New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 33 of 50 FirstFirst ... 8232425262728293031323334353637383940414243 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #961
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

At Daine's request, the quartmaster leads him into the back and around to collect up the parts Daine requested. The quartermaster begins to load hull plates onto a hover trolley. He then circles around and finds the various engine lubricants. Daine selects the one he needs and the quartermaster loads it up saying, "You want spares on any of this, or do you just want enough for the current crisis?"

The quartermaster leads Daine back to a heap of salvage and says, "This is your best be for cable and conduit. Sorry it ain't more organized, but ... " His voice trails off and he shrugs. There is a huge pile of 'junk' salvaged from various wrecks over the years. You will obviously be able to get exactly what you need, but it will take a couple hours of pawing through the pile.

{{ Maybe we can get Evayn to switch colors so Daine stops stepping on Santanya's favorite. }}

The quartermaster leaves the trolley nears Daine and says, "Take your time. Let me know when you've got everything so we can negotiate a price."
    This is my signature, there are others like it, but this one is mine.
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

www.facebook.com/kyleglowacki

2. - Top - End - #962
    Bugbear in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Daine

Daine looks like a kid in a candy store, gathering spare parts from the refuge. He gathers together 10 hull plates, enough engine lube for the current job and two applications, and enough cable to rewire the damaged section as well as having a supply for other repair work.

He pauses, looking at the supplies a moment, then gets behind the cart and pushes it across the supply room, searching. He grins slightly as his eyes settle on what he wants. He quickly sets several cans on top of the other items. Dark grey paint as well as a small amount of deep maroon.
    DarkLadyoftheSith: Its not a Santanya post if there's not an edit at the end of it.
    Santanya: Its an addition. I need my fix.

3. - Top - End - #963
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Evayn

Briefly concerned that Daine will ask for his help in sifting through the salvage, Evayn is relieved to see that his interference would probably just spoil Daine's fun. He moves off to the side and checks the finances, waiting for him to finish his shopping. He realizes its been several days since he's last checked on his old, locked accounts, and tries to locate a terminal to see if that last favor he cashed in would actually lead to extra cash...

4. - Top - End - #964
    Ogre in the Playground

Evayn

Evayn wanders around a bit and then notices an access terminal in the corner near the quartermaster's door. Evayn logs in, selecting the public access mode.

Searching around, Evayn eventually finds that his account now has 420 credits. This terminal is does not have the hardware required update your credstick. It suggests contacting your local banking guild representative.

Daine

Daine collects his goodies and heads over to checkout. The quartermaster smiles and tallies up Daines loot.

Hull Plates : 10 at 9 credits each.
    Engine oil/lube : 3 applications at 160 credits each.
    Bundle of Wire/conduit/etc : 24 credits
    Paint : 18 credits

Total : 612 credits

The quartermaster then says, "Well, there you have it. Good luck on the repairs." He walks over to the trolley and adds, "Once you get the trolley unloaded, press this button and the trolley will automatically return here. Come back if you have any more needs."

Kera, Kaff, Nate, and Trill

Kera does a shutdown on Nate and starts working again. Trill comes by to watch, holding a cup of what smells like peppermint tea. He sits quietly and watches Kera work.

Kaff comes by after a couple minutes and says, "I don't like the idea of those two off by themselves. I really should have gone with them." He pauses in thought for a minute and then suggests, "Maybe we should go have a look. We've got that armor to sell. Its going to risky to try to sell on any world with an Imperial presence, which is most of them at this point. This might be one place that it might be safe. That is unless you think we should hold onto the armor as a disguise."

Trill then chimes in, "We did just stock up on food, but it would be nice to see if they have anything unique that we should try."
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

5. - Top - End - #965
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

"Why don't you go catch up with Evayn, then? He can probably find someone. Place like this, I wouldn't even know where to look. I'd rather get it off our hands than hold onto it, so take a stab at selling it." She stops what she's doing and looks up at Kaff then. "Don't wander around with it, though, just ask Evayn to make some discreet inquiries. I guess if there's no one willing to take it, we could try messing around with it to make it less..." she shrugs, "stormtrooper-y."

She turns back to the droid, but pauses before getting back to work. "These guys pretty much have 'rebel' painted on their foreheads, so try not to piss them off, please. I'd rather fix this stupid droid, so go ahead. The sooner it can communicate with us, the sooner it can help astrogate."

6. - Top - End - #966
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Evayn

Evayn decides not to haggle the prices too much; the quartermaster had been friendly and helpful, and the idea of helping out the 'scientists' with their 'research' sort of appealed to him. He makes the transfer of 612 credits and asks, "We ready to go?"

{Take your green, and begone! }

7. - Top - End - #967

AssassinGuy

Daine

Daine chuckles softly as Evayn makes the payment. He looks to the quartermaster and raises an eyebrow. "Is there anyone here that could cut a crystal into two focusing crystals?" he asks curiously. Thoughts of building up two guns for the two empty gun ports had been running through his mind. Focusing crystals were always an expensive bit, so if they could get those on the cheap....
    DarkLadyoftheSith: Its not a Santanya post if there's not an edit at the end of it.

8. - Top - End - #968
    Ogre in the Playground

Kaff, Kera, Nate, and Trill

Kaff nods and stands up, while walking away he says, "Maybe I can try him on his commlink first." Kaff heads off to his room and once there, tries to raise Evayn on the commlink : "[Evayn? Kaff Chalma here. Could you try to locate a buyer for those two sets of armor we picked up at our last.. um.. stop?]"

Daine and Evayn

As Evayn logs off the terminal he notices that the 420 was actually one of 3 payments to his account, hes actually got 1260 there. Now to find a way to access the cash.

At Daine's query, the quartermaster rubs his chin and says, "From what I've heard.. for most applications the crystals must be in their natural state. Thats what makes them so darned rare. I don't know much about physics and such, but there are plenty of scientists floating around the station. They might know more. 'course, depending on the crystal you've got it might only be good for meditation."

At that point, Evayn's commlink activates. (see Kaff's message above).

{{ Rather than cut the crystal to meet some pre-designed spec, you may be able to design a system specifically for the crystal(s) you have. }}

9. - Top - End - #969
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Evayn

At the sound of his comlink, Evayn leaves the terminal and responds to Kaff. "I'll see what I can do. This may not be the place, but I'm sure we can find something."

Approaching the quartermaster, Evayn thinks to himself I guess I can't be sure who's into what here... maybe they are just a bunch of scientists who happen to need a small personal army. He wonders just how to go about asking about selling armor from dead, looted Imperial troops and decides that discretion is probably the way to go here.

"Say," he says to the quartermaster, quietly, but not so quietly as to draw suspicion, "I see you deal in some salvage as well as more standard stuff. I've got some... exotic, perhaps, is the word for it, salvage, that we'd like to sell to the right person. I'm not sure if this is the place for it though. It's personal armor, and you seem to deal mostly in ship components, so..." he trails off, hoping the man will fill in any of the gaps in his information himself.

Spoiler
    Show
    I suppose 'Bluff to Send a Secret Message' is in order here. Trying to get across that it's probably illegal and if he doesn't want a hand in that he should say so.
    [roll0]

10. - Top - End - #970
    Ogre in the Playground

The quartermaster laughs heartily at Evayn and says, "I've got a fine selection of personal armor and armament. I sure do buy salvage, but depending on the condition and demand, I may not be able to offer you the same kind of price you might get from the Hutts."

The quartermaster leads Evayn and Daine over towards the arms and armor section, while saying, "Last month, this Bothan freighter captain comes in and tries to sell a dozen imperial blaster rifles. 'Never been fired and only dropped once' he says. Ah, what a guy. Not much demand for those, but it looks real nice to have 12 of them lined up, and not pointed at you."

You arrive in the section and he does have a wide array of personal and military type arms and armor. He doesn't have any imperial stormtrooper armor. Yet.

11. - Top - End - #971
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Evayn

"Well," Evayn says, smirking and looking over the tops of his shades, "How about I offer you a pair of shiny white suits of a particular persuasion to go along with this impressive collection of rifles?" he asks. He puts on his most sincere and earnest expression and continues "Each piece never been fired at, and to my knowledge only dropped once. Well, maybe not that good, but there are no holes in them to my knowledge anyway."

12. - Top - End - #972
    Ogre in the Playground

The quartermaster, always looking to make a deal says, "I certainly wouldn't mind taking a look at them. I like to plug in and run the diagnostics before we settle on a price though. They won't be much use to anyone if their internal components are malfunctioning."

