New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Default Re: [Nexus] Inside 55

(Forgot to post for this one. )

[Church of Order Rally]

The (apparently relatively open-minded) Templar nods and stands aside for the Machine to pass through.

He would later rationalize this action as merely treating an artificial intelligence fairly, rather than sympathizing too much with a cyborg. After all, there's no way one could put a human soul inside of a machine like that, right? It's probably just an AI with a personality modeled after its creator, right? Serving the memory of its own creator just as surely as he served the Maker.

Yes, that made sense.

Inside the actual rally (which is on the Grounds of the Church, technically; outdoors, but not blocking traffic), the machine no doubt see background NPCs of every shape, color, and creed, though predictably there are very few transhumans present. Some of them just look curious to see what all the commotion's about, while others seem to be treating the speech as religiously as intended.

The machine does in fact draw a few eyes, but most of them just shrug and continue onward. It helps that there are a few other robots walking about, though they appear to be accompanying Templar Guards on security detail rather than displaying any intelligence.

Speaking of the Templar Guards, they are definitely paying attention to him, if only because he's a newcomer wearing a whole lot of metal and they're not really sure what he's here for yet. Presumably that bit of information will clear up soon enough thanks to radio contact, though.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    A Red Zone Street

Arty turns, his hand adopting a soft glow for a moment (the color of which is probably green unless his god has a specific one). The knife is deflected by an invisible barrier protecting his flank.
    Arty has pulled off his first Level 1 cleric spell!
    The figure looks surprised at that...
    And runs.
    As he does, another shadow darts behind Arty. A large, black wolf.
    That's what the figure ran from.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

3. - Top - End - #213
    Ogre in the Playground

A Red Zone Street

Arty is far too pleased with himself to take heed, although he does pull a small black cylinder from his bag as he keeps running.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

4. - Top - End - #214

NFL RedZone

The Beowulf charges at the centaur, growling.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Ogre in the Playground

A Red Zone Street

((Was the No Combat Please sign not apparent?))
    Arty shakes the object in his hand, which unfolds into a sleek, advanced-looking hunting bow, which he fires an arrow from.
    This is an unfortunate turn of events he would likely prefer to have avoided altogether or at least doing to alone.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Pokemon Park]

Ardent Heart had followed her new trainer (love her, serve her, obey her) back to the park in a sort of hollowed out daze. The more she moved around the more her body felt wrong to her. Sure, it was similar in many ways. But the subtle differences made it all the more alien.

When they finally arrive she is treated to a shocking sight.

These people are hurt. That snake thing looks half-dead. Ardent hasn't ever seen battle before coming here. Sure she knew of it. She knew that the her people clashed with the pterippi of Skyreach regularly. And the hwynhnm in the lowlands but that was all very distant to her.

She's drawn from her shock when one of the humans starts talking to her, though it takes a few moments for the command to register in her mind.

Kill.

Ardent looks at the human that spoke to her. Then down at the snake. Then back to the human. She sets her mouth in a hard line and refuses to budge, daring the spider-fingered monster to come and do the deed itself. Somewhere deep inside her anger begins to kindle.

Golden orange flames lick across her mane.

[Church of Order Rally]

The machine watches the robots curiously.

They look crude, really. Very utilitarian without a hint of visually pleasing design. In fact, they look rather sinister, all things considered. No doubt that was part of the intent. Often times the design of military robots lends itself toward appearing dangerous. If a person can be intimidated into laying down arms by a robot than all the better.

Of course, if they wanted intimidating then the wisest course of action would be to make a robot that looks like a frightening clown.

Clowns.

The machine shudders involuntarily at the thought.

It isn't a terribly rational thought. But he still finds clowns to be positively unnerving.

"Ahem, excuse me?" the machine begins as he moves up along side one of those in the crowd. "Might I ask you a few questions?"
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

7. - Top - End - #217

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    A Red Zone Street

((Was the No Combat Please sign not apparent?))
    Arty shakes the object in his hand, which unfolds into a sleek, advanced-looking hunting bow, which he fires an arrow from.
    This is an unfortunate turn of events he would likely prefer to have avoided altogether or at least doing to alone.
    ((..oops, sorry.))
    The wolf is knocked down, and limps away. It's pack isn't there, so it's leaving.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

8. - Top - End - #218

Near Pokemon Park

Vallery seem to grow even more uneasy when flames start to appear but it breaks her out of her indecisiveness at the very least. "Uh, yeah, you better not to Ardent. Let's just capture it and take it back to the base."

"Hmph." 'I' frowns. "That ponyta is going to be trouble, I can tell. You need to train in better. It isn't even following orders."

Vallery says nothing, instead she takes another Iron Ball and throws it at the Seviper.

9. - Top - End - #219

[Pokemon Park]

Ardent lets out a breath she didn't realize that she was holding when her trainer (love her, serve her, obey her) agrees with her choice. There's a... feeling. A sense of elation that comes out of nowhere and reminds her that following her trainer's instructions is the right thing to do. Following her trainer's instructions will make her happy.

That other human, though. She doesn't like that one. That human isn't her trainer. How does she get off telling her what to do?

Ardent gives a little snort and looks down at the snake.

Capture.

They're going to capture it. Like her. And then Valery will be the snake's trainer, too. But that's good. That's how things are supposed to work, right?

10. - Top - End - #220
    Ogre in the Playground

Street, Somewhere

Arty keeps running for a while, before finally slowing down and stopping at the mouth to an alley. His shirt is damp from sweat, and he breathes heavily, although he's not out of steam yet. Still, his running skill might have betrayed him, as he suddenly realizes he hasn't a clue where he is. Is he even still in that Red zone? It doesn't look like it.
    "Oh, dear. I'm lost."
    Well, that isn't good.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Halfling in the Playground

[Red Zone - General - Church of Order Rally]

The ad campaign for Elexxion, the tech-based surgical augmentation company, intensifies. Though while commercial badgering makes its way inside every home in the Red Zone, stranger things move through the streets.

Eerie men and women in dark clothing move about the Zone on unknown errands, usually on foot or via public transportation. They appear human for the most part, below the neck. Above that their flesh turns to multi-faceted steel, flat chrome surfaces, or elaborate metal shapes. Within each pulses a dim orange glow, as though a furnace sat where their brain should be.

In fact, an older metal-head of middling height approaches the Church of Order, attempting to gain entrance wordlessly so that he might listen. At least it appears to be a he, though it's hard to tell beneath the thick, dark clothes 'he' wears.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by aric_kale View Post
    Misspelled Cemetery

The Wolf nods its shaggy head, turning and taking the steps down to treasure. What might he see, I wonder...
    Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    Vesa takes a sec to verify that no, GLORY appears to be talking out of its heat sink vents. What did Melody-23 tell her about people lying obviously? Something about it being a clear sign of distress, something...
    I would be inclined to disagree; you appear to have made yourself captive by means of your negativity, GLORY... and you seem to wish to place me within your cage as well. I cannot waste time with you, not with duty ahead of me.
    Also GLORY's probably the literal least enjoyable entity to talk to that she has ever faced within memory.
    She shakes her head, hovering off and trying to patch into the security camera feeds---that is, those ones for which she is allowed access, of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by TechnoScrabble View Post
    "It'd be appreciated. The medicine for it is painful, and growing rather expensive," Garrett's looking past the man as he talks, at all the people getting things like minor scars fixed or entire reconstructions of undamaged areas. It disturbs him a little, that people would want to replace an entirely good body, or get rid of a harmless scar. Scars told stories, taught lessons.
    Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    [Tech Bay]

Vesa may note her friend's entrance, the wolf-suited girl slipping quietly into the tech bay, and looking around, giving GLORY a glare behind her helmet (which draws the metal 'lips' back from its fangs when she does) as she spots the Revenant-hating AI.

"I hope he hasn't been giving you too much trouble?", she asks, speaking, as always, on a heavily-encrytep private band.
    Quote Originally Posted by GrandDM View Post
    "Much appreciated. I wouldn't ask, except I'm interested to see how you do things compared to my own techniques. Flow of information and all that. Also, we may be able to come to a deal. I have some rather interesting bits and pieces lying around that you'd probably like. But first things first - shall we start the tour now, or do you need to make a few arrangements?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    Vesa actually smiles a little, floating over and placing a hand on the helmet.
    GLORY is being characteristically disagreeable. Your presence, on the other hand, has been missed to a great extent. How was your time while I was out?

[The Brilliance - Tech Bay]

GLORY gives a contemptuous, grinding grunt as it sees Alia, but makes no further comment. The old, disgruntled killbot-AI will leave the girls alone for now.

As Alia and Vesa should know, GLORY's only along for this ride because it's at least four-tenths of a second faster than even the newest AI coded on a contained server. He operates as heavy support for the ESA team protecting the Brilliance. Or at least he will, if they see any action.

[Elexxion - Ground Offices]

"We can begin anytime you like, but I promise nothing, Mister Harald," Maxwell waves his arm in an exaggerated gesture, turning to walk back toward his company shuttle. It's a blocky, stainless-steel-grey flying vehicle, windows at the front only, with the more powerful thrusters placed on its belly. They spew little sputters of white fire as it hovers by the curb, stinking of ozone and chemical discharge. "Follow me, please, step lively doctor. It is doctor, isn't it? I really must apologize for the transportation... company cars, what can you do?" He chuckles a bit. "I certainly wouldn't park mine in this neighborhood. Not yet, anyway."

[Public Park - Display Area]

"Of course! In fact, I think we have a slot opened up just..." The man raises a hand to his ear, two fingers tapping its mic-piece. In the same instant, a long, grey pod with black-yellow stripes shoots down from the Brilliance, smashing into the park grass with shocking speed. Clods of dirt fly up haphazardly. "Now." He smiles a skeevy, all-business sort of smile. "Please, step aboard."

The pod slides open at an angle, revealing a set of purple cushions for Garrett to lie against. "It's completely free, but I should note," The showman narrows his gaze. "You're expected to spread the word about just how good we are. That's all we ask in return."

[Misspelled Cemetary]

Okami descends into the tomb. There's but a single coffin, a massive granite thing, covered in spiderwebs and mold and worse things. However, the lid to the casket is broken, and should Okami chance to move it aside, he'll find an ancient skeleton with a gleaming emerald medallion around its neck. The thing is cut to perfection, and it seems not a single speck of dust has fallen upon its gold-framed beauty, as though the dirt not dare touch it.

"Take it," says the white spectre exuberantly. "Take it, please. If you ever have need of two good hands, another blade at your side, you need merely speak my name: Gaerrfen."

The skeleton doesn't seem to be wearing the same things Gaerrfen's shade was. Perhaps it is his previous 'owner', as it were.

Okami gained ally: Gaerrfen! Gaerrfen is a dread wraith of mid-high power level that can be summoned by anyone who possesses the amulet. If he wants to sell or trade it, the wraith will have no protest. He doesn't care who he serves. Though please PM me if Okami should give the amulet away, or call for aid.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

12. - Top - End - #222

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    [Elexxion Ground Offices]

"Perhaps I can show you a few things, ma'am," The secretary addressed as 'Miss Fionan' proposes.
    "I think you can," she says. "Where to start, though?" She's partially talking to Miss Fionan, and partially to herself.

13. - Top - End - #223
    Dwarf in the Playground

[COLOR="Red"]

"We can begin anytime you like, but I promise nothing, Mister Harald," Maxwell waves his arm in an exaggerated gesture, turning to walk back toward his company shuttle. It's a blocky, stainless-steel-grey flying vehicle, windows at the front only, with the more powerful thrusters placed on its belly. They spew little sputters of white fire as it hovers by the curb, stinking of ozone and chemical discharge. "Follow me, please, step lively doctor. It is doctor, isn't it? I really must apologize for the transportation... company cars, what can you do?" He chuckles a bit. "I certainly wouldn't park mine in this neighborhood. Not yet, anyway."
    "Yes, it's Doctor."

He raises an eyebrow at the shuttle, looking slightly disgusted, but gets in with the robot and the ork sitting either side of him.
    Doctor Harald avatar by MethosH

Nexus

CHB
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #224
    Orc in the Playground

Near Pokemon Park

The Seviper is caught! It is unable to resist being sucked into the Iron Ball.

Oddly, something remains on the floor where the Seviper was- an old, battered red-and-white sphere with a large, Seviper-fang-shaped hole entering the top and leaving the bottom.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

15. - Top - End - #225

[Near Pokemon Park]

'I' stares at the caught Seviper. She hadn't expected it to be caught when fainted which really put a hole in her plans for killing it. "...trust me, that pokemon is sick and suffering. It would have been better for it if you just put it out of it's misery. Now it's just going to attempt to kill you too."

"It already has." Vallery moves forward to pick up the iron ball and the strange sphere it was carrying. Wonder what was up with that? "But anyway, they were sending a truck to pick us up so despite all injuries we caught three pokemons right? And that's a good thing."

Vallery smiles at the others who simply doesn't seem to be able to share her enthusiasm. "You caught three pokemons, I almost got my leg chewed off and got nothing for it."

"I could give you the weedle or the Seviper?"

"No thanks, the weedle can't even be caught unless we can break the link to that other trainer somehow."

"Be negative then. I'll just know the boss is going to reward us for this." She then turns to Ardent Heart. "Now Ardent you're going to meet Princess", she gestures towards the currently paralyzed Jynx. "Princess, meet Ardent Heart, Ardent Heart, meet Princess. You're going to be best friends!"

'I' rolls her eyes in the background.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2013-10-30 at 09:00 AM.

16. - Top - End - #226

Misspelled Cemetery

The wolf stands on its hind legs and morphs back into a human, taking the amulet and wearing it around his neck. Thank you, my friend. I will definitely call upon your aid, if your skills are even half of what I just faced. Okami bows low to this new spectral ally.

The odds of the Okami Kei-Jin selling an ally -for that's how he'll see it- are unlikely.
    Also, is this a one-time summon, or is there a cooldown time to it?
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Zane and Aric by Recaiden. Aric Kat by Hatter.

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler: FFRP Newbie Links
    Show

17. - Top - End - #227
    Ogre in the Playground

[Public Park - Display Area]
    "Of course! In fact, I think we have a slot opened up just..." The man raises a hand to his ear, two fingers tapping its mic-piece. In the same instant, a long, grey pod with black-yellow stripes shoots down from the Brilliance, smashing into the park grass with shocking speed. Clods of dirt fly up haphazardly. "Now." He smiles a skeevy, all-business sort of smile. "Please, step aboard."

The pod slides open at an angle, revealing a set of purple cushions for Garrett to lie against. "It's completely free, but I should note," The showman narrows his gaze. "You're expected to spread the word about just how good we are. That's all we ask in return."
    Garrett jumps back with a surprised shout when the pod crashes down, and keeps a close eye on it while he approaches it.
    "Sounds...good...to...me?" his voice changes to questioning as he curiously taps on the pod.
    GLORIOUS SOVIET SNAIL SUPERTECHNOLOGY

Comrade L.E.S.S. by The Mad Hatter!

Quote Originally Posted by Viper9090 View Post
    My weirdest nightmare has just been replaced.
    (Recaiden) He lives!
    (Firedaemon33) Ia! Ia! TechnoScrabble F'Taghn!
    My job requires I leave without warning or explanation sometimes. I should be back within a few days each time.

18. - Top - End - #228
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack;16316855[B
    [Church of Order Rally][/B]

The machine watches the robots curiously.

They look crude, really. Very utilitarian without a hint of visually pleasing design. In fact, they look rather sinister, all things considered. No doubt that was part of the intent. Often times the design of military robots lends itself toward appearing dangerous. If a person can be intimidated into laying down arms by a robot than all the better.

Of course, if they wanted intimidating then the wisest course of action would be to make a robot that looks like a frightening clown.

Clowns.

The machine shudders involuntarily at the thought.

It isn't a terribly rational thought. But he still finds clowns to be positively unnerving.

"Ahem, excuse me?" the machine begins as he moves up along side one of those in the crowd. "Might I ask you a few questions?"
    [Red Zone - General - Church of Order Rally]

The ad campaign for Elexxion, the tech-based surgical augmentation company, intensifies. Though while commercial badgering makes its way inside every home in the Red Zone, stranger things move through the streets.

Eerie men and women in dark clothing move about the Zone on unknown errands, usually on foot or via public transportation. They appear human for the most part, below the neck. Above that their flesh turns to multi-faceted steel, flat chrome surfaces, or elaborate metal shapes. Within each pulses a dim orange glow, as though a furnace sat where their brain should be.

In fact, an older metal-head of middling height approaches the Church of Order, attempting to gain entrance wordlessly so that he might listen. At least it appears to be a he, though it's hard to tell beneath the thick, dark clothes 'he' wears.

[Church of Order Rally]

Oh no. Sure, it's supposed to be intimidating, but not too intimidating. The problem with building a scary monster clown security robot is that the Templars would be scared of it too.

Anyway, Dragon-Machine-Thing decides to poke a random bystander, who actually jumps in surprise at the feeling of metal brushing up against her. As the newcomer speaks, she looks visibly unnerved.

"Erm, hello? I...I guess. What questions?"

Meanwhile, at the door, a creepy robo-guy approaches! The Templar Guard gazes at him carefully. The last guy may have been mechanical, but it's not like he had anything to hide. This guy, though...

Once the fellow comes within about ten feet, the Guard uses the special vision modes on his visor in an attempt to quickly gather some information: Possible unusual heat signatures, unusually high metal content (and where), and whatever weapons may be carried under the robe.

19. - Top - End - #229

[Pokemon Park]

Caught. Breaking its link to its trainer. That's what happened to her, right? She was caught and now she's somehow linked to her trainer (love her, serve her, obey her). Ardent givens squeezes her eyes shut and gives her head a little shake. Her thoughts feel so... so heavy. Maybe it would be easier to just let Vallery think for her?

And then?

Princess is introduced.

Princess is... sort of like the humans and somehow even more unnerving. But she's another one of Vallery's pokemon and that means they're to be friends. After all, her trainer (love her, serve her, obey her) just told Ardent that would be so.

She does her best to smile, but her face doesn't seem to move quite right anymore. Instead she gives a cheerful, "Ponyta!"

What's a ponyta, anyway? They keep calling her that.

[Church of Order Rally]

"I'm recording the thoughts and feelings of those who are attending this rally to-" A beat. "Eerr, not literally recording thoughts and feelings. That would be terribly intrusive. I'm inquiring with the people here regarding their position on trans-humanism and why they hold those particular values."

That isn't a question mister robot.

"So to that end, what is your stance on the biological and technological augmentation of humanity and other sapient races?"

20. - Top - End - #230
    Troll in the Playground

Murder Scene

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Outside the Rubble Zone

"No it isn't." Hekta insists. That was just too stupid. "It's valuable. We can't just leave it!" She knew Elias was weird but she didn't expect him to be dumb as well.

The demon walks around the body as Elias is retrieving the card, her eyes set on the crescent moon laying at the woman's feet. It was shiny which meant it was valuable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    Outside Rubble Zone

The card Elias finds is:

Spoiler
    Show

The victim has been made into a more gruesome copy of the card, albeit an upright one.
    "Not yet, Hekta," Elias says. "Let me look." His tarot deck and book were lost in the rubble, but he'd read it enough times to remember the interpretation.

Spoiler: The High Priestess, Reversed
    Show
    The High Priestess is about "impossibilities." Secret knowledge, instincts, even magic. Hers is a card about personal and individual journeys across dark deserts to enlightenment.

Turn her upside-down and the water falls and runs dry. The moon hangs above rather than at her command. The curtain of pomegranates, shrouding the mysteries falls open, and all that people should not see - that might be damaging to see - they see. The pillars are on their crowns not on the base and cannot support themselves.

There is, in short, a loss of control. And the High Priestess, who holds opposites in delicate balance, needs that control. If all this is lost, then there is a kind of madness. Chaos, indecision, a loss of secrets and knowledge.

"Secrets revealed. Loss of control. Chaos." Elias whispers. "She wanted me to see her."
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

21. - Top - End - #231
    Orc in the Playground

Near Pokemon Park

The object is a standard pokeball, only it's been damaged to the point of no repair- any pokemon that was bound to it would have been released, and it looks as though the pokemon that destroyed it had something large, pointed, and long enough to extend all the way through and quite a bit further judging by the size of the exit hole compared to the size of the entrance hole. As mentioned, the tool that fits the hole perfectly is the fang of a Seviper, and there's a slight etching from a powerful poison.

It seems undamaged by the fact that the Seviper swallowed it in the hopes that enough link remained to prevent it from being captured again, and was kept in its stomach for over six months.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

22. - Top - End - #232

Near Pokemon Park

"That's right!" Vallery exclaims cheerfully before slowly taking a seat against the wall. All this had taken the energy out of her. She gives the damaged pokeball in her hand a last glance, huh. That was odd.

Princess is rather... stiff at the moment so she can't really properly greet Ardent Dawn. However that soon won't be an issue as an truck is coming over.

"Finally." 'I' states and starts to return her pokemons to their balls.

"There it is, back into the pokéballs with you two." Vallery comments and does the same. The rest of the scene will take place in outside once I post there.

Murder Scene

"Fiiine. Just look at it already." Hekta kneels down as well to look but sees nothing beautiful with the scene, just more of Elias weirdness. He would probably think it was beautiful if he saw her die as well, she had figured as much that costume night. He was simply much weirder on the inside than she looked on the inside.

Now he was whispering to himself too, probably didn't think she could hear him but she had excellent hearing. "Are we going to see her?" She suddenly asks. "The murderer I mean, maybe we could stay with her? You're like the same right?" She hadn't tried to kill them there so she obviously just killed special people. Or something. She and Elias even seemed to be buddies.

23. - Top - End - #233
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    [Bast's Animal Shelter]

"Well..." Reinholdt explains how a Magtok came in, shot at Felandria, got captured and intimidated and talked to, and then counter murdered by Pat when he attacked her too, and there was a soul holding and questioning by some of Skyside's leaders and HALO. He'll mention he wanted to go over and help somehow but had no skills that would apply and probably be a detriment considering how many people were already in the way. Too many chefs and all that.

Otto's Manse

Reinholdt waits patiently. Her laptop wouldn't be the big boss's computer with the secret files. Probably. Hopefully. Otherwise, Rein's going to miss out on such an easy opportunity.

"I'm not sure how comfortable I am being left alone with such a beautiful woman who might take advantage of my delicate sensibilities." Reinholdt says with a hint of a smirk.

[Bast's Animal Shelter]

Arel holds Rein in what she hopes in comforting as he tells her what happened. "That's horrible. I'm so sorry you had to be there for that. Is there anything I can do?"

[Otto's Manse]

"Don't worry too much on my account. I'm a professional woman, you see." She says, followed by a light chuckle. This one is interesting. She can see why he's so notable.

24. - Top - End - #234

[Pokemon Park]

Ardent Heart feels her body dissolve.

Before it had felt terrifying.

But this time?

This time it's almost comforting.

Once again all her perceptions are stripped away and she's back in the comfortable, peaceful place. Drifting in a dream until her trainer (love her, serve her, obey her) calls her out again.

Part of herself was screaming that this was all horribly wrong. That if she would just stop and think about it she would realize just how awful it is.

But Ardent doesn't listen. She doesn't need to think. Her trainer will think for her.

25. - Top - End - #235

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Bast's Animal Shelter]

"Oh God. What happened?" Arel is shocked. It's one thing to hear about a murder. Quite another when you're hearing about it from someone who saw it first hand. She's just glad he's not hurt.

[Otto's Manse]

"Good, but I suppose we need a computer." Samona looks over her shoulder to the blue skinned man by the door. "Clyde? Would you fetch my laptop for me? It's in the office." The man nods and heads off to do just that.

[Inside Docks]

Ken doesn't even know about the bunk area the pokemon centers have for trainers to use? Maybe they don't have that where he's from. Whatever, he'll learn soon enough. More interesting, though..."

"Sure, sounds like a great idea. I'd be happy to beat you." Becca says with a grin. Now here's a topic she's absolutely confident in.
    Inside Docks -> Poke-Center

Ken stumbles a bit as he gets into the pokecenter. It's been a long walk, and after all the shivering and numbness, and carrying his tackle box and backpack the whole way, he's feeling a bit weak.

Still, as he slumps into the nearest chair in the lobby and tiredly adjusts the shirt he'd finally put on after drying off a bit, he reflects that he at least got out of that whole mess alive and relatively well.

"Why don't you go talk to the nurse? I'm going to catch my breath a bit and then head to the bathroom okay? And... hey, maybe you could see if that Mew dropped off the hurt rapidash you were with? I don't think the super potion I gave it would have been enough, and I don't know if Mews can heal other pokemon, so it might not have had any choice."

Quote Originally Posted by Terumitsu View Post
    The replication process was as smooth as the last time although the replicated mask floated a tad higher than the original when she let go.

The 'ping' would show a second door with hinges outside on the far wall although it appeared to have a sturdy locking mechanism from this pulse. The doors themselves were notably heavier than the rest she had come across, though...

At least, the door /seemed/ to go outside although the paving on the other end was a bit different...

The rest of the ways into the room were simply apertures without doors, though, like most museums would have. They would just impead traffic more than necessary when going to see like displays, after all. The pulse would show that there were some double doors the next room over, though. The displays were different in that room too, as best one could tell from this distance.
    Temple Heist

Well, that was entirely too many exits for Merideth to safely leave unguarded. And thankfully, she has a handy source of material here to deal with such things, though it means abandoning her previous plan of leaving confusing traces for a much more rapid and obvious one.

She'll have to rely on how quickly she can board things up instead of trying not to trip any alarms. Turning back to the podium she just pilfered her latest mask from, she reaches into it and attempts to warp the whole thing up into a rope of material, whipping it around horizontally to form bars of material that she'll swiftly move over to the nearest opening, floating that way and carrying it with her with one "hand." Once there, she'll attempt to meld the solid zigzagging structure with the closest archway. It's much faster than trying to turn the surrounding walls into a blockade, and though the cage-like bars won't keep prying eyes from watching her work, it will slow down whoever is on the other side quite significantly as they have to chop their way through, especially if the podiums were made of stone.

If that's all successful, she'll repeat the process as fast as possible with the next podium that has a mask in it, and add the mask to her collection as she goes to cage off another archway. She does take a moment to inspect the mask to see if it's the right one, and is careful in handling it as she tries to deconstruct the stand it was floating above.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

26. - Top - End - #236
    Ogre in the Playground

[Poke-Center]

"Hmph." Stupid weird rapidash or whatever. Taking her pokeballs and tossing her pokemon into the water. Why should she care? "I guess I can can ask." She says, even if she'd rather not bother.

So the trainer heads over toward the counter. She needs to get her pokemon healed anyway. Catching that corphish was sure tough on Shroomy especially.

27. - Top - End - #237

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post

[Church of Order Rally]

Oh no. Sure, it's supposed to be intimidating, but not too intimidating. The problem with building a scary monster clown security robot is that the Templars would be scared of it too.

Anyway, Dragon-Machine-Thing decides to poke a random bystander, who actually jumps in surprise at the feeling of metal brushing up against her. As the newcomer speaks, she looks visibly unnerved.

"Erm, hello? I...I guess. What questions?"

Meanwhile, at the door, a creepy robo-guy approaches! The Templar Guard gazes at him carefully. The last guy may have been mechanical, but it's not like he had anything to hide. This guy, though...

Once the fellow comes within about ten feet, the Guard uses the special vision modes on his visor in an attempt to quickly gather some information: Possible unusual heat signatures, unusually high metal content (and where), and whatever weapons may be carried under the robe.
    Quote Originally Posted by TechnoScrabble View Post
    Garrett jumps back with a surprised shout when the pod crashes down, and keeps a close eye on it while he approaches it.
    "Sounds...good...to...me?" his voice changes to questioning as he curiously taps on the pod.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotting Baron View Post
    "I think you can," she says. "Where to start, though?" She's partially talking to Miss Fionan, and partially to herself.
    Quote Originally Posted by GrandDM View Post
    "Yes, it's Doctor."

He raises an eyebrow at the shuttle, looking slightly disgusted, but gets in with the robot and the ork sitting either side of him.
    Quote Originally Posted by aric_kale View Post
    Misspelled Cemetery

The wolf stands on its hind legs and morphs back into a human, taking the amulet and wearing it around his neck. Thank you, my friend. I will definitely call upon your aid, if your skills are even half of what I just faced. Okami bows low to this new spectral ally.

The odds of the Okami Kei-Jin selling an ally -for that's how he'll see it- are unlikely.
    Also, is this a one-time summon, or is there a cooldown time to it?

[Church of Order Rally]

As the guard-on-duty flicks his visor to scan, the HUD may very well fill with static. The initial burst dies down to a thin blob, a blob that seems to hang around where the readouts from this eerie stranger should be. After a few more seconds, he might not see much of the stranger at all. Not even body heat shows up, perhaps due to electronic interference.

The stranger looks at him, the tilt of his head making him seem... questioning.

[Park - Surgical Display]

The pod does not react to his prodding. "Good, then we've got a deal. What a gentleman, folks!" The man turns to his audience, those of which aren't in line for having their faces done up. He raises his voice again. "This poor, pennyless soul, much like many of you I imagine, has come to Elexxion for help! He has deadly bleeding of the brain! The pressure on his skull is enormously painful. And now, without money to pay for more... temporary fixes, he turns to the only place he knows can help him!"

Garrett will be free to lie down in the pod while the showman sells his schtick. Should he do so, a female, seemingly dynamic voice will speak. "Please remain still while administering treatment. Do I have your permission to do so?"

Secretary Fionan steeples her fingers and smiles sweetly. In a patient tone of voice, she asks, "Well, ma'am, where would you like to begin? What can Elexxion do for you?"

[Elexxion - Company Shuttle]

"Good then. Doctor. I'm actually a geneticist myself. But all those sleepless nights at uni are going to waste, I'm afraid. They have me here as management," The golden-haired cyborg says, smiling that perfect smile.

Maxwell takes a seat opposite from Harald and, seemingly at his will, the ship closes it's rear doors and takes off into the sky. The interior is a bit more likeable, with comfortable cushioned seating and small holographic displays that show information on the ship or its exterior.

"What are you a doctor of that's got you so interested in our little company?"

[Misspelled Cemetary]

"For you, honorable enemy, they will be twice that! May your foes be without end!" The dread wraith bows back and, straightening, slams the side of his fist against his chest. The salute produces an audible bang that echoes in the stillness. The spot that was hit ripples outward, and unless Okami has anything further to say, Gaerrfen fades into the moonlight.

The amulet can be used any number of times, but should Gaerrfen be destroyed, it will take at least three days for him to rejuvinate himself. He can remain attached to the material and ethereal planes for only a few hours in the absence of combat. Should the amulet be destroyed - difficult, but possible - Gaerrfen ascends permanently, and no magic of man's hands can call him back.
    Last edited by Murkus; 2013-10-31 at 02:25 AM.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

28. - Top - End - #238
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Elexxion - Company Shuttle]

"Good then. Doctor. I'm actually a geneticist myself. But all those sleepless nights at uni are going to waste, I'm afraid. They have me here as management," The golden-haired cyborg says, smiling that perfect smile.

Maxwell takes a seat opposite from Harald and, seemingly at his will, the ship closes it's rear doors and takes off into the sky. The interior is a bit more likeable, with comfortable cushioned seating and small holographic displays that show information on the ship or its exterior.

"What are you a doctor of that's got you so interested in our little company?"
    "Pretty much everything. Over the two-and-a-half centuries I've been around, I've investigated most of the branches of science. As to why I'm interested, you're the only other people in the Nexus who seem to be able to do what I do. Plus the rally by that church claiming about drug supplements and clone degeneration..."

Nexus

CHB
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #239

Misspelled Cemetery

Okami has nothing to add, and lets the spectre disappear. Afterwards, he leaves the graveyard.

Thanks Murkus. This will come in handy.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Zane and Aric by Recaiden. Aric Kat by Hatter.

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler: FFRP Newbie Links
    Show

30. - Top - End - #240
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Church of Order Rally]

Seven of Harald's robots, smooth faceplates swinging left and right, off-white plating gleaming, enter the rally. They are careful not to injure anyone, but make steady progress to the front in wedge formation, listening carefully to the speech. The one at the head of the wedge looks around carefully, trying to find a priest not engaged in orating.

Nexus

CHB
    Spoiler
    Show