could she, since it is just coming into being right now. She stumbles over some lines and notes here and there, but its just a process and the next time she comes to it, its flawless. She finishes up, and smiles.

My "gift" shall be this new musical creation, and the fey ball would be an excellent place to debut it. Would you offer me the honour of joining me in a duet?
    #GoreMutualarejerks

21. - Top - End - #201
    Titan in the Playground

"Most certainly. I think we have our gifts ready."

22. - Top - End - #202

SwashbucklerGuy

Usabhar, intrigued by the words of the frost giant chieftain, pauses for a moment in consideration of the oracle's words. A "shadow of time" could not have meant death by old age. The dwarf's death would be brought on an accursed field of war due to the violent life that any warrior, ruler or not, would face. It is curious then that one should warn the paragon with such words. Oh so many things it could represent, none of them likely good in the slightest. Yet Usabhar has always expected problems to spring up when vague circumstances are hinted; he is sure this will be no different.

Unyielding in showing emotion to this 'vision,' Usabhar simply responds swiftly to the frost giant chieftain. His words, though seemingly uncaring due to his stoic mood, is full of curiosity and interest. "Age is nothing but a number to me, only an idea for how long I've been with my kind. Your oracle speaks of words I do not understand either. Is she available to clarify this vision of hers or speak more of it?" If Usabhar is forced to guess, he believes that this would be some sort of 'final duty' as the chieftain has stated, not one of age but instead of battle. Yet he will not accept such a theory until he can know more first.

In Wyrm's Gullet, Nasiri is tempted to immediately turn back and flee. The avolakia has his back turned, allowing what feels like one final chance to back down and not look away. Yet if she did she would be leaving Zurkar's other body behind on a world alien to him. By doing that she'd be abandoning her obligations and be shamed as a couatl who lives to serve, whether her lord or someone else she's given the task to guard. So with a deep breath she slivers right behind Zurkar's diamond body, levitating above the ground to try and avoid any worms on the ground from getting any ideas. The sooner the two are out, the better.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Hall of Judgment: Nobody has scanned the surface, wanting your word before they started sending personnel into a possible deathtrap. While a couple members in your court clearly look as though they wanted to send someone out, they are holding their tongues. After all, things didn't end well for the last person to waste empire resources without your approval.

Wyrm's Gullet: In the side-chamber, everything is surprisingly clean and orderly. No ambushes, no visible death traps, and not even attendants beyond a necrothane that stands guard at the doorway behind you to keep out interlopers.

A few woefully inadequate stone chairs rest around a stone table, at the head of which the Avolakia rests. Waving you towards the far corners of the room instead of proper seats. "So..." the Avolakia starts, "The Empire of Endless Eclipse, was it? Where precisely in Kulomen does one find an empire ruled by a golem?"

Il'Kaenen: "She hasn't spoken much more since last night, though she meditates in the tower if you should want to see her."

Evergold: Aelara removes a small assemblage of twigs from a pouch, forming them into a circle upon the floor about the width of a needle's head. "Well, if you're ready, all you have to do is travel through." Upon seeing your expressions, she continues, "It's easier than it looks."

24. - Top - End - #204
    Titan in the Playground

Celestica takes Rahja's hand and moves to step right into the middle of the needle head, knowing she will likely shrink just before she reaches it, allowing her to enter. She has dealt with tricksy fey before.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

25. - Top - End - #205
    Titan in the Playground

Rahja follows without hesitation.

26. - Top - End - #206

Hall of Judgment

Huh, why is everybody so tense? The High Lord orders diviners to be sent to scan the area for magical auras or other clues. A contingent of Warriors should also be set up outside the town limits to serve as a command post. A conjurer with teleportation would be well-advised to be brought along so in the event the force is overwhelmed, a witness can make their escape.

Wyrm's Gullet

The stance of the golem relaxes as he begins to make conversation. One could scour this whole world and find only passing references to our existence. No, our Empire has no holding on Kulomen, nor has it ever. Though perhaps that might change in a few decades, for better or for worse. The Empire of the Eternal Eclipse hails from the faraway world of Emanacal. A lush, temperate world upon which there is no square inch that my father the High Lord does not hold absolute sovereignty over.

But enough positioning. I am afraid I mislead you, and for this I do apologize. The Empire of the Eternal Eclipse is ruled by dragons, of whom I am one. The golem body before you is my proxy, through which I convey my words and thoughts. For all intents and purposes, this golem body is no less me than the Avolakia I see before me is you. Again I do apologize as misleading you was not my intent. I do come in good faith and wish to do business.
    Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2014-01-25 at 05:53 PM.

27. - Top - End - #207

SwashbucklerGuy

Usabhar makes an idle nod at the chieftain's words. Though the dwarf could wait for the oracle to finish her meditation, he does not wish to have his kingdom be without him for longer than needed. If this vision of the oracle's will be important to Sargti then it should be worthwhile to head to the tower. Coming back to Il'Kaenen at a later time will be time-consuming due to the traveling. Get it over with now, or don't and simply let this "shadow of time" come when it may.

"Then I shall see her," Usabhar states bluntly as he makes his leave of the throne room and to the oracle's tower. Despite how he sounds, he has his respect for the oracle should she have something he should know. When he reaches the tower, should he be allowed, he lets himself wait for the oracle to notice him before he goes to discuss the matter of the vision.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Sorry for the short post, been something of a lazy day and don't really feel like Nasiri has much to add in at the moment. Will try for something better next time though.

28. - Top - End - #208
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

The Evergold: Neither of you seem to shrink as you approach the tiny ring, though your suspicions are confirmed the moment you pass over it. At once, your forms shrink to sizes beyond imagining as the room around you seems to expand further and further, blurring as it approaches the edge of your view and then vanishing altogether.

Falling or flying downwards through the empty void, the ring of twigs seems larger in diameter that the world root was at its largest, petrified with age and engraved in countless layers of sylvan enchantments over separate layers of bark. A luminous silver liquid passes through the phloem of this loop, giving the entire assembly an effect not dissimilar from veins. As you look longer, however, the apparently random positioning of these veins forms works similar to constellations, with large and tightly-wound spirals giving off vast light at regular intervals.

In the center of the loop rests a full world, a wild expanse covered in forests, hilly meadows, and oceans. Several layers of soft and fluffy clouds and a low morning mist serve to slow down fliers and soften falls. Even from high above, your superior senses can see vast numbers of fey and unrecognizable fey-like creatures congregating directly below you in what looks like a hilly, stone-laden field.

Upon your landing, you can get a better look at your surroundings. While certainly out in the wilderness, nothing about the area seems quite "wild". The field is a perfectly circular clearing in a dense, frosty forest where the canopy winds over each path with the perfect aesthetic sense of a royal banner. Celestica spots several of the more pleasant aromatic flowers from the material plane interspersed amongst the uniform-length grass, filling the air with an intoxicating perfume.

The area is chilly and dark, exposed to less of the wooden ring's light and warmth than most of the sphere. To counter the darkness, winding coiils of glowing vines have been gathered within rings of stones prepared for sitting. At least fifty such circles (each of six stones) surrounds a sizeable stone platform in the center, 30 feet to a side.

The actual crowd is mostly humanoid, with over a hundred beings assembled. A small collection of deities (Moradin, Corellon, Yondalla, Ollidammara, Wee Jas, Obad-Hai, St. Cuthbert, Ehlonna, and a very uncomfortable Urbanus) rest up on the larger pedestal with a couple of beings you can only assume are the fey equivalent of deities (one of which is nearly invisible behind an elaborate cloak of greenery and the other of which seems to be made out of raw light).

While most fey keep to the periphery (leaving a small open ring around the sitting areas for movement, where most people are at the moment), Satyrs walk around offering wine as sprites work in teams carrying trays of food. While speech is perfectly possible, a soft music produced by fauns and grigs wafts through he air.

As you arrive on the ground, a small team of Atomies greet you, bowing down before you and motioning towards the nearest rock circle, where you are to sit when the meal begins in proper. Aelara arrives just after you, pointing out the red creepers on the seats where you are to return before heading out with the rest of the atomies.

In the crowd, the two of you can see:
    • Three of the doppelgangers that you have met earlier in a core of another world (now in their own shapes and still oddly focused on Celestica since noting her arrival.)
    • What looks like a cloud giant forcibly compressed into the rough size and shape of a human woman (feels slight pain from the spell restricting her).
    • A Mercane bearing the heraldry of Fharlaghn, busy hawking all sorts of wares (including party goods and more useful items) at what he claims are reduced prices (no particular stresses beyond trying to make money).
    • The Lumi triplets that Rahja had spoken to (pretty peaceful).
    • An outspoken cleric of Erythnul entertaining a whole crowd of dryads and onlookers with his tales (Very concerned with staying behaved and cringing at each opening others leave him to attack).
    • A gunslinger with a broad-brimmed hat wearing the holy symbols of both Vecna and Heironeous (seems to be enjoying self).
    • The former high priest of Garl Glittergold, wearing a somber outfit of black (still in mourning but curious about his surroundings in spit of himself).
    • The good lich you briefly met at the world root.
    • A group of three elves dedicated to Corellon Larethian (the second in command is familiar to Celestica, a colleague named Zakarus from Crystallia).

As the above took me the better part of an hour to write up, everyone else will get updates tomorrow. Need to rest.

29. - Top - End - #209
    Titan in the Playground

While all of the other guests are interesting, Celestica only has eyes for Zakarus, and makes her way with Rahja to speak with him. After introducing Rahja, she plies him with questions about Crystalia, finding out all that has happened since her disappearance.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

30. - Top - End - #210
    Titan in the Playground

Rahja marvels at the new surroundings, but barely has time to take everything as she is immediately dragged off by Celestica. She does greet the lumi and the lich, sending a little healing spell (well, what qualifies as a "little" one for her) to the compressed giant to make the evening a bit more comfortable for her, but soon she is standing before the elves, quite curious about them being from Crystallia. And wondering if they have been forced from their home world too and why Celestica can't return to it.