The quartermaster picks up one of the rifles and says, "You sure you don't want to buy a couple rifles to go with your armor instead?" He makes a wide grin and says, "For that matter, if you are willing to take rifles in trade instead of creds, I could probably swing a much better deal."

Someone dings the bell near the register so the quartermaster adds hastily as he walks over there, "Bring them by and I'll take a look."

13. - Top - End - #973
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Evayn

Evayn nods and gestures toward the register, letting the man proceed with his business. "Dunno if rifles interest you that much," he says to Daine, "but cash is probably better for us a this rate." He hails Kera and Kaff on the comlink. "Send Kaff on down here with those armor suits. You interested in a trade for a stormie rifle? I'm inclined just to go for the credits."

14. - Top - End - #974
    Ogre in the Playground

Kaff responds to Evayn "Aye Sir. Be right there." With that he grabs the two armor bundles and head in to talk to Kera. "Evayn found someone who might buy these. I'm heading over to deliver them. Can you secure the hatch behind me?" Kaff waits for Kera to finish whatever she was in the middle of before leaving the ship unsecured.

Kaff climbs down and out of the ship and walk to the bay exit. He stops and looks both ways and then says, "Drat." He grabs his comm link and inquires, "Okay sir. How do I get to you? I'm at the landing bay entrance er um.. exit."

15. - Top - End - #975
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Evayn

"Daine, why don't you go ahead and get back and get started. We've got all you need here I think, unless you're really interested in a stormtrooper rifle, and I'm sure you're anxious to get started on the ship." Evayn says as Kaff hails him. He answers Kaff by guiding him through the path to the quartermaster's office. He heads to the hallway to make sure he sees where to go.

16. - Top - End - #976
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

Over the comlink: "I'd say cash unless he's got something special. We already have some liberated weapons."

Kera nods to Kaff's request and puts down the droid parts long enough to follow him down to the cargo bay and seal up the ship behind him. She then resumes repairs on the droid.

17. - Top - End - #977

AssassinGuy

Daine

Daine chuckles softly. "I'm just getting used to the pistol, I'll pass on the rifle for now," he says, shaking his head. He starts out of the shop, pushing the cart back to the ship. "Just give me enough time to fix everything," he says to himself, frowning slightly. "At least the hull..."

18. - Top - End - #978
    Ogre in the Playground

Daine heads back to the ship with the trolley in tow. He passes Kaff about halfway back as Kaff hauls the two suits of stormtrooper armor down to the quartermaster. Daine arrives back at the ship and finds the hatch secured.

By the time he gets there, the quartermaster is done with the other customer. He accepts the suits and brings them to the test station he's got setup off to the side. While he works on diagnostics Kaff browses the weapons and armor sections looking for anything 'special'.

Kaff finds a nice rifle with special modifications beam shape and coherency which should dramatically increase the range of weapon. Or course, given his current assignment, he'd have little use for the weapon. He gets to drool over it all the same.

The quartermaster works on the armor for about 15 minutes. At that point he says, "Well, the internals are functional. The internal component identifiers don't line up which would indicate these suits were salvaged from 3 or 4 suits. There is a bit of carbon residue which shows up under UV, so they have been used. Looks like the damaged sections have been swapped out to leave two complete functional suits."

The quartermaster scratches the back of his neck and continues, "Anyway, they look good and are still functional. However, we don't get much demand for this stuff, but someone may want them as collectors items. I can give you 1200 for them."

{{Time for Evayn to negotiate? }}

19. - Top - End - #979
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Evayn

Evayn exudes confidence as he awaits the quartermaster's offer. When he finally hears it, he's more than a little surprised at how little he's offering. He hopes what he remembers from his parents' trading runs and his, admittedly basic, understanding of the Empire's methods will pay off. {Assuming the stuff he's saying he knows, what with the Knowledge (tech), (tactics), and (bureaucracy) scores}

"1200's a little light; granted they're pieces from different suits, but a distinguishing feature of the Imperial philosophy on war materials is that everything's mass-produced and made to be interchangeable. That's why there are such strict height and weight requirements for stormtroopers." He considers a name drop and decides that somewhere this remote and with the kind of people he seems to be dealing with, it might help out more than hurt in the long run. "Back with my folks in I'ithay Transport, I worked on several jobs running 'rare' equipment, and I think you'll be able to get a lot closer to full market price when you sell two functioning suits of stormie armor. How about..." he gestures vaguely, then folds his arms with some finality, "1000 each. Only fair, considering how much more you can get for them, from the right buyer."

Spoiler
    Show
    And, a Diplomacy roll for you--I haven't had amazing luck with these thus far:
    [roll0], and if my amazing +1 Reputation adds to that that would be wonderful.

20. - Top - End - #980
    Orc in the Playground

Kaff

Suddenly realizing that Evayn is going to sell BOTH suits of armor, Kaff suddenly coughs loudly. "Uh, sir, could I talk with you a for a moment over here?"

When the Captain joins him, the security officer says, "sir, I was sort of hoping to use one of these suits of armor. With a little practice, I think I could get used to the servo systems and it is great armor. Now I know we might be in a bit of a bind money wise, I mean I haven't seen a new credit since I came aboard, but I think this armor would be a real asset! I'm happy to sell one set, I got two because I thought one would make a good stromtrooper disguise which might help us. However, if you want to sell them both I won't stop you."

"As an alternative," Kaff continues, "I'm happy to sell my old armor here as well as the three Rodian blasters and even Captain JZ's big sidearm. I think I could even sell my rifle, I think we salvaged one from the stromstroopers which would suit the armor better."

21. - Top - End - #981
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Evayn

"Keep your old armor for now--I don't want our security running around without proper equipment just when you're training up to something better. There'll be plenty of opportunities to sell it off later if you want. I'll take that DL-22 we got from the Rodians, though, and sell this piece of junk instead," he says, indicating the Imp officer's weapon he's carrying. "That white armor's a little conspicuous too--wanna pick out some paint to take care of that?"

He checks quickly with Kera, Daine, and Trill to see if they want any of the other pieces. {One BlasTech DL-18, one stormtrooper rifle, and a sporting blaster (Imp officer's). A little too conspicuous for Evayn's taste, but it's a nice gun.}

Having cleared up any confusion with Kaff, Evayn heads back to the quartermaster to finalize their business:
    For the one suit of armor, he asks for 1000 credits. Assuming no one lays claim to them, he also offers the DL-18 (200), the one stormie rifles (300 total, since he has a lot), and the sporting blaster (140). A total of 1,640 for a veritable armory in good condition. He returns to the ship to get the items if necessary and hurries back to finish the negotiation.
    Last edited by donteatdave; 2007-10-17 at 10:23 AM. Reason: changed to account for everyone's weapon choices

22. - Top - End - #982
    Orc in the Playground

Kaff

Considering the Captain's words about changing the armor's colour, Kaff replies, "well, in that case I'll keep my own rifle. Sell the other stormtrooper rifle instead."

With that said, Kaff moves back toward the entrance and tries to keep alert. He doesn't think there is any danger here but he didn't exactly think that there would be any danger when he went to get Vicks out of the cantina.

23. - Top - End - #983

AssassinGuy

Daine

Daine moves the hovercraft to the side of the ship, paging Kera on his comlink. [Mind letting me in,] he asks before he unloads two of the hull plates off and leans them against the side of the ship. "Or I can just crawl in this way!" he yells through the hole, chuckling softly. After unloading the pair of hull plates, he looks at the damage and shoves the wiring off the side of the cart and heads around the ship to the cargo bad doors to wait for Kera.

When Evayn makes his call in, Daine responds. "Well, if you're just selling them off, save the captain's old pistol perhaps?" he says. "It might be good for me to have one I don't have to return every time," he says, grinning.
    Last edited by Santanya; 2007-10-17 at 09:57 AM.

24. - Top - End - #984
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

Over the comlink to Evayn: "I'd like to hold onto one of the Impie rifles, but that's it."

Over the comlink to Daine: "Back already? Let's see now. I could demand something in exchange for opening the door. But then I'd be bound to ask for the same sorts of things from Kaff or Evayn, which wouldn't do at all." She transmits a heavy sigh as she walks down the stairs and into the cargo bay. "Fine, I'll just open the door." Pause. "This time."

When the cargo bay door actually opens, she's standing there, grinning.

{
    Finally decided to work on the processor. Repair: 15
    *sigh*
    }
    Last edited by dauphinous; 2007-10-17 at 11:00 AM.

