New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Default War of the Final Whisper [IC]

It is the year 4714 AR. The Inner Sea is in chaos. Chelish scholars are rumored to have unearthed an artifact of great power. With it in their possesion, Cheliax engaged in a campaign of conquest, rapidly crushing their neighboring city-states.

The rampant aggression remained unchecked until the mighty armies of Andoran and Absalom united against this common foe, gradually halting the Chelish offensive and locking the war into a bloody stalemate that lasted for over a year.

With both sides having seen horrific losses and little gain in recent months, a tenuous cease-fire was declared, with both sides pulling back from the front to lick their wounds and consolidate their forces, while reevaluating their position.

Having suffered a slew of severe defeats in the most recent stages of the campaign, Cheliax's previously iron grip on order has weakened as political rivals vie for supremacy, and numerous political groups are making plays for power. Some striving for peace, others in favour of continuing the war. Political backbiting has escalated rapidly, and there has been an attempt on the life of the Queen.

Andoran, which bore the brunt of the assault, is drained economically and militarily, and the country is undergoing severe civil disorder as the frustrated populace take to the streets in mass demonstrations and rioting. Andoran's High General, Sir Isegar Larontus, has declared martial law, and the people's once-unquestioned right to make their voices heard is being tested as the weary Andoren military suppresses much of the dissension for fear of a renewed assault from Cheliax.

Meanwhile, the Grand Council of Absalom has officially pulled their military from the conflict entirely and declared a stance of strict neutrality should the war break out once more, even going so far as to withdraw their embassies in Andoran. With a rapid influx of refugees flocking to their now-neutral cities, the cult of The Harbingers of Fate have been rapidly increasing in both power and influence. It is largely do their political maneuvering that Absalom has removed itself from the war.

Once a relatively mundane port city of some import, the City of Ardellon has the misfortune to lie squarely between the front lines of Cheliax and Andoran.

Keenly aware of their city's strategic value to both sides, the populace is terrified of their city becoming a war-zone should war break out once more. Also aware of their inability to repel the battle-hardened armies of either side, the city is attempting to make their city an official neutral meeting point, establishing embassies to both Cheliax and Andoran in the hopes that a diplomatic solution can be reached. While citizens of any nation are welcome within their walls, any threats of violence are greeted with swift, and harsh, punishment by the town guard.

As such, the city's most powerful merchant-lord, Lady Samiya Jharee, has reached out to every possible contact and source she has, attempting to find skilled agents that might allow her to prevent the warmongering parties from restarting the war and ensure her city's safety. Organizing a meeting of adventurers, mercenaries, and notable travelers, the Lady hopes to recruit a group to investigate and deal with threats to the peace and, hopefully, find out who truly is behind this war.

Among those invited are:
    -Anne de Leon, a notorious Half-Drow pirate following the scent of good pay.
    -Variel, a traveling and wizened Elven Monk from the North, seeking to teach peace and wisdom to those willing to learn.
    -Alstoemeria, Elven Slave-Wizard and loyal retainer of the Cheliaxian Noble House Loroung, sent to act in the family's interests.
    -Celeb Lane, secretly heretical Inquisitor of Arshea and freespirit, hoping for a revolution among the common people.
    -And the Tiefling Velion Thornsen, former Warmage of Andoran and afflicted with wanderlust as he seeks to find a purpose, while driven by a deep desire for knowledge.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Since this thread's not seeing much use with the live sessions doing the bulk work, merging this thread into the OOC Thread.
    Last edited by Thrair; 2013-12-22 at 01:34 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2

SwashbucklerGuy

Default Re: War of the Final Whisper [IC]

As the the day and time of the meeting approaches, the guards of the Trade-Lord begin admitting those invited to attendence, ushering them into a large room, where Lady Samiya Jharee is seated at the end of a long table.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Variel walks into the room before bowing with his right palm held to his chest, as was customary for a monk of his order when greeting a person of import. He waits to be instructed to sit at the table, preferring not to take a chair if he isn't sure if it was meant for him.
    What I say should be taken with a grain of salt, as that is the best way to serve madness!
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #4

Behind the elf comes Anne De Leon, her person completely hidden behind her hat and a thick silk cape. She boasts a fiery mane and skin tone of a delicate peach color.
    She irreverently nods to Mistress Samiya while taking a chair for herself, lazily spreading her legs on top of the table.

Spoiler
    Show
    Anne is using the Disguise Self effect of her magical hat to give her a more... civilized appearance (formal attire, no weapons visible, etc. besides the Half-Drow detail, of course). All those who interact with her can see through her disguise quite easily. DC:22 for Sense Motive or Will save DC:11.

5. - Top - End - #5

Velion Thornsen enters the room, giving a quiet nod and a small smile to Mistress Samiya before quietly slinking to a chair.

He is a tall man of obvious fiendish decent. His hair is an unnaturally bright red that should make him stand out, despite this, he seems withdrawn and unnoticeable. Scales are visible along the edge of his collar, and his eyes are slitted. He possesses a pair of feathered wings, shaded through red, purple, and blue. However, they appear too small to support him. A scaled tail reaches out of his coat and adjusts his chair as he sits. He wears a long dark coat, well-made but quite functional. Under it he wears a bandolier from which hangs a few wands and a spell component pouch and a silvery chain shirt. His clothing under his armor shows some wear, but is still impressive finery. An emblem of the Andoran army is pinned to his spell component pouch. On his other side hangs a scabbard, with a blade that seems just a little off. As he smiles at Mistress Samiya, pointed teeth are visible for a moment.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Barbarian in the Playground

CALEB LANE

A candle burned, it's flame only a whisper of light. The young man sat exposed before its light, and exposed before the eyes of his god. A chill sent a shiver down his bare spine.
    TAB "Mon Lane," the young acolyte said softly. "The high priest has requested your services." She blushed slightly when Caleb turned to meet her, but at least she did not avert her eyes. How funny, he thought to himself, as the rumors flying about the halls placed her as a dull and passionless lover. He knew these rumors to be true, for he started them.
    TAB "Thank you," he replied in a voice barely above a casual whisper. She handed him a letter, which he briefly scanned. "Who is this Lady Samiya Jharee? I do not recognize the name." He raised a brow when the girl only shrugged. "No matter, I shall meet her shortly."
    Caleb Lane followed in fourth, his head held high and his shoulders stiff. He wore a black tabard, trimmed in silver and which sported a silver rose across his chest. The mail shirt he wore beneath it shimmered slightly. His expression remained dubious, yet placid enough, only marred by the large purple blemish across his right cheek. He remained standing, stiff and uncomfortable.
    Last edited by bryn0528; 2013-10-12 at 07:54 PM.

7. - Top - End - #7

Devil

Alstroemeria arrived quite punctually. As usual for her, she had a cantrip for the detection of magic active, which she'd long ago learned was a good (but not perfect) way of identifying threats. Even common rowdies and brawlers had a tendency to acquire magical weaponry, and typically the best of these ended up in the hands of the best fighters. Shozin trailed behind her, acting in the role of porter, grumbling only slightly under the not-too-great weight of her baggage but occasionally having to augment its pace with a skip and a flutter of wings to keep up with hers.

Upon spying Lady Samiya, Alstroemeria graced her with a very slight smile and a nod of the head. The social etiquette was chancy. To not show the slightest measure of inferiority would be to hold a great lady equal to a slave, or even the host equal to the guest, yet Alstroemeria was a representative of House Leroung, and to show too great a measure would be to hold the House inferior as well. As always, she found that a dash of expression served better than a splash of it, and a pinch best of all. Besides, Alstroemeria had already met Lady Samiya and taken her measure. She seemed coarse and unlearned, but then most of the world seemed that way. What was important, to Alstroemeria, was that Lady Samiya was not the sort to take petty offense over a minor social faux-pas, and that she was worthy of genuine respect, rather than just situational. The other guests received nods without a hint of a smile, and the various servants just the barest hint of an inclined head to acknowledge their existence. The red-headed woman planting her boots on the fine tablecloth (which would no doubt be the subject of hours of cleaning by servants) merited a longer, quite inscrutable gaze, but nothing further.

Description:
    Spoiler
    Show
    6'3", somewhat bony elven women, with hair tied up in a bun and hints of grey in it. She's wearing scholar's robes (black with red trim, a bit like a RL graduation gown). Her most notable feature is a slave's brand on her cheek, marking her as property of some noble house, and I guess some DC of knowledge (nobility) might be able to identify it.

Shozin is a small creature trailing behind her carrying her bag. It has brown leather skin, a toothy mouth, horns coming out of its forehead, and bat-wings. It's dressed only in a loincloth.

Spellcraft to identify the illusion effect in place on Anne as a hat of disguise in action:
    Taking 10 + 19 modifier = 29 against DC 16, if I'm not mistaken.
    Will save to disbelieve: [roll]d20 + 7[/roll]
    EDIT: LET'S TRY THAT AGAIN WITHOUT THE SPACES. (1d20+7)[10]
    2nd edit: It won't work! WHHHYYYYYYYY?!?!?!?1
    3rd edit: Let's try this. (1d20+7)[15]
    4th edit: .... okay, so 1st edit roll didn't work the first time because you can't make a roll in an edit. 3rd edit was me reposting the entire thing and deleting the original and making a new roll, and like an idiot not realizing that the 1st-edit roll would now go off. So now I've got two rolls? Take your pick, though, either passes.

FLAWLESS VICTORY!
    5th edit: .... wait, one doesn't pass. CARP!
    6th edit: Um, this is all bryn's fault. Ask him. He promised he'd back me up on it.
    Last edited by Reltzik; 2013-10-12 at 08:08 PM.
    I'm not an evil GM! Honest!

8. - Top - End - #8

SwashbucklerGuy

Regarding Alstroemeria with a slight nod, Lady Samiya waited for the remaining two guests to arrive.

The first was an elderly man, well-dressed, with glasses and a silken scarf. A silver holy symbol hung from a chain on his wrist. He bowed as he entered, then took a seat near to Samiya.

The second was a gruff, yet well-groomed, Half-Orc in a crisp mercenary uniform. Gazing across the room with suspicion, he took a seat with his back the wall, facing the door.

Once they had arrived, Lady Samiya motioned for those still standing to be seated.

"Since this is no formal gathering," Samiya smirked apologetically to Alstroemeria, "allow me to cut the pleasantries and cut to the point why I invited you all to my home. This war has cost much, on all sides. While already one of the largest wars in the inner sea has seen in recent memory, it has the potential to become far worse, should the cease-fire break. My city would not survive."
    Scowling, Samiya rose out of her seat and put her palms on the table.
    "I aim to prevent that. Warmongers from many parties are eager to disrupt the peace. Already, several incidents along the border have threatened to shatter this fragile little truce. Each of you has some skillset or knowledge suited to investigating and dealing with the source of these. If preventing a war is not enough to get your attention, I can offer you no small amount of wealth from my treasury. All I ask in return is that you put aside any national or regional bull**** you might have with one another, while in my employ. What say you?"

Spoiler
    Show
    I might be mistaken, but I don't think Disguise Self allows for a disbelief save (A successful disbelief save negates the effects of an illusion spell). I think all a successful save does against Disguise Self is make you aware that it's an illusion. To see what the illusion was masking, you would have to dispel the illusion in some way, or have an ability like True-Seeing.

*EDIT* And the built-in profanity filter kinda disrupts a narrative, somewhat. Pulp Fiction wouldn't be the same with censor bleeps covering every other word. (I saw a video on youtube. Pulp Fiction's swearing alone totals at over 3 minutes. Not the rest of the lines. Just the cursing on it's own. With no pauses... )
    Last edited by Thrair; 2013-10-12 at 09:33 PM.

9. - Top - End - #9

Devil

"I understand that you have already made the appropriate arrangements with my masters," Alstroemeria said, "which means you have my own agreement. I have never been a nationalist and I doubt I have the slightest measure of bovine excrement that needs relocating on the subject, but if I should detect it I shall remove it. I would note that if these hawkish inciters are indeed violating the truce against the orders and promises of their respective lieges, for the purpose of usurping to themselves from their crown the power to initiate war, it would be no less than act of high treason, and any loyalist, on any side, should wish to see them drawn and quartered."

Spoiler
    Show
    SO IT WAS ALL FOR NOTHING THEN.

Actually, no, it taught me what to do. It taught me to TAKE 10 WHENEVER POSSIBLE!

Knowledge(religion) check to identify the holy symbol on the old NPC: 27
    Knowledge(religion) check to know who HE is. (That's the right check for a well placed member of a church heirarchy, correct? If it's local instead, subtract 5.) 27
    Knowledge(nobility) check to identify the mercenary company belonging to the uniform of the military man and to pick out his rank in it. ....er, military orc. .... half-orc. 22
    Knowledge(nobility) to identify the half-orc. 22
    I've got the same mod for Knowledge (local) as (nobility), so just use those rolls if that's the appropriate skill.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

Variel gives a soft chuckle at the expletive and announces that "Lady Samiya, as you already know, my duty is to the people. You have my oath that politics will not interfere with my cooperation."

