New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 21 of 50 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526272829303146 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #601
    Bugbear in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

Daine

Daine smirks slightly. "Could come in useful I suppose..." he says hesitantly and shakes his head. He pats the dome of the bot a couple times. "Could always use a step stool," he says as he steps around Nate to enter his quarters for a moment, returning with a jacket and his stun rod clipped to the side of his took kit.

He glances towards the gungan and pulls out his own datapad, flipping it on.

((Is that some special program, or something that would be part of a basic datapad?))
    Last edited by Santanya; 2007-06-05 at 04:44 PM.
    DarkLadyoftheSith: Its not a Santanya post if there's not an edit at the end of it.
    Santanya: Its an addition. I need my fix.

2. - Top - End - #602
    Ogre in the Playground

The Gungan smiles and says, "Oh yousa be liking that yesa? Meesa tells you hows I did it. The programs for the datapad, meesa made a copy right outa one of thesa astro droids. Itsa be working just fine on the datapad."

Shaking a finger at Daine, the old Gungan continues, "See, the tricksy part is the binary sound generator. Meesa be making that myself." The Gungan stands up tall and proudly thumps his chest once.

"Yousin seeming like a okay smart human. You should be able to be making one. The little droid, itsa be having the part that be making Binary Speak already. Yousa just be needing to pop it out and be making a copy. Itsa pretty simple, ifn yousa gots access to parts."

The Gungan walks down with the crew to the access hatch, which is mostly underneath one of the droid cargo containers. "So... meesa moving the container, but whatsa the plan? Them imperial whitetroopers isa going to be boarding and coming after me. Meesa not thinking I wants to going in there."
    This is my signature, there are others like it, but this one is mine.
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

www.facebook.com/kyleglowacki

3. - Top - End - #603
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

In response, Evayn says, "Well, we can't determine too much of what's wrong from here. My hunch is that something's going on with this ship. Kera said there was some strange activity in their engineering section, so that's where we're headed. Feel free to stay here if you like. If you want to do that, keep an eye on the sensors and comm us if anything important happens. Once we leave, the ship will be locked up until we get back, so you'll be stuck in here. Until we figure out what's going on I can't say much more." He glances around--everyone appears to be ready to go. "Unless there's any more to do, let's move. We don't have long before the Imps show up, assuming their engines still work too. Let's try to figure this out and get moving again as quickly as we can. Even if it is a space anomaly, maybe there's some information or records on that ship." With that, Evayn heads for the access hatch and waits for the Gungan to move the container. He checks that he still has the ship codes so he can lock it down after they leave.

4. - Top - End - #604
    Orc in the Playground

Kaff

In his room, Kaff straps on the Captain's blaster but leaves his rifle behind. He then takes his vibroblade and briefly switches it on, both listening and feeling the hum. If it sounds odd in any way, he's ready to switch it off.

He then heads toward the cargo hold. "Everyone might want to get a knife or a club or something. I don't know how well blasters will work with this anomaly around." He then moves to position near lock in the cargo hold.

OOC: Sorry everyone, I've got to head out of town for the next 5 days. I'll post when I get back.

5. - Top - End - #605
    Ogre in the Playground

As the Gungan commands the container to move to the side, Trill asks, "Excuse me sir, um, do you want me to go too?"

The containers slam together and a loud boom echos through the cargo area. "Oisa! Meesa having Bantha brains. Meesa going to have to be moving them all down a little to be giving yousa enough room."

The old Gungan starts sliding all the containers over so that the cumulative move is sufficient to clear the access hatch.

Once clear, the access hatch on the floor of the cargo bay slides open and a small platform raises up to be level with the floor. Next to the platform, but slightly recessed into the floor within the access hatch is a small control mobile remote control box.

{{
    The platform is a small personal elevator type lift. The remote control box has buttons to raise and lower the platform as well as open/close/lock the access hatch. You can use this lift to lower the crew(one at a time) the 4 meters down to the floor of the upperdeck of the large freighter.
    }}
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

6. - Top - End - #606
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

Grinning widely, Kera looks over at Kaff. "I nominate Kaff to go first. I'll cover you." She pulls her gun and waits to for anyone to either get moving or disagree. "I think you should stay here, Trill. We need someone we know to watch over the ship. And to keep an eye on that cruiser." She pulls out her commlink with her free hand and gives Trill the code to call it. "If you see anything going on you think we should hear about, use the ship's comm to call me. Like, them sending a shuttle, or moving over to dock or something. Those would be the sorts of things we'd want to know about."

7. - Top - End - #607
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Nate

After carful consideration and not getting an answer he could understand. Nate proclaims. "I think ill stay behind on this one. perhaps i could make a few more repair to myself. Plus the short one hould use another eye out for problems." As the crew make there way down to the cargo area Nate settles in and trys to find a set of tools.

Search check for tools in the area.: 1D20-2 = [5]-2 = 3
    Now playing:

Dogs of war Father Connor"Preach" Masmanus

8. - Top - End - #608

AssassinGuy

Daine

Daine chuckles softly at Nate and nods. "Probably for the best, would rather you not get stuck there if we have to leave quickly anyways," he says as he slides down the ladder to the cargo level and walks out. He bends down, retrieving the remote and grins slightly. "I'd have to agree with Kera... something about all that armour," he comments with a grin.
    DarkLadyoftheSith: Its not a Santanya post if there's not an edit at the end of it.

9. - Top - End - #609
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

"Yeah, you stay here Trill. Call us if you need anything." He waits for Kaff to enter the mysterious ship and glances about for a pipe or something blunt to take.

10. - Top - End - #610
    Ogre in the Playground

Nate and the Gungan head back up to the common area to begin working together to get Nate fixed up. Once there the Gungan suggests, via his datapad Binary translator, "Why don't we temporarily remove either your diagnostics package or you heuristic processor so I can work on them while you work on other things?"

Trill says, "Yes. I will do that."

The team lowers Kaff down the to the Large Freighter. His armor and helmet obscure any fear he might be showing. Once the lift clears the ship you can see Kaff spinning around checking the area to make sure nothing is waiting to ambush the team.

Once the lift bottoms out, Kaff hops off an disappears. You can hear his boots echoing up from the other ship, but can't see him at all. After 10-15 seconds he reappears at the lift and calls up, "Area clear, come on down."

11. - Top - End - #611
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

"I'll go next, then Evayn, then Daine." Huh. Who died and put me in charge? She shrugs once for no apparent reason and jumps down as soon as the lift is back up and within 4 feet or so. Gun out and ready, nods to Kaff as soon as she reaches the floor and keeps a watch in whichever direction Kaff isn't.

12. - Top - End - #612
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Evayn takes his place in the line, happy to let Kera and Kaff take the lead in this sort of thing. He readies his blaster, wonders if it will explode if he fires it, and enters the strange derelict ship.

13. - Top - End - #613
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera, Evayn, and then Daine allow the lift to lower them into this darkened room. The room is about 10 meters by 10 meters. There is a large blast door on one end of the room. On the wall to the left of the door and all along the left-hand wall are large thick glass windows. The only light in the room is coming from a single overhead flood lamp in the small room behind the thick glass windows on the left-hand side of the room. Several small slots have been manufactured into those windows at about waist height.

The minimal light in the room combined with the position of the light leaves many surfaces unilluminated and casts quite a few very long shadows around the room.

Around the slots in the glass and scattered over the blast door are old blaster bolt burns and carbon scoring. They've been cleaned up a fair bit but you can still see the point of impact.

Centered along the left-hand wall and about 3 meters from the wall is a scanner arch. Its a very old model weapons, explosive, and contraband scanner. There are a pair of lights on the top of the scanner, one red, the other green, neither are illuminated.

This large room seems to have been setup for two purposes. The first, obviously, is to welcome and/or screen new arrivals. The second seems to be to isolate hostile arrivals and/or cargo so it can be dealt with safely. Of course, with no one around to let you out, you are essentially trapped.

Feeling like he needs to test out two theories, Kaff raises his rifle, checks the battery and fires a shot at the glass. The glass doesn't break. The rifle doesn't explode. Kaff shrugs his shoulders and says, "Had to try. Looks like it used 3 charges out of my battery pack."

14. - Top - End - #614
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

"Well, now we know. Great." Kera scans the room quickly, checking for any obvious ways to get out of it. "Anybody got a light? I have one back in my room if we don't. I can just pop back up and get it." Along with the rest of my kit. I have no idea why I didn't bring it in the first place. Because I'm a dumbass, that's why. While she waits for the others to check what they've got, she takes a more careful look around, noting the locations of anything that might be an access panel or hatch.

{
    Search: 10
    }

15. - Top - End - #615
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

"I don't have anything," Evayn answers, looking around the ship. The quiet of the derelict freighter is especially unsettling after the last few very hectic days.

16. - Top - End - #616
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Nate

Nate lets out a mornful binary sigh as he watches the crew desend into the cargo hold. the sooner i get up and running at full copacity the more help i can be. he thinks as he turns around to trill. Get up to the bridge and man that com. if anything changes with that Imperal Ship let the crew know right away. I'll be down here trying to repair myself/ seeing as how i cant understand you i'm going to just assume that you understand and follow my insructions." Leaveing Trill to his ends Nate starts to work on his Diagnostics Package. Hopeing to get it up and running.

Diagnostics Package currently 40/250

Repair check for Diagnostics Package: 1D20+4 = [6]+4 = 10
    Now playing:

17. - Top - End - #617

AssassinGuy

Daine

Daine smirks at the others, reaching to his hip and pulling the glow rod off and flicking its power switch. "Probably won't last long form the sounds of it," he says as he begins looking for any way of opening the bay, paying attention through the slotted window particuliarly.

((
    Search: 1D20+4 = [7]+4 = 11
    ))
    Last edited by Santanya; 2007-06-11 at 04:02 PM.

18. - Top - End - #618
    Ogre in the Playground

Belly of the Beast

Daine, Kera, and Kaff begin checking the walls and windows for any signs of a hidden panel, switch, or any other way of opening the blast doors. After a while, Daine manages to locate the switch which opens the door. It is, regrettably, on the other side of the window and about 2.5 meters from the nearest slot.

Focusing on the area near the switch, Kaff manages to locate a seam in the wall panels near enough to the switch that you might be able to access the electronics the switch is connected to. The wall panel doesn't hinge open or anything, but the gap is big enough that with some effort you can wedge an edge in and eventually open it up.

Kaff does the Search thing.(1d20+2=19)

Taking the lead, Kaff takes his vibro blade and slowly wedges it in. Being careful not to damage the blade he get the edge under the metal and pulls back the metal enough that Daine will be able to get the end of one of his tools into the slot.

{{
    Using his tools, Daine can take a 10 on a repair check to get the panel open enough to reach in.

Stretching and reaching way into the wall, make a repair check DC20, but modify the check with Dex instead of intelligence.
    }}

Back on the Mule

Nate gets to work on his Diagnostics package. The old Gungan sits down next to him and works on the Heuristic Processor occasionally reaching over to hold something steady while Nate works on it.

{{ +2 assistance so Nate makes his DC 15 roll }}

Commander Trill

Trill calls down on the radio, "Excuse me. Their ship is very slowly getting closer to the freighter. Not sure if its drift or a slow maneuver. I'll let you know if they rotate to dock. Probably be another minute at least."

19. - Top - End - #619
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

Into the commlink, Kera says, "Thanks, Trill. Keep us informed." She keeps it in her hand and looks over at Evayn. "We should maybe have a plan if the cruiser docks. I'm thinking Plan 'Stay the Hell Away From Them' sounds pretty damn good right about now, but if they're looking to check the engineering section like we are, that plan might not work."
    Last edited by dauphinous; 2007-06-11 at 08:20 PM.

20. - Top - End - #620

AssassinGuy

Daine

Daine squeezes his way back in, attempting to short the blast doors to open. He takes a moment, reaching as best he can before he emerges with a grin. "That's an option if we can get free of whatever this is, but if not, then, well, we may have to find a different solution. Diplomatic or not," he says with a chuckle.

((
    Repair: 1D20+14 = [15]+14 = 29
    (2 Dex, 5 Ranks, 2 Gearhead, 3 Skill Emphasis, 2 Repair Toolkit)
    ))

21. - Top - End - #621
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Nate

Nate pauses at his work and turns to the Gungan. "Should we possabely try to make repairs to the ship so if things go afoul we may make a swift getaway. I mean, I'd love to be working in full copacity but isnt the well being of the crew more important now?" nate asks the old Mechanic

Repair roll for diagnostics Package: 1D20+4+2 = [11]+4+2 = 17

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    ignore the repair roll if the gungan agrees with me. Or use it to help Mr. Gungan (We really need to know his name) make repairs to the ship. Your call Lawful.
    Now playing:

22. - Top - End - #622
    Ogre in the Playground

Red wire / Blue wire

Daine reaches into the opening and begin his delicate work. After shocking himself on live wires twice, he manages to find the correct wires to manipulate. Voosh. The blaster door rises into the ceiling.

Not expecting the door to open so quick Kaff is startled by the sudden motion. He turns quickly and drops to one knee taking aim at the doorway.

Except for some dust kicked up by the blast doors, there is nothing moving. Beyond the blast door is hallway yielding two options. Left or right. Based on the orientation of everything, you think Left will lead towards the rear of the ship and Right towards the front.