25. - Top - End - #985

AssassinGuy

Daine

Daine chuckles softly, pulling the hovercart up the ramp to Kera as it finally reaches the ground. He grins slightly up to her, pausing as he reaches her. "Well, then, that only puts me in your debt," he says, winking to her as he leans over, pecking her on the cheek once before pulling the cart the rest of the way into the cargo bay and begins unloading it, shoving the spare parts somewhere out of the way but accessible and leaving the paint near the cargo bay doors. He looks toward Kera for a moment as he stabs at the hoverloader's return button, grinning slightly. "Ok... To the repairs before I just get myself in trouble," he says, turning slowly and heading to get to work, stopping by the engineering alcove to drop off the engine lubrication and get tools.

Spoiler
    Show

Repair for the Hull: 1D20+16 = [19]+16 = 35
    Hole? What hole?
    Last edited by Santanya; 2007-10-17 at 11:02 AM.

26. - Top - End - #986
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

"Yep. Work first, debt payment later." Kera smirks at Daine and follows him back up, brushing past him when he stops at the tools so she can get back to work on the droid. "Pity the hull is on the outside and the droid is on the inside."
    Last edited by dauphinous; 2007-10-17 at 11:11 AM.

27. - Top - End - #987
    Ogre in the Playground

Daine
    {{ You still have 7 more Hull Points to repair }}

Evayn
    The quartermaster slow shakes his head as he hears this back and forth. After a bit he sits down to wait. Once everyone seems finished, he inquires of Evayn, "Well, what's going to be? Sounds like you can sell one of these suits of armor, one blaster rifle, one sporting blaster, and a Rodian DL-18? You'll have to bring that one by for inspection, I'm not familiar with many Rodian brands of weaponry." The quartermaster smiles and says, "Take your time. Lets do this right."

{{ The sporting blaster is what Evayn was using.. are you switching to the DL22?
    Daine is taking the captain's old blaster.
    Kera is taking one of the two impie rifles.
    Kaff is keeping his old rifle, etc and keeping one stormtrooper suit.
    Right?
    }}

Kaff hangs back a bit and pokes around while Evayn does his thing. He does find a micro-pigment binder that should be able to change the color of the storm-trooper armor. It comes in small containers, only 4 credits per pigment.

28. - Top - End - #988
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Evayn

"That's about right," Evayn responds. "I'll go get the other weapons for you to take a look at. Should only take a minute." He then heads back to the ship to retrieve the other equipment for sale. He stops past Kaff on his way to let him know what's going on. "I'll be back in a few; I don't think we'll run into too many issues on this station, so just stick around here to keep track of our assets. I'll just run back to the ship to get the other guns we're selling."

{Yeah, you got it right. Evayn's selling the sport blaster and taking the DL-22. Everything else you had was right on as well.}

29. - Top - End - #989
    Orc in the Playground

Kaff

When Evayn is ready, Kaff will buy some of the grey pigments for his new armor (how much will he need to spend?).

After that, he will follow Evayn until he returns to the ship. Once he does, Kaff will commence fixing his new armor and change it's color.

30. - Top - End - #990
    Ogre in the Playground

Kaff and Evayn

Kaff locates his pigment while Evayn runs back and forth. After collecting the the weapons from the ship and its personnel, Evayn heads back to the quartermaster. He is greeted with a surprise as he enters the main hallway. Instead of a nearly empty main hallway, the hallway is bristling with people. The vast majority wear some sort of dirty blue jumpsuits. Some are guards, like those previously encountered, while others wear white uniforms and some other even have orange uniforms which remind Evayn of flight suits.

The majority of the flow of people, which strangely are mostly human, is towards the left(the same direction Evayn is going). Several people glance at Evayn and the open hatchway as they walk by, but no one seems concerned or threated by Evayn and his arsenal of weapons.

He easily makes his way back to the quartermaster. The quartermaster spends a minute or two examining each of the weapons and tests each of the power packs for charge. He then says, "Ah, its a Blastech DL-18. Okay, yes. So.. I can give you 1725, minus 10 for your pigments." That last bit was a reference to the three sprayers of grey pigment that Kaff is holding.

With that the quartermaster smiles and turns to face Evayn directly and says, "Well, what do you think?"

Spoiler
    Show

Counter-Diplomacy (1d20+6=8)
    690(armor) + 115(rifle) + 345(sport blaster) + 575(DL-18) = 1725

Kera and Daine

The repair work continues.

{you've already rolled for 1 hour of repairs, so we need to let Kaff/Evayn catch up}
    Last edited by lawful_evil; 2007-10-19 at 10:24 AM. Reason: fix spelling