New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 22 of 50 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627282930313247 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #631
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

Kera

Kera nods to the left, starting down that way after everyone else. "Okay, so there was obviously a fight here. But on a ship this size...that just seems kind of weird. I mean, what kind of lunatic would storm a ship like this? Unless they were disabled first, I guess. Which leads us to more questions. I mean, if they were disabled first, then where's the other big ship? A handful of little ships didn't take down this one. If it was this power sink thing that disabled it, how did it start? They had to get here somewhere." She is mostly watching behind as they all walk, keeping her gun ready, but pointed at the floor. After stopping her barrage of musings rather abruptly, she says a little quieter, "Sorry. I'm a little nervous."

{
    Spot -1 if needed
    }

2. - Top - End - #632
    Ogre in the Playground

{{
    You don't need to keep re-rolling the repair checks. The fixes to those part which are line 40/250 or 300/800 or whatever take 8 hours to complete(I pro-rate the time if you don't have 8 hours). The check will restore Result*DC points. So, for the Diagnostics you rolled 17+2(tools)+2(assistance) = 21. The DC is 15, so you'll get back 315 points after 8 hours of work. That'll bring the diagnostics up over 250/250, so I do a little math to figure out how quickly you finish. So, with that check, you'd actually have it fixed in about 5 hours and 20 minutes.
    }}

The old Gungan pauses his work on the Heuristic Processor to tap in a message to Nate,
    Spoiler
    Show

"I think the captain's name is Evayn. I am not part of the crew. I hired them to delivery some battle droids for me. The repair man is Daine and the pilot lady is Kera. I don't remember hearing what the armored man's name, but he yells a lot. The chef's name is Trill. My name is Geetun Don Roots.".

Once the message is entered and the datapad is chirping out its binary message, Geetun goes back to working on the Heuristic Processor.
    Last edited by lawful_evil; 2007-06-15 at 06:58 AM.
    This is my signature, there are others like it, but this one is mine.
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

www.facebook.com/kyleglowacki

3. - Top - End - #633
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

"I think the only thing we need to worry about is the Imps," Evayn says. "This ship's obviously been here a long time undisturbed--look at the dust everywhere. Whatever happens here, our comm still works, right?" He glances at Daine for reassurance, continuing, "Assuming, and granted it's a big assumption, we don't get picked up for running the blockade, there's people I can call to come pick us up even if we can't just get out of here at a crawl on sublight drive." He doesn't say that he's also put off by the strange ship and the obvious signs of a battle, or by the prospect of facing trained Imperial troops. However, he does his best to keep the crew in good spirits. "Don't worry, once we figure this out and get rid of our unwanted company, we'll make enough off the salvage from this to take care of the 'Mule and we'll have a hell of a story for the next cantina we stop off in."

4. - Top - End - #634
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

"Sure, yeah. Story." Despite all of her bravado in the cockpit, it is clear that Kera is more than a little uncomfortable here. She follows along, constantly watching behind, and very nearly holding her breath most of the way. Her breath comes out slowly, but is inhaled in sharp little bursts through her nose. It's a ship. Just a stupid derelict ship. With Impies coming in to dock with it, and somehow I doubt they will just let us walk away if they have a say in the matter. but it's still just a ship. Floating hunk of metal and plastic. Just like ours. Only bigger. Much, much bigger. So big, that we are just expendable bugs beneath its shadow. &*%^. I'm just freaking myself out now.

5. - Top - End - #635
    Ogre in the Playground

The crew slowing makes its way down the corridor, past the first "Security Personnel Only" door, they quickly find a second door with the same markings. After a total of about 20 meters there is another door on the lefthand side with a small placard which indicates it as "Crew Quarters".

Another 10 meters beyond that, the corridor branches to the right. Moving up to investigate the intersection reveal that the corridor is about 35 meters in total length for it stops at a door a handful of meters after the branch. Once you get closer you see there is another door directly opposite the side hallway.

The door to the left is again marked "Crew Quarters" while the door at the end of the hallway is marked "Restricted Access : Cargo Bay". The side hallways has a small sign and an arrow pointed off to the right. The sign indicates the main hangar and the turbolift to the upper decks are down that corridor.

Map

Once Kaff reaches the intersection, Trill again contacts the crew via the commlink. "Excuse me again, but the Imperial ship is seconds away from docking with the Freighter. Looks like they'll be arriving on the upper level of the cargo area. Also, another ship just jumped in, a small well armed freighter. It immediately started maneuvering to dock. It looks like its aiming to dock near the bridge."
    Last edited by lawful_evil; 2007-06-17 at 07:06 AM.
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

6. - Top - End - #636
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

"Thanks, Trill." Kera looks around, joining the search for an access panel of some sort again, though she's only looking half-heartedly. "So, any chance we can confine our guests to their respective portions of the ship? Locking down the cargo bay and the bridge seems like a good plan if we can pull it off."

{
    Search: 10
    }

7. - Top - End - #637
    Ogre in the Playground

Once Daine and Kera round the corner the pair of turbolifts come into view. Between them is a computer terminal. Stepping up to the terminal they discover that it has also been hit by the blaster fire and is non-functional. Below the terminal is a standard Droid access jack point... if only you had a droid.

8. - Top - End - #638
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

Only a single expletive escapes Kera's lips. She looks up at Daine. "You think we have time to get the droid?"

9. - Top - End - #639
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

"It may be our only chance to lock them in when they board. If we can pull that off, we'll have all the time we need--if not, we'll have a fight on our hands anyway. I say we try it." Activating his comlink, Evayn hails Trill. "Hey Trill, can you tell that R5 unit to get to the cargo bay? We need it down here, pronto." Pausing a moment, he continues, "And see if we can't borrow that Gungan's datapad with the binary translator." Turning back to the rest of the crew, Evayn says "I'll go get the droid down the lift. Let's keep a careful eye on that cargo area door and the turbolifts."

10. - Top - End - #640
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Nate

Nate continues his work caring on his conversation with Geetun trying to find out whatever he can about his crew and the others here in the rag tag band. "Well i have had the fortune to keep my memoryes from all the way back to my day of activation. I started out in the service of Core sec but with the coming of the R2 units they opted to up grade to them." Nate says iritated. You blow your Motivator one time and all of a sudden no one wants to fly with you anymore. Hey if it wasn't for me that Sage kid woulda never made it back to base to recive medical attention." The droid stays silent for a moment. "One moment your a hero the next there selling you off to work in a bar on a mining falicity. At least im back where i belong... On a star ship. I just wish i could be of more use you know?"

As if responding to Nates words Trill come climbing down the bridge ladder and says something. Nate looks to the gungan woundering whats going on.
    Now playing:

Dogs of war Father Connor"Preach" Masmanus

11. - Top - End - #641
    Orc in the Playground

Kaff

"I'm not sure I like this." Kaff said still looking around. "If we get caught down here, we can't get out in a hurry. It will take us a lot of time to be hauled up that cable to the ship."

12. - Top - End - #642
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

Kera gives Kaff a smirk and an eyebrow lift. "I think if we need to get out faster, we'll think of something. Probably something right up your alley, like brute force." The welcome distraction of joking a little eases Kera's nerves a bit. It is obvious in her posture, which relaxes slightly, and the way she holds her gun, now leaning on her shoulder.

13. - Top - End - #643
    Ogre in the Playground

The Angry Mule

As Nate drones on about his life with the Gungan, the gungan continues to just focus on the work at hand. Oisa, and peoples be saying thats meesa be talking mui much bunches. This here droidsa needing a behavioring inhibitorsa.

Trill comes running down from the bridge and snatches the datapad off the floor need the Gungan and quickly enters, and the datapad beeps out in Binary : "Please hurry, Mr Evayn needs you down on the ship. Take this datapad with you so they'll be able to talk to you." Trill offers the datapad to the droid.

The Freighter

Evayn heads back to the docking bay to receive the droid. Kaff, Kera, and Daine wait patiently at the turbolifts. After 30 seconds or so, the whole ship shutters momentarily and a distant booming sound is heard from the door to the Cargo Bay.

14. - Top - End - #644
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Nate

Nate looks at Trill and rolls into action. his pincer reaches out and grabs the data pad before heading off to the cargo bay. "I'm gonna need lowered down here." He says to no one in particular making his way to the docking port as fast as possible. Once he gets down into the ship he asks Mr. Evayn, what's going on? Trill came running down and said you needed me. How can i help?"
    Now playing:

15. - Top - End - #645
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Once he hears the telltale beeps, whistles, and whirring of the approaching droid, Evayn lowers the R5 into the ship. Taking the datapad, he types into it as he begins moving swiftly back towards the scomp link in the wall. The message chirps out "We need you to jack into this ship and try to lock down the cargo area and the bridge. We've got visitors, and we want them locked in where they enter if you can." Reaching the turbolifts, Evayn points Nate in the direction of the scomp link and checks that his blaster is loose in its holster. Calling to the rest of the crew, he says ""Hey, someone check out that Security room and see if it's got anything that'll help us; weapons, maps, a console, video feed..."

16. - Top - End - #646
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Nate

Nate makes his way down the hallway in the direction Evayn pointed. He finds the consule and jacks in easily interfaceing with the computer system.
    It looks like i got the cargo bay doors locked but im not to sure about the bridge." nate says.
    Now playing:

17. - Top - End - #647
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

"I suppose miracles can happen. Kaff, how about you check the closer one and I'll check the one farther away?" She holsters her gun and dashes off to the Security Personnel Only door that is farthest from the turbolifts. Stopping in front of it, she scans the door for the means of entry, hoping there's a handle and that it's unlocked.

18. - Top - End - #648
    Ogre in the Playground

The Doors

Whilst waiting for Evayn, Kera checks out the security door nearest the loading bay. The door seems to a standard auto-door in that it will slide up into the wall above it, well, it would if it were active. Next to the door is a small keypad and what looks like some kind of sensor.

