New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 26 of 50 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #751
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

Kaff

Kaff too is distracted by the blast. Distracted and distressed. "Hey, are you guy's alright back there? Respond, please?"

Held by doubts, Kaff doesn't know if he should try to rush over and help his friends or continue with what he is doing. However, the sight of one of the stormtroopers (the one that is still standing up) running in the direction of the blast, makes the decision for him. He was told to hold them off.

Attack
    (1d20)[5]+5

Damage
    (3d8)[14]

2. - Top - End - #752
    Bugbear in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Daine

Daine stumbles slightly but catches himself. He shakes his head once and looks across the bay. He lets out a soft whistle as he moves behind the taller crate, grabbing the leg of the dead technician and dragging him behind the crate to give a quick once over for anything useful.

Spoiler
    Show

Balance Check: 1D20+2 = [18]+2 = 20
    Strength(If needed):1D20 = 16
    Search:1D20+4 = [8]+4 = 12
    DarkLadyoftheSith: Its not a Santanya post if there's not an edit at the end of it.
    Santanya: Its an addition. I need my fix.

3. - Top - End - #753
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

Knocked onto her butt by the blast, Kera, whose flight suit now has little bits of shrapnel embedded in it, starts swearing quietly but vehemently in Rodian as she scrambles to her feet to get behind some cover. She pauses in her muttered litany of insults directed at Imperials, exploding things, flying crates, and others long enough to say out loud, "I'm okay. Generally speaking."

She shakes her head to keep her focus and decides to just make for the Engineering section. Gun ready, she dashes that way, leaving Kaff and Evayn to deal with the stormtroopers.

{
    Ref save: 12
    damage: 3
    DR of flight suit negates WP damage
    Balance check: 7
    Double move, intending to stop on this side of the doorway to peer through it before moving through it.
    }

4. - Top - End - #754
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Spoiler
    Show

Evayn's saves and checks:
    Reflex - (1d20+4)[17]
    Balance - (1d20+2)[22]
    Edit: Just in case the editing kills these, Ref 17, Balance 22. Natural 20, baby. Whooo mad balancing skills!

Edit after dice results known:
    Evayn ducks and shields himself from the blast and leaps back a pace to avoid the moving crate. Unharmed and still upright, he approaches the downed officer, turning once to fire at the incoming stormtrooper on the way.

[roll=Attack]1d20+4[/roll]
    [roll=Damage]3d6+2[/roll] Rolls include PBS bonus.
    Last edited by donteatdave; 2007-08-04 at 02:27 PM. Reason: finding out the results of some die rolls, then writing in the actions.

5. - Top - End - #755
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Re-writing the rolls:
    Attack - (1d20+4)[21]
    Damage - (3d6+2)[11]

6. - Top - End - #756
    Ogre in the Playground

Kaff fires at the pair of stormtroopers and puts his shot dead center, right between them. Just after Kaff shoots he notices a another pair of imperials emerging from the light cruiser. This time an officer(I) and a crewman(C).

Kera stands up, a bit wobbly at first and then rushes towards the engineering bay doors. The doors are closed and based on the officers actions, she would guess locked. Daine moves away from the doors and the blast area to search the dead crewman.

Spoiler
    Show

The crewman's gear :
    Imperial sidearm (holdout blaster) (42/50 charges)
    Tool Kit
    Security Kit
    Low Power Pocket Sensor Pack(4kg - grants +1 to listen/spot/search while in use) - Damaged
    Commlink
    Crewman's Uniform(DR-1, MaxDex+6, ACP-2, Weight 3kg)
    Boots

Evayn steadies himself after the blast and then raises his blaster, turns, and fires a shot at the one stormtrooper still standing. The shot hits the trooper in his shoulder armor. The trooper spins and drops to the ground in a puff of smoke.

Spoiler
    Show

Blast Damage(Take Half round down) (1d4=3)
    So, you take 1 VP from the blast.

Just as one stormtrooper falls, the other pops up to a kneeling position with his rifle and fires a clean shot just nicking Evayn.

Spoiler
    Show

Hit for 12 damage. So.. 11 more VP and 1 WP lost. You'll need to make a Fortitude Save DC 6 or pass out from the pain. In any case, you are now injured so you'll have -2Dex and -2 Str till you are healed.

As Evayn reals from the pain his commlink suddenly release a burst of static and then clears up. He can hear Trill speaking, "Evayn? Is that you? The camera on the lift stopped working. What are you trying to do? Did you lose the access codes? Do you need me to open the hatch so you can get back on the ship?"

{{ Nate has finished accessing the computer and can post any time he wants }}

Updated Map

Spoiler
    Show

Evayn : 0/12 VP 11/12 WP
    Kera : 0/11 VP
    Droid : -22/10 WP "dead"
    Storm1 : -3/12 WP "dead"
    Storm2 : -6/12 WP "dead"
    Officer1 : -14/10 WP "dead"
    Technician(W) : -2/10 WP "dead"
    Storm3 : 12/12 WP
    Storm4 : 6/12 WP KO for 1 round
    Kaff / Daine : Full
    Nate : Full-ish
    Officer2 / Crewman2 : Full
    Last edited by lawful_evil; 2007-08-04 at 08:35 PM.
    This is my signature, there are others like it, but this one is mine.
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

www.facebook.com/kyleglowacki

7. - Top - End - #757
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

Kera doesn't wait for Evayn to respond to Trill. He's got more important things to do. Like shooting stormtroopers. "No, Trill, do not open the hatch. Repeat, negative on opening the hatch." She stops at the control panel for the door and takes a quick look over it. Since Daine isn't there yet, she takes a shot at getting it to work. Hopefully, it wasn't damaged much in the explosion.

{
    Repair on the door: 16
    }

8. - Top - End - #758
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Fort - (1d20+1)[16]

{OOC: Will fill in actions here when I get the result of that}

Evayn reels from the blast, clutching at his side. He stumbles back (1N, 1W) to gain some cover from the stormtrooper and fires back with his own blaster. "Kaff," he calls out, "Concentrate your fire on that trooper!"

{OOC: as it doesn't seem to like rolling during an edit, I'll just do another post for the attack}
    Last edited by donteatdave; 2007-08-05 at 02:28 PM. Reason: Waiting for result from the Fort save.

9. - Top - End - #759
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Attack, no PBS and at a -2 range increment;

Attack - (1d20)[15]
    Damage - (3d6+1)[9]

10. - Top - End - #760

AssassinGuy

Daine

"Bingo," Daine says as he looks over the tech. He grabs the tech's commlink and flips it on. "Pull people back!" he says into it urgently. "The blast knocked loose something over here, seal the ship! Seal the ship!"

((Bluff: 1D20+1 = [18]+1 = 19))

He then gathers several items off the man, getting ready to move towards the door.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Taking the:
    Imperial sidearm (holdout blaster) (42/50 charges)
    Tool Kit
    Security Kit
    Low Power Pocket Sensor Pack(4kg - grants +1 to listen/spot/search while in use) - Damaged
    Commlink
    DarkLadyoftheSith: Its not a Santanya post if there's not an edit at the end of it.

11. - Top - End - #761
    Orc in the Playground

Kaff

"Kaff," Evayn calls out, "Concentrate your fire on that trooper!"

Speaking into his com, Kaff replies as he shoots, "okay, but there's two more on their way."

Attack on Stormtrooper
    (1d20)[2]+5

Damage
    (3d8)[17]

12. - Top - End - #762
    Ogre in the Playground

Kaff continues his streak of bad luck/bad aim. His blaster shot impact the 3 meter tall crate behind the two troopers.

The newly arrived officer sees Kaff shooting at the troopers, says, "Get Down!" and shoves the crewman towards a large crate before taking a bit of cover behind it as well. The crewman disappears behind the large crate as the officer draws his weapon. Once he finishes taking cover, he takes a single shot at Kaff. The shot just clips Kaff's armor on his left shoulder.

Spoiler
    Show

Hit AC 23 for 12 damage.

Kera moves over to the access control panel for the door to engineering. She begins clawing at the cover attempting to remove it. After a few seconds she gets her nails under the edge and bends back the cover exposing the internals of the door mechanism.

Daine grabs some loot and attempts to a bit of trickery over the Commlink. Evayn stumbles backwards and fires at the stormtroopers. His shot is low and impact the crate the trooper is standing behind.

Just after Evayn's shot, the stormtrooper moves out his sight and towards Kaff. He takes a kneel behind a low crate and fires at Kaff. His shot also clips Kaff, but in the opposite shoulder.

Spoiler
    Show

Hit AC 25 for 6 damage.

The stormtrooper, which Evayn shot last round, begins to stir. He slowly shakes his head and pushes himself up till he is kneeling with his hands on the ground. His rifle lay on the ground to his side.

Although Nate remains plugged into the computer terminal, the sounds of some sort of droid can be heard off in the direction of the turbolifts. {{ Around location "L" }}

The Imperial commlink responds to Daine's request with, "Copy that."

Updated Map

Spoiler
    Show

Kaff : 1/19 VP
    Daine : Full
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

13. - Top - End - #763
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

Dammit. Daine is supposed to do this stuff. At least he won't have to waste his time opening the panel. She looks around, surveying the situation, then takes a shot at the closest stormtrooper. Sure, it draws attention over here, but hopefully Kaff and Evayn can keep these guys occupied enough for now.

{
    to hit, damage: 17, 11
    }

14. - Top - End - #764
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Evayn ducks and moves toward the troopers, taking cover behind a 2m high crate (move straight down, 5S). Peering around it, one of the troopers is just within line of sight. He fires with the pistol again (at the stormie 1W, 8S from him; I think he has LoS to the guy).

Attack - (1d20)[10]
    Damage - (3d6+1)[14]

15. - Top - End - #765
    Orc in the Playground

Kaff

Under pressure, being shot at from two sides, Kaff knew that he was in trouble. Sadly, there was little he could do about it. His recent shots had been driven wide from suppressing fire that was coming uncomfortably close.

Continuing to hunker down behind what cover he did, Kaff kept shooting at the stormtrooper.

Attack
    (1d20)[3]+5
    Damage
    (3d8)[11]

16. - Top - End - #766

AssassinGuy

Daine

Relatively satisfied, Daine ducks low and moves towards the door with Kera. "Did you forget your keys again?" he says, grinning to her. He kneels in front of the access panel and attempts to get the door to open. "The nice imperials were nice enough to bring us one though," he adds, pulling out the security kit.

Spoiler
    Show

I'm not 100% sure how 'Open Lock' works in SW since there's no 'Open Lock' skill (And I don't have access to my book right now). I got a 6 on the die, which with the security kit would give me:
    Disable Device: 16
    Repair: 21

17. - Top - End - #767
    Ogre in the Playground

Kaff, feeling a moment of deja vu, fires his blaster and he hits the same spot on the three meter tall container behind the stormtroopers.

The officer leans out from around the corner of the container, takes aim at Kaff, and then stumbles. He bumps his hand and blaster against the corner of the container and the energy clip ejects. He clicks the trigger twice before he notices nothing happens and dives down for the clip.

Seeing Daine approach, Kera turns and takes a shot at the stormtroopers. He shot was close, but she failed to account for the effects of range on heavy blaster bolts. The shot passed behind the stormtrooper and impacted the 2 meter tall crate behind him.

Daine runs the 25+ meters over to Kera and after a bit of witty banter, he begins to examine the hatch controls. {I'll use your roll for next round}

Evayn moves up and takes cover behind a tall crate. The fallen stormtrooper rises to his feet and readies his weapon. When the time is right, Evayn peeks out around the corner and fires a shot at the stormtrooper. The shot is just a little low and impact the crate in front of the trooper.

The second stormtrooper continues to fire at Kaff, determined to put down the armored rebel. His shot went well above Kaff's head impacting the two meter tall crate behind him.

The mechanical droid sounds continue and continue to move. Kaff can hear the sounds circle around from behind him to his left.

Updated Map

Spoiler
    Show

Last edited by lawful_evil; 2007-08-09 at 03:47 PM.

18. - Top - End - #768
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

Smirking, Kera stays between Daine and the stormtroopers. "Yes, I must have left my keys in your pants." She takes a step forward to get a little bit closer to the bad guys, which seems like a really stupid thing to do, but these damnable blasters only work well from so far away. After switching her gun to multifire mode, she takes just a moment to line up another shot, then fires again.

{
    to hit: 8 (forgot penalty)
    to hit #2: 11
    }

19. - Top - End - #769
    Orc in the Playground

Kaff

Realizing that he is not in a good position, Kaff decides that he can only benefit from moving. He's feeling fairly exposed where he is despite the cover.

Getting up, he runs further into the cargo bay.

Move Action 1 - get up from kneeling
    Move Action 2 - Move 1n, 1nw, 3n

20. - Top - End - #770
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Now within a shorter range, Evayn fires again, gritting his teeth against the pain. He leans against the crate to steady himself as he attacks the recovering trooper.

Attack - (1d20+3)[19]
    Damage - (3d6+2)[15]

21. - Top - End - #771

AssassinGuy

Daine

Daine chuckles softly, trying to mentally blend with the wall as he works to get the door open.

((Awww, can't I roll new ones?))

22. - Top - End - #772
    Ogre in the Playground

Kaff stands and moves himself towards the other end of the cargo bay. He manages to put a tall container between himself and the stormtroopers. Although, if the officer manages to get his blaster back together he'll have a relatively easy shot at Kaff.

The newly arrived officer and crewman linger out of sight doing whatever it is the Imperials do. Kera sets herself up for a couple quick shots at the Stormtroopers, but misses on both. Both shots impact to the right of the stormtrooper, hitting a 3 meter tall cargo container.

Daine uses his newly acquired tools to unlock and open the door. The door to engineering slides open about a meter or so. A large crunching sound is heard the door jams in that position(about 1 meter open, R5-N8 will not be able to pass through the door).

Spoiler
    Show

Daine is able to tell that the door wasn't just locked. Someone else had messed with the wiring in the panel to keep the door from ever being open except by someone that knew what they were doing.

Evayn peeks out from around the corner again. This time his aim is true. His blaster bolt hits the stormtrooper in the chest, leaving a burn mark, a puff of smoke, and a dead trooper. The stormtrooper collapses to the ground, his weapon(F) falls to the surface of the crate in front of him.

The other stormtrooper, having seen the blaster fire from Kera, moves up and takes cover kneeling between a couple of low crates. He readies his rifle, but doesn't get a chance to fire. Just after he moves there is a high pitch mechanical whine from the south-east quadrent of the cargo bay.

Updated Map

Spoiler
    Show

Bodies are shown with a "B". Dropped melee weapons are shown with a "M". Dropped blasters are show with a "F"

Storm4 : -5/12 WP "dead"
    R5-N8 : Full-ish

23. - Top - End - #773
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

After taking one more shot, Kera waits for Daine to move through the door. Then she steps back and through the door, putting it between herself and the firefight. "It's all you, Daine. No pressure." She cracks a grin.

{
    If Evayn is also shooting at the same trooper, assist him, so he gets a +1 to hit.
    Otherwise, just shoot:
    to hit, damage: 19, 10
    }

24. - Top - End - #774
    Orc in the Playground

Kaff

OOC: Umm, Kaff should be two squares to the west (left). Not that I'm complaining, the map updates must be a nightmare for you LE!

IC:
    Ducking between the narrow alley between two large containers, Kaff moves toward Evayn. As he moves, he pops out the power cell from his rifle and reloads it from a fresh one on his belt.

Move Action: 5w
    Move Action: Reload Blast Rifle.

25. - Top - End - #775
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah, my bad, I had you go NE instead of NW. All fixed.

26. - Top - End - #776
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Evayn smirks, breathing hard, as Kaff approaches him behind the crate. "Tenacious aren't they? You'd think they'd have figured this out by now." With that, he leans out and fires again when the trooper stands.

Attack - (1d20+3)[15]
    Damage - (3d6+2)[9]

27. - Top - End - #777

AssassinGuy

Daine

"Bingo," the engineer says, quickly moving through the door of into engineering and looking about. "Now then..." he says, a grin forming on his face already.

28. - Top - End - #778
    Ogre in the Playground

Kaff reloads his rifle and moves up behind Evayn. Kera fires a shot at the Stormtrooper in order to drive him to a position to help Evayn hit. After her shot she follows Daine and shuffles backwards through the door to engineering.

Evayn/Kaff :
    Spoiler
    Show

You can both hear a very faint high pitched noise. It sounds like some weapon somewhere is building to overload. It is so faint, its hard to tell which one.

Daine/Kera :
    Spoiler
    Show

PM with details on the Engineering section.

Evayn pops out from around the corner and fires at the last Stormtrooper. His shot strikes the trooper in the arm. The trooper flinches and rolls away. The trooper switches his rifle to the other hand and fires a shot at Evayn. Evayn ducks back behind the corner just in time.

More droid noises are heard in the south-east quadrant as well as a echoing thump.

Updated Map

Spoiler
    Show

Bodies are shown with a "B". Dropped melee weapons are shown with a "M". Dropped blasters are show with a "F"

Storm3 : 3/12 WP
    Storm4 : -5/12 WP "dead"
    R5-N8 : Full-ish

29. - Top - End - #779
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

^&$% me. "What do you think would happen...?"
    Kera just leaves the question there, no need to elaborate. Not really any need to get an answer, either. She turns her back on the offending sign and keeps a watch at the door. If anyone is able to manage circling around to this door without Kaff or Evayn noticing, she does not want to get shot in the back.

{
    Ready action to shoot if anyone hostile comes within about 15 meters or so of the door Kera is currently hiding behind
    }

30. - Top - End - #780
    Orc in the Playground

Kaff

Reaching Evayn, Kaff says, "Captain, cover me and I'll run up behind that crate," he points to a crate to the north. "Then, I'll give you cover fire while you come up.

OOC: I'm guessing a conversation with gestures, etc., would probably take up the whole round.