New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 19 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282944 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #541
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

Evayn slumps back in his seat as the ship enters hyperspace. He sits with his eyes closed for a minute, then opens them as the glow from behind his eyelids signals that the lights and life support are back online. He allows himself a grin. That was cool.

He rises, trying to relieve the tension in his shoulders, when the realization strikes him that the ringing in his ears hasn't died down. Having been to his share of loud performances (with box seats, nonetheless, he reminisces), he's fairly certain that the deafness is temporary, but he can't help but be a bit nervous. He cautiously makes his way down into the common area. Kera and Daine are nowhere to be seen, but Kaff is standing in the room waiting for something. Evayn looks at hims and taps himself on the side of the head, smiling broadly. "I can't hear. That was pretty cool though."
    Last edited by donteatdave; 2007-05-24 at 07:19 PM. Reason: spelling

2. - Top - End - #542
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Nate

Nates various parts that he can control wave around as if to get the 2 new life forms attention. "Thank the maker." he says. "Please tell me one of you two can understand me. I am R5-N8 Astromech and all around helpful droid. Of course in this state, I cant be much help but if one of you were to help fix me i would be in your dept." He says the same in binary just in case one of them understands that language also.
    Now playing:

Dogs of war Father Connor"Preach" Masmanus

3. - Top - End - #543
    Ogre in the Playground

The lights come back and on and Kera and Daine retreat to his cabin to formulate a repair strategy. As their door closes Trill begins picking up the dropped tools which causes Kera's fall while muttering, "..so sorry, so sorry, must pick this up right away before someelse gets hurt."

Once he has them assembled the old Gungan steps up, seemingly fine after his fall and injury. He smiles a very broad smile and says, "Meesa so happys. Weesa gettin away!" He does a short happy dance and then remembers, "Ooh, but meesa still going to get some bombad troubles if meesa can't be finding more mechaniques."

When Nate pipes up the Gungan walks over and says, "Geesh little droid, weesa can all be understanding of yousa." When Nate repeats the message in binary, the old Gungan pulls out his datapad and after entering some data the datapad beeps in Binary,
    Spoiler
    Show

"We can understand common. Meesa be thinking you be having a bad Heuristical processingor."

He then calls out to Trill, "Esscusee mister crew person, can meesa be fixing this droid. Itsa got a brokin bit." Trill just shrugs his shoulders and looks to Kaff and Evayn.
    Last edited by lawful_evil; 2007-05-25 at 03:05 PM.
    This is my signature, there are others like it, but this one is mine.
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

www.facebook.com/kyleglowacki

4. - Top - End - #544
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Evayn ignores the droid, unable to hear it at all and unaware that it's 'woken up.' He enjoys the Gungan trader's antics all the more for not being able to hear him speak. When Trill draws his attention, he only taps his ear. "Sorry, can't hear you. That was great though, yeah?" He processes what seems to have been happening, then makes a guess, speaking to the Gungan a bit too loudly. "You wanna mess with the droid? Knock yourself out. Well, don't do that, but go ahead."

5. - Top - End - #545
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Nate

Nate Chirps happely finaly finding someone he can comunicate with."I think that a bit more than my Heuristic Processor is broken but i think thats a good place to start. But i have a few questions."Nate saysWhats been going on? one second I'm reliving some of my more colorful data bank entrys, the next i find myself sparking and i cant run my diagnostics. Where am i anyway? what happened to the bar on that miner station? Did the ship take damage? I'll have to have a talk with that one fellow messing with the control panels. perhaps i could teach him a thing or two. Nate says at the gungan with a happy tone.
    Now playing:

6. - Top - End - #546
    Ogre in the Playground

The gungan types a bit more into the datapad which then chirps in Binary.
    Spoiler
    Show

"If you can't tell what is wrong, your diagnostics is probably broken too. Did they blast you? I'm going to have to power you off to do this. Sorry."

*click* The gungan begins repairs to the droid. He works fairly quietly, with only the occasional, "Oisa!"

Trill attempts to check out Evayn's ears and after a few moments of looking, he smiles, nods to Evayn and heads into the Galley to clean up the mess that was caused by Kera's evasive tactics.
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

7. - Top - End - #547
    Orc in the Playground

Kaff

Getting to the common area, Kaff looks around and sees Evayn come down from the bridge. 'Good, he made it too.' He thought although Kaff was beginning to have some real worries about Daine.

Looking at the mess, Kaff says, "Well this is a mess. Is there any damage to the ship?" When Evayn doesn't reply, Kaff looks up. "Is there any dama . . ." Evayn is pointing to his ears. After a while Kaff figures that Evayn has been deafened, it takes a little longer to realize that he also can't hear anything.

Panic begins to rise in Kaff. 'What if this is permanent?!' Trill looks in Evayn's ear and smiles, Kaff quickly signals him over to look in his own ears and waits a little impatiently as Trill examines his own ear. Trill's smiling face and nodding is all the reassurance Kaff needs. He smiles and then begins helping Trill clean the kitchen area.

8. - Top - End - #548
    Ogre in the Playground

As Trill diligently cleans up the galley he checks on Kaff and Evayn when they complain about their hearing. Knowing how frustrating that is, Trill avoid saying anything and just motions them that it'll be okay and to sit down.

In the midst of the cleaning, Trill prepared two mugs of a semi sweet brown liquid with a very soothing and relaxing smell. Setting the mugs down in front of Evayn and Kaff, Trill continue to put supplies back into the cupboards and such.

Every so often Trill pokes his head down the engineer hallway to check on the Gungan and outbursts.

After about 10 minutes, Trill has the galley clean.

Spoiler
    Show

Anyone in the galley that can hear can make a listen check DC 8 to hear some sort of warning buzzer coming from the bridge.

Trill then turns his head around and looks around a bit. He then rushes off and up the ladder to the bridge. Moments later he leaps back down the ladder from the bridge and grabs Kaff and Evayn, pulling them towards the bridge(if they were not already on the way).

9. - Top - End - #549
    Orc in the Playground

OOC: After all the problems I just had with the dice roller, I'm going to assume that Kaff spent a little longer getting his hearing back and didn't hear the buzzer on the bridge.

Kaff

Wondering what was up with Trill, Kaff decides that he should head up to the bridge anyway. 'It must be important. But what does Trill expect me to do up here anyway? Shoot the problem?'

He looks around on the bridge and becomes aware of a slight buzzing noise.

10. - Top - End - #550
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Nate

Nate sits motionless as the Gungan works on him. When the warnign signal goes off he does nothing because he was shut down for repairs.
    Now playing:

11. - Top - End - #551
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

The buzzer goes unnoticed by Evayn, still deafened from earlier. When Trill gestures him and Kaff to the bridge, he wonders to himself, What now? Kera's route looked fine to me... He stands and enters the bridge, glancing about for a flashing light or warning screen.

12. - Top - End - #552
    Ogre in the Playground

Trill leads Evayn and Kaff up to the bridge. Entering the bridge, the contrast in smells is almost nauseating with the smooth relaxing smells from the galley and smell of burnt hair and flesh on th bridge.

Trill directs them to one of the functioning consoles. Evayn and Kaff lean in to look at the screen. They can feel the vibration of the buzz in the panel, but can't really hear it. On the screen is a flashing warning message :

Spoiler
    Show

Warning : Life Support System Failure.

{{
    Computer Use DC 15 to run diagnostics.
    }}

13. - Top - End - #553
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

"$#!*." Evayn sits at the console, wrinkling his nose, and comments aloud "Smells like the spidermice are taken care of." He taps at the console urgently, hoping the warning light is the problem, rather than a real issue with life support.

ComputerUse - (1d20+7)[14]

14. - Top - End - #554
    Ogre in the Playground

Evayn is able to bring up the current Life Support status. It is showing a fault, but refuses to show where or what the fault is. With Kaff's help he does manage to get the Diagnostics program runninng. About a minute later it reports back.

Zone 3 Recirculating Draw Pump Failure.
    Zone 3 System Pressure out of Tolerance.

Looking up Zone 3... You find Zone 3 provides life support to the crew cabins. The hull breach in Vicks' cabin is probably messing with the system. Seems like the Life Support system is pumping air into Vicks' cabin, which in turn is just being sucked out into space.

You could disable Zone 3 if you wanted, but then you'd have to use extra blankets(to stay warm) and sleep with the doors open(to let in fresh air).

{{ Computer Use DC20 to disable just Zone 3 }}
    Last edited by lawful_evil; 2007-05-27 at 05:39 AM.

15. - Top - End - #555
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

"Thanks. Hey, gimme a hand with this," Evayn says, gesturing at the console. He begins punching keys and comms the rest of the ship, not sure if anyone can hear him. "Hull breach, we're losing air. I'm shutting down the crew quarters LS zone. Sorry guys, it might be a whole lot steamier in there in a few minutes."

ComputerUse - (1d20+7)[11]

16. - Top - End - #556
    Orc in the Playground

Kaff

Since Evayn was saying everything too loud, Kaff guessed that he was still deafened. Asked to give a hand, Kaff tried but soon realized that he was out of his depth. He simply didn't know enough about how computers worked to get this to do what he wanted.

OOC: To assist DC 10
    (1d20)[6]+1

He got on the com after Evayn and said at a more normal volume. "Kera and Daine, if you are still alive somewhere, we really have a problem here that could use your help."

17. - Top - End - #557
    Bugbear in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Daine

Daine frowns as he pulls himself up the stairs to the bridge, his pants and boots the only thing on. "What's wrong now?" he says crossly, moving towards them and looking over their shoulders at the warning lights and display. "Damnitall," he curses and he reaches forward to the console.

((
    Computer Use: 1D20+10 = [10]+10 = 20
    Heh... I should have just saved time and took 10...
    ))

He grumbles slightly, recognizing what it meant. He looks to Kaff and Evayn. "Hope you two like each other, otherwise its going to get cold," he says with a sigh and walks off the bridge and back down to his room.
    DarkLadyoftheSith: Its not a Santanya post if there's not an edit at the end of it.
    Santanya: Its an addition. I need my fix.

18. - Top - End - #558
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

"What'd he say?" Evayn asks looking at Kaff, then shakes his head and pokes at his ears yet again. Still speaking slightly too loudly, he says "This is starting to get old," as he walks back down the stairs and drops into a seat in the common area, watching the old Gungan work on the R5 unit and waiting for his hearing to return.

19. - Top - End - #559
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

OOC: I'm still here.

Nate

The droid sits motionless as the old gungan works on him.
    Now playing:

20. - Top - End - #560
    Ogre in the Playground

The life support system disabled in Zone 3, Daine gets back to work leaving Evayn and Kaff on the bridge. The old Gungan sits with Nate working away on his Heuristic Processing.

Another 15 minutes before Kera and Daine have resolved their collective issues and rejoin the crew. In the mean time the only obvious result of the disabled life support is cool misty vapor which began drifting out of the crew cabins.

Spoiler
    Show

Gungan Repairs for 30 minutes
    Repair Nate (1d20+12=28)
    Heuristic Processor now at 885 / 2000.

When Daine comes out the Gungan takes a break, powers up Nate, and walks back to the galley saying, "Ooky me oivay. Yousin sir be having one very messed up and broken droid. Meesa be thinking that weesa should be attaching its little feets. That little alcove issa mui much very crowded. What yousa thinking about that?"

21. - Top - End - #561
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

Kera emerges with her flight suit zipped halfway up, the top half hanging off her hips, and pulling a loose shirt on. The top part of her black underwear is visible until the shirt is fully on. She leans against the wall and looks at Evayn, completely unaware of his hearing issues. While talking to him, she pulls on her boots. "It looked like the sensors were blown. Did you check if it was the console or the sensors? And didja look to see where that smell was coming from?"

22. - Top - End - #562

AssassinGuy

Daine

Daine emerges from his quarters a few moments later pulling his shirt down over his head, looking much less cross as he makes his way towards the engineering alcove. He pauses as he looks toward the gungan working on the droid and smirks and tries to make his escape. He smirks slightly before turning back to the Gungan. "We got what we paid for. If you would like to, by all means, but I have several systems on the ship that I need to look into before I can work on the thing. I'd like to try to get life support back up and running at full capacity and the engine repaired first as a priority." He smirks slightly as he turns back around and moves to the closest console he could pull up information about the ship on. Looking for routing for air supplies and heating systems in an attempt to figure out how best to seal off the breached quarters. "The droid will be nice once its up and running, but in the mean time we need to keep alive and in space." He pauses as he hears Kera. "Sensors too? Son of a gu... wookie.." he curses softly.

((
    Computer Use: 1D20+10 = [7]+10 = 17
    Knowledge(Engineering) + Research Ability:1D20+8+2 = [3]+8+2 = 13
    ))
    Last edited by Santanya; 2007-05-30 at 11:27 AM.
    DarkLadyoftheSith: Its not a Santanya post if there's not an edit at the end of it.

23. - Top - End - #563
    Ogre in the Playground

After a quick drink, the Gungan goes back to Nate and using his datapad, says in Binary :
    Spoiler
    Show

"Sorry, but I'm going to have to power you down again to make some more repairs."

Daine pulls up the ship schematics and soon discovers a manual cutoff valve which will keep air from pumping into Vicks' cabin. The pump failure is due to not being able to draw air out of Vicks' cabin for cleaning and recirculation. The pump also has a manual power switch which will keep it from burning out as it attempts to continuously pump air out of the vacuum of space.

