New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 42 of 50 FirstFirst ... 1732333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,260 of 1480
  1. - Top - End - #1231
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

Kera

She complies without a fuss. Mostly. "Kaff, Daine, I know you're gentlemen, so I'm sure you'd be more than happy to offer to us," she indicates herself and the woman from the young couple, "a nice wall consisting of your backsides so we don't have other men and aliens ogling us." She gives Daine a highly significant glance with the words 'other men'. "You too," she points to the man from the young couple. "Save her dignity."

2. - Top - End - #1232
    Bugbear in the Playground

Corran Having been raised to be a honorable man, Corran also turns away from Kera and the other females and complies with all of the doctors orders.
    here's the link to the mando'a language

Character links

3. - Top - End - #1233

AssassinGuy

Daine

Daine chuckles slightly and nods to Kera, following her suggestion and doing his best to be as cooperative as he can, all the while casting unhappy glances towards the ship. "What exactly is in that mist?" he asks, worrying about its affects on anything in the ship.
    DarkLadyoftheSith: Its not a Santanya post if there's not an edit at the end of it.
    Santanya: Its an addition. I need my fix.

4. - Top - End - #1234
    Ogre in the Playground

Everyone gets naked and gooey. Eventually the novelty of being naked with a bunch of strangers wears off and Daine asks a stupid question. The fully suited employee looks at him and then at the gas and then back at Daine and says, "Oh, you're bored." He turns to the medical droid and says, "Please tell them the exact chemical composition of the green gas."

The droid begins droning on and on, listing chemical after chemical. Sure, there are some you might recognize, "..., Sodium laurel sulfate, Sodium tripolyphosphate, Ammonium Hydroxide, Perchlorethylene, Propylene Glycol, Sodium hypochlorit, Trichloroethane, ..." After a 45 minutes or so, the droid hits a patch of really obscure chemicals, "..., 1-1-Biphenyl-4-4-Diamine-3-3-Dimethyl, 1-1-Biphenyl-4-4-Diamine-3-3-Dimethyl-Dihydrochloride, 1-2-Benzene-Dicarboxylato-2-Dioxotrilead, Dibutyl-Dithiocarbomanto-Nickel-2, ..." That continues, despites everyone groans and pleas to stop, for another 4 hours. After which the droid hits another patch of somewhat familiar sounds compounds, "..., Phosphoric Acid, Green #2, Green #17, Yellow #4, Blue #2, Citric Acid, Acesulfame Potassium, ..."

Then, with only 10 minutes to go in the 6 hour delay, the list ends with the final ingredient, "Dihydro-Oxide". Doctor Trenaught, a Sullustan, nods and says to Daine, "That was most informative. Thank you. However, I do believe, I wish the crew to launder my bed linens before we continue our journey." She looks to the rest of the crew and says, "Perhaps they would be good enough to pick up some fresh food too?"
    Last edited by lawful_evil; 2008-01-10 at 06:06 PM.
    This is my signature, there are others like it, but this one is mine.
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

www.facebook.com/kyleglowacki

5. - Top - End - #1235
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

Tuning out the droid is like tuning out engine noise. After a little while, if you don't pay attention to it, it just isn't there anymore. This is the only reason why she doesn't lose hold on her sanity during the time they're all stuck there.

Oh ^&$%. Evayn isn't around. "Aw crap. Food. Hey Trill, we gotta dump all the food and get fresh. And we gotta wash down everything, too. You get started on dumping the food. Kaff, you and I are going shopping. As soon as you're dressed, go grab Evayn's datapad. Daine, you get started on the washdown, okay? As soon as we get back, we'll help. I just don't think anyone should wander around alone, you know?"

6. - Top - End - #1236

Corran listans to Kera once shes done he say, well once we're all dressed, before you leave for your shoping trip, if Kaff would be so kind as to return my weapons to me, i'll collect my things and my droid and muster out and find a comm station to give my folks a call and my former boss a call, then i'll start looking for a new job.

Character links

7. - Top - End - #1237
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

"Oh, yeah. Fair enough. Kaff, you get these people their weapons and stuff, since you knwo where they are, and I'll grab the datapad instead." Once clothed, with her flight suit zipped up all the way, Kera proceeds to do just that. Just in case of passenger angst, she grabs her own blaster and straps it to her hip.

8. - Top - End - #1238
    Orc in the Playground

Kaff

While being naked bothered Kaff, it was more about being defenceless than being embarrassed or self conscious. A lack of privacy had been part of his early life and he expected that it would continue when he was on a ship. In fact, with his quarters he actually had more privacy on the Mule than he'd enjoyed for most of his life.

His real regret though was that he hadn't brought a datapad so that he could read during the siiixx, llloooonnnnggg, bbbooorrrrrriiiiiiiiinnnnnnggggg, hours. After the second hour, Kaff eventually managed to doze off.

"Kaff, you get these people their weapons and stuff, since you know where they are, and I'll grab the datapad instead." Kera said.

His name pushed him to wakefulness. "Uh, yeah. Sure. We can go shopping after that if you like. But, what are we going to do after that? I mean, with the Captain out for six weeks are we just going to sit here?"

9. - Top - End - #1239
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

"We still need to drop off the doctor in the Caroline system. After that...um..."
    Kera pauses. Someone else always made these decisions. "Damn. Six weeks is a long damn time. I guess we'll see if we can find something simple to do there. Or maybe come back and check on him." Not like you can just hire a Captain. Cap has to be in charge. "We'll decide when we get to Caroline."

Spoiler
    Show
    Just looking for standard fare for the food, nothing exotic. Don't want to stay on this planet any longer than necessary.

10. - Top - End - #1240
    Ogre in the Playground

As everyone is getting cleaned off and dress, the medical team sends a droid through the ship one last time to make sure the green gas has been totally dissipated. By the time the droid exits and reports all clear everyone is cleaned up and ready.

Most of the passengers simply grab their belongings and leave. The doctor returns to her quarters to check on her equipment. Several of the passengers make snide comments under their breathe similar to, "You'll forgive us if we find another way back?"

The droids and medical team roll their equipment back into the building and disassemble the dome. The last medic on hand says, "You will need to move your ship off of the medical center's landing pad and over to one of the public hangars. If you leave your ship id, we'll send you a message when ...". The person checks their datapad, "Evayn I'ithay recovers."
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

11. - Top - End - #1241

Corran grabs the last of his things from the ship including his droid and weapons, Before the last medic leaves he asks, I was wondering if you could tell me where the closets Comm-center is?

Once he has the information he need he turns the the crew and says, well i wanted to say one last time thank you for rescuing me from that planet, if you ever need another crewman just give me a call, now if you'll excuse me i have to go make some come calls to my folks and my former boss. Corran give them his comm code he then turns and head for the comm-center, with his droid in tow.

Character links

12. - Top - End - #1242
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

She bites back on the snarky reply she could fling at the passengers showing their disdain. One of them had undoubtedly brought this damn plague with them, which means that one of them is responsible for this, which makes her want to just shoot the lot of them. Well, okay, not really, but it's nice to imagine getting some payback.

Kera gives Corran a nod and a wave, storing his comcode in the datapad. She also leaves the ship ID with the medical people. Seems wrong to just abandon Evayn out here. An aggravated sigh does slip out when they tell she that the ship has to be moved, but she doesn't argue the point. "Fine, fine. Ship is moving in a minute or so." She starts rubbing a temple with one finger as she walks back onboard, then smirks, realizing that the gesture is one her father did a lot.

"Guys, we're moving to a different dock so we can resupply. Taking off in a sec." Unless something else happens before she can get to the cockpit, Kera moves the ship to a regular dock so they can resupply.
    Last edited by dauphinous; 2008-01-13 at 07:31 AM.

13. - Top - End - #1243
    Ogre in the Playground

Corran

The medical technician looks at Corran for a few moments and then says, "Closet? Hmm.. you mean one with private HoloNet connections. Well, there is one about 2km north of here. Down the stairs there." He gestures to the edge of the docking platform and continues, "Keep going straight ahead for a block. The next cross street should be very busy and has lush flowering plants in between the traffic lanes. Turn left, which is north, and just keep going for about 2km. The building is on the right, just across from the space dock."

The Angry Mule
    The ship has a strange smell to it when the crew enters again, sort of light a hospital smell mixed with an faint iodine odor. Anyway, the ship seems functional and after running a few diagnostics, Kera and Daine are able to confirm that everything is operational.

Kaff hands off gear and weapons to the remaining aliens and then provides the remaining piles of gear to the medical staff(for when everyone wakes up in 6 weeks). The good doctor has shut herself back in her room and resumed her experiments.

Trill is gathering all the food supplies and anything that isn't individually sealed, he is putting into waste receptacles. Once he is done there, he heads out to recover the sheets from all the rooms and put them in the refresher. He then heads into the cargo bay to start cleaning up the beds, tables, chairs, blankets, and other residue from the passengers, all the time whistling a slow and seemingly sad song.

{{ Not sure if you want to keep Evayn's stuff for now, or off-load it. }}

14. - Top - End - #1244

Corran Thanks the medic and heads for the comm-center following the directions he was given, Corran Takes his time going so it takes about 40 minutes to a hour.

Character links

15. - Top - End - #1245
    Ogre in the Playground

Corran

The technician nods in response to Corran and perhaps smiles, but Corran is unable to tell, given that the man is still sealed in a biohazard suit. The initial street is fairly quiet, but the main street is quite busy. Lots of last minute construction on numerous buildings leading up the holidays next week. Lots of flower planting, fresh paint, new displays and such. The street is very busy with pedestrian traffic and speeders. Not quite as hectic as some of the core worlds, but quite busy for the outer rim.

The city's populous is also quite diverse. The city seems to be perhaps 30% Human, 20% Bothan and a mix of other races.

The Comm Center has a special running where all holonet access is free, but festival organizers imbed an advertisement at the bottom of the display. It takes a minute or so for Corran to get Mr. Geary of Intergalactic Fuel on the line. The man scowls at Corran and furrows his brow a bit as he looks at him and finally says, "What can I do for you?"

16. - Top - End - #1246

AssassinGuy

Daine

Daine frowns slightly at the Doctor's door as she locks herself in, then again as he takes a deep breath. He moves to a console and turns up the air circulation in the ship to attempt to drive the smell of the stuff away.

As Kera moves to the bridge to move the ship, he joins her, sitting in the sensor seat, but not strapping himself in for now. "Well that was fun," he says, chuckling softly. "Can we do it again?"
    DarkLadyoftheSith: Its not a Santanya post if there's not an edit at the end of it.

17. - Top - End - #1247
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

"You mean the naked part, the covered in goo part, or the all very public part? One can be arranged. The others will not." She doesn't look up to say this, just focuses on flying the ship smoothly over to the public dock. Even though she could do it with her eyes closed and one hand busy elsewise. "We're going to have a tough time with only three of us if we run into any more trouble. Did I say 'if'? Sorry, I meant 'when'. This bucket is like a trouble magnet. Caroline should be a milk run, but, uh, Bespin was supposed to be, too."

18. - Top - End - #1248

Sir, you may or may not remember me i was the Captain of the freighter Blue Drifter hired about 2 years ago to 18 tons of fuel from Varonat System to Liffog System, i would like to report that my ship was attacked and seized by pirate and stranded on an uninhabited planet, by some lucky accident i was rescued about 8 hours ago. Corran removed his helmet while talking.

Character links

19. - Top - End - #1249

AssassinGuy

Daine

Daine chuckles. "True enough," he says leaning back, grinning slightly. "It might be nice to have someone with a little medical experience around," he says. "With as often as we've been shot at, it could come in handy."

20. - Top - End - #1250
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

With mock hurt in her voice, and grinning, Kera says, "Whaddya mean? My haphazard and low quality medical training isn't good enough? Blaster hole is a blaster hole is a blaster hole. That's Shanze family wisdom, passed down through the ages, from one generation to the next. Along with 'keep your engineer happy or he'll blow up the ship'. Or was it 'keep your engineer's hands busy or he'll blow up the ship'? Or maybe 'keep your engineer out of the beer'. I can't rightly remember. That last one has a nice ring to it, though."

21. - Top - End - #1251
    Orc in the Playground

Kaff

Moving up to the pair, Kaff, now once again encased in his armour, says, "so, what's the plan now? I mean we have to drop off the doc on . . . whatever planet she wants to go to but do we try to get some cargo going that way? We need more food and I'll head out with Trill in a while but do you want me to try to get a cargo?"

22. - Top - End - #1252
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

Grin still firmly in place, Kera turns to Kaff. "I don't think we want to sit around here for too long, and we'd be looking for something pretty specific. I guess if there's something where we can do it, it's not dangerous, and it's going to Caroline or someplace else close by, that's doable. Especially if they can load us up quick. I dunno about you guys, but I'm not keen to take on passengers again soon. Anyway, Evayn is a better negotiator than any of us. We should probably stick to simple stuff that's not really subjective in price."

She gives Kaff a once-over. "With Evayn out of the picture for at least a while, what's your opinion on picking up another crewperson?" Then she shakes her head. "Don't answer that now. Just think about it. We can talk about it in hyperspace."

23. - Top - End - #1253
    Ogre in the Playground

Corren

The man pauses for a moment and you get the feeling his attention is split as he looks up your records on an adjacent view screen. After a several seconds he smiles a smile which gives you chill down your spine and says, "Ah, yes." He glances over at the other screen again and almost seems to nod and then turns back to you, "Seized by pirates? Or in league with pirates? Your pirate friends were apprehended not long after you dropped off the universe. Only 16 tons of fuel cells were recovered. You therefore owe us 2 tons, at..." He pauses and taps out something and then continues, "todays rate of 48.5 credits per kg, you owe us 97,000 credits. I see you left a security deposit when you signed up to contract with us of 5000 credits, so I'll just knock that off the tally. If you would be so kind as to transfer the remaining 92,000 credits to us, we will cancel the contracts on you with the bounty hunter guild." After a slight pause he says, "How is Bespin? There for the festival? I caught it two years ago, it was wonderful."

Seeing the expression on Corran's face, the man leans in an says, "Why don't you see about getting a loan? Maybe the Hutts will loan you the money or the Banking guild. Or... if you have the fuel cells, you can just return them." The man leans back, anxious to hear what Corran as to say.

Mule

Kera lands smoothly at the public docking facility. It was a short flight, maybe 2km. The facility has numerous open docks and a nice clean feel to it. The control center directs you to hanger E-12 and requests a 10 credit docking fee.

Trill has outfitted Nate's extendable arm with cleaning supplies and set him to work in the galley. Trill pops up briefly to the bridge and seeing Kera in the midst of landing, hands Daine a list of grocery supplies. He then heads back down to the crew quarters. He then begins pulling the all the sheets and clothing from everyones quarters and running them through the refresher.

24. - Top - End - #1254

A verity of emotions flicker across Corran's face be for he answers, Sir I'm and honorable man and i would never sink to the fracking level of a pirate, those bastards set me adrift in my own fracking escape pod over a mud hole of a world overrun by rodents. it takes Corran several moments to recover from his anger before he continues, Sir i don't have the credit nor do i have the cells the only reason i took a job from you in the first place was i needed the Credits because i owed 20,000 credits on the Blue Drifter, you say you caught them my i ask if you also recovered my ship the Blue Drifter.

Sir I'm willing to work off my diet to you, I'm even willing to submit myself to the local cops to be imprisoned if you so deem it necessary. And as for How is Bespin, I don't know so far all I've seen is the out side of the medical facility and the inside of a medical tent standing naked for 4 hours being decontaminated for some sort of fugal disease that the passenger on the ship that rescued me caught and the 2k it took me to walk here, and as for the festival, i did not know it was going on until the clerk here informed me all calls are free do to the festival. And as for getting a loam i would never go to a Hutt. as for the Banking guild I'm willing to go and see if there willing to risk a loan to me for a 120,000 credits.
    Last edited by Graybacca; 2008-01-18 at 10:37 AM.

Character links

25. - Top - End - #1255
    Ogre in the Playground

Corran

Mr. Geary raises an eyebrow and says, "If you are without a ship and without collateral and without active contracts I doubt the Banking Guild will give you much of anything. Lets see about your ship." The man's attention is drawn away briefly, but after a moment or two he says, "Ah, yes, they eventually recovered your ship. However, the Banking Guilds took position of it after you didn't make any payments on your loan. Looks like they called it even, so you don't have to worry about that 20,000 credits."

The man smiles and the wrinkles in his forehead shift slightly giving him a slightly evil look as he says, "The Hutts, or some similar organization may be your only choice if you truly wish to repay us. Now, if you want to work off your debt, that is fine. Once you are captured, your outstanding debt is sufficient to cause your indenturement. You will be our slave. I should think putting you to work in one of our fuel cell factories is appropriate. If you work hard, you may even buy your freedom in 3 or 4 decades."

The man chuckles and adds, "In fact, if you manage to get here and turn yourself in, before the bounty hunters get you, I'll knock 2000 off the debt."

Mule

Based on the list Trill provided, you lost about 90 man-days worth of food. His shopping list doesn't contain anything expensive, but the resultant load of groceries will be quite bulky.
    Last edited by lawful_evil; 2008-01-19 at 06:41 AM.

26. - Top - End - #1256
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

Kera nods to Kaff and chucks the datapad at him. "No frills. Just get food. We're not exactly rolling in credits here. We have to get charts and fuel, too. Speaking of," she looks at Daine again, "hop to, mister. Refueling is more important than cleaning."

27. - Top - End - #1257

Corran quickly digests the information on the fate of his ship the Blue Drifter, at the slightly evil look Mr. Geary gives him, Corran gives a wolfish look of his own when he replies, I never said i would work for you, you hut'uun, but i am willing to send you payments, I have a deal for you i'll send you payments between 500 to 1000 credits a months as long as you keep the Bounty Hunters off my back, use them to keep tabs on me if you want, and should i miss more then two payments they can drag me to you. it should only take me any where from 184 to 93 months to pay you back. So what do you say.

Character links

28. - Top - End - #1258
    Ogre in the Playground

Corran

Mr. Geary shakes his head, "We are not a bank nor are we some sort of financing company. If you want a payment schedule, then, as I suggested before, get a loan from the Banking Guild, Hutts, or whoever fills their role out on Bespin. Pay us off completely and then make your monthly payments to them. I suspect that you'll find your payment schedule is... well, optimistic, but that is between you and your lender."

The man clasps his hands in front of him and says, "I think we both have made our points, feel free to call back once you have the credits. I do have other business to attend to..." After a moments pause, while reaching for the disconnect button he adds, "and, I don't want to be watching when the get there." He clicks off leaving Corran alone in a cubicle in the comm-center. With the holo connection off, Corran can hear all the people moving around and jabbering. The cubicle offer no where to hide and only two messages printed on the back of the door, "Leave Door Open When No in Use." and "For a good time call : X85T-Bespin-38476TR"

Mule

Kaff and Trill prepare to leave. Trill recovers the shopping list from Daine as Daine heads out to re-fuel and recharge. Kaff and Trill find that they can not exit the hangar bay until someone pays for the bay. Daine finds that likewise, he can not begin the fueling process until someone pays.

Therefore, Kera is forces to haul her booty out to the computer terminal in the bay and pay for all these things and finds that the terminal also offers an updated set of star charts for 5 credits if she chooses.

Daine then begins the process of fueling the ship. Checking the fuel gauge he sees the ship is 94% full already, so this is really just topping things off. Kaff and Trill head out into the city.

Kaff and Trill

Once Kera pays the docking fee, the hatch opens and Kaff and Trill exit the hanger. The hanger door leads into a large round room with a turbolift down to ground level. Soon enough they are on the ground and outside of the docking facility. The facility is on a wide street with plenty of room for speeders, parked speeders, pedestrians, as well as large pots of flowering plants and a few trees.

This main street features lots of last minute construction on numerous buildings leading up the holidays next week. Lots of flower planting, fresh paint, new displays and such. The street is very busy with pedestrian traffic and speeders. Not quite as hectic as some of the core worlds, but quite busy for the outer rim.

Checking a local information display kiosk, Kaff and Trill heads towards their grocery destination.

Kera

After paying for everything Kera then goes back in and starts to wipe down the bridge, making frequent trips back to the common area get more cleaning supplies and put the dirty ones in the refresher. If this incident has done nothing else, it has forced the crew to really clean the whole ship.

{{ Docking Fee : 10 credits, Charts : 5 credits, Fuel : 30 credits }}

29. - Top - End - #1259
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

Kera does buy new charts. You can never have new enough charts. And it's so cheap, anyway. To actually do the cleaning, Kera takes off her flight suit and pulls on a pair of plain, ordinary pants, and puts her hair up into a tail that isn't really big enough to earn the title of 'pony'. Aside from that, she's got a tank top and boots on. She sends the droid down to clean the cargo bay if it hasn't started already, then gets to work wiping down the bridge.

Next will be the common area, because they eat there, but before she moves on, she checks around for Daine. It is completely possible that he decided to get distracted by rebuilding the engine or replacing some coils or really anything else that's more fun than cleaning.

30. - Top - End - #1260

Talking to himself after Mr. Geary hung up, I doubt the bounty hunters are that fast though i do agree my location is compromised, but i should have plenty of time to fire off a holo-message to my folks. And that what he dose he quickly records a message and sends it to the residence's they maintain on Mandalore and Corellia. he then leave the building and looks for an information kiosk.

What is said in the message to his folks

Hey Mom & dad
    I'm sorry it's been so long since my last transmission but i ran into trouble on the last run, i was attacked by pirates and they stranded my on this uninhabited planet, but luck was on my side and i was rescued 8 hours ago. Dad i know it's been awhile since you did any Bounty hunting but if you have any contacts left could you find out what is going on, it looks like the company i was haling for blames me for the lost cargo, thank again, i'll contact you as soon as i can, if you need to contact me send the massage to the usual place and i'll recover it when i can.
    Last edited by Graybacca; 2008-01-20 at 08:50 AM.

Character links