The Angry Mule is docked about 25 meters from the front of the ship, which means its about 125 meters to the rear of the ship.

Galley

The Gungan pauses his work to tap out a message to Nate in Binary :
    Spoiler
    Show

"I think the engineer person got the ship running while you were powered down. Only thing wrong might be a dent from that last landing and the big hole in the side. We can't fix that while in space. I guess we could send you out onto the hull to fix it, but I can't do it."

23. - Top - End - #623
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Evayn starts as the door unexpectedly opens and Kaff crouches to fire. Seeing no danger, he relaxes again, although the (hopefully) empty ship remains unnerving. "Yeah," he replies to Kera. "Let's hope that works out. I'd rather avoid them all together too. Let's get moving," he says, looking cautiously through the door and starting down the left hallway.

24. - Top - End - #624
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

Following behind Evayn, Kera keeps her gun out and ready. "So, we go with shoot first and kill 'em all, shoot first and ask questions later, or talk first? Hypothetically speaking, of course. I just want to know how you guys like to handle this sort of thing. On my Dad's ship, it was always talk first. But then, he could sell tree bark to a wookie. Me, I'm not so hot at the talking thing. Better at the shooting thing."
    Last edited by dauphinous; 2007-06-12 at 08:32 PM.

25. - Top - End - #625

AssassinGuy

Daine

Daine grins sligthly, reslotting his tools back into their case on his leg, then pulls out the stun rod and follows, keeping an eye for anything that looks unusual or important in their search. "If we can find a console, we might be able to get a better idea of where we're going, etc," he says, looking around. He stops at the first console they come across and tries to access it, looking for ship schematics, and to see if he's able to lock down any other docking points on the ship.

((
    Search: 1D20+4 = [17]+4 = 21
    Computer Use: 1D20+10 = [18]+10 = 28
    ))

26. - Top - End - #626
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

"Let's stick with talk first--anything that lessens my chances of getting shot is good for me," Evayn says. Seeing the wisdom in Daine's suggestion, he keeps his eyes open for a console or data port to jack in a datapad as he leads the way through the darkened corridors, blaster at the ready.

27. - Top - End - #627
    Orc in the Playground

OOC: Hey all, I'm back! Thanks for sending me into danger first

Kaff

"Alright," Kaff says, getting up from his kneeling position, "we try the talking thing first. Although, from my experience, that usually just takes up what can be valuable shooting or, even better, running away time."

Moving into the corridor Kaff looks both ways for any threat. "So, do we go toward the bridge, or the cargo bay and engineering? Either way, I'll go first. That's what I get for wearing this armor. Evayn, you want to follow? That way you can try your talking before shooting theory and Kera, you might want to guard our backs in case something tries to sneak up on us from behind."

28. - Top - End - #628
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

"Be my guest," Evayn says, waiting for a moment while Kaff gets in front. "I'm thinking engineering, so probably this way."

29. - Top - End - #629
    Ogre in the Playground

The crew steps out into the hallway beyond the blast door. With Daine's glowrod you can see clearly for 10 meters. The hallway itself is 2 meters wide and fairly dusty. In places there are dark stains on the decking. Several elongated blaster burn marks are visible on the walls.

To the left(towards the rear of the ship and the engineering section) the hallway continues for the full 10 meters and beyond. About 6 meters ahead on the left is a doorway with "Restricted Access : Security Personnel Only" printed on the door. Judging from the distance it seems like it would lead to that observation area behind the glass.

To the right(towards the front of the ship) the hallway continues for 4 or 5 meters and the turns towards the right. Stenciled on the wall in somewhat faded white lettering is "Stores" and an arrow pointed to the right. Below that is stenciled, in yellow letters, "Sensors" and an arrow pointed to the right. Just below that are 7 small circular black marks, probably from some sort of blaster weapon.
    Last edited by lawful_evil; 2007-06-14 at 08:12 PM.

30. - Top - End - #630
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Nate

Nate continues working on his Diagnostics Package as he talks to the old gungan.
    "So what brought you to be on the crew of all humans? and if i can ask what are the names of my new masters? i Mean i did just get powered on again not to long ago. the last thing i remember is a power surg in te back and then Boom!... Lights out and i woke up here. nate seems to trail off a bit, as if he were sad.

Repair roll for diagnostics Package: 1D20+4 = [6]+4 = 10

OOC: is this thing fixed yet?still sitting at 40/250 And we can just pretend that anything the gungan says hes typed into his data pad to make thing easier.
    Now playing: