New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 27 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #781
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

Evayn nods quickly, pausing only to catch his breath again for a moment. He then leans back around the corner, firing to cover Kaff's movement.

{OOC: If possible, using aid another against Defense 10 to give Kaff +2 to Defense? If not, just firing at the stormie.}

Attack - (1d20+3)[5]
    If necessary: Damage - (3d6+2)[16]

2. - Top - End - #782
    Bugbear in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Daine

"Obviously its the off switch," Daine says. "It also rains confetti down." He moves quickly grabbing a suit as he moves to the console. He takes a deep breath and blows hard over it once and looks it over, trying to figure out what any of the controls do.

Spoiler
    Show

Not sure what skill one would use for this so:
    1d20 = 12
    And now a listing of his technical skills:
    {table]Skill|Bonus
    Computer Use|+12
    Knowledge(Engineering)|+8
    Profession(Engineer)|+8
    Repair|+15
    Craft(Starship Weapons)|+8
    Craft(Space Transports)|+7
    Craft(Hyperdrives)|+7
    Craft(Electronic Devices)|+8[/table]
    DarkLadyoftheSith: Its not a Santanya post if there's not an edit at the end of it.
    Santanya: Its an addition. I need my fix.

3. - Top - End - #783
    Ogre in the Playground

Kaff moves up and relays his plan to Evayn, getting himself ready to run towards a crate to the north. {{ Not sure which one }}

Kera uses the doorway for cover and keeps an eye out for hostiles, but does fire, given the range to the nearest Imperial.

The Imperial officer and crewman close on the situation, moving crate to crate taking cover. When Evayn attempts to fire at the downed trooper he finds that his blaster doesn't shoot. Each time he clicks the trigger there is a sudden increase in the intensity of a high pitched sound coming out of his blaster.

The stormtrooper rolls and takes aim, left handed, and fires. His shot isn't even close. It bounces off the cargo elevator, then off the far wall, and eventually impacts one of the cargo containers on the far side of the cargo bay. At about same time he says, loud enough for Evayn and Kaff to hear, "Sir, they've entered the Engineering section." The officer then responds, "Get in there and keep them from destroying it."

There is a loud sound of metal scraping on metal from the south side of the cargo bay. Just as the scraping stops, Trill comes on everyone's commlink radio again, "Do you need assistance sir? Why are you cutting open the access panel? Are the controls jammed? Do you want me to try the controls on this side?"

Updated Map

Spoiler
    Show

Bodies are shown with a "B". Dropped melee weapons are shown with a "M". Dropped blasters are show with a "F"

Evayn : 0/12 VP 11/12 WP
    Kera : 0/11 VP
    Droid : -22/10 WP "dead"
    Storm1 : -3/12 WP "dead"
    Storm2 : -6/12 WP "dead"
    Officer1 : -14/10 WP "dead"
    Technician(W) : -2/10 WP "dead"
    Storm3 : 3/12 WP
    Storm4 : -5/12 WP "dead"
    Kaff : 1/19 VP
    Daine : Full
    R5-N8 : Full-ish
    Officer2 / Crewman2 : Full
    This is my signature, there are others like it, but this one is mine.
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

www.facebook.com/kyleglowacki

4. - Top - End - #784
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

"Trill! That's not us."
    As she speaks into the commlink, Kera sticks her gun out, flips it to multifire, and just starts shooting. "Choice 1, disengage the docking clamps and ring. Choice 2, get a gun. There should be at least one in Kaff's quarters. Whichever you think you can handle, Trill, do it. Now."

{
    Assist whomever ends up shooting, or shoot twice if no one else does.
    If needed, to hit, damage x2: these numbers all really suck
    }

5. - Top - End - #785
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

"Kaff," Evayn says, "make for those low crates by the cargo elevator, and get down." Shaking his head, he turns back toward the Imperials. "Here, catch," he says as tosses the blaster over the nearby containers [1W, 4S from Evayn].

Toss - (1d20+2)[3] +1 if PBS counts

He then heads as quickly as he can for cover, running alongside some tall crates for support and diving behind them. [Move 1NE, 3N, 1E behind the 2m crates]. "That was a nice blaster, too."

6. - Top - End - #786

AssassinGuy

Daine

Daine looks over the console in front of him and begins to laugh. "Damn, somebody has a sick sense of humor," he says as he rounds the console quickly, moving towards the door. "Well, we can blow the ship if we want," he says to Kera, grinning slightly. "And they know it." If the light pulses aren't TOO bright, he'll look through, trying to see what's going on behind the door, holding the suit up in front of him.
    DarkLadyoftheSith: Its not a Santanya post if there's not an edit at the end of it.

7. - Top - End - #787
    Orc in the Playground

Kaff

Looking at the humming blaster in Evayn's hand Kaff just mutters a swear word under his breath and as Evayn throws it, Kaff runs.

OOC:
    Double Move: 2nw, 2n, 5w

8. - Top - End - #788
    Ogre in the Playground

Kaff runs around towards engineering. Kera fires two covering shots at the group of imperials. The officer and crewman move up on the stormtrooper. The officer gives the trooper a stern look and a nod towards engineering.

Daine peers through the window and sees the rest of engineering. He can see 2 of the 4 main hyperdrive engines and all the associated controls. In the middle of what should be an open space is some sort of contraption. If it wasn't causing some many problems it might be a work of art.

Its about 3 meters tall and seems to made from scrap parts. Daine can make out plamsa inducers, part of a sub-space transmitter assembly, power supplies from a weapon system, and numerous other assorted parts from this ship. The whole thing is hard wired directly into the main power core. Around the whole thing is a small orange cloth 4 cm tall barrier. Printed on the orange barrier is a repeating message, "Danger! Men working."

Evayn tosses the blaster towards the stormtrooper. His toss is long, but the officer steps in the way and is hit in the chest with it. Evayn then runs for it. The injured trooper with his lame arm, drops his rifle and grabs Evayns blaster and tries to fire off several blaster bolt as he moves towards Engineering. The first time the weapons clicks and makes a really annoyed sounding noise. The second time, it just makes a noise. A really loud one.

The power supply in the weapon detonates. A massive shock wave pushes all nearby crates away and kills the stormtrooper, officer, and technician. The spot is left with a fair bit of smoke and an opening where the decking was destroyed and is now open to the floor below.

Evayn does quite get far enough away. The crate he intended to hide behind jumps towards him and slams into him. He lands on his feet just in front of Nate. Nate says, "I ordered the loader droids to move a large crate in front of the access to the Imperial ship. That should slow them down for a couple minutes. What was that noise?"

Trill's voice comes back over the commlink, "Yes, ah, ma'am. I will grab a blaster, but it feels like they have bigger ones."

Updated Map

Spoiler
    Show

Evayn takes 3 damage. Make a fortitude save DC 8 or be knocked out for 1d4 rounds.

Evayn : 0/12 VP 8/12 WP
    Kera : 0/11 VP
    Kaff : 1/19 VP
    Daine : Full
    R5-N8 : Full-ish
    Last edited by lawful_evil; 2007-08-14 at 06:48 PM. Reason: Fix link
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

9. - Top - End - #789
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

"Guys, I think the other group of party crashers is trying to steal our ship. Any ideas? Looks like the Impies are stopped for the moment. You guys want to hit the road and get back to our ship while I keep engineering secure, maybe?" She glances back at Daine, watching him practically drool over what he's looking at. Turning back to watch out the door again, she smirks and shakes her head. "Daine, we need to kill it if we're going to get out of here."

10. - Top - End - #790
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Struck by the crate, his head swimming, Evayn struggles to stand up...

Fort - (1d20+1)[20]

[Sweet, that's a 19+1]

...and finally pushes himself to his feet. Waiting for a translation from the datapad, he responds in the affirmative to Nate and heads for engineering. "I'm not sure I'm in a shape to do much more of this, but maybe we can try the talking thing with them instead. Is there a PA system on this ship that we can operate from here?" He repeats the question, via translator, for Nate's benefit as well.
    Last edited by donteatdave; 2007-08-15 at 10:37 AM.

11. - Top - End - #791
    Orc in the Playground

Kaff

Still hefting his rifle and with blaster burns on both shoulders, Kaff moves to cover and gets down behind it. Despite his training he had never actually expected to be in a war, but this is what it felt like. Stormtroopers shooting at him, explosions, comrades he has to protect.

Hearing Kera and Evayn discussing what they could do, he piped in. "My guess is that it's the other guys, not the imps that are trying to mess with Trill. We seem to have the imps pinned down pretty good here. But they'll want what we've got, we can probably make a deal." Kaff hoped so at least.

OOC:
    Actions: Move 2sw, 2w.
    Crouch down behind cover.
    Last edited by Lord_Kimboat; 2007-08-16 at 07:59 AM.

12. - Top - End - #792

AssassinGuy

Daine

"I want it," Daine says as he looks through the window in the door. He quickly begins to try to pull on the protective suit, putting his boot through the deteriorating material. He swears loudly for a moment. "Well, that's not going to work. "Check those suits?" he asks to Kera as he moves back to the console. He pulls out his tools and attempts to see where the button is hooked up.
    Last edited by Santanya; 2007-08-18 at 04:56 PM.

13. - Top - End - #793
    Ogre in the Playground

Daine easily pops open the panel near the button marked "Do not press this button". Inside the panel Daine finds that someone has wired the button to a pair of construction explosive charge packs within the console. It looks like pressing the button would cause the whole console to explode and would cover the entire room with shrapnel from the console(probably killing everyone in the room).

Kera covers the cargo area from the doorway but sees no enemy movement. Her view of the Imperial docking "hole" is blocked by the smoke, debris and large containers in the way.

In response to Evayn's query, Nate says, "Not exactly from here, but from the console near the lift."

{{ Dropping out of round by round action for now. Exp post OOC }}

14. - Top - End - #794
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

Over the commlink: "Just do something, and fast. I'd prefer if our ship was spaceworthy after this, and they seem to be cutting through our hull. They probably just want salvage, anyway. Maybe we can negotiate on that, let them have a bigger share, or maybe just offer them full rights to the Impie ship? I'd like to plunder it, but, really, I think getting out of here is a higher priority."

She turns back to Daine again, shaking her head with a smirk. "As long as getting it doesn't strand us here, great. But I'm watching the door while the others deal with whomever is cutting a hole in our ship. That would be a hole that you'll have to patch before we can leave. And I don't believe for a second that the Impies have given up. I fully expect something less than pleasant to come through that cargo bay intending to kill us."

15. - Top - End - #795
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Evayn thanks Nate and walks painfully back toward the lift. Stooping to take and Imperial-issue blaster on the way, he announces "I'll see if I can get them to negotiate. I'll be by the lift." Using the datapad, he asks Nate to join him in case he needs access to other ship systems.

Once he reaches to console, he attempts to access a comm or PA that will reach whoever's outside the Angry Mule.

ComputerUse - (1d20+7)[18]

16. - Top - End - #796
    Orc in the Playground

Kaff

Seeing no enemies currently trying to shoot any of his crew, Kaff stands and moves to cover Evayn. After a few moments of providing cover while Evayn works on a com console, Kaff notices that the Captain is wounded.

"Here Evayn," Kaff says, "let me treat that." Removing the Medpac from his belt, Kaff applies some of the ointments and plas-skin to Evayn.

OOC: DC 15 treat injury to head 1d2 wound points. Just realize that Kaff isn't terribly skilled at this.
    (1d20)[7]+3
    Wound Pts. back is successful
    (1d2)[2]

17. - Top - End - #797

AssassinGuy

Daine

Daine lets out a long slow whistle. "Impressive," he says. "Yea... pressing that would have been bad..." he adds, frowning into the console. "Well then, not quite what I thought it did," he says, then shrugs slightly. He peels the covering paper off the button and crumples it, stuffing it into his pocket. "Do NOT press that. It will kill us all," he says pointing at the button. He fiddles in his took kit and pulls out a small marking pen, and scrawls around the button 'Emergency Cuttoff' as he grins slightly.

18. - Top - End - #798
    Ogre in the Playground

With Nate's assistance, Evayn is able to get the console PA active. Kaff moves up and patches up Evayn, but it doesn't seem to ease his suffering.

Daine adjusts the console markings but doesn't push the button. The pulsing green light show continues in the other room.

The smoke and debris from the most recent blast seem to be clearing up, but Kera still can't see the Imperial opening because of several 2 meter crates in the way.

{{
    The text on Treat Injury says it can only be used Successfully once per 24 hours. I think that means you can keep trying till you succeed.
    }}

19. - Top - End - #799
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

Glancing back to see what Daine is indicating, she nods. "Don't push button. Check. I don't suppose we have what is needed to put that on a timer or a remote detonator so we can blow the thing after we move our ship away from it? I wouldn't want to rely upon our friends here pushing it to be able to get out of here."

She frowns as she looks back out the door again. "I'm going to move out there so I can see the hole in case any more Impies are headed our way. I'll be right over there." After nodding once to indicate a direction out the door, she moves slowly and carefully to get around the large crates and position herself with as much cover as possible in a location where she will be able to see anyone coming out of the Imperial ship.

{
    Ready action to shoot anyone hostile as soon as she sees them.
    }
    Last edited by dauphinous; 2007-08-20 at 06:35 AM.

20. - Top - End - #800
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Evayn thanks Kaff and Nate. With the comm now active, he activates a receiver and begins speaking, addressing the other occupants of the ship.

"Attention, unknown vessel and crew. This is Captain Evayn I'ithay of the Angry Mule. Firstly, we'd appreciate if you stopped trying to cut holes in our hull. Secondly, there's really nothing in there of value, compared to what you'll find elsewhere in this ship. Honestly, the money you spent on fuel for your cutting torch is probably more valuable than anything in there. However, being fair and generous sorts, we're willing to let you in on a good cut of other salvage in this floating hunk, and we'd be interested in hearing what's so interesting about chopping into our ship in the first place."

21. - Top - End - #801

AssassinGuy

Daine

Daine peers at the console for a moment, looking over the controls. "Think... think..." he says. He scans the other controls for something that could possibly be quickly wired to trigger the explosives in the console that could be triggered remotely, by computer command or wirelessly for added insurance.

((
    Knowledge: Engineering: 1D20+8 = [15]+8 = 23
    Craft(Electronic Device) (If applicable): 1D20+8 = [2]+8 = 10
    ))

22. - Top - End - #802
    Ogre in the Playground

On Evayn's console flashes a message from user Captain Perkara, "I am here for Tarba Yoss. He is on your ship. Surrender him."

23. - Top - End - #803
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Evayn activates the comm again in response. "Captain Perkara, if you'll only wait a few minutes we'll be happy to discuss all of this with you in person and in a manner that won't eat through our hull. I can only assume you're here for a bounty on my client. If you'd join us in the cargo bay, we can talk about all this, or if you'd like to wait by our ship we'll meet with you and your crew there. Is this acceptable?"

24. - Top - End - #804
    Ogre in the Playground

On Evayn's console flashes another message from user Captain Perkara, "Your terms for negotiation are acceptable. I await you at your ship."

25. - Top - End - #805

AssassinGuy

Daine

Daine lean against the console for a few moments, pondering. He walks over to the door, looking through at the rather large object for a few moments before pulling out his comm. "Hey Kaff, your armor protect you from energy?" he asks as he looks through the window.

26. - Top - End - #806
    Orc in the Playground

Kaff

His com sounded and Kaff heard Daine's voice. "Hey Kaff, your armor protect you from energy?"

"Yes, a little . . . why?" Kaff replied with growing suspicion. While speaking, he continued to try to heal the Captain's wound.

Heal Check
    (1d20)[16]+3
    (1d2)[1]

27. - Top - End - #807
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

"Evayn, don't go alone." She says this with conviction. It was one of her father's Rules. 'Never go to a meet alone. Even if you have to pay a drunk to go with you, never go alone to meet anyone where the topic will involve anything worth killing for. Especially if it's money.' And he did all legal jobs so far as Kera knew.

28. - Top - End - #808

AssassinGuy

Daine

Daine grins slightly. "Most excellent, I will be needing your assistance or your armor, one of the two," he says as he begins to move around the console to its rear and begins to remove the panel. "I need you to place a few things for me."

29. - Top - End - #809
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

Giving a light sigh, Kera stands up. "I guess this means that I'm going with Evayn." She jogs over to catch up with Evayn, and checks her weapon's charge, swapping out the power pack for a fresh one if it is getting low. On the way, she detours and picks up one of the Impie rifles, checking the power pack on it, also, then slinging it over her shoulder. When she reaches Evayn she grins and salutes. "One armed guard, reporting for duty, sir."

30. - Top - End - #810
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

"Thanks Kaff, that seems to have helped," Evayn says. "Why don't you stay here with Daine and see what can be done with... whatever he has in there."

Adjusting his torn clothing back over the patched, ripped area where the crate had stuck him, Evayn checks the blaster he picked up and holsters it. As he and Kera head for the lift, he says, "Hopefully we won't need an armed guard. I don't know about you, but I've had all the exploding I think I can handle for one day."