Preferring to stand, he lets down the hood of his grey elven cloak to reveal his shoulder-length hair, the color of fresh snow, and his skin with a similar paleness. His eyes with pale blue irises shine as his mirth reaches them and he gives the slightest of smiles as he continues with his declaration "And you can trust me to assist even without the promise of coins." The elf is extremely tall, at six foot four, but whisper thin and his motions belie a practiced grace as he walks nearer the table to make his presence more known.
    What I say should be taken with a grain of salt, as that is the best way to serve madness!
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #11
    Barbarian in the Playground

CALEB LANE
    He stood there for a moment, thinking, but perhaps not as long as you might think. He smiled politely and said, "Arshea's will is that of the people. I have prayed to my god for guidance and he has shown me it." Perhaps, a momentary flare in his eyes, and then the peaceful vision returned. "I will assist your endeavors."

12. - Top - End - #12

Anne nods the top of her hat to Lady Samiya in the same air of disregard she had poised so far. "A pirate's loyalty lies where it is richest. You won me over with the gift basket, but 'no small amount' helps. A lot." Her tongue is honeyed and her eyes glint like spinning gold coins when she speaks these next words.

"However, contrary to our illustrious company we woman of business and labor, I know you will agree. In that spirit I have a counter-proposition to yours. Accept my word of honor that I wish for no absurd rewards or unsustainable agreements, only the gold needed to complete our task. Do that and my skills are at your service." Her voice became so soft, almost like a purr, at her last sentence.

"One day we may even come closer to liking each other. A partnership, perhaps. Or a sisterhood." Her smile has a sinister undertone filled with hidden ambition and suppressed avarice.

13. - Top - End - #13

"This war has cost too much to too many. It must end" Velion says quietly. He seems happy with that short utterance, and returns to gazing at the table. His teeth are quite obviously predatory when he speaks this time.

14. - Top - End - #14

SwashbucklerGuy

Resting his chin on his hand, the elderly priest let out a deep sigh.
    Raising his eyes to Samiya, he spoke in tones of calm and casual authority, "Our Church will need time to consider this proposal, I think. Church policy, especially in times as these, is not readily agreed upon. Though I can skirt doctrine, perhaps. What scholarly aid I can remotely provide is yours. More than that, I cannot promise."

Falling back into her chair, Lady Samiya nodded, "I understand, Isaac. Thank you. As for everyone else, it is agreed. We shall work together to prevent this war."
    Her gaze lingering on Anne, she continued, "You shall all be provided with the funds required to undertake the missions and assignments I send you on, as well as whatever information I can provide. Of that, you have my word."

Leaning forward, she rested her elbow on the hilt of her sword, thinking aloud, "Yes, we might have a chance."
    Glancing back up, she regarded the assembled group with a stern gaze.
    "I'm sure you all have questions. Now's the time to ask."
    Last edited by Thrair; 2013-10-14 at 02:24 AM.

15. - Top - End - #15

Devil

"Three questions, if I may," Alstroemeria put in. "One that may be answered briefly, and two that you may find suitable to postpone until the simpler questions are addressed. First, are you collaborating with the respective crowns in this endeavor, and if so to what degree? I can see merits for or against coordination of efforts and do not wish to suggest in either wise, but it could be useful for us to know which pieces on the board are counted as allied. Second, you have spoken only generally of agencies agitating and maneuvering for a renewal of war. What specifics can you provide? And thirdly, by what means did you come by these specifics?"

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

Variel poses his question after Alstroemeria finishes. "I would ask as to what capacity we are expected to act. Should we discover perpetrators, are we to apprehend them?"
    Last edited by Batpope Scott; 2013-10-14 at 04:46 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #17

SwashbucklerGuy

Shifting to a more formal tone, Samiya responded with signs of weariness, "Your first inquiry is readily answered: I am not. Andoran's political climate is in utter chaos. The next Supreme Elect may even be the warmonger, Isegar, though I sincerely hope not. As for Queen Abrogail Thrune II, I was able to establish some discussion with her agents and advisers, but that evaporated when an attempt was made on her life. I've heard little since."

"As to your second question, there are too many groups and individuals attempting to renew the war for their own purposes. I cannot name, or even locate, them all. Though I can name the first of the groups I wish to deal with. A band of thieves and murderers have been skirmishing with both sides, under the guise of the other. Thus far, their attempts have been rather clumsy and easily perceived, but it is raising tension between Andoran and Cheliax. I see little profit in their actions, which leads me to believe they are working for another. I have not yet discovered whom."

Directing her hand to the Half-Orc soldier, who uttered a grunt of disinterest, she continued, "As to the final query of you and Variel, I direct you to Captain Vorn. He has been investigating the bandit group for me, after the loss of several of his friends to their raids. Following my own investigation into the black markets, of which I have a degree of skill as a merchant, he was able to track some of them back to a camp several miles outside the city. They appear to have set up a base in a small network of caverns in the woods. My first task for this group is to proceed to this bandit camp, defeat or capture their members, and search those caves for any information as to whom they are working for. And why."

Directing her gaze to the rest of the room she asked aloud, "Any further questions, especially pertaining to this first mission?"

Spoiler
    Show
    When speaking to Alstromeria, she shifted to a formal tone and manner, carefully addressing the Cheliaxian Queen by her full name and title. Side note, retconned OP slightly. Forgot Cheliax, while an empire, was ruled by a Queen under current lore. My bad.
    Last edited by Thrair; 2013-10-14 at 04:55 PM.

18. - Top - End - #18

Anne has a deep interest in political affairs, specially when they are ripe with the chance to make a profit. However, she thinks this has been dragged more than it needed, being an impatient person at her core. "Excellent! If the good Captain Vorn was to point us in the right direction I am sure this query will be a far easier prey."

She straighten herself in the chair, now looking rather rapine in a disturbing comparison to her relaxed and lazy poise so far. "When are you expecting us to leave, my good Lady Samiya? Tomorrow, tonight, this instant?" Her voice is laden with false sarcasm, telling that Anne has really no objections to going after the bandits right away.

Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry everyone, I was sure I posted yesterday! I think it didn't go through. Let's put this show on the road, huh!

19. - Top - End - #19

SwashbucklerGuy

"If you wish to leave now, so much the better. The sooner this threat is dealt with, the better", Samiya said, a grim smirk crossing her face, not quite reaching her eyes.
    "And here I thought the first concern would be a matter of pay. Speaking of such: 1500g for successfully clearing out this encampment and 50g per prisoner brought in alive. And an additional 1500g for bringing back information that leads to whomever is behind this."

Standing to address the chamber, she looked once more at each of the assembled party.
    "Thank you. And good luck."

With a grace belying his large frame, Captain Vorn stood and walked to the doors of the chamber. Over his shoulder, he called out, "Those of ya that are comin', meet me at the north gates tomorrow mornin', a'right?"

20. - Top - End - #20

Devil

"I shall be there at dawn," Alstroemeria called after Captain Vorn. Then to Lady Samiya, "Would it be untoward if I approached Isaac for further discussion at a future date? There are several questions regarding the philosophy of magic which I have not yet had time to pursue, and I imagine he may be learned on the subject. And the discussion might offer the opportunity to tease out the details of who in his church oppose your offer, and why they do so, and what might move them to do otherwise."

21. - Top - End - #21

Anne will step up in a short fluid move and leave in large steps, paying but a hand-wave to the others present before tapping the Half-Orc on his broad shoulders and sending him a kiss. "You can count me on that, sugar. See you all around."

Just like that she strolls away.

22. - Top - End - #22

"I shall see you then. I look forward to it. Destruction for its own sake is never to be valued." With these clipped sentences, Velion rises, gives a bow to Lady Samiya and strides out of the room.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

Variel gives a passing glance to the others' departure and, to the half-orc, says "I will be there as well. I hope the rest of your day is pleasant, Captain Vorn." He looks back to the merchant-lord and states "When you originally spoke to me, I didn't suspect I would be called to subdue bandits." He pauses, but then chuckles before adding "Not that I'm complaining. It will be a nice change of pace to have a task requiring me to be involved."

The monk walks over to the door as well, stating that "I will be spending the rest of the day down at the inn. I promised the barkeep that I would come help him today if I had time."
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #24

SwashbucklerGuy

The Half-orc turned and gave Variel a curious look before nodding his head respectfully and continuing out the door.

Before Variel could leave entirely, Lady Samiya called for him to wait. Standing from her seat, she walked over and explained, "I do not mean for you to take part in hostilities if it is not your desire. You were hired as much for diplomatic skills and insight. With luck, you may be able to talk sense into these men and women without resorting to violence. That said, I aim to have this dealt with swiftly. With their cooperation or without. Good day, and good luck."

With a tired look, Samiya left and proceeded deeper into her Manor, pulling out papers as she went.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

"I will do my best, Lady Samiya." Variel gives a benign smile before continuing out. As he heads to a nearby inn, where he'd been previously in the day, he thinks to himself that the merchant-lord has an interesting amount of trust in the peaceful ways of a snow elf. His face loses it's normal smile as he thinks of home.
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #26

Devil

Alstroemeria noted the departure of Lady Samiya, and concluded that she did not look kindly on the offer to talk to Isaac. Fair enough, that was her right to decide. With a sigh, she cast a minor prestidigitation to clean the tablecloth, motioned Shozin to follow her, and returned to her humble accommodations at a nearby inn.

27. - Top - End - #27

SwashbucklerGuy

The next day, at the stated time, only three of the party appeared at the north gate: Velion, Anne, and Alstromeria. With no sign of the others, Vorn proceeded to lead the way to the bandit camp. Late in the afternoon, the came at last to the Cavern's entrance, finding the out camp guarded by a lone sentry.

Excerpt from the Bardic Ballads of Jonas the Minstrel:

Anne snuck forward, closed the gap
    And clubbed the sentry, with a sap

The party moving, forward went
    Alerting guards, inside the tent

With great anger, they stood their ground
    Demanding surrender, they called aloud

Without fear, Anne merely scowled
    Drawing her gun, she found it fouled

With great haste, the party fought
    The guard's poor efforts, were to naught

The second guard, he was not brave
    And swiftly fled, into the cave

Moving swiftly, they did not tarry
    And took off running, for their quarry

In the tunnels, long and narrow
    They were beset, by many arrows

Fighting fiercely, the party won
    Breaking ranks, the bandits run

But came an Orc, mean and large
    Seeing enemies, he then did charge

Into the fray, went many spells
    Filling the cave, with grunts and yells

From behind, there came a twit
    Loosing fire, without wit

As he approached, the fight did end
    And quickly he fled, around the bend

With few left, the battle closed
    One fool mocked, he then was hosed

With their actions, they saved the day
    Grinning madly, they'd earned their pay*

*Editor's Note: Jonas the Bard was lynched following the recital of his horrid ballad, a feat more appreciated than that he sang of.

28. - Top - End - #28

Anne found the fight refreshing, even if they did get caught up in the middle of it and forgot all about the strategy side. A shame, really, but she was never the person to "strategize" things out. It will be something to be worked on later, she thought absent-minded while checking the sharpness of a short sword one of the of the bandits had. It was not bad, not bad at all, she decided keeping it even.

"
    These people are well armed, well equipped and well led. They aren't simple thugs, that's for sure. Have you people found out anything of use so far? These trinkets are entertaining, but most of it is just low-life swag. It bores me..."

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    I will start formatting my posts to make it easier to find them. :3

29. - Top - End - #29

Devil

Alstroemeria waved away the last traces of noxious smoke and tapped tenderly at what were hopefully only first-degree burns. Her equipment wasn't damaged, which was good. She would heal to remain of service, but the equipment would not. Her fingers probed up to her slave brand. She'd need a glass to be sure, but it did not feel to have been overly disfigured from the fireball.

"Nothing yet. It appears that the arcanist made good his escape. Shozin's up top keeping an eye out, but I have no high hopes. But with luck, he was forced to leave behind a spellbook. A backup, if not his primary grimoire. It might be useful for scrying." Alstroemeria's eyes glittered with what she would have claimed was a desire for knowledge but which in fact was little-distinct from avarice. "He came from this direction, I believe. ... I'm not used to these close-quarters fights. Wide open battlefields are a different experience entirely."

Spoiler
    Show
    Making a search check, but I'm not going to open any drawers or chests just yet. Traps and whatnot. (1d20+3)[19]. Also, detect magic.

30. - Top - End - #30

Anne is right behind the witch, following as she does her "magic stuff" in search for other valuable magic stuff. When she stops at the fancy table and find it locked, Anne gives the widest kitty grin that can fit a face.

"You found something for me there, sweetheart? If ya need a daft pair of fingers to open that tight lock of yours ya just give me a yelp, sugarpie." She purrs the words too close to Alstroemeria's pointed ears for comfort, quickly stepping back. She goes on a mock tour around the room to look for more evidence while giggling madly hidden under her hat.
    Last edited by Baveboi; 2013-10-24 at 05:37 PM.