New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Trans-Atlantic Rise of the Runelords

(I'm wondering if just about everything I do right now should be behind spoilers. Just don't act on it, if you shouldn't know it, plz)

Hopton continues to scan the crowds, thinking to himself "couldn't you have chosen a place without so many people in it?" Suddenly, he hears his very thoughts mirrored, loudly, in Elvish, over the din of the crowd.

Looking out the door, it's not hard to discern that the disgruntled elf (who just shook hands with the brown-haired fellow?!?) is the one doing the yelling. His demeanor just screams "uncomfortable."

This could be the perfect chance! He clearly wants to leave, and all I'd have to do is keep within a furlong of him and no one would ever notice me!

He slips out the door, determined to keep this elf in sight, just in time to nearly be overrun by Father Zantus hauling a cart! Fortunately, or not, the man doesn't notice as Hopton barely avoids a broken leg, and after making note of the elf's direction, melds into the crowd.

Perception +6 (to follow a not-hiding elf, with several recognizable associates) Stealth +12, to do so sneakily.
    Last edited by Farmerbink; 2013-12-08 at 10:59 AM.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

(Leoneiros has no reason to think he's being followed, so unless Hopton fails pretty spectacularly at being inconspicuous, Leo's Perception shouldn't be relevant.)

"Mmmm-mmm!" Leoneiros' scowl lessens somewhat as he takes his first bite of a large, perfectly-seasoned drumstick, the juices dribbling over his fingers. Well, at least these soft-handed city folk are good for something. This is the best game I've ever tasted!

After loading up a heavy plate of mashed potatoes, green beans, biscuits, gravy, and three or four different cuts of meat, and with a bottle of red wine in his other hand, he starts making his way over to the table to join Jephath. He scowl reappears as he stops and sidesteps carefully around the stalls, giving a wide berth to a group of young children playing in the street.

"All right, I admit it - this is not bad". Sitting down across from Jephath, he pulls the cork out with his teeth before taking a swig from the wine bottle. "I've had worse, anyway."
    Last edited by MuffinMan; 2013-12-08 at 03:37 PM.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Troll in the Playground

PaladinGuy

After a moment of appreciation at the beautiful swarms of butterflies, Branden steps through the crowd toward Father Zantus.

A beautiful offering, Father; Desna must be pleased. Might I offer you a hand with the cart? I've a few questions to ask.
    Last edited by JWallyR; 2013-12-08 at 05:06 PM.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Titan in the Playground

As he nears the table where Leoneiros is seated, Hopton takes a quick look around. Seeing no realistic alternatives, he fills a plate with meat, and takes a seat at the next table, facing the elf. He strikes up a thoroughly convincing conversation with his newfound table mates, all the while focusing nearly all of his efforts on listening to, and observing, Leoneiros.

Good afternoon, folks. Mind if I join you?

Ah yes, the Swallowtail Festival, it's such a delight, every year!

My favorite part is the butterfly release, though the new cathedral is simply breathtaking! Have you been inside yet?

bluff -1 for table-mates

Hopton never even looks any of them directly in the eye. He's slick like that.

perception +6 for Leo.

He digs into his meal, thinking to himself:
    I've got to figure out how to get to know this guy...

5. - Top - End - #35
    Orc in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Steven returns to the group with his third plate, piled high with festive fare. "Check this out! They have these tiny pastries shaped like butterflies, but they're stuffed with meat and cheese!" He tosses it into his grinning maw. "Oh, and that woman over there made this loaf of various meats that has spices that create flavors which may require a bard to name! You do this every year, Jephath?" He swallows a mouthful of ale and continues, "Please tell me there are games or feats of strength and skill here. That would be perfect! What should we do next?"

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Betraying a grin for the first time all day, Leo responds to Steven "I wouldn't say no to drubbing a few of these soft-bellied, fat-faced, yellow-hearted yokels at quarterstaves. Place a few coins on the outcome and we'll have a tidy profit before the day's out!"

Leo chuckles to himself as he takes another swig of wine, but chokes and nearly spits it everywhere as suddenly notices Jephath again. "No offense to present company, of course" he say sheepishly, awkwardly raising a toast with the bottle.
    Spoiler: Active characters
    Show
    Waylan, Kestros and Auspice (Wrath of the Righteous)

Lydia (Age of Worms - loot tracking)

7. - Top - End - #37
    Firbolg in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

"Well, Steven, the wind and chimes and such aren't exactly me, though they are related to me in a way. It is complicated...Like I said, this is my favorite time of year! The town has food, games, songs and shows, everything!" Japheth says, trying to avoid the subject of his curse.

Turning to Leoneiros, he continues, "No offense taken. I am more of a scholar of sorts than a warrior, myself. Some of the monks might be able to give you a challenge, but I wouldn't go and start any sort of wrestling or contest without looking around first. The townsfolk have darts, this game with horses' shoes, board games, puzzles, and all kinds of other contests. And everything is free today, in honor of Desna. People might gamble at other times, but they don't worry about it today."

8. - Top - End - #38
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGuy

Father Zantus accepts the help from Brenden. Wiping the sweat from his brow after they park the cart, he says, "Thank you, my child. What answers can I offer you on this glorious day of ours?"

Before Brenden can speak, a cool breeze chills Father Zantus. "The afternoon is upon us, and I have a cathedral to consecrate!" He slaps Brenden on the shoulders and, as he walks to the stage, yells back, "Make sure you stay for the evening, the fireworks are supposed to be just magnificent this year!"

Finally, as the sun begins to set, Father Zantus takes the central podium, uses a thunderstone to attract everyone’s attention, and clears his throat as he prepares to recite the Prayer of First Dreaming.

A sharp retort, like the crack of distant thunder, slices through the excited crowd as the sun’s setting rays paint the western sky. A stray dog that has crawled under a nearby wagon to sleep starts awake, and the buzz of two dozen conversations quickly hushes as all heads turn toward the central podium, where a beaming Father Zantus has taken the stage. He clears his throat, takes a breath to speak, and suddenly a woman’s scream slices through the air. A few moments later, another scream rises, then another. Beyond them, a sudden surge of strange new voices rises—high-pitched, tittering shrieks that sound not quite human. The crowd parts and something low to the ground races by, giggling with disturbing glee as the stray dog gives a pained yelp and then collapses with a gurgle, its throat cut open from ear to ear. As blood pools around its head, the raucous sound of a strange song begins, chanted from shrill, scratchy voices.

"Goblins chew and goblins bite.
    Goblins cut and goblins fight.
    Stab the dog and cut the horse,
    Goblins eat and take by force!
    Goblins race and goblins jump.
    Goblins slash and goblins bump.
    Burn the skin and mash the head,
    Goblins here and you be dead!
    Chase the baby, catch the pup.
    Bonk the head to shut it up.
    Bones be cracked, flesh be stewed,
    We be goblins! You be food!"

Panic moves through the crowd as people scatter and flee in every direction.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGuy

As your heads swivel to the goblin, he spys you and beckons two of his friends.

INITIATIVE
    Goblins (1d20+6)[8]

Jephath (1d20-1)[6]
    Steven (1d20+4)[11]
    Leoneiros (1d20+4)[11]
    Brenden (1d20)[20]
    Ark (1d20+8)[12]
    Hopton (1d20+7)[12]

The Goblins are 60 feet away, to the East of you, next to a tent. The stage is about 20 feet South of you. You all are standing and not obscured by the table. You realize from the screams and wreckage everywhere that their are goblins terrorizing the town. You see tents and wagons being set on fire. Townsfolk running for any building with an open door.
    Last edited by WayfaringGypsy; 2013-12-11 at 12:19 PM.

10. - Top - End - #40

NecromancerGuy

Round 1

Jephath draws his morningstar and shield as he leaps up and begins running towards the goblins. "Rufians! Go back to your trash piles!" he yells as he closes the distance the best he can.

Spoiler: Combat Actions
    Show
    Japheth uses a full round to move as close to the goblins as he can, drawing his Morningstar and shield along the way.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Round 1

Yelling an Elvish curse, Leoneiros spills the wine as he scrambles up.

Spoiler: Elven
    Show
    "Ark! Stay down!"

He draws a shortspear from his back and a sling from his belt as he leaps up onto the table, scattering plates and cups everywhere as he turns about wildly, eyes scanning in every direction. Spying the goblins at the tent, he tucks the spear under his arm as he digs a bullet from his pouch and loads the sling, eyes scanning for a clear target.

Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show
    Move action to draw weapons, 5ft step onto table, move action to load sling
    Last edited by MuffinMan; 2013-12-11 at 09:55 PM. Reason: Spoilered combat mechanics, and the goblins start farther away than I'd thought
    Show

12. - Top - End - #42
    Titan in the Playground

Round 1

Hopton draws two daggers and moves towards the nearest goblin. If there are any obstructions in the way, I'll move towards them, attempting to maintain (or gain) stealth. Moving up to 20 feet towards the nearest cover.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Orc in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Round 1

The second the the keening of the Goblin voices could be heard, Steven is standing quietly at the ready, the hilt of his curved blade clasped in both of his hands and his eyes scanning the scene. He locks in on the goblin by the dead dog. As the two others join the wretched thing, Steven winds every muscle in his body ready to launch a fierce alpha strike. He waits for one of his allies, or one of the goblins, to start making a move...

Spoiler: Combat Jargon
    Show
    Ready a charge + 2h power attack for when ally or enemy moves to close, targeting nearest enemy.
    (Up to 80 ft move, attack w/ scimitar at +6, 1d6+7 dmg)
    Also -2 AC until my next turn for charging.
    Last edited by 12StoryCondo; 2013-12-11 at 04:34 PM. Reason: Added round number and added charge penalty
    Edgar Waveseeker and Horace the wolf, of the Savage Tide

Steven

14. - Top - End - #44
    Troll in the Playground

PaladinGuy

To cover, good people! Keep your children close! shouts Branden as he draws his scimitar and readies his shield.

Spoiler
    Show
    Ready shield (move action) Draw weapon (move action)
    Last edited by JWallyR; 2013-12-11 at 03:00 PM.
    Lehasti Gesmeha and Azkin for Mummy's Mask
    Morevek for Wrath of the Righteous
    Janstina Silentall for Age of Worms

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ogre in the Playground

Throughout all of this commotion Ark continues to silently read his book. As Steven draws his scimitar, Ark closes the book with a heavy sigh. While still touching the bookmark, which seems to be a piece of cured leather, he mutters something and touches Steven on the elbow.

Looks dangerous. Here, take this.

Spoiler
    Show
    Casts Mage Armor on Steven +4 Armor Bonus to AC
    Last edited by Untarr; 2013-12-11 at 07:07 PM.
    Spoiler: Active Characters
    Show

16. - Top - End - #46
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGuy

ROUND 1

As Brenden ushers the crowd to safey, Ark gives Steven protection for the inevitable conflict. Hopton slinks forward and ducks by a tent for some cover. Steven, newly enchanted, readies his grip on his sword as Leoneiros mounts the table for a better view of the chaos, loading his sling in the process. As the goblins (1&2) rush the group, Steven and Jephath spring to action. Steven beats Jephath to the first goblin(1), meeting it headlong in a charge. The goblin's last sound is a high pitched scream turned gurgle as his body is split in half. The second Goblin yelps as his friend dies, and again upon seeing Jephath reach Steven prepared with his morningstar to assist Goblin(3) climbs a near by fruit cart and proceeds to being flinging fruit at Steven to no avail.

Spoiler: Mechanics Breakdown
    Show

Steven's attack (1d20+6)[24] damage (1d6+7)[13]
    Goblin attack (1d20-2)[1]
    Last edited by WayfaringGypsy; 2013-12-13 at 07:01 PM.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Round 2

Spoiler: Character Status
    Show
    Leoneiros Moonshadow
    M CG Elf Ranger, Level 1, Init +4, HP 11/11, Speed 30ft
    AC 16, Touch 14, Flat-footed 12, CMD 17, Fort +4, Ref +6, Will +2, CMB +3, Base Attack Bonus 1
    Longbow (20 / 40 in pack) +5 (1d8, x3)
    Shortspear (3) +3 / +5 thrown (1d6 + 2, x2)
    Dagger (1) +3 / +5 thrown (1d4 + 2, 19-29/x2)
    Sling (9) +5 (1d4 + 2, x2)
    Leather Armor, Buckler (+2 Armor, +4 Dex)
    Abilities Str 14, Dex 18, Con 13, Int 12, Wis 14, Cha 8
    Condition Wielding sling (loaded) and shortpear. No buckler
    -2 atk per range increment (50 ft for sling)
    Point Blank Shot: +1/+1 within 30 ft

Spying the third goblin off on its own, Leoneiros begins whirling the sling overhead rapidly. Skipping forward a step, he releases it as hard as he can at the goblin on the fruit cart. Not pausing to watch the bullet fly, his eyes are already scanning for more goblins as he draws another bullet from his pouch and gets ready to fire again.

Show
    5 ft step closer to goblin 3, attack goblin 3 w/ sling, reload
    Last edited by MuffinMan; 2013-12-14 at 12:19 AM.
    Show

18. - Top - End - #48

NecromancerGuy

Round 2

Spoiler: Stat Block
    Show
    Jephath Gandethus
    Male Lawful Neutral Human Oracle, Level 1, Init -1, HP 10/10, Speed 30
    AC 20, Touch 15, Flat-footed 15, CMD 15, Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +2, CMB +0, Base Attack Bonus 0
    Morningstar (-) +0 (1d8, x2)
    Dagger (1) +0/-1 (1d4, 19-20/x2)
    Light Crossbow (10) -1 (1d8, 19-20/x2)
    Studded Leather Armor, Heavy Wooden Shield (+3 Armor, +2 Shield, +5 Dex)
    Abilities Str 10, Dex 8, Con 14, Int 14, Wis 10, Cha 20
    Condition None

Japheth closes the distance to the nearest goblin and swings his morningstar. If able he then steps back out of reach of the foul little miscreant. "Watch out for more of them, they never fight in such small numbers!" he yells to the others in the square.

Show
    Move action to reach the nearest (living) goblin (if necessary), followed by a standard action to attack the goblin (morningstar with +0 to hit, 1d8 damage, x2 critical multiplier), and finally ending with a 5-foot step away from the goblin (if it was not needed to move to get in range of the goblin in the first place).

19. - Top - End - #49
    Orc in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Show
    Steven
    Male Neutral Human Barbarian, Level 1, Init +4, HP 13/13, Speed 40 ft
    AC 16, Touch 12, Flat-footed 14, CMD 16, Fort +3, Ref +2, Will -1, CMB +4, Base Attack Bonus +1
    Scimitar +4 (1d6+3 (+4 2H), 18-20/x2)
    Dagger (1) +4 (+3 when thrown) (1d4+3, 19-20/x2)
    Studded Leather (not worn) (+4 Armor, +2 Dex)
    Abilities Str 16, Dex 15, Con 13, Int 18, Wis 9, Cha 7
    Condition -Mage Armor (+4 armor bonus | 1hr)
    -Power Attacking unless specifying otherwise (+3 2h dmg or +2 1h dmg | -1 hit for subsequent attacks in round i.e. attacks of opportunity)

Round 2

Steven fixates on the other nearby Goblin and speeds wordlessly toward it to outflank with Jephath, sealing it's wretched little Fate.

Spoiler: Or...
    Show
    If the Goblin gets mashed by then, move to cut the legs from under the little fiend on the fruit cart.

Spoiler: Both already dead:
    Show
    Group on Jephath and total defense/perception

Spoiler: Combat Mechanics
    Show
    Move to flank with Jephath and 2h power attack at +6 | 1d6+7 dmg. If he's dead, move to and attack (charge if necessary for distance) the cart Goblin at +4 hit | 1d6+7 dmg (+6 hit if charge is required)

Else, group on Jephath and total defense up to 20 AC.
    Last edited by 12StoryCondo; 2013-12-16 at 11:22 AM.

Steven

20. - Top - End - #50
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Character status
    Show
    Hopton Watchburrough
    M CG Halfling Rogue, Level 1, Init +7, HP 10/10, Speed 20
    AC 19, Touch 16, Flat-footed 14, CMD 14, Fort +3, Ref +8, Will +1, CMB -1, Base Attack Bonus 0
    Weapon Finesse Rapier +6 (1d4, 18-20/x2)
    Short Bow (20x arrows) +6 (1d4, x3)
    Dagger x2 +6 (1d3, 19-20/x2)
    Studded Leather (+3 Armor, +5 Dex, +1 Size)
    Abilities Str 10, Dex 20, Con 14, Int 14, Wis 10, Cha 9
    Condition None

Round 2

If possible, move to flank and shankity w/ dagger. If not possible, but possible to close within 20 yards (only 1 range increment), move that far and throw mainhand dagger. If still not possible, try to approach as much as reasonable, while staying hidden.

Spoiler: Combat mechanics
    Show
    thrown dagger: 1d20+6 for 1d3 damage, flanking dagger 1d20+8, for 1d3 damage +1d6 sneak attack damage

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ogre in the Playground

Show

Level 1, Init +8, HP 8/8, Speed 30
    AC 14 + 4, Touch 14, Flat-footed 10, CMD 13, Fort +1, Ref +4, Will +0, CMB -1, Base Attack Bonus 0
    Dagger -1 (1d4-1, 19-20/x2)
    Spell Like Ability Acid Dart (8/day) +4 (1d6, -)
    (+4 Dex)
    Abilities Str 8, Dex 18, Con 12, Int 20, Wis 7, Cha 9
    Condition None

Round 2
    Hrmm, lets just wait and see where this goes.

Ark moves on the ground next to his brother and drops into a defensive stance.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move Action: Move next to Leo
    Standard Action: Total Defense (+4) AC
    Last edited by Untarr; 2013-12-16 at 05:14 PM.
    Show

22. - Top - End - #52
    Troll in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Branden moves with swift but measured paces toward the nearest goblin, scimitar ready to strike!

Spoiler: Combat Stuffs
    Show
    If possible, melee attack at +5/1d6+3 at the front-most goblin. Failing that, the further goblin; failing that, Perception check (+0) for other hostiles near/entering the area.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGuy

ROUND 2

Brenden moves forward and swings with this scimitar at Goblin(2) in front of Jephath. The Goblin(2) ducks under your blade. Ark backs into the table that Leoneiros is standing on and readies for the next wave. Hopton moves into position to stab the same Goblin(2). His blade finds home and cuts the Goblin across the side of his face. Leoneiros's shot flies but goes wide and misses Goblin(3). Steven takes a 5 foot step to flank the Goblin(2) with Hopton, but the Goblin still manages to evade his attack. As the the terror around them continues, Ark hears someone scream, "Look out!". Realizing he was looking at the scream and not the direction the danger would be coming from, he whirls around to see a Goblin(4) flying down toward Leo off the the rooftop. Before he can say a word, the Goblin misses Leoneiros and crashes on the table with an audible snap. Leonerios keeps his balance on the table, to the relief of Ark. Goblin(2) takes a swing at Steven, though his blade seems to only glace off of his skin without dealing any damage. Goblin(3) tries a pumpkin as big as he is and hurls it to no avail, tumbling out of the cart. Jephath curses as his morning star doesn't connect with the elusive Goblin(2).

Show

Brenden's Attack (1d20+5)[7]
    Brenden's Damage (1d6+3)[8]
    Leoneiros's Attack (1d20+5)[7]
    Leoneiros's Damage (1d4+2)[6]
    Leoneiros's Acrobatics Check (1d20+4)[24]
    Hopton's Attack (1d20+6)[18]
    Hopton's Damage (1d4)[2]
    Steven's Attack (1d20+4)[6]
    Steven's Damage (1d6+4)[8]
    Goblin(2) Attack (1d20+2)[8]
    Goblin(2) Damage (1d4)[3]
    Goblin(3)Attack (1d20-2)[7]
    Jephath's Attack (1d20)[11]
    Jephath's Damage (1d8)[4]
    Last edited by WayfaringGypsy; 2013-12-19 at 09:23 AM.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ogre in the Playground

Round 3

Ark takes a step back from the newest goblin. He points his finger at the goblin's head and with heavy sarcasm

Great plan. I wouldn't have thought of attacking the table. It is obviously the biggest threat. Good thing your face was here to take it down. It was about to slaughter everyone.

A flash of green leaves Ark's outstretched hand and flies towards the goblin.

Spoiler: Combat Mechanics
    Show

Five Foot Step away from Goblin(4)
    Acid Dart - Ranged Touch [1d6 DMG (+4 atk)]
    Show

25. - Top - End - #55

NecromancerGuy

Round 3

Show
    Jephath Gandethus
    Male Lawful Neutral Human Oracle, Level 1, Init -1, HP 10/10, Speed 30
    AC 20, Touch 15, Flat-footed 15, CMD 15, Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +2, CMB +0, Base Attack Bonus 0
    Morningstar (-) +0 (1d8, x2)
    Dagger (1) +0/-1 (1d4, 19-20/x2)
    Light Crossbow (10) -1 (1d8, 19-20/x2)
    Studded Leather Armor, Heavy Wooden Shield (+3 Armor, +2 Shield, +5 Dex)
    Abilities Str 10, Dex 8, Con 14, Int 14, Wis 10, Cha 20
    Condition None

Looking around at the chaos, Japheth either attacks Goblin (2) and then steps away (if it is still alive) or charges Goblin (3). "These miserable little monsters are everywhere!" he yells.

"I just hope they don't start setting fire to anything..." he mumbles to himself.

Show
    Attack Goblin (2) Morningstar +0, 1d8 x2 Damage, 5-foot step away

or

Charge Goblin (3) Morningstar +2, 1d8 x2 Damage, -2 AC

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Round 3

Show
    Leoneiros Moonshadow
    M CG Elf Ranger, Level 1, Init +4, HP 11/11, Speed 30ft
    AC 16, Touch 14, Flat-footed 12, CMD 17, Fort +4, Ref +6, Will +2, CMB +3, Base Attack Bonus 1
    Shortspear (3) +3 / +5 thrown (1d6 + 3, x2)
    Dagger (1) +3 / +5 thrown (1d4 + 2, 19-29/x2)
    Leather Armor, Buckler (+2 Armor, +4 Dex)
    Abilities Str 14, Dex 18, Con 13, Int 12, Wis 14, Cha 8
    Condition Wielding shortspear w/ 2 hands. No buckler
    Sling w/ bullet dropped on table
    vs Animals +2 atk/dmg
    -2 atk per range increment (50 ft for sling)
    Point Blank Shot: +1/+1 within 30 ft

Grumbling to himself, And just when this festival was starting to be tolerable, Leo drops the loaded sling so that he can grasp the shortspear with both hands, bringing it down on the goblin on the table.

Show
    Drop sling, and attack goblin on table with shortspear (coup de grace if it's helpless). Or if it's already dead, retrieve sling and attack goblin 3 on the cart again.
    Last edited by MuffinMan; 2013-12-19 at 10:42 AM.
    Show

27. - Top - End - #57
    Orc in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Show
    Steven
    Male Neutral Human Barbarian, Level 1, Init +4, HP 13/13, Speed 40 ft
    AC 16, Touch 12, Flat-footed 14, CMD 16, Fort +3, Ref +2, Will -1, CMB +4, Base Attack Bonus +1
    Scimitar +4 (1d6+3 (+4 2H), 18-20/x2)
    Dagger (1) +4 (+3 when thrown) (1d4+3, 19-20/x2)
    Studded Leather (not worn) (+4 Armor, +2 Dex)
    Abilities Str 16, Dex 15, Con 13, Int 18, Wis 9, Cha 7
    Condition -Mage Armor (+4 armor bonus | 1hr)
    -Power Attacking unless specifying otherwise (+3 2h dmg or +2 1h dmg | -1 hit for subsequent attacks in round i.e. attacks of opportunity)

Round 3

"Dammit Jeph, don't give them tips!" Steven redoubles his efforts on the toothy ninja before him.

Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show
    Flanking 2h power attack +6 hit, +7 dmg. Else, run at the nearest living (hostile) thing and kill it - move and a2h power attack a at +4 hit, +7 dmg.

Steven

28. - Top - End - #58
    Troll in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Round 3

Branden's eyes gleam with renewed zeal as he sees the new entrants into the fray.

Aha! I worried that there would be too few of you to justify the readying of my blade!

Spoiler: Combat Stuffs
    Show
    Branden, in order of preference (depending on relevance:
    1) Attacks the nearest goblin, if present
    2) If near goblin is dead and he's close enough to another goblin to move and attack, does so
    3) If no living goblins are within move + attack range, 5ft step towards nearest goblin while performing a DAZZLING DISPLAY of weapon prowess! Intimidate check (at +9) against all enemies to cause them to be Shaken.
    Last edited by JWallyR; 2013-12-20 at 05:35 PM.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Titan in the Playground

Round 3

Hopton attacks the goblin that he and Steven are flanking (?). Otherwise, move to flank. Time to sit still, you little bugger!"

Spoiler: "Combat Mechs
    Show
    flanking dagger 1d20+8, for 1d3 damage +1d6 sneak attack damage

30. - Top - End - #60
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGuy

Brenden smites Goblin(2) with his zealous wrath, cleaving the now stable goblin into small quivering pieces. In his sarcastic glee, Ark manages to hit Leoneiros in the foot with his Acid Dart. Hearing Leoneiros yelp in pain, Hopton moves to the table to shankity the goblin there, only to find out that he has slain a dead Goblin. Regaining his composure, Leoneiros takes aim and fires upon Goblin(3). This shot sails high missing Goblin(3), who is still trying to stand. Steven sees the goblin in his groggy state and acts. This time, his sword rings true as he hacks down the still rising Goblin(3). Goblins around the edges of the fray seem to pay you no mind as they scurry about causing whatever mayhem they can find. A few have begun using torches, though they are setting each other on fire as much as they are the town. Littered around you are citizens and travelers who didn't manage to find a place to hide, crawling toward the cathedral with what effort they have left. Father Zantus, seeing the work the adventurers are doing, shouts to various people to move toward the church.

Show

Brenden's Attack (1d20+5)[23]
    Brenden's Damage (1d6+3)[6]
    Ark's Attack (1d20+4)[6]
    Ark's Damage (1d6)[1]
    Hopton's Attack (1d20+8)[23]
    Hopton's Damage (1d4)[4](1d6)[5]
    Leoneiros's Attack (1d20+5)[13]
    Leoneiros's Damage (1d4+2)[3]
    Steven's Attack (1d20+6)[22]
    Steven's Damage (1d6+7)[10]
    Goblin(2) Attack (1d20+3)[12]
    Goblin(2) Damage (1d4+2)[6]
    Goblin(3) Attack (1d20+3)[11]
    Goblin(3) Damage (1d4+2)[3]
    Jephath Attack (1d20)[17]
    Jephath Damage (1d8)[1]

for Goblin(3)
    Steven's Attack (1d20+4)[19]
    Steven's Damage (1d6+7)[10]
    Jephath Attack (1d20+2)[13]
    Jephath Damage (1d8)[8]
    Last edited by WayfaringGypsy; 2013-12-21 at 08:15 PM.