Looking over at the door she designated for Kaff, its got the same kind of keypad and sensor. If she walks directly towards the door, as if to enter, a small red light flashes on the keypad, but the door remains closed.

Elevator to ...

Evayn and Trill get Nate loaded and down the lift without any trouble. Once at the computer terminal Nate plugs in. The computer interface is a bit antiquated, but functional and Nate quickly accesses the ships computers.

Nate is able to lock the cargo bay doors, but if the Imperials have any techs on board, they'll be able to open it again. Its a bit more complicated to really lock out the controls on a long term basis.

The bridge controls deny Nate access. At that point speakers on either side of the broken terminal screen beep an unfriendly rejection tone and rejection message : "Antant. Access Denied."

19. - Top - End - #649
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Evayn enters more information into the datapad, which beeps to Nate "Give it another shot, and if that doens't work just see if you can find us the quickest route to the engineering section." Looking over the lifts, he wonders aloud "Are these things even active?"

20. - Top - End - #650
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

"Oh, hell." Kera gives a shot at trying to access the door, first by trying to override the code, then, if that doesn't work and there is time, by trying to wire it into submission.

{
    Computer Use, Repair:14, 26
    }

21. - Top - End - #651
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Nate

Nate beeps an affirmative to Evayn and gives the bridge doors another try.

"Got it!"Nate Proclaims. "I'm gonna lock out access to the locks of both doors. If nothing else it will slow em down a bit longer so we can make our get away. Nate also trys to access the ships schematics to find a rought to the engineering section

Last edited by Third_Voice; 2007-06-19 at 10:12 PM.
    Now playing:

22. - Top - End - #652
    Orc in the Playground

Kaff

Moving to the door Kera gave him to check out, Kaff thought to himself, 'why do I always do what she tells me to?' A second later, he thought back, 'well what Kera says usually makes some sort of sense. Besides, was I doing anything else vital at the time.'

Finding the door with the keypad access. Kaff yells down the corridor. "Hey! After the droid locks the doors to the cargo bay see if he can open these two here?"

23. - Top - End - #653
    Ogre in the Playground

Nate has downloaded the schematics for the ship and can upload it to a datapad at some later time. The bridge and cargo bay doors are "secure" for now.

Kera, tired of waiting, whips out her kit and pops the cover off the keypad and after a bit of cross wiring and a few sparks her door slides up with a woosh. the room beyond is "the room behind the glass". There are two other doorways, one back in the direction of the turbolifts probably is the same room as Kaff is attempting to enter. The other leads even further away from hallway.

Evayn finishes securing the lift to the ship and heads back towards the turbolifts.

{{
    See the Map
    }}

24. - Top - End - #654
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

"Oh, hell. What a damn waste of-" Kera just stops, then paces over the door Kaff is at. She tries to get this one open next, hoping for it to go as quickly as before.

{
    Computer use, Repair: 16, 15
    }

25. - Top - End - #655
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Nate

"It seems were on the lower level." says Nate. To get to engineering we have to take the left hand turbolift up to the middle deck and cross the main cargo bay. Nate turns to look at Evayn. "Didn't i just lock down those doors?" Nate trys to see if he can access a security camra system on the ship.

{Computer use check: 1D20+4 = [20]+4 = 24
    }
    Now playing:

26. - Top - End - #656
    Bugbear in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Daine

Daine smirks at the broken Terminal and follows Kera as she explores the deck, pulling out his stun rod as they move, looking around.
    DarkLadyoftheSith: Its not a Santanya post if there's not an edit at the end of it.
    Santanya: Its an addition. I need my fix.

27. - Top - End - #657
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Evayn keeps typing into the translator: "Alright, let me know if you can see anything with the ship's surveillance, and I guess unlock our route." He allows himself to think, Dammit, internally, then calls out to the rest of the crew scattered through the halls "OK, unless there's anything else to do here, the engineering section is through the cargo hold, up one level. Come on back to the turbolifts whenever you're ready."

28. - Top - End - #658
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera and Kaff are unable to get the other security door open before Nate and then Evayn provide information regarding the situation. Nate plugs in an begins accessing various security cameras around the ship.

{{
    Retry your door access if you like.
    Camera Details in a PM.
    }}

29. - Top - End - #659
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

Unwilling to just give up completely, Kera looks at Daine. "You try it?" She steps out of the way to let him have access to the panel. "Hang on, Evayn," she calls over to him, "we'll be there shortly."
    Last edited by dauphinous; 2007-06-21 at 08:33 PM.

30. - Top - End - #660
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Nate

"Ummm... Guys?" Nate has a worried tome in his voice. "If your going threw there you better hurry. Unlocking the cargo area cant be a good idea t Looks like someone cutting threw the bulkhead in the cargo hold with a torch, and i just lost a camera on the bridge. Whatever happened here theres dead bodies everywhere and signs of battle. Perhaps we should return to the ship?" Nate lets out a worried tone in binary.

Spoiler
    Show
    I have a bad feeling about this!
    Now playing: