New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Troll in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Default Re: Trans-Atlantic Rise of the Runelords

Branden eases out of the saddle and readies his scimitar and shield. Wordlessly, he makes his way to a point midway between Jephath and Aldern, listening and watching for any sign of wildlife.
    Lehasti Gesmeha and Azkin for Mummy's Mask
    Morevek for Wrath of the Righteous
    Janstina Silentall for Age of Worms

2. - Top - End - #332
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGuy

Aldern hops off his mount with excitement, "I just knew you all would make this an adventure!" Realizing his noise, he lowers his voice and continues," Finding this boar will take no time at all.." Aldern falls in line with Jephath and Branden.

After about 10 minutes of tracking, Leo and Steven find and follow tracks of what appears to be a healthy sized boar. Steven stops as he hears the leaves crunch in about 40 feet ahead of them. Leo nods in recognizing the same sound.
    Spoiler: Characters
    Show

3. - Top - End - #333
    Firbolg in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Jephath jumps at the unfamiliar sounds coming from the brush. "What is that?!?" he blurts, covering his mouth with his weapon hand after realizing how loudly he spoke.

Spoiler: Stealth Check
    Show
    (1d20-4)[2]

4. - Top - End - #334
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Dan's Eyes only!!
    Show

If applicable or needed again due to duration:(1d20+12)[20] for stealth.
    -After reading the rules more specifically, I think it would be silly to make a roll to climb a tree. I'm assuming I can find a tree that is easier to climb than, for example, "A rope with a wall to brace against, or a knotted rope, or a rope affected by the rope trick spell." Which has DC 5. I have +4 to climb.

I scamper up a nearby tree, as quietly as possible, hoping to get above where I anticipate the group will guide the boar. This should be good ^_^

Prepared action to jump from the tree onto said boar's back. Intending to use daggers as improvised handholds, just behind the shoulders.

As appropriate:(1d20+10)[26] for acrobatics, to aim/time/land the jump.
    (1d20+6)[12] to "attack?" the boar that I hopefully land on? Hopefully flat footed AC? Since it will have trouble dodging me from on it's back? I don't know if you want to rule this more as initiating a grapple, but I hope not. I don't know those rules worth anything, but I'm pretty sure Hopton isn't good at them.

Obviously, I'm not exactly clear on how you want to adjudicate this, but I think it'll be super fun, and rather ridiculous.

5. - Top - End - #335
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Casting a murderous glare a Jephath, Leoneiros nocks an arrow and half-draws, ready to fire at whatever emerges. He moves up to an adjacent tree and waits...
    Spoiler: Active characters
    Show
    Waylan, Kestros and Auspice (Wrath of the Righteous)

Lydia (Age of Worms - loot tracking)