New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Home 16 - Home is Where the Phylactery is

[Vann Estate]
    Seiner toys with 99's hair in return. Mmm... love you, sweets. You're so great, have I told you that?
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

2. - Top - End - #152
    Firbolg in the Playground

"Maybe once or twice. Not as great as are you."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

3. - Top - End - #153
    Ogre in the Playground

[Vann Estate]
    She giggles softly. Mmmm, I disagree... but it's okay, we can agree to consider each other the best. What shall we do now?
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

4. - Top - End - #154

[Vann Estate]

"Now it's your turn to read a story, right?" 99 goes to stand up, reluctantly, and go to find a book.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

5. - Top - End - #155
    Ogre in the Playground

[Vann Estate]
    Seiner nods. I'd love to read you something, love, of course.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

6. - Top - End - #156
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    Sophie's Apartment

HUG

Copi tries to hug Julie warmly, like an old friend that one has not seen in far, far too long. She will try to turn this into a twirl, trying to twirl Julie into the room and onto the couch. A piece of pizza on a plate will then be offered to her telikinetically.

"Look who it is. There is Sophie,"
    Copi says with a gesture to the oversized Grig, and then gestures at a certain corner of the room, "and that is Mintbalm, Kate's best friend. Mintbalm, meet Julie, Kate's best friend. Hamburger pizza with stuffed crust, or greek pizza, and if we want to really get mourning there is plenty of ice cream in the freezer."
    Sophie's Apartment

Julie returns the hug somewhat stiffly, but she smiles faintly at Copi once they're face to face again on the couch, "Well you've changed a fair bit since you were giving me birthday present suggestions. It's good to see you again Sophie." She turns her eyes up to the other occupant, a silent question in them. Mintbalm just nods and lets her speak, and Julie returns it with a thankful smile.

"I asked a pair of bounty hunters who needed a favor to track down Kate's killer. They came back with the proof of its death yesterday, said it was some kind of murderous pumpkin headed thing. I've got good reasons to believe they didn't cheat me. So that's it, I guess. I just wanted you to know that the killer wouldn't be doing this to anyone else." She doesn't sound ashamed that she ordered the hit on Kate's killer, just resigned knowing that it wasn't exactly a noble thing to do. She got her revenge, and keeping a killer off the streets was a happy side effect.

Mintbalm looks somewhat shocked at it all, but apart from pressing her mouth into a thin line in displeasure, doesn't voice her opinion on it.
    Last edited by Slii Arhem; 2013-11-11 at 04:13 PM.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Frescot House]

Sakura wipes up Laela's hands, though the girl seems pouty. She was eating tasty pie!But when the spoon is put in her hands, she brightens up again. With little coordination, she takes a big scoop and- "No, Laela. That's too much." Poor kid is never going to get to eat. Sakura fishes a new spoon out of her bag, this one small and more suited to the toddler. Finally, with the new spoon in hand, Laela gets a mouthful of pie. Yum!
    Adir smiles bashfully, embarrassed that he didn't think to do these things for Laela himself. "Sorry, Sakura." He glances down then back up, looking between Laela and her mother. "So, um, what can I do to make the house better for you girls?"
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

8. - Top - End - #158
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sophie's Apartment

"This is temporary,"
    Sophie clarifies about her current height. She considers going into more detail, but decides against it because one explanation would need another explanation... and that explanation would need an explanation. She doesn't comment on bounty hunters, though. It's pizza time.

"Pumpkin-headed... sounds like some kind of supernatural entity. In the Nexus, I suppose there is nothing to stop murderous beings from other planes. Or murderous specters from beyond the grave, if it was some variation of the headless horseman." Hopefully that will defuse the situation some. Copi takes a moment to eat more of her pizza, and open the floor to any further comments from the guests.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Ogre in the Playground

[Frescot House]

"You're doing a great job, Adir. As soon as it's all cleaned up we can start moving stuff back i-" Sakura says, but she's interrupted by a little voice.

"We need to get my toys! Like my bunny and my dwagon and my wattle and eleephant and my..." The little girl chatters on. She has a lot of toys! More than Adir remembers. Sakura just looks at Adir and giggles quietly. Laela is being a chatterbox today.

10. - Top - End - #160

[Frescot House]

Adir looks back at Sakura, a smile on his face and another dancing behind his gaze. He lets Laela finish, all the way through, and then nods with exaggerated force. "Of course, of course! We'll get every one. And a few more too. Are rabbits your faaaavorite sort of aminal, Laela?" He leans down with big, innocent eyes. Innocent as he can manage, at least. "Or was there another kind of aminal?"

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

11. - Top - End - #161
    Ogre in the Playground

[Frescot House]

Sakura is going to have to have a talk with Adir! baby talking is all well and good, but mispronouncing words could be detrimental!

The little feychild bobs her head up and down. "Bunnies are my favwit. Like Mister Teef!" There's a reason he's her favourite!

12. - Top - End - #162

[Frescot House]

Perhaps she's right. Adir just has too much fun talking like little Laela. "Well that's good to hear. It just so happens your surprise has long ears, big teeth, a fluffy tail..." And out've the basket Adir scoops what appears to be a little white bunny rabbit. It sits there in his palms, perking its ears up to listen and peering at Laela with tiny orange eyes.

Upon closer inspection it looks like some sort've toy - plastic covered by fake fur and soft things - but it certainly moves about like a real rabbit. One would have to be close to see. Sakura may very well think it a living pet, which obviously presents problems for a toddler. Heck, a tiny automaton might present problems of its own.
    Last edited by Murkus; 2013-11-11 at 10:42 PM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

13. - Top - End - #163
    Ogre in the Playground

[Frescot House]

Laela's eyes get as wide as saucers as she looks at what appears to be a real rabbit. "Bunny!" She reaches out to try and grab hold of the little bunny-bot.

Sakura, meanwhile, looks quite surprised. Laela is quite small for an actual pet. But when she looks closer, it doesn't take her too long to realize that not all is as it appears.

14. - Top - End - #164

[Frescot House]

Adir holds the rabbit back a moment, warning, "Be gentle with him, kiddo. He's not tough like Mister Teeth." Then he'll pass the rabbit to Laela. The little creature doesn't resist, and in fact won't object if it's chewed on. It'll just sorta kick its little feet and make very authentic squeaking noises. If Laela's nice, it may well rub its face on her hands or cheeks. Little clicking noises - like clockwork - emanate from inside the rabbit's limbs.

"What should we name him, Laela?"

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

15. - Top - End - #165
    Ogre in the Playground

[Frescot House]

Laela doesn't try to chew on the rabbit. That's only for her toys (and plants, and silverware, and her own thumb, and her mom's hair). After a moment, she hugs the bunny. Probably a bit too tight for a regular pet, but this one is just perfect.

Upon being asked for a name, Laela doesn't have an answer. She goes to the first person she thinks of when she has a problem and tilts her head back to look at her mommy. "How about Thumper? Like on Bambi." Sakura suggests with a broad smile.

"Yeah! Thumper!" Laela approves! She hugs the rabbit even tighter.

16. - Top - End - #166

[Frescot House]

The rabbit won't protest! But Adir really will have to teach Laela about being gentle if she ever gets a real live pet. For now, the rabbit cuddles up to Laela comfortably, as if it was made just for this purpose.

Adir grins happily. That couldn't have been received better. He leans over to Sakura and asks quietly, "What's Bambi?"

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ogre in the Playground

[Frescot House]

Sakura giggles. "It's a movie about a little deer. It's cute. I'm sure you'll see it sometime. It's her favourite." She explains.

Meanwhile, Laela is thoroughly distracted by her new bunny. She sets him down and lets him move around on his own. If he moves away, she'll crawl after him.

18. - Top - End - #168

Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    [Vann Estate]
    Seiner nods. I'd love to read you something, love, of course.
    99 eventually returns from a sillier section of the library with a copy of Star Hat Princess: The Legend, which she passes to Seiner with a silly grin.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

19. - Top - End - #169
    Ogre in the Playground

[Vann Estate]
    Seiner grins right back, pulling her girlfriend in close to begin the most dramatic reading she is capable of, which is also incredibly silly.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

20. - Top - End - #170

[Vann Estate]

"This was the story you were looking for, right?" 99 can hardly keep from laughing, listening to that.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

21. - Top - End - #171
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    [Vann Estate]

"This was the story you were looking for, right?" 99 can hardly keep from laughing, listening to that.
    Seiner giggles. This is our story forever and ever. Some couples have the "our song" song, and we might get that too, but for now we have this book of wonders and my ability to ham it up.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

22. - Top - End - #172

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Frescot House]

Sakura giggles. "It's a movie about a little deer. It's cute. I'm sure you'll see it sometime. It's her favourite." She explains.

Meanwhile, Laela is thoroughly distracted by her new bunny. She sets him down and lets him move around on his own. If he moves away, she'll crawl after him.
    "I'll have to," Adir agrees, settling in just a bit closer to Sakura. He glances sidelong at the dryad, looking happy and thoughtful, before leaning over to say quietly, "I got something for you, too." His face lingers beside hers a moment, if she'll so allow, not quite touching.

Thumper scrunches up the way rabbits do, becoming a little ball of fluff with his ears all perked up, and then suddenly he starts to hop around the picnic blanket. He won't leave - merely climb up over the basket and past the adults to go sniffing things. He really is a cute little fella.
    Last edited by Murkus; 2013-11-12 at 01:04 AM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

23. - Top - End - #173

[Vann Estate]

And there goes trying not to laugh. "Our book, my princess. Don't know what song could compare." 99 snuggles in closer to the fangire.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

24. - Top - End - #174
    Ogre in the Playground

[Vann Estate]
    Seiner kisses her head, nestled close. Yeah, well... you're my princess too, 'cause I said so!
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

25. - Top - End - #175
    Ogre in the Playground

[Frescot House]

Sakura doesn't move away, and rather smiles. "Really now? What might that be?" She asks. Now she's curious. Adir is pulling out all the stops today.

Laela will keep herself occupied for the time being. Following her new bunny around is lots of fun!

26. - Top - End - #176

[Frescot House]

"It's a surprise," Adir says teasingly. "You'll have to wait and see."

The stag pulls back a bit to give her more space. But still he looks at her, eyes alight, a small smile lingering on his lips. After a couple seconds, he returns his attentions to Laela, and laughs. "Whatcha doin', Laela? Are you trying to race him?"

Thumper keeps hopping!
    Last edited by Murkus; 2013-11-12 at 01:58 PM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

27. - Top - End - #177
    Ogre in the Playground

[Frescot House]

Sakura giggles, but doesn't press further. Let him have his surprises. Instead she turns her attention back to their daughter with him.

"Noooo!" Laela giggles and follows the bunny around, staying just behind the little guy. She's herding it toward her brothers! They've been lying there so peacefully, it's about tie they got noticed.

28. - Top - End - #178

[Frescot House]

Oh, here I thought the boys had been asleep! Well whatever they are, Thumper seems interested enough. He hops playfully away from Laela, all the way to the stroller, before getting up on his hind legs and sniffing at Gwydion. His eyes glitter like orange raindrops.

Adir gets his legs beneath him and sits cross legged, watching with a big grin. He's got little more to say for right now - though he might have a little something to eat. He really was working hard!

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

29. - Top - End - #179
    Ogre in the Playground

[Frescot House]

They might have been asleep. Who knows! Infants are hard to post much for. Right now, as I mentioned before, Sakura had lied them down on the blanket to the side and in front of her. So when the bunny comes hopping over to Gwydion, he looks at it with his big, white eyes.

"Dat's my brover, Thumper." Laela says, crawling up next to them. "Say hi, Gidon." She grabs hold of her brother's hand and waves it for him.

30. - Top - End - #180

[Frescot House]

Oh, you did mention that. >.> My apologies.

Thumper looks between the two boys, some vague gleam of comprehension in his eyes, before he crawls up to Sakura. He'll try and climb onto one of her legs to sniff about. Then, as if he wants something, the rabbit will look up at Sakura and squeak just once.

Adir laughs, managing to swallow what he was eating before joking, "I think he's trying to say hi to everyone."
    Last edited by Murkus; 2013-11-14 at 03:26 AM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters