New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: PTU: Of Ambitions and Glory

Falling to her knees, Morgane covers up her mouth, trying desperately not to scream and bring more attention to herself. Unfortunately, that also means that she loosens her grip on the bulbed pokemon and the egg she was carrying. She trembles in place, not knowing what to do. One thing she knows for a fact is that she and Melody have no power to even touch the giant, and that scares her to no end.
    Last edited by wqsaey; 2013-11-04 at 09:54 PM.
    Thank you to Kymme for my custom avatar, used for In the Shadows of Greatness: Persona M&M!

2. - Top - End - #62
    Titan in the Playground

As he applies his potion, Cain speaks up to the girl while he focuses on his wound. "Hey, Morgan, right? Look, I'm not keen on ending up like splatter-chest over there. You want to live, you gotta fight for that right. Now get up and help me keep us on this side of the Void." He tosses the empty bottle into his pack and looks over at her, checking for the response.
    Awesome avatar by Cuthalion

Spoiler: Old Avatars
    Show

By Ceika, Ceika, Linklel (Except for one that appears to be lost to time)

3. - Top - End - #63
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

The beast screams as its five tendrils in sight writhe, the one hurt healing even as you wound it (it also seems to be the one with the dead man attached, just to note). All five come sailing down at Cain and Sarin, and even as Melody grows, even as Morgane tries not to scream, even as they duck-well, the blows never hit. Instead, a roar that shakes the forest and city sounds about you both, and a giant steel head takes the blow meant for you, tendrils bouncing off weakly. Behind you both is a girl in white, standing atop an aggron's shoulder and with two others panthing behind her, finally catching up to the fight.
    "I'm going to give you one chance, creature. Submit peacefully, or find out how hard a master of steel types can truly be."
    Jasmine, Paul, and Dixie have entered the fray.

Meanwhile, Eli seeks other ways out. There are free ferries to some nearby islands, a second gate that doesn't seem to have a giant monster in it, or some strange looking people in gaudy attire a bit further down the street.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ogre in the Playground

> Eli: Take the second gate_

When you come upon another gate, you pause. It seems there isn't anything TOO monstrous here. You decide to go through it.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Titan in the Playground

Cain braces for the attack. He'd lived a good life for its length. Spent it studying and training, certainly not wasted from a philosophical perspective. Could have been more adventurous at times. Should have hit on- hey, where'd the light go? Cain looks up, seeing the hulking creature protecting them, and the local Leader atop it. "Morning Miss Jasmine." His voice shakes a bit, though less so than the few times he had to speak to Sabrina back home. "If you can deal with the main body, we can take the roots out. It seems to be healing from the earth." The trainer and mon go back to work, focusing their powers on the roots of the sprout.

Spoiler
    Show
    Confusion
    AC: (1d20)[10] 2+3, 19-20 Confuse
    (1d8+19)[27]

AC: (1d20)[20] 2+3, 19-20 Confuse
    (2d6+20)[24] +22 crit
    Last edited by Esprit15; 2013-11-05 at 03:35 PM.

Show

6. - Top - End - #66
    Barbarian in the Playground

Dixie skids to a stop next to a boy with powerful red eyes, and isn't entirely happy she hurried to get here. Before her is a rampaging bellsprout monster. It waves a bloodied, dying man with one tendril and looks for more prey with its others. Dixie's mouth hangs agape, unable to form words.

Until she sees the Aggron beside her, that is. Jasmine's voice fills Dixie with confidence. She puts her pokemon's ball directly next to her lips and whispers, "Let's do this. Be brave, Poofy."

The small, sheep-like pokemon bursts forth from red light. "REEEEP!"

7. - Top - End - #67
    Titan in the Playground

Paul releases the small cow Wooper in a flash of light, prepared to tell the small Pokemon to do its best to slow down the hulking monolith of a Bellsprout.

Fortunately, the appearance of Jasmine stops him from ordering the (likely suicidal) attack.

Wait for now Daisy, he mutters, waiving the Wooper back from spraying mud. Let's see what a Gym Leader can do.
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM

8. - Top - End - #68
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

(Not going to get a chance to later today, so post whenever, W. Seven vines remain!)

Two more tendrils shred, and the beast shrieks in pain again, trying to lash back out. It shrieks even louder as the steelix clamps down with it's mouth, tearing it out of the ground forcibly. In vain, it tries to find purchase.
    "Thank you. Would your group mind pruning the other tendrils too, please, if only to speed this up? I'll keep it from focusing on you too much."
    The giant beast tries to pass it by, aiming at Cain and Sarin again with a pair of tendrils.
    (1d20)[7]
    (2d6+22)[30]
    (1d20)[8]
    (2d6+22)[27]
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2013-11-06 at 02:13 PM.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Titan in the Playground

"Hey, new arrivals! Rather than gawking, how about you Muking help us!" Cain motions Sarin behind him as the trainer applies another potion to himself. "Double Team, Sarin. You won't stay up after another hit like that." The Ralts grows blurry.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Another 20 HP healed on Cain

Sarin used Double Team

Show

10. - Top - End - #70
    Titan in the Playground

Paul almost rolls his eyes. Gawking, no. Giving the plant a chance to not die in wave after wave of muddy destruction, yes.

The frustration of the past few days pours out of Paul as he gestures towards the Bellsprout.

Daisy, take it out! Mud Shot! he shouts, the Wooper obliging by spraying water into the ground, forcing a mighty jet of mud up to slam into one of the tendrils.

Spoiler: Mud Shot
    Show

(1d20)[20] AC: 3, -1 Speed on hit
    (3d6+26)[38] Special Ground
    And we have a crit. Add 21 to that.

At the same time Paul tries to focus his roiling mind, attempting to force entry into the mind of the Bellsprout. If he could make a connection, maybe he could end this quicker.

Spoiler: Channel (Hah)
    Show
    DC of 20. I'll be using 1 AP to add 1 to the roll.
    (3d6+6)[16]
    Last edited by Arcran; 2013-11-06 at 04:35 PM.

Show

11. - Top - End - #71
    Orc in the Playground

Although Morgane wasn't receptive to Cain's words, the arrival of Jasmine confidently riding atop a towering gray beast somehow tamed Morgane's agitated nerves, maybe because of the dominant aura the lady was radiating. For a moment, Morgane just looked wondrously at her but snapped out of her daze to finally get some clear thoughts.

After pondering for a good while, she whispers softly, "Melody, ready yourself. I know that this isn't a very good match-up, but if something unexpected happens to the rest, we have to be ready." The little Budew responds by absorbing some sunlight, puffing up adorably. "Oh, and take a Wiki Berry. Be careful with it. I know you like them, but I only have one more left."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Morgane crouches down to set aside the Bulbasaur and egg in a spot behind some still-standing (albeit dying) shrubbery. "Sorry about this, but wait here and look after my egg, okay? It's precious to me. I'll give you something yummy later." She tries to show a brave smile to the frightened pokemon and turns back around to the Bellsprout.

Making sure that Melody is strapped in tight, Morgane gets ready to make her move. Apologetically, she hugs Melody to her chest. "You're going to scold me afterwards, but forgive me." She bolts to the side of the giant, trying to use any distraction by the others to get around undetected. Melody isn't too thrilled about being swung about, however.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Sorry, real-life stuff made the last few days miserable. I did read everything, but just couldn't bring myself to make a post.

Morgane's action:
    1. Gives Melody a Wiki Berry to hold.

Melody's action:
    1. Growth (Self, +1 ATK and SATK combat stages)
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Morgane's action:
    1. Sprints (so 7 overland movement speed for this round instead of default 5) to behind the Bellsprout. Here's a Stealth check to get behind without the Bellsprout noticing: (2d6+1)[3]. I'm gonna assume you want acrobatics and athletics checks too, so Acrobatics: (3d6+1)[14] and Athletics: (2d6+1)[12].

Melody's action:
    2. Holds on for dear life.
    Thank you to Kymme for my custom avatar, used for In the Shadows of Greatness: Persona M&M!

12. - Top - End - #72

Poofy can't do a lick of damage against this behemoth, and angering it would only make it crush my pokemon like a grape. Dixie watches the young girl charge her steel-type heroically into battle. But... I can't just sit here. If I'm not going to help attack, I can at least hold it still for everyone else!

"Poofy!" Dixie barks. Her pokemon stiffens up in response, fiercely ready for battle. "Lock 'em up!"

The mareep charges forward ((to the outer edge of the move's range)) before sending a wave of electrical currents into the ground. Yellow and blue arching sparks bounce across the dirt, scramble up the monstrous pokemon, and sizzle and pop as they damage its tendrils.

Spoiler
    Show
    Poofy uses Thunder Wave on the Bellsprout monster! This exhausts Poofy's one use of Thunder Wave this battle.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Sarin scatters in a few different directions as Daisy, with a mighty moo, shoots a blast of mud that severs an incoming tendril. Meanwhile, Morgane sprints at the giant, managing to be ignored by it as there is a giant steel snake latched onto its stomach, a bunch of people smacking it, and it's now in the middle of minor seizures. Meanwhile, Jasmine hops off the aggron as it shreds another pair with ease.
    Paul brushes his mind against the monster's, and it is...incredibly young, you feel in the instant you connect. Creatures swarm at its feet, hurting it when it simply wants to feed for the first time it has lived. Nipping pests, swat them all, eat them all, MAKE THEM LEAVE TO FEAST!
    With that last portion, he loses connection with the monstrous creature that simply knows nothing about the world. Nothing about people, of other pokemon, of anything but the hunger of a newborn.
    (1d20)[9]-paralysis check, dc 5
    If that passes, the following occur
    (1d20)[19]-flash, Daisy
    (1d20)[19]-flash, Daisy
    (1d20)[20]-flash, Poofy
    (1d20)[19]-vine whip, Sarin #(1d4)[4] of (1d4)[4]
    (2d6+22)[31]

Meanwhile, on a much, much less panic filled route, Eli heads out with his charmander Bobby, until sounds of scraping claws nearby are heard. You look around, trying to see if another creature is about to go on a rampage, when you see a sandy, tan head break the nearby soil and claws cut a root to chew on.
    Oh, hey! Sandshrew!

14. - Top - End - #74
    Titan in the Playground

The vine slams into the poor Ralts. "Sarin!" Cain pulls out a Great Ball and propels it at the Bellsprout. It clearly wasn't owned, at least they could catch it and then decide what to do with it then.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Great Ball
    AC: (1d20)[6] 6, Status
    Capture: (1d100-5)[14]

Show

15. - Top - End - #75
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

While his aim is true, a leafy frond sprouts from a tendril and bats the greatball backat Cain. Apparently, the only way through was through the vines.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Titan in the Playground

Paul recoils at the mind of the creature. It would seem reasoning with it may be out of the question, but he could still try. Not expecting results, he tries to connect to the mind of the monster again.

Spoiler: Channel
    Show
    Going to burn an AP again, DC 20
    (3d6+6)[17]

Paul looks at Daisy, her eyes wide as she staggers about, mooing frantically. Daisy, Sludge Bomb! he shouts, directing her towards another vine, hoping that she'll luck out and remove another tendril.

Spoiler: Sludge Bomb
    Show
    (1d20-2)[14] AC: 2
    Damage: (3d8+26)[41]
    Poison, Special

Show

17. - Top - End - #77
    Orc in the Playground

"You're doing great, Melody, just hold on. Boost yourself up if you can," Morgane mutters in between heavy breaths. It takes a heavy amount of concentration after running around the violent Bellsprout, but she thinks she manages to find a blind spot on its back.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Morgane's actions:
    1. Morgane continues sprinting (I don't know if that's a persistent boost, but I'm gonna assume it's not) and tries to finally get around the hulking beast, looking for any blind spots that would allow her to climb up.

Spoiler: Skill Checks
    Show
    Perception to see if the point Morgane finds is actually a blind spot: (2d6+1)[9]
    Focus for concentration if that would help: (3d6+3)[16]
    Intuition just in case she gets doubts (regardless if they're well-founded or not): (3d6+3)[15]

Melody's actions:
    1. Growth (+1 combat stage to ATK and SATK)

18. - Top - End - #78

The mareep is dazed by the flashing lights, but shakes it off and does its best to keep the target in its sights. "C'mon Poofy, Thundershock attack!" Dixie calls from a safe distance.

Spoiler
    Show
    Poofy's Thundershock:
    AC: (1d20-1)[15], needs 2.
    Damage: (2d6+23)[32].
    Again, Poofy stands at the outer-edge of the move's range.

Dixie gawks at the kid beside her throwing a pokeball at the creature. Dixie is as eager to capture pokemon as much as anybody, but does he honestly think he can control this!? What's his plan once it's in the ball?

19. - Top - End - #79
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Together, Daisy and Poofy cause a tendril to burst, as Jasmine's aggron grabs the last two and pulls, tearing them off and tossing them behind it, incidentally cutting it off from the other trainers who were too slow. Paul feels fear from it. It was just born, and it could die soon. Why? All it wanted was to eat, so why?
    In desperation, it unleashes a bright burst in the steelix's eyes to try and get out of its mouth.
    (It is now catchable)

20. - Top - End - #80
    Titan in the Playground

Paul does the obvious, grabbing his final Pokeball and hurling it at the creature. Now was the time to go big or go home.

Spoiler: RNG Please Smile Upon Me
    Show
    (1d20)[12] AC: 6 Status
    (1d100-1)[90]

Show

21. - Top - End - #81
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eshkigal View Post
    Meanwhile, on a much, much less panic filled route, Eli heads out with his charmander Bobby, until sounds of scraping claws nearby are heard. You look around, trying to see if another creature is about to go on a rampage, when you see a sandy, tan head break the nearby soil and claws cut a root to chew on.
    Oh, hey! Sandshrew!
    > Bask in it's cuteness_

Aww....the little fella' looks so calm and tranquil just sitting there munchin' on some lunchin's, you'd hate to disturb him, but Bobby being the social butterfree he is has already started talking up the poor guy.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Titan in the Playground

No tendrils, now was his chance.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Trainer Speed 12
    Heavy Ball
    AC: (1d20)[6] 6
    Capture: (1d100)[66] -5 for every weight class above 1
    Last edited by Esprit15; 2013-11-09 at 05:42 PM.

Show

23. - Top - End - #83
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Both balls fly true, but the heavy ball is a bit faster. The Bellsprout God disappears into it, and with a click, it disappears.
    However, oddly enough, Paul's pokeball also manages to hit the last tendril removed, while it was twitching, and strangely enough the appendage goes into the ball.
    (2 level 5 cryptid shiny bellsprouts caught! Nature is up to you guys, +2 stats, max weight class, growth egg move, Tendril Growth, Tendril Regeneration, Tendril action.)
    50 experience to everyone who fought the bellsprout.

Meanwhile, Eli watches as Bobby goes over to the wild sandshrew, who pauses in eating its root to look at the charmander. After sniffing him, it dives back below, only to surface below Bobby and begin rolling about with him on top. Maybe it's a game?
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2013-11-09 at 11:22 PM.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Orc in the Playground

Morgane stops in her tracks right as she is about to leap at the behemoth that disappeared before her. In its place is a gray and blue pokeball, a clear sign that someone managed to catch it safely. With a sigh, she slips to the side of the path (while plucking the Wiki Berry from a reluctant Melody) to return to where she had hid the Bulbasaur and egg. Hoping that the monstrosity didn't cause irreversible damage, Morgane also looks around at the trees to see if they've started improving in condition.

Perception: (2d6+1)[11]

25. - Top - End - #85
    Ogre in the Playground

"Aw, how sweet, they're playing together." you go sit down w/ them and see if the sandshrew takes to you as quickly. "Hello there. :)"
    Last edited by Reality Glitch; 2013-11-10 at 01:02 AM.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Titan in the Playground

Paul goes over to the Pokeball, scooping it up with an odd look on his face. While he was a young trainer, a Pokeball triggering on an appendage of a Pokemon is not a normal occurrence. He pockets the ball, looking at Daisy with pride, the Wooper still staggering slightly from the bright bursts of light.

You did well girl, Paul says, glad that a stray vine hadn't lain the Wooper low.

He looks around at the others. The one that had invested in a Heavy Ball likely was a skilled Trainer and out of his league. The others seemed fairly ordinary. Jasmine, while a skilled Gym Leader, wouldn't have the correct expertise for something like this, although she likely would know Morty. Perhaps she could help him get there if he explained his situation?

Not wanting to be the first to speak, he awkwardly tries to reach around to check if the Egg is still in his pack, hoping that perhaps his problems had just vanished.

Show

27. - Top - End - #87
    Titan in the Playground

The Heavy Ball leaps from the ground back to Cain's hand, and the unactivated Great Ball jumps into his bag. He heads towards Jasmine. "Sorry, but it seemed the most expedient way to bring it under control.

Do you have any clue what this thing is?"
    he asks, holding the ball (firmly) in his mental and physical grip.
    Last edited by Esprit15; 2013-11-10 at 02:23 AM.

Show

28. - Top - End - #88

Dixie calls her pokemon over to her, takes a knee, and begins running her fingers through its thick, tight curls. "Good job girl," she speaks softly. Several short sparks emanate from the wool.

"So..." she looks up from her position on the ground at the two trainers who had thrown pokeballs. "What's your plan with that thing?" She gives a short laugh. "You gonna have Jasmine babysit you every time you release it?"

29. - Top - End - #89
    Titan in the Playground

Paul looks at the girl.

We just saw a dude who was apparently trying to use the Pokemon get eaten alive. I have enough issues as is that there's no way I'm keeping something this hostile, he says, pocketing the ball.

Anybody have an idea where I can get something worth this Pokemon? A run of the mill trade is definitely no cutting it, he says, wanting to get this thing off his hands ASAP so he only had one mystery to deal with.

Show

30. - Top - End - #90
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

(Need some more time to post for the sandshrew, will add it later)

The bulbasaur is cowering by the egg, the scent of humans nearby likely putting it on edge as there is little chance for one so rare to escape them all. The plantlife will take years, maybe decades to regrow, but in the long run, things will return to normal here.

Jasmine looks to Cain, Dixie, and Paul, momwentarily considering things.
    "That was a pseudolegendary-or as this situation is normally labeled, cryptid- bellsprout, judging from the damage to the area, the size, the unusual coloration, and the fact that man is wearing iconography from the order of bellsprout monks. As for a trade, I think I can put something fitting together for either or both of you. As you all participated in this event, I must ask you to come to the gym to learn details anyway, though seeing that you acted to protect my city, you are free to refuse."
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2013-11-10 at 04:32 PM.