New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 20 of 50 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293045 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #571
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

Trill smiles at Kera's comments and as she takes a plate, but corrects nasal assessment, "No no. Zest! Blacken Naboon Sea Grass with lemon and fish Zest."

Trill takes a plate of the dish back to the Gungan so he may eat while he works on Nate.
    This is my signature, there are others like it, but this one is mine.
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

www.facebook.com/kyleglowacki

2. - Top - End - #572
    Orc in the Playground

Kaff

Taking a plate from Trill, Kaff sits down with it and answers Daine, his voice dripping with sarcasm. "You're right Daine, if we shot at them, they might shoot at us . . . oh hang on. We didn't shoot at them and they STILL shot at us!"

After taking a bite he went on in a more normal tone. "Seriously, Daine. Most people, the Empire in particular, just love to shoot at a target that doesn't shoot back. Shoot back and you give them pause for thought. Yeah, sure, the might still be able to beat you and you may not do any damage but it shows that your willing to put up a fight and after that, who knows what might happen."

3. - Top - End - #573
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

Kera quirks an eyebrow at Kaff, stopping her fork halfway to her mouth. "You do know that was an Imperial Light Cruiser, right? Our two little guns are like mosquitoes to a ship that size. Better to reroute the power to the engines to get us away faster. I seriously doubt us shooting those things at them would have made them take any sort of pause."

4. - Top - End - #574
    Orc in the Playground

Kaff

"I've seen fully armed guards distracted by mosquitoes!"
    Kaff replied. "Heck, I've even taken a shot at some with a blaster rifle no less - damn hard to hit too. But no, really, no one likes being shot at even if it's with a child's toy blaster. It makes people think, this one's willing to fight and while the chances might be very small, it worries them."

Taking another bite and shouting, "hey Trill, this is really good!" In a normal voice he continued, "now Kera, I'm not saying it wasn't your flying that saved us. It was and was always going to be that way, but I think the Imp may not have been so keen to shoot if we had fired back. To stop someone who's running away, you just give it everything you've got. To stop someone running away who's shooting back, even with a squirt gun, you begin to wonder how badly you want them."

5. - Top - End - #575
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

Actually listening to what Kaff is saying, Kera finishes a bite before responding. "Maybe. I mean, that makes sense and all, but it's also possible that because we didn't shoot, they've dismissed us as not worth worrying about. Meaning: not worth reporting." She sighs a bit. "Whatever. We gotta upgrade this ship if we're going to be doing stuff like this often. We need some speed." She smirks then. "And we should carry around hull plates."

She pauses and taps her hand on the table for a moment. "I think just the engine can be worked on while we're in hyperspace, and Daine'll have that covered. I guess that means the droid for me. It sure would be nice if it did more than take up space, yeah?" She gets up, hands her empty plate off to Trill and grabs some tools. "Move, you big lout," she says with a huge grin to the gungan. Then she sits down next to the droid and starts working on it.

{
    Repair check to fix Int on the droid: 17
    }

6. - Top - End - #576
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

{By my count, that's a little more than an hour passing...}

Evayn raps himself once or twice on the side of the head, wincing, then says in a more normal voice than he's been using, "I think I can hear again. Yeah, definitely better." He takes some food and begins to eat, mostly listening to the rest of the crew. "Not as bad as I thought we might end up," he comments, glancing around the ship. "You're right though, upgrades may well be in order. Not a bad payday from this though, assuming everything else goes a bit more smoothly. We should be through the worst part."

7. - Top - End - #577
    Bugbear in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Daine

Daine walks out of the engineering alcove, frowning. "Have you seen the mess he has back there?" he says quietly, frowning. "I should be able to get the engine up I think, have to see," he says. He just rolls his eyes at Kaff as he begins to eat. "Very good stuff, Trill," he says. "Thank ya." He nods to Evayn. "If you want to smuggle, we need to get dampeners or other such things to cover what's in the bay. I won't do that again, all it does is screw the ship up more, which she doesn't need," he says, frowning. "We can't forget either," he says, droping his voice slightly. "I seriously doubt the Hutts are going to just forget about the ship too though."

After they talk, he heads back to engineering, attempting to hold his tongue to the Gungan, but grumbling slightly as he works around the others to get the engine back online.

((
    Repair on Engine: 1D20+15 = [19]+15 = 34
    ))
    DarkLadyoftheSith: Its not a Santanya post if there's not an edit at the end of it.
    Santanya: Its an addition. I need my fix.

8. - Top - End - #578
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera and the old Gungan work on Nate for another hour while Daine works nearby on the engine. The Gungan re-attaches the droid feet, so it is mobile again as well as attaching the telescopic appendage. The Gungan moves back to the Heuristic processor and works on it for a while.

Daine is able to remove the jury-rigging and get the engine functional. In order to do so he had to chisel off a bunch of charred-on build-up. Its clean, but most of the parts now need to be re-lubricated with fresh lubricant, which will need to be bought at the next system. The engine is functional, but until the lubricant is applied, the maximum speed is reduced by 1.

{{
    Lube should run 75-100 credits
    Nate : +42 on Heuristic processor. Feet and appendage are now attached.
    }}

After about a total of 2 hours and 15 minutes in hyperspace, the ship drops out of hyperspace. The lights dim and their is a low pulsed humming which seems to be coming from everything with a power supply, the engine, the galley, everyone's weapons, etc.
    Last edited by lawful_evil; 2007-06-01 at 06:37 AM.
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

9. - Top - End - #579
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

Looking up in suspicious surprise, Kera set the wrench she's using down carefully. "Oooooookaaaaaaaay. I know we aren't there yet." Approximately 3 more seconds pass before she jumps up and sprints up to the bridge to see what's going on. She sits down and straps herself in while checking the sensors and taking the controls.

{
    Computer Use, if I need it: 17
    Pilot, in case of imminent obstacle: 16
    }

10. - Top - End - #580

AssassinGuy

Daine

"What the bloodly hell?" Daine frowns deeply and immediately moves to a console and brings up a diagnostic trying to see if he can tell what's wrong, mainly focusing on the power systems of the ship.

((
    Repair for Diagnostic: 1D20+15 = [20]+15 = 35
    Knoweldge(Engineering) for anything that might cause this: 1D20+8 = [9]+8 = 17
    ))
    DarkLadyoftheSith: Its not a Santanya post if there's not an edit at the end of it.

11. - Top - End - #581
    Ogre in the Playground

Hearing the hyperdrive cut off, the old Gungan stands up and powers on Nate saying, "Okey day, meesa not so thinkin weesa there yet.". Pulling his datapad over he signals to Nate in Binary :
    Spoiler
    Show

"Try out the feet and the arm thing."

The crew rushes to the bridge to find out what happened to find the ship sitting still with nothing but distant stars in sight. Kera sits down at the sensor console and powers it up. While waiting for the first sweep Daine and the Gungan arrive. Daine gets right to work running diagnostics. The Gungan walks over to the front window and peers out into the blackness. After a moment he leans back and hits the switch for the exterior lights.

Startled by the sight, the Gungan staggers backwards, trips over Kera's foot, and falls on his rear. Looking out the window you see an old Duros Mk IX Falcon fighter. At least 50 to 60 years old. It seems powered off and adrift. The Gungan mutters, "Oivay, meesa remember when thatsa kind of fighting ship wuz newsa."

Daine's console begins beeping diagnostic failures and displaying flashing warning messages.

12. - Top - End - #582
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

Kera hits the ship's comm. "Evayn, I think you should get up here and see this." Switching the comm back off, she looks back at the sensors, then waits for Evayn to get up to the bridge before reporting what's there. "There are five things out there, probably ships. Can't say for sure how well our sensors are working, but there don't appear to be any life signs. There are three of those," she waves to the little ship the gungan pointed out, "something about our size, and something else bigger. Like 150 meters long bigger. If the hyperdrive is screwed, I could dock with that big ship. It wouldn't be a problem. Strangely enough, it's powered up, and there's air inside."

13. - Top - End - #583
    Orc in the Playground

Kaff

Looking out at the ancient fighters Kaff lets out a breath and says, "well, these must have come with the bigger ship. We could certainly salvage them. It would mean some good credits, hell, maybe even enough to get some of the upgrades we want."

OOC: If it looks like we're going to dock with the big ship, Kaff will go to his quarters and suit up with weapons and armor.

14. - Top - End - #584
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Evayn reaches the bridge and looks out clapping his hands once. "Nice! those things are old and rare. How much space do we have in the bay?"

After listening to Kera's explanation, he peers through the window, trying to spot the larger craft. "Air, huh? This could be good. Really good." He looks back at the rest of the crew and their passenger and says, "Spare parts, salvage, maybe even another ship--this thing's a hunk at this point, but I wonder what condition whatever's out there is in?" He grins. "Let's dock."

15. - Top - End - #585
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Nate

Nates telescoping arm works in and out a bit. and his magnetic feet whir as they come to life under his control. Nate squeals a happy thank you in binary and circles the area happy to be able to move again when the crew goes up to the bridge Nate follows till he reaches the ladder and stops. "Well it looks like i ain't getting any farther here."Whats going on up there? Anything i can help with?" Nate says up the ladder. realizing that he cant still be of use yet Nate wonders if he could try to fix himself.

OOC: can i make repair checks on myself using someones tools?
    Now playing:

Dogs of war Father Connor"Preach" Masmanus

16. - Top - End - #586

AssassinGuy

Daine

Daine frowns deeply. "Kera, shut down the active scan," he says, glancing back at her. "There's a reason we stopped..." He glances to the others. "While I'm all for picking everything here clean, there's a slight problem. That the scan you just did taking more power than running full bore," he says frowning deeply as he looks back at the display. "We're running with about everything out of wack, and going to be adrift if we drain the batteries. Something outside the ship seems to be drawing power." He begins working on the console, attempting to shut down as much as he can safely, cutting power to anything but basic manuvering, anything needed for docking and life support.

He moves over to the sensor panel with Kera and looks over them, ignoring the ships for now and looking for anything else, particularly anything that looks like power being drawn somewhere. "Those droids of yours are fully shut down. No 'if' 'ands' or 'buts' right?" he asks, his frown deepening.

((
    Repair: 1D20+15 = [4]+15 = 19
    Computer use: 1D20+10 = [19]+10 = 29
    ))
    Last edited by Santanya; 2007-06-02 at 09:37 AM.

17. - Top - End - #587
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

Nodding, she shuts off the active scan and starts maneuvering the ship around to dock with the largest ship, only asking the thrusters for the most minimal amount of juice to make the ship move. "I'll just keep it slow, then. We can get a good look out the window that way, too."

18. - Top - End - #588
    Ogre in the Playground

The old Gungan struggles to his feet and after realizing that Daine was talking to him sputters, "Oi? Meesa? Oiysa me be hope so. Without a broadancaster command thingy the droidsa wouldsa be acting all crazy like."

Daine easily disables most of the nonessential internal systems, sensors, weapons, shields, etc in order to save power. Kaff runs off the bridge and down to his cabin to change into the boarding party outfit.

Kera eases the ship slowly towards one of the large transport ship's docking collars. After a minute or so, she's in place and starts to ease the ship down into place when the whole ship rocks as she collides with the larger ship. The Gungan manages to remain standing by holding onto the guard rail around the ladder.

{{ Balance Check DC 10 or be thrown to the floor }}

After the ship bounces off she regains control and starts the approach again. This time she is startled by a pair of turbolaser blasts which whiz by the main window. She drops the ship suddenly down onto the heavy freighter as several more turbolaser blasters impact the hull. The Mule bounces off again, but Kera regains control quickly.

Looking out the side of the front window an Imperial Light Cruiser can be seen, having just jumped in. Its weapons are powered up and glowing as the fire at The Angry Mule again. When they energize to fire the next volley, all four visible weapon mounts detonate sending debris in all directions. The ship seems mostly intact but all the lights, visible through their windows, dim and then go out.

The old Gungan hollers, "Oivymay, theysa be following us. Meesa never going to be surviving thesa bombad imperials."

A green light goes on and there is a friendly tone as Kera successfully docks with the large freighter.

{{
    The docking ring access hatch is in the cargo area(partially covered by the droid containers).
    Its been two hours since launch, so don't forget to restore VP.
    }}

19. - Top - End - #589
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

"Sorry, sorry. Not used to flying this slow." Kera mumbles something incomprehensible as she concentrates on the docking. When the cruiser starts shooting, though, she is back to full comprehensibility. "They &*%^ing followed us?! That's just &*%^ing great." She makes a noise of annoyance that gets halted in mid-snort. "Hey, did that look like what I think it looked like? Did their weapons just blow up?"
    Last edited by dauphinous; 2007-06-02 at 12:13 PM.

20. - Top - End - #590
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Evayn lurches and grabs wildly at the sensor console as the ship rocks after the first docking attempt.
    Balance - (1d20+2)[10]

He manages to remain standing only to see the blasts fly by and the Cruiser pull into view. "What!? Don't they have anything better to do?" he shouts. His cry of dismay becomes one of amusement as their blasters are destroyed. Laughing, he replies to Kera, "I dunno what's happened, but it's in our favor so far. Let's get down to the hold and see what we've got here."
    Last edited by donteatdave; 2007-06-02 at 09:35 PM. Reason: following check...

21. - Top - End - #591

AssassinGuy

Daine
    ((Balance: 1D20+2 = [7]+2 = 9))

Daine falls backwards, grunting loudly as he hits the floor of the cockpit. He pushes himself up as quickly as he can, shooting a smirk in Kera's direction. As blasts from the cruiser impact the ship, he curses loudly. "What are those fools doi..." he trails off as the turrets explode, blinking a few times. "Well, that was entertaining..." he says.

He turns and blinks at Evayn a few times. "As much as I'm looking forward to pillaging," he says, pointing over his shoulder towards the cruiser. "Don't you think we should verify what's going on with them first?" He frowns for a moment, then looks towards the Gungan again. "Can you ask the droid if he's getting a higher than normal power drain right now?"

He glances back towards the cruiser for a moment. "We have any non-electronic binoculars around anywhere?" He reaches for the control panel, placing the intership communicator back online (Repair: 17 if needed), turning it to a passive only read for any signals. "I'm wondering if they completely killed their entire ship or not with that little outburst."

22. - Top - End - #592
    Orc in the Playground

Kaff

Heading toward his cabin for his blast rifle, Kaff felt a sudden impact.

[roll]1d20[/roll]+3

Running back to the stairwell leading up to the bridge he yelled up, "what's going on up there Kera?"

When he hears the answer he laughs momentarily and then abruptly stops. Standing stock still for approximately one second he figures that everything checks and then runs up the companionway, taking the stairs two at a time.

"Daine!" He yells as he runs. "We've got to power things down. Something in this region of space overpowers things. Guns, engines, all that sort of stuff. If we power up too much, we'll probably blow ourselves to bits."
    Last edited by Lord_Kimboat; 2007-06-03 at 02:54 AM.

23. - Top - End - #593
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

With a light chuckle, Kera powers down the engines. "Thanks for the tip, Kaff. I guess you think I was flying slow just to keep you on your toes." She shakes her head. "We've already powered down everything we can, and there go the engines." She unstraps her harness and stands up, peering out the window, as if being a couple of feet closer to it will actually make a difference. "Damn. Well, serves them right for following us. Oh, I should probably mention that the sensors picked up some weird interference from the ship we just docked with before I killed the active scan. It was coming from what is likely to be the engineering section."

24. - Top - End - #594
    Ogre in the Playground

The Gungan still staring out the window at the cruiser again misses the fact that Daine was talking to him and then says, "Meesa? Yesa I can be askin that of the droidsa, but there being an einsy weinsy problem with that. You see them diagnosical parts isa all smashed. I not be thinkin itsa going to be knowing if the power is wrong."

The Gungan walks around to the ladder and as he goes to climb down, he says, "Meesa not thinking theys all blowed up. Theysa gots the lights back on." He points out the window at the cruiser. There is a dull red light from several of their windows and someone inside is obviously using some portable white light as it can be seen sweeping around inside.

25. - Top - End - #595
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Nate

Nate lets out a small yelp as he falls over backwards. My stars whats going on now? he says. trying to push himself up using his telescopic arm.

Balance check: 1D20-2 = [9]-2 = 7

Nate realizes hes not going to get an answer he can understand and starts looking around his immediate area looking for Daines tools. If there accessible. he'll try reattaching his 360 degree vision, with success.

Repair check for reattachment: 1D20+4 = [15]+4 = 19
    Now playing:

26. - Top - End - #596
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

In answer to Daine, Evayn says "I'm not talking about pillaging, I'm talking about maybe powered weapons or something we can use--that Cruiser's not going away, and if they're in the same state as us they'll probably come try to dock as well. Also, unless there's something I'm missing, this ship we just docked with is the only thing out here that could be draining our power." He looks out the front screen again to see nothing but empty space, the other ship, and the derelict fighters. "If it's external, which I think it is, I bet it's coming from in there," he says, pointing. "Do what you need to, though, and everyone meet in the hold when we're ready to board."

27. - Top - End - #597

AssassinGuy

Daine

"Or, it could just be a anomaly of space," he says. "If its the ship, wouldn't you think they would have left by now with the booty rather than hang around for 50 years?" He frowns slightly, moving back to the console. "Why did the ship stop exactly?" he asks out loud as he tries to find out. "Until we know precisely what's causing the power drain, lets avoid powering up any weapons," he suggests. "You saw what happened to them."

((Computer Use to find out why the ship dropped out of hyperspace, gravity well, or other reason: 1D20+10 = [9]+10 = 19))

28. - Top - End - #598
    Ogre in the Playground

Daine gets on the computer and after a minute or so he brings up the Hyperdrive logs. Scrolling through the flood of messages which resulted from these power functuations, he soon finds that the hyperdrive power converter failed mid-jump and that the hyperdrive shut itself down to prevent and explosion. It could be the the plotted course just took the ship too close to whatever is causing the power fluctuations.

As the crew makes it way off the bridge, they find that Trill has been working to accomidate the newly mobile droid. Trill has strung up pulleys and a cable with a large hook at the top of each ladder. The intent seems to be that someone could pull the droid up the bridge or down to the cargo hold.

The Gungan makes his way over to Nate and using his datapad says in Binary,
    Spoiler
    Show

"The ship is stuck some kind of power drain. Do you feel a drain? We are docked with a nearby ship to see if we can discover the problem. I think we are all going over to that ship."

29. - Top - End - #599
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Nate

Nate swivles around to look at the desending crew. "Are we headed somewhere?" He asks getting a response from the gungans datapad. "Hmmm... I cant really tell my diagnostics package still needs repairs. Yet an adventre sounds promising. you think im in a good enough condition to tag along? Nate says hopefully. Of course it would be more an info gathering mission im not doing anyone any good fight wise and untill i get my intellagence fixed((didnt know how to say it))my computer use skills arent going to be top notch. Nate rolls over in front of Daine. perhaps i should stay behind and make repairs on myself incase my repair skills be needed He says sarcasticly poking fun at Daine. He'd smile if a R5 Unit had the ability to do so.
    Last edited by Third_Voice; 2007-06-05 at 07:28 AM.
    Now playing:

30. - Top - End - #600
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

Kera stops in her own cabin to grab her gun and pulls her flight suit on properly, zipping it up and strapping the gun around her waist. "I don't know how useful a half-working droid is gonna be, but I guess it can't hurt as long as it can keep up. I'm not carrying it if we end up having to climb down a ladder."