Daine spends several minutes crawling and snaking his way through the intra-deck superstructure to reach the manual valve and power switch, but once he reaches the switches, the task could have been done blindfolded. At his furthest point only his boots were visible at the access port, the rest of his body deep into the dark recesses of the ship.

Mission accomplished, Daine is able to turn the life support back on after only 15 minutes of work.

Ah, but what to fix next... the sensors, the engine, the droid?

24. - Top - End - #564
    Orc in the Playground

Kaff

Kaff rolls his eyes as the Mule's pilot and engineer emerge. After Kera speaks to Evayn he replies, "uh, he can't hear you. Captain Spanners over here managed to deafen us with engine noise, I've gotten better but Evayn here still can't hear." As Daine leaves Kaff raises his voice so the engineer can still hear. "By the way, great flying Kera, if only someone had let me Shoot Back Maybe YOU WOULDN'T HAVE HAD TO MANEUVER SO MUCH!!!"

After fielding any replies, Kaff grabs the bag with the artefacts and the salvaged blast pistols and heads for his room only to find that the door won't open. "Aww, for crying out loud!"

25. - Top - End - #565
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Evayn remains unaware of Kera's questions until he realized Kaff seems to be talking about him, gesturing at him and his ears. He turns around and grins at the pilot. "Nice flying. This is the most fun I've had since I left the Core," he says sincerely. "I think we may be without our lovely spidermice though--bridge smells like the wrong end of a bantha."

26. - Top - End - #566
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Nate

Nate Beeps in disapointment at haveing to be shut down again. "Well if thats what its going to take. I guess i could use the reserved power." Nate lets the Gungan shut him down for more repairs.
    Now playing:

27. - Top - End - #567
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

"Ears blown, huh? Okay. I guess I'll just go check it myself then." She can't help but grin at Kaff, though. "'Captain Spanners'? Nah, he doesn't use spanners." She starts heading up the stairs to the bridge. "Screwdrivers? Yeah. Pliers? Oh yeah. Spanners? No." She ducks her head down to call out to Daine as he mucks with the access panel. "Do you even have a spanner? That might be fun to try." Then she bounds up the rest of the stairs to take a look at the sensor console.

{
    Trying to determine the problem with the sensors and fix anything immediately fixable about them.
    Comp Use, Repair: 17, 28
    nat 20 on the repair :)
    }

28. - Top - End - #568
    Ogre in the Playground

When Kaff starts yelling and such, Trill shrinks and shys away to the galley, muttering, "Yes, some nice food to calm everyone down.". He begins preparing more food with a fair bit of enthusiasm.

While Daine mucks with the life support, Kera runs the diagnostics on the sensor console. Not getting anything useful from the diagnostics, she pops open the panel where the smoke came out.

Much to everyone's surprise, Evayn was right about the spidermice. Two of them managed to short out the panel. Kera gets to work scraping the charred remains out of the panel. After a couple minutes it is, mostly, clean inside the panel. She reconnects several wires which have burnt and melted through with spare jumper cables. About 20 minutes into the task and the sensor screen comes on. It seems functional, but you don't get much of a signal in hyperspace, so its hard to tell for sure.

As Daine and Kera complete their tasks the ship is permeated with the 'wonderful' smells of overcooked fish(with a twist of lemon).

29. - Top - End - #569

AssassinGuy

Daine

From somewhere behind the wall, Daine responds, "Yes, because one little pop guns going to take out a cruiser!" He emerges sweating slightly and grinning as he makes his way to a console. "And you know, shooting at an Imperial cruiser makes them happy, and not reply with ALL of their cannons you know. They like being shot at... it gives them a real reason to hunt us down across the galaxy." He shoots a grin at Kaff as the vent springs into life. "Remind me of that later," he says slightly louder in the direction of the bridge as he head back to the alcove to take a look at replacing the coupling that he bypassed earlier. He pauses, glancing at Kaff again. "Thanks for the idea," he says with a grin before stepping back into the confined space with the Gungan and droid.

30. - Top - End - #570
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

"Don't worry, I will," Kera shouts down to Daine. Coming back down the stairs after hopefully fixing the sensors, Kera sniffs the air carefully. "Fish? What a great idea, Trill. Because nothing sparks my appetite better than scraping spidermouse guts off a console. If there are any more of those damn things, they have theoretically learned from the deaths of their brethren and will stay outta the damn bridge." She grabs a some food on a plate, then plops herself down in a chair to eat it. She speaks loudly enough so Daine can hear. "So far as I can tell while we're still in hyperspace, the sensors are fixed. It was just a short. No problem. You want my help with the engine, or is there something else that got hosed?"