New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Barbarian in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Default Re: Episode I: A Lit Beacon (SWSE)

"I'm afraid I didn't feel anything, but if it is everyone else's will we can retreat and talk to this young woman to learn more while I tend her injuries. I am Doctor Shevan Lau. Pleased to make your acquaintance. I only wish it were under better circumstances.

When they find a place to rest, Shevan will (with the woman's permission) examine her for injuries and if appropriate apply a medpac.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Not sure what's needed, so here's a bunch of checks depending on what happens to make sure things keep moving along
    Perception to look for injuries: (1d20+7)[14]
    Life Sciences to identity injuries: (1d20+7)[21]
    Taking Ten on Treat Injury check using a medical kit, if appropriate: (24)

2. - Top - End - #62
    Dwarf in the Playground

ClericGirl

You try and direct her to sit down, but she refuses.

"No! I will not stay here. I intend to get as far away from here as I can before nightfall. If you are going to stay, leave me out of this. The big building. It has the only clear path down to the catacombs. But she is down there." The woman shudders as she continues walking.

"You can't stay away from her." The mercenary starts to chuckle. "She gets into your head."

The chuckling turns into laughter. "She never leaves. Always there, whispering into your ear."

3. - Top - End - #63
    Bugbear in the Playground

Kaz watches the woman walk away. " I don't know about the rest of you, but I thinks she's womprat poodoo crazy." She then laughs at her own joke.
    "I am the monster parents tell their children about at night.". - Loki

Loki avatar by Comissar

4. - Top - End - #64
    Orc in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Dani looked around in confusion as the others spoke of feeling a chill.

Her nostril's flared curiously. She dug around in her tool belt and idly waves an odd looking fronded flower through the air. She studied it carefully. "Well, of course there are particulates. But where to get the tools to examine them properly?"

The vong girl shrugged and replaced the flower.

She had already folded the star back up into a ball and replaced it at the back of her crabshell.

She looked around again as the disconcerting levels of insanity spread. After a moment, she commented, "I'm inclined to suspect narcotic gasses--either from the swamp or the ruin of the star ship. It would be fairly dramatic to affect people this quickly." She glanced around again. "Of course, if this is an effect of the Force, we'll know soon enough if it continues to affect you, but not I."

5. - Top - End - #65

Kaz I can't argue with you there but I think she may have given us are most important piece of information we needed. to the womans reteating back Mace asks, hey do you know the ghost womans name or what she is called or what she wants done.
    here's the link to the mando'a language

Character links

6. - Top - End - #66
    Dwarf in the Playground

ClericGirl

"The Other. Amusing games we will play alone in the dark, alone in the dark, alone in the dark..."

7. - Top - End - #67

Mace watches the crazy woman walk away for a moment, and for just a moment he entertains the idea of stunning the woman, he evan switches his blaster over to stun and starts to take aim at her, but then decided not to and drops his aim, and let her leave. He then turns to the others and asks. So what do we do now?
    Last edited by Graybacca; 2013-10-28 at 06:23 PM.

Character links

8. - Top - End - #68

Kaz shrugs her shoulders, then says "I say we keep going. It's not like we really have a choice."

Loki avatar by Comissar

9. - Top - End - #69
    Pixie in the Playground

AssassinGuy

"As much as I'd love for all of us to go back to the Sith and get executed, perhaps we should move on here. If it has to do with the force or ghosts it would explain why they are afraid of it, right?" Smirking a bit, her line both strong in sarcasm and some form of serious tone, she adjusted her gun. Watching the woman walk away, she turned around. "I do highly doubt it is toxic gas or anything as simple as that. The Sith have the resources to afford protection from that and they'd have already left. I'm curious to meet this 'Other', whatever she -or rather- it is."
    -Characters-
    Spoiler
    Show

-Campaigns-
    Spoiler
    Show

-Quotes-
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Many of the truths that we cling to depend on our point of view." - Obi-wan Kenobi
    "I might be the one walkin' away, but you're the one that's leavin'...again." - Daryl Dixon

-Others-
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #70
    Dwarf in the Playground

ClericGirl

The interior of the building the woman pointed you toward is run down and dilapidated. From what you can tell, it used to be quite spectacular, there are some gold and coral inlays that have been recently uncovered, probably by the bounty hunters and mercenaries sent here by the Sith.

From the entryway you can see two grand, vast stairways that lead up to a second floor landing. Rubble has been cleared from the center of the hall leading back to a foyer with several doors leading off of it. One of the doors has nothing behind it but a large gaping hole where the room used to be. The room across from it contains assorted camping gear: some glowsticks, liquid cable, and a cable launcher.

11. - Top - End - #71

DwarfClericGuy

"We should begin by exploring their camp, and seeing if there are any recordings or notes. That will give us an idea of where to start looking for these ancient texts, I hope."

Shevan walks towards the camp cautiously and, assuming no one is there, starts looking around.

Spoiler
    Show

Perception: (1d20+7)[8]

12. - Top - End - #72
    Pixie in the Playground

AssassinGuy

"It seems a sound plan to search their camp. Perhaps an extra pair of eyes and hand would help, Shevan? And while we are speaking, how did you end up a criminal in the eyes of the Sith?"

She said this with some form of calm to it. She hated working with other people but at this point, she had no choice, and she'd probably not want to be here alone. That feeling from earlier still seemed to linger in her mind. She was a little worried, and despite not trusting this ragtag team she was apart of, she felt a bit safer in their company.

Spoiler
    Show

Prepare for an even worse roll than yours, Hawk. I'm going to find rubble and my feet.
    (1d20+6)[21] Perception
    -Characters-
    Spoiler
    Show

-Campaigns-
    Spoiler
    Show

-Quotes-
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Many of the truths that we cling to depend on our point of view." - Obi-wan Kenobi
    "I might be the one walkin' away, but you're the one that's leavin'...again." - Daryl Dixon

-Others-
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #73

DwarfClericGuy

"Help is much appreciated, Mistress Raeth. I am used to having significantly more lighting when I am exploring for small details.

I'm certain I don't know why the Empire might consider me a criminal. I have been working as a frontier physician for the past decade, and unless I'm mistaken I do not believe providing medical care to those in need in exchange for bartered goods is a crime. I do tend to ask a lot of questions about The Force, though...perhaps that has made them uncomfortable?"

14. - Top - End - #74
    Dwarf in the Playground

ClericGirl

Reath starts going through the scattered belongings. As she overturns a campbed, a voice starts speaking:

Day Thirteen. Still no sign of the source of this damn voice. Tish heard it too. She said it told her to see if she could shoot any of us without anyone finding out. She had her pistol at Reck's head when I walked in. I started laughing.

Day Twenty-six. I killed her. I killed the Other. She thought she had me cornered and weaponless. But I always keep a spare blaster up my sleeve. *giggles* I can finally leave. I can get out of here. But first, some sleep. I haven't slept since Tish stabbed me with a vibroblade a week ago.

Day Twenty-eight. No! No! No NO!! She isn't dead! I can't leave! I have to get out of here! I have to-*blaster shot*

There is a muffled thump. Then, a short pause followed by the voice of the woman you just met.

Finally. I can leave now. They are all dead. But you promised me! You said you would keep your word! No! I won't play your games anymore! I am leaving. I am getting out of here.

With a small beep, the recorder switches off.
    Last edited by CumCaritas; 2013-10-29 at 02:37 PM.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Dwarf in the Playground

ClericGirl

As you continue searching the room, you don't find much more of use. Another three power packs, some old rations, a mostly empty bottle of Whyren's Reserve.
    Last edited by CumCaritas; 2013-10-30 at 09:47 AM.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Pixie in the Playground

AssassinGuy

"I guess this Other likes to play games... Any ideas Shevan. Toxins seem a no."

She said this as she pocketed the power packs and Whyren's Reserve. The rations were questionable but she took them too, in case.
    -Characters-
    Spoiler
    Show

-Campaigns-
    Spoiler
    Show

-Quotes-
    Spoiler
    Show

-Others-
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #77

DwarfClericGuy

"Perhaps something airborn? You're right though, a shared delusion like that as a result of a hallucinogenic toxin is possible but seems unlikely. Hmmm...interesting."

Spoiler
    Show
    Has Shevan heard of anything like this before, in his medical training or research of galactic lore?

Life Sciences: (1d20+7)[13]
    Galatic Lore: (1d20+7)[25]

18. - Top - End - #78

Kaz follows the doctor and the red haired woman, keeping her distance. It's not that she didn't trust them, well at least the doctor. The red haired woman had said that their families had some kind of ties.

Dad never mentioned anything about a Fett to me. Guess I'll have to ask him when I get back. If I get back She thought to herself.

Kaz continued to look around the campsite, not really looking for anything in particular. She had bent down to look at something when she heard a voice. She walked in the direction the voice was coming from and found the doctor and the red haired woman.

"Find anything interesting?" She asked.

Loki avatar by Comissar

19. - Top - End - #79
    Orc in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

The milky skinned girl felt a chill go down her spine when the journal entries played back. She knew she was immune to the Force--or at least, everything she'd ever studied said so. But she'd never actually put it to the test...

After a moment of poking around in the campsite, she growled. "This is disturbing. Worse than an assassin. How do you confront an enemy who can drive you mad without even existing? There must be a way to force her to confront us."

20. - Top - End - #80
    Pixie in the Playground

AssassinGuy

"Define interesting, please. A few power packs, old rations and some wonderful recordings on my part. The good doctor here and just as much success."

As she said this she let out a huff of contempt. "Now, while staying in this camp for a good few days sounds wonderful, the recordings alone make me think we shouldn't. Really rare toxins, ghosts, a Rancor... Take your pick. Either way, it'd be best to get out of here fast anyways. We only have so much food between us. Looks like we have to search ourselves. No real hints in their junk."

Hearing her other companion's words, she nodded. "A way to draw this 'Other' out would be amazing, but we have to find out how first. I guess it looks like we move on until we solve our two problems." Readjusting the grip of her blaster rifle, she checked to make sure the bayonet was fashioned properly. "Not sure if our weapons will help, but we can at least hope so. I guess we should start moving anyways."
    -Characters-
    Spoiler
    Show

-Campaigns-
    Spoiler
    Show

-Quotes-
    Spoiler
    Show

-Others-
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #81
    Dwarf in the Playground

ClericGirl

The other rooms on this floor reveal very little. Some more evidence of a war a long time ago, and a room which has been converted into a 'fresher by someone not too long ago, the mercs probably.

You can tell that there has not been anyone here for a very long time, a few hundred years, maybe more.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Orc in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

After some time of searching through the ruins, Dani sighed, "Well, I guess there's only one place left here to check."

Taking some of the liquid cable, she spooled a bit out and tied it to a sturdy protrusion not far from the room with the deep hole in it.

She removed from her utility belt a palm sized crystalline flower, looking somewhat like a lily pad. Puffing on it triggered a warm light. "Let's see what's down here, shall we?" Her staff wrapped itself around her waist again. She secured the light to her utility belt and started down the hole...

23. - Top - End - #83
    Dwarf in the Playground

ClericGirl

The hole in the floor descends down, a couple of meters. At three meters, the light starts to fade from above you. At five meters, you can barely see anything outside of your own light. And what you do see seems to be a statue. The face has eroded past being able to recognize, but it is enormous. maybe ten meters tall on its own.

Rubble from the collapsed portions of the building is piled high in the room below.

Room is not the best word it though. It is more of a chamber. Massive in size, as you explore it becomes clear that it is a massive dome by your estimation about 16 meters high.

There is evidence of a recent blaster fight, and you find a body strewn in a pile of rubble with multiple blaster wounds telling you how he died.

24. - Top - End - #84

Kaz followed Dani down the hole. On her way down she was glad that she had clipped her glow rod to her belt, she never really cared for the dark.

Once she had reached the bottom, she let out a whistle. There were many words that she could have used to describe what she had seen, but all she said was, "Wow!"

Loki avatar by Comissar

25. - Top - End - #85
    Pixie in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Following her companions down, slinging her rifle over her shoulder, she looked around the chamber. It was dark and just a moment ago she was frustrated, but she found some peace of mind in this chaos.

"This place..."

She trailed off as she gripped her gun in one hand, ready to pull it out, and examined the room. She didn't expect to find much, but she had learned to stop expecting and start doing. This planet wasn't exactly normal.

Perception roll
    Spoiler
    Show

(1d20+6)[15]
    -Characters-
    Spoiler
    Show

-Campaigns-
    Spoiler
    Show

-Quotes-
    Spoiler
    Show

-Others-
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #86
    Dwarf in the Playground

ClericGirl

As you each start poking around the dark chamber, you find a small pathway dug into one of the rock mounds. It seems to lead down a roughly hewn hallway, but you can't see very far before your light fades too much.

There is an inscription on the statue. It is in a language none of you can easily recognize.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Int check to try and determine a language.

The Merc body doesn't reveal much either, just another blaster rifle, some ruined armor, and a set of holotags identifying the man as Reck, a sergeant in the Sith Imperial Guard.

27. - Top - End - #87

Kaz completes her scan of the area. She decided to take the blaster rifle and holotags. The blaster rifle might bring her a few credits if she sold it. The holotags could get her into a lot of trouble with the Sith if she were caught with them. Then again they might reward her if she turned them in.

"Hey, there's a pathway over here. Not sure where it leads. And, uh, there's something on written on this statue. Not really sure if I can read it. But I'll give it a shot."

Spoiler
    Show
    Int check: (1d20+2)[19]

Loki avatar by Comissar

28. - Top - End - #88
    Pixie in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Spoiler
    Show

(1d20+1)[19]

(I'll post actually stuff after I see my roll, I'm using my cellphone and I'm almost home)
    -Characters-
    Spoiler
    Show

-Campaigns-
    Spoiler
    Show

-Quotes-
    Spoiler
    Show

-Others-
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #89

Mace followed the others down. Mace takes a closer look at the dead merc to see which piece of armor are still intact so he could start to piece together a armor set.

Mace also looks at the writing on the statue.

perception (1d20+7)[14]
    int. (1d20+2)[22]
    Last edited by Graybacca; 2013-11-05 at 06:01 PM.

Character links

30. - Top - End - #90
    Orc in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Dani added the light of a perfectly normal glow rod to her bio-light once she got down into the dome. Looking up, and then around, she whistled softly.

After a bit of poking around she focused on the statue, trying to decipher it.

(1d20+